: So are we gonna get another set of reworks this season?
Unlikely, since they said that they weren't going to be doing those anymore a few years ago because they kept failing. Mordekaiser rework: one of the most broken champions the game has ever seen before or since. Kog'Maw: How can we tell if he's cheating? Undo the biggest thing we did. Syndra: got basically of her changes later changed again/reverted. Malzahar: has had to be updated like 3 or 4 times since because he became busted as a support. And not to mention that every item that they worked on has been changed in some way, shape, or form since. They simply realized that mass updates like this for champions wasn't sustainable, and that they would need to take a closer, more in-depth look at each champion individually, assessing what the core issue was for why they were considering an update in the first place, and then fixing that core issue.
: Riot Ruined TTL by Ignoring Illegal Bots, Removed TTL, Now Ruins Summoner's Rift the Same WAy
The exact same thing is the reason why Dominion shut down, too. This isn't the first time this has happened. I really liked Twisted Treeline, and thought that the map and gameplay design was really cool and well-done. I played a number of matches when the map update first released, as well as on the old map, but when I later tried to get back into it, I often found that I was the only real player there and everyone else were bots. This just made the game unenjoyable enough for me that I didn't play that mode. Blind pick is probably where most of the bots are centered, since they don't have to ban champions there. If you are able to play draft, I highly recommend it to blind. The games are generally higher quality, even in normal draft, because most people didn't get shoehorned into a role that they didn't want. People are still toxic, but that's something that's unavoidable at this point, until riot does something to fix it.
: Can we please just skip the part where we have broken support items for another 2 years?
The problem comes into play when you realize that items that previously gave gold generation and _weren't_ balanced for supports were so good, people reported you for trolling if you didn't buy all of them. If you make the items "support only," well, I ask you, what constitutes a support? There are many champions who can be played support or in another lane/role. Vel'Koz, Brand, Lux, and Senna immediately come to mind, just to name a few. If you limit it to the champions who generally play support, they'll be picked in other lanes more and the items will still be abused in a roundabout way. If you limit them to people who are selected as the support in champion select by the system, what happens if the support and another laner decide to lane swap? There is no official system in place for that, though I think that there should be. And even then, what about picks such as Miss Fortune support that the pros used as a counter pick to Zyra a few years ago? Locking them to support leaves them with a wide variety of "what-ifs" that easily can come up, not to mention that they would have to add in an exception for each of these items in the code to allow a new champion designed for support to take them. Supports have a wide enough range of champions that they can't just make them melee or range only, and a wide enough variety of summoner spells that they can't just limit them to if you've taken exhaust, and on top of that, champions in middle lane also frequently take both exhaust and ignite. Unless they designed a summoner spell for support specifically that was detrimental enough for other roles that they wouldn't take it, but still appealing enough for supports to want to take it over all of their other options, similar to what Smite is for junglers, there just isn't a way to limit them to "the person who's playing support role." Balancing the items to be detrimental enough to other roles, in the current case, their gold generation over the course of the game, is the only real way to even attempt to make gold income items work. They could remove gold income items entirely and just bring back Sightstone, 800 gold for some HP and 3 wards that refilled when you based, but that would also be counterintuitive, as the supports would then no longer have gold income, and support items would have to have their costs lowered as a means of making them cost effective from the support's perspective. Which would make them abusable for other roles because now you have items that are 150-200% gold efficient from the perspective of another role. Then all of support itemization would have to be balanced with the other roles in mind to make sure that the stats they give can't be abused. See how this keeps looping around? No, making them balanced from the perspective of the support by limiting the gold that other roles get using the item is the only balanced way to make it work. And yes, they will take some time to balance out just right. But increasing gold income is a risky thing in a game like League of Legends.
: URF Canon shouldn't exist.
The problem with Teleport and why they put the cannon in was the fact that Teleport/Flash was what you took on everyone in every game. Their goal of adding it was to add variety to what people took, and it also limits the mobility to being used from base only. Not to mention the fact that the last time they had URF with teleport in it, it WAS still a 3 second channel. While I do think that the duration of the cannon jump should be longer, there is also a lot of things shifted around in it compared to teleport. Because the duration is shortened as the distance fired gets shorter, defending pushes becomes easier. Also, using it becomes more skillful because of the slight stun it gives both you and anyone you landed on upon landing.
Rioter Comments
: Preseason 2020 Gameplay: Rise of the Elements
When I first read those support item changes, I thought, "what are you guys doing?! What's to stop the ADC from taking the low AD high HP Targon's every game and just sharing their farm with their support?" And then I read the limitation of it. I am still a bit concerned about giving free item upgrades as they hit gold quest markers, though I suppose it should be fine if the item upgrades aren't giving the level of stats that the items of today are giving. I trust that you have taken these measures into account, so I'm not going to call it out until it becomes a problem, but how early is it possible for them to shut off? If it's not for the first couple of waves, the problem of ADCs taking the support starting item still persists. Unless it's a % of the currently spawned minions a single lane could get, the ADC can give their support a lot of value out of them both taking Targon's and sharing farm for the first couple of waves. I would almost argue in favor of the system Smite uses of their minions give a lot more gold, but they don't have siege minions and the gold they give is split evenly among nearby allies if an ally last hits them.
: you are not gonna like my answer. but you asked...so i must.. you gotta play janna {{champion:40}} you see, all those 4 people coming bottom? that's free meat if you're janna.
K, so I'm now a Janna ADC one-trick. Got it.
: Except as a Varus a Kalista a Jinx a Miss Fortune, a Kog'maw a Jhin, almost EVERY single ADC in the game, with two exceptions that I can think of offhand (Ezreal cuz of arcane shift being a free fucking flash and Caitlyn just cuz of her massive base aa range), even sitting under my tower, I can't approach the minion wave to auto attack them without him then being able to w-q-e me for 70% of my hp before any of his burn damage. He can sit in his minion wave and if I try to get close enough to farm, he can freely poke me out of lane. Even if I dodge 70% of his combos at me, that's 30% of the 15 second cd full combo for my entire health bar that I'm not dodging, and also time I'm spending dodging that could be spent farming. He can do that for free and if I try to fight him back on it, well he's already done 70% of my health bar and another 15% over the next 4 seconds, where even is the opportunity to fight back?
I have actively dodged his W as Ashe from spawning it in the middle of me. It's not that hard. You just have to stop attacking entirely and move out of the way. Pretty much, always keep moving in lane. Use A-click to farm and don't stop moving. You'll find that you get hit by things a lot less that way, and it'll make you better against any support with skillshots, not just Brand.
Keiaga (NA)
: They should have taken advantage of the other team prioritizing kills botlane over farm and objectives. Someone should be able to push an empty lane faster than the other team can push 4v2. It's a team game so sometimes you just can't do enough by yourself
Our Nunu was camping top lane (we had Renekton, they had Teemo) and not only did he not get a single kill from this, the Teemo got fairly fed.
: What the fuck is a Brand??
What's ok about that is the fact that it's 100% skillshots. Meaning that, if you're not bad, you can dodge it and then ignore him for around 12 seconds until his cooldowns come back up. I will admit his damage is a bit too high in my opinion, but you can play around it. It's kinda like Blitzcrank, Thresh, Nautilus, or Pyke. All 4 of them have really powerful hooks and repositioning tools that, if you get hit by, you're probably dead. It's just a matter of not getting hit.
merp2345 (NA)
: I was just permabanned for "using third party software"
Well, did you have third party software affecting the game's files on your computer? If so, then you fully deserved it and won't be participating in that esports league. If not, then yes, they should lift the ban.
Keiaga (NA)
: Sometimes the only option for you is to hide under tower and hope your team is smart enough to take the empty lane or some other objective
That's the thing is that they were diving us. Constantly. The mid and jungle finally started coming bot after they hit level 6 but by then the enemy team was too fed from sitting under our turret for the first 10 minutes.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FxnhHQE8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-16T20:53:51.634+0000) > > Riot has said that she is an ADC that's designed to be able to lane with Lucian as his support. I imagine she'll be an ADC in a similar vein as Ashe, who is an ADC with less overall damage than other ADCs, but who has a lot of CC and vision capabilities. From the road map that released today: "As many of you recently saw, the next new champion will be Senna, a very non-traditional marksman coming to League soon. When we were creating Senna, we knew she should be a marksman, but we also thought she should be able to lane with Lucian. We felt there was a great opportunity for them to work together, with Lucian up close and personal and Senna backing him from a distance with a massive Relic Cannon. With this in mind, we went about building a supportive marksman with a blend of damage and utility." > > And here's the link to that road map: > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/ > > As for her appearance, I don't think it was ever really described to us. We saw a greened out version of it in the Lucian teaser, but can the colors on there really be considered accurate? I mean, even if it was converted to grayscale and played around with, the colors in it are designed less to reflect her actual visuals and more to reflect her spirit trapped in the lantern. Looking at her in this teaser, I always imagined her to be darker skinned, like Lucian is. Yes, the hair is different; in The Purifier's Resolve, her hair was loose flowing, and in her release, it's in (would you call those dreadlocks or braids? I don't know, I don't really know hair stuff, the point is it's more controlled than in Lucian's teaser). As for her facial and body structure, she looks older and a lot less innocent. And why wouldn't she? In the lore, she was stuck in the lantern for probably around a decade. Of course she wouldn't look the same. Honestly, I could see complaints about her clothes being different, but not about her physical appearance. Even if she was supposed to be blond hair/pale skin/blue eyes, I honestly prefer her in the darker skin version. And a lot of the lore from around the time when Lucian was released is shaky because it was in the midst of the lore retcon. They can change her how she wants. A lot of the SJW types are happy that we finally have a black woman in League (because apparently Karma and Illaoi don't count even though they are darker skin because they're meant to resemble a more Hindu look for Karma or Pacific Islander look for Illaoi). I simply think her visual design looks amazing. I do wish she had some more scars or damage on her to show the time she spent in the lantern, but that's a minor complaint in comparison. > > And the fact still remains that we don't know much about her kit yet. The last time Riot talked about her, they said that she was going to be an ADC with very unconventional means of approaching a fight. Yes, she is designed to be able to lane with Lucian, but their lane relationship is meant to be less of Carry and Healer and more of You get close, I'll cover you from range. She's meant to be an ADC who _CAN_ be played as a support viably, but will still do ADC things even from the support role. Similarly to how Pyke is an assassin in the support role or to how Kindred is an ADC in the jungle. She is NOT meant to be sidelined as Lucian's Rakan. She is meant to be his equal in the game when they are both played together. Don't get me wrong I LOVE how she looks. But in terms of consistency this is unacceptable. You now how to change Lucian and Thresh's lore to validate Senna. She also retained NONE of her physical features. Older or not your lips, eyes, nose, cheekbones, hair texture, hands, or body type/ figure don't just change shape like that. Yes you can lose weight. But if you are an hourglass or apple or pear no matter what size you are you will ALWAYS be that shape unless you have work done. Her hair when from being 2b to being 4c. You can't do that unless you're swapping genetic codes. and the more I look at it the more I realize she doesn't have braids she has a braid twist out exclusive to 4b/c because that's the only hair texture that can hold braid clasps that loose in place without falling off immediately or being braiding into. I'm really trying to understand how I'm supposed to believe this completely new woman is Senna.
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FxnhHQE8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:55:44.551+0000) > > Don't get me wrong I LOVE how she looks. But in terms of consistency this is unacceptable. You now how to change Lucian and Thresh's lore to validate Senna. She also retained NONE of her physical features. Older or not your lips, eyes, nose, cheekbones, hair texture, hands, or body type/ figure don't just change shape like that. Yes you can lose weight. But if you are an hourglass or apple or pear no matter what size you are you will ALWAYS be that shape unless you have work done. Her hair when from being 2b to being 4c. You can't do that unless you're swapping genetic codes. and the more I look at it the more I realize she doesn't have braids she has a braid twist out exclusive to 4b/c because that's the only hair texture that can hold braid clasps that loose in place without falling off immediately or being braiding into. > > I'm really trying to understand how I'm supposed to believe this completely new woman is Senna. I can see your point. But also, reworks/retcons are a thing. Aatrox looks NOTHING like he originally did. Morgana and Kayle both look a good deal different. Gangplank has a good deal of differences. Heimerdinger. Sion. Urgot. Need I go on? My point is, before this, Senna was just a character that existed in Lucian's lore. We saw her picture once, and that original image is probably nothing like what riot today has in mind for Senna's appearance. Their visual design team has significantly improved since those days. Their design for her now is what she looks like in the game. There are a number of valid criticisms in visual designs. Where's anything to show a decade spent trapped in a cell with the most fearsome torture master the League of Legends world has ever seen? Where's anything to show anything about the impact this had on her, not just as a person, but on her physical body? Similar points can be made about Kai'Sa. Both champions spent years, decades even trapped in a hostile environment fighting for their lives, and neither has scars or physical damage to show this anywhere on their bodies. Complaining that she doesn't look like an old design for her for a 30 second teaser trailer clip from back in 2014 is less valid a criticism than these things. She's also wearing clothing that is in no way what she went in as. And where'd that giant ass gun come from?
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tymXjyGn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:25:38.578+0000) > > They nerfed the box duration because they didn't want to remove the AoE, but it was absolutely busted that he could reliably get level 3 and gank bot lane while the bot lane was still level 1. I think they should have just nerfed the time that the box is active, or possibly lowered the AoE damage even more, or lowered the box's armor. Something to hit the box that didn't screw with his clear too hard. But a change was needed. It's likely that they made this just as a quick "Holy shit this needs to be fixed right now or Shaco's gonna be pick or ban for this entire patch" and are working on a longer term solution to come out in the next patch or 2. You are exaggerating a hell lot, shaco cannot reliably get 3 before bottom lane reaches level 2. Also, Shaco has the lowest damage in all assassins. At last, I've never said there shouldn't be changes in Shaco, there are many solutions to it, but nerfing box duration is just not a reasonable one.
I have actually seen Shaco gank bot level 3 while both sides laners were still level 1 since making the box AoE. No exaggeration. I have seen it happen. I know it's just a guess and I don't really know what was going through Riot's head when they made these nerfs, but my best guess is that it was a temporary solution to the problem and a more permanent solution, such as nerfing the box's AoE damage, armor, duration after triggering, or something to that effect will be coming in the next couple of patches to get him into a more balanced state for the long term. Denying him that level 3 gank while the bot laners are still level 1, but still allowing him to survive and thrive in the game and particularly in the early lane phase.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L2y6Y1qu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:12:17.003+0000) > > Correction on Senna's role: She is designed as a high-utility ADC. Ashe is a champion we have right now filling that role. She seems to be designed to be able to play as a support and lane with Lucian, but to be a primary marksman with unconventional methods for approaching a fight. From today's Road Map: "As many of you recently saw, the next new champion will be Senna, a very non-traditional marksman coming to League soon. When we were creating Senna, we knew she should be a marksman, but we also thought she should be able to lane with Lucian. We felt there was a great opportunity for them to work together, with Lucian up close and personal and Senna backing him from a distance with a massive Relic Cannon. With this in mind, we went about building a supportive marksman with a blend of damage and utility." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/ > > She is a marksman designed to duo lane with Lucian as his equal or to be the primary ADC for the team. Either way, she will likely have some amount of CC and/or vision control, similarly to Ashe. "Marksmen" =/= "ADC" >.>
> [{quoted}](name=Lintu Puck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L2y6Y1qu,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:22:21.793+0000) > > "Marksmen" =/= "ADC" >.> Every marksman in the game right now is designed for the bottom lane as an ADC except for Kindred. I think she's going to end up being similar to Ashe: a utility marksman that can output the damage to be the primary ADC, but who also has the utility to be able to be a support with relative amounts of viability. Just leaning more heavily into making supporting as her viable.
: Riot please reply, do you guys EVER play your own game? Oh have you guys ever played Shaco?
They nerfed the box duration because they didn't want to remove the AoE, but it was absolutely busted that he could reliably get level 3 and gank bot lane while the bot lane was still level 1. I think they should have just nerfed the time that the box is active, or possibly lowered the AoE damage even more, or lowered the box's armor. Something to hit the box that didn't screw with his clear too hard. But a change was needed. It's likely that they made this just as a quick "Holy shit this needs to be fixed right now or Shaco's gonna be pick or ban for this entire patch" and are working on a longer term solution to come out in the next patch or 2.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L2y6Y1qu,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:12:17.003+0000) > > Correction on Senna's role: She is designed as a high-utility ADC. Ashe is a champion we have right now filling that role. She seems to be designed to be able to play as a support and lane with Lucian, but to be a primary marksman with unconventional methods for approaching a fight. From today's Road Map: "As many of you recently saw, the next new champion will be Senna, a very non-traditional marksman coming to League soon. When we were creating Senna, we knew she should be a marksman, but we also thought she should be able to lane with Lucian. We felt there was a great opportunity for them to work together, with Lucian up close and personal and Senna backing him from a distance with a massive Relic Cannon. With this in mind, we went about building a supportive marksman with a blend of damage and utility." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/ > > She is a marksman designed to duo lane with Lucian as his equal or to be the primary ADC for the team. Either way, she will likely have some amount of CC and/or vision control, similarly to Ashe. Yeap I just edited it now, In terms of a gameplay, I am assuming she is like Miss fortune as well in terms of playing as ADC/Supp but more of an active support pick than Miss fortune for sure. I do like the design of extra roles for characters, but I am mainly interested in how they will end up communicating in game, if like Rakan and Xayah, that would be interesting.
> [{quoted}](name=I say Facts,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=L2y6Y1qu,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-16T21:16:28.068+0000) > > Yeap I just edited it now, In terms of a gameplay, I am assuming she is like Miss fortune as well in terms of playing as ADC/Supp but more of an active support pick than Miss fortune for sure. > I do like the design of extra roles for characters, but I am mainly interested in how they will end up communicating in game, if like Rakan and Xayah, that would be interesting. Xayah and Rakan are like an ADC/Support relationship. Lucian and Senna would be closer to an ADC/ADC relationship. Also, Miss Fortune was picked as a support in pro play just to counter Zyra, and shouldn't be picked support in any other situation because she doesn't do enough as a support compared to as an ADC. Ashe I could at least see the argument for her being played as a support in a game, but it wouldn't be her ideal.
: I didnt mean that they need to pick from the comments, i just meant that you see the same comments for years, like star g urgot. Thnx for replying, I really appreciate it! I actually dont agree with your point in the tristana skin. Those skins were allready made.. The player didnt have much impact on the proces, only for the release. It was basicly riot saying 'you get a trist skin, pick one', rather than that the player gets what it wants.. It is like I said, Riot listens to us, but they will allways give their own spin to it. In my idea, the tables are turned, but will give riot much profit by having a satisfied fanbase plus lots of ka ching. But I guess your right.. They are bringing enough skins i guess with each patch/holiday/event.. :(
I don't think that they're going to be able to make skins based on the community. With the skins I mentioned, they already had the very basic early concept art down for them, but they didn't have any of the models, visuals, VO changes, texture maps, or anything else. Currently in college for game design, there's a lot more that goes into the creation of a skin than just the concept arts that they had made. My school has digital media as a blanket major with 4 concentrations in it: game design, visualization, animation, and VFX. All 4 of these concentrations would be used in the creation of a skin for the game: visualization for the concept art, animation for creating and animating the model, VFX for the particle effects of the skin, and game design for making sure that it fits and isn't super glitchy in the game's worldspace. For them to go through this process with voting at every stage would take probably over a year for each skin, assuming the polls were open for a month, and would take a lot more time and resources than Riot has.
: Thank you Riot, you are great but you are missing important objects in game...
Correction on Senna's role: She is designed as a high-utility ADC. Ashe is a champion we have right now filling that role. She seems to be designed to be able to play as a support and lane with Lucian, but to be a primary marksman with unconventional methods for approaching a fight. From today's Road Map: "As many of you recently saw, the next new champion will be Senna, a very non-traditional marksman coming to League soon. When we were creating Senna, we knew she should be a marksman, but we also thought she should be able to lane with Lucian. We felt there was a great opportunity for them to work together, with Lucian up close and personal and Senna backing him from a distance with a massive Relic Cannon. With this in mind, we went about building a supportive marksman with a blend of damage and utility." https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/ She is a marksman designed to duo lane with Lucian as his equal or to be the primary ADC for the team. Either way, she will likely have some amount of CC and/or vision control, similarly to Ashe.
: So any news on Fid Rework so far?
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/ Fiddlesticks and Volibear are mentioned here, as well as some design info on Senna, the champion after her (who is also an ADC and appears to be a Lunari champion. The way they talk about it makes me wonder of they finally did the "ranged Udyr" design that they wanted to with Jinx). The champion after that is going to be a brawler from an Ionian underground fighting ring, designed as a true "run at them slowly, but be tanky and hit really hard" juggernaut. Fiddlesticks is their next mention, and Volibear is their last. I don't expect Fiddlesticks during the preseason, but possibly during the early parts of the 2020 season. I wouldn't be surprised if he releases January/February next year.
Zaburan (NA)
: Login Error
Mine has been doing that too. I've tried running it as an administrator and restarting my computer. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling/reinstalling, which I really hope I don't have to do.
: Profit for both Riot and players
Star guardian Urgot has been a meme for years now. I doubt Riot will ever actually do it. As for a community skin type thing, I like the idea, but Riot already does something kinda similar. Namely, the past few years, they've had a couple of votings on which of 3 skin designs people like for a champion. Last year, it was Tristana, and the result was that Demon Tristana skin. The year before, it was Illaoi, with the result being Resistance Illaoi. I get where your head is, but this voting is similar enough and is a lot more streamlined than going based on FB/YT/Twitch comments.
: Wait htf is she supposed to have a gun when Lucian has both of their guns because he kept it after she got snatched?? REEEEEEEEE Riot you make me so angry. Your lore has more got damn plot holes than a WattPad trending story. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
> [{quoted}](name=OtakuBurrito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FxnhHQE8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-16T20:33:39.983+0000) > > Wait htf is she supposed to have a gun when Lucian has both of their guns because he kept it after she got snatched?? REEEEEEEEE Riot you make me so angry. Your lore has more got damn plot holes than a WattPad trending story. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} Her gun appears to be a relic from the Blessed Isles. Also, in the Senna: Shadow's Embrace video, one of Lucian's guns gets broken in half. Anyway, we don't really know anything about her kit or her story yet, aside from the fact that she's a utility ADC and that she has longer range than Lucian, being designed to be able to play support and cover Lucian from the back line if they lane together. The road map, where they talk about her: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/
: Imma say it...(rant)
Riot has said that she is an ADC that's designed to be able to lane with Lucian as his support. I imagine she'll be an ADC in a similar vein as Ashe, who is an ADC with less overall damage than other ADCs, but who has a lot of CC and vision capabilities. From the road map that released today: "As many of you recently saw, the next new champion will be Senna, a very non-traditional marksman coming to League soon. When we were creating Senna, we knew she should be a marksman, but we also thought she should be able to lane with Lucian. We felt there was a great opportunity for them to work together, with Lucian up close and personal and Senna backing him from a distance with a massive Relic Cannon. With this in mind, we went about building a supportive marksman with a blend of damage and utility." And here's the link to that road map: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/ As for her appearance, I don't think it was ever really described to us. We saw a greened out version of it in the Lucian teaser, but can the colors on there really be considered accurate? I mean, even if it was converted to grayscale and played around with, the colors in it are designed less to reflect her actual visuals and more to reflect her spirit trapped in the lantern. Looking at her in this teaser, I always imagined her to be darker skinned, like Lucian is. Yes, the hair is different; in The Purifier's Resolve, her hair was loose flowing, and in her release, it's in (would you call those dreadlocks or braids? I don't know, I don't really know hair stuff, the point is it's more controlled than in Lucian's teaser). As for her facial and body structure, she looks older and a lot less innocent. And why wouldn't she? In the lore, she was stuck in the lantern for probably around a decade. Of course she wouldn't look the same. Honestly, I could see complaints about her clothes being different, but not about her physical appearance. Even if she was supposed to be blond hair/pale skin/blue eyes, I honestly prefer her in the darker skin version. And a lot of the lore from around the time when Lucian was released is shaky because it was in the midst of the lore retcon. They can change her how she wants. A lot of the SJW types are happy that we finally have a black woman in League (because apparently Karma and Illaoi don't count even though they are darker skin because they're meant to resemble a more Hindu look for Karma or Pacific Islander look for Illaoi). I simply think her visual design looks amazing. I do wish she had some more scars or damage on her to show the time she spent in the lantern, but that's a minor complaint in comparison. And the fact still remains that we don't know much about her kit yet. The last time Riot talked about her, they said that she was going to be an ADC with very unconventional means of approaching a fight. Yes, she is designed to be able to lane with Lucian, but their lane relationship is meant to be less of Carry and Healer and more of You get close, I'll cover you from range. She's meant to be an ADC who _CAN_ be played as a support viably, but will still do ADC things even from the support role. Similarly to how Pyke is an assassin in the support role or to how Kindred is an ADC in the jungle. She is NOT meant to be sidelined as Lucian's Rakan. She is meant to be his equal in the game when they are both played together.
Rioter Comments
: Did I just get DDoSd in a silver game?
DDoSing is basically flooding the servers to the point where they crash. Drop hacking pushes individual players out of a game. That game also completely disappears out of that player's match history. If the game you got dropped out of isn't in your match history, that's what happened.
Rioter Comments
: [GAMEPLAY] Jhin can flash during his w
His W doesn't say that it's a channel. It's an animation and yes, you can cancel it. You can't, say, flash during Lux ultimate even though that's also not a channel, but you can flash as Vayne while your E is in the air to reposition it, you can cancel Lee Sin's ultimate animation with a flash to change the direction, heck, you can even flash during the ground pound animation of Alistar's Q just before it hits the ground to reposition the knockup or flash at the end of a Yasuo E into the whirlwind around you Q. There are a lot of animation cancel combos like this. Simply put, I don't think it's a bug, though it might be.
: That Swain is mild you seriously can't be complaining. I once had a Pyke sup who genuinely thought that ulting the enemy turret would "execute" the turret, despite our whole team and all of the enemy team telling him that's not how it works respectfully and politely. Yeah, that game was fun.
Maybe he was a Ziggs main. Ziggs's W does that.
: play ranked.. This is laughably mild compared to what I see in bronze, silver, and low gold... and those are RANKED games.. yet people throw them on purpose for the tiniest issue.
Surprisingly enough, I get much fewer trolls in my ranked games. I'm in gold 4 right now in ranked and I get better players that don't just AFK at the slightest trigger there pretty much ever. I played a burst of ranked games a little while ago and climbed from silver 4 to gold 4 in a day and since, I've been back to playing normals and everyone has been significantly more toxic than before I climbed.
: theres way worse than this type.
One guy that I wanted to complain about, but part of the complaint was his summoner name and I know that that's not allowed to be published on the boards, was a Draven player whose summoner name was EpsteinIslandFun who spent the whole game making %%%% jokes. And then another example from my most recent game, I played Jhin my support played full AP Alistar. Every teamfight, enemy Rammus was pressing Q and running straight through all 4 of my other team members, all of whom can stop him with the push of a button, to me. He gets the knockup on me with his Q, Yasuo ults to me, and I die with nothing I can do about it. My Alistar spends the entire game going "Jhin pls stay behind me" when I was and he was just ignoring the Rammus running through them. He ends the game off by declaring me a noob ADC when the enemy Yasuo solo carries, even after I put the enemy Vayne completely out of the game near singlehandedly with Rammus and Yasuo camping bot. Seriously, even our Ezreal mid could've pressed E to jump into his path and take the hit for me to stop him and we would've won the game off of that, but instead nobody did anything. Of course, the ideal was for Alistar to WQ combo him every time he ran at me and then I just shoot him to death while using my passive to kite and he wouldn't be able to reach me fast enough, but that's not how it went in the slightest.
Rioter Comments
: The Ornn buff is the only thing that makes sense!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5lHeuI-Jw This guy is a high diamond player and he agrees with a lot of the changes in this patch, and with some changes, he even says that they should have gone further. As an example, the Kai'Sa changes. What he says in that video is that Kai'Sa is the strongest ADC right now by a good margin and deserves more nerfs than she got. He also explains why Akali keeps getting nerfed is because diamond Akali players are literally unbeatable on that champion, similarly to how Azir was back in the day. Not particularly good in the hands of a lower tier player, but in the hands of someone who has mastered that champion, she is an unstoppable god.
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: 'Mage' ADC?
Pretty sure Ezreal was initially designed to be a mage. And then people figured out that his Q applied on-hit effects and I think it could originally crit, so they started building him ADC and it just stuck.
: Imagine if any non ADC had a 53% win rate with a 21.2% win rate
: Riot, working on TFT in 2019
Welcome to CertainlyT in a nutshell. That guy should not be designing multiplayer games. He has actually said in an interview that it's "not my job to balance things."
Rioter Comments
Calenne (NA)
: Why is riot having maintenance during the afternoon?
That's what they usually do, but this time, for some unknown reason, they didn't. I just got dropped in the middle of a 40 minute game, panicking about what's wrong why am i attempting to reconnect, only to x out of the client and jump back in and see that the servers were down for maintenance. I just thought it was ranked that was going down.
: Kalisa needs new skins
Kalista won't be getting a new skin until Riot decide how to change her to make her balanced. As her kit is right now, in order to be good in lower levels of play, she has to be 100% of the time pick or ban in pro play. In order to be balanced in pro play, she has to be 30% win rate in lower tiers. While Riot will typically balance to the higher levels of play, they also want champions to be playable both in high and low tiers without being too overbearing or underwhelming in one or the other. A big thing about Kalista that causes this need is her team reliance. She is highly reliant on a single teammate, her support, as she straight up doesn't have an ultimate if that player leaves her. However, her other issues include that she has just too much stuff: dashes on every auto, an execute that can kill dragon/baron earlier than Nunu, her ultimate is an insanely powerful engage, and she has a free vision tool. As such, Riot doesn't want to influence people to play her by making new skins for her.
: Why is Katarina allowed to snowball so much?
Because snowballing isn't something that happens consistently or even easily on her anymore and if she doesn't snowball, she's useless.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EbvTb1AI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-11T11:44:11.219+0000) > > First off, cool name. Second, don't randomly play champions to try and synergize with your team. I'm looking over at your champions list on OP.gg right now to see what I can really offer. I would suggest taking a look there yourself. Stop playing any champion you have more than 20 games on and a negative win rate, first off. Second, you have 69 champions played this season. From 51 downwards, you only played a single game on that champion. 52 onward is losses. That's 17 games that you played a random champion you'd never played before and lost, when you could potentially have won them if you'd played something you already know. > > Your Neeko and Ekko both seem fine, especially your Ekko. He's your lowest death champion. Your jinx also seems to be amazing, being your highest win rate. Neeko and Irelia are also pretty good for you. I would focus on playing those 4 champions as you've been playing them. Just those 4. Huzzy, who is a diamond 1 player on EUW, does these op.gg reviews for his fans a lot and his biggest things are always more control wards (something I need to work on myself, but you don't really seem to) and shrink the champion pool. He recommends keeping 3-5 champions in your pool, so focusing in on those 4 is the best thing for you. Thank you for your feedback. I'll take it to heart and try to correct my faults. I'll main the champions you mentionned then. Thank you so much.
> [{quoted}](name=Abstrakted,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EbvTb1AI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-06-11T17:46:09.586+0000) > > Thank you for your feedback. I'll take it to heart and try to correct my faults. I'll main the champions you mentionned then. Thank you so much. It's also not a bad idea to try to find a secondary champion to pick up for bottom lane. Your other most-picked bot laners, Caitlyn and Kai'Sa, are both pretty low. Namely, your win rate on them is below 50% with 20+ games, and as Huzzy suggested, that might just show that those champions are not for you. I believe one of them was like 49%, so that one is potentially fine to be your secondary, but a pick similar to Jinx would be better for you I think. Try practicing Twitch in some normal games, see if you like him at all. He's kinda like Jinx, but simpler. I would go with the basic build on Champion.gg for now. Being a main of him myself, I have my own rune build that I like and I don't recommend trying it because I know what I'm doing on hima lot better than you would, being new. Why I recommend Twitch is because his play style as a late game AoE hypercarry is very similar to Jinx's. That being said, he does have his differences, mainly in the early game. His range is lower except for the 5 seconds that his ultimate is active. His damage, however, is very high. Here's how I recommend building him (and Jinx too) for items: {{item:1038}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3087}}, from here, branch off based on the game: Surviving longer fights: {{item:3072}} {{item:3036}} Surviving Burst: {{item:3046}} {{item:3026}} (also gives 100% crit chance) Big Twitch Things to Remember: 1: Passive does 1-6 DPS/Stack, 6 stacks max based on level. Potions heal more health per second than the passive deals until you reach level 6. At level 6, passive does 2DPS with max stacks. 2: E does a very surprising amount of early damage. Don't underestimate it. My personal rune build maximizes this damage for early fights to try to get fed. 3: Q resets whenever an enemy dies with your passive on them and gives attack speed as you exit stealth. Use this to your advantage to keep resetting in teamfights. A very viable strategy to use in teamfights if you're afraid of enemy assassins, but know that you can take the enemy back line, is to become an assassin yourself, stealthing and moving to the enemy backline before ulting and taking them out while their front line is distracted, using stealth to reposition afterwards before joining your team in fighting the front line. 4: You are surprisingly bad at taking down tanks if you don't buy {{item:3153}} and {{item:3036}}. Work with what you need for the game. If the enemy team has a big pure tank, it's typically better to skip the early BF for BoRK, then go into the regular build. Last item will be the LDR. 5: Your Q is an attack speed steroid and your ult is an attack damage and range steroid. The double steroid there is a lot more valuable than it seems.
: I just can't.
First off, cool name. Second, don't randomly play champions to try and synergize with your team. I'm looking over at your champions list on OP.gg right now to see what I can really offer. I would suggest taking a look there yourself. Stop playing any champion you have more than 20 games on and a negative win rate, first off. Second, you have 69 champions played this season. From 51 downwards, you only played a single game on that champion. 52 onward is losses. That's 17 games that you played a random champion you'd never played before and lost, when you could potentially have won them if you'd played something you already know. Your Neeko and Ekko both seem fine, especially your Ekko. He's your lowest death champion. Your jinx also seems to be amazing, being your highest win rate. Neeko and Irelia are also pretty good for you. I would focus on playing those 4 champions as you've been playing them. Just those 4. Huzzy, who is a diamond 1 player on EUW, does these op.gg reviews for his fans a lot and his biggest things are always more control wards (something I need to work on myself, but you don't really seem to) and shrink the champion pool. He recommends keeping 3-5 champions in your pool, so focusing in on those 4 is the best thing for you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yLtXZRh7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-11T10:45:14.693+0000) > > Their playerbase is the highest it's ever been at 100mil+ > > It's just that Plat/Diamond players rarely play anything aside from ranked, so their matchmaking has to put them in games with lower tier players. If they have 20+ minute queue times for Ranked, where most people in that rating are playing, imagine what their queue times would be in normals were they locked to playing in their rating. > > It's also true that normal and ranked MMR's aren't linked at all, which, while I feel like ranked MMR should influence normal MMR to an extent, is also understandable because higher rating players don't play normals very often. If they are, it's either to detilt after a loss streak and just shut their brains off (in which case, playing against low tier players is alright because they won't be playing at their real level) or because they're playing with friends that are low tier (again, fine because they're likely just gonna troll). To think that a Plat/Diamond player is in every one of your normal games playing at a serious level is just plain ignorance about these players' routines. You had me interested and listening up until you put words in my mouth, Plat and diamond players are fundamentally playing to win unless they're doing something that is completely dumb with the intent of not winning. Regardless of what you THINK, these players are playing to win because...SURPRISE! that's the point of a league match. Also you must have not read the reply I made after my OP I said that matchmaking should attempt to fill the gap with players that would make up for the discrepancy. https://imgur.com/a/lboUqcf Tell me how this is a fair matchmaking system, I'll wait.
It's fair because that's 1 single isolated game. I rarely see plat/diamond players in my normal games, and when I do, I tend to absolutely destroy them. If it's not ranked, why should they care? They're high rank because they, for the most part, only play ranked. I'm silver 4, and if I can comfortably stomp a plat/diamond player in a normal game, I can be sure that they weren't playing seriously.
: Can we stop matching plats and diamonds against fucking silvers and bronzes in norms please?
Their playerbase is the highest it's ever been at 100mil+ It's just that Plat/Diamond players rarely play anything aside from ranked, so their matchmaking has to put them in games with lower tier players. If they have 20+ minute queue times for Ranked, where most people in that rating are playing, imagine what their queue times would be in normals were they locked to playing in their rating. It's also true that normal and ranked MMR's aren't linked at all, which, while I feel like ranked MMR should influence normal MMR to an extent, is also understandable because higher rating players don't play normals very often. If they are, it's either to detilt after a loss streak and just shut their brains off (in which case, playing against low tier players is alright because they won't be playing at their real level) or because they're playing with friends that are low tier (again, fine because they're likely just gonna troll). To think that a Plat/Diamond player is in every one of your normal games playing at a serious level is just plain ignorance about these players' routines.
: > [{quoted}](name=Brutalitops01,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ORRqZJA5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-17T00:15:34.999+0000) > > {{champion:141}} Am I nothing to you??? He's classed as a fighter, apparently.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ORRqZJA5,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-17T00:17:11.282+0000) > > He's classed as a fighter, apparently. Probably because of the existence of Red Kayn.
: The next new champion that is an assassin
{{champion:141}} Am I nothing to you???
: Memory full
Simply put, the amount of data that your computer can store is likely full. This is not a bug relating to League, it simply means that you need to clear some stuff off of your computer. Ccleaner is really good at cleaning unnecessary files, and I highly recommend downloading and running it.
DarkClown07 (EUNE)
: New Champion (Yuumi)
LOL complaining that a champion with a 28% win rate is the most broken champion in the game. Truth is, if you're not garbage, playing against a Yuumi is an auto-win right now.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: Yuumi so far...
My main thing with Yuumi is that her damage and healing off of her Q and E are too low. She's also forced to max W first because without it, you're making yourself not be a champion while also not providing much benefit to the carry.
Show more

Brutalitops01

Level 177 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion