: Still one of the best free to play MOBAS
Lol... you can't really say league is the best when MOBAs are, sadly, a dying genre. There's only 3 legit ones to play. DOTA, Smite and league. Anything out of that is dead, has next to no playerbase (on the verge of dying) or so poorly designed that it's still dead. Sad to say. :( I guess battlerite has some kind of following, but I consider that closer to an action game than a moba.
: Well they nerfed Conqueror and she's probably still just as popular if not more. The problem isn't just this particular rune or this particular item, although those need to be looked at too, but something more fundamental.
Yeah... they already nerfed all the top lane picks. Now Riven gets nerfed and guess what happens? Back to adcs being the best at everything again. *Sigh*. Hope they just start nerfing everything. After Riven, Renekton rises to the top of the ladder. Calling it.
Moody P (NA)
: Kayle is arguably even worse design now. Lets just leave her be
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0lwcZiUY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-08T13:27:00.670+0000) > > Kayle is arguably even worse design now. > > Lets just leave her be I'm not saying Kayle is good. I'm saying the game could become more balanced using her as a stepping stone. She still needs some love.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Imagine how useless riven would be if she had cooldowns
Give it a minute.... patch just went out and conq just got nerfed.
: I've played it for 2.5 years I can only go up to 4.5 stars cause I'm no tryhard
> [{quoted}](name=joywhodidthisjoy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eKxEq8MA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-06T03:22:39.216+0000) > > I've played it for 2.5 years > > I can only go up to 4.5 stars cause I'm no tryhard Hey, that's still pretty good. I'm struggling clearing 4 stars atm.
Dynikus (NA)
: Osu? Calming? {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eKxEq8MA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-06T02:34:14.061+0000) > > Osu? Calming? > {{sticker:sg-lux-2}} You don't find osu calming? I mean, ofc it can give you a rush if you play high lvl songs... but I'm on like 2 stars right now. Seems pretty calming too me.
Rioter Comments
cheex919 (NA)
: 1. Dont play riven in this elo, she's too.... eh (she's the champion who can win lanes but not games 2. Play a champ that can hard carry (cho, veigar, nasus, darius, garen, jax) 3. it's low elo, which means people have no map awareness and is kill hungry, pick a champ that can both split push and escape (kled, jax, irelia, twisted fate etc) 4. Tanks, tanks everywhere 5. CC, CC everywhere 6. Dont focus kills, focus CS, 2 CS waves are worth more than a kill cause it allows you to both push and get money while having HP 7. Always counter pick your enemy, thats how you win 8. duo Q, always duo Q 9. go jungle, that way you can help all lanes (but never gank a losing lane, thats a bad idea) 10. Out of meta stuff like lucian top or yasuo bot 11. vayne 12. good support jungle cause for some reason, everybody likes picking a damage carry and not be supportive 13. Pick one of the best early games crap champs and deny your enemy. (pantheon, fiora, etc) 14. if all of these doesnt work, FF or uninstall and cry like i did
1. I disagree. Riven is the epitome of a 1v9 champ. 2. Cho is eh... Darius, Garen, Jax and Nasus are definitely low elo pub stompers 3. Riven? :^) 4. Tanks are the worse way to carry in low elo 5. Most people have crap mechanics and won't chain CC you. Having CC is a plus (I guess that's what you mean) 6. I don't simply recommend learning how to CS, but learning how to manage wave is way more important. Especially for earlier levels 7. No. This is not how you win nor how you develop good practices. Unless you play this game 8+ hours a day, stick to 3-4 champs and completely master them. Playing a ton of champs will hinder your progress more than improve. 8. I feel like duoing is a very bad way to improve unless you actually understand the game knowledge wise to a high degree. I think it's better to learn first, then duo with someone equally as knowledgeable as you so you can both impact the game in your own way to climb effectively. 9. This is definitely a good way to carry games. Jungle is incredibly strong and learning early game junglers is the best way to carry yourself out of bronze. Especially since people have (as you said) terrible map awareness. 10. Not necessary. 11. Find champs you like. Vayne is very farm dependent. Early game bullies are definitely better than scaling champs in low elo. 12. I disagree. Carrying the game through early game jungling is the best way to get out. Supportive jungling doesn't work because people in low elo doesn't understand how the game works and the processes behind what it takes to close out games. 13. Yup. 14. Yup.
: Story behind your league names?
: why is Riven allowed to be so disruptive?
Riven's entire CC combo is 1.75 seconds... literally one of the shortest CCs in the game. And it has to be chained to reach that time point. It doesn't even scale like most CCs do. If we take away her CC, then she has to get compensation buffs. I mean, not like I necessarily mind. But you'll need to give a pretty compelling argument for what she gets in return. I'd be down to removing her knockup, but you'd have to make her stun last longer. I'd be down for removing her stun, but you'd have to make her burst harder. If you removed the burst, then you'd have to make her sustain harder.
: LOL YOU LISTED HER LANE COUNTERS, NOT WHO BEATS HER LEVEL 1. Holy shit. I will say Olaf works, but fucking Jarvan? Jarvan, the level 1 trade master. You put in Jarvan. And my god Renekton's insane Q plays level 1. Unless you want him to start W? Then when Riven jumps in he'll get a stun off as she then still triple Q's on him anyway if he's trying to face her level 1. Do you have _any_ idea how stupid you look right now? Like, not only are you trying to argue that the literal highest winrate champion isn't busted (she is), but you listed a bunch of champs that don't do shit to her level 1. Like, what?
All of those champs win the level 1 trade vs Riven... every single one. Some are skill match ups, but others win. If you let her full trade on you with those champs and dont retaliate the damage then that's on you. Ornn's W + auto will do as much damage as riven's triple q. Fiora's q dance around her triple q beats out her fast q combo. Jax presses E??? Garen Q's??? Camille's lvl 1 shield plus q start will end up winning the trade early. Heck, even E start and a properly time stun wins that trade. Jayce.... lol. Yasuo wins due to way shorter cool down. Udyr pub stomps... You literally said "no one beats Riven's level 1 trade". When I prove you wrong, you result to personal attacks? This argument is over kid. Actually, no it was never an argument in the first place. Glad I could inform you of all the champs that beat Riven level one. And did I say Riven wasn't strong? She is. However, she's 100% not strong level 1. Lmfao. Riven's "opness" doesn't come online until DD, BC and Shojin spike. Before that, she's still standard Riven.
: Let me guess, you're going to lead in with a bunch of ranged champions? Or is it just Darius, who can only match her punishment if you actually _are_ dense because you'd have to go directly into his melee range whereas Riven comes with 3 initial dashes? This is one of those cases where you're not going to understand shit unless you're actually playing against a high tier Riven, which you inevitably won't be.
{{champion:58}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:516}} Must be tough not knowing your matchups. Even intentionally left out Darius, just for you.
GROMMI (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brain Errör 404,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MKAyd0qx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-28T15:18:22.443+0000) > > Silver use to be the default elo. So people didnt have to climb to silver when most where automatically placed there. Now you have to start the climb from iron on new accs so it's trapping more people in their right elos. The higher elos are still a mess, though. I'm sorry, I don't remember your name in my ranked matches. What is the assumption for the higher elos being a mess?
> [{quoted}](name=GROMMI,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MKAyd0qx,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-28T15:39:35.406+0000) > > I'm sorry, I don't remember your name in my ranked matches. What is the assumption for the higher elos being a mess? Everyone knows higher elos are equally as bad. I'm talking about plat+ rn. I won't even get into Master/Challenger tier because all streamers talk about how shitty the game is. Not my fault you're excluded from watching streams.
: Except there's still on record another game where I slaughter a Riven. Not to mention that game I actually was standing away from minions not even bothering with her and things were going fine up until the Fiddle tried to gank Riven at her own turret. What you've done is missed the entire point. If I go for initial CS and level advantage, I immediately get shitstomped regardless of what melee I take. Nobody matches Riven's level 1 punishment and incidentally this tends to mean she also hits her level 2 all-in rapidly, so unless your jungler comes to assist any competent Riven will already have a CS lead and a level lead, and saying "lol wait for your jungler to help" to a top laner is like asking him to pray for water in an empty desert - if it ever _did_ happen, it'd probably end up being fuckin' salt water. There's a definite reason Riven sits at 56-57% winrates, and it's not because she's "lol walk away and you'll be fine".
"Nobody matches Riven lvl 1" and this is where we stop talking.
Terozu (NA)
: So according to op.gg Silver 4 is now in the top 60% of players.
Silver use to be the default elo. So people didnt have to climb to silver when most where automatically placed there. Now you have to start the climb from iron on new accs so it's trapping more people in their right elos. The higher elos are still a mess, though.
Moody P (NA)
: There are people with 30% winrate sitting in Masters
The new ranked season fucked up everything. There are silvers in plat. Golds who never learned the game hitting plat. Golds hitting diamond. Basically, people who grinded hard when season started basically got to a higher place than they deserve. The games are hella uneven. Junglers are literally so far apart in skill its not even funny. Laners are slightly more even, but even then it's ridiculous.
: Riven walks into lane level 1
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=TOXIC+CONTROL It always makes sense... Plays Yorick, disrespects Riven's lvl 1 when Yorick simply has a shitty level 1 regardless of who he's vs. Ah, yes.
: Nerf Riven
You can't really nerf Riven without dumpstering her. Riot's gonna have to look at this new conqueror rn.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Brain Errör 404,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dg8sT9R7,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T05:40:30.100+0000) > > You right! > > Riven giving me so much LP right now. Mhmmm, scrumptious! > > https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Brain%20Err%C3%B6r%20404 it's actually strange to see someone playing Riven and having a 25% winrate. How the absolute fuck do you not carry with this champion???
Because she's not "freelo" nor is she broken. She is on the stronger side of things, but she is just as easily abusable as any other cast on the roster.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rock MD,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dg8sT9R7,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-02-23T18:43:33.704+0000) > > Honestly you could have Riven at a 20% pickrate and I'd still think it's almost exclusively mains. > > That doesn't mean she's not broken. I think she definitely needs some sort of nerf. I just can't imagine anyone else actively wanting to play that champ. people that want lp? She's literally an artificial rank enhancer
You right! Riven giving me so much LP right now. Mhmmm, scrumptious! https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Brain%20Err%C3%B6r%20404
hoganftw (NA)
: daily reminder that hashinshin, who has never played riven in his life, won 3 high ranked elo games as a riven. This all the while being camped and behind too. Nice champion LUL
*Hashinshin plays Riven, gets carried 3 games in a row* = Riven's OP. Ah, yes. What a wonderful example of a champion being so decidedly overbearing.
: People say Darius is a counter, but in my experience, if the riven k ows how to play her well, she destroys Darius or at least can play very safe then destroy team. The opposite isn't true, Darius can't play safe if riven gets ahead because he has no mobility or Shields, can't dodge anything (other than pulling riven on q 3 to cancel, but her CDs are lower over so she can easily dash away and shield if it turns unfavorable), not to mention, if Darius gets ahead he doesn't have the tools to chase or dive her and can't snowball a lead near as well as her because he can't roam as easily or gap close without blowing flash or ghost in order to chase down weaker opponents
Darius is 100% a Riven counter. A good Darius won't lose lane to a Riven. If Riven bides her time and waits for Darius to mess up, then that's on Darius for losing the lane. Perfect Darius > perfect Riven. It's insanely hard to get in to have a good or decent trade with a Darius who has excellent spacing.
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=huhndog,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AVk0peBh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T15:21:36.605+0000) > > My issues been bot lane. They feed a double kill in the first 5 and flame me for not ganking when the enemy Lucian is 7/0. After that they just troll and keep running down mid saying in all chat "GG better jungler wins". Its infuriating My biggest issue has been mid or top lane. Seeing enemy top laner at our tier 2 top turret at 14 minutes meanwhile I'm holding it together bot lane is infuriating.
This can happen if your top lane is in a terribly bad match up and the jungler never does anything. So the only thing your top laner can do is watch because everyone's too busy "laning" and farming at that point. This game really lacks strategy, even in Plat. Teams are just clueless all around.
: Then they need to fix all these champs too: {{champion:12}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:223}} I am confusion. These are tank but no have clear armor.
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IixcFreJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-19T15:18:41.460+0000) > > Then they need to fix all these champs too: > > {{champion:12}} {{champion:32}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:54}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:111}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:223}} > > I am confusion. These are tank but no have clear armor. Wait, you're trolling... shen is all armor. Snek 100.
Rioter Comments
Cadelanne (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brain Errör 404,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=eNiWuZBW,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-16T15:13:06.031+0000) > > I'm confused why no one ever considers it a blessing going against master/challenger players in normals. It's such a nice learning experience you can take from it. Half the time, they aren't even dicks and you can ask questions. You never get a chance like that in ranks (unless it's smurfs whose just pubstomping). Chances of them actually playing their mains champs are little to none since people in that elo rarely play norms. This is litteraly bullshit. You don't learn playing with or against people 20x better than you.
I disagree. There's various ways you can actually learn by doing so. It's all up to people to take the time to realize there's a learning opportunity there. Maybe not everyone can, so I won't speak for everyone. But I'm one of those persons who learn from playing vs people better than me.
: Clearly you've never been completely washed in a fighting game by someone who is so much better than you and has so much more game knowledge that it legitimately feels like you don't even have time to breathe, let alone process what's going on and react to it. It's the same thing in league. I've played against high elo junglers in norms that were so good that they were actually moving from lane to lane in seconds. It made no sense. I was top, saw the enemy jg bot, assumed I was safe to trade, and suddenly he's already top. It's suffocating; you actually feel like you can't do anything.
"Clearly"? I actually have been on the opposite side of the spectrum. The only time you don't learn is when you're in that mindset of being too prideful to accept the fact someone is better than you. Once you put your pride aside and you watch how another person plays, basing your play style on that and putting the pieces together to fit in which is different for you, you do get a lot of insight. I've gotten better playing against people way above my skill level. It only doesn't feel like it if you consistently play vs people of the same high caliber. However, when you drop their level is when you actually find your major improvement.
floo (EUW)
: Is this necessary..
I'm confused why no one ever considers it a blessing going against master/challenger players in normals. It's such a nice learning experience you can take from it. Half the time, they aren't even dicks and you can ask questions. You never get a chance like that in ranks (unless it's smurfs whose just pubstomping). Chances of them actually playing their mains champs are little to none since people in that elo rarely play norms.
: I was like 95% sure that autofill protection for series games was already a thing. So if he was *actually* autofilled, I'd understand that invisible middle finger, cause last I knew, you did not get autofilled for promos. Still, *everyone* is *100%* sure that dodging in promos counts as a loss of your series, so it would've been better just to try and either trade someone or make the attempt anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Ysp7uQJd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-15T12:47:11.266+0000) > > I was like 95% sure that autofill protection for series games was already a thing. So if he was *actually* autofilled, I'd understand that invisible middle finger, cause last I knew, you did not get autofilled for promos. > > Still, *everyone* is *100%* sure that dodging in promos counts as a loss of your series, so it would've been better just to try and either trade someone or make the attempt anyway. It's not implemented as yet. The guy above said its to be added in 9.5. v.v
Rioter Comments
Dr Dog (NA)
: finally someone said it, in all honesty im fine with bad players if they listen and actually try hell they're usually the one getting my honor just for actually listening and helping the team rather than being a detriment
Exactly. Like, it doesn't matter if you have a bad game. That's fine. Some games are unwinnable. Some times the other team IS simply better all around. Doesn't mean the game's over. Doesn't mean you have to give up, int, throw a hissy fit and just straight up ignore teammates calls. If you're lost as to what to do, listen to the person making calls. Especially if the calls have been good almost all game. Nothing pisses me off more than when we're behind, secure an objective and you ping everyone to go base... they start a teamfight. That just makes me "le sigh".
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Revísal (NA)
: uhm.. yeah dude, you have a brain error. This system was never implemented. At least provide me with some valuable sources to back your knowledge. Also, I don't think you understand what I mean.
In season 6, ranked solo/duo was the dynamic queue you see now as the separate queue. I'm not going digging for season 6 rank system when you could easily find information on that if you took 2 seconds out of your time to do so. This is also common knowledge. You have 3 different points up there. I'm mainly referring to your aforementioned points: > It happened too many times now for myself where certain individuals on my team are a bunch of trolls. I believe Ranked Solo/Duo should allow 5 man parties. I find there is no difference b/w parties being 5 man or 1/2 man when it only takes 2 to make the entire team lose. The climb is already hard for some. For a lot of people, if not everyone, the climb is only ever hard because of trolls. > i just want to suggest they remove solo/duo and turn it into solo/quintet (1/5) parties instead. There's just way too many trolls in league and it ruins the fun. Especially for the people trying to learn or get better.
Revísal (NA)
: This is an unnecessary comment.
No, what's unnecessary is going back to season 6 and having you people bitch about the very thing we were outright upset with in the first place. We already had this system in place and it was unanimous for majority of people outright disliking the queue. I don't see how this could possibly get any upvotes considering the shit fest that was season 6. Dynamic queue was put in place of it and if you want a team based ranked system, you already have one. So you want to talk about unnecessary -- asking for something you already have is.
Revísal (NA)
: Ranked Solo/Duo Queue
You have dynamic queue. Just play it.
: Positioning ranking was an utter mistake that only one tricks wanted.
I'm not sure one tricks wanted this either. It doesn't necessarily favor them either, since they can't flex pick their one tricks and still climb regardless. This is a literal shaft, especially to one tricks.
Rioter Comments
: Riven just has to e inside Darius q, get tiny poke off then stun, walk out. After around a couple times of the Darius getting absolute cancer, he will die if he doesn't back.
Lol... think about that scenario for a second. You E into a darius for a poke, then try to walk out. He E's you back in with no CDs. you're dead. That matchup has to be played PERFECTLY by Riven. You go in with Q, auto W and E q out for short, not extended trades. If Darius E's you back in after a short trade -- cry.
: What balance team ignore. And why the game is unbalanced. /at least in solo queue./
What OP fails to mention is play rate. You can't mention things like that and no include the playrate. Azir has a whopping 1-2% play rate. Riven hovers 4-13% and some times higher at peak times. Yasuo always has a 10%+ play rate regardless of champ's condition. That means that there's a higher chance for good players to make it up to the highest of ranks. If one person can make it to master/challenger on a champion, that means that champ is viable enough for anyone else to do so. However, small sample sizes of people able to bring out the full potential of a champion, does not indicate whether a champion is problematic or not. So this is definitely not where the balance team falls short. This is a very short sighted post.
: Can we finally fix Rengar?
You lost to Rengar as UDYR. Not much else to say here bro. You literally spank him practically all lane. There's counter.... if you good.
DyQuill (NA)
: AMA with the Sylas team! (x-post from r/leagueoflegends)
I don't know if this would've been asked before... but why didn't you make Sylas auto's Scale on AP? Aside from Diana, this is actually our first AP bruiser. Farming is actually such a pain and his autos are mildly unsatisfying due to this. Also, we can now see how cruddy AP itemization is with a new addition here.
Rioter Comments
: S9 Placements
My overall experience has been trash.
: @everyone Good luck in Season 9!
To not get stupid fawking teammates.
: i find riven the most un fun champion to play against
Her "E" is the only dash ability she can reliably dodge spells with, without giving up her damage. She has 3 dashes after that, that are tied to her damage. You prefer Jax, who literally has her 4 dashes tied to 1 button, plus her chained 1.75 second stun to a 2 second stun just about point and click on his E? I'm just wondering if you really think Riven is more unfun than Jax....
ozzzz666 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brain Errör 404,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZmmENslt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-19T14:59:17.134+0000) > > Sorry, but at this particular point, testing things by using a huge chunk of people's time is not a "test". Especially not when it's going to last a whole 3 months. Sure it is. It is because they said it is.
> [{quoted}](name=ozzzz666,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZmmENslt,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T00:09:17.962+0000) > > Sure it is. It is because they said it is. If not, then why would they say it is?
Show more

Brain Errör 404

Level 136 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion