Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Reward for players that own all skins.
: How do I get out of Silver?
Short Version: Play better More specifically, the thing that will put you far and away better than any silver player is macro level play. So long as your micro is below average or better, just the ability to know where you should be on the map at any given point is huge. If you know that the dragon is coming up and the enemy doesn't, you got dragon for free even if your jungler is too bronze to follow you to it. If you have a window for baron because 4 enemy champs are chasing singed in bot lane, you just need your dps and you have it. If you know how to manage the side lanes, even if your team doesn't, you can. Of course, some of these things are harder from the support role, you could simply swap to mid/top/jg for a bit. You don't have to be a mechanical god, you just have to be in the right place at the right time to make a huge difference.
: Hashinshin gets a 2-week ban for going 0/19 with Viktor top.
This mentality of acting on mediocre evidence is a great way to get false positives. Even if he was 100% trying to lose this game, there isn't nearly enough evidence to call this intentional. You start handing out bans for iffy cases like this and it's a matter of when, not if an innocent will get punished. Now, that is of course assuming that the ban was *only* given out for this game and that there were no other factors at play. I'd rather see 10 guilty go free than a single innocent banned.
Kythers (NA)
: and he's out the game, thanks for playing
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-03T23:38:21.449+0000) > > and he's out the game, thanks for playing I'll be back :)
geeklove (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brohoof,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-10-04T00:10:11.243+0000) > > Is that really enough? Weird. No it's not enough. You should be permabanned. Some kid who lives down the street from me, around my nephews age, killed himself recently. Because of online bullying. When you tell people "kys", some people actually do.
> [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=000600000002,timestamp=2018-10-04T03:40:47.291+0000) > > No it's not enough. You should be permabanned. > > Some kid who lives down the street from me, around my nephews age, killed himself recently. Because of online bullying. When you tell people "kys", some people actually do. Yeah one bad game out of 8 years, seems reasonable to perma me.
: > [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2018-10-04T00:25:40.512+0000) > > yea its zero tolerance , its consider hate speech. but heres the kicker once you get a 14 day ban (punishment) the next one is permabanned. and its very very easy to get it after a 14 day ban , nearly any legitimate report will trigger it. A just punishment tbh. Some people are struggling mentally, and while OP may think it's a joke to tell them to kill themselves if there's even the slightest risk they might actually do it because of that it's really not acceptable. I mean we're all people. Assholes, perhaps, but still people.
> [{quoted}](name=Theorchero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=0006000000010001,timestamp=2018-10-04T02:23:29.187+0000) > > A just punishment tbh. Some people are struggling mentally, and while OP may think it's a joke to tell them to kill themselves if there's even the slightest risk they might actually do it because of that it's really not acceptable. I mean we're all people. Assholes, perhaps, but still people. I don't think anyone that plays league is a real person, including myself.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brohoof,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2018-10-04T00:10:11.243+0000) > > Is that really enough? Weird. yea its zero tolerance , its consider hate speech. but heres the kicker once you get a 14 day ban (punishment) the next one is permabanned. and its very very easy to get it after a 14 day ban , nearly any legitimate report will trigger it. as you state in the OP that you rarely use chat, well when you get off the 14 day ban i highly suggest not to use it at all. you are in riots eyes "on thin ice" and even something that wouldnt even trigger a chat restriction on its own will lead to a perma banned cuz you just received a 14 day ban. im not here to argue right or wrong with what you did or how riot goes forward with punishing. just stating what is 98.99% likely to happen. i assume you dont want to lose the account. so plz take the advice. you are thinking/questioning " well how long am i on thin ice?" well it will be some time. 100+ games /3 months or so would be a safe assumption. best of luck moving forward. PS i also rarely use chat in a game besides generic game info such as; "jungle is top" "they are baron" "rotate to mid" etc shit like that. i never truly talk to someone directly ( or try not to at all ) i have played since preseason of S3 and i have only had one chat restriction where i lost my shit on a teammate. so maybe this helps you moving forward
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2018-10-04T00:25:40.512+0000) > > snip Appreciate the clarification. Yeah I'm not here to argue about getting punished, it's pretty clear I deserved something, I was just really surprised to see the 14 day ban. And double thanks on the warning that the next one would be permanent.
: > Brohoof: kys you midget bitch > Brohoof: y wont you kys this is why you got 14 day ban
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-10-04T00:05:38.241+0000) > > this is why you got 14 day ban Is that really enough? Weird.
: Best Worlds song
Silver Scrapes, obviously.
: Nah, stay banned, wouldn't care if they perma banned your ass for being so toxic to the community
> [{quoted}](name=Capzie The Sick,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-03T23:39:38.709+0000) > > Nah, stay banned, wouldn't care if they perma banned your ass for being so toxic to the community I need a bullyhunter
: Is this satire? {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=Aurelion Smõl,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7ujE2UN,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-03T23:37:30.561+0000) > > Is this satire? > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} Nah
Rioter Comments
: No, her stun was specifically tied to auto attacking after leaving stealth.
Actually, she could proc her stun on 2 targets that were close together with her Q.
: it keeps its more skilled, alot of people do not use it so it makes it a little more fair to those guys
So how bout we make it easier to use, so that more people start using it? What kind of argument is that? "Well some people don't know about this feature so let's not make this feature any easier to use."
Rioter Comments
Perissh (NA)
: Bots are out of control
Riot doesnt IP ban because they might actually IP ban nuke a college dorm or similar.
nep2une (NA)
: Your logic is terrible.
I'm just saying that it's not necessarily a fallacy. I think putting a cost on his ult would ruin a lot of his play pattern, AND ALSO would break with tradition. How about we remove the execute on his Q? I think that'd be a decent start.
: > [{quoted}](name=LSmaster16,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JVtYws11,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-11-30T23:38:52.583+0000) > > All energy using champion's ults don't cost energy. Also, all energy using champions can recover energy. (Zed mimicked abilities, Lee passive, Shen e passive, akali second q, and kennen passive proc and e.) Fallacy. Because x is like that it must also mean y should be the same, amirite? Lee is obviously overtuned as proven at Worlds. We're simply discussing well-needed nerfs.
As much as it'd be a potential nerf, those are the 'rules' of energy champs.
: New Honor Option: "Carried The Game"
Isn't that what Teamwork is for?
: > [{quoted}](name=Brohoof,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NaJRsuVT,comment-id=000100000000000000000002,timestamp=2016-11-29T06:28:47.291+0000) > > Well, if you wish to make this a semi-formal argument, so be it. First we'll set aside the OP and I'l state my own premise and conclusion. > > P: > 1) Lee Sin's Win rate across all ELO's has been consistently higher than 50% for more than 75% of the past 4 seasons. this on its own is not indicative of anything so nefarious, biased, or otherwise naughty going on. There are many reasons why a champ might be allowed to stay above 50% interestingly his current winrate is below 50% http://champion.gg/champion/LeeSin/Jungle In fact his winrate outside of patch 6.22 has been below 50% for around 80% of the time. How do you explain this? [by the way here's from around the same time 1 year ago, he was consistently below 50% during all patches at this time as well](https://web.archive.org/web/20141213073537/http://champion.gg/champion/LeeSin/Jungle) > 2) Lee Sin has been consistently picked for the past 4 seasons. and each time he hasn't been something horrible happened. {{champion:72}} {{champion:120}} {{champion:5}} > C: > Lee Sin is performing above average, not as a direct result of any particular meta. http://champion.gg/champion/LeeSin/Jungle ranked 21 / 49 among those considered to be legit junglers.. he's not even in the top 50% > and/or > > League is in a perpetual meta in which Lee Sin is favored. which is actually practical if lee sin is favored in an incomplete and mishandled jungle that is iteratively being improved patch by patch > and also > > He is not played exclusively by a small subset of dedicated mains. correct, but he's also not being played exclusively by people who have actually tried every jungler and have an actual strategy http://lol.esportswikis.com/wiki/2016_Season_World_Championship/Statistics/Champions at worlds when his winrate was either higher or on the rise he had a 56% winrate after being chosen by 13 different players which was an ok winrate with a moderately high number of different players picking him. However his W:L was 21 to 16 and [only two players had particularly high success rate, though really it was just one since the other only played 4 games and won 3](http://lol.esportswikis.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/TournamentIndividualChampionStats?TICS%5Bchampion%5D=Lee%20Sin&TICS%5Bswitch%5D=Single%20Tournament&TICS%5Btournament%5D=Concept:World%20Championship%202016&wpRunQuery=true) Lee has also been nerfed since this time. > I think this is a decent starting point. Now are there any problems with this? nope, as long as its utterly and completely separate form the distracting load of shit at the beginning of this page this is fine.
Well it seems my Premise are flawed. Guess that's what happens when you get your information from the front page of Boards.
: Nothing hostile about it. If you slowly escalate how often you say the word shit it has a funny effect on conversations, especially shitty ones. It does not matter who you replace sejuani with and your claim is also false. There is a handful of champs that are treated the same way, lee sin just represents a portion of that pool that fits riot's ideal jungler types. And no, you cannot conclude that riot has a bias nor can you conclude that a bias equates to strength. We don't have to argue that he is strong because you aren't even claiming it, your claim is that non-existent (as far as any evidence shows) bias means that a champion is strong which is not true. We also don't have to argue that he's been strong because again you're not saying the same thing here. You're trying to link 3 or more different subjects as though you didn't just say 3 different things or more. Answering no to both your questions has nothing to do with the OP's incorrect point. I don't care if lee sin was god of the rift since release, you cannot conclude that riot is biased towards lee just because sejuani would never be allowed to have the same amount of success. By this same logic, if a black man with a rocket launcher on his back and a white man with a sniper rifle on his back would never be allowed to come into a certain range of a large crowd that the police are racist if they only stop the man with the explosives and merely keep watch over the one who's weapon doesn't allow for such rapid killings. The logic doesn't work, you cannot conclude that they are racist if the two are judged by the same standard as far as skin goes. That kind of fallacious logic is what the OP is spewing. It is silly shit and should make anyone defending feel like shit.
Well, if you wish to make this a semi-formal argument, so be it. First we'll set aside the OP and I'l state my own premise and conclusion. P: 1) Lee Sin's Win rate across all ELO's has been consistently higher than 50% for more than 75% of the past 4 seasons. 2) Lee Sin has been consistently picked for the past 4 seasons. C: Lee Sin is performing above average, not as a direct result of any particular meta. and/or League is in a perpetual meta in which Lee Sin is favored. and also He is not played exclusively by a small subset of dedicated mains. I think this is a decent starting point. Now are there any problems with this?
: it doesn't matter if lee sin has dominated 1000 metas Your analogy is shit and you should feel like shit. Lee sin's metawarping has nothing to do with your misleading shit from your shit analogy. That wasn't an example of bias that was common sense. A meta where sejuani is strong probably isn't healthy or fun, this has been established repeatedly. A meta where lee sin is strong for 5 seasons is meta where one of the biggest fucking games in esports/moba history is made. Don't compare the two with this halfassed terrible comparison. Feel bad for trying.
Alright, let's not be so hostile. Yes, you're completely correct in saying that if Sejuani were strong, it could warp the meta. But you're missing the point. You could replace Sejuani with any number of champions and the point would still ring through. Riot has a serious bias against nerfing Lee Sin. I'm sure we don't have to argue that he is strong do we? And we don't have to argue that he's been strong do we? If you answered 'no' to both those questions, then I don't see the problem with point OP is making.
: League Of Legends Campaign?
Hey guys I was actually looking for some tips on the campaign mode. Minor spoilers below. Can anyone help me with the Cho'Gath Boss fight? I'm on Lux's missions and Cho seems impossible. I don't have the damage to burn through him and I can't seem to kite him either. Help? Right now I've only got Zohnya's and Chalice So if anyone can tell me where to find more equipment that'd be a good start.
: Where elsewhere do assassins need power other thank "killing efficiency"? The Talon update is pretty representative of all Riot's terrible direction with champion updates: Take the thing the character was good at (strong engage, solid reliable spells, AOE damage) call those things "unnecessary strengths", highlight some other thing that was completely incidental on the champion (Talon roams, unlike _every other assassin in the game somehow_), and make them only good at that thing at the expense of everything else (Talon can now roam better than anyone else ever! Don't know what you're gonna do when you get where you're going though). >Come back in 2 to 3 months, and you'll see. You mean like Mordekaiser? Or Soraka? Or Poppy?
You have to admit though, when you have an entire class based on "If I kill you in 5 seconds I win and I if I don't I'm worthless." you've got serious feast or famine problems. The assassin update is aimed at "If I out play you, I win and If I don't you win.".
milkiru (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brohoof,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I0dbRokj,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-27T23:35:00.843+0000) > > So I guess my question is this: Is it a matter of tuning the new system, or do you think the idea itself is flawed? Do you think there is some acceptable parameters the system can operate under? Or Is Rito taking the wrong approach entirely? > > I think we can all agree that if a team gets 100% autofilled something is wrong. I definitely agree that no one should be autofilled into some else's preferred role. That defeats most of the purpose of autofill. It should be rounding out almost full teams, not creating autofill teams from scratch. I certainly think the idea of autofill has its pros, but I think the way it is being executed right now the cons are far outweighing the pros. I really think it should be optional, like I said I would much rather wait 5-10 minutes for a game and get my role then wait 30 seconds and lose my game. The whole system right now just irritates me, if the issue is not enough supports why am I getting taken out of that role and replaced with people who don't want to support? It doesn't make sense and it makes me wanna punch people.
Unfortunately, from what I understand of LoL's MM system, I don't think autofill is a simple thing to make optional without having 2 separate Q's. Having 2 separate Q's would split the player base even further and I think Riot has been trying to consolidate from what I hear of normal draft. So I'm afraid that option is off the table. The big thing I'd like to see changed is exactly what you mentioned. **People should not be autofilled into someone elses role. Period.** I can't think of any combination of Main/Secondary roles that would lead to that situation, but it is a clear failure. If I'm right, I assume that the matchmaker builds teams rigidly. As in: Imagine Sum1 - Sum5 being selected sequentially in order. Sum1 = Mid/Bot choose Mid Sum2 = Top/Supp choose Top Sum3 = Top/Jg choose Jg Sum4 = Bot/Supp choose Bot Sum5 = Bot/Mid Fill Supp So even though you can clearly rearrange this team to autofill no one, poor Sum5 gets stuck playing Supp despite having 2 teammates that would be willing to play it. If Riot can just implement a check to prevent this outcome, I'm sure that Autofill would be much better off.
: Love the name! but yeah it started getting downvoted to hell
'Preciate it, have an upvote
milkiru (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Brohoof,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I0dbRokj,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-11-27T15:49:22.820+0000) > > Hi, I've been playing since S1. For the most part I agree with you, but saying "it's not as bad as it used to be so shut up" isn't really productive to the discussion. (Neither is OP's hyperbolic take on the situation but I digress.) > > Right now, the system is set up in such a way that you really do only need to know 2 roles to climb in League. Even if you get autofilled to an off role that's only one game. But how often is it really happening? Really, I see this whole discussion boiling down to a few questions. > > 1.) What average Queue time is acceptable? > 2.) How many games, on average, is the typical player going to be autofilled? > 3.) How much time do we need to save on Queue times for autofill to be considered a good solution? > > I think if we can attack these questions, we'll be a lot closer to seeing whether or not autofill is good or bad as a whole. But so far, every argument I've seen against it has been anecdotal, and every argument for it has been "this is a lot better than what we had back then". The thing that is frustrating me the most at this point is that in season 6 queuing as support/mid meant that I would get support essentially every single game and I was really only playing ranked so I wasn't getting exposure in other roles often enough. So now that I'm getting tossed into random roles, I can play them but it is not enjoyable and I am certainly not plat level at those skills. The fact that when I queue up in champion select EVERYBODY has been put into roles they don't main annoys me, champ select should be where we discuss strategy and build a team comp but now its just becoming a shit show where everyone is switching roles up until the last second even if some people don't want to switch. I have played since season 3 so I know how it used to be and I'm not trying to sound like an entitled brat I'm just pointing out if we're implementing this system for good it needs to be fixed because its ruining the whole point of allowing people to choose their roles.
So I guess my question is this: Is it a matter of tuning the new system, or do you think the idea itself is flawed? Do you think there is some acceptable parameters the system can operate under? Or Is Rito taking the wrong approach entirely? I think we can all agree that if a team gets 100% autofilled something is wrong. I definitely agree that no one should be autofilled into some else's preferred role. That defeats most of the purpose of autofill. It should be rounding out almost full teams, not creating autofill teams from scratch.
: I really hate all this crying about autofill, before season 6 how do you think we got our roles? #By calling them in chat in champion select. and that was the most toxic part of league. Season 6 players were spoiled, getting a definite 2 roles to be placed in. So now, when we take that priveledge away they all freak out. If you don't know how all 5 roles work, you shouldn't be playing ranked. In the old days of season 4 and before, you had to know all roles or you were screwed.
Hi, I've been playing since S1. For the most part I agree with you, but saying "it's not as bad as it used to be so shut up" isn't really productive to the discussion. (Neither is OP's hyperbolic take on the situation but I digress.) Right now, the system is set up in such a way that you really do only need to know 2 roles to climb in League. Even if you get autofilled to an off role that's only one game. But how often is it really happening? Really, I see this whole discussion boiling down to a few questions. 1.) What average Queue time is acceptable? 2.) How many games, on average, is the typical player going to be autofilled? 3.) How much time do we need to save on Queue times for autofill to be considered a good solution? I think if we can attack these questions, we'll be a lot closer to seeing whether or not autofill is good or bad as a whole. But so far, every argument I've seen against it has been anecdotal, and every argument for it has been "this is a lot better than what we had back then".
SnowFall (NA)
: Why can't we still have nice things, like showing ping (latency) in the client?
It's actually depressing that this wasn't bundled into the new client.
: Add a patience bar to 2nd tier krugs
Kayle jungle is still a thing? Have a bump for your troubles.
: I man can do both but really Wakfu keeps getting downvoted into the negatives i'm already clinically depressed i don't need that too
Wait I missed Wakfu memes? Sad day. Still wish the game was as good as the anime.
Rebonack (NA)
: Kog needs a rework and this is how we do it
Seems like a good idea to me.
: Or maybe don't use your special empowered autos on plants......anyways, if it saves your life, what's one cooldown? If Sona wastes her Power Chord just to pop a plant when it isn't life or death, then that's the fault of the player not properly managing resources. If it _is_ life or death, then it shouldn't matter, because you just saved your skin.
(the passives he listed are not controllable, they come up and stay up on their own)
: What they need is competent defenders You are there to defend the towers, not the other way around
That's only half true. Towers are supposed to give you an opportunity to defend yourself against (fed) champions. They're there to prevent snowball from entirely ruling the game.
Rainboom (NA)
: Riot, You Never Cease To Amaze Me.
I'd love to upvote this, but where's the anti-Riot circlejerk?
Rioter Comments
: Sona is a mid laner in supports clothing
Sooo.. What you're saying is we should take her clothes off?
Rioter Comments
Lafouboy (NA)
: I'll admit, I like Poppy's new lore a lot more than her old one. Good on you, Riot.
Macilento (EUW)
: What is the most "satisfying" Ultimate in the game?
Fuaztin (NA)
: I would recommend not playing until she gets nerfed. All release champs go through the riot profit phase.
: Why does LOL feel the need
If you aren't gaining more LP for a win than you are losing it typically means that your MMR is higher than your division. If you maintain a winrate above 50% it should eventually even out. In short, don't lose hope.
Rioter Comments
: Minion pathing
Riot has made mention that pathing got slightly broken this patch, they're looking in to it.
: So, I had a bad game.
Ya take ya one down.. Oh that's not what we're doing?
: > [{quoted}](name=My Sea Cow,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=vuU1ygbW,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-11-18T22:41:47.810+0000) > > Riot won't ban someone without actually having proof that it was a legit report. I can report someone for whatever I want. It won't look bad on them if they are truly innocent But are you 100% sure that is how it works? From all i know Riot only cares about large volumes of reports, so if constanly underperform and ppl keep reporting me for verbal abuse, i get punished for verbal abuse.
> [{quoted}](name=Oddysseas,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=vuU1ygbW,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2015-11-18T22:44:36.242+0000) > > But are you 100% sure that is how it works? From all i know Riot only cares about large volumes of reports, so if constanly underperform and ppl keep reporting me for verbal abuse, i get punished for verbal abuse. And you have proof of this? Because otherwise this sounds like an unsubstantiated claim.
: Reporting vs Muting ( pls vote in pole)
> I mean think of it this way, assume that you have a teammate who constantly types things that offend or harass you, as long as you don't mute them, they will keep doing that and it' s NO ONE'S fault but YOURS! This is known as victim blaming. > It's like being punched in the face and even tho you can have a shield that guards you from the punches, you leave your face unprotected and keep getting punched, then you complain about being punched many times. And haven't they already punched you by the time you would raise your shield? I can't speak for others, but I don't mute people unless they've done something I would report for already. >So to end this, i feel like reports shouldn't have so much power as long as people can mute others. Muting is easy, free and takes no more than a couple of seconds, riot needs to recognize that we are not all the same, some people accept criticism and some don't, each culture is different and they have to realize that ,many cultures are involved with the game so trying to play referee isn't going to solve anything, it' s about time people learn how to mute and stop reporting each other. You are going to have to extrapolate what you mean by 'culture' because the way you are using it here makes no sense. Not that it matters. Reports are for punishing, discouraging, and shaping behavior of the community. Muting is for when a player is getting in the way of your gameplay, Reporting is to prevent them from getting in your way again.
: Creating Gold+ Season 6 Ranked Team
IGN:Brohoof Age:23 Role: Mid, ADC, Jg/Top in a pinch Availability: Weekdays Top 3 Champions: Malzahar, Trundle, Jinx Strengths: Zone Control, Map Pressure, Disengaging, Punishing enemy mistakes Weaknesses: Map Awareness, warding, roaming I mostly play champions that are better at shutting down enemies that are ahead instead of getting a lead themselves.
Show more

Brohoof

Level 104 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion