JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: I agree with you on the being realistic.. I am probably going to stop playing this game because it brings me too much frustration and i'm gonna be busy with college anyhow so it won't be worth playing the game because it no longer gives me a lot of enjoyment. I basically use it to pass time now
> [{quoted}](name=JuiceBoxP,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=drppAm5g,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-03-22T21:49:20.348+0000) > > I agree with you on the being realistic.. > I am probably going to stop playing this game because it brings me too much frustration and i'm gonna be busy with college anyhow so it won't be worth playing the game because it no longer gives me a lot of enjoyment. I basically use it to pass time now I feel your pain, brother
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Yasuo's windwall shouldn't give him 360 degrees of protection at the moment of casting.
Not in a million years will riot ever care about fixing yasuo, in any way, shape, or form. I agree that this shouldn't be how things are, but we need to be a little realistic.
Riot Jag (NA)
: Teemo changes temporarily on PBE for early feedback, part 2
Probably a bit late, but have you ever considered giving teemo a skill to hop instead of a speed boost? He could use his mushrooms to bounce too.
Moody P (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=chv6XRod,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-09T15:43:57.029+0000) > > That's straight up false, let me search the Blaustoise comment on Reddit, brb in 5 min and I'll edit the comment. > > Riot Blaustoise: > > Source: > > https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/aw4t4a/at_this_point_everyone_in_this_subreddit_are/ehl2tss?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share Wrong, Yasuo is globally beloved and considered the champion that heralded the beginning of "real League of Legends" by many experts
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=chv6XRod,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-03-09T16:13:08.595+0000) > > Wrong, Yasuo is globally beloved and considered the champion that heralded the beginning of "real League of Legends" by many experts Literally every single comment I've seen you post is either you being a contrarian to stir up controversy, or being an asshole for no reason. It doesn't help that you spend every waking moment on this forum. I wish I could just filter people like you out so that I don't have to see this inane garbage.
: > [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1c1jB48e,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-02-15T00:29:16.899+0000) > > It was great having you here! Glad you enjoyed your trip, all your feedback has been super valuable to the team. Always happy to help Reav3! Looking forward to this coming year for the Champions' team, you guys are going to absolutely kill it.
> [{quoted}](name=Malicious Metal,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1c1jB48e,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-02-15T00:33:50.291+0000) > Looking forward to this coming year for the Champions' team, you guys are going to absolutely kill it. Well, yeah. The champions team have been actively killing this game for years.
Quáx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EgdN56Zu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-15T20:13:23.478+0000) > > Yikes, that's a rather harsh reaction, especially from a long time friend. I'd give it some time and see if he chills a bit. Might just be a shocker and afraid to know how to respond properly, especially if you're both in high school. Yea, we've known each other or at least been friends for around a year now, so maybe it was too soon to confess actual emotion. Still sucks though.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilRubberDucky,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EgdN56Zu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T20:18:19.773+0000) > > Yea, we've known each other or at least been friends for around a year now, so maybe it was too soon to confess actual emotion. Still sucks though. I wouldn't consider a year a long time, you made it seem like you were childhood friends or something.
: > [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lH1E9Qal,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-17T12:38:30.446+0000) > > I have no idea how you come up with the idea that his ult is "essentially a transformation". It does not change his kit in the slightest at all, which **is** what transformations are about. > > Yes, he plays differently. But that's just because his ult is giving him the ability to recklessly walk into the enemy and kill everything in sight. It resembles Tryndameres ultimate more than any transformation, since it allows him to dive the enemy team and basically be unkillable for the duration. Doesn't Tryn's ultimate give him full fury? That's also essentially a transformation. A transformation isn't about the kit--it's about what the ability provides. Mundo's ability gives him insane regen. That's what his transformation does.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lH1E9Qal,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-17T15:57:43.782+0000) > > Doesn't Tryn's ultimate give him full fury? That's also essentially a transformation. A transformation isn't about the kit--it's about what the ability provides. Mundo's ability gives him insane regen. That's what his transformation does. What planet do you live on?
Rioter Comments
: Redo yasuo
Just delete him from the game tbh
Barcid (NA)
: You have the wrong idea of how early bulk works. Health is the stronger early stat as all resistances are based off of your health. Building health automatically helps both sides of your resistances due to armor and magic resist reducing damage based off of how much health you have. Rushing armor or MR first only helps if you can back it up with health or if the enemy team literally only fronts one type of damage. Health is also better to build earlier rather than later as later means that the enemy could be housing % max health damage - things like BotRK and Bloodrazor. While the item won't mean as much if you're behind, it means more than ER did, and that item could still make people into a nightmare. It's the fact that an item already being **abused** by a class it wasn't really geared toward is now repackaged to be targeted _solely_ at them that turns this into an issue. If the item wasn't even stat-ed to be good on them to begin with, have fun facing it now that it's properly stat-ed for those champs.
>Health is also better to build earlier rather than later as later means that the enemy could be housing % max health damage - things like BotRK and Bloodrazor. The same argument can be applied to armor, and magic resist to a lesser extent. See: % armor pentration
: Boards opinion vs. Reality on Lucian W nerf on PBE. The amount of bias in boards is ridiculous.
As long as damage is being removed from this game in anyway, I'm a happy camper.
Rioter Comments
: With people becoming more and more familiar with Sylas, we need to talk about AP Bruiser Itemization
: That wasn't purple smoke
Actually, it was purple haze.
: Does anyone else hate bandwagoning?
: Season 9 A.K.A Season 8 part 2
: The boards: New champs are overloaded and all need to be gutted
The boards are not, and never will be one person.
: > [{quoted}](name=Boiled Triangles,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vauZKA7H,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-14T02:00:45.449+0000) > > You clearly missed the point that they're trying to make what's the point? that they're no longer supporting a company for whatever reason? why not just say that instead of saying "realized I could buy a $60 game instead of 3 legendary skins GG"
> [{quoted}](name=Marshbouy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vauZKA7H,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-01-14T02:03:17.233+0000) > > what's the point? that they're no longer supporting a company for whatever reason? > > why not just say that instead of saying "realized I could buy a $60 game instead of 3 legendary skins GG" Yes, that's obviously the point. I'm not defending it, I'm just letting you know that you're getting angry for the wrong reason.
: "I am going to spend my money on other games instead of pointless skins in LoL"
Moody P (NA)
: why does red smite reduce dmg taken by 20%
Anything that reduces damage is fine by me at this point. Though I'm not sure why you're upset at a flat percentage of damage reduction and not regular tank stats, because they basically do the same exact thing.
GFREEMEN (NA)
: He can be balanced. They just need to lower/remove the damage from a lot of his kit (something Riot wont do) If they removed the damage from his E completely (so it only had the shield, dash and stun) then lowered the dash range of his W to melee range and removed the slow from his Q He would be in a MUCH better place for balance.
The numbers literally don't matter, it's about how the spell fundamentally changes the game. Much like other champs who do this, he'll usually either be too good or too terrible no matter what happens.
Juice (EUNE)
: Renekton? What are you talking about How is Renekton "oppressive" when ahead? Even when he is ahead you just cc him once and he is useless, or just press red smite on him and kill him 1v1 even if he is 3 levels higher than you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwC25X4nwcg Look how oppressive this 180 farm lv14 Renekton is to this lv11 udyr Why didn't you list some champs who are actually oppressive when ahead instead of Renekton such as Vladimir, Kled, Mordekaiser, Evelynn, Udyr, RENGAR, Irelia, Akali, CAMILLE ? How exactly are Renekton's linear, predictable gap closer and single target nuke oppressive when you can build an item that blocks 36% of his damage (HELLO NINJA TABI!)
: That won't do anything but stop you from being butthurt.
: Remove Duskblade, Buff Assassins
remove duskblade, remove assassins
: Who is your least favorite champion
: Plus no one wants to play Udyr. He's so shit that being forced to play him would be terrible.
: So... are you mad that the bounty system factors in CS, or are you mad that there's a bounty system at all? Because if you're only mad about the CS part and your reasoning is that the game is punishing you for playing well, then it makes no sense for you to be fine with it factoring in kills and assists. It's literally the same exact thing; in exchange for getting all the rewards that come with playing well, the enemy team is given an opportunity to mitigate those gains. I'm not saying that the change is good or bad, but the reasoning you've been showing has a pretty obvious hole in it. If I am in any way mistaken or otherwise missing something that you have not expressly stated, please feel free to inform me of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Li1h4QGP,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-06T01:45:04.922+0000) > > So... are you mad that the bounty system factors in CS, or are you mad that there's a bounty system at all? Because if you're only mad about the CS part and your reasoning is that the game is punishing you for playing well, then it makes no sense for you to be fine with it factoring in kills and assists. It's literally the same exact thing; in exchange for getting all the rewards that come with playing well, the enemy team is given an opportunity to mitigate those gains. > > I'm not saying that the change is good or bad, but the reasoning you've been showing has a pretty obvious hole in it. If I am in any way mistaken or otherwise missing something that you have not expressly stated, please feel free to inform me of it. I'm pretty sure it's a mixture of that, and the fact that the maximum bounty was increased so heavily. Personally, I think they should just remove it altogether.
: So when are we going to make all RANDOM actually RANDOM?
Guys... have you considered that people are just picking the best champs more often? There's a pool of champs to choose from when people inevitably reroll, and most people would go for a champ like lux rather than udyr. Come on people, it's not that hard to put together.
SikhRS (NA)
: Lack of a Report Option in Champ Select Makes It Easier For Role Hijackers/Toxics to Go Unpunished
Bârd (NA)
: Except they've already implemented champions who use micro. It's not a matter of complexity, it's a matter of functionality. Starcraft got Micro down pretty much perfectly in 1998, but here we are in 2019 and a multi-million dollar game company can't manage anything better than "hold alt and the unit will do what you say, maybe, unless it chooses not to."
> Starcraft got Micro down pretty much perfectly in 1998, but here we are in 2019 and a multi-million dollar game company can't manage anything better than "hold alt and the unit will do what you say, maybe, unless it chooses not to." Yeah, it's almost like they don't give a shit. That's why they don't bother implementing new systems. This thread is completely pointless.
Bârd (NA)
: Can we please get a revamped system for controlled units?
This will never happen. First, riot wants to keep this game as casual as possible, so micromanagement can't get any more complex than it is. Second, riot is busy making ahri skins and more assassins, they literally do not care about things like this.
Hotarµ (NA)
: [_"...it's not THAT bad of a detection system. Obviously that's not all they rely on, but having a simple system like that (I assume) flags your account for further investigation to make sure you aren't actually using a cheat engine. Occam's razor."_](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/hGEJp8yh-psa-dont-watch-the-new-vandiril-video-and-go-into-a-game?comment=00010000000100000000) Taken from a comment I made on another one of these posts.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=rtmzX5ms,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-02T06:28:56.243+0000) > > [_"...it's not THAT bad of a detection system. Obviously that's not all they rely on, but having a simple system like that (I assume) flags your account for further investigation to make sure you aren't actually using a cheat engine. Occam's razor."_](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/hGEJp8yh-psa-dont-watch-the-new-vandiril-video-and-go-into-a-game?comment=00010000000100000000) > > Taken from a comment I made on another one of these posts. Yeah what an amazing system, which made me crash 3 different games without any indication of what it could be. Shame on me for using cheat engine to speed up flash games, and having it run in the background by accident. This kind of bullshit coding laziness is why Riot is such a terrible company.
: Yeah, not really. As I wanted to point out in the OP, these problems will persist regardless of meta and will always be a thing until a change is made. They transcend damage, durability, meta and the like: It's a problem with the game itself. In much the same way things like Flash and ADC reliance on bot lane are always a problem, so too can this be a problem. If Riot introduced a patch and cut all damage in the game by 75%, it still would make these items boring.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0sc9TjnJ,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-12-30T21:53:55.415+0000) > > Yeah, not really. > > As I wanted to point out in the OP, these problems will persist regardless of meta and will always be a thing until a change is made. They transcend damage, durability, meta and the like: It's a problem with the game itself. In much the same way things like Flash and ADC reliance on bot lane are always a problem, so too can this be a problem. > > If Riot introduced a patch and cut all damage in the game by 75%, it still would make these items boring. There are plenty of tank items that have interesting actives, and decreasing the amount of damage in the game would likely give tanks more freedom to build such items.
: Huge Problem with Tanks: Mid-tier items feel awful.
Just decrease damage in the game, then make item adjustments if needed. Literally any other move riot makes besides nerfing damage is a wasted action.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xPakRpBh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-29T14:16:57.178+0000) > > Riot Blastoise has been trolling zed mains for funsies for a few weeks now on twitter, one twitch stream a few days ago, and the boards/reddit > > > so they're hinting a rework in which zed is a female with more mobility but slightly less **average overkill** damage.. which means still 1shots but has more power budget > > One thing I can say is i feel like the man at least likes ad assassins, so if there's actually a rework coming i can't picture that zed would get a bad one Can't wait for Zed to become useless like Akali then. Before anyone even starts the only problem Akali had was her shroud being immune to tower vision and how quick she disappears. Her combo is way too slow and cooldowns too high to be a good assassin in solo queue.
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xPakRpBh,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-29T18:12:33.384+0000) > > Can't wait for Zed to become useless like Akali then. Same, but unironically.
: What has Lead to this Power Creep Meta
The problem is deeply rooted in this game, festering since the beginning of season 5. It was caused by a number of things probably, but I think it's mostly tied with riot's change in design philosophy.
: That's one hell of a mental leap. Can you try to be at least slightly consistent in your line of argumentation?
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf on Bush,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oLn4b2oL,comment-id=002c000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-27T21:05:30.515+0000) > > That's one hell of a mental leap. Can you try to be at least slightly consistent in your line of argumentation? God, you sound like a college freshman who thinks they're a genius.
SSW Talon (EUW)
: I think if you want to _beat_ assassins often then yes, it's fair that you should be picking their counters no matter how small the pool may be. You can't complain that you can't beat assassins but then when you're given a list of a few counters to them (I didn't list them all) you refute that it's unfair you can't play champs that you enjoy, I also play champs I enjoy and they shouldn't be nerfed because unflexible people complain about them when their counters are out there and most of them are not out of line. Mages are still the best mids right now. Also just playing safer can negate a lot of their kill pressure, or taking the right resistance runes to beat them (run double res runes if you're really unsure of the lane). In absolutely dire cases you can get some early res vs them (Seekers+double D Ring vs AD, Null-Magic/Nega vs AP. Sell the Nega later.) I understand how frustrating assassins are because their playpattern is to make it impossible for a carry to play but they are also a necessary evil.
> [{quoted}](name=SSW Talon,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ht4Qy3Mt,comment-id=0015000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-27T05:18:38.236+0000) > > I think if you want to _beat_ assassins often then yes, it's fair that you should be picking their counters no matter how small the pool may be. You can't complain that you can't beat assassins but then when you're given a list of a few counters to them (I didn't list them all) you refute that it's unfair you can't play champs that you enjoy, I also play champs I enjoy and they shouldn't be nerfed because unflexible people complain about them when their counters are out there and most of them are not out of line. Mages are still the best mids right now. > > Also just playing safer can negate a lot of their kill pressure, or taking the right resistance runes to beat them (run double res runes if you're really unsure of the lane). In absolutely dire cases you can get some early res vs them (Seekers+double D Ring vs AD, Null-Magic/Nega vs AP. Sell the Nega later.) > > I understand how frustrating assassins are because their playpattern is to make it impossible for a carry to play but they are also a necessary evil. You're blinded by the meta favoring your playstyle. I've been able to play the same pool of ten champs for 4+ years, I'm not going to fucking stop now because riot wants to cater to the new oneshot design philosophy. Finally: it's not about balance. Most assassins are extremely obnoxious to play against at every stage of the game. I will still shit on a zed half the time, but having 2+ assassins every game ruins the experience for me and my team.
: Or...the live design team has no idea what to do to fix it. Take Yasuo and his current situation. The champ is barely afloat due to Conqueror making his kit strong.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oLn4b2oL,comment-id=00170000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T18:19:39.461+0000) > > Or...the live design team has no idea what to do to fix it. Take Yasuo and his current situation. The champ is barely afloat due to Conqueror making his kit strong. Are you seriously not seeing the connection here?
: The design in Jag's case was "bad" because it resembled nothing like the original Aatrox but the name. They did say that this was to open Aatrox up to more players than cater to a small community. They were making a sacrifice. Disciplining CertantlyT makes no sense when the balance of the champ is OUT OF HIS HANDS. I mentioned it before, but the creators have no say in the balance, the live design and balance teams do.
> [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oLn4b2oL,comment-id=001700000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T18:02:02.814+0000) > > The design in Jag's case was "bad" because it resembled nothing like the original Aatrox but the name. They did say that this was to open Aatrox up to more players than cater to a small community. They were making a sacrifice. > > Disciplining CertantlyT makes no sense when the balance of the champ is OUT OF HIS HANDS. I mentioned it before, but the creators have no say in the balance, the live design and balance teams do. The problem is that he is creating champs that historically can't be balanced, combined with being extremely frustrating to play against. It doesn't matter if he doesn't get a say in the balance, because the design was completely fucked from the start.
: I think it is baiscally official that the Akali rework is an unfixable failure.
Whats the point of even complaining anymore? Riot has stopped listening to the community for a long, long time.
Yokkers (NA)
: I used to play league to relax a bit... now its more frustrating then anything else in my life....
SSW Talon (EUW)
: You can also play Zilean, Lulu mid, Karma mid, Veigar into some assassins (ones without blinks, his cage interrupts dashes), Cassio vs many assassins thanks to her grounded, Anivia vs a fair number of them as well due to how well she bullies melee + she is quite hard to assassinate, Lux vs a fair number of them, most notably Ekko, Vlad, and I guess Swain does okay vs some assassins, too. Unfortunately outside of Zilean, you aren't going to find a blanket counter to every single assassin. You aren't exhausted for options vs assassins as a mage player, if you don't want to use any of the options available to you, that's your prerogative but assassins require a fair amount of strategy and macro to play at a remotely decent level and most of them can be outplayed.
> [{quoted}](name=SSW Talon,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ht4Qy3Mt,comment-id=00150001,timestamp=2018-12-23T04:01:31.618+0000) > > You can also play Zilean, Lulu mid, Karma mid, Veigar into some assassins (ones without blinks, his cage interrupts dashes), Cassio vs many assassins thanks to her grounded, Anivia vs a fair number of them as well due to how well she bullies melee + she is quite hard to assassinate, Lux vs a fair number of them, most notably Ekko, Vlad, and I guess Swain does okay vs some assassins, too. Unfortunately outside of Zilean, you aren't going to find a blanket counter to every single assassin. > > You aren't exhausted for options vs assassins as a mage player, if you don't want to use any of the options available to you, that's your prerogative but assassins require a fair amount of strategy and macro to play at a remotely decent level and most of them can be outplayed. Look, I understand you like to play assassins. If you think being forced to play your small pool of (mostly support) champions is fair, I don't know what to tell you. I just want to play champions I enjoy playing, without being countered every single game.
: We're going full circle
(The league boards aren't one person)
Kynami (NA)
: {{champion:103}} {{champion:127}} There are some mages that are playable into assassins... I enjoy both of them to be honest.
> [{quoted}](name=Kynami,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ht4Qy3Mt,comment-id=00150000,timestamp=2018-12-22T22:07:58.315+0000) > > {{champion:103}} {{champion:127}} There are some mages that are playable into assassins... I enjoy both of them to be honest. True, but I don't enjoy playing either of those. As far as mid laners go, they play pretty different than your typical mage.
: Riot officially admits the meta is damage heavy
I honestly just want a single macth without an assassin. As a mage player, this game has become almost unplayable. There's no strategy, outplay potential, or macro play. Its just 1 assassin gets ahead and stomps the entire enemy team, every fucking time.
: You have Meddler post his insights every day he's in office. You're not entitled to getting dev responses at all. They don't need to give a damn what the silvers on the boards think.
> [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tMu89swX,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-12-21T18:21:57.086+0000) > > insights Has he mentioned the insane amount of damage, even once?
: They already don't give a damn, long as it keeps making money. The idea is that, perhaps, this would give us a way to enjoy Runeterra again.
> [{quoted}](name=Ainz Ooal Gainz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Awn7ddhj,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2018-12-21T02:13:09.900+0000) > > They already don't give a damn, long as it keeps making money. The idea is that, perhaps, this would give us a way to enjoy Runeterra again. The fact that this original post is coming from a moderator... makes me think that's not the original intention. You're putting words in their mouth.
: I can't say I've ever had my shield come up just in time to save me from ignite.
> [{quoted}](name=Raymønd Åmantius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AQdtf25m,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-21T00:43:44.638+0000) > > I can't say I've ever had my shield come up just in time to save me from ignite. I see it happen nearly every game he's in.
: Riot, I think it's time to move on. Or should I say, move forward.
Yeah, give them another reason to completely ignore the state of their original game.
Show more

Boiled Triangles

Level 77 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion