: Check out Elementalist Lux!
Could you give us a comprehensive list/name of the different elements or styles that Elementalist Lux uses? Any particular reason you chose these designs? What's your favorite element?
Adonna (NA)
: > Tickets are $54.50 ($43.50 base price + $11.00 service fees) for the Orchestra/Loge and $36.50 ($28.50 base price + $ 8.00 service fees) for the Balcony, plus applicable fees. Where is the main floor considered in this pricing? http://www.thechicagotheatre.com/seating.html for seating chart
I am wondering the exact same thing.
: Yeah, the ult was actually kind of the last thing to fall into place on the kit, and I think players on on point talking about how it's a little underwhelming. Lemmie explain. TL:DR; We wanted to focus power on the P/W, so the R had to either be (relatively) weak or complicated. Went with an ult that's mechanically really helpful for the character, but thematically pretty lame. - For this kit, we wanted to focus as much on the Stars of his Passive and W as we could. We found that we had a lot of fun, novel gameplay in a simple mechanic, but that it needed to hit pretty hard to be satisfying. So, when it came time to pick an ult, we didn't have a lot of power left to spare. Now, a Star Dragon should probably do something really, really flashy with his ultimate. Like, biggest-thing-in-the-game flashy. And we tried a half dozen different things trying to find it. The trick is, something big and flashy has to have a big impact to feel right, which means _more power_. A straightforward powerful ult (Ziggs, Lux) spends a lot of a character's power budget in one place - not a good fit, since we already had a lot of Aurelion's power earmarked for his W. The alternative is something like Nunu ult - powerful but _conditional_. You have to jump through hoops to make it work, which lowers its effective power without lowering its potential impact. Great! Let's do that! That's when _complexity budget_ (the cousin of power budget) comes in. In playtest, we found that Aurelion was really hard to play well. His damage depended on his positioning game, and for a champion with no in-combat mobility, that game took a lot of thought. Trying to also do crazy channeled ults or weird strategic things while managing that got really difficult fast. It also made him very feast-or-famine - either he was on point with W and whatever crazy Ult, or he wasn't able to pull off either and we useless. After much gnashing of teeth (muuuch gnashing of teeth), I settled on the current ultimate more for _game design_ reasons than for _character design_ reasons - it had the mechanics the character wanted. Burst damage, check. Long-range damage, check. Added safety (so you can screw up that positioning game a little and not instantly die), check. There's a little bit of character design in there, though. We're hitting the "breath weapon" trope in a way that's a little bit different - that's where the name comes from. It's not "**Breath **of **Fire**", it's "**Voice**" - a much more refined thing than breath - "of **Light**" - a substance with much more purity than mere _fire_. In my headcanon, Aurelion holds the very fires of creation, the light that ignites suns, inside himself, and with a single spoken word can spark creation. Very "let there be light". So yeah, this ult exists to round out the character, to let him adapt to more situations and provide utility for his team even when struggling or behind. Mechanically, I'm pretty happy with it. Thematically, I'm sad I couldn't figure out how to make something more epic work out. Hope that answers your question, because I wrote a whole lot of words by accident >_>
While I'm not an expert on game design by any means, I feel that adding a more aggressive sound effect for his ult would help with the flashy. For example, while he is an ethereal dragon, it doesn't mean that, at times, he wouldn't let out the rage that he feels being tied down, a cornered beast lashing out. His ult sound effect feels too ambient rather than a more "in your face" sound reminiscent, not of the beauty of the stars, but the destruction of celestial collisions. Again, just my thoughts. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: /ALL Chat | Are You Switching Roles?
I fell in love with mid around level 10. I have always loved wizards and other types of casters, and that translated into the game. I picked up mid then and it's been my main ever since.
Ryedan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Azuran,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WV2VqZca,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2015-11-12T19:21:29.836+0000) > > Will we have the option of creating a custom pool of champions? In the same vein, would it be possible for me to have different 'pages' of pools? For example, if I get assigned Top, I'd like my Top Mains list to come up. If I get to ban, Maybe have a Preferred Bans list. It's always a cost vs benefit issue, but we're willing to look at the benefit. Something we've kicked around is having your top X (5?) played champions stickied to the top of the champion grid (for easy access). We want to use something smart that doesn't require management, otherwise it's unlikely to get adopted (and therefore deliver any value) to many players. Item sets are great for power users, but we didn't see as much use as we thought. It's great for those couple of people that really use it, but we could have brought something much more useful to more players.
I would like to see this personally. I often totally forget about some of my mages I use in mid just because they get lost in the list. (RIP ori and vel for 3 months) I would personally use it, for ease of champion access and to remind me of my options, but I don't know how hard that would be to develop for.
Miyu (NA)
: Has a "vote disband" alternative been considered? Whatever that may mean to you.
That isn't likely because it would encourage people to disband in games where they aren't happy for number of reasons. While disbanding when a teammate is a troll makes sense, other instances will occur. Riot is just trying to prevent people from dodging for reasons like: countered in lane, dislike enemy team comp, didn't get the champ you wanted, etc.
Lyte (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pryotra,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WV2VqZca,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-11-12T18:55:09.741+0000) > > Well, when is it going live? Even a rough estimate would be nice. > > Also, will people be able to see your champion mastery in select? For example, I'm lvl 5 mastery with Heimer. Would other players be able to see that this guy who wants to take Heimer in knows how to play him? Or would it be hidden until the loading screen? To be honest, we're not sure when we're going to go live yet. We have some polish we'd like to do, maybe a new feature or two, and have one nasty bug we need to fix before the Ranked 2016 Season. The team would love to do another PBE test, and potentially a roll out to NA and TR before the Ranked 2016 Season begins to iron out any further kinks, but we're working around the clock right now and it's hard to predict when each of these pieces will finish. Right now, there are no plans to allow everyone to see your Champion Mastery in Champ Select. We may re-visit this in the future though, and would just have to balance out the negative behaviors that were created. For example, in a distant future when we have more than 5 levels of Champion Mastery, maybe we only show Champion Mastery **only** when you are Level 10 or higher--this is a significant investment, and something "cool" to show you're a master with a champion. However, Level 10 might be a lofty, challenging goal. If we decided to show, say Level 2 Champ Mastery or higher, it would create an immediate perception that if you WEREN'T showing Champ Mastery with a champ, that you shouldn't play Ranked at all. We're aware some players would love this type of "gate" on who you can play in Ranked, but it's not something we're going to consider today because there are more important issues to improve in Ranked Mode.
Maybe an option or Slider bar to determine if you want to show your mastery rank?
Lyte (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CCdash2224,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WV2VqZca,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-11-12T19:13:10.564+0000) > > First, thank you for having these Q&As, I love hearing about your perspective on the changes you guys bring to the game! > > Do you have any estimates on your chance of getting your primary role vs secondary? Cuz it seems that, for example, if your primary was the highly contested mid lane and your secondary the underappreciated support of even fill, it seems that you might actually get placed in your secondary role more frequently than your primary. Is this a possibility? > > Are you also considering adding exceptions for the fill position? Personally, I feel comfortable on all the lanes, but I am an atrocious jungler. Is there anyway I could fill for any position that isn't jungle, or will I just have to choose 2 laning roles? > > Also, one final, more complicated question. > How, if at all, do you think the new process will alter the pick/ban phase? > > Thanks for your time! I'm loving his the changes are looking so far! We have done a few models internally of how each position will shake out. As you can imagine, players who choose Support or Jungle as their "Primary" position will most likely get them a majority of the time. If players choose a more popular primary position like Mid or ADC, it could be as low as 50% of the time; however, we have a few features in the matchmaker in place that will detect if you haven't gotten your Primary position for awhile, and bias the system to make sure you get it. We wanted to keep the system as simple and intuitive as possible for the first release, so there's no "exclusion" features yet for positions. We have a few sketches of how we'd do "Fill Except X" or "Choose 3 out of 5 Positions," but we'd like to keep it simple and see how the queue times and health is before we start adding more complex position selection schemes. In our internal labs where we brought pros and players in to test the new Distributed Ban system, we saw many players start banning out strong champions in their personal lane. This actually made lanes a bit more competitive because you could try crazier, off-meta champions and ban your counters.
Thanks! Sounds like this is gonna be really good! Just one more question. Is the system gonna have a higher likelihood of putting people that are in their primary role as one of the first two picks for their side? I feel this would be beneficial because as a mid laner pref myself, I can usually play well into counters, but have a harder time in other roles, and therefore would prefer a chance to ban them. Just a thought! :)
Ryedan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Snowy Poro,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=WV2VqZca,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-11-12T18:39:33.269+0000) > > I still have a concern with everyone showing what champion they want to play before the bans. > > I can already see the trolls grinning from ear to ear. Bans are important. In the live version of Draft, the captain has the opportunity to use 3 bans to troll his teammates. Each ban used to "troll" allies means that some dangerous, high value champ is left on the table. The distribution of bans makes it so when you DO have someone trolling, their power is contained to a single ban. Also, you don't have to declare a champion intent if you don't want. Something I pitched to Lyte was having the 6 roles (Tank, Mage, Assassin, Fighter, Support, Marksman) available in the champion grid as an option instead of declaring a specific champion, so you could be like "We have a Fiddlesticks jungle and we have a Leona bot, I think I should play a fighter top to round out the comp, but I'm not sure which one." What do you guys think?
I personally really like that idea. Perhaps having one tab for generalized role and another for specific champs? Cuz when I am in mid, sometimes I just wanna play my Kassadin, but when I'm looking at mages, I can flex hard-in-the-paint. But that's just a thought...
Lyte (NA)
: New champ select Q&A with the dev team!
First, thank you for having these Q&As, I love hearing about your perspective on the changes you guys bring to the game! Do you have any estimates on your chance of getting your primary role vs secondary? Cuz it seems that, for example, if your primary was the highly contested mid lane and your secondary the underappreciated support of even fill, it seems that you might actually get placed in your secondary role more frequently than your primary. Is this a possibility? Are you also considering adding exceptions for the fill position? Personally, I feel comfortable on all the lanes, but I am an atrocious jungler. Is there anyway I could fill for any position that isn't jungle, or will I just have to choose 2 laning roles? Also, one final, more complicated question. How, if at all, do you think the new process will alter the pick/ban phase? Thanks for your time! I'm loving his the changes are looking so far!
: Champion and skin sale: 11.13 - 11.16
ARMOR OF THE FIFTH AGE! So fabulous! {{champion:44}}
: Thanks for watching!
This week, let us know what part of the pre-season updates are you most excited for?
: New free champion rotation: Draven, Gangplank, Katarina and more!
{{champion:26}} free week? I knew you would do that...
: I'm sensing a theme here...
Personally, I am a huge fan of the void creatures, both the monsters and the men. I personally would like to know a little more about how they interact with each other and Runeterra. I personally could imagine some good interactions between the void boys. I could imagine {{champion:161}} having a hard time getting along with {{champion:31}} and {{champion:96}} cuz they keep eating his specimens before he can analyze them. However, he begrudgingly gets along with {{champion:121}} because he at least uses his prey to "Evolve and overcome) rather than eat stuff cuz they "Smell soft flesh" And, of course, I would love to hear more about {{champion:38}} and his journey to and escape from the abyss known as the void. Plus, info for how he met {{champion:90}} and the towns ravaged by their other-worldly duels. But that's just the personal opinion of a void fan-boy. :P
gubigubi (NA)
: You can use the steam controller to play league of legends O_O
I might be totally wrong, but I think it might work. I just got mine today, so I'm going to try this myself sometime over the next few days. (Smurfing time!) I think if you bound league with steam it should be able to work. idk tho. If I figure something out, I'll let ya know!
: Patch 5.20 notes
Best patch in a while IMHO. Fixed lots of little balance issues. That and the new skins look incredible! <3 Cosmic Reaver <3
: League game crashing after champion select
I had this problem frequently. I ended up just restarting my client after every game. Ever since I started doing this, I have not encountered the problem. Just saying what worked for me.
Jimmyyy (NA)
: Bunch of greedy people that run riot who show up to community events, socialize on their own free time with us, and get payed by us to work for a video game company. Very very greedy indeed. Now, if at any point in reading this you were questioning whether or not it was sarcasm, it might have been.
I'm gonna take the unpopular opinion here, but I personally think Riot is doing fine. They announced this only 5 days after Christmas. This is a huge service their offering. Yes, people have already spent some Christmas money, but they are basically offering extra RP with 2 weeks pre-warning. They are going out of their way to be considerate to their fans. And what do their fans do? Whine about the gift not being good enough.
Lyte (NA)
: Rewards for positive play
I would be fine with my chat logs being posted. Although I often play with people that say rude things occasionally, I believe my chat logs are fairly clean. I don't say much in chat though. But I think my act is clean enough. In short, I try to have fun with League, despite the people that are troublesome. :P But League does some seriously awesome people in it's community. And, to everyone that is one of those gems, thank you for playing League of Legends! <3
Statikk (NA)
: Statikk Q&A (completed)
As a creator of a {{champion:38}} hybrid build, I was disappointed to see his most recent nerf, rendering my build impractical. However, I do understand where you are coming from with your changes. I am curious how you choose to balance certain champions in relation to people who choose to "break the meta"? Also, I am curious how you choose to alter and re-work low play rate champions? Do you try to encourage champs such as {{champion:3}} to be more popular in picks, or are you content to hide their powers from the public eye?

CCdash2224

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion