haenex (EUNE)
: I have a rather wierd question...
> [{quoted}](name=haenex,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qfRWV1f2,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-05-20T08:12:26.022+0000) > > we all know or homeboy dekar who > T1 oh yeah him does that answer your question
: As if teen titans go wasn't bad enough....
oh boy that guy really seems to be into dumbing down his favorite show
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5LVvznj,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:44:43.217+0000) > > I just downloaded it and atm (not currently in a game) it says my gpu is at 29C/84F > Don't think that's overheating, is it? Nah, that's a totally normal idle temp. However, GPUs heat up a tremendous amount under load, and if your cooling isn't working right, then it would only be visible under load. Leave it running and play some League (a practice game is fine), then check the max recorded temp after a bit. If the max temp is 75C or lower, it's not overheating.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5LVvznj,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T06:11:56.186+0000) > > Nah, that's a totally normal idle temp. > > However, GPUs heat up a tremendous amount under load, and if your cooling isn't working right, then it would only be visible under load. Leave it running and play some League (a practice game is fine), then check the max recorded temp after a bit. > > If the max temp is 75C or lower, it's not overheating. Then that's not it, it seems.
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Trash MammaI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pAXZjsEO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:38:40.483+0000) > > Why is there a long post about CN on the league of legends boards is the better question https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRrJNwvC9kWJZ-LSlPW-ihzgWsGuWeDJvUwqApHLTMX1Qm96Uj1
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pAXZjsEO,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:43:35.992+0000) > > https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRrJNwvC9kWJZ-LSlPW-ihzgWsGuWeDJvUwqApHLTMX1Qm96Uj1 why even bother "remake" old cartoons if it's gonna be like this literally just do some new stuffs, it's not like the kids are going to recognize characters from several years old-shows fss
BCLogic (NA)
: Top Lane Champs to play when trying to improve in the lane phase
: Shen Needs a miracle to be relevent.
I mean yeah if you use your ult in the middle of the lane then it's bound to fail. I like to bait the ennemy doing that. Sometimes i'll just pop my ult on an ally that would've died from DoT or something and the ennemy just rushes on me to cancel my ult, putthing themselves in a position where it's easy to get an empowered q on them. So I don't tp across the map and I still saved my ally.
Vacus (NA)
: If you don't already have one, download a program that can check the temperatures of your computer parts. I use HWMonitor by CPUID personally. Intermittent drops in performance of GPU are most commonly (but of course, not always) caused by overheating.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5LVvznj,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-20T04:14:27.506+0000) > > If you don't already have one, download a program that can check the temperatures of your computer parts. I use HWMonitor by CPUID personally. > > Intermittent drops in performance of GPU are most commonly (but of course, not always) caused by overheating. I just downloaded it and atm (not currently in a game) it says my gpu is at 29C/84F Don't think that's overheating, is it?
: How odd, considering the patch was suppose to _fix_ the fps issues the game has been having recently, at least for higher end PCs. Perhaps Riot messed something up and ended up making the optimization hit lower end PCs this patch (I guess this would apply if you have a lower end pc)?
> [{quoted}](name=OverpoweredSoap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5LVvznj,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-05-20T04:49:59.505+0000) > > How odd, considering the patch was suppose to _fix_ the fps issues the game has been having recently, at least for higher end PCs. > > Perhaps Riot messed something up and ended up making the optimization hit lower end PCs this patch (I guess this would apply if you have a lower end pc)? Yeah I probably do. It's several years old so you know. That might have something to do with it.
Etika (NA)
: Does anyone expriencing slow alt+tab on client compare to pre-8.10?
: The game is just getting too damn big tbh. It's hard to run all that shit at once when there's so much data to process unless you have a really good computer. I can't afford a new computer rn but mine has been crashing quite frequently during games which is why I barely play anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Rico Nasty,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5LVvznj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-20T03:28:52.737+0000) > > The game is just getting too damn big tbh. It's hard to run all that shit at once when there's so much data to process unless you have a really good computer. I can't afford a new computer rn but mine has been crashing quite frequently during games which is why I barely play anymore. I can't speak on behalf of everybody having issues, but in this perticular case, i've had several games after the update where my fps was as it should be. The only explanation I could come up with would be that some of my computer components got damaged in the brief period of time that took place between the 2 games, but that just doesn't seem quite right, especially considering that in the... what, 10-15 games i've played since then? i've had at least 1 or 2 at appropriate performances (the 60 fps i'm talking about). I'll write a support ticket soon enough, I was just trying to see if anybody had any quick-fix tip or something.
: probably windows 10 being shit
> [{quoted}](name=Bronze 1 99LP,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j5LVvznj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-20T03:08:26.448+0000) > > probably windows 10 being shit they didn't fool me i'm still on win7 babeeeeeeeeee
: Why is nobody talking about how they are butchering Taliyah on the PBE
I mean except the fact that its not an aoe anymore arent those just straight buffs to her q
Rioter Comments
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YPPqYJpL,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-19T23:09:03.669+0000) > > you could always become a ref and rig the games in canadian teams' favors I'm Canadian, dammit! We play fair! We play with honour! We're the ones who stand triumphant even when the game is rigged against us! (See Canada vs Russia '72)
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YPPqYJpL,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-19T23:39:49.764+0000) > > I'm Canadian, dammit! We play fair! We play with honour! We're the ones who stand triumphant even when the game is rigged against us! (See Canada vs Russia '72) can't have everything, sid.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YPPqYJpL,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-19T22:58:46.823+0000) > > https://t2.genius.com/unsafe/220x391/https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F2b790e48bcd9779bce4dc5bc74a01118.563x1000x1.png > > Don't let your dreams be memes Bruh I don't even know how to skate. There's literally 0 chance. The best I could hope for is to join some local team that just plays for fun. If I wanted to even think about one day joining the NHL, I'd have to have started at age 5.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YPPqYJpL,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-19T23:01:56.625+0000) > > Bruh I don't even know how to skate. There's literally 0 chance. The best I could hope for is to join some local team that just plays for fun. If I wanted to even think about one day joining the NHL, I'd have to have started at age 5. you could always become a ref and rig the games in canadian teams' favors
NotSid (NA)
: The last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup.. I was 3 years old
Rioter Comments
: Riot, i just need 7 RP
write a ticket to the support team and they should give you the rp since it's such a small amount
: Unpopular Opinion: I like the Jungle Changes
I wouldn't mind the xp reduction if the scuttler wasn't as important as an epic monster If you miss both, you'll be extremely behind the ennemy jungler now
: Would Alex Jones be a good voice actor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqGhZumfRTA
: Why does China own everything in the US?
Mordius (NA)
: Riot: We're done making Project Skins
I mean they did pulsefire cait a few months ago. Was only a matter of time before the skin line expanded further. ...But I would've probably liked project shen over pulsefire shen.
: He's a normal person, being paid. Correct. He assumed it was hacked. When it wasn't. He took his role, and felt he had all the power in the world. I'm sure I'm not the first, nor the last that will be treated poorly by him.
> [{quoted}](name=ClutchSkillshotz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4z3rFlIQ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-05-18T03:40:44.993+0000) > > He's a normal person, being paid. Correct. He assumed it was hacked. When it wasn't. He took his role, and felt he had all the power in the world. I'm sure I'm not the first, nor the last that will be treated poorly by him. I mean rioters don't manually check the IPs of different accounts and ban the ones where it fluctuates. An automated system banned your account. Then you told the rioter you bought it. Buying accounts is against the ToS.
: Riot's Lack of Care for the non-meta
riot doesn't really look at these boards. You should've sent a ticket to the support team or put it on reddit or something
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4ExtfEfM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-18T03:13:43.527+0000) > > oh really that's a thing Like I said, if it ain't already, I'm making it one. I better see your AMA soon too.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4ExtfEfM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-05-18T04:01:18.526+0000) > > Like I said, if it ain't already, I'm making it one. I better see your AMA soon too. to be fair I miscalculated how many numbers were in a million
: Just hit 1 million mastery points on Shaco, AMA
: Aram now has more attention put into it than TT Has and probably ever will.
all they have to do is remove the support items and TT will be better than ever
: Unmatched in both his skill with unique armaments and his biting sarcasm, Jax is the last known weapons master of Icathia. After his homeland was laid low by its own hubris in unleashing the Void, Jax and his kind vowed to protect what little remained. As magic now rises in the world, this slumbering threat stirs once more, and Jax roams Valoran, wielding the last light of Icathia and testing all warriors he meets to see if any are strong enough to stand beside him... first paragraph of Jax's wiki page.
> [{quoted}](name=LuciferDraco,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=niYkgXBJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-17T21:49:24.818+0000) > > Unmatched in both his skill with unique armaments and his biting sarcasm, Jax is the last known weapons master of Icathia. After his homeland was laid low by its own hubris in unleashing the Void, Jax and his kind vowed to protect what little remained. As magic now rises in the world, this slumbering threat stirs once more, and Jax roams Valoran, wielding the last light of Icathia and testing all warriors he meets to see if any are strong enough to stand beside him... > > first paragraph of Jax's wiki page. so they made him from "too skilled to be allowed to fight with a weapon" to "taking the "beacon of light" metaphor too seriously"? lame.
: > [{quoted}](name=Percentages,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X7Zi8ZZH,comment-id=000700000001,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:23:35.628+0000) > > Yea because selling video games and fascism have a lot in common.... Orders are orders. A man chooses, a slave obeys. There is no middle ground. You are or aren't following what you're told to do, that's not even absolutism, it's simply fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Incognonymous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=X7Zi8ZZH,comment-id=0007000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:41:21.884+0000) > > Orders are orders. A man chooses, a slave obeys. There is no middle ground. You are or aren't following what you're told to do, that's not even absolutism, it's simply fact. 400 years, that sounds like a choice to me.
: 8.10 but no PF Shen?
usually skins come a few days after the balance changes, no?
: Why do people say "omegalul"
yeah all twitch related stuffs are cringy and dumb
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmOoB4pZ,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:09:37.167+0000) > > I mean junglers with fast clear speed easely reached level 3 before any laner did if the laners only last hitted creeps. Those with strong early ganks would then give an early lead to their team and p much decide who wins in higher elo if the ennemy jungler isn't as good early. > Anyway, you're not getting SIGNIFICANTLY less xp. They reduced the first-clear xp reduction so you get about the same amount of xp as you used to (much more if you kill the scuttlecrab) and mid-late game you gain more xp (buffs give more xp and so does scuttle ; most other camps give the same amount or a bit more than before the nerf once they reach max level) ive already tried out a few games on the new jg update and every game i was always 2 levels behind the mid and top laner, followed by 3-4 levels behind late game, and from playing a few others non-jg, same concept is applied to the other junglers as well. i dont know if its just me, but to me personally, the early decrease in EXP sets us back terribly behind unless we can get several kills before mid game and/or take lane farm. *sighs* i dunno maybe its just me. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=MagiKyubi27,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmOoB4pZ,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-05-17T03:20:15.616+0000) > > ive already tried out a few games on the new jg update and every game i was always 2 levels behind the mid and top laner, followed by 3-4 levels behind late game, and from playing a few others non-jg, same concept is applied to the other junglers as well. i dont know if its just me, but to me personally, the early decrease in EXP sets us back terribly behind unless we can get several kills before mid game and/or take lane farm. *sighs* i dunno maybe its just me. {{sticker:sg-lulu}} Did you get the scuttle crabs in either games? They make it give a lot of xp now.
Chavonts (NA)
: I dont know how to make a clash team
the option isn't on the client yet.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XmNEJMZc,comment-id=00000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T23:06:28.546+0000) > > I mean the same thing could be said about most supports. Are you griefing if you pick, say, soraka, against a team of assassins and divers? You're weakening your team by having no immediate hard cc that would allow you to lock them down. Meanwhile brand's stun would allow his team to kill them. > You are arguing in the exact opposite direction. I'm saying Brand is not generally acceptable as a support, and have already conceaded that in some comps and matchups he may make sense instead of one. > What about people who main brand support? What about the people who make a living as thieves? > You seem to be assuming everybody who plays brand support deliberately tries to steal the most gold from his adc. I'm not making any assumptions about player intentions, his kit inevitable leads there. > He has as much cc early game as many meta supports (Soraka has a silence. Only becomes a root if they stand still. Braum needs 4 hits before he can stun. Knockup only at level 6. Sona has no cc except her ult's stun...etc) Cc is one form of utility. The limit to Brand's utility is the range of his Q and the stun if he combos it. Aside from the silence/root zone Soraka has a ton of healing and a long range poking/zoning meteor drop. > Difference is that an early all in will result in a lead for his team more often than any of these (and more). Again - if you're winning lane, even in a scenario where you only get assist gold and minions, you'll still be much ahead of your ennemy laners, which means you'll be doing more damage. You can't assume there will be an early all in with a random adc at your side. You also can't assume that you will get ahead in lane. As I said, if you have a duo or a team that is playing around the Brand nonsupport specifically that's one thing. Randos in solo queue are another. > Your assumptions are only correct if your mid laner always win and so does your botlane (brand). If your lead is that big you should be trying to close out the game, not drag it out until "brand falls off", as you claim. > > You're not "fucking the team over" if you're playing proprelly, and if you aren't, chances are the result would've been the same had you picked a "normal" support. If you believe that brand is an early game support with an useless late game, and you play a late game adc... Why not play an early game adc? That way you won't be hurt as much when your brand takes all the kill gold. And if you don't want to adapt your strategy... Why do you feel justified in saying that they should adapt theirs? You can't assume a strategy from a teammate. If you look at any of the actual supports, they can do most of the range between passive and aggressive. The laning strategy between to random teammates will come from the two adapting to each other and making plays they are both comfortable with. I generally play more passive, but if I get a more aggressive support I will be more ready to follow up and play a bit more aggressively and they will be less likely to make brash engages at the same time. It balances out. But you can't do something with a random stranger that doesn't work unless they completely change what they do to match you. It's just not possible to change team tactics unilaterally and nobody should be able to do it.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XmNEJMZc,comment-id=000000000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T23:19:16.759+0000) > > You are arguing in the exact opposite direction. I'm saying Brand is not generally acceptable as a support, and have already conceaded that in some comps and matchups he may make sense instead of one. You didn't answer me. In the matchups you say he makes more sense than others, is the player griefing when they pick a support that makes "less sense" than he does? Is a player griefing if they onetrick a champion that is bad in a perticular scenario? > What about the people who make a living as thieves? That is completely unrelated. You said that people only play brand support because they got autofilled and don't like to play supports : There are people who like to play support and their champion of choice is brand. Again: Why should they adapt their playstyle if you don't adapt yours by picking champions that are better with brand? > I'm not making any assumptions about player intentions, his kit inevitable leads there. It doesn't, though. None of his moves execute targets. Time your damage better. > Cc is one form of utility. The limit to Brand's utility is the range of his Q and the stun if he combos it. Aside from the silence/root zone Soraka has a ton of healing and a long range poking/zoning meteor drop. Brand has tons of damage. If he brings the ennemy down to half health while you're full, you can zone them out of cs/force them to back. He doesn't NEED to land his 3 spells to do damage too. He can just poke with his AoE (and combo off it too, if anything). Soraka won't heal as much if she's out of health. > You can't assume there will be an early all in with a random adc at your side. You also can't assume that you will get ahead in lane. As I said, if you have a duo or a team that is playing around the Brand nonsupport specifically that's one thing. Randos in solo queue are another. > You can't assume a strategy from a teammate. If you look at any of the actual supports, they can do most of the range between passive and aggressive. The laning strategy between to random teammates will come from the two adapting to each other and making plays they are both comfortable with. I generally play more passive, but if I get a more aggressive support I will be more ready to follow up and play a bit more aggressively and they will be less likely to make brash engages at the same time. It balances out. But you can't do something with a random stranger that doesn't work unless they completely change what they do to match you. It's just not possible to change team tactics unilaterally and nobody should be able to do it. If the adc is only playing passively, then they won't be killing anybody. If they aren't killing anybody, then there's no kill for brand to steal from the adc...? You "counter" my arguments by telling me i'm "making assumptions about how the game will go". You say that brand is bad late game : You're assuming brand doesn't build items that are useful to him. I can assure you that even with a ward item, a support brand with damage items will still outdamage most of your team, if not all of it.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XmNEJMZc,comment-id=000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:20:59.295+0000) > > Not really. His passive makes him do a lot of %max health. Then you get the base damage from his abilities. > Being able to do 25% max health to 2 ennemies WITHOUT counting your base damage means you get to do a lot of damage with no items. > > The point of league is to destroy the ennemy's nexus. Not to have a proplay-worthy team comp. If you go mundo-master yi bot lane and you manage to wreck your lane, it doesn't matter if those characters aren't viable in that role, you won, that's all that matters. That argument works if you have the ability to look into the future, in which case you'd do better playing the lottery than LoL. You can't justify weakening your team at any one point by anything that happens later. If a Mundo-Yi duo team wins bot lane it's despite that they were Mundo-Yi and it does not excuse the trolling in champ select even a little bit. > If he takes all the kills -> Good. That means he can p much kill anybody on the ennemy team in a single spell rotation, which takes about 5 seconds if you include his passive. I don't see how that harms your chances of victory. Press your number advantage. It harms the team by making it strong in a redundant area, your mid laner is already supposed to be providing the team with enough burst damge and/or magic damage. At the same time you are starving your adc who is in many cases the sole source for sustained damage and siege potential for your team. Obviously these rest on a few assumptions about the comp and based on what you wrote Brand would make great sense instead of a support in certain comps, but the assumptions I make here are more often than not will be true and picking Brand randomly in solo queue soley because you don't want to support is still not okay. > The only issue I see is that the adc wants to be the one making the big plays. If the ennemy can't farm because brand keeps killing them, they can't get xp or gold. You'll still be able to do more damage with your higher level and the gold you get from cs. Just less than your support. You know, I personally am an extremely cautious player, not one for the big plays. I still need the gold you feel like the nonsupport is justified in taking, because it would be impossible to balance adc champions around some supports channeling gold to them and some taking it, so they are balanced with them getting that gold in mind, and when they don't they become irrelevant. The reason the role is called support is because that's the expected behavior and refusing to support when you get the role fucks your team over. Don't fuck your team over.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XmNEJMZc,comment-id=0000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:46:32.825+0000) > > That argument works if you have the ability to look into the future, in which case you'd do better playing the lottery than LoL. You can't justify weakening your team at any one point by anything that happens later. If a Mundo-Yi duo team wins bot lane it's despite that they were Mundo-Yi and it does not excuse the trolling in champ select even a little bit. I mean the same thing could be said about most supports. Are you griefing if you pick, say, soraka, against a team of assassins and divers? You're weakening your team by having no immediate hard cc that would allow you to lock them down. Meanwhile brand's stun would allow his team to kill them. A few days ago, I had an interesting duobot on my team. The support only plays heimerdinger and the adc was jax (after looking at his match history it seems he mostly plays veigar adc, but often times play melee champions). They won lane and, again, looking at their match history, it seems that their unusual "troll" picks have won them many games (they have a positive winrate). I do believe that all those victories did not all happen "despite" their picks. > It harms the team by making it strong in a redundant area, your mid laner is already supposed to be providing the team with enough burst damge and/or magic damage. At the same time you are starving your adc who is in many cases the sole source for sustained damage and siege potential for your team. Obviously these rest on a few assumptions about the comp and based on what you wrote Brand would make great sense instead of a support in certain comps, but the assumptions I make here are more often than not will be true and picking Brand randomly in solo queue soley because you don't want to support is still not okay. What about people who main brand support? You seem to be assuming everybody who plays brand support deliberately tries to steal the most gold from his adc. He has as much cc early game as many meta supports (Soraka has a silence. Only becomes a root if they stand still. Braum needs 4 hits before he can stun. Knockup only at level 6. Sona has no cc except her ult's stun...etc) Difference is that an early all in will result in a lead for his team more often than any of these (and more). Again - if you're winning lane, even in a scenario where you only get assist gold and minions, you'll still be much ahead of your ennemy laners, which means you'll be doing more damage. Your assumptions are only correct if your mid laner always win and so does your botlane (brand). If your lead is that big you should be trying to close out the game, not drag it out until "brand falls off", as you claim. Besides. I've often times seen "actual supports" take all the kills. 4/0 blitzcranks with 0/2 adcs. What's your take on this situation? Would you rather have a tank hoard all the gold, or a damage dealer? In both cases you're still going to be starved of gold. In one case, your team will do damage. > You know, I personally am an extremely cautious player, not one for the big plays. I still need the gold you feel like the nonsupport is justified in taking, because it would be impossible to balance adc champions around some supports channeling gold to them and some taking it, so they are balanced with them getting that gold in mind, and when they don't they become irrelevant. The reason the role is called support is because that's the expected behavior and refusing to support when you get the role fucks your team over. Don't fuck your team over. You're not "fucking the team over" if you're playing proprelly, and if you aren't, chances are the result would've been the same had you picked a "normal" support. If you believe that brand is an early game support with an useless late game, and you play a late game adc... Why not play an early game adc? That way you won't be hurt as much when your brand takes all the kill gold. And if you don't want to adapt your strategy... Why do you feel justified in saying that they should adapt theirs?
Pytlajz (EUNE)
: Age
I heard that in some regions they'll ban it until the player provides their parent's consent.
My Sol (NA)
: Where is the Aurelion Sol skin coming out?
later this year. That's all the information they gave us.
: so i created a clash team on the webbrowser thingy....
you have to wait until they add the clash thing back to the client
: ok here i am this is the account
> [{quoted}](name=Master of All,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FExFtcMX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-16T21:57:09.396+0000) > > ok here i am this is the account clearly you aren't master of much if you need to be carried through your placement games
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Altiverse,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XmNEJMZc,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-05-16T20:41:50.004+0000) > > Brand Support is viable because he's capable of dealing lots of damage without being gold-reliant. He is gold reliant. Notice the AP ratios on all his abilities. > Yes, the fact that he only brings damage still doesn't mean he's not a support. The support isn't obliged to support your acclaimed adc ass and give you all the kills, nor just CC the target or shield you so you can feel good about yourself that you make all the plays. The point of a support is that with more champions than sources of income being set up on the Rift it turned out that the best way to go is to have one champion channel the gold to others while remaining useful by using non-item-dependent utility abilities. So yes, the point of support is to get the kills to his teammates, not necessarily to the adc only, but a support intentionally taking kills others could have had is subverting the strategy that was established to work because some selfish jackwit is refusing to do their job. > What the support does have to do is make his own best to ensure victory. By supporting. The role, like all the other roles on the Rift, comes with its own set of duties and responsibilites. You wouldn't give a pass to a jungler if he left your side of the jungle up for grabs to the opposite team while trying to duo lane top side, just because that's his unique little snowflake way of thinking he helps. You help your team by doing your job. > If a champion is capable of bringing lots of damage to the table while not having it on the expense of their teammate's income (aka being able to give the adc the farm, because he's not item-reliant as said earlier), then it's one way to play a support. And win rate proves it true. What makes you think he is not item reliant? He deals a lot of damage early game while nobody has much items and falls off mid game when sitting on a warding item and a pair of boots while the rest have ad/ap/tank items. As for the win rates, that includes many variables that can easily compensate for Brand's unviability as a support. One example that comes to mind is duos and premades who can just build a very aggressive laning strategy around the fact that they have a Brand instead of a support. > In no way is it directly hurtful to your team. You have not given a single argument that supports this statement. > Only to your ego as an adc main, perhaps. This is not about ego, this is about being a team player by doing your job or a selfish %%%% by not.
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XmNEJMZc,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-16T21:10:07.776+0000) > > He is gold reliant. Notice the AP ratios on all his abilities. Not really. His passive makes him do a lot of %max health. Then you get the base damage from his abilities. Being able to do 25% max health to 2 ennemies WITHOUT counting your base damage means you get to do a lot of damage with no items. > everything else The point of league is to destroy the ennemy's nexus. Not to have a proplay-worthy team comp. If you go mundo-master yi bot lane and you manage to wreck your lane, it doesn't matter if those characters aren't viable in that role, you won, that's all that matters. If he takes all the kills -> Good. That means he can p much kill anybody on the ennemy team in a single spell rotation, which takes about 5 seconds if you include his passive. I don't see how that harms your chances of victory. Press your number advantage. The only issue I see is that the adc wants to be the one making the big plays. If the ennemy can't farm because brand keeps killing them, they can't get xp or gold. You'll still be able to do more damage with your higher level and the gold you get from cs. Just less than your support.
: i quote from the patch notes (read them...it helps) "junglers have had too much of an impact in the early game. Specifically, they've too frequently been able to gank at lvl 3 before solo laners even reach that level. we're looking ot decrease consistent access to early jungle pressure but offer a more valuable rift scuttler as a new way for junglers to gain a lead." long story short, they dont want us to "get ahead" early game and they gave rift scuttler meaning. which in my opinion is kinda stupid, because whenever im lvl 3, the mid/top are usually 3 or 4 so i see no problems with that. On top of that concept, because of the fact the exp in the jungle got nerfed, you are getting significantly less EXP, which means you will fall behind early game and fall even more behind late game if you dont go like flipping 8/0 by 15 minutes or something. to my eyes, they want you to farm more gank less early game and fight the enemy jungler more, and if you fall behind, you fall behind for the rest of the game. From my experience early game i was behind 1-2 levels, then late game came and i was behind 3-4 levels. my annie had 15 less farm than me, worse KDA than me, and the enemy fiora fed her ass off, and had terrible farm, and she was still 2 levels ahead of me. what? in all honesty, i dont get this update. it makes 0 sense. buuuuut im unranked so i dont know jack XD
> [{quoted}](name=MagiKyubi27,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EmOoB4pZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-16T18:37:30.433+0000) > > long story short, they dont want us to "get ahead" early game and they gave rift scuttler meaning. which in my opinion is kinda stupid, because whenever im lvl 3, the mid/top are usually 3 or 4 so i see no problems with that. On top of that concept, because of the fact the exp in the jungle got nerfed, you are getting significantly less EXP, which means you will fall behind early game and fall even more behind late game if you dont go like flipping 8/0 by 15 minutes or something. to my eyes, they want you to farm more gank less early game and fight the enemy jungler more, and if you fall behind, you fall behind for the rest of the game. From my experience early game i was behind 1-2 levels, then late game came and i was behind 3-4 levels. my annie had 15 less farm than me, worse KDA than me, and the enemy fiora fed her ass off, and had terrible farm, and she was still 2 levels ahead of me. what? in all honesty, i dont get this update. it makes 0 sense. buuuuut im unranked so i dont know jack XD I mean junglers with fast clear speed easely reached level 3 before any laner did if the laners only last hitted creeps. Those with strong early ganks would then give an early lead to their team and p much decide who wins in higher elo if the ennemy jungler isn't as good early. Anyway, you're not getting SIGNIFICANTLY less xp. They reduced the first-clear xp reduction so you get about the same amount of xp as you used to (much more if you kill the scuttlecrab) and mid-late game you gain more xp (buffs give more xp and so does scuttle ; most other camps give the same amount or a bit more than before the nerf once they reach max level)
: I loved it when Riot created Pings interactions to Pyke, could we do that to all champions one day?
they've been working on new ways to trigger champion lines, like irelia who has one when an ennemy gets flanked by your team or something like that it is rather nice
Shinjrou (EUW)
: Yeah, I'm so disappointed with the interactions, this is like {{champion:516}} 2.0
> [{quoted}](name=Shinjrou,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=F1ThPu5B,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-05-16T15:46:03.537+0000) > > Yeah, I'm so disappointed with the interactions, this is like {{champion:516}} 2.0 to be fair it makes sense with ornn because he's supposed to be reclusive. He doesn't like being around other people, so it wouldn't make sense for him to have something witty to say about a bunch of champions, unlike, say, tahm kench, who's always trying to convince others to strike a deal with him. Pyke, however, is supposed to be something along the lines of a bilgewater exclusive kalista. He's apparently got a list with everybody's name on it, yet he only knows the big names - gp, miss fortune and illaoi (and even then illaoi is from isles near bilgewater, not actually from bilgewater). Apparently the mythical titan that "saves the wretched" (nautilus' new lore) that lives in the same area isn't well known enough to be there, but a clan leader from a region at the opposite of the continent is. I guess pyke's lore is a bit confusing. On Surr@20 the summary says he hunts people that use others for their personal gains - which, I guess, could make sense why ashe is there and naut isn't, since he's supposed to be... kinda good? and ashe "uses" her people to try to bring peace to the freljord. But the reveal trailer made him seem like he hated everybody in bilgewater because they let him die, but he didn't actually die, so they could've helped him but they chickened out or whatever.
: I missed every skill shot I had but still penta killed the entire enemy team
: Things from dota 2 that would be good in league
2) I know you're asking these features to be availible directly from the client, but there's plenty of guides for every champion on different websites like mobafire, lolking & others. P sure the guides on dota are availible through the steam overlay anyway
OccuIt (NA)
: I think there's something very wrong with Pyke having targeted Urgot ult that resets
You got it wrong pyke does a flat amount of true damage. Urgot does %max health. 400 might be 25% of an adc's max health, but it's 10% of a tank's. Besides, it's not targeted. It's also a skillshot. Your ennemies can move away from the X - they can't move away from urgot's chains once they got impaled.
: Abuse Graves while you can...
got tired of seeing him every game or so so I started banning him now I don't have to deal with him constantly killing my laners anymore
: at level 18 Pyke only has 2580 hp, Cho ult has a base damage of 650 at 3rd point with a 10%bonus hp and a 50% ap ratio. ROA (most efficient item for his ult damage besides the cinderhulk enchantment) gives him plus 50 from both scaling for 100 bonus damage. Also cho gets 960 hp from his first 6 stacks which give him nearly another 100 damage. poping gargoyles stone plate doubles all of this. RIP Pyke if the chogath getsany more than 15stacks because at that point the r alone is nearly a one shot if he is full built.
> [{quoted}](name=M00ndanc3,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wN4G1xQO,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-15T23:45:05.365+0000) > > at level 18 Pyke only has 2580 hp, Cho ult has a base damage of 650 at 3rd point with a 10%bonus hp and a 50% ap ratio. ROA (most efficient item for his ult damage besides the cinderhulk enchantment) gives him plus 50 from both scaling for 100 bonus damage. Also cho gets 960 hp from his first 6 stacks which give him nearly another 100 damage. poping gargoyles stone plate doubles all of this. RIP Pyke if the chogath getsany more than 15stacks because at that point the r alone is nearly a one shot if he is full built. don't forget the resolve mastery tree rune that gives additional %max health the more ennemy units die near you
: He doesn't even have a line for Nautilus, the champ who's lore he pretty much copied.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=F1ThPu5B,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-15T21:57:46.971+0000) > > He doesn't even have a line for Nautilus, the champ who's lore he pretty much copied. crazy how they make him look like he's got a bone to pick with everybody and yet he has so few special interactions with other champions
Rioter Comments
Show more

BlueVestGuy

Level 94 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion