Madra (NA)
: They'll probably tone down champion releases once the spring split starts. They want to give the pros time to practice before the season starts.
Yes I agree he will see changes in time but why do they release champions not just this one with such buff numbers. i have to say I thought senna was at least ok besides her damage being a little high.
Dynikus (NA)
: Your description of new kits vs old kits is hilariously biased and full of hyperbole. Why not list what champions _actually_ do and are based around when describing new kits? Because being honest would completely dismantle your entire argument?
Please refer to my reply further below about champion kits.
0cool1 (NA)
: You wana complain about Kayle late game oppression, and Kaisa scaling with ap and ad super well with a stacked kit. Fine. I can respect that. Talk about zoe being unfun to play vs. and I will even give you my upvote. But you kinda derailed my sympathy when you refer to champs around the release time of Lissandra. Your talking about lucian jinx gnar braum, velkoz, lissandra, and a host of other champs. I don't think any of these champs are bad designs whatsoever (tho adc will always be a boring role to me). I agree that a lot of the newer champ's have overloaded kits, but that time period aint it. Try around Kayn and beyond. Also Lissandra isn't bad champ design, idk where you got that idea from.
He is saying that around the time after liss came out that champ design became more overloaded not that her design is bad.
KazKaz (OCE)
: Except then you realise that {{champion:67}} , {{champion:134}} and {{champion:122}} have been overloaded to oblivion and back, either directly or indirectly (or both).
Well yes these champions can be strong but there kits are relatively simple take vayne for example passive move faster towards enemies q an ability that moves your character and empowers an auto w a passive that on third hit on an enemy deals percent health e a knock away that if pushes enemy into the wall stuns them r an attack speed and attack damage buff that when you q you go invis for a short amount of time. At times this champ can be unbearably strong if buffed but that goes for other champs. Now lets look at the newest champion Aphelios 5 weapons that he can switch from or hold for 50 auto attacks or q's. Aphelios may spend his skill points to gain bonus attack damage, bonus attack speed or armor penetration. instead of leveling abilities. Calibrum the first weapon. Enemies damaged by Calibrum via an ability are marked for 4.5 seconds, revealing them for the duration. Aphelios's next basic attack against a marked target uses the current off-hand weapon and gains GLOBAL range. it also fires a bolt of energy to mark the target. each of his weapons have a passive and then a ult that changes based of the main weapon in hand. I will not list them all but this is the kind of overloaded kit present at the time. It has so much in it that reading all of it on the wiki takes a solid 15 minutes. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Aphelios in comparison to darius passive auto attacks apply hemmorage a dot effect that stacks up to five times if at five stacks darius does extra damage q if hits on the axe side heal an amount based how many enemies hit. w an auto attack reset with a slow e a pull that comes with the passive of armor pen r based on the amount of stacks of hemmorage on a champion deal x amount of damage. if champion is killed by r darius auto attacks apply a full 5 stacks of hemorage for some sort of time.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Zeyphel (NA)
: That one mistake wasn't massive, it is just that elder dragon is extremely OP. It is actually the same mistake than losing any other dragon. They miscalculated and lost the objetive. But what about the other 20 minutes they were winning so hard? Enemy team spent almost the whole game making mistakes, but hey they won 1 single objetive (which is OP). Therefore they deserve to win. '_unique_' logic
It is not the same mistake as losing any other dragon it is the mistake of losing elder. The buff gives your team an execute. The other mistakes they made did not almost cost them game like them missing elder did. Its called Risk/Reward. They risked waiting for elder and the other team was rewarded for them stalling.
Zeyphel (NA)
: Is it that difficult for you to understand? Getting Aced is due to losing elder dragon (because he is extremely OP) which is the 1 mistake they did that almost made them lose the game. He said that they were stomping enemy team, and after enemy team managed to luckily steal elder dragon, all this happened. So curios all this happened after enemy team stole elder dragon, such coincidences...
Have you ever heard the expression "Don't play with your food". They were fool hardy and yes if there gonna stall a game out when it could of already been won then yes this was there mistake. Everyone should know what the knew elder does its pretty self explanatory. For someone to say "I have never seen Elder lets wait and get it" Is inviting disaster. The enemy team used the this teams over confidence against them.
: The thing is that sure It reduces the gold but just take cs anyways. Sure its not optimal but in the long run you are still gonna get the gold. If my laners are not in mid and im playing a supp like vel or swain just clear the wave and roam if there is not a laner in the lane. The cs would be missed anyways so that's gold no one would get. Even if its reduced the gold generating item should make up for that.
or if your adc backed just last hit the minions cause again it is just lost gold and your not effecting the wave in anyway many times adc's back and then wave is under tower its best to last hit and stall the minions out if your adc is coming back.
: The Support Minion Rule Sucks When Your ADC Is Nonexistent
The thing is that sure It reduces the gold but just take cs anyways. Sure its not optimal but in the long run you are still gonna get the gold. If my laners are not in mid and im playing a supp like vel or swain just clear the wave and roam if there is not a laner in the lane. The cs would be missed anyways so that's gold no one would get. Even if its reduced the gold generating item should make up for that.
Rioter Comments
Zardo (NA)
: You don't position out of range in lane. You position out of range mid-lategame against a fed zed. In lane you have many opportunities to beat him. >Well a zed isn't stupid enough to waste his shadow while he is overextending. Ok, then he shouldn't hurt you then. If he's not using his w to trade you can just beat him up until he does. >And eventually it just comes down to how can he oneshot you under the turret. How is he oneshotting you under tower? Did he just hit his duskblade spike, with both your summoner spells down, with you having no armor, or are we exaggerating a bit here?
My thing with zed is that yes you can dodge the abilities and play safe but I feel like he is rewarded to much for landing a single electrocute proc. While rushing zhonyas does help and makes the ult ez street it feels like you have to sacrifice so much damage and mana. I think if he did a little bit less with elec and his ult didn't demand a zhonyas in the early game it would be cool.
Rioter Comments
mack9112 (NA)
: People with lower end rigs are experiencing issues
Its not just lower end rigs. I get them all the time and this thing is a machine.
Brotha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brotha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=E8fGwGwa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-14T02:43:06.235+0000) > > snip Actually don't bother, you play nothing but hyper safe mages {{champion:101}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:115}} {{champion:90}} that should never die to an assassin because {{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} {{item:3040}} exists.
I was actually willing to come back and have a full fledged conversation with you but my guy your a little too hostile for me to want to even have an opinion that isn't yours.
: No. That was the most overpowered version that gave tanks access to massive regeneration in the laning phase. That version is the reason Warmog's Heart exists which gates Warmog's full effect behind the HP threshould.
Rioter Comments
: Lmao only issue they respond too is skin related
yeah I came to see if anyone reply like you did legit and I gotta say I agree as soon as it came down to a legendary piece of crap skin they jumped right on the boards to fix it. What a load of bull.
rujitra (NA)
: I would hardly call a dozen or so threads, **all of which are complaining about issues that are not Riot caused, nor issues Riot can fix** "flooded".
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I5lGAPFN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-11T20:11:09.618+0000) > > I would hardly call a dozen or so threads, **all of which are complaining about issues that are not Riot caused, nor issues Riot can fix** "flooded". client bugs are caused by riot.
Rioter Comments
PRoxy oQ (EUNE)
: Ranked ARAM
I want ranked aram because it would be better than solo duo ranked
Rioter Comments
mack9112 (NA)
: Soooo what are your computer specs . So far everyone I have talked to on here has not even met the minimum requirements.
Ryzen 7 2nd gen nvidia rtx 2700 32 gbs of ram 500 gb ssd and a 1 tb hardrive I still get client freezes and load in issues from time to time. Its not a hardware issue its a client issue.
Rioter Comments
: As an adc, what to do when your support abandons you?
I play support these days and when your adc is behind purely just in cs or deaths, it is smart for the support to roam instead of wasting resources on a player that is behind. It is like when the jg says Im not ganking you you're behind. It is not personal and had to tell an adc the other day that its more worth for me to sit mid with the midlaner and keep him alive while you play safe and cs for solo exp in bot lane to hopefully come back into the game.
Minarde (NA)
: Ranked ARAM would be great, but [Meddler mentioned about two weeks ago](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/Hg0eMco2-quick-gameplay-thoughts-september-20?comment=001a0000) that Riot's not currently considering it. >ARAM - the large majority of players engaging with ARAM tell us they're doing so because they're looking for something lower stress, less competitive, a less negative experience with their teammates etc. We don't think a ranked queue makes sense as a result, given presence of a ranked queue changes expectations and play even in normals. Secondary issues with likely queue health being poor in lower population regions. TFT by contrast we've seen very clear desire from most TFT players for a at least somewhat competitive experience and ranked TFT gets much more play than normal TFT at this point. It'd be a more productive discussion to consider possible alternatives to ranked for the players who are interested in the competitive side of ARAM. For example, maybe Clash could have an occasional ARAM-variant once it stops crashing servers. Maybe it's leaderboards (e.g. [Top PBE TFT players](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/uU3LVE8R-tft-top-500-players-from-the-teamfight-tactics-beta-on-pbe) \), maybe it's something else.
My thing is that even though it would be ranked it would still be ARAM. Id rather play ranked aram than solo duo ranked. I get there being a game mode that isn't serious but how serious could ranked aram be. A more fun team fight oriented mode that really depends on how well you can play all champs rather than macro gameplay the summoners rift calls for.
Zarsin (NA)
: Lets get Ranked for ARAM!!
I want ranked aram so bad if it ever come I would continue to play league forever. Give us the bans and a rank. It so easy but now we get tft instead.
: Hey, Im a HotS player who recently migrated to league of legends for *various* reasons...
> [{quoted}](name=Bye Blizz UwU,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWYWz5cW,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-10-12T17:52:07.474+0000) > > Haven't been seeing the most success in my starting games, what with people leaving the match (and we aren't even given an AI that takes over control) and people being quite rude in the chat (which i generally just mute). But more importantly (in fact the ONLY thing that matters) I have not been winning very much :P > > As someone who has decent mechanics from previous MOBA game experience, what advice do you guys have to help someone out? Anything is appreciated (no memes >:C) To let you know I have been playing league for years and recently started trying other mobas such as HotS and Dota 2. Leauge does not offer the same experience or balance that those games have. I understand blizzard has messed up but trust me when I say that putting time into league is sort of a waste right now. While ultimately it comes down to how you feel, my advice would be to play those games over this. Every now and then I get in a mood to play league till I am reminded by the amount of trolls and lost games cost by one person refusing to play with the team. The amount of trolling and afk in league is what made me a guy who played on his college's team stop playing and play other mobas. Hots is way better to play than league. If you like this though I wish you the best of luck as the game is going down hill.
XYGSYS (NA)
: Does anybody like the event passes?
> [{quoted}](name=XYGSYS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6AvGnbgH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-08-08T11:10:02.861+0000) > > I don't remember exactly what post it was, but on one of the posts RIOT made about this season said they would be focusing more on community favorites. One of the "favorites" they listed was event passes. Does anybody actually like having to spend $15 and play a lot of games just to get anything from the event? I mean, for your money you get some chromas and skin shards. Doesn't seem worth it to me. I always felt like the passes were just a cash grab, and I can't imagine anybody thinking they are a good deal. > > So, do any of you guys like the event passes, and if so, why? I hate the event passes there just a money grab
: I agree the wording of this removal needed tweaking. It's a meme, certainly, and I don't believe this was intended as harassment. That said, the *removal* (which did not contain a punishment), is appropriate. As per the rules of ***Player Behavior***: >Most people who come to Player Behavior after a ban or chat restriction are frustrated, angry or upset. It is important that our responses remain positive and come from a genuine desire to help them understand what happened and why. **Replies that are overly negative, dismissive or combative are not appropriate and may be removed.** "Get gud" in this context is a dismissive reply that, while suited (and rather amusing) on a board like ***General Discussion*** is *not* equally appropriate on a board like ***Player Behavior***, which has specifically separate rules. I'll have a discussion with the moderator in question about how we convey the reasons when we remove this sort of content in the future.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAbBtNWA,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2019-08-08T15:39:01.586+0000) > > I agree the wording of this removal needed tweaking. It's a meme, certainly, and I don't believe this was intended as harassment. > > That said, the *removal* (which did not contain a punishment), is appropriate. As per the rules of ***Player Behavior***: > > "Get gud" in this context is a dismissive reply that, while suited (and rather amusing) on a board like ***General Discussion*** is *not* equally appropriate on a board like ***Player Behavior***, which has specifically separate rules. I'll have a discussion with the moderator in question about how we convey the reasons when we remove this sort of content in the future. The amount of down-votes on this is shocking, But its quite nice to see.
: Well... neither of the things you've said are true. Many fan-favorites for skin sales are champions who have persistently performed poorly. Meanwhile, there are dozens of examples of champions getting buffs immediately before or after a skin release.
Well I think they only thing that cant be true in this the favoritism of champs,(Though I wonder why some champs can be so strong and oppressive for so long but I digress) the rest is my opinion. So when I say that I think a viable champion sells more skins, it is not like I have access to those metrics. So I don't get what your getting at. I made this post to highlight the idea that people are saying buffs are for skin sales.
Rioter Comments
: Well, if they are killing Twisted Treeline, then you might (sadly) get your wish.
Heck yeah im sorry to see twisted go but i was more decimated over dominion.
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: To be honest, I'm fine with them doing this. But the fact they deny it is just sad.
Terozu (NA)
: Riot hard buffs Lux, she gets a prestige. Riot hard buffs Pyke, he gets a legendary.
I actually have said this for a while now and even had a moderator say "thats not true and you know it" But skins sell better on viable champions. Riot wants money not respect.
Rioter Comments
: you can try to abuse op champs to gain 1 or 2 ranks, but it wont help you actually improve to reach whatever rank you have in mind. here is a video that will probably lead you toward the right path https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHiSxZUqFA
While macro is very important this video will not help him as this is from before turret plating and the minion speed change. The game has been sped up tremendously and this method of macro is smart but being 0-6 like this and having no towers in the current meta has far more punishing effects. For example even though they were behind they were making good gold off cs and making good picks which helped stabilized the gold difference but now the gold difference would of been huge with turret platings. Second McBaze does create good pressure with catching side lanes but minion speed staunches macro like this as the waves will crash sooner than they did here. There are good tips in this video but imo to climb especially bronze its just going to be a sheer number of games and playing something that insta gibs the opponents.
: Voting has been disabled due to vote manipulation.
> [{quoted}](name=DaenrysTargaryen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jqZcRpHB,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-07-06T06:04:41.215+0000) > > Voting has been disabled due to vote manipulation. How does this work? Is this any different than getting someone to sign a petition? Or is it due solely to the fact he had people up vote it from his stream?
Rioter Comments
SomeKat (NA)
: as someone that has played mobas for almost 20 years, why would you want 60 minute games? every moba, not just league, thats meta stretched past 30 minutes, that I have ever played, has triple the AFKers. Triple. Think about that. Additionally, the amount of AFKers I have experienced since game time was reduced is drastically less. I'll admit, I don't like games ending at 15 often, but the sweet spot is 20 minutes, not 30, not 60.
While 60 minute games are long and sometimes can be an arduous task especially when people want to play more than 4 games a day. The problem is that now in these fast paced games. There is a lack of strategy that was present when games lasted longer. There was room for actual mistakes during this time that now cost games unlike before. I disagree with your afk statement now that games are faster people do not want to take the time to play a game out to win and would rather just dc or afk after it does not look good. When games took longer it forced people to play better as every game meant more. Now that a person can effectively play 3 games an hour they are more willing to just say ff and move on when before they were more determined to play a game out since games on usual lasted longer. Imo Longer games made for better games because people knew that they had to make a small amount of games count more than the back to back games they play these days. It forced people to play better and rather than this watered down version. Because now instead having to wait a half hour for a game to end people who rq and afk actually get to get back into a game faster. so at most if a team is not behind and can hold a 4v5 the game will end at 20 with a 3-1 ff vote. it can end at 15 if the last 4 unanimously vote for yes. This is do to the fact that because games are faster overall there is not as much comeback potential like there was in earlier seasons, Granted there is come back gold but there is no way to effectively stall a game when your team is behind or down a man. This is why there are more afk's in these faster paced season than before. Due to an afk or rq not having to wait as long for a game to end like they had to before ergo afk's and rq's are not as punished as they were before.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Boo Koo God,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vXwwNiOy,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-08T01:16:09.531+0000) > > It is fun until someone just loses you the game because the feel like it. i understand. but just report that person. and move on. its all you can do.
Yes, it is but just today this is the third time I've lost due to someone like hecarim. Im tired of it. Im not always the best player on the team but im never actively ruining the whole game for everyone.
: Listen, do you want to become diamond someday? why? whats the point? its just a rank and its just a game. Thats the way I look at it. There's really no point in being good at the game anyways or getting upset. Just have fun. :)
It is fun until someone just loses you the game because the feel like it.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Boo Koo God,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eak7Kd7P,comment-id=002a000700000000,timestamp=2019-05-07T22:17:23.737+0000) > > So my only gripe with win rate matchmaking is that if you are on a streak after the third game or so you will get a bad teammate. It seems after every three-game win streak you are given a teammate that clearly is not playing to the best of their ability or is just totally outmatched. I wouldn't care but it happens too often after a streak for it to be a coincidence. It honestly feels that if you are a player that wins more the games will only get harder as your teammates will get worse. I totally respect that it might feel that way, but in reality it just isn't true. Streaking is not a concept in matchmaking for League. Every winstreak will eventually end in a loss. People often remember losses much more clearly than they remember wins. It's just as likely that in every game you won, there was an equally outmatched player on your team, you were just able to claim victory so them being outmatched doesn't matter to you. However, when you lose, it matters a lot, so you remember it.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot MoreChrono,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eak7Kd7P,comment-id=002a0007000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-07T22:52:36.576+0000) > > I totally respect that it might feel that way, but in reality it just isn't true. Streaking is not a concept in matchmaking for League. Every winstreak will eventually end in a loss. People often remember losses much more clearly than they remember wins. It's just as likely that in every game you won, there was an equally outmatched player on your team, you were just able to claim victory so them being outmatched doesn't matter to you. However, when you lose, it matters a lot, so you remember it. I'm sorry but I don't agree with what you say at all here. This is not a matter of me remembering a loss more vividly than a win. The fact of the matter is how the game balances a high win rate player by trying to even the teams with a lower win rate player. In essence, that means good players get worse teammates over time.
: The part I think is kinda WTF is "We don't have reliable enough contact with those teams." Even if that's true, is there really not an in-place procedure for inter-department contact? Or is that reserved for the highest priority issues? I suppose they might be saying, "If I try and message someone, they'll probably just ignore me."
Same, but it goes to show that player support really is just to comfort and make players feel better instead of fixing an issue.
Show more

Boo Koo God

Level 231 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion