Rioter Comments
: yuumi is the new definition of braindead champ
They already gutted her passive, nerfed her Q damage, nerfed her W scaling, nerfed her R damage (which was already weak to begin with) all she has is her E that she has to build charges for. If you want to complain that she is braindead than direct your anger at the balance team for gutting her passive and removing any reason she would have to detach from her ally.
: Yuumi needs her heal spam taken away
Seriously?? They’ve already gutted her passive, nerfed her Q damage, nerfed her W scaling, nerfed her R damage (which was already pitifully weak to begin with) and now you want them to nerf the only thing she has left? Just come out and say you want them to delete Yuumi because nerfing her E at this point would essentially remove her from play at any level.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Blitz has to burn his Ult and be relatively in melee range to break shields. Janna and Lulu shouldn't be within 300 feet of Blitz with R up anyway, particularly since it has the Silence on it. Regardless of the change Lulu cant Whimsy or Wild Growth to save you if shes silenced but youre rewarded for holding Eye of the Storm etc for after Blitz R. Renekton gets a lot more freedom to use it but it shuts out his self heal and burns his CC ability too so hes a lot more vulnerable after he breaks the shield - or uses the stun and cant use his W again do youre free to shield. Its going to hurt Malphite and Rumble a lot though, and Kench/Yuumi get hard countered by Blitz and Renekton now if they dont lose lane drastically. As if Yuumi stood a chance at winning a game against Blitz that wasnt AFK already.
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-07-21T22:32:01.488+0000) > > Blitz has to burn his Ult and be relatively in melee range to break shields. Janna and Lulu shouldn't be within 300 feet of Blitz with R up anyway, particularly since it has the Silence on it. Regardless of the change Lulu cant Whimsy or Wild Growth to save you if shes silenced but youre rewarded for holding Eye of the Storm etc for after Blitz R. > > Renekton gets a lot more freedom to use it but it shuts out his self heal and burns his CC ability too so hes a lot more vulnerable after he breaks the shield - or uses the stun and cant use his W again do youre free to shield. Its going to hurt Malphite and Rumble a lot though, and Kench/Yuumi get hard countered by Blitz and Renekton now if they dont lose lane drastically. > > As if Yuumi stood a chance at winning a game against Blitz that wasnt AFK already. What about champions that routinely get {{item:3190}} ? It’s literally a wasted item if the enemy team picks Blitzcrank now. Janna and Lulu may not use it but a lot of tank supports do.
: Yall understand that renekton W requires 50 fury to break shields right? It's a decision his players need to make not to mention its single target AND melee AND using it removes his empowered Q which is his main sustain ability. Also if blitzcrank pulls your shielded ADC and rekts their shield good job to them for landing that hook. OR if he flashes in to remove karma ulti then that's his play putting himself into danger in order to make the teamfight winnable. Yall actually freaking out as if every shield you use magically disapperates like cmon.
> [{quoted}](name=YNX Glaive,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-07-21T21:33:49.016+0000) > > Yall understand that renekton W requires 50 fury to break shields right? It's a decision his players need to make not to mention its single target AND melee AND using it removes his empowered Q which is his main sustain ability. Also if blitzcrank pulls your shielded ADC and rekts their shield good job to them for landing that hook. OR if he flashes in to remove karma ulti then that's his play putting himself into danger in order to make the teamfight winnable. Yall actually freaking out as if every shield you use magically disapperates like cmon. Blitzcrank R is on a <45 sec cd late game, hardly long enough to warrant negating shields in a ridiculous AoE. The R also deals some VERY hefty damage if he builds full AP. His r will delete the shield before doing any damage. His Q hitbox is wonky as hell, with me getting grabbed even when a minion was visibly infront of the path of the arm. Yes, Blitzcrank does infact make Shields disappear effortlessly, a mechanic Riot initially seemed to think was too strong on Irelia during her full update yet have now put it one of the biggest top-lane bullies AND an absolute cheese botlane. I should point out that since the patch Blitzcranks win-rate has increased by over 2%
: > [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-21T17:56:08.711+0000) > > What buffs? > > {{champion:40}} Passive only works if allies are behind her, W mana costs increased and damage decreased, shield decays over time. > > {{champion:117}} Q damage normalized, only one target takes extra damage, shield duration reduced to 2.5 seconds, W Cooldowns increased early, scaling nerfed numerous times > > {{champion:16}} W and E damage gutted. THEY DID BUFF HER W, huzzah! Now let’s add more buffs to grievous wounds! > > {{champion:350}} Passive gutted, Q damage nerfed, W scaling nerfed, R damage nerfed. VERY minor buff to her E. She’s literally got no reason to detach from her ally now. > > {{champion:44}} Q healing nerfed repeatedly > > {{champion:37}} I’ve lost count of the number of nerfs she has received. > > {{champion:25}} Q damage nerfed, W damage repeatedly nerfed, E shield strength nerfed. 5% MS WHEN CHANNELING R! Christmas has come early! > > {{champion:223}} Where do i even start... > > See a pattern? Support champs aren’t allowed to do damage, have had their identities nerfed repeatedly or stripped entirely, while “edgelord” champs have their damage buffed when they don’t need it, compensation buffs where they aren’t warranted, and the general feeling that the game is turning into “go big damage or go home” > > By the way, Lux just had her W gutted but not her damage. She hasn’t changed at all except that now her W is the last thing to max. Lux has and always will be a mage first and support second, hence why her support aspect just got nerfed. I see a pattern that making your adc immortal is OP so they nerf it
> [{quoted}](name=Light deus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=000600000002,timestamp=2019-07-21T19:51:21.547+0000) > > I see a pattern that making your adc immortal is OP so they nerf it Immortal? Hardly...the entire point of Supports is to keep assassins from creaming our ADC before they can get a single AA off. It doesn’t really take much to gank botlane anymore due to the current damage in this seasons’ meta. Turrets are still doing the same amount of damage but mobility creep has made it so being under your turret is the same as being 100 yards away from your turret. Basically we cant rely on turrets anymore and now our only means of actually doing our job is being negated further by “Press X to remove shield” mechanics that are even less innovative and take less skill to use than your standard point-and-click abilities that everyone seems to hate supports having.
: > [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-07-21T17:56:08.711+0000) > > What buffs? > > {{champion:40}} Passive only works if allies are behind her, W mana costs increased and damage decreased, shield decays over time. > > {{champion:117}} Q damage normalized, only one target takes extra damage, shield duration reduced to 2.5 seconds, W Cooldowns increased early, scaling nerfed numerous times > > {{champion:16}} W and E damage gutted. THEY DID BUFF HER W, huzzah! Now let’s add more buffs to grievous wounds! > > {{champion:350}} Passive gutted, Q damage nerfed, W scaling nerfed, R damage nerfed. VERY minor buff to her E. She’s literally got no reason to detach from her ally now. > > {{champion:44}} Q healing nerfed repeatedly > > {{champion:37}} I’ve lost count of the number of nerfs she has received. > > {{champion:25}} Q damage nerfed, W damage repeatedly nerfed, E shield strength nerfed. 5% MS WHEN CHANNELING R! Christmas has come early! > > {{champion:223}} Where do i even start... > > See a pattern? Support champs aren’t allowed to do damage, have had their identities nerfed repeatedly or stripped entirely, while “edgelord” champs have their damage buffed when they don’t need it, compensation buffs where they aren’t warranted, and the general feeling that the game is turning into “go big damage or go home” > > By the way, Lux just had her W gutted but not her damage. She hasn’t changed at all except that now her W is the last thing to max. Lux has and always will be a mage first and support second, hence why her support aspect just got nerfed. I agree with the majority, but you do realise Morg's R Movement Speed Bonus scales up to 55% by rank 3?
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T18:51:39.038+0000) > > I agree with the majority, but you do realise Morg's R Movement Speed Bonus scales up to 55% by rank 3? How many games actually reach that point though? Many games end in under 25 minutes so hitting that important level 16 requires the game to stall, which is hard to do in the current meta.
: Well I felt that the need was there. You are not the one to state whether there was a need or there wasn't. The comment was my personal reflection on the matter. It wasn't just argument, it was an idiotic argument, therefore I said "idiotic" as a description in front of it. You can't censor people because you don't like word "idiotic". Free speech is a free speech.
> [{quoted}](name=Citizen Kayn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=TeAqEdjt,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T17:57:30.535+0000) > > Well I felt that the need was there. You are not the one to state whether there was a need or there wasn't. The comment was my personal reflection on the matter. > > It wasn't just argument, it was an idiotic argument, therefore I said "idiotic" as a description in front of it. You can't censor people because you don't like word "idiotic". Free speech is a free speech. You’re right, you do have free speech. You also have the right to have your posts removed for violating the rules that are in place.
: or maybe this allows them to actually buff the good parts of for example janna's kit instead of the shieldbot part. honestly you talk about support as if it should be limited to the enchanters, as if they're the only REAL supports. In truth support isn't a class in this game, it's just a position on the map. Mages have gone there for ages, enchanters are literally just mages tbh. Both guardian and Vanguard subclasses of tanks have gone there for ages. what gives you the right to call yourself a support when playing things like {{champion:16}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:40}} but not me because i like {{champion:111}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:555}}? Then the drivel about edgy champs. So what do you want? riot to pander to your uwu class? do some of these really go over the top with edge? yes sure when i play {{champion:141}} i rush rhaast just to get rid of him, is {{champion:157}} as lame as a dubbed anime protag? yeah. but this is a pg 13 game, did you expect pyke to go full mortal kombat on someone's ass? There's plenty of other champs that can go support that cater to a pletora of archetypes wether they be edgy or cutsie or anything aside from those. honestly kinda funny how you bitch about edgelords while sounding like one multiple times. stating this is purely to please riven mains is silly too. If her counters get buffed that's still a nerf to riven. Riot also talked about exploring shieldbreaking more quite a while ago, noone liked the shieldbot meta.
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=88XWMN9F,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-21T17:04:22.902+0000) > > or maybe this allows them to actually buff the good parts of for example janna's kit instead of the shieldbot part. > > honestly you talk about support as if it should be limited to the enchanters, as if they're the only REAL supports. In truth support isn't a class in this game, it's just a position on the map. Mages have gone there for ages, enchanters are literally just mages tbh. Both guardian and Vanguard subclasses of tanks have gone there for ages. > what gives you the right to call yourself a support when playing things like {{champion:16}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:40}} but not me because i like {{champion:111}} {{champion:99}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:555}}? > > > Then the drivel about edgy champs. So what do you want? riot to pander to your uwu class? do some of these really go over the top with edge? yes sure when i play {{champion:141}} i rush rhaast just to get rid of him, is {{champion:157}} as lame as a dubbed anime protag? yeah. but this is a pg 13 game, did you expect pyke to go full mortal kombat on someone's ass? > There's plenty of other champs that can go support that cater to a pletora of archetypes wether they be edgy or cutsie or anything aside from those. > honestly kinda funny how you bitch about edgelords while sounding like one multiple times. > > > stating this is purely to please riven mains is silly too. If her counters get buffed that's still a nerf to riven. Riot also talked about exploring shieldbreaking more quite a while ago, noone liked the shieldbot meta. What buffs? {{champion:40}} Passive only works if allies are behind her, W mana costs increased and damage decreased, shield decays over time. {{champion:117}} Q damage normalized, only one target takes extra damage, shield duration reduced to 2.5 seconds, W Cooldowns increased early, scaling nerfed numerous times {{champion:16}} W and E damage gutted. THEY DID BUFF HER W, huzzah! Now let’s add more buffs to grievous wounds! {{champion:350}} Passive gutted, Q damage nerfed, W scaling nerfed, R damage nerfed. VERY minor buff to her E. She’s literally got no reason to detach from her ally now. {{champion:44}} Q healing nerfed repeatedly {{champion:37}} I’ve lost count of the number of nerfs she has received. {{champion:25}} Q damage nerfed, W damage repeatedly nerfed, E shield strength nerfed. 5% MS WHEN CHANNELING R! Christmas has come early! {{champion:223}} Where do i even start... See a pattern? Support champs aren’t allowed to do damage, have had their identities nerfed repeatedly or stripped entirely, while “edgelord” champs have their damage buffed when they don’t need it, compensation buffs where they aren’t warranted, and the general feeling that the game is turning into “go big damage or go home” By the way, Lux just had her W gutted but not her damage. She hasn’t changed at all except that now her W is the last thing to max. Lux has and always will be a mage first and support second, hence why her support aspect just got nerfed.
: All right, this can't get any more ridiculous. , I'm saying that the argument is idiotic.... that something that doesn't live, that doesn't have thoughts is idiotic... person =/= argument You cannot censor me because you don't like the fact that I don't agree with you. "That is an aggressive stance" what's even that? There is no such thing. Someone made an argument and I have stated that it is idiotic. There is no such thing as "That is an aggressive stance". Your comment to my post if for me "is an aggressive stance", you get your comment deleted. Can you see the stupidity of that sentence? Also in the previous comment the person was saying that the current system is bad and he was arguing that it is not fair. I agreed with him.
> [{quoted}](name=Citizen Kayn,realm=EUNE,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=TeAqEdjt,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-21T17:24:09.316+0000) > > All right, this can't get any more ridiculous. , > > I'm saying that the argument is idiotic.... that something that doesn't live, that doesn't have thoughts is idiotic... > > person =/= argument > > You cannot censor me because you don't like the fact that I don't agree with you. > "That is an aggressive stance" what's even that? There is no such thing. Someone made an argument and I have stated that it is idiotic. There is no such thing as "That is an aggressive stance". > > Your comment to my post if for me "is an aggressive stance", you get your comment deleted. Can you see the stupidity of that sentence? > > Also in the previous comment the person was saying that the current system is bad and he was arguing that it is not fair. I agreed with him. If you disagree with a person’s opinion you simply state as much. There is no need to use words like “idiotic” or “stupidity” when disagreeing with somebody.
: As a Season 1 players, all we can provide is perspective, Riot would be foolish to ignore advice from long term players.
> [{quoted}](name=MalignMetal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=faU3pi8w,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-07-21T17:14:19.294+0000) > > As a Season 1 players, all we can provide is perspective, Riot would be foolish to ignore advice from long term players. All I want is for Riot to quit nerfing Supports because non-support champions are abusing mechanics. At the rate things are going I cannot see a reason for anyone to play a true support outside of dropping wards.
: This comment was deleted by Periscope, anyone tell me why?
“They will just flood you with idiotic arguments” That is an aggressive stance, regardless of its authenticity. Also, what happened to the previous segment? Your post starts off as if continuing from a previous sentence.
wä ge (OCE)
: you want to know why riot doesn't listen to you guys? Look at your ranks. They should only be listening to chals. Not you guys. Get a grip, have i made complaints in the past? Yeah, do i think the game is pretty awful right now? Yea. But not because of getting bursted. Getting bursted has been a thing since s1, stop whining over No CoUnTeRpLaY and actually learn how to play the game, it's really not challenging at all, most of you guys just don't play with your monitor on
> [{quoted}](name=wä ge,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=faU3pi8w,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-07-21T12:04:52.173+0000) > > you want to know why riot doesn't listen to you guys? Look at your ranks. They should only be listening to chals. Not you guys. Get a grip, have i made complaints in the past? Yeah, do i think the game is pretty awful right now? Yea. But not because of getting bursted. Getting bursted has been a thing since s1, stop whining over No CoUnTeRpLaY and actually learn how to play the game, it's really not challenging at all, most of you guys just don't play with your monitor on Ignoring the voices that represent over 80% of the games playerbase has not and never will work out well. The ranked system itself, the thing you play to get to challenger, is a tangled mess, where dodging a game is actually considered “healthy” when champion select puts trolls on your team. As someone who has played since season 1 I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion on burst damage always being a thing. The champion pool was much smaller, there weren’t as many items with CDR, Runes were minor in their boosts, even when you fully stacked one stat in all slots. Assassins were primarily focused on AP mages such as Malzahar, LeBlanc and Kassadin, thereby gating true assassin burst behind CDR. Supports were ward carriers and nothing else, unless you chose Soraka and pulled double duty as a mana battery. Jungle wasn’t really healthy choice due to the lack of starting jg items, less income to purchase wards with if you weren’t last-hitting minions and no real benefit aside from Baron (Dragon used to grant global team gold only, around 190 I believe) Fast forward a few seasons and you have many more champions, more assassins with kits on lower cooldowns due to oversaturation of CDR items, numerous nerfs to support shield strength, shield duration, healing power, overall damage gutted for support champions, oversaturation of true damage, Dragon buffs, mobility creep, the list goes on. Now they bring in more anti-healing mechanics as well as “push X to remove shield, regardless of its strength” and you have officially entered the territory of “go big damage or you’re trolling your team.”
: does going 0/6/0 in 8 mins count as inting
My definition(s) of inting- Charging into a scrum that you are hopelessly outnumbered/outgeared in and doing it repeatedly in quick succession. - Picking a champion for a role that said champion has no business being in (aka Support Fiora, Jungle Janna, Etc, simply because you didn’t get your primary role/champion and are trying to end the game as fast as possible by creating a situation where you are playing a champion and role that was never destined to work in the best of cases.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Pyke gets far too much gold from his ultimate now
Technically Pyke is a Support/Assassin. He has the durability of a true support and the income generation of an assassin. I still agree that is a rather large amount of gold though... Inb4 Pyke mains downvote me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:58:53.931+0000) > > Shen R and Tahm Kench aside name one true support that has a shield so oppressive that you cant melt it with a single auto attack from your adc. > > True Supports are getting shafted because of champs like Tahm, Shen and Riven who have truly oppressive shields that don’t require them to burn a primary resource. Enchanter supports are all but dead in the water yet they are continuously being hit with nerfs. Have you ever fought a guardian lux? I know she's not a "true support" as you call them, but it's pretty aids nonetheless. Karma shields are prettyyyy thick. And besides, it's not all about supports, as shielding isn't a mechanic unique to supports. Even if there are instances of something alone in a void not being cancer, that doesn't mean it should have no actual counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T21:22:42.653+0000) > > Have you ever fought a guardian lux? I know she's not a "true support" as you call them, but it's pretty aids nonetheless. Karma shields are prettyyyy thick. And besides, it's not all about supports, as shielding isn't a mechanic unique to supports. Even if there are instances of something alone in a void not being cancer, that doesn't mean it should have no actual counterplay. At least you understand that Lux and Karma are not true Supports. Yes I have played against Lux Supports of every type and that is why I usually ban her in champ select. It’s not that I can’t dodge her abilities but because her shielding capabilities are far stronger than supports like Lulu, who had her shield nerfed into oblivion awhile back. Lulu actually has a lower WR than Ashe Support...that should tell you something...
: > [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:52:47.704+0000) > > Back when Ardent Censer was a mandatory first purchase I could see the reasoning behind shields being too powerful. The current state of League has assassins and junglers juggling turret aggro and making shields about as significant as a bandaid on a broken leg. > > The only support I feel is currently overturned in terms of shields would be Rakan, simply because of how insanely high he scales with AP on practically his entire kit. Shields are still very powerful, mostly because of how easily it's stacked on a VIP player. With the exception of shields, people can build against any other form of defense. Armor? Lethality and Armor reduction. MR? Magic Pen. HP? % Hp damage (both max and current) Shield? % Hp damage wont really get through it fast enough especially since it scales with the HP, not the HP +shield. Only choice right now is to wait it out or try to burn through it. Burning through it means that the shield is 100% effective and might as well be a pre-heal for that amount. Waiting it out might as well make the shield a Taric ult for that duration. While the opponent might pick the best of the two options, either option makes shields an extremely powerful defensive tool that can be thrown on a squishy character at a moment's notice. Giving some select abilities the capability to shut down shields would mean that shield comps would have a better counter. I wish they would throw it on different champions instead of Renekton but that's a different argument.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T21:04:13.923+0000) > > Shields are still very powerful, mostly because of how easily it's stacked on a VIP player. > > With the exception of shields, people can build against any other form of defense. > > Armor? Lethality and Armor reduction. > MR? Magic Pen. > HP? % Hp damage (both max and current) > > Shield? % Hp damage wont really get through it fast enough especially since it scales with the HP, not the HP +shield. Only choice right now is to wait it out or try to burn through it. > > Burning through it means that the shield is 100% effective and might as well be a pre-heal for that amount. Waiting it out might as well make the shield a Taric ult for that duration. While the opponent might pick the best of the two options, either opion makes shields an extremely powerful defensive tool that can be thrown on a squishy character at a moment's notice. > > Giving some select abilities the capability to shut down shields would mean that shield comps would have a better counter. I wish they would throw it on different champions other than Renekton but that's a different argument. I understand your logic but let’s not forget that shields are also used to protect your ally if they get caught out of position or, in the case of Blitzcrank, grabbed by him. What happens now is that your adc gets grabbed and instantly dies due to his R making your valiant effort to save them an absolutely wasted effort.
: Because despite what people say, shields do NOT have counterplay before this patch. And no, damage doesn't count. That's like saying that waiting is the counter to cc, because if you wait long enough it'll go away. There was no counterplay to one guy getting a GIANT shield and being impossible to damage.
> [{quoted}](name=ThatShinyPiplup,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:57:02.688+0000) > > Because despite what people say, shields do NOT have counterplay before this patch. And no, damage doesn't count. That's like saying that waiting is the counter to cc, because if you wait long enough it'll go away. There was no counterplay to one guy getting a GIANT shield and being impossible to damage. Shen R and Tahm Kench aside name one true support that has a shield so oppressive that you cant melt it with a single auto attack from your adc. True Supports are getting shafted because of champs like Tahm, Shen and Riven who have truly oppressive shields that don’t require them to burn a primary resource. Enchanter supports are all but dead in the water yet they are continuously being hit with nerfs.
: Why is Jhin's favorite number 4?
You, sir/madam, do NOT lack imagination.
: > [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:39:13.644+0000) > > I guess buffing true damage didn’t work so now they introduce mechanics that just delete shields as if they never existed... I see shields being an issue (or a boon depending on which side of the sword you're on) with squishy champions that are gaining the benefits of sudden (but temporary) tanky-ness. It being temporary is suppose to be the disadvantage to shields but that disadvantage never really comes into play when you throw it on a champion that will murder 1-2 champions during the duration of the shield.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:46:00.092+0000) > > I see shields being an issue (or a boon depending on which side of the sword you're on) with squishy champions that are gaining the benefits of sudden (but temporary) tanky-ness. > > It being temporary is suppose to be the disadvantage to shields but that disadvantage never really comes into play when you throw it on a champion that will murder 1-2 champions during the duration of the shield. Back when Ardent Censer was a mandatory first purchase I could see the reasoning behind shields being too powerful. The current state of League has assassins and junglers juggling turret aggro and making shields about as significant as a bandaid on a broken leg. The only support I feel is currently overturned in terms of shields would be Rakan, simply because of how insanely high he scales with AP on practically his entire kit.
: You think Riot has designed some algorithm to keep certain players in a certain ELO? http://seethrumag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/BUT-WHY-meme-45000.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Elite4Runner,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=hpMW2ppE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:39:01.042+0000) > > You think Riot has designed some algorithm to keep certain players in a certain ELO? > > http://seethrumag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/BUT-WHY-meme-45000.jpg Because it’s boring at work right now and I need popcorn material during the downtime.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: Neither true damage nor conqueror are any more effective against shields as they are against un-shielded hp bars. At best they can be considered things that are good against Armor and MR. Straight HP gain is what true damage is worst against (as far as resistance stats go), which is what a shield is. Temporary HP.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ngaXtuev,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:37:17.645+0000) > > Neither true damage nor conqueror are any more effective against shields as they are against un-shielded hp bars. At best they can be considered things that are good against Armor and MR. > > Straight HP gain is what true damage is worst against (as far as resistance stats go), which is what a shield is. Temporary HP. I guess buffing true damage didn’t work so now they introduce mechanics that just delete shields as if they never existed...
Pika Fox (NA)
: These matchmaking conspiracies just do. Not. Exist. Stop it.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=hpMW2ppE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-19T20:34:10.537+0000) > > These matchmaking conspiracies just do. Not. Exist. > > Stop it. Just throwing it out there. I don’t play ranked because I know I’m at the mercy of four other players.
Rioter Comments
: TL;DR: if mage have big shield it balanced. I miss the pink ward wars.
> [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OKjycw7R,comment-id=000300020000,timestamp=2019-07-19T18:11:21.690+0000) > > TL;DR: if mage have big shield it balanced. > > I miss the pink ward wars. I feel like the support role in general is slowly being converted into what it once was during season 1, except now everyone starts off with a ward trinket. My apologies for the wall of text.
Antenora (EUW)
: Personally I feel this game needs MORE shield breaking mechanics not less. https://streamable.com/nzzlt Sure I was 2 levels down but thats a stupid amount of shielding for a 1/6 Orianna... Renekton and Blitzcrank may not have been the best candidates for such a mechanic but the mechanic overall is a healthy addition to the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OKjycw7R,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-19T14:12:02.141+0000) > > Personally I feel this game needs MORE shield breaking mechanics not less. > > > https://streamable.com/nzzlt > > Sure I was 2 levels down but thats a stupid amount of shielding for a 1/6 Orianna... > > Renekton and Blitzcrank may not have been the best candidates for such a mechanic but the mechanic overall is a healthy addition to the game. You cannot claim that shield-breaking mechanics are needed in mass quantity when your example is a mage using a shield in their kit. Mages are going to scale much higher with AP than true Supports because AP is their identity, Supports can get by without investing fully in AP in exchange for more utility at the cost of boosting their primary stats. What I’m trying to say is adding more shield-breaking mechanics will not deter people from playing Orianna, since she is not played for her shielding capabilities for the most part. What it WILL do is further alienate true support champions and give even less incentive than there already is to actually play them. There are already so many counters to Supports and they have been nerfed in a large majority of patches. Some supports are barely making do while others have had their kits butchered to the point that they migrate to another lane or fade into obscurity. Yuumi has already had her passive gutted and post-release buffs practically shredded due to professional play, which is something League should NEVER be balanced around. In the end I understand my opinion means very little to Riot and their visions of the game but, as someone who remembers playing support when two of our inventory slots were devoted to green and pink wards, I get the impression more anti-support-mechanics are just going to make true Supports a troll pick exclusively while the main culprits behind shield and healing problems will go by unnoticed.
: Xerath Support is grievously oppressive and anti fun to play against + Balance in general
Knowing Riot they will remove the bonus damage Spellthiefs Edge gives and, just so true Supports don’t catch a break, nerf the gold generated. Riot never balances mage supports without somehow screwing over actual supports in the process.
Lapis (OCE)
: Bop and Block nerfs, this is how you get AFK Yuumis
Soooo literally no reason to even play Yuumi anymore? No mana from B&B + shield values nerfed early = another useless enchanter Support. GJ Riot! Glad to see you hold Supports in such high regard.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kirika,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KgyviZTm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-09T11:00:38.725+0000) > > R.I.P {{champion:40}} {{champion:117}} Its just hilarious how much Riot hates his supports (except {{champion:555}} ) sona gets nerfed, leona gets nerfed to the ground and all shield supports wether its just for defense or for further strengthening a carry get nerfed indirectly. Again by the way. Shielding needed counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=Antenora,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KgyviZTm,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-07-09T11:40:46.647+0000) > > Shielding needed counterplay. *Press R to delete shield* Where is the counterplay to that?
: TFT changes on the PBE, yet no double-item stacking changes? Hello? 2X SHOJINS PYKE?
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=hak1QlNv,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-03T23:29:08.085+0000) > > RIOT? FIX THIS? MAYBE? HELLO? Double Shojins Sol is also rather disgusting.
: I'm reinstalling the game again and not logging in this time till it finishes patching.
> [{quoted}](name=Onewingedhorror,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=6XuZVMuN,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-03T19:21:21.363+0000) > > I'm reinstalling the game again and not logging in this time till it finishes patching. If that doesn’t work try restarting your PC and, if necessary, run a system scan on your C drive. When it happened last night I ended up having to repair my C Drive, which honestly scares the hell out of me.
Zephary (NA)
: [CRASH] Dump file on crash
I had a similar issue happen when my game ended last night. The game ended at the Carousal and my pc froze on the victory screen. When I restarted my pc I was getting continuous bugsplat messages and couldn’t even load the client. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling to fix the problem. It may be related to the carousal and having the game end there that is causing the issue.
: Dont change TfT
All I will say is Kayle should not be allowed to cast invulnerability as often as she does in tft
: Riot: Irelia was too strong with her being able to do bonus damage to shields at max stacks, so we removed it *adds instant shield breaking mechanics to {{champion:53}} and {{champion:58}} * {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=Blue Moon Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KMEBQgVE,comment-id=002f,timestamp=2019-07-02T15:40:17.919+0000) > > Riot: Irelia was too strong with her being able to do bonus damage to shields at max stacks, so we removed it > *adds instant shield breaking mechanics to {{champion:53}} and {{champion:58}} * > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Ikr?! Since Blitz is played Support we need to balance it out though... Let’s make his W root him!
: I'm more concerned with what kind of affect these changes will have on enchanter supports who are already not top tier in solo queue and who have already had multiple nerfs to their items and shields and heals... For that matter, they're adding a shield breaking ability after giving ADCs a viable self shield from PD. Why nerf something that hasn't been problematic? Why punish bot lane champions when they aren't causing any issues?
> [{quoted}](name=OtterlyLost,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2I0o0oIB,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-02T16:07:54.387+0000) > > I'm more concerned with what kind of affect these changes will have on enchanter supports who are already not top tier in solo queue and who have already had multiple nerfs to their items and shields and heals... > > For that matter, they're adding a shield breaking ability after giving ADCs a viable self shield from PD. Why nerf something that hasn't been problematic? > > Why punish bot lane champions when they aren't causing any issues? True Supports in general are close to being completely useless in the current meta. Any damage we shield can be burned through in 1 AA, our utility has been hit with decay mechanics that make them useful only at the start of the effect, our AP scaling has been effectively nullified across the board and, when an enchanter came around that did scale incredibly well with AP, it’s a champion that has absolutely no self-preservation in their kit save for an attach mechanic that is about as reliable to use in a teamfight as trying to destroy a turret without letting the minions get to it first. I would not be suprised at all if the support role is relegated to the infamous “inting” category. Simply picking a true support will be frowned upon and get you reported.
: Why can't he? I have friends with multiple monitors. I'm sure he'll have plenty of death timers to make a 2 sentence post.
> [{quoted}](name=TiltaryClinton,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zKEhFrrb,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-02T15:06:14.156+0000) > > Why can't he? I have friends with multiple monitors. I'm sure he'll have plenty of death timers to make a 2 sentence post. That’s good and all but why distract yourself further when you’re in a game that already has you at a disadvantage? I would like to think even more effort would be put in to try and overcome that disadvantage. More power to them if they have the capacity to multi-task in such a way, I simply feel like it’s effort that could be spent trying to win the game.
: Nice riot
> [{quoted}](name=Soul Dealer,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zKEhFrrb,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-02T14:57:39.496+0000) > > Currently in a game I cannot dodge because it’s my promos and my support picks teemo and says “bot can 2v1 I’m gonna support mid”. Well all told him not to but he is doing it. I absolutely hate that I have to get held hostage and can’t dodge a game where this is happening because it will lose me my promos. Why are you posting on the boards while in an active game?
: Huh. And how is that happening? Like just someone misplaced a decimal or...?
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nWX85Fwm,comment-id=000000010001,timestamp=2019-07-02T14:54:56.297+0000) > > Huh. And how is that happening? Like just someone misplaced a decimal or...? I honestly don’t know, though it is a bit hilarious watching a champion with a stick destroying armored turrets so effortlessly.
: You gonna elaborate on this bug? Maybe give a time it popped up? If it happened yesterday no shit they haven't fixed it yet.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=nWX85Fwm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-02T14:49:18.124+0000) > > You gonna elaborate on this bug? Maybe give a time it popped up? > > If it happened yesterday no shit they haven't fixed it yet. On the PBE there is a bug in Wukong’s Q that is allowing him to one-shot enemies and towers with no items.
: Who the fuck are you talking about?
> [{quoted}](name=CarpeConundrum,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pvHqcJPw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-02T14:26:53.586+0000) > > Who the fuck are you talking about? Akali, it looks like.
Rioter Comments
: Rift Rivals not part of the LCS Pass Missions?
That sucks... o well, thanks for the speedy response
Rioter Comments
: nightblue3 picked mundo with *conqueror*
Nothing new, bots have been doing this for ages. {{summoner:1}} {{summoner:11}}
tasoskid (EUNE)
: [EUNE] Pyke E has no damage
Not a big, was a patch change to counter Pyle solo mid
: PD already needs a nerf
: Assasins can't function late game because the board is too small
Oh, if assassins are having issues you can bet Riot will fix it with all due haste. Those big plays need to happen after all.
: R.I.P. Etika (EtikaWorldNetwork)
This is truly devastating news as he was one of the few YouTube personalities I regularly followed. Tragic end to a life cut far too short... RIP Etika..
Rockman (NA)
: is anybody excited to play Qiyana
As long as it isn’t a support champion it should be (relatively) safe to assume it wont get gutted.
: Controversial Opinion - Less Damage on Supports
> [{quoted}](name=FederationFurry,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j3OwhOzZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-25T09:32:37.576+0000) > > I main {{champion:43}}, {{champion:26}} and {{champion:16}} and I've noticed that these champions do not need the massive amounts of damage that they have. They are supposed to be enchanters, to operate supporting their other teammates but why would you do that when their poke is so crazy powerful? > > They are not the only "supports" guilty of this, just about every support can now do assassin levels of damage and it completely undermines the trade off of the role which is supposed to be; > > - Less damage then solo champions > - More utility and ability to help allies during a teamfight > > Otherwise these champions just come off as subpar burst mages with limited mobility. I do not understand why Riot are so insistent of getting rid of trade-offs. It is not fun when champions can do everything, trading nothing for utility, mobility or massive damage. It makes the game dull and uninspired. > > There do not seem to be clear trade offs in the game anymore and its rather worrying. I find it strange that you claim to main Karma and Zilean yet don’t realize they are categorized as Mages. They just happen to fit into a support role due to certain aspects of their kit. Have you recently played Soraka? Her damage output was practically gutted and she is now just a healbot. “Just about every support does assassin levels of damage” How? I main support and the only time I do assassin-tier damage is if I go waaaay off-meta from what a Support is supposed to go. Speaking of trade offs, many enchanter supports lack toughness and, if focused, Will disintegrate faster than a piece of paper in a shredding machine. Their low damage and fragile defenses are, supposedly, offset by the utility of their kits (though I don’t think a majority of the supports are currently in a good place due to their kits being weakened repeatedly with nothing in the way of compensation) “Otherwise these champions just come off as subpar burst mages” is intriguing because, as I stated earlier, Karma and Zilean are classified as Mages, hence why their kits have solid damage built in and the same is true of Lux. The reason you’re seeing these champions in the support role lays solely on the fact that Assassins have taken over the midlane, which was formally the backyard for Mages.
Show more

Boltonator

Level 159 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion