: Honest question; how do you beat a wombo comp?
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll try to put this stuff to use. Wish me luck.
Rioter Comments
: Some of the things Vel'Koz says
I'm really enjoying this community response; thanks for taking the time to reply to my humble thread everyone. :D
: This is the most complaining on these boards i've ever seen in my couple years of playing lol
The game right now is in the worst, most unfun state it has ever been. League of Oneshot-then-Snowball is the current name of the game and it's shit.
Girard (NA)
: He has low sustain, dodge able/punishable harass, and is fairly squishy. I personally think his base damages are too high but those are his main weaknesses
> [{quoted}](name=Girard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sjnUhi3l,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-20T01:59:01.914+0000) > > He has low sustain, dodge able/punishable harass, and is fairly squishy. I personally think his base damages are too high but those are his main weaknesses Two out of those three things aren't even true. He isn't really squishy because he gets free resists from E and usually builds a good amount of durability {{item:3001}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3116}} . Likewise his harass isn't dodgeable because he can auto minions for a bit, then walk up and hit you with empowered auto-W and clap you for a good chunk. And while that might seem punishable, that instantly puts 2 stacks on you, so if you try to turn on him and punish he throws out Q for the stun and walks off.
: Your main's ult now is global with 0 travel or channel time.
{{champion:154}} Remember those old game shows, award shows, whatever and such Nickelodeon had where they had their infamous Slime™ that they dumped on the losers (or winners)? It's like the Slime™ being dumped from the overhead bucket, but global. Still applies the knockup, obviously.
Rioter Comments
Ackelope (NA)
: I think you're extrapolating some of these a little too far. For example, just because Vel notes that humans make more noise when they're dissected doesn't mean void creatures don't have a response to pain. He isn't necessarily comparing, just making a note of a fact. Same with the inconsistent melting point. He's making a statement of fact about humans, not comparison. When he appends something to the statement like "Quite peculiar", you can presume the void is different, but many of his quotes are not necessarily trying to compare.
> [{quoted}](name=Ackelope,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gM0Rv2VM,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2017-03-20T01:43:47.510+0000) > > I think you're extrapolating some of these a little too far. For example, just because Vel notes that humans make more noise when they're dissected doesn't mean void creatures don't have a response to pain. He isn't necessarily comparing, just making a note of a fact. Same with the inconsistent melting point. He's making a statement of fact about humans, not comparison. When he appends something to the statement like "Quite peculiar", you can presume the void is different, but many of his quotes are not necessarily trying to compare. You may be right, but I think I'm doing the science noodle proud by overanalyzing everything he says.
: That implies that Void creatures follow any of our normal rules of biology. Aurelion Sol's lore suggests that the opposite is the case.
> [{quoted}](name=ZeichiVos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gM0Rv2VM,comment-id=000900000001,timestamp=2017-03-20T00:12:46.283+0000) > > That implies that Void creatures follow any of our normal rules of biology. Aurelion Sol's lore suggests that the opposite is the case. True, but again most of what we have is implications.
: There's actually a main page up for the Void on the Universe site that gives us a *little* more info.
> [{quoted}](name=Wheatloaf,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gM0Rv2VM,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-03-20T00:11:48.086+0000) > > There's actually a main page up for the Void on the Universe site that gives us a *little* more info. Oh sweet, I'll have to check that out.
Skorch (NA)
: Actually with Chos body growing rapidly, i dont think bones would be good, He has an exoskeleton.
> [{quoted}](name=Skorch,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gM0Rv2VM,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-03-19T23:33:21.796+0000) > > Actually with Chos body growing rapidly, i dont think bones would be good, He has an exoskeleton. It's the opposite. Exoskeletons can't grow. Ever. Look at any existing exoskeletal creature that grows to a notable size. Whenever a Tarantula or Giant Wood Locust (i think thats what theyre called) grows they have to molt their exoskeleton and spend the next few days naked while they grow a new one. Cho would _have_ to have an endoskeleton in order to grow the way he does. Or no skeleton at all.
Echo545 (NA)
: {{champion:161}} "I find their elbows obscene" They must not have elbows in the void. Or maybe they just dress their elbows more conservatively.
> [{quoted}](name=Echo545,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gM0Rv2VM,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-03-19T23:08:32.043+0000) > > {{champion:161}} "I find their elbows obscene" > > They must not have elbows in the void. Or maybe they just dress their elbows more conservatively. Nah, all the other Voidborn we know have elbows. That's just a tentacle-eyeball-monster thing.
Rioter Comments
Nayqua (EUW)
: Copying from Vel's story: "I open my eye wide and unleash a beam of energy, following the escaping creatures. They are instantly reduced to ash. ''Hmm. Void-native melting point is inconsistent'' I note." So your second theory is actually wrong :P
> [{quoted}](name=Nayqua,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gM0Rv2VM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-03-19T21:19:24.140+0000) > > Copying from Vel's story: > "I open my eye wide and unleash a beam of energy, following the escaping creatures. They are instantly reduced to ash. ''Hmm. Void-native melting point is inconsistent'' I note." > So your second theory is actually wrong :P Ah, cool stuff :V
Rioter Comments
: "VLAD SUCKS!! DON'T PLAY HIM!!" Vladimir got played in LCS. "VLAD OP!! GONNA PLAY HIM EVERY GAME!!"
PaSaRoIgAs (EUNE)
: Too Many Chests, No Keys!
I appreciate Rito giving us free goodies, I really do, but goddammit having 7 chests and needing to earn 3 key pieces just to open _one_ of them is annoying.
: I'm surprised with FQC...
Two months later and I still feel the active does way too much for how cheap the item is and how often it's up. Especially considering I've been given no reason to think otherwise.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: "We can't allow enchanters to solo lane because they are oppressive."
Enchanter supports are nowhere near as oppressive as {{champion:63}} "support" being able to nuke you at level 2-3 like its nothing because he doesn't need to farm and has a larger and more threatening zone of influence than {{champion:53}} with his flash ready.
: So toplane, midlane, botlane, jungle is buying ninja tabi
I'm going to be beyond upset when Riot inevitably nerf Tabi instead of the problem items and champions that lead to everyone buying them
: League of Broken
Bumping my own thread to reiterate just how sad it makes me that skill has become a _complete_ non-factor in deciding who wins a game these days.
: Break a champion without changing their numbers
{{champion:19}} W passive now applies to enemy turrets.
Rioter Comments
: NIGHTMARE FUEL
I like pugs. I do not like this.
: Is there nothing you can do once Nasus builds enough stacks on his Q?
No, there is nothing you can do. None of the things that supposedly work on him actually do. The first thing people suggest is "bully him so he can't stack." Except he can safe farm with E until he gets {{item:3024}} or {{item:3211}} and then his passive means nothing else you throw at him will stick. "Have your jungler camp him!" And then the enemy team gets every dragon and snowballs their bot. "Late game when he's 'strong' you can just kite him!" Except you can't kite someone who has a more powerful {{summoner:3}} with 100% uptime as a basic spell, who only needs to hit you once to kill you. Especially with {{summoner:6}} and Stormraider's. And if, somehow, he actually can't fight you and win... he splitpushes because he can literally oneshot towers, and you _have_ to send more than one person to stop him. Susan's stacking mechanic means that so long as he's in the game, his entire team is inherently at an advantage.
Rioter Comments
MysterQ (NA)
: Guardian Angel is Obnoxious on 3+ Players
The real problem is that most teams _have_ to buy GA on 3+ people to survive any length of time if a fight breaks out.
: It's the same cancerous champs over and over
I agree with the sentiment but a couple of champs on the list I don't agree with. Shaco was right and proper broken right after his changes... and he got hard nerfed the next patch and now I hardly see him anymore. Illaoi is stupid but nobody plays her for some reason.
Porocles (NA)
: Replays save to your documents folder, per the [replays ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/234965248-Replays-FAQ-Pro-Tips)guide, and available for the duration of that patch. You'll want to turn it into a highlight to use it after that point! C:\Users\\Documents\LeagueofLegends\Highlights I hope that helps!
> [{quoted}](name=Porocles,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=G29vGaJ9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-03T22:47:57.092+0000) > > Replays save to your documents folder, per the [replays ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/234965248-Replays-FAQ-Pro-Tips)guide, and available for the duration of that patch. You'll want to turn it into a highlight to use it after that point! > > C:\Users\\Documents\LeagueofLegends\Highlights > > I hope that helps! Thanks!
: Request for a tanky item with attack speed
  Rioter Comments
snarin (EUW)
: Fuck me in advance for being racist right now, but when you get Spanish speaking teammates in EUW, you might as well dodge on spot. Almost every single time, they chat the entire game and throw it when ahead 10k in gold. It is as if we are not playing ranked but it's merely a chatroom. So many bad memories dude.
> [{quoted}](name=snarin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y2lOw3NK,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-03-03T15:49:51.647+0000) > > Fuck me in advance for being racist right now, but when you get Spanish speaking teammates in EUW, you might as well dodge on spot. Almost every single time, they chat the entire game and throw it when ahead 10k in gold. It is as if we are not playing ranked but it's merely a chatroom. So many bad memories dude. On the NA server it's people who can only speak Chinese... until they start flaming in broken English.
: does anybody just love listening to Zac's voice
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Is urf supposed to be different than standard season 7 games?
CDR is so packed into every conceivable item right now that in URF where building CDR is pointless, it's impossible _not_ to build it.
: Honestly? The state of some champions in this game right now is disgusting
The best part is certain Champions you aren't allowed to complain about despite them being the definition of busted (coughJannacough) or you'll just get screeched into oblivion that you're shit. Not only that, but there are mechanics in the game that just shouldn't be there but they keep continuing to add; for example, generating terrain should never have been a thing... so they make Taliyah who does it harder than anyone else.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bouncemaster Zac,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f4l8tAzv,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2017-02-27T21:03:39.704+0000) > > Why is Tryndamere allowed to exist? He has no counterplay whatsoever. There's no way to beat him. It's mind-boggling that a painfully stupid post like this has upvotes. Tryndamere is almost exclusively played by very dedicated mains in high elo (which is to say, he's played by BoxerPete and Uncle Trynd and basically no one else), because the champion's kit is so fundamentally limited in what it brings that he's not a good pick. He is VERY good at what he does (dueling and splitpushing), but why play him when you could play a champion who is only a bit worse than him at those things but can do many other things, like Fiora or Yasuo?
> [{quoted}](name=PermabannedGaren,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f4l8tAzv,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2017-02-27T22:32:41.486+0000) > > It's mind-boggling that a painfully stupid post like this has upvotes. > > Tryndamere is almost exclusively played by very dedicated mains in high elo (which is to say, he's played by BoxerPete and Uncle Trynd and basically no one else), because the champion's kit is so fundamentally limited in what it brings that he's not a good pick. He is VERY good at what he does (dueling and splitpushing), but why play him when you could play a champion who is only a bit worse than him at those things but can do many other things, like Fiora or Yasuo? Trynd can only do a few things, yes, but it's impossible to _stop_ him from doing those things. If his ult is up he gets a free turret, period. And his ult is up every 40 seconds. If it's early lane phase and he just hit 6, he gets to kill you under your tower. Period. Trynd will _always_ be the one in control of both the lane and the game.
: Have Nasus been terrorizing low elo?
It's not just low elo. Nasus has no answer and never has. He _will_ get big and start 1v5ing and oneshotting towers, and there is _no_ way to prevent it. I'm hoping he gets changes at some point, but he's been like that for years and is probably going to stay uncounterable forever.
Almighty (EUNE)
: Why is Tryndamere allowed to ult while CCed?
Why is Tryndamere allowed to exist? He has no counterplay whatsoever. There's no way to beat him.
: Why does a 0/6 tank carry a teamfight ?
0/6 tanks do not carry fights at all. "Unkillable with just Sunfire." Funny joke.
: So I made a new account and I've been leveling it to 30. Holy shit, is it miserable.
Even back when I was new at the tail end of season 3 half the people I encountered were not only smurfs, but incredibly toxic. I'm new, and making newbies mistakes (like building {{item:3115}} on {{champion:22}} ) and every comment I got when I made a mistake or "built wrong" was "holy shit how _bad_ are you why would you do that?!" Not a single one of them even considered that maybe I was actually, y'know, new. My favorite though had to be when a guy playing {{champion:106}} threatened to anally rape me because I was doing poorly against, surprise, a bunch of smurfs. The system that "puts smurfs against other smurfs so newbies don't run into them" is either a lie or just doesn't work. My bet is on it being a lie.
: I don't think I've EVER felt like a Vayne outplayed me since stealth changes.
I don't think I've ever felt outplayed by a Vayne period in the 4 years I've been playing.
Oatz (NA)
: You still can't target her even with shimmer. You try to fight her, she pops R and hits Q. You're forced to sit there jacking off waiting for her to reappear since you can't reveal her. Not only that, but it's the fact that while doing that she can essentially two-three shot a squishy. It was stupidly oppressive and strong, which is why they nerfed her.
> [{quoted}](name=Oatz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=asilkz6p,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-02-17T17:57:35.480+0000) > > You still can't target her even with shimmer. > You try to fight her, she pops R and hits Q. > You're forced to sit there jacking off waiting for her to reappear since you can't reveal her. > Not only that, but it's the fact that while doing that she can essentially two-three shot a squishy. > It was stupidly oppressive and strong, which is why they nerfed her. She can still do all of that, and melt 5k hp 300 armor tanks like they were squishies too. There is no answer to Vayne.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rebonack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u78uxxkX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-02-24T17:51:54.257+0000) > > And it shouldn't have ever been core to what she is. It never should of existed. > > Lucian is already the super-mobile Marksmen. That's his whole thing, dashing around whilst gunslinging. > > The overall health of the game is *far* more important than Riot hanging onto bad mechanics. I agree - I'm so tired of the "core identities" of champions being used as an excuse for poor design and shit balancing. At some point, this game will be too overloaded with broken champions that it will collapse under its own imbalance. Don't get me wrong, I love League, but it's that love that allows me to hate what Riot is doing to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=u78uxxkX,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2017-02-24T20:10:53.338+0000) > > Don't get me wrong, I love League, but it's that love that allows me to hate what Riot is doing to it. I wanna print out this quote and hang it on my wall. It's beautiful.
NoZa2004 (NA)
: Ahri n
Her Charm isn't her issue, it's instantly taking half her lane opponent's max hp with a single cast of Q with only a {{item:3165}} and half of it is true damage.
: But what you said is a different scenario? Lol? "Had the minions worked correctly they would've won right then and there." Guess what, that didn't happen so by your words "You're literally so incapable of defending your argument you're making up completely different and irrelevant scenarios" But with just one scenario. Your post seems a little salty, might wanna get a cup of coffee and take a breather. They obviously weren't that deserving of winning considering 1 tower that they would of killed easily if they won **ONE **teamfight is why they couldn't win. And besides, even with that tower gone who's to say they would of won? Oh and at no point in this video did they kill 4/5 of the enemy team lmao
> [{quoted}](name=Monkey D Luffy,realm=OCE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=4uPHTVrq,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-25T03:58:58.115+0000) > > But what you said is a different scenario? Lol? "Had the minions worked correctly they would've won right then and there." > > Guess what, that didn't happen so by your words > > "You're literally so incapable of defending your argument you're making up completely different and irrelevant scenarios" But with just one scenario. > > > Your post seems a little salty, might wanna get a cup of coffee and take a breather. > > > > They obviously weren't that deserving of winning considering 1 tower that they would of killed easily if they won **ONE **teamfight is why they couldn't win. And besides, even with that tower gone who's to say they would of won? I'm not describing a different scenario. There is a big difference between "could have" and "should have." What happened here was 100% outside the control of any of the 10 players in the match and ended up being the largest deciding factor when it shouldn't have been a factor at all. Also again, yes, they absolutely would've won right there because there were only 2 enemies left to defend against their whole team plus the supers... except the supers broke, they couldn't take the tower, and were denied the ability to siege the nexus, which they earned. And yes, I'm very salty that not only did Riot's poor coding fail these players, but that you somehow think that's acceptable because "if you can't win despite the game being broken you don't _deserve_ it really"
: Can we stop the ARURF hate please?
I never really enjoyed URF because it's supposed to be a "fun" mode where everyone dicks around but instead everyone only picked the things that were just incredibly _unfun_ to be stuck playing against. See: AP {{champion:35}} with 100% Q uptime.
: Okay if we wanna use "had this" "had that" had the enemy team been afk the entire game they would of won. had the enemy team surrendered at 20 minutes they would of won. had they killed the entire enemy team they would of won. and no they would not have won right then and there lol it was only a singed.
> [{quoted}](name=Monkey D Luffy,realm=OCE,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=4uPHTVrq,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-25T03:09:01.443+0000) > > Okay if we wanna use "had this" "had that" > > > had the enemy team been afk the entire game they would of won. > > > had the enemy team surrendered at 20 minutes they would of won. > > > had they killed the entire enemy team they would of won. > > > and no they would not have won right then and there lol it was only a singed. You're literally so incapable of defending your argument you're making up completely different and irrelevant scenarios. I'm not suggesting "had part of the game played out differently", I'm saying "had the game _functioned the way it's supposed to_ ." There's nothing unreasonable about the point I made, but everything unreasonable about yours. And for the record, if you look closely they _did_ kill 4/5 of the enemy team. And were denied the ability to end by the bugged minions. Yes, this one, and _only_ this one thing, which should never happen under any circumstance, cost them the game.
: Or may fucking be you should try to play her, once, and realise you have to prepare a backline minion which gives the opponent plenty of time to move away.
> [{quoted}](name=Photos of Ghosts,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xvFwKPOB,comment-id=000700000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-24T19:16:22.977+0000) > > Or may fucking be you should try to play her, once, and realise you have to prepare a backline minion which gives the opponent plenty of time to move away. may-fucking-be not everyone who doesn't share your opinion "just hasn't played them uuugh". I own and have played every Champion many times, and I know what all their kits do. MF's Q does not require set-up, foresight, or any thought at all really. Minions get low on their own with no set-up required. If it's necessary to move away from your minions _every time_ a minion gets low (which it is) that means her Q is -gasp- BROKEN. Literally it isn't a measure of skill, mechanics, or planning. It's farming, and having your opponent die for free because you can last-hit. If Annie took half her lane opponents hp every time she farmed with Q the entire community would be screaming for blood, but because it's a Champion you personally like it's ok. Right?
Show more

Bouncemaster Zac

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion