: A game cannot grow bigger forever
I can only imagine how quickly League will crash when Riot's Asian audience switches to a game better designed for being played in such short windows.
RengClaw (NA)
: well time to permaban yas again
Implying there wasn't a time to not ban him.
: The nicest and rudest adc mains iyo
{{champion:21}} main here I don't get rude until you've repeatedly ignored me telling you to grab the cannon/melee minions by burning your relic charges on casters. I need those little shits for my Q. You should also avoid blaming me for when a play goes bad because you think you can flash hook the fleeing enemy as Thresh when the minion wave is right outside our tower and we don't have wards to see the enemy jungle who is actually right there to follow up.
jukey60 (EUW)
: Syndra Bowling Themed Skin (Concept)
Dodgeball theme would be better, as she is literally throwing balls.
Kurorade (NA)
: Definitely Not Neeko, I made a post a while ago on this lol.
> [{quoted}](name=Kurorade,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EgREJmwX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-18T15:57:25.357+0000) > > Definitely Not Neeko, I made a post a while ago on this lol. But how does that skin work when it's part of her kit? And why didn't you link the post or summarise it here?
Joneecc (NA)
: Chat restriction
Then I suppose you won't mind losing your account to a permanent ban after you earn a 14 day suspension and shrug it off as "it's just snowflakes getting triggered. They won't ban me for words."
: Could be interesting. Though, Braum using Draven's face as a shield would be better imo than a big knife.
> [{quoted}](name=Silly Neeko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EgREJmwX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-18T13:06:56.726+0000) > > Could be interesting. Though, Braum using Draven's face as a shield would be better imo than a big knife. You're right. That is better and very much in the vein of Draven.
Rioter Comments
drash79 (NA)
: Petition to give Leona a skin with a Mustache
But... {{champion:201}} already has a mustache. Also, that's usually for a "Definitely Not..." skin. I think that it would be much more humorous if we had a "Definitely Not Braum" skin where he wears Draven's mustache and a "Definitely Not Draven" that wears Braum's mustache.
: Some of these systems are pretty complex, so I'll have to lean on another designer for more info. Will update this thread once we have more information about whether this is the same as before, intended, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot SapMagic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ormI96YO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-18T06:03:07.082+0000) > > Some of these systems are pretty complex, so I'll have to lean on another designer for more info. Will update this thread once we have more information about whether this is the same as before, intended, etc. I know MMR can't shield you from division demotion unless it's EXTREMELY high, but it will shield you from tier demotion unless it's REALLY low.
: You now have the ability to add any 1 form of CC to 1 champions ability
0.25 second Suppression on each hit of Miss Fortune's Ultimate Because it's anti fun to have an enemy walk out of your ultimate because your teammates refuse to apply their crowd control to help you.
RengClaw (NA)
: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
How exactly is that news?
: > [{quoted}](name=nosafterburn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xgUMgMAt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T20:15:46.115+0000) > > not realla a surpirsing answer from someone with a name like yours. haters be hating. You must have a bad taste in games if you think Mortal Kombat is good. It's one of the most casual fighting games out there. The gameplay is trash, the characters are dull and trash. Everything about this game is absolute trash. It takes absolutely no skill to play. If you want to know what good fighting games are then I can name some for you.for you. Guilty Gear, Tekken, Dragonball Fighterz, Blazblue, Injustice, etc. These are fighting games that take actual skill. Mortal Kombat is for people who cant play real fighting games.
> [{quoted}](name=ThisGamelsTrash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xgUMgMAt,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T20:21:54.050+0000) > > You must have a bad taste in games if you think Mortal Kombat is good. It's one of the most casual fighting games out there. The gameplay is trash, the characters are dull and trash. Everything about this game is absolute trash. It takes absolutely no skill to play. > > If you want to know what good fighting games are then I can name some for you.for you. Guilty Gear, Tekken, Dragonball Fighterz, Blazblue, Injustice, etc. These are fighting games that take actual skill. Mortal Kombat is for people who cant play real fighting games. You do realize Injustice and Mortal Kombat are made by the same company, right?
: so the new mortal kombat trailer looks pretty dope.
The lyrics detracted from it, though. I'm excited for Mortal Kombat 11 myself, and I'm very curious as to where they're taking the story.
nonstart (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FUkmAUy,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T09:49:46.201+0000) > > "It's oppressive to punish someone for breaking the rules!" > > So why do we bother with enforcing laws? I’m saying it’s a way to harsh punishment for essentially what are just words of someone who is mad about a game it doesn’t represent them as a person or player everyone gets mad every once and a while but no riot say even though you might have been angry at the moment and another player is egging you on you perma lose your account all that money and time investment because you got mad once how dare players get mad riot says it understands that league is a competitive game but they really don’t
> [{quoted}](name=nonstart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FUkmAUy,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T10:08:33.764+0000) > > I’m saying it’s a way to harsh punishment for essentially what are just words of someone who is mad about a game it doesn’t represent them as a person or player everyone gets mad every once and a while but no riot say even though you might have been angry at the moment and another player is egging you on you perma lose your account all that money and time investment because you got mad once how dare players get mad riot says it understands that league is a competitive game but they really don’t Do you have any idea how much it takes to be permanently banned for "just a few unwanted words" without hitting any zero tolerance lines? It takes a lot, and a measure of consistency that's only for those dedicated to "I'm allowed to say what I want because it's just words". I understand getting heated over a competitive game, but at a certain point it's clear a simple pop up warning isn't going to remind you to cut the crap. If you're STILL not cutting the crap after 35 chat restricted games, it's a natural escalation to a 14-day suspension. If a 14-day suspension for words isn't harsh enough for you to correct the behavior, it's only going to be escalated further into a permanent ban. In other words, there are PLENTY of chances for someone to "have a bad day/week/month" without getting permanently banned. So don't give me crap about "one game got me perma'd!"
: When you take 1 cs from ADC.
That's actually my reaction when my relic support is using the charges on the casters instead of the melee/cannons I'm pinging them to take.
nonstart (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FUkmAUy,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T09:27:01.771+0000) > > I am not playing the game to listen to someone rage over comms at me after I don't follow when I see them making an exceptionally stupid chase. > You are not ENTITLED to saying whatever you want, whenever you want and without any consequences whatsoever. > > It's not Orwellian just because you don't like it. It's not "oppressive" just because you can't restrain yourself. And there's plenty of ways to be a jackass without touching zero tolerance words or direct insults. Sorry you got so triggered but yes taking away someone’s account which they potentially have spent a lot of money over someone being offended is oppressive and personally I don’t flame in game I just disagree with the policy Your rage at me suggesting the policy is wrong is a lot more telling about you then me do you like trying to control peoples speech irl as well because let me tell you that authoritarian view is not a good look on life friend
> [{quoted}](name=nonstart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FUkmAUy,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-17T09:37:48.125+0000) > > Sorry you got so triggered but yes taking away someone’s account which they potentially have spent a lot of money over someone being offended is oppressive and personally I don’t flame in game I just disagree with the policy Your rage at me suggesting the policy is wrong is a lot more telling about you then me do you like trying to control peoples speech irl as well because let me tell you that authoritarian view is not a good look on life friend "It's oppressive to punish someone for breaking the rules!" So why do we bother with enforcing laws?
nonstart (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FUkmAUy,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-17T08:54:52.812+0000) > > There's a multitude of reasons and all of them outweigh the "potential cooperation gained". > > - Splitting the community between which comms are to be used. > - Riot's inability to monitor and track abuse of voice comms > - Increased ability to disrupt other players > - people would use it to avoid punishment and for privacy concerns Riot won't release the audio files. > > That's why voice comms are restricted to parties only. So because riot can’t keep their oppressive regime of your not allowed to say words we don’t like or your banned we shouldn’t have voice chat doesn’t that seem I don’t know Orwellian to you?
> [{quoted}](name=nonstart,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9FUkmAUy,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-17T09:12:08.149+0000) > > So because riot can’t keep their oppressive regime of your not allowed to say words we don’t like or your banned we shouldn’t have voice chat doesn’t that seem I don’t know Orwellian to you? I am not playing the game to listen to someone rage over comms at me after I don't follow when I see them making an exceptionally stupid chase. You are not ENTITLED to saying whatever you want, whenever you want and without any consequences whatsoever. It's not Orwellian just because you don't like it. It's not "oppressive" just because you can't restrain yourself. And there's plenty of ways to be a jackass without touching zero tolerance words or direct insults.
nonstart (NA)
: Voice chat
There's a multitude of reasons and all of them outweigh the "potential cooperation gained". - Splitting the community between which comms are to be used. - Riot's inability to monitor and track abuse of voice comms - Increased ability to disrupt other players - people would use it to avoid punishment and for privacy concerns Riot won't release the audio files. That's why voice comms are restricted to parties only.
: What is Shaco's race?
Good question. Probably a fiend from the shadow isles that wanted to savor his kills much like Draven but was less about putting on a show for everyone. Shaco would be much more inclined to come up with a well-executed, final destination-style set of traps for people simply for watching it all fall right into place because he could readily predict the actions of an average resident of Runeterra.
: Can We Not Do This to Infinity Edge
It won't fix ADC problems in this meta. What it will do is fix the item from being useless on its own. It'll be near impossible to fix the meta so Marksman have a better place again. That will require undoing a lot of changes including lethality items, juggernaut updates, and so on.
Destaice (NA)
: Which MTG color do you most associate with?
Black, but in this manner: I paid for the soda, and demand reparations when it is drank without my permission. Repeat offenders will not be tolerated and will result in buying me increasing amounts of soda to replace what was consumed.
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations Part 2
While I like most of the changes, I do have a few things I REALLY want to say. Phantom Dancer The build path here is terrible. There's no reason to swap one of the Daggers for Brawler's Glove when there is no increase in the critical chance compared to Hurricane. On top of this, I don't like putting Lifeline there in place of the single target damage reduction. Disregarding what I think you should do with Lifeline at this point, I had liked how Phantom had been more of a dueling Zeal upgrade while Hurricane was for constant team fighting, then Statik and RFC being forms of burst. Infinity Edge Going back to what you originally had (even if it's now nerfed) is a little questionable. However, it is still in the right direction because it is no longer an item that relies on another item to gain its full effects. This was a problem on Essence Reaver that you specifically mentioned in the original critical rework and you simply put it onto IE instead. Other I think Stormrazor should have its critical based on Energized. This will give it added synergy to Zeal upgrades using Kirschei's Shard and would allow the shard to be introduced into the build in place of the dagger (and perhaps one of the long swords as well. I would like to see a third item that grants critical chance and AD. Make it IE that changes part of critical damage to true damage to give it tank buster synergy. But rather than making it double critical chance, give it a flat 25%. This will not only give critical players some variety in builds, but it will add another means to help them bust tanks.
Dynikus (NA)
: If you actually do the math, it's pretty absurd how long it would take to unlock every champion from a fresh account. I actually made a spreadsheet, if you unlock every champion with their skin shard (saving you 40%) you would still have to wait until level 300-350 (depending on how many FWOTDs you get along the way). If you buy every champion outright, you wouldn't unlock the full roster until level 500-550 (again, depending on how much BE you get from FWOTDs) And that number will only go up as more champions are released. Averaging about 1 level every 17.6 games (after you hit 30), that's anywhere from 4,752 to 9,152 games of summoner's rift. To unlock every champion without spending any money, it would take you anywhere from 2400 to almost 5000 hours. All that said, this is actually _faster_ than it was when IP was the main currency, as you _do_ get BE at a faster rate in comparison.
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Kjxkix5T,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-15T08:47:12.156+0000) > > If you actually do the math, it's pretty absurd how long it would take to unlock every champion from a fresh account. > I actually made a spreadsheet, if you unlock every champion with their skin shard (saving you 40%) you would still have to wait until level 300-350 (depending on how many FWOTDs you get along the way). > If you buy every champion outright, you wouldn't unlock the full roster until level 500-550 (again, depending on how much BE you get from FWOTDs) > And that number will only go up as more champions are released. > > Averaging about 1 level every 17.6 games (after you hit 30), that's anywhere from 4,752 to 9,152 games of summoner's rift. > To unlock every champion without spending any money, it would take you anywhere from 2400 to almost 5000 hours. > > > All that said, this is actually _faster_ than it was when IP was the main currency, as you _do_ get BE at a faster rate in comparison. You do remember that leveling slows down continuously over a cycle of 500+ levels, right? This isn't even considering the fact that 6300/4800 tiers make up just over half of the roster and those have an extremely low drop rate because you're almost forced into 810/900 per level (4800 grants just over 900 when dusted, 6300 grant 1230). EDIT: I just double checked. There's 83 champions priced 4800 and higher (32 at 6300, 51 at 4800). For being over half the roster, they drop surprisingly little. So you can expect to be outright paying the full price before getting their respective shards.
Jenivie (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xE22Qijw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-15T23:31:51.525+0000) > > The only part that's being "scrapped" is her bonus damage to shields. > > Her ultimate still disarms, just not after it flies out anymore. "[Removed] No longer disarms enemies passing through the wall" her disarm as a whole is gone, it never disarmed just by landing it on somebody.
> [{quoted}](name=Jenivie,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xE22Qijw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-16T00:06:56.190+0000) > > "[Removed] No longer disarms enemies passing through the wall" > her disarm as a whole is gone, it never disarmed just by landing it on somebody. I thought it disarmed on impact and wall. Either way, she's still gonna be pretty strong. She's not losing her attack speed, still keeping all of her Tri Force synergy, not losing any mobility.
Jenivie (NA)
: Thats how youre gonna deal with Irelia?
The only part that's being "scrapped" is her bonus damage to shields. Her ultimate still disarms, just not after it flies out anymore.
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2FxHL5Mp,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-15T21:33:13.229+0000) > > My favorite champ is Miss Fortune regardless of whether she's meta. I think she is highly popular on adc tier lists but I appreciate your response.
> [{quoted}](name=Ilovemobas,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2FxHL5Mp,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-01-15T21:39:16.476+0000) > > I think she is highly popular on adc tier lists but I appreciate your response. It's one of those things where I don't really have a favorite outside of her, so it's kinda hard to have an off-meta favorite if she's meta. On the other hand, I've played her mid (against mages) which is off-meta itself, so does that count?
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: Who is your favourite non-meta champion
My favorite champ is Miss Fortune regardless of whether she's meta.
: Who do you ban , and for what reason
{{champion:157}} is my permaban. Because fuck Windwall.
afmghost (NA)
: Walmart has downsized, closing 386 stores
I feel like those numbers should have been swapped...
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=000700000000000100000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T18:22:02.535+0000) > > Jesus... > > How many synonyms do I need to go through before people understand that AT NO POINT WHATSOEVER WERE THOSE PURCHASES PROPER, LEGITIMATE, OR OTHERWISE CORRECTLY MADE? > > The more you (or anyone else) nitpick my words the less credible your argument. None. I am not nitpicking your words. You are nitpicking Riot's words to try and make it sound as if these players did something illegal or immoral, when in reality they just had the opportunity to benefit from Riot's mistake. If Riot wanted to say these players did something wrong, they would've just simply said that. They didn't. They didn't say it at all. And if they wanted to say that, they would've. The fact they didn't say it means they didn't want to say that because it's not true.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=0007000000000001000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T18:27:37.684+0000) > > None. I am not nitpicking your words. > > You are nitpicking Riot's words to try and make it sound as if these players did something illegal or immoral, when in reality they just had the opportunity to benefit from Riot's mistake. > > If Riot wanted to say these players did something wrong, they would've just simply said that. They didn't. They didn't say it at all. And if they wanted to say that, they would've. The fact they didn't say it means they didn't want to say that because it's not true. Doesn't matter if they say "mixed with **legitimately obtained** items", right? Stop trying to defend those players.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=0007000000000001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T17:48:40.505+0000) > > Here's the full post regarding the issue: > > The following paragraph is what deems those purchases illicit through indirect reference: > > Bolded are the two parts that say that the contents from said capsules could mix with legitimately earned content, thus the 1 BE purchases were not legitimate. > > Riot's mistake was a configuration failure enabling that price in the first place. I feel it's also a major mistake to not go through the work required to correct it but it's pretty clear they have no intention either way. They did not say these were illegitimate. They said they were in error. Even still, illegitimate does not equal illicit. But you can't put words in their mouth. If they wanted to say these were illegitimate they would have said that word. Instead, they chose to only call them in error. They put the word they meant - and they meant the word they put. Period.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=00070000000000010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T17:59:50.619+0000) > > They did not say these were illegitimate. They said they were in error. Even still, illegitimate does not equal illicit. But you can't put words in their mouth. If they wanted to say these were illegitimate they would have said that word. Instead, they chose to only call them in error. They put the word they meant - and they meant the word they put. Period. Jesus... How many synonyms do I need to go through before people understand that AT NO POINT WHATSOEVER WERE THOSE PURCHASES PROPER, LEGITIMATE, OR OTHERWISE CORRECTLY MADE? The more you (or anyone else) nitpick my words the less credible your argument.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=00070000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T16:41:03.798+0000) > > - Ignorance of the rules does not excuse a lack of adherence. > - Riot failing to configure something properly for live servers DOES NOT entitle anyone else to claiming the price is legitimate. > - Riot has specifically said in their statement that the purchases WERE NOT legitimate. > > In other words, nobody other than Riot can claim that the price and/or purchases were legitimate. They had already declared them illicit, meaning they reserve the right to remove the content under "these purchases are invalid". Those players claiming they deserve to keep anything gained at that price are deluding themselves. > > So it really doesn't matter whether or not the player was aware that the 1 BE price was incorrect. The purchase at that price was deemed illicit. Those players are not entitled to keeping any of the content obtained (directly or indirectly) through those purchases at that price. You keep using the word illicit. All I can find Riot saying is that they were **mistaken** - the price was mistakenly set. If it was mistakenly set by Riot, it does matter, because a player who did not know the price was incorrect did absolutely nothing wrong, no matter what mistake the price had.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=000700000000000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T17:19:11.877+0000) > > You keep using the word illicit. All I can find Riot saying is that they were **mistaken** - the price was mistakenly set. If it was mistakenly set by Riot, it does matter, because a player who did not know the price was incorrect did absolutely nothing wrong, no matter what mistake the price had. Here's the full post regarding the issue: > [{quoted}](name=KenAdamsNSA,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=uk0MeJ18,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-12T01:36:57.723+0000) > > Hi folks, > > Yesterday an error in League's in-game store briefly made some expensive content available for Blue Essence. We want to explain a little more about what happened and how we'll prevent similar errors in the future. > > **What happened?** > > At 10AM PT on January 10th, the new Blood Moon capsules and Prestige Points went on sale. Because of a configuration error that resulted in PBE content making it to Live, you could purchase individual Prestige Points as well as individual Blood Moon capsules for just 1 BE apiece. > > The error was live on the store for 14 minutes. During that time, a few thousand players across all regions were able to take advantage of the situation and buy both Blood Moon capsules and Prestige Points using BE. In many regions, fewer than 100 players were able to take advantage of the error. > > Yesterday [I announced on Twitter](https://twitter.com/KenAdamsNSA/status/1083506611052634113) that we'll be reverting and refunding all BE-purchased Prestige Points along with the Aatrox Prestige skin. > > **But what about the capsules? ** > > For reasons I'll explain here, we won't be able to revert or remove the free Blood Moon capsules that players were able to purchase using BE. Lots of you have pointed out that this feels unfair, so we want to explain why we decided to do this. > > It's not too complicated of a process for us to manually remove **most** items from your inventory if we need to. If it's a single skin or a champion, we have tools to remove those quickly and effectively. > > However, it gets more complicated when we talk about capsules and other loot items, because it's a lot harder to track what players have done with the capsules after they open them. You can disenchant skin shards into orange essence, or reroll them using other skin shards you already owned (including ones you earned legitimately). Instead of reverting a single item, we'd have to revert potentially thousands of transactions made in the loot system. This would take us months to undo, as it’s a very manual and delicate process to ensure we don’t wipe out legitimate transactions accidentally. Additionally, it could revert perfectly normal actions, like LP gains, Mastery tokens, and more. > > Since we don't keep easily reversible backups of an earlier version of your account's state, properly reverting the capsules purchased using BE yesterday would be nearly impossible and come at the expense of other features we’re working on for players. For this reason, we're choosing to only take away the Prestige Points and Blood Moon Aatrox Prestige Editions that were obtained with BE. > > We're already taking steps to prevent this sort of mistake from ever happening again. > > Our first action will be to make internal test prices reflect Live prices for store content. This way, if content that shouldn’t be on Live accidentally makes it way out, it won’t be exploitable or priced incorrectly. > > In the long term, we're going to continue to explore the work needed to address issues like this in the future. In the off chance this happens again, we'll be able to respond quickly and appropriately. > > Thank you so much for your patience. The following paragraph is what deems those purchases illicit through indirect reference: > However, it gets more complicated when we talk about capsules and other loot items, because it's a lot harder to track what players have done with the capsules after they open them. **You can disenchant skin shards into orange essence, or reroll them using other skin shards you already owned (including ones you earned legitimately).** Instead of reverting a single item, we'd have to revert potentially thousands of transactions made in the loot system. **This would take us months to undo, as it’s a very manual and delicate process to ensure we don’t wipe out legitimate transactions accidentally.** Additionally, it could revert perfectly normal actions, like LP gains, Mastery tokens, and more. Bolded are the two parts that say that the contents from said capsules could mix with legitimately earned content, thus the 1 BE purchases were not legitimate. Riot's mistake was a configuration failure enabling that price in the first place. I feel it's also a major mistake to not go through the work required to correct it but it's pretty clear they have no intention either way.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=000700000000000100000001,timestamp=2019-01-14T19:08:22.930+0000) > > The manner you're doing so is disrespectful, yes. Now cut the attitude. > > Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And more wrong. And you still clearly cannot comprehend that there's a VERY clear difference that makes this analogy fail in regards to defending players keeping those items. > > They said they didn't want to do the work. They mentioned nothing about consideration for the outrage of 0.0023% of players who made the illicit purchases. > > Also, for the last time, the price was clearly incorrect. Players who used this should have expected their stuff to be removed. > > You're right, they can't do anything that cannot be legally enforced. The problem is that this is all legally enforceable. > > Fraudulent, in this context, is used as an adjective. And one of those definitions when looking it up with google: "unjustifiably claiming or being credited with particular accomplishment or qualities". This is where the purchases fall under, because the price listed was not in any way intended or accurate. > > Also, Riot specifically mentions in the Terms of Use that anything and everything on your account is nothing more than a license to use specific content. It's the same thing as software. You don't own the software, you simply own a copy that you're licensed to use. Any company that finds that you've misused or falsely acquired their software has the right to revoke the privilege of using the licensed copy you have. > > So now that you know that these skins can be equated to pirated software, all of which is owned by Riot, you should finally understand that this isn't equivalent to a store taking back purchases after a customer made them. And think about this for two minutes. If a product is mislabeled in a physical store, it will often still ring up correctly. The customer can then bring attention to the mistake, and it will be corrected immediately and the company either loses on one purchase or they show the customer where they made a mistake (because either side can be guilty of fucking up). > > Regardless of whether you accept that you're wrong, Riot should have done the work to correct the problem. It doesn't matter whether or not they punished those players, they simply should have corrected the illicit purchases at the bare minimum. I think you’re playing with words and using *very* slippery meanings: Fraudulent: “unjustifiably claiming or being credited with particular accomplishment or qualities”. They were not “unjustifiably claiming” or “unjustifiably being credited” with anything. They saw an item. They saw a listed price that appealed to them. They bought said item, and were debited the requisite price **as set by Riot**. They did not commit fraud - period. To prove they committed fraud, you must prove that it was known to the player that the price is incorrect (not just that they “should have” known or it’s “obvious”, you must prove they knew) and that they knowingly and willfully abused it to gain capsules they would not have *considered* buying otherwise (as the price cannot be taken into account in this - it was not a fraudulent price). You’ll never prove one of those things - much less both. Any player could claim “well I’ve really not looked at capsules before so I figured this was just a loss leader” or “well I was going to buy them anyway so like, why take them away”?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=0007000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-14T19:40:10.282+0000) > > I think you’re playing with words and using *very* slippery meanings: > > Fraudulent: “unjustifiably claiming or being credited with particular accomplishment or qualities”. > > They were not “unjustifiably claiming” or “unjustifiably being credited” with anything. They saw an item. They saw a listed price that appealed to them. They bought said item, and were debited the requisite price **as set by Riot**. They did not commit fraud - period. To prove they committed fraud, you must prove that it was known to the player that the price is incorrect (not just that they “should have” known or it’s “obvious”, you must prove they knew) and that they knowingly and willfully abused it to gain capsules they would not have *considered* buying otherwise (as the price cannot be taken into account in this - it was not a fraudulent price). > > You’ll never prove one of those things - much less both. Any player could claim “well I’ve really not looked at capsules before so I figured this was just a loss leader” or “well I was going to buy them anyway so like, why take them away”? - Ignorance of the rules does not excuse a lack of adherence. - Riot failing to configure something properly for live servers DOES NOT entitle anyone else to claiming the price is legitimate. - Riot has specifically said in their statement that the purchases WERE NOT legitimate. In other words, nobody other than Riot can claim that the price and/or purchases were legitimate. They had already declared them illicit, meaning they reserve the right to remove the content under "these purchases are invalid". Those players claiming they deserve to keep anything gained at that price are deluding themselves. So it really doesn't matter whether or not the player was aware that the 1 BE price was incorrect. The purchase at that price was deemed illicit. Those players are not entitled to keeping any of the content obtained (directly or indirectly) through those purchases at that price.
: besides the % magic resist. This is pretty reasonable depending on CDs. B) after some nerfs
Keep in mind, she's still immobile. The idea was to enable her AOE in team fights and give her a niche as a close range nuker.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FXHno6cI,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-01-14T23:50:18.885+0000) > > Pretty sure the largest share of their income is skin sales, not champion sales. > > Although I don't have any numbers to refer to, logically speaking skins do become a bigger source of income because you can buy more than one for your champ of choice. A Rioter directly stated that it was champion sales
> [{quoted}](name=Moons of Jupiter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FXHno6cI,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T16:09:55.564+0000) > > A Rioter directly stated that it was champion sales Mind linking?
: @duskdaumbreon - made me laugh before I could finish reading ty! @4 step cadence - guess no1 can recapture you if their dead... was it a good show? @Busty kunoichi - first to save the neeko. Enemy of your enemy is a interesting distraction. @Pandemic Punch - rule 1 of fighting singed... Some good ones to read, I myself would now be Janna saved by Brand... I too would try and save the neeko befriending the brand. Having him set the place on fire and I summon tornadoes to keep brand from following.
I mean, she (Neeko) is innocent in all of this and she's not really the type to just fight back. And I'm surprised more people didn't register that they're effectively clones of their champion now.
Spotty (NA)
: Why does it matter if someone paid to be boosted?
Two reasons. For any rank below Platinum, they don't need to play any more and will still get rewards they didn't earn. For the time they are being boosted, they are having other players earn their rank for them.
Candoodle (EUW)
: OTP opening their Loot tab
This is much more true when Keys were earned from wins.
: > [{quoted}](name=Inkling Commando,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Ahe88jX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-15T06:16:21.287+0000) > > half of it is trivia and the other half is common sense. > > > "back to back games? take a break" > "competitive BS is fine. hate speech, not so much" > "is someone makes you uncomfortable in game, mute them" > > > but with how this game is going players care more about the trivia rather than the common sense. Actually, it doesn't even say mute them (unless they changed it), it says report them. LOL.
> [{quoted}](name=Velzard of Koz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Ahe88jX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-15T14:31:16.394+0000) > > Actually, it doesn't even say mute them (unless they changed it), it says report them. LOL. It does say to report them, versus mute.
RainGunn (NA)
: TFW my smurf account got banned for scripting instead of any other possible reason.
Well, you can't prove it and Riot won't either because then scripters will find ways to avoid the detection.
Jinxalot (NA)
: Magic Penetration Question ??
Basically, penetration cannot treat MR as a negative value. So effects can reduce current MR below zero, penetration cannot treat MR as anything below zero.
: The new Essence Reaver and Spear of Shojin on the PBE
Critical MF is coming back. Reaver into IE Rush gonna be nasty. EDIT: What's the new Build Path for Reaver? It's clear they're not keeping the current based on the stats.
CLG ear (NA)
: where's your integrity
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wpu9h1x5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-15T13:32:03.182+0000) > > where's your integrity My what now?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=no3nimZ2,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-15T07:51:15.488+0000) > > Picture it this way. You have a hobby and that hobby has things you can buy for it. Something you're interested in getting for it is painted a different color and has its price hiked up to 10 times its normal value because of that. Would you not find that price increase unreasonable? Do you think a simple paint job justifies a 10x value? If you think so I'd like to hear your reasoning as to why. THEN DON'T BUY IT. It's that simple.
> [{quoted}](name=ARandomRedneck,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=no3nimZ2,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-15T12:16:57.543+0000) > > THEN DON'T BUY IT. It's that simple. Here's the problem with the logic for that particular bit of advice... For most people, they already refuse to buy it. So telling them "just don't buy it" means you're telling them to do something they're already doing. On top of this, at a certain point people want a good value for their money spent. Lancer Rogue/Paragon Blitzcrank is a rare case where the chroma is sold as a separate skin. The problem in this particular case was determining which one should be the base skin since there's only two. In regards to Lunar/Solar Eclipse Leona, they also had different animations and effects, so it made sense for these to be sold as two separate skins. For all of the Prestige skins so far, including Aatrox, it has been a higher price tag for an equivalent set of changes to a Chroma. We could tolerate the pass before because it wasn't a massive price increase. Aatrox sets a new bar, one that people don't like and don't want Riot to continue. So IN ADDITION to not simply buying it, they're GIVING THEIR FEEDBACK so the company knows for sure that people aren't buying it because there are customers that outright hate it, not simply have no interest in it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FXHno6cI,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-14T22:47:17.010+0000) > > The system rewards people that play League repeatedly and is shit for those that play one or two games a day. How does that make sense? It was nerfed for people who play repeatedly and buffed for people who only play for First Win of the Day.
> [{quoted}](name=Sewer Side,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FXHno6cI,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-01-14T23:22:07.575+0000) > > How does that make sense? > > It was nerfed for people who play repeatedly and buffed for people who only play for First Win of the Day. It's better for those who play less, but the whole system still nerfed income for everyone.
: O no! Mad scientist experiments on you.
I am now Miss Fortune. I am being rescued by Yasuo. I tell Yasuo "Hey, those armed guards? Those aren't minions. They're all champions on kill streaks." As I allow him to go 420blazeityoloZeroTenPowerspike, I drag Neeko with me to safety before I realize the original Miss Fortune is probably still trapped inside. Then I hear maniacal laughter and realize that those two are going to have one hell of a field day and walk into the sunset.
: Whoops, i went and got attracted to my coworker
Simple. Reverse your polarity to match theirs. Works with magnets, so why not?
: Make no mistake, the BE system was a way of reducing the player's ability to purchase champions by choice, without spending real money. This is intentional, and all the shit Riot said about it being a way to help new players was just a story to keep players from noticing the real reasons for the change. Riot has said before that their primary income is from player spending real money on champions, not skins, champions. So why would a progressively more greedy company want to help new players get champions? This BE system is only good for boosting their profits.
> [{quoted}](name=Moons of Jupiter,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FXHno6cI,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-14T22:45:56.184+0000) > > Make no mistake, the BE system was a way of reducing the player's ability to purchase champions by choice, without spending real money. This is intentional, and all the shit Riot said about it being a way to help new players was just a story to keep players from noticing the real reasons for the change. > > Riot has said before that their primary income is from player spending real money on champions, not skins, champions. So why would a progressively more greedy company want to help new players get champions? This BE system is only good for boosting their profits. Pretty sure the largest share of their income is skin sales, not champion sales. Although I don't have any numbers to refer to, logically speaking skins do become a bigger source of income because you can buy more than one for your champ of choice.
Show more

Busty Kunoichi

Level 53 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion