Rioter Comments
: Riot seriously should have taken a LOT of notes from Venom as a whole. Considering the fact that Venom is THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of what Riot should have done with Kai'Sa (in terms of the symbiotic parasite still having it's own agenda/thoughts/feelings/basically everything while still being attached to Kai'Sa)
> [{quoted}](name=MuffledGarbage,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=qeA0Fk7M,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-25T23:35:08.137+0000) > > Riot seriously should have taken a LOT of notes from Venom as a whole. Considering the fact that Venom is THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of what Riot should have done with Kai'Sa (in terms of the symbiotic parasite still having it's own agenda/thoughts/feelings/basically everything while still being attached to Kai'Sa) But then you realize that Kai'sa isn't the only champion in the league and that Kayne (also a very recent champion) has already taken the theme of parasitic being trying to take over. TBH I think her theme connecting to the likes of Metroid and zero-suit samus is a better example than Venom.
: Lucian W seems like just an excuse to proc his passive most of the time.....
You guys forget this is a team game... Lucian's W marks targets and is triggered by your allies as well, giving you the movement speed to catch up. Not only that, his W is also triggered when you land each of your ultimate's shots. Meaning the ideal situation for mid-game burst is to land your W on a target and use your ult which gives you the movement speed necessary to keep up and trace the ult target.
Rioter Comments
: Super galaxy rumble. Any game mode.
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=MjMmPn6z,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-20T03:14:08.541+0000) > > Super galaxy rumble. > Any game mode. don't forget project vayne. girl grunts EVERY shot
: Guys, I've tried to get over it, but I can't hold back any more I need to address this
He's a possessed spirit. IIRC the "belts" on his legs aren't actually belts but rather metal clasps that were used to pin his body down before he escaped.
: Is there anyone on here that doesnt think Vayne is OP?
It's not that Vayne is OP, it's that the current iteration of the game supports a gameplay that compliments Vayne's strengths and minimizes her weaknesses. (This also applies to similar ADCs like Twitch as well.) Vayne by herself has not changed much at all. She's been pretty stable outside of the new "highlander" mechanic added to her ultimate. But what drastically changed her viability was that the game patterns have shifted to compliment the speed at which late game arrives, while also diminishing the harshness of early game. We see these effects in play by the changes made to death timers, (low early, low mid, VERY LONG late), gold generation, bounty, stats, item synergy (relic shield + over heal in runes) etc.
Purejoyce (EUNE)
: > I don't think you realize how Zoe's abilities work if you consider her to be a bonafide "artillary mage" like the likes of Xerath and Lux. Yes, I do and she IS supposed to be an artillery mage. What exactly is your point here? > You can't because your opinion doesn't align with the majority? I don't see how or why you thought that would work lol It does, and my sentence had as much behind it as yours that I quotted. > Thing is, the change to Zoe's R didn't "delay" her burst. It outright made it impossible to do from a mechanical level, meaning you straight up can't do what you used to do anymore. Her burst is still there. Her damage didn't change. They just chopped her range in half and made it clunky as hell to achieve the other remaining half. No, it's not 'impossible' and it's NOT EVEN HARD, they just changed it so you can't do it 'with your eyes closed' and that's a good enough reason. Claiming it's somehow "impossible from a mechanical level" is just laughable and you simply have to know that's a fact, right? :D And saying that they chopped her range in half is also wrong and just shows you don't know what you're talking about. Based on some kind of false info or just you being unable to do something in the game, whichever of the two it is, that's a fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Purejoyce,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=00110000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-14T16:56:44.656+0000) > > Yes, I do and she IS supposed to be an artillery mage. What exactly is your point here? You do realize that her only long ranged ability is her E right? Her Q, by literal ability restriction, cannot ever exceed 800 units away from Zoe. Just to give you a comparison, Ezreal's Q has a range of 1150. It only looks like it has long range because it's travel distance from Zoe when shot in reverse is big but in terms of effective range from only her target to herself, it will never exceed 800. > It does, and my sentence had as much behind it as yours that I quotted. Keep thinking that. Lol. > No, it's not 'impossible' and it's NOT EVEN HARD, they just changed it so you can't do it 'with your eyes closed' and that's a good enough reason. Claiming it's somehow "impossible from a mechanical level" is just laughable and you simply have to know that's a fact, right? :D > And saying that they chopped her range in half is also wrong and just shows you don't know what you're talking about. Based on some kind of false info or just you being unable to do something in the game, whichever of the two it is, that's a fact. You clearly did not understand how the Q>Q>R combo worked if you think it had no effect on her range. It outright does not work to it's original version anymore. It's fucking hilarious how right you think you are without having even read or tried playing her. But here. I'll spell it out nice and slow for you cause apparently you don't want to, or are unable to, understand it at all. The original method of using her combo before the nerf was as follows. 1. You start running in a direction. 2. You cast Q backwards. 3. **WHILE STILL MOVING**, you re-cast your Q 4. **Before your launched Q reaches the pinnacle of the 800 range border indicated by your cursor, you press R** 5. Congrats, you've completed a max range Zoe Q. This method incorporated one window of time where you utilize your movement speed to extend the range of your Q that you are no longer able to do as of this patch. This window of time was the time the projectile took from the 2nd cast of Q, to reach your 800 range perimeter. Because R did not have to be fully completed to extend the range, you were able to cast it at your leisure so long as the Q did not exceed 800 range and it would benefit from the full travel time to it. What this translates to is that no matter when you cast R, it will always extend the Q's range by the full range of your ultimates travel distance on top of the distance you walked with it before it reached the 800 range perimeter. **_AFTER THE NERF HOWEVER,_** R now needs to be fully completed before it has any effect on Zoe's Q. What this means is during your second cast of Q, you must incorporate the time necessary to complete the entire animation of her R before the projectile hits the 800 range perimeter or else it will not count as range and fizzle at her immediate location. So the combo is now the following 1. You start running in a direction. 2. You cast Q backwards. 3. **WHILE STILL MOVING**, you re-cast your Q 4. **_INSTEAD OF MOVING THE FULL 800 RANGE DISTANCE, YOU MUST CAST R AND COMPLETE IT BEFORE IT HITS 800 RANGE PERIMETER._** 5. Congrats. Your ult is literal garbage. The period of time that you could've previously walked is now completely gone as you more or less must ult immediately after recasting your Q if you want to have any hope of finishing the the entire animation in time. You see the fucking difference now? Her range is dramatically shorter. That's a fact. If you weren't doing this before the patch that means you're a novice Zoe and you have absolutely no right to speak about her abilities otherwise tbqh.
Seen (NA)
: What is the one phrase that puts you on full tilt?
Ifneth (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tykenn,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2018-01-13T09:32:22.894+0000) > > S/He is talking about the interactions with Zoe's Q and R. The problem is that as a Zoe, you have to predict 1.75-3 seconds worth of movement to land her Q properly. Her R only helped with that, it never took away any of the skill or prediction needed to land that shot. As by the time you aim it, you have no more control over the Q beside making it extend further. > > I have a feeling you're talking about her E(which is the sleepy trouble bubble), which is fair. Personally I don't mind that nerf, hell I'd be fine if it was a one second delay before the bubble popped up. But they have sullied the reason why people enjoyed playing Zoe, she was fun because she was so fluid with her abilities, the Q-Q-R combo was one of the most satisfying abilities to land. Oops, you got me there. I *was* speaking of the E nerf. That said, the one time I played Zoe, I always started with my Star, ulti’d forward, and cast Star again once I were floating at the other end of the tunnel. Re-casting Star before clearing the tunnel, which I think we’re talking about, seemed like an exploit once I saw it. The Star was never meant to be far from her. This is what Riot nerfed, right?
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=001a00000000,timestamp=2018-01-13T12:15:16.781+0000) > > Oops, you got me there. I *was* speaking of the E nerf. That said, the one time I played Zoe, I always started with my Star, ulti’d forward, and cast Star again once I were floating at the other end of the tunnel. Re-casting Star before clearing the tunnel, which I think we’re talking about, seemed like an exploit once I saw it. The Star was never meant to be far from her. This is what Riot nerfed, right? That is the basic version of the combo, Q>R>Q but it was not a bug and exactly what riot intended. The more advanced version was Q>Q>R where you'd run with your Q before it left range, and just before it did, casting R would lengthen the range by the entirity of your R's range. This gave dramatically increased range as you essentially put in 2 seconds worth of running but put you in a huge threat zone as you were essentially right next to your opponent afterwards.
Purejoyce (EUNE)
: > I mean contextualy of course. If your opponent has no idea and you're in a side lane, sure it's easy. When you're already in the middle of a team fight... Not so much especially if people are on you. She's supposed to be an artillery mage, so what you described is actually how she's meant to be, right? Right. > That's your opinion which apparently differs from the majority tbqh. And that's just your opinion which apparently differs from the majority tbh. ######See? I can 'play this game' too :p > The point was that the biggest issues weren't addressed at all, which was her obscene damage on top of spell vamp. The slight lag added to her rotation contributed nothing to resolving the community's biggest gripes with her while just making her feel bad to play. > > Which is exactly what they did to Zoe in this case. What they did to akali was more or less what they did to lb (but it's even more amplified for lb) and the point here is exactly to delay the burst ever so slightly. And as that's a nerf, of course you can say "x mains didn't like it". Who likes nerfs, lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=Purejoyce,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2018-01-13T15:05:39.212+0000) > > She's supposed to be an artillery mage, so what you described is actually how she's meant to be, right? Right. I don't think you realize how Zoe's abilities work if you consider her to be a bonafide "artillary mage" like the likes of Xerath and Lux. > ######See? I can 'play this game' too :p You can't because your opinion doesn't align with the majority? I don't see how or why you thought that would work lol > What they did to akali was more or less what they did to lb (but it's even more amplified for lb) and the point here is exactly to delay the burst ever so slightly. > And as that's a nerf, of course you can say "x mains didn't like it". Who likes nerfs, lmao. Thing is, the change to Zoe's R didn't "delay" her burst. It outright made it impossible to do from a mechanical level, meaning you straight up can't do what you used to do anymore. Her burst is still there. Her damage didn't change. They just chopped her range in half and made it clunky as hell to achieve the other remaining half.
Purejoyce (EUNE)
: >cases of MAXIMUM range Q's which all but the fewest Zoe players even consistently pull off. Suggesting that hitting max distance Q-R's with Zoe was hard xD Give me a break. >To this day she still feels like garbage to play compared to before the change. No, it doesn't. >Keep in mind that this didn't change her damage potential at all. Competent Akali players were still able to do the exact same thing but with a slight lag compared to before. And that small delay of the damage was obviously exactly the point of that change, so what exactly are you trying to say here? <.<
> [{quoted}](name=Purejoyce,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-01-12T21:58:59.559+0000) > > Suggesting that hitting max distance Q-R&#x27;s with Zoe was hard xD Give me a break. I mean contextualy of course. If your opponent has no idea and you're in a side lane, sure it's easy. When you're already in the middle of a team fight... Not so much especially if people are on you. > No, it doesn&#x27;t. That's your opinion which apparently differs from the majority tbqh. > And that small delay of the damage was obviously exactly the point of that change, so what exactly are you trying to say here? &lt;.&lt; The point was that the biggest issues weren't addressed at all, which was her obscene damage on top of spell vamp. The slight lag added to her rotation contributed nothing to resolving the community's biggest gripes with her while just making her feel bad to play. Which is exactly what they did to Zoe in this case.
: with your knowledge of lane management, i'd say you are wood 5. MINION AGGRO AND LANE MANIPULATION EXISTED EVEN 3 YEARS AGO, YOU TOOK MINION AGGRO FROM AUTO ATTACKS EVEN 3 YEARS AGO. or maybe this is just the gap between eu and na, to the point that lane manipulation is known even in silver elo in eu..... and in na, you could get to diamond and still have no clue about it. Hmm, are you guys reallllllly that bad at the gameknowledge aspect?
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-01-12T20:06:07.642+0000) > > with your knowledge of lane management, i&#x27;d say you are wood 5. > > MINION AGGRO AND LANE MANIPULATION EXISTED EVEN 3 YEARS AGO, YOU TOOK MINION AGGRO FROM AUTO ATTACKS EVEN 3 YEARS AGO. > or maybe this is just the gap between eu and na, to the point that lane manipulation is known even in silver elo in eu..... and in na, you could get to diamond and still have no clue about it. > > Hmm, are you guys reallllllly that bad at the gameknowledge aspect? If I could mute you on boards, I would. Your comments are completely irrelevant to the topic and for some reason you feel like bringing them up brings credence to your statements. This thread is about fluidity and feel. Not balance. Not lane management. If you want to talk about that go make your own thread complaining about Akali and how she was 3 years ago. And I'll have you know I am aware of all the issues she had in the past and today. But like I said, they are not relevant in this thread.
ThePikol (EUNE)
: make a champion unfun to play as -> it's playerbase drops -> no need to balance a champion if it's not played much -> profit
> [{quoted}](name=ThePikol,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-12T10:45:46.624+0000) > > make a champion unfun to play as -&gt; it&#x27;s playerbase drops -&gt; no need to balance a champion if it&#x27;s not played much -&gt; profit See this would be an okay approach, if it didn't cost them thousands of man hours to create a modern champion like Zoe... Kind of a waste of resources for something that could be fixed with a few number changes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-12T10:20:14.334+0000) > > It fixed none of the issues players had against her, and just made her beyond uncomfortable to play for people that do play her. > > --- > > For those of you that don&amp;#039;t know, Akali&amp;#039;s E, Crescent Slash, used to be able to trigger her Q, Mark of the Assassin. > > What this did was create a very smooth and fluid trigger pattern as you didn&amp;#039;t need to auto attack at all since her attack speed and animation was garbage. You&amp;#039;d just Q them, wait for it to fly, and just before it hits you use R and E to blow it up. You actually did less damage this way but it was much smoother and felt great to play. > > > After they changed her E to not trigger her mark, nobody played Akali anymore. She felt clunky as fuck to play and her E essentially became a useless filler skill. Some people just didn&amp;#039;t even put a point in it opting for increased AR/MR from her shroud. They had to update her R, FIVE times to do some janky as fuck &amp;quot;behind target&amp;quot; placement bullshit to compensate for it. To this day she still feels like garbage to play compared to before the change. > > > > Keep in mind that this didn&amp;#039;t change her damage potential at all. Competent Akali players were still able to do the exact same thing but with a slight lag compared to before. People still complained about her damage. But the people that did play Akali dropped her as it just didn&amp;#039;t feel good to play anymore. Riot achieved nothing but pissing off devote Akali players. > > > --- > > > This change to Zoe&amp;#039;s Q is essentially the same thing. People still get instantly oneshotted from a medium ranged Q into a target afflicted with her E anyway. Her damage in her most frequent scenarios have not been addressed at all and this change literally only affects the fringe cases of MAXIMUM range Q&amp;#039;s which all but the fewest Zoe players even consistently pull off. > > Not only that, but max range Q&amp;#039;s require a full 2 seconds of foresight and placement prediction. This made for actual skillful decisions on where to place the shot and hard reading your opponent to predict where they will go. > > > > What this change does is just make Zoe feel terrible to play while not addressing any of her damage issues at all. They&amp;#039;ve kept the skill floor the same but dramatically dropped the skill ceiling with this update. > > > > To put it into perspective, it is better to simply run with your Q than to use your ultimate now for the purposes of range extension. Your net gain in range is shorter compared to shortcasting it with your ultimate, but you don&amp;#039;t lock yourself into place for easy targeting with the inherent demerits of her ultimate. The ability to still use the rest of your things as well as side step completely outweigh the minuscule amount of range you gain when Q is used in conjunction with her ultimate now. > > > --- > > > TL;DR : > > Riot gutted her usability making Zoe feel like shit to play while addressing none of the actual damage issues. > > Novice Zoe players will feel no difference but pro Zoe players may as well play something else. This THIS IS WHY LOW ELO PLAYERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO FUCKING COMMENT ON BALANCE. Because they LACK GAME KNOWLEDGE. Why? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? "Nobody plays Akali anymore"............... right THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT??????????????????????? http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=tf+blade Explain??????? And he isn't the only high tier masters and challanger, Akali player. Ok, now lets go back to what REALLY pissed me off from this post from an obviously very low elo player with absolutely no clue on the game mechanics. Yes, Akali used to be able to trigger her Q mark with her E. And now does it only with auto attacks. What did this do??????? What is different between auto attacks and abilities??????? come on, come on, use your fucking brain!!!!!!! AUTO ATTACKS GET MINION AGGRO. If Akali before would get even a slightly lead, she could zone you just AS HARD as phanteon does. Why DOES THIS SHIT MATTER? Because if you GET MINION AGGRO, the ENEMY MINIONS WILL ATTACK YOU!!!!!!!! So, YOU WILL TAKE EXTRA DAMAGE FROM THE ENEMY MINIONS!!!! What else does this shit do?????? YOUR MINIONS KEEP ATTACKING THE ENEMY MINIONS WHILE THE ENEMY MINIONS ARE ATTACKING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, if you Q + aa trade................................................. your lane will ............................... wait for it....................................... PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, the enemy would have the lane push againts them if they choose too, and they can farm or get exp safely. Meanwhile, when she could proc her E with her AA, she could still do the extra auto attack to do what you call "more damage" or 'the same damage as right now', and it didn't make her more clunky or anything compared with today. IT JUST MAKE IT SO SHE DOESN'T JUST SHIT ON YOU THE MOMENT SHE GOT A SLIGHT LEAD ON THE GAME. THEY MADE AKALI LESS SLOWBALLY. THEY MADE AKALI HAVE MORE FUCKING COUNTERPLAY. God this pissed me so much. Look over what lane control is before you make statements that ARE IN DIRECT CONNECTION WITH IT. That's what happened. AKALI DIDN'T LOSE OR GAIN DAMAGE, SHE GOT COUNTERPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /rant over learn to play >.> and you are going to get shitloads of upvotes simply because you cater to this board's confirmation bias. I hate you.
> [{quoted}](name=Serika Zero,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TEE5GWxa,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-12T13:24:43.755+0000) > >snip I mean. If you so much as hover over my forum name you'll see I'm no where near low ELO, lol. My last post on these forums was almost two years ago. And you definitely did not read or have poor reading comprehension if you didn't understand that the context was the iteration of Akali **_almost 3 years ago._** The current state of Akali is absolutely busted. I never said anything about that and it's irrelevant to the topic. What is relevant however is the likeness of how they approached adjusting both of these champions and how it is incredibly misguided and poorly thought out.
Rioter Comments
: Her wave clearing is insanely good despite being a burst mage, and I thought spells like barrier and cleanse were better in midlane considering it is mostly burst oriented and cc oriented champions. Exhaust works best on auto attacking champions without gap closers, which is the minority in midlane.
> [{quoted}](name=nachocheeseeeee,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=sEdKEa0I,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-11-20T18:43:04.571+0000) > > Her wave clearing is insanely good despite being a burst mage, and I thought spells like barrier and cleanse were better in midlane considering it is mostly burst oriented and cc oriented champions. Exhaust works best on auto attacking champions without gap closers, which is the minority in midlane. Exhaust does work best on auto attackers. But that doesn't mean it doesn't work on casters as well. Just the -25% damage on spells is enough to shutdown a combo which is actually kinda poorly designed tbh. Imo they should just give barrier a huge buff by giving it vastly more hp than heal while lowering the duration even more. Like a 0.5 second 700+hp barrier. Cause atm there is no reason to even run barrier over heal since the values are pretty much the same except barrier is temporary and heal can be cut in half (and grievous wounds barely exists in this game anymore).
: Yeah, it was supposed to come back, I was gonna return to play it. Still waiting.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5HMxegBv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-11-19T14:02:25.948+0000) > > Yeah, it was supposed to come back, I was gonna return to play it. Still waiting. the fact you don't have master/challenger in 2014 saddens me and your forum badges. :( but yeah I guess we'll both be waiting a bit longer. have you done your pre-season games in flex? do you have any idea what'll happen if we finish our placements in the actual season (since that's prolly when it'll be out at this rate)
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5HMxegBv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-11-19T14:00:25.078+0000) > > wat but it says here it is > > http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/competitive/how-rank-2017-season They said last season that solo was coming back. And we were stuck with dynamic queue for all of last season.
> [{quoted}](name=Demonsolder21,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5HMxegBv,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-19T14:07:30.122+0000) > > They said last season that solo was coming back. And we were stuck with dynamic queue for all of last season. Wat? No they didn't. They straight up said they were removing it. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/site/2016-season-update/ranked-improvements.html
: Solo isnt coming back. Get ready for a whole season of flex.
> [{quoted}](name=Demonsolder21,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5HMxegBv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-19T13:58:05.896+0000) > > Solo isnt coming back. Get ready for a whole season of flex. wat but it says here it is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/competitive/how-rank-2017-season
Rioter Comments
: Picking Singed into Yasuo should be reportable tbh
tear is fine. it effectively nullifies the mana cost of his Q and amps his hp up over time and can be completed into AA staff late game however a good singed would know that doran ring basically does the exact same thing for cheaper
: A Level 30 who only has Co-op vs AI games in his Match History just told me
You guys are talking about doombots cho'gath right? that shit is rediculous omg
CLG ear (NA)
: It's not so much practice and korean teams take the game more seriously than other regions, though that probably does have some influence. It's more that Korea has far better ping than any other region. Since tournament play is on local area network with no ping, having single digit ping in solo queue has a major training advantage. Most, if not all, pro NA teams are in california; so they play solo queue with around 50-60 ping. Pros have said that going from 60 ping to 8 ping is a vastly different game, and Koreans get to play in that all the time. Other regions have to go there to boot camp, and they're only there for two weeks, not indefinitely. Also, when they do bootcamp and scrim KR teams; the koreans usually mess around playing stuff they never would play in competitive, meanwhile NA teams show their hands regarding playstyle, giving these other teams time to figure out how to beat them. It's not so much practice. TSM have 12-14 hour days with like 1 day off. They live and breathe the game, but if you can't practice in a true tournament environment, it doesn't help much.
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Xir6nuP6,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-10-16T22:34:18.822+0000) > > It&#x27;s not so much practice and korean teams take the game more seriously than other regions, though that probably does have some influence. > > It&#x27;s more that Korea has far better ping than any other region. Since tournament play is on local area network with no ping, having single digit ping in solo queue has a major training advantage. Most, if not all, pro NA teams are in california; so they play solo queue with around 50-60 ping. Pros have said that going from 60 ping to 8 ping is a vastly different game, and Koreans get to play in that all the time. Other regions have to go there to boot camp, and they&#x27;re only there for two weeks, not indefinitely. > > Also, when they do bootcamp and scrim KR teams; the koreans usually mess around playing stuff they never would play in competitive, meanwhile NA teams show their hands regarding playstyle, giving these other teams time to figure out how to beat them. > > It&#x27;s not so much practice. TSM have 12-14 hour days with like 1 day off. They live and breathe the game, but if you can&#x27;t practice in a true tournament environment, it doesn&#x27;t help much. Basically this.
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4xy3pGvo,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-10-16T06:18:16.981+0000) > > that&#x27;s because you should be playing her in the jungle. {{champion:104}} is plain better for that.
> [{quoted}](name=chipndip1,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=4xy3pGvo,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2016-10-16T16:31:56.227+0000) > > {{champion:104}} is plain better for that. Not really. You seen a level 6/11 quinn gank? doesn't matter if you ward for quinn if she B-lines towards you. You aren't escaping lol
: Idk, man...Quinn's rework kind of sucks...
that's because you should be playing her in the jungle.
: duskblade on fiora?
Sounds like shit. Does not synergize with her at all due to her inability to effectively burst an enemy so that she can make use of the passive on duskblade. If you were going to build something like duskblade just build youmu's.
: Japanese is the best language
From a linguistic point of view, Japanese is one of the most beautiful sounding languages. The main reason is because of the almost 50% divide between consonants and vowels creating a very easy flowing language that chains very well into each syllable.
Rìcco (EUW)
: The easiest way to fix Rylais
Why don't they just revert it to old Rylais like the balanced piece of actual item it was....
: These Worlds games are showing the problem with late-game gold.
There's nothing wrong with the current paradigm of late game gold. If an enemy team has a huge gold lead they SHOULD be able to edge out and force the game to a close. That is the ideal situation. It is also a very common occurrence in regular games. However you made one mistake. _**You are comparing games of WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS level caliber to typical games. **_ Hours and hours of thought go into every single team composition a worlds team creates. They don't simply pick champions to fit a certain "comp" or meta. They also picks champions and compositions of their desired win condition **that at the same time have the ability to come back if they are losing**. These players make the fewest mistakes possible on the world stage and pick champions that will reduce their margin of error, thus creating little opportunity for the opponent to capitalize their gold advantage. But that is why there is no problem with it. Gold's diminishing returns is not just because of you as a player having only 6 slots. The whole "late game gold is useless" argument doesn't take into consideration a team's composition and ability to simply force the game into late while still maintaining their original win condition. It doesn't matter if you as an Elise have a 10 kill lead above anyone on your team, if the enemy Ziggs knows how to stall lanes, you aren't pushing. If the enemy Ziggs also picked into an a long range poke comp and his team got decimated during laning, he can still do his job at poking while still wave clearing. This is just a random example of how comp/pick matter when it comes to stalling for lategame whilst also maintaining your teams strat.
RexSaur (NA)
: So stealth wont be revealed by pinks anymore and flat arpen is probably getting gutted
is there like. a fuckin source for any of this at all like pls.
: Anyfin Can Happen is a tad ridiculous
Yu-Gi-Oh is a shit example of balance in a card game. There is little RNG factor because there is simply no need for any RNG effects. You literally win by turn one if you have the right hand. Eternal powercreep has played it's role in that game and there are no longer any need for RNG effects to swing a game. The only RNG you have is literally your opening hand and that's it. Hearthstone on the other hand being a digital card game tries to take advantages of things that you would never be able to do in a card game (like summon random minion from a particular mana etc). Sure there are RNG elements but depending on what class you're playing you easily have huge swing cards that negate the effect of RNG factors anyway. Who gives a fuck if their Murloc Knight gave them another Murloc Knight if you're just gonna fucking flamestrike them anyway. No. RNG is not the problem with Hearthstone. Hearthstones problem is that their balance philosophy has created an environment where low cost, high-efficiency-per-card, cards are spammed to create hyper agressive decks that because consisting of only 1~3 mana cards, will give you an 80% chance of a viable opening hand whilst still maintaining insane efficiency before running out of cards.
: Whose more attractive Irelia or Akali?
Who's. Whose is the possessive conjugation.
Atuko (NA)
: Who do you want to learn how to play but can't seem to get the hang of?
notice how the Q and E are not shot in the same direction. the ahri knew that if either Q did a double tick or if E landed the vayne would automatically die anyway. that is why they are shot in seperate directions, to increase the chance of certain death hp levels. the vayne could easily flash to the upper portion of the screen with varying degrees of closeness to the left of the screen. that is why ahri aimed her charm at the left most of her flash range and her Q between vaynes initial location and the charm.
: What is your Re:Zero theory?
that didnt look anything like emilia
: "I buy LCS ticket so I can sell them for higher price, making profit off of Riot own work LOL"
That's an issue with anything involving reserved seating. It's called scalping. It happens in hockey, basketball, basically any sport + concerts as well. Nothing new.
: What do you guys think is the weakest fully built item in the game?
> [{quoted}](name=Tryce Maxwell,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=zNv8dT5Q,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-09-03T10:57:00.544+0000) > > I&amp;#039;m gonna go on a limb here and tell you guys mine. > > {{item:3146}} > > Giving 40 AD and 60 AP. as well as healing on all sources of damage much like spellvamp+lifesteal (without actually having it). It loses the lifesteal passive, the active is good but not that much more awesome than Bork&amp;#039;s. costs a whopping 3400 which is the second most expensive Ap item. Sadly, the healing doesn&amp;#039;t even synergize that well with akali, it&amp;#039;s only user, much anymore because of how it doesn&amp;#039;t stack the spellvamp stat as well as it use to. Since the calculation is different, therefor not stacked, and somehow weaker. > > Before. It had 20% spellvamp, and 15% lifesteal. Now it&amp;#039;s just 15% healed from all sources which.... Is it truly as good? I don&amp;#039;t really think so. He has low stats, and no one builds it in a serious, competitive environment except akali. (and even then) Gunblade stats are specifically undertuned because of how strong the active is. 250 flat damage + 30% ap scaling is basically an extra level 5 abillity. Imagine that. At level 9 you have two maxed out abilities worth of damage. And it scales up and cc's! It used to be 20% Spell vamp and 10% Life steal. Sustain for Akali in particular went down because she used it only for spellvamp to begin with but anyone else that built it would have increased overall sustain.
Trogmar (NA)
: Quinn jungle/mid advice.
she's actually a pretty insane jungler. her ult with E gives her godlike levels of ganking. like enough speed that even if they ward you'd probably be in their face before they even saw you pop up on the map. her q blinds jungle creeps making them miss so you technically have built in sustain. her w attack speed gives you extra clear speed. that being said she's no front line so you'd probably only pick her if your top + support can be the frontliners.
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b00000000000000000001,timestamp=2016-08-26T06:40:55.448+0000) > > where my rp :&#x27;( add me
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2016-08-27T21:10:25.284+0000) > > add me I did. Wish I could PM you some other way cause I feel bad bumping this lol.
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jQvAUEAK,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2016-08-26T20:43:03.258+0000) > > What? Who the hell would actually run a runepage like that? You only need 15% from runes, 4% from masteries, PD and zerks to get 1.33 sec CD on his Q at level ~11. Anything over that is already overkill and only aids his actual auto attacks. > > Stinger CDR doesn&#x27;t affect his Q. Or his E for the matter. Phage speed is negligible considering he already runs faster than you anyway. Sheen gives him inefficient stats cause it&#x27;s mana. You&#x27;re literally paying 1.1k to do 60 more damage per hit every 2 seconds cause of his abysmal base AD. So no, the items are not really powerspikes. And neither are they real powerspikes for anyone. They&#x27;re garbage items and only become overtuned when combined into Triforce because of the cheap as fuck combination cost relative to passives upgrade. So I think the problem lies elsewhere. > > He&#x27;s actually pretty ez to play. I personally think anyone that thinks they see scripters is just salty. But right now it seems you&#x27;re complaining about a champion that&#x27;s being built to 1v1, that took a 1v1 summoner spell, and is excelling at 1v1. Oh wow I never would&#x27;ve guessed he&#x27;d be good at 1v1. But seriously. Throw the exact same items/summoners on a Fiora or Riven/Irelia and they&#x27;d be doing the exact same thing. Except they don&#x27;t have to stab something twice before they can use their ult. IF you don't know that Yasuo players are pretty much running full attack speed pages now, save for their seals, and maybe a very very small part of their glyphs. I basically have to disregard everything you tried to say. Simply put. tl;dr.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptnJakSparrow,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jQvAUEAK,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2016-08-26T20:59:36.794+0000) > > IF you don&#x27;t know that Yasuo players are pretty much running full attack speed pages now, save for their seals, and maybe a very very small part of their glyphs. I basically have to disregard everything you tried to say. > > Simply put. > > tl;dr. Yeah. I would still call them out for being trash for it regardless if "everyone" is doing it. Just looks like you, Simply put, Don't have enough attention span to read. Lol.
: I think, what's actually making Yasuo a problem is that his cooldowns scale off of attack speed. His best rune page is actually scaling health + nothing but attack speed. You combine that with his first item is 40% attack speed. With the rune page + the components of trinity force he's rocking like 80% attack speed early/mid game. This puts his Q at pretty much a 1-2 second CDR. Hilariously enough, this is the perfect CDR for triforce. You combine this together frozen mallet perma slowing + a 3 second CDR 1 second knock up + phantom dance giving him an additional 45% attack speed + 60% crit + additional move speed + an even more additional move speed chasing people + triforce movespeed + {{summoner:3}}. You factor all of this together, and by the 4 item mark Yasuo can no longer be even 1v3d. If the Yasuo also happens to be scripting ((A lot actually do. I know people are going to be like "People don't script durr dur." No, out of the 15 Yasuo players I've ran into in the last 3 weeks, like 8 of them had some form of script.)) Then the Yasuo can pretty much 1v4 and walk off with 1/2 his life left. what makes this even worse, is that he has scaling better than Irelia. Every item he buys is a power spike. In fact it power spikes better than Irelia because how he functions with attack speed and crits. Stinger is attack speed + cdr on his Q. Phage gives him health and super easy kiting power. Sheen lets him hit harder with Q without aggroing minions. phantom dancer gives him double stats + CDR + frozen mallet makes him extremely sticky. The only time Yasuo actually has a down time is walking up to lane. Yasuo is still a troll champion that's blatantly over powered and gated by idiocy. But unfortunately, if an idiot isn't on Yasuo it's a pretty gg game. I still think he's an hilariously trash champion due to how complex he is for the most part. But between the scripters, and all the new guides + exhaust, he's starting to become pretty fucking cancer.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptnJakSparrow,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=jQvAUEAK,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-08-26T19:03:22.335+0000) > > I think, what&#x27;s actually making Yasuo a problem is that his cooldowns scale off of attack speed. > > His best rune page is actually scaling health + nothing but attack speed. You combine that with his first item is 40% attack speed. With the rune page + the components of trinity force he&#x27;s rocking like 80% attack speed early/mid game. This puts his Q at pretty much a 1-2 second CDR. Hilariously enough, this is the perfect CDR for triforce. You combine this together frozen mallet perma slowing + a 3 second CDR 1 second knock up + phantom dance giving him an additional 45% attack speed + 60% crit + additional move speed + an even more additional move speed chasing people + triforce movespeed + {{summoner:3}}. What? Who the hell would actually run a runepage like that? You only need 15% from runes, 4% from masteries, PD and zerks to get 1.33 sec CD on his Q at level ~11. Anything over that is already overkill and only aids his actual auto attacks. > what makes this even worse, is that he has scaling better than Irelia. Every item he buys is a power spike. In fact it power spikes better than Irelia because how he functions with attack speed and crits. Stinger is attack speed + cdr on his Q. Phage gives him health and super easy kiting power. Sheen lets him hit harder with Q without aggroing minions. phantom dancer gives him double stats + CDR + frozen mallet makes him extremely sticky. The only time Yasuo actually has a down time is walking up to lane. Stinger CDR doesn't affect his Q. Or his E for the matter. Phage speed is negligible considering he already runs faster than you anyway. Sheen gives him inefficient stats cause it's mana. You're literally paying 1.1k to do 60 more damage per hit every 2 seconds cause of his abysmal base AD. So no, the items are not really powerspikes. And neither are they real powerspikes for anyone. They're garbage items and only become overtuned when combined into Triforce because of the cheap as fuck combination cost relative to passives upgrade. So I think the problem lies elsewhere. > Yasuo is still a troll champion that&#x27;s blatantly over powered and gated by idiocy. But unfortunately, if an idiot isn&#x27;t on Yasuo it&#x27;s a pretty gg game. I still think he&#x27;s an hilariously trash champion due to how complex he is for the most part. But between the scripters, and all the new guides + exhaust, he&#x27;s starting to become pretty fucking cancer. He's actually pretty ez to play. I personally think anyone that thinks they see scripters is just salty. But right now it seems you're complaining about a champion that's being built to 1v1, that took a 1v1 summoner spell, and is excelling at 1v1. Oh wow I never would've guessed he'd be good at 1v1. But seriously. Throw the exact same items/summoners on a Fiora or Riven/Irelia and they'd be doing the exact same thing. Except they don't have to stab something twice before they can use their ult.
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:24:53.334+0000) > > well what im trying to get at was my initial post included rate with vacation pay and numbers needed to get rate without vacation pay. > > i just really want that rp lol Its fine The RP is yours and Smellys
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:26:27.247+0000) > > Its fine > The RP is yours and Smellys where my rp :'(
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:24:53.334+0000) > > well what im trying to get at was my initial post included rate with vacation pay and numbers needed to get rate without vacation pay. > > i just really want that rp lol Its fine The RP is yours and Smellys
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:26:27.247+0000) > > Its fine > The RP is yours and Smellys yay.
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:20:55.143+0000) > > but you said to factor in vacation!! T__T that means his rate is higher than 10.90 you are right but the amount comes up to 10.99
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:23:08.069+0000) > > you are right but the amount comes up to 10.99 well what im trying to get at was my initial post included rate with vacation pay and numbers needed to get rate without vacation pay. i just really want that rp lol
: So 40h base + 20h on overtime equals pay for 40h + 30h so 70h Which is 10h a day worth of pay 40,000/365= 109 109$ a day for 10h of work That is 10.90 a day
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:19:31.518+0000) > > So 40h base + 20h on overtime equals pay for 40h + 30h so 70h > Which is 10h a day worth of pay > 40,000/365= 109 > 109$ a day for 10h of work > That is 10.90 a day but you said to factor in vacation!! T__T that means his rate is higher than 10.90
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:10:18.097+0000) > > he&#x27;s making 40,000 dollars in a year with 60 hours per week 20 being overtime. overtime is simply 50% more pay so we can simplify 20 hours of overtime to 30 hours of regular work. he is now making 40,000 dollars in a year working 70 hours per week. there are 52 weeks in a year. 70 hours times 52 = 3640 hours per year worked. 7 days of vacation would need how much he works per day. 70 hours per week is safe to say he works 10 hours everyday in terms of pure payment so it is a flat -70 hours to his total hours per year. > > new total is 3570. > > 40,000 / 3570 = 11.20$ per hour. > > i havent done math in years someone tell me if im still okay with grade 4 math Well he is working 60 not 70
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2016-08-25T12:12:04.968+0000) > > Well he is working 60 not 70 well i mean only in terms of money you're paying him for 70 hours of work at his current wage from a different perspective due to overtime right? 40 hours of regular work and 20 hours of overtime is the same as 70 hours of total work in terms of payment. or does it not work like that. i dont work so i wouldnt know lool
: Answer this Question for 10 Dollars in RP
he's making 40,000 dollars in a year with 60 hours per week 20 being overtime. overtime is simply 50% more pay so we can simplify 20 hours of overtime to 30 hours of regular work. he is now making 40,000 dollars in a year working 70 hours per week. there are 52 weeks in a year. 70 hours times 52 = 3640 hours per year worked. 7 days of vacation would need how much he works per day. 70 hours per week is safe to say he works 10 hours everyday in terms of pure payment so it is a flat -70 hours to his total hours per year. new total is 3570. 40,000 / 3570 = 11.20$ per hour. i havent done math in years someone tell me if im still okay with grade 4 math
: > [{quoted}](name=Caekie,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-08-25T11:51:46.057+0000) > > Is he making about 15$ an hour? totally doing random math and guessing it lool No, you did not factor overtime my friend. You are right, if overtime was not a think you would be pretty accurate. I my self do not know this question but i do know that you did not factor overtime. Let me tell you a example. If some one worked 45 hours in a week making 10 dollars a hour. They would make 10 dollars a hour for the first 40 hours then make 15 dollars for the last 5 hours.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightraven Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=nAcrzQqG,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-08-25T11:58:38.061+0000) > > No, you did not factor overtime my friend. You are right, if overtime was not a think you would be pretty accurate. I my self do not know this question but i do know that you did not factor overtime. Let me tell you a example. If some one worked 45 hours in a week making 10 dollars a hour. They would make 10 dollars a hour for the first 40 hours then make 15 dollars for the last 5 hours. ohh. well I kinda did but I'm from canada so the max workhours per week is 48 so that kinda skewed my numbers a bit.
: is dunk master darius worth it?
he has the most amount of unique taunt lines in the game. almost every champion pre 2k15 has some sort of interaction with him whether through dunking or through taunting so yeah go for it dood
: Answer this Question for 10 Dollars in RP
Is he making about 15$ an hour? totally doing random math and guessing it lool
Show more

Caekie

Level 118 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion