: You know you can learn in ranked right? Less chances youll get a d4 player there lol. Honestly just practice in ranked man, F what other people say.
> [{quoted}](name=nLyHorace,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=tLVwEEmX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T22:45:30.798+0000) > > You know you can learn in ranked right? Less chances youll get a d4 player there lol. > Honestly just practice in ranked man, F what other people say. That's just not how it should be though. My first time playing a champion top lane after they get reworked or trying a new champion shouldn't be in Ranked because the game has garbage matchmaking.
Rioter Comments
: Autofill is the worst system on the planet.
So, to respond to everyone because I'm lazy, there's a few things. First off, learning every single role is certainly not expected of everyone. That's a very wide range of champions to learn, and between shifting metas, patches, champion balances, reworks, new champions, and etc those roles are constantly changing. You can have all your essentials down, but it's just facts that some people are more comfortable in positions than others. The chess metaphor is just as stupid, since chess is a game where you have 1 board and you're the only player. Nothing changes. Chess is chess. Each player has the same pieces, the same board, the same time, etc. Nobody comes out like "We decided Queen pieces are too overpowered, and nerfed their movement to only a maximum of 5 spaces in order to give other pieces a chance to shine." It's not like that at all. I USED to know how to jungle, once upon a time. But Riot has bastardized that role so hard that it's not even close to what it was 3 years ago. Junglers constantly complain that nearly every season they have to completely relearn their role. And that's just one role. Some people are generalist players, and I flex my position every now and again. I don't play "exclusively top" but I am most comfortable top lane, and enjoy it the most. I'm not comfortable at all in the jungle, or as an ADC. Second off, why not let autofill be an option? I don't care if I have to wait longer for queues. I really don't. But maybe you don't want to. Maybe you're good at every role, and more of a generalist player. That's what the fucking fill role is for, right? So, why FORCE people to do it? Do you really think a majority of players would only queue mid and top and you'd never find a support or jungle? Plenty of people play these roles too. It's not like it's unheard of to have a support main, especially since support is way more flexible nowadays than it was way back then. So, sure. Maybe it shouldn't be removed entirely. But it should be a choice, since all it does is promote toxicity. Third off, League is already known as a rather toxic game. You can say "Sorry, I got autofilled and I don't really get how to play this role or champion. I never play down here." or "I haven't played bot lane in like, 10 patches. Why is everything different?" but people DON'T CARE. You're feeding. You lost them the game. It's your fault. You're garbage. Uninstall. Kill yourself. THAT'S what people who get autofilled have to deal with. And, in my opinion, that's not fair. Then you have the other side of the spectrum, when the toxic people get autofilled. "Give me bot lane or I'll feed." "Oh, I can't get bot lane? Guess I'm going tank Ivern top lane with Cleanse and Ghost." "I didn't get the role I wanted, so now you lose the game." Or people just straight up harassing you all game because you got the role you wanted, but they didn't. It promotes toxicity in the worst ways, because it's forced and not a choice. Sure, you only have to do it once, then maybe again in 2-3 games. But it's still infuriating, especially when you only play 3 or 4 games a day. Fourth, plenty of people are considered "really good" at the game, and don't play every single role. Expecting every single player ever to learn every single role is just not a thing. Hell, some PRO PLAYERS who are considered the BEST IN THE WORLD don't just play every single role. I rarely see QT jungle, I rarely see Faker jungle or support, I rarely see IWD playing ADC or support. It's just a simple fact that even if you CAN play every role well enough, you're simply less likely to win because you got an off-role. Like I said before, it compromises the chances to win before the game even starts. As for the CS-GO metaphor, that's a completely different thing. CS-GO has a system where you're forced to learn how to use different guns in different situations and work together with your team. However, you're also not stuck with 1 gun the entire round. In my personal opinion, Autofill should be an option. Mostly because of how this game works, and the fact it just straight up ruins half of my games. If it's not me getting autofilled somewhere I don't want to go, it's someone else.
: >First off, and many high elo players will agree, it is best to learn maybe 1 or 2 champions in the game, refine them, and get good at using those champions exclusively. This is ONLY to get better faster and to climb faster. However, if you ARE a high elo player, you should know how to play multiple champions. Every high elo player knows that and OTP's are generally frowned upon. >So, who the fuck came up with Autofill? The same people that came up with role selection. It's 100% necessary to have to have tolerable queue times. If autofill hadn't been implemented back then, league would very likely be a dead game. 1 hour queue times could be tolerable for a little while but after some time, people would get tired of wasting their time in queues and quit. >Why FORCE someone to play a role they're not comfortable in? Better get comfortable then. It's not riot's fault you aren't good at the game. >I get that queue times are sometimes longer because some roles are more popular than others. That's fine. 5 minutes longer in queue isn't going to kill anyone. If only it was only 5 minutes. 5 mins is a normal queue time in diamond. Without autofill, it would easily be 20-60 minutes. Do you understand what that does to the game? people in higher elo would just play on their smurfs, killing any high level competition from existence. People in the lowest elos would have similar queue times and they wouldn't bother playing the game at that point. >But I can still get reported because my team is saying I'm intentionally feeding because I don't have the confidence or know-how to play a role I was forced to play. How is that fair? How is that fun? Who thought it was a good idea? It's fair because their reports do absolutely nothing. Reports don't do anything themselves. When someone reports a player, the automated system then checks that player and if he broke any rules. If he did break rules, he gets punished. If he didn't break any rules, the report is thrown into the trash can. >Autofill boils down to "Hey, other people don't want to wait in queue, so you have to spend 40 minutes suffering now. Believe it or not, your fun doesn't go over the fun of the majority. >If people don't like the longer queue times, they could learn a less popular role Or you could learn other roles (like you actually should) so you wouldn't hinder your team and we can keep the short queue times. This game has always been about learning every role. This isn't a single player game and learning just your own role is not enough and will not make you good.
> [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bPiO3Mxq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-11T18:40:47.621+0000) > > This is ONLY to get better faster and to climb faster. However, if you ARE a high elo player, you should know how to play multiple champions. Every high elo player knows that and OTP's are generally frowned upon. Learning other champions is important, but you shouldn't be forced to learn other roles if you don't want to. League is a very complicated and nuanced game. But when you get queued against someone who is two divisions higher than you and mains their role when you're forced into an off-role, you're basically just going to lose the game because of RNG before it even starts. Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play the game and learn every part of every role. Someone who normally plays top lane tanks isn't going to understand how to play and position an ADC. > > The same people that came up with role selection. It's 100% necessary to have to have tolerable queue times. If autofill hadn't been implemented back then, league would very likely be a dead game. 1 hour queue times could be tolerable for a little while but after some time, people would get tired of wasting their time in queues and quit. I've had plenty of games where everyone gets their role, and the queue time wasn't more than 7 or 8 minutes. Back when they had the system for picking your champion ahead of time, the max time to get into a game was around 15 minutes, if that. I don't know where you're getting hour long queue times in lower elos. There's millions of silver players, there's not millions of D1 players. > > Better get comfortable then. It's not riot's fault you aren't good at the game. I'm decent at the game, actually. I've been playing since season 3. However, I don't enjoy bot lane. I never have. Therefore, when I get into that role because I'm forced to, I have a tough time. I'm not used to CSing with an ADC. I'm not used to positioning an ADC. I'm not used to synchronizing with a support. What's even worse is the people who get filled into jungle. Jungle is an important role, but also arguably the hardest one to play, since every game is different. Learning jungle routes, how to gank, where to gank, what to do when you have to, how to secure objectives, how to farm and stay alive, how to get around normal ward paths, there's just so much that you can't just force a player who isn't trying to learn that role and doesn't want to to play that role. > > If only it was only 5 minutes. 5 mins is a normal queue time in diamond. Without autofill, it would easily be 20-60 minutes. Do you understand what that does to the game? people in higher elo would just play on their smurfs, killing any high level competition from existence. People in the lowest elos would have similar queue times and they wouldn't bother playing the game at that point. See my point made above about the longest queue times for the old system where you picked a role and champion being about 15-30 minutes max. And that was without the secondary role selection, or the fill option. > > It's fair because their reports do absolutely nothing. Reports don't do anything themselves. When someone reports a player, the automated system then checks that player and if he broke any rules. If he did break rules, he gets punished. If he didn't break any rules, the report is thrown into the trash can. Agreed, but it still feels like shit, and can impact your overall honor rating. > > Believe it or not, your fun doesn't go over the fun of the majority. Yes, but the argument I'm making is it ruins the game for my entire team as well. And if the enemy team is just stomping us, it's probably less fun for them too. > > Or you could learn other roles (like you actually should) so you wouldn't hinder your team and we can keep the short queue times. This game has always been about learning every role. This isn't a single player game and learning just your own role is not enough and will not make you good. Again, not everyone has 100s of hours to pour into the game to learn every single role because they might just get dropped into something they don't want to play. Imagine if that existed in other competitive games? Imagine if you were playing a fighting game, and they said "Okay, so a lot of people are playing your character of choice right now, so we decided you're going to play someone else, and if you were REALLY good at the game, you'd know how to play them too." Or Call of Duty if it was like "We know you really like that gun, but in order to get into a game faster, we decided you're going to use a sniper now. If you were good at FPS games, you'd just adapt your playstyle and get used to it." It makes no sense.
Rioter Comments
: Riot lost money to the chests and essence system; so, they nerfed the ever living crap out of it. Only reason to buy chests anymore is for a chance at legacy content, most of which is straight up garbage anyway and the whole reason it's legacy content anyway. Sure, there are event-exclusive skins that I wouldn't mind having out of the loot system, but the odds of nabbing any of those are negligible. I'm honestly just glad that Riot doesn't change their entire shop into a loot system like other games, thereby making obtaining skins entirely RNG-based altogether.
> [{quoted}](name=Chocolate Frost,realm=NA,application-id=GgNYATV4,discussion-id=pnBYMWzV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-11T11:00:05.325+0000) > > Riot lost money to the chests and essence system; so, they nerfed the ever living crap out of it. > > Only reason to buy chests anymore is for a chance at legacy content, most of which is straight up garbage anyway and the whole reason it's legacy content anyway. Sure, there are event-exclusive skins that I wouldn't mind having out of the loot system, but the odds of nabbing any of those are negligible. > > I'm honestly just glad that Riot doesn't change their entire shop into a loot system like other games, thereby making obtaining skins entirely RNG-based altogether. Yeah, but I'm not talking about buying chests. I'm talking about earning them.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: We're talking about possible tweaks to TFT item distribution. We do believe though that significant randomness, including variation in early power, is pretty valuable for the longeivity of the game. Examples of that in other genres are things like starting hand in Magic/Hearthstone, what you draw in poker, early loot in a Battle Royale etc. Playing from positions of strength or weakness result in a wider variety of experiences. Having said that there are some things that feel off to us at present that we're highly likely to change, likely (but not guaranteed) in 9.14. Those are: * Players should never finish the first 3 rounds without at least one item component dropping * Players should never have 6 item components from PVE after the first 3 rounds * Players should never get zero items from a later PVE round (Krugs onwards) if they kill everything
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=EbZiPqnj,comment-id=00200000,timestamp=2019-06-28T17:53:45.009+0000) > > We're talking about possible tweaks to TFT item distribution. We do believe though that significant randomness, including variation in early power, is pretty valuable for the longeivity of the game. Examples of that in other genres are things like starting hand in Magic/Hearthstone, what you draw in poker, early loot in a Battle Royale etc. Playing from positions of strength or weakness result in a wider variety of experiences. > > Having said that there are some things that feel off to us at present that we're highly likely to change, likely (but not guaranteed) in 9.14. Those are: > > * Players should never finish the first 3 rounds without at least one item component dropping > * Players should never have 6 item components from PVE after the first 3 rounds > * Players should never get zero items from a later PVE round (Krugs onwards) if they kill everything Alright, those sound like good changes. I'm okay with variance dependent on RNG, such as hands in a card game. But as of right now, it's like your opponent started with 10 cards, and you started with 1. Lol. But I'm happy to see those changes be implemented, that sounds like it would fix my one problem with the game. Thank you. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 28
Just a question, is there any chance that you guys are looking at changing the random items from minions in TFT? It feels really bad when you beat a PVE round and get absolutely nothing to show for it, and sometimes people get lucky and snowball the whole game with 3 full items from the get go. Is there any chance that can get changed? Maybe guaranteed random items even if you lose, or a choice of items if you win so that you can have a chance to build towards a certain build if you win, and have more control over itemization as long as you're winning the PVE rounds?
Rioter Comments
Zac x Me (NA)
: Pls boycott Rito and League
He is a warrior, clearly. Feed him the blood of your enemies so that he may grow strong.
: Dragon gets the anti-magic buff regardless. It's a Dragon. That's how it goes. Wait til you get to a game long enough to fight Shelly. She doesn't even need a buff, and she starts the round by half shotting your entire team if you forget to spread out. :P
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=PKbQ4unq,discussion-id=eKlevR5c,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-28T14:33:11.958+0000) > > Dragon gets the anti-magic buff regardless. It's a Dragon. That's how it goes. > > Wait til you get to a game long enough to fight Shelly. She doesn't even need a buff, and she starts the round by half shotting your entire team if you forget to spread out. :P I've beaten Shelly a couple times. But since when is Dragon completely immune to magic damage? I don't remember that any of the other times I fought it.
Rioter Comments
Xaosez (NA)
: [GAMEPLAY] Bug where nothing attacks on the board for everyone in the game
This just happened to me. All the units are invisible and disappear. Some act weirdly when you can see them. Rounds go for the entire timer sometimes, and sometimes just end instantly. This is MADNESS.
: Is riot serious that they don't have enough severs to handle the influx. they should take some of the server dedication from ranked god knows nobody playing that anymore this season.
> [{quoted}](name=worlok1025,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=aL2l1nu3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-27T02:50:42.900+0000) > > Is riot serious that they don't have enough severs to handle the influx. they should take some of the server dedication from ranked god knows nobody playing that anymore this season. https://imgur.com/a/00m8EDo
Rioter Comments
: Creep. Rounds. Should. Award. The. Same. Number. Of. items. To. Every. Player. Who. Passes.
I 100% agree with this. This is my only gripe with the gamemode so far. You should get a fixed amount of items based on the difficulty of the encounter and whether or not you pass. It feels super stupid having a good team, with good synergy, just to die because someone has an Aurelion Soul with 4 items or something stupid like that. Or beating one of the difficult PVE bosses just to get dick out of it. It's not fair.
Rioter Comments
: AP Bruiser item concept ideas
Riot really hates the whole "counter-part AP AD itemization" concepts. The only item that has ever been kept a staple and was an AP variant of an item was Ludens being like Statikk Shiv. They've tried to stray away from the whole "variant" design thought-process. They want options for mages and options for AD's to feel unique, for whatever reason.
: Fair Matches or Faster Queue Times?
Riot logic: "So, normals are to practice and try new champions and strategies that you might not be comfortable with. But to save you 2 minutes we're gonna match you against a Diamond OTP on their main, okay?"
: tl:dr Hopefully I got the gist of your post from a quick skim. No one is going to listen to you, no matter how nicely you say something. Just stop talking. The average league player is so used to dealing with toxic shitbags day after day, month after month, nonstop, that _anything_ you say is going to _immediately_ put them in a combative mental state. Whether or not you like this doesn't change the fact that it's reality. Just don't talk. Also, they don't really have any incentive to listen you in the first place. You're all the same rank, hence why you're playing together. No one really wants to listen to some "league superstar" doling out "advice" all game long when they're obviously (statistically) not any better than anyone else currently in the match -- unless you're one of these people who's convinced they _are_ somehow better, and it's all their teammate's fault they're stuck in whatever division they're in. If the latter is the case, they have even _less_ incentive to listen to you.
> [{quoted}](name=RobShizzle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IYmUAb46,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-11T20:58:31.310+0000) > > tl:dr > > Hopefully I got the gist of your post from a quick skim. > > No one is going to listen to you, no matter how nicely you say something. Just stop talking. The average league player is so used to dealing with toxic shitbags day after day, month after month, nonstop, that _anything_ you say is going to _immediately_ put them in a combative mental state. Whether or not you like this doesn't change the fact that it's reality. Just don't talk. > > Also, they don't really have any incentive to listen you in the first place. You're all the same rank, hence why you're playing together. No one really wants to listen to some "league superstar" doling out "advice" all game long when they're obviously (statistically) not any better than anyone else currently in the match -- unless you're one of these people who's convinced they _are_ somehow better, and it's all their teammate's fault they're stuck in whatever division they're in. If the latter is the case, they have even _less_ incentive to listen to you. Well, sadly, with the way norm matchmaking works, that's not true at all. I don't really have this problem as much in ranked, but I don't play a lot of ranked. But the matchmaking in this game is utterly broken. I just got out of a game with multiple golds, a couple diamonds, a bronze, two unranked, and one level 20. You can't say everyone in the game is on equal skill level or footing.
: no that twitch example is not worth the flame dude I'd at least bother talking about macro decisions but micro mistakes like this are not worth the hassle just tilting people for no reason also ppl are setressed while they are trying to win so their tolerance for criticism is expected to be lower than usual it's not about them having a gigantic ego that accept no blame it just isn't the right time to talk about it inside a match imo also ur tone could make the difference
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IYmUAb46,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-06-11T06:36:41.951+0000) > > no that twitch example is not worth the flame dude > I'd at least bother talking about macro decisions but micro mistakes like this are not worth the hassle just tilting people for no reason > > also ppl are setressed while they are trying to win so their tolerance for criticism is expected to be lower than usual it's not about them having a gigantic ego that accept no blame it just isn't the right time to talk about it inside a match imo also ur tone could make the difference Could I put it any nicer? The meanest thing I said here was the thing about Sivir, and even that was just stating a fact. You think that small sentence is flaming? You obviously haven't heard REAL flaming dude. Micro mistakes? Wasting your ultimate as Twitch, and your Flash which is a 5 minute cooldown just to flash to your death is a MINOR mistake? No, he was practically inting, because flashing into melee range of someone who can kill you in 1 or 2 auto attacks is much more than a minor mistake. Twitch was our carry, meaning he is the one supposed to be doing the majority of the damage and killing the enemy team. So him flashing out of our protection and to his death is more than a "minor" mistake. It's a major mistake. He might as well be sitting in the base, but that would actually be more advantageous because if he was in base he wouldn't be giving the enemy gold and experience by killing himself. I could've told him that flashing into the enemy morde was moronic, and anyone who has ever qued for the role of ADC would know that, but instead I stated the mistake in a simple and concise way, without any personal attacks. People who are constantly stressed out while playing normals in League should look for a different hobby. If you find normals in this game that stressful that you jump down the throat of the first person who opposes you, even in the most minor ways, then you are in the wrong environment. I get that League can be a stressful game, but that doesn't mean you have the right to take it out on a teammate with good intentions. Taking your frustrations out on your teammates is what normal people call toxic. Especially when said teammate did nothing wrong, which I didn't. If I DID do something wrong, I would've had some kind of punishment, but I don't. Matter of fact, I'm honor level 3. I didn't say they had a gigantic ego, I said they have a fragile ego. When someone gets even minorly criticized for something and they immediately respond telling me I'm an idiot, and I should kill myself, that's the exact equivalent to having an extremely fragile ego. They think they can't do anything wrong, and that it's always their teammates fault. They think even though they flashed into melee range, or they got caught out, or they decided to split push bottom, that they were right and the rest of their team is wrong. And those players are the most insufferable to play with, because they can't just accept the fact they did something wrong and learn from it. Instead, they blame everyone else and take out their frustrations on their teammates. Those kinds of teammates are the ones who are going to stay where they are. They're going to keep making the same mistakes, doing the same thing, and wondering why it only works sometimes. Instead of learning from their mistakes and improving.
: what's the point of criticism inside a match you are trying to win, u are risking them getting tilted cuz u imply they are bad which is demoralizing enough there's a time and a place for everything
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IYmUAb46,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-11T06:04:56.345+0000) > > what's the point of criticism inside a match you are trying to win, u are risking them getting tilted cuz u imply they are bad which is demoralizing enough there's a time and a place for everything The point is to point out mistakes they're making so they can realize they're making them and hopefully stop making them. Things like Twitch flashing into melee range of a Mordekaiser is a mistake that, if he stopped doing it, would lead to him possibly playing better and therefore increasing my chances of winning. I'm not doing it to demoralize and put down my teammates, and I actually do the exact opposite in the game as well. I compliment people on the things they do well. I also take the same criticism. I don't imply anyone is a "bad" player when I criticize them. The best players in the entire world can make mistakes. And that's the exact point of this entire post, that people shouldn't take honest criticism of their gameplay as a personal attack, but instead take it as constructive and learn from it. For instance, just because a player doesn't know how to counter or play around Baron doesn't mean they're a bad player, simply means they have yet to learn how to properly contest objectives.
: Bringing up anything regarding someone's KDA is considered toxic despite it being truth. I know the system is messed up. swearing triggers IFS regardless. Again, the system is messed up. I personally don't think those are toxic, I'm just telling you the system does
> [{quoted}](name=Shadowbyte,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IYmUAb46,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-06-11T04:16:16.466+0000) > > Bringing up anything regarding someone's KDA is considered toxic despite it being truth. I know the system is messed up. > > swearing triggers IFS regardless. Again, the system is messed up. > > I personally don't think those are toxic, I'm just telling you the system does Swearing doesn't, I've been through the TOS and even gotten unbanned once because of a false trigger. As long as swearing is not aimed at a player directly, it is allowed. Something like "Wow, Baron hits really fucking hard. Baron is a bitch" vs "This fucking Sivir player is a piece of shit" are completely different things, and Riot understands that. When it comes down to reviews, Riot will understand if you are purposefully flaming someone or being objective. Again, I've been through it before.
Zardo (NA)
: You dont need to get on people for mistakes, they know that they're making them, it only tilts them to point it out
A surprising amount of people don't realize that they made a mistake. You would honestly be amazed.
: Players with fragile egos.
Overall, I'm certainly not tiptoeing that hard. I have good intentions, to teach people what they should be doing instead when I see glaring mistakes, or just telling them the truth. It's how I improved at the game, and still am to this day. I guess I'm just old school, back in Season 2, you made a mistake, and people were right on you for it. It felt bad, yeah. But overall I learned a lot from my teammates being hard on me.
: the thread title is disable baron not teach me how to catch baron or whatever u went on lecturing mode for no reason i want baron disabled none needs it to close games point over
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hQMkLExA,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T03:07:19.007+0000) > > the thread title is disable baron not teach me how to catch baron or whatever u went on lecturing mode for no reason i want baron disabled none needs it to close games point over Fair enough, I'll address this. Without Baron, we'd have 2 things. Either an hour long game of stalling out and defending where there's no objective to fight over and nothing to help close the game. It's easy to just sit in your base and defend your towers and inhibs and clear waves. Without something to help, games would go on for way too long because if a team had strong defense, you'd never be able to win, and they'd never be able to push in enough to beat you in a teamfight. I've seen it happen even with Baron on the map, so it can certainly happen if Baron was removed for no reason. Either that, or it'd be a stomp of a game where you just get rolled and have no chance to come back because the one objective that can help you close out the game when you're behind after winning a teamfight is removed from the map. Baron IS important, because it encourages both teams to go fight each other. You have to get out there and contest the baron if they want to go for it, you have to take the risk because if you don't you could lose the game. Risks have to be there, or else there would be no reason to teamfight. No one would risk a teamfight if there was nothing to fight over. It would lead to an extremely stale game.
: It's the way riot punishes people. Riot considers a lot of things as toxic behaviour, here's one from game 3. >Waiting for a 5/11 Sivir wouldn't have much impact on the fight, and I counter engaged IFS might pick this up as toxic too >you messed up my freeze by shoving it towards him. You really fucked up my lane dude. They know riot will punish people for saying the smallest thing so any critique gets reported whether it breaks the rules or not. It's pretty toxic behavior but that's what riot supposedly wants or doesn't care enough about it to fix.
Technically, neither of these breaks TOS. Stating that Sivir wouldn't have affected the outcome of the fight much isn't be toxic, it's being factual. Again, I'm not insulting them telling them they're bad or unskilled or a moron or anything, I'm trying to validate my own decision making. The second thing is certainly far from toxic. Swearing is not a toxic thing in League, as long as it's not directed at a player. If I called him a moron, or a fucking idiot, or something along those lines, then yes. That would be toxic. Saying he fucked up my lane is not toxic at all.
: some champs are just more suited to stealing baron than others so if i am not playing such champs i won't be making that risk vilemaw can be stolen with a single dash wasting a flash a dash just to get inside the baron pit and trap urself isnt worth it imo
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hQMkLExA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-10T02:39:45.837+0000) > > some champs are just more suited to stealing baron than others so if i am not playing such champs i won't be making that risk > > vilemaw can be stolen with a single dash wasting a flash a dash just to get inside the baron pit and trap urself isnt worth it imo Every champion has abilities that do damage. Anyone CAN steal baron, or harass the enemy team to try to get them to stop doing it. If you're going to lose if they get Baron, you don't lose anything by trying to steal it or stop them from doing it. You have more to gain trying than you do just giving up and letting them have it. If you try to stop them or steal it, the upsides are you stop them from doing the baron, or you steal the baron. You could kill someone, which is 1 less person with baron. The downsides are they get baron, you die, and you lose. If you do nothing, the upsides are nothing. They get baron. The downsides are, they get baron, they push you in, and close out the game. So, where's the logic in doing nothing?
: Insecure trash does insecure trash things, you cant win. They know exactly what they are doing wrong, but stopping it would mean admitting to themselves that it is a mistake and not the fault of circumstance. You speaking up just gives them an excuse to latch on to (their toxic teammate made them feed!)
Yeah, you're not wrong. I'm a very hindsight kind of player, I look back and try to evaluate what I did wrong. Because if I do that, I can at least get incrementally better at the game, and that loss won't be a waste of time. I just wish more people accepted the fact that mistakes are just human, and we all make them.
: having a dash doesnt mean it's easy to get baron our jinx is braindead af and kept feeding her ass off chances of her attempting to throw an ult baron pit's way or even understanding the concept or the seriousness of the situation is 0 to none cuz shes braindead so no point in asking i kept telling our teemo who was reasonably fed to fking throw a shroom inside the baron pit and poison damage will likely get it but it's like i was speaking chinese and he wasted all his shrooms AROUND the pit not inside it, sometimes there's no help a braindead team
> [{quoted}](name=Luther King Jr V,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hQMkLExA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-10T02:24:36.233+0000) > > having a dash doesnt mean it's easy to get baron > > our jinx is braindead af and kept feeding her ass off chances of her attempting to throw an ult baron pit's way or even understanding the concept or the seriousness of the situation is 0 to none cuz shes braindead so no point in asking > > i kept telling our teemo who was reasonably fed to fking throw a shroom inside the baron pit and poison damage will likely get it but it's like i was speaking chinese and he wasted all his shrooms AROUND the pit not inside it, sometimes there's no help a braindead team I didn't say having a dash makes it easy to get Baron, I was refuting your point that Baron pit has only one entrance. It doesn't, since over half the cast has some way to enter Baron pit from over the wall. I hear a lot of blaming your teammates, tell me, what did YOU do to stop them from getting Baron?
Rioter Comments
: please disable baron when enemy is ahead ffs
So, I went and counted, and not including flash, there are roughly 71 champions that have some kind of dash or mobility ability that lets them get into the baron pit from multiple other places. With Flash, anyone can do it. There are also roughly 62 champions that have long range enough abilities to poke/attempt to steal without entering the baron pit at all. Baron is a highly contested objective, but it's also difficult to take. It takes time, and Baron can do a significant amount of damage, so your team has to be healthy. Ways you alone can help stop your enemies from taking Baron include: 1. Wards. Ward all around that bitch. As much as you can. If Dragon is down, and Baron is up, it's fair to assume that's what the enemies will be going for next. 2. Play the map, and pressure lanes. If people are being forced to respond to large minion waves because you keep slow pushing waves, they will have to trade towers and their own pressure for Baron. If you're not stuck defending your base and being on the backfoot, and you have good macro, it makes contesting Baron that much easier. 3. Actually contest it. If you're going to lose the game because the enemy team got Baron, you might as well try to stop them in 90% of instances. Throw spells at them. Do damage. Be annoying. Make them have to deal with you, until your team can come up and help you contest. It's better than going "Oh man, they're getting Baron. I guess we lose." 4. Tell your team. Seriously, don't be a bitch about it. If you think they're going for Baron, ping it. Spam it. Say in chat "They're getting baron, we need to contest or we lose." Don't sugar coat it, don't be an asshole. Just state it, bluntly. Tell them what they need to do. If someone is the leader, and other people follow them, you can inspire your team to work together, which is more powerful than any other Baron buff. 5. If they do get Baron, put your all into one last teamfight. If you can win the teamfight, they don't get Baron anymore. It's the best you can do in that case. If you lose, you lose. Try again. But it's better to say you got your team together and tried your hardest to win the team fight than just giving up because they got a buff. 6. Secure dragons earlier in the game. Dragon buffs can heavily help you not get outscaled. If you manage to get 2 infernals, and an ocean, they'll have a hard time teamfighting your team, and with pushing. Even if you're behind in gold/items, being ahead in dragons helps your team stay on equal ground. 7. Look for picks. If you can catch someone who is cocky out and get them killed, that's someone that lost Baron buff, and it forces them to wait on the death timer. Pushing with 4 vs pushing with 5 is more dangerous, and could wind up in them losing a teamfight, as stated in number 5. This also goes hand in hand with number 1. Warding the map and knowing where people are going helps you and your team set up to gank someone who is splitting alone and potentially killing them. Killing someone who does have Baron is a great coupe when you lost the fight for Baron. That's about all the advice I have. Moreover, get off tilt. Playing the map and the objectives is just as important as mechanical skill.
: big booty nasus Since he's always the bottom. Seriously though... I'm not wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Kench NA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bmXq2FKM,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-03-02T20:08:13.771+0000) > > big booty nasus > > Since he's always the bottom. Seriously though... I'm not wrong. Sounds like Nasus is looking to become Susan. Wink wink.
THdelta (NA)
: To all Riot Devs who wear helmets and drool on themselves while designing things like Aftershock:
> [{quoted}](name=THdelta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vbfzEjy7,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-17T17:37:43.657+0000) > > REMOVE THIS PIECE OF SHIT RUNE! How is it balanced that we have champions like Lissandra just completely shitting on any assassin in the game because she can press W and get 150 armor and MR. How is it balanced when a Sejuani could get 400 armor and MR from proccing aftershock at level 1? Come on guys, this shit has existed for far too long and gives the equivalent of over 5000 gold in stats. Nothing comes even REMOTELY close. However, you decide to focus on conqueror instead. You are the most pathetic balance team in history of gaming. Looks like someone else had a bad game against a Lissandra. Lemme find that tiny violin... I know I left it somewhere... Probably be easier to find, if it wasn't so tiny...
: Risky post of the day! But...I'm game. Let me try to explain our reasoning behind the decisions between the 2 reports. Firstly, every mod operates with some autonomy. We all operate pretty much on the same page, but, there have been plenty of times where we have come to a disagreement on subjects, and there are several times where one post would get removed where another mod would have left it alone. We're a diverse group of people that view things differently. Secondly, what you explained in your post is actually correct, but not in the way you think. When it comes to insults aimed at a group of people, context is *extremely* important. For example, lets say someone makes a post saying: "You mods are complete trash. Can't even do your ******* jobs right. Go die in a hole. etc. etc." And doesn't do more than just insult the group of people the person is mad at, that kind of post can, and most likely will be actioned on. However, lets say someone makes a post saying: "The mods are complete trash. Why is it that this post (insert post here) got removed, but not this post (insert post here)?" This kind of post likely won't be actioned on because it falls under being (unnecessarily) harsh criticism......which everyone could use every now and then. This is why most posts saying "Riot is horrible at balance" are not removed because it falls under the second category. This is also why *this* post has not been removed......and yes, we did talk about this one. There are plenty of gray areas when it comes to moderation, and everyone has differing opinions towards it. Your views will be different from the several people who post here, and will be different than the ones we have. And even then, we have differing views in our own team that get discussed on a near daily basis. If there are possibly some questions people here have about us, I am more than willing to answer what I can. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll do my best.
> [{quoted}](name=Electro522,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fJ4MEUiW,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-03-03T17:42:20.099+0000) > > Risky post of the day! But...I'm game. Let me try to explain our reasoning behind the decisions between the 2 reports. > > Firstly, every mod operates with some autonomy. We all operate pretty much on the same page, but, there have been plenty of times where we have come to a disagreement on subjects, and there are several times where one post would get removed where another mod would have left it alone. We're a diverse group of people that view things differently. > > Secondly, what you explained in your post is actually correct, but not in the way you think. When it comes to insults aimed at a group of people, context is *extremely* important. > > For example, lets say someone makes a post saying: "You mods are complete trash. Can't even do your ******* jobs right. Go die in a hole. etc. etc." And doesn't do more than just insult the group of people the person is mad at, that kind of post can, and most likely will be actioned on. > > However, lets say someone makes a post saying: "The mods are complete trash. Why is it that this post (insert post here) got removed, but not this post (insert post here)?" This kind of post likely won't be actioned on because it falls under being (unnecessarily) harsh criticism......which everyone could use every now and then. > > This is why most posts saying "Riot is horrible at balance" are not removed because it falls under the second category. This is also why *this* post has not been removed......and yes, we did talk about this one. > > There are plenty of gray areas when it comes to moderation, and everyone has differing opinions towards it. Your views will be different from the several people who post here, and will be different than the ones we have. And even then, we have differing views in our own team that get discussed on a near daily basis. > > If there are possibly some questions people here have about us, I am more than willing to answer what I can. I may not be able to answer everything, but I'll do my best. See, what I don't understand is how is telling someone to learn the game so that they can properly understand what is and isn't balanced not harsh criticism? If he said "You're a noob, learn the game before you cry about balance" that would be understandly wrong. That's an insult directed at the OP. But if someone says "Try learning the game first" they aren't telling them "You suck at the game". They're telling them "Based on your amount of time playing the game, and your experience, I don't think you have the grounds to make criticisms of the balance." If some random game journalist booted up League of Legends for the first time, played a live game, and got smashed by some smurf playing Nasus and wrote an article saying "Game is completely unbalanced. Champions like Nasus have infinitely scaling point and click damage that you can't avoid" before understanding how to CC and kite someone like that, would you not tell them that they can't possibly understand the game's balance and mechanics after only one game? Now, sure there's other ways he could've worded it. But telling someone they have to have more experience with something before they can properly understand it is not an insult, it's a fact. It's like if I went to get a job as a Riot Dev and they told me I don't have enough experience at being a developer and I filed a lawsuit for them insulting me. It's not an insult. It's a fact. It's how life works. Not everything is pretty and friendly. Sometimes life is hard.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrPukeBrain,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bqpGFAHe,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-02-26T19:48:23.213+0000) > > Here's the thing, someone being sensitive is usually something beyond their control. Different people have different sensitivities. You can call me anything you want, whatever. But someone else might genuinely get their feelings hurt by something you said, including jabs at their skill in a video game. > > Wanna know something you can control? Being an asshole. You don't have to type. You can think they're trash, tell your friends they're trash, yell on mic/stream or whatever where they can't hear you, but to directly tell them in chat that they're trash serves no purpose other than to demoralize your fellow teammate and make them stop trying/caring. All you do by calling people trash is create a more toxic environment, and encourage people to be just as much of a dick as you. > > Lastly, I'd rather be trash at a videogame, than be trash at being a teammate. Well spoken but if you're trash at the game, then doesn't that make you a trash team mate already? That's where you don't make sense lol
> [{quoted}](name=GhostOfTsushima,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bqpGFAHe,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2019-02-28T02:02:50.175+0000) > > Well spoken but if you're trash at the game, then doesn't that make you a trash team mate already? > > That's where you don't make sense lol The point I was trying to make was that if I'm underperforming, but still trying to be positive and rally my team, I'm still being a better teammate than someone doing well but being negative.
: You know which type of people are Sensitive when they cant handle being called trash in a video game
Here's the thing, someone being sensitive is usually something beyond their control. Different people have different sensitivities. You can call me anything you want, whatever. But someone else might genuinely get their feelings hurt by something you said, including jabs at their skill in a video game. Wanna know something you can control? Being an asshole. You don't have to type. You can think they're trash, tell your friends they're trash, yell on mic/stream or whatever where they can't hear you, but to directly tell them in chat that they're trash serves no purpose other than to demoralize your fellow teammate and make them stop trying/caring. All you do by calling people trash is create a more toxic environment, and encourage people to be just as much of a dick as you. Lastly, I'd rather be trash at a videogame, than be trash at being a teammate.
oMehzinyy (EUNE)
: No it doesn't make it right. I just wanted to use it as a point that some people don't even take offense to the words but they still report to get them banned out of pity. They outright don't care about the insults. If they did they would mute the player. I don't think saying stuff like that is right
Yeah, but the thing is you wouldn't have that problem if you just didn't say them. Rules are rules, and yeah even if someone didn't get personally offended, it doesn't change the fact that by saying those words you broke the rules.
: > [{quoted}](name=a random hoe,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A44wZGNe,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T02:08:22.804+0000) > > It's the fact they go to the computer for with random people and not in peraon. People will shit talk you endlessly if they are not in your face because sometimes it's their way of coping with stress and inferiority complexes and in a way helps build their confidence slowly. Also saying for someone to grow up because you think they are wrong is childish and ignorant, he could easily be someone older and be positively affecting others and here you are saying they need to grow up. You kinda just made your whole comment invalid being that you want people to respect other people thet don't know. So, let's break down your argument here. You're saying that disrespecting people, and being hateful, spewing racist or homophobic slurs, and swearing at people you don't know is an excuse to allow toxicity? That makes 0 sense. There is no excuse to be a douchebag. If someone came up and said something hateful towards you, would you argue that they are using it to cope with stress, and therefore it's okay? Some people cope with stress by punching people in the face. That doesn't make it okay, does it? Some people have HEALTHY ways to deal with stress, and some people have UNHEALTHY ways. Getting angry at people you don't know and verbally assaulting them is not HEALTHY. And just because they deal with stress in that way, doesn't mean it's an excuse. I did not tell him to grow up because he was wrong, I told him to grow up because his comment reflects the mentality of a child. Someone who hasn't had a taste of the real world to know what being disrespected like that to your face can feel like. I told him to grow up because his comment insinuates that he is not older and wiser, but in face childish and ignorant, as you seem to paint me as being. If he is advocating for online bullying and harassment, I highly doubt he positively affects people very much. And even if he is, that has NOTHING to do with the debate that is currently being discussed. He could be positively affecting people, but that doesn't change the fact that abusing people over the internet is not okay. And to express that feeling, I gave an example on how that wouldn't be socially acceptable in person, but is somehow socially acceptable over the internet. I also used his own wording against him as an example that he told me to grow a spine, aka stop being a wimp, because I'm advocating for human decency and respect, when I guarantee he wouldn't act like that to anyone in person. As for the last bit, which is "you made your whole comment invalid because you want people to respect people they don't know" I must ask, where is your mom? Were you not taught human decency growing up? Everyone, regardless of race, gender, or what, should be respected and treated with decency unless they have disrespected you or done something disrespectful or offensive. That's not something to invalidate anything. That's how human beings should treat fellow human beings. You're basically saying my comment was invalid because I don't want people to act like assholes?
Let's also make the point that SOME people like to PLAY THE GAME to relieve their stress. And they can't relieve stress at all if someone else is telling them to kill themselves and flaming them in chat. So, it's okay for someone to ruin someone else's stress relief because they're relieving their stress by being an asshole?
: It's the fact they go to the computer for with random people and not in peraon. People will shit talk you endlessly if they are not in your face because sometimes it's their way of coping with stress and inferiority complexes and in a way helps build their confidence slowly. Also saying for someone to grow up because you think they are wrong is childish and ignorant, he could easily be someone older and be positively affecting others and here you are saying they need to grow up. You kinda just made your whole comment invalid being that you want people to respect other people thet don't know.
> [{quoted}](name=a random hoe,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A44wZGNe,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T02:08:22.804+0000) > > It's the fact they go to the computer for with random people and not in peraon. People will shit talk you endlessly if they are not in your face because sometimes it's their way of coping with stress and inferiority complexes and in a way helps build their confidence slowly. Also saying for someone to grow up because you think they are wrong is childish and ignorant, he could easily be someone older and be positively affecting others and here you are saying they need to grow up. You kinda just made your whole comment invalid being that you want people to respect other people thet don't know. So, let's break down your argument here. You're saying that disrespecting people, and being hateful, spewing racist or homophobic slurs, and swearing at people you don't know is an excuse to allow toxicity? That makes 0 sense. There is no excuse to be a douchebag. If someone came up and said something hateful towards you, would you argue that they are using it to cope with stress, and therefore it's okay? Some people cope with stress by punching people in the face. That doesn't make it okay, does it? Some people have HEALTHY ways to deal with stress, and some people have UNHEALTHY ways. Getting angry at people you don't know and verbally assaulting them is not HEALTHY. And just because they deal with stress in that way, doesn't mean it's an excuse. I did not tell him to grow up because he was wrong, I told him to grow up because his comment reflects the mentality of a child. Someone who hasn't had a taste of the real world to know what being disrespected like that to your face can feel like. I told him to grow up because his comment insinuates that he is not older and wiser, but in face childish and ignorant, as you seem to paint me as being. If he is advocating for online bullying and harassment, I highly doubt he positively affects people very much. And even if he is, that has NOTHING to do with the debate that is currently being discussed. He could be positively affecting people, but that doesn't change the fact that abusing people over the internet is not okay. And to express that feeling, I gave an example on how that wouldn't be socially acceptable in person, but is somehow socially acceptable over the internet. I also used his own wording against him as an example that he told me to grow a spine, aka stop being a wimp, because I'm advocating for human decency and respect, when I guarantee he wouldn't act like that to anyone in person. As for the last bit, which is "you made your whole comment invalid because you want people to respect people they don't know" I must ask, where is your mom? Were you not taught human decency growing up? Everyone, regardless of race, gender, or what, should be respected and treated with decency unless they have disrespected you or done something disrespectful or offensive. That's not something to invalidate anything. That's how human beings should treat fellow human beings. You're basically saying my comment was invalid because I don't want people to act like assholes?
: ***
So, because someone goes on their computer, they deserve to be treated as less than human? That makes sense. Learn respect, and grow up. Also, using hate speech against someone who might be more sensitive to it than you is still wrong. Are you saying anyone who is even a little bit depressed should be barred from using the internet or playing online games because people are assholes? That makes no sense. I have a spine. Many people have spines. It's not about courage. It's about the fact that people should have human decency and respect for people they don't know. Look at my above example. Are you the kind of person who would treat someone in person like that? Would you say those things to someone while looking them dead in the eye? No? **GROW A SPINE**
oMehzinyy (EUNE)
: Riot's braindead ban system
> [{quoted}](name=oMehzinyy,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=A44wZGNe,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:54:09.124+0000) If you write "kys" or "f'ggot" and get reported, that's a guarranteed 2 week ban. Most people that I've personally seen believe that these phrases have been overused to the point that they are barely even offensive a lot of people, including me. As someone who is extremely desensitized to words, that doesn't excuse using them in any kind of public setting. Just because YOU'RE desensitized to those words, doesn't mean the stranger behind the screen isn't. What happens when you tell someone who has suicidal tendencies to kill themselves after they just got off work and wanted to relax playing a game? What if someone who was in the closet about their sexuality and afraid to come out due to abusive, gay-hating parents logs on to League and you call them a word they're terrified of? Now, let's give a quick example, shall we? Say you get in line at a store. The clerk and the customer are arguing. The customer suddenly yells "You fucking %%%%%%! Kill yourself! I can't believe you're such a dumbass!" The clerk is crying, and someone asks you what you thought about that. Are you going to respond "Oh, who cares. People should be desensitized to those words. It doesn't matter at all. It should be OKAY to talk to people like that. That clerk obviously did something wrong." Do you think that's acceptable social behavior, and how people should act? If you say no, then why would you act that way towards other people on the game? I get that it's easier when there isn't a face in front of you, or someone that could react violently to your words in front of you. But seriously, try thinking of that the next time you want to flame someone and call them offensive words. Think of the fact that you're not talking to a champion, you're not talking to a screen, you're not talking to a computer. You're talking to a human being.
: Sick of being banned over weak minded people getting upset. Done playing this game forever
> [{quoted}](name=SoundTempest,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Tl5kYbE6,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-05T20:15:37.768+0000) > > Game 1 > In-Game > SoundTempest: it literally translates to eat butthole > SoundTempest: i wanna suck a dick because i have a fetish where the idea of ejaculation makes me harder but id never fuck a dude First off, that's gay. > [{quoted}](name=SoundTempest,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Tl5kYbE6,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-05T20:15:37.768+0000) > > SoundTempest: ur fault > SoundTempest: gj liux > SoundTempest: tbh we shoulda seen that coming lux shaco always ganks lvl 2 > SoundTempest: do we have a jungler? > SoundTempest: hey udyr > SoundTempest: you will lose this game because you neglect bbotlane > SoundTempest: i promise > SoundTempest: gg thanks for the loss udyr Second off, that's why you got banned. You blamed Udyr for your mistake because you got ganked and died. And continued to flame and harass him.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrPukeBrain,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kILVViuE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-17T15:23:40.209+0000) > > My biggest point on this whole thing is sometimes I just want to relax a bit playing League. Do something fun, and crazy. Play stupid stuff that kinda works like attack speed on hit Neeko or AP Shyvana. But if I do this stuff in norms, people flame the crap out of me. I've always looked at RGM as something fun. Somewhere where you can see people building full AP Malphite instead of a tank. I don't want to take every single game seriously and mix-max my build and play the hard meta champions in freaking Nexus Blitz. I want to have fun. And I find it wrong to tell other people they can't have fun in an off rift game mode in preseason because they aren't building the way they're "supposed" to build. > > And the dumbest thing of this entire post, is we DID win that game. But I was proposed toxic and reported because I didn't build my champion as a tank. Because I wanted to play AP Maokai and set up traps in bushes and laugh when people walked into a bush and took half their health, as opposed to being a brick wall who locks down the ADC and proceeds to do nothing else the entire fight. > > My entire point here is in Nexus Blitz I was proposed to be toxic because I said someone should relax and try to have some fun. It's not the fact I wasn't trying to win. I got a double kill in the last teamfight that won the game. I wasn't trolling and running it down mid and I wasn't insulting or berating my teammates. The only things I said the entire time were "Why not just try to have fun?" to someone who had written around 20 messages bitching at us for not building tank, and not grouping, and losing events. Then after we won I said "haha stfu now kha" and that was it. > > But yeah, God Forbid I try to enjoy the game and not take it as a serious competition every single game. If I wanted to be serious and compete, I'd play ranked. Not Nexus Blitz. There are 9 other people in the game. When are you concerned about what they want? Imagine playing basketball. You just want to try crazy things. You close your eyes and shoot backwards whenever you get the ball. That is going to get really annoying for the people playing with you. Are they taking the game too seriously? Practice = custom game mode Exhibition = normal game mode 3 v 3 street ball = rotating game mode Tournament = ranked game mode Custom game mode is the only mode where you are not expected to be competitive. I suggest you play custom game modes OR make a full pre-made group of friends that won't get upset with your "shenanigans". Harassing you throughout the entire game is never acceptable behavior. However, I can understand where their frustrations are coming from.
> [{quoted}](name=mlm olo mlm,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kILVViuE,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-17T17:54:59.284+0000) > > There are 9 other people in the game. When are you concerned about what they want? > > Imagine playing basketball. You just want to try crazy things. You close your eyes and shoot backwards whenever you get the ball. That is going to get really annoying for the people playing with you. Are they taking the game too seriously? > > Practice = custom game mode > Exhibition = normal game mode > 3 v 3 street ball = rotating game mode > Tournament = ranked game mode > > Custom game mode is the only mode where you are not expected to be competitive. I suggest you play custom game modes OR make a full pre-made group of friends that won't get upset with your "shenanigans". > > Harassing you throughout the entire game is never acceptable behavior. However, I can understand where their frustrations are coming from. But see, I can never get behind this mentality. That everyone has to play the most meta and try-hard champions and builds, even in something as stupid and random as Nexus Blitz. Why in the world should I be forced to play the game how other people want me to play it in a mode that's not taken seriously, has no consequences for losing, has no rank to it, and where you can just lose to Sudden Death no matter how the game goes? It's stupid. I shouldn't be forced to try to find 9 other people to play a custom game because I want to play a build that isn't considered the strongest thing out there. It's toxic. It's a video game. I should be free to play and enjoy it how I want. I can understand someone playing something like AP Mao'kai top lane in ranked in higher elos a problem. And I would be on board with you there on discussing the implications on whether they were taking the game seriously or not. But in Nexus Blitz if I want to play an off-build for a champion what's the problem? I shouldn't be forced to be a meta slave in something as dumb as Nexus Blitz. That's not fair to me. What you're implying here is "No, he was right to say you should build the way he wants you to. You're not thinking of other players, and should sacrifice your enjoyment of the game because if you don't, you're not trying as hard as you can, and therefore are toxic." That's not fair at all. I have a friend who LOVES playing off-meta, or weak champions/builds and making them work. He plays AP Shaco in the current game, often. He got Yorick to level 7 before his rework. Same with Mordekaiser. He did it in norms. Are you saying he shouldn't be able to play the champions he wants to, despite trying his hardest to win, because they were weaker than the current meta picks because he's not thinking of the other players? Also, you're going about this the wrong way with that analogy. Closing your eyes and shooting backwards is intentionally trying to miss. That would come off as intentionally trolling or trying to lose the game. I'm moreover the player making risky moves, let throwing the ball between a blockers legs and running to the other side, or shooting from the middle of the court with one arm before the buzzer goes off. It probably doesn't work, and it'll probably fail. But I'm still trying my hardest.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrPukeBrain,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kILVViuE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T02:29:31.807+0000) > > It's not the point of "messing around". It's not like we weren't trying to win. It's that min-maxing and building the most efficient items isn't always very fun. Your opinion. You are allowed but just know that not everyone feels the same as you. > Yes, playing competitively and trying to win is indeed fun. I agree. It's part of the appeal of the game. However, why should we be shamed for playing off-meta champions or off-meta builds for those champions in a game mode designed for chaos and fun over the competitive nature of it? I'm not condoning "shaming" you. The game mode isn't designed to replace competition. It is designed to have fun while competing. > Why suck the fun out of other players by insulting them for trying to have fun in a wacky gamemode? I'm not condoning "insulting" you. I would argue that if you wanted to "create" fun, you should be in a custom game. For example, people play "hide and seek" in custom games. If you aren't having fun playing the gamemode in the manner it is intended (competitively) it is on you to find a new gamemode. > I'm not saying his problem was taking the game too seriously. His problem was berating other players builds, wanting us to play nothing but boring full tanks, and play as efficiently and strategically as possible in a game mode where you race scuttle crabs, have random battle royales, and there's an item that gives you every single stat in the game. Sure sounds like you are saying they took the game too seriously. > Someone can take the game seriously, and want to win. But that doesn't allow them to berate and belittle other players for trying to have fun. True. "Trying to have fun" is not a good look though. It implies you are not taking the game seriously. > You can take the game seriously and try to win without sucking the fun out of everyone else and complaining all game. True. You can also have fun while taking the game seriously and trying to win.
My biggest point on this whole thing is sometimes I just want to relax a bit playing League. Do something fun, and crazy. Play stupid stuff that kinda works like attack speed on hit Neeko or AP Shyvana. But if I do this stuff in norms, people flame the crap out of me. I've always looked at RGM as something fun. Somewhere where you can see people building full AP Malphite instead of a tank. I don't want to take every single game seriously and mix-max my build and play the hard meta champions in freaking Nexus Blitz. I want to have fun. And I find it wrong to tell other people they can't have fun in an off rift game mode in preseason because they aren't building the way they're "supposed" to build. And the dumbest thing of this entire post, is we DID win that game. But I was proposed toxic and reported because I didn't build my champion as a tank. Because I wanted to play AP Maokai and set up traps in bushes and laugh when people walked into a bush and took half their health, as opposed to being a brick wall who locks down the ADC and proceeds to do nothing else the entire fight. My entire point here is in Nexus Blitz I was proposed to be toxic because I said someone should relax and try to have some fun. It's not the fact I wasn't trying to win. I got a double kill in the last teamfight that won the game. I wasn't trolling and running it down mid and I wasn't insulting or berating my teammates. The only things I said the entire time were "Why not just try to have fun?" to someone who had written around 20 messages bitching at us for not building tank, and not grouping, and losing events. Then after we won I said "haha stfu now kha" and that was it. But yeah, God Forbid I try to enjoy the game and not take it as a serious competition every single game. If I wanted to be serious and compete, I'd play ranked. Not Nexus Blitz.
: They’re not going to unban anyone’s account unless it was inappropriately banned. If he has some sort of ban, it’d be his responsibility to request support to look into his account.
Do... do you not know who XJ9 is, Periscope?
: This needs to stop Riot Games
You've gotta understand, you created your own toxic environment. Had you not banned Ezreal, maybe your teammate wouldn't have been so upset and picked Ziggs. Maybe he was an Ezreal OTP and you just banned his pony and blatantly told him you don't care that he's upset about it. Other than that, you did no way of "communicating to your team". What you did was flame and cry all game. See, believe it or not, having a negative attitude and constantly giving up is actually a report-able offense. If you do nothing but cry for FF's in chat and bring your team down when they don't wanna give up, you are the problem. Everyone in this game would've had a better time if you had some decency and respect for your teammates. Be happy you only got a chat restriction. I usually see people like you getting taken off the rift.
Show more

BrainPuke

Level 93 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion