: How do you expect to win against a smurf top champion if your underskilled?
Rioter Comments
: If Riot would make every champion balanced, people's mains wouldn't be permabanned, because everyone would have different but totally acceptable bans. If your champion is being permabanned, you should ask Riot to nerf them, honestly. Because then you'll still be able to play them but they won't be so broken that they warrant a permaban.
If adcs got two bans per game I guarantee you draven would get permabanned. Not because hes broken, or needs nerfs, but simply because players don't like playing against him
Rioter Comments
SirEnds (NA)
: What role is Aphelios made for?
I think it's very clear he's an adc lol. His level ups give him pen attack speed and damage. And he's immobile, with a weapon that has cait's range so hope this makes it clear'er
R G (EUW)
: We really need 2 ban per game ..
This is so lame, this just makes it frustrating for players who have their main champ permabanned. Big no
: As an ADC main
if u spam the abilities you get the next weapon sooner
Rioter Comments
Korillo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cairo King,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-12-10T19:39:16.698+0000) > > I just didn't get the dopamine rush I was expecting when hitting platinum elo for the first time last season, felt underwhelming. Doesn't mean I'm not having fun, I'm just very competitive as a person Then set a higher goal. The chart is right there, you linked it. You know what tier you need to hit for it to be equal. This problem you have sounds more like a personal issue than an issue Riot needs to resolve for you. Clearly they wanted to change the rank distribution. I'm sure they have their reasons.
> [{quoted}](name=Korillo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-12-10T19:58:46.997+0000) > > Then set a higher goal. The chart is right there, you linked it. You know what tier you need to hit for it to be equal. > > This problem you have sounds more like a personal issue than an issue Riot needs to resolve for you. Clearly they wanted to change the rank distribution. I'm sure they have their reasons. Clearly not a personal issue if 30 others upvoted :/{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Korillo (NA)
: I think you're overthinking it. You either have fun playing or you don't. Shouldn't be worrying too much about your rank unless you are trying to play for a living.
> [{quoted}](name=Korillo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-12-10T19:31:42.710+0000) > > I think you're overthinking it. You either have fun playing or you don't. Shouldn't be worrying too much about your rank unless you are trying to play for a living. I just didn't get the dopamine rush I was expecting when hitting platinum elo for the first time last season, felt underwhelming. Doesn't mean I'm not having fun, I'm just very competitive as a person
pwc2016 (NA)
: Jungle is by far the worst it has ever been
Play Yi{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: On one hand I kind of think you're right, and I do see this shift in the ranked ladder. Always seemed weird to me that there are more people in Diamond 4 than there are in the whole Iron tier. On the other hand I'm plat 2 currently and kind of want to try and get Diamond next season and actually fixing this would make it a little tough :P
> [{quoted}](name=ThisName1sDumb,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-12-10T05:00:29.654+0000) > > On one hand I kind of think you're right, and I do see this shift in the ranked ladder. Always seemed weird to me that there are more people in Diamond 4 than there are in the whole Iron tier. > > On the other hand I'm plat 2 currently and kind of want to try and get Diamond next season and actually fixing this would make it a little tough :P You can always work hard for your rank , but would you really feel good about yourself if everyone who was plat 2 with you ends up in diamond 4 as well?
: > [{quoted}](name=Cairo King,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-08T22:13:38.792+0000) > > Since I can remember low gold was NEVER meant to be average. Reaching gold always was supposed to me above average, while silver was average. Hence the big jump in rewards. You’re right, gold is only the average now because riot A. Inflated MMR B. Deleted division 5s’
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:42:27.153+0000) > > You’re right, gold is only the average now because riot > > A. Inflated MMR > > B. Deleted division 5s’ Inflated MMR and ranks is something more authentic players would not like, getting ranked high thinking you made false progress is lame. I felt more achieved hitting gold 1 in season 8 than plat 4 in season 9.
: The only thing we can do is not rage at them in chat so we’re not the ones that ended up getting banned instead. Its fucking stupid i know but thats the truth {{sticker:sg-shisa}}
> [{quoted}](name=2Charmnot2Charm,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lh8Gk5Fl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-09T03:19:07.932+0000) > > The only thing we can do is not rage at them in chat so we’re not the ones that ended up getting banned instead. > > Its fucking stupid i know but thats the truth {{sticker:sg-shisa}} I just got permabanned flaming an inter and standing up for someone who was getting flamed, because I couldn't keep cool. Spent 400$ dollars on that account had so much done , so many skins, 700k draven mastery points all gone because I couldn't keep my cool. but tbh I don't blame that lee he's probably just done because he's hard stuck plat 4 lmao
Myrmiron (EUW)
: Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams but Riot has been lowering rank requirements for quite some time by now and they'll most likely keep doing it so players who never improve can climb the ranks as well and feel good about their performance. This is of course so players don't quit the game out of frustration over not climbing so they can keep spending money. This season Diamond + was top 4% and we already heard Rioters saying that they want Diamond to be around top 8%, so next season we will probably see Diamond + to encompass the top 5-6% of players. Gold + will likely get devalued to top 50% so that half the playerbase can have that Victorious skin. Being a good player these days only grants you early access to the high ranks as over time everyone will be able to get into them.
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:26:37.794+0000) > > Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams but Riot has been lowering rank requirements for quite some time by now and they'll most likely keep doing it so players who never improve can climb the ranks as well and feel good about their performance. > This is of course so players don't quit the game out of frustration over not climbing so they can keep spending money. > This season Diamond + was top 4% and we already heard Rioters saying that they want Diamond to be around top 8%, so next season we will probably see Diamond + to encompass the top 5-6% of players. Gold + will likely get devalued to top 50% so that half the playerbase can have that Victorious skin. > Being a good player these days only grants you early access to the high ranks as over time everyone will be able to get into them. If diamond ever becomes top 8% I'm quitting this game. The only reason I play this game, is because of the competitiveness and rankings. Also if this were to get upvoted riot would listen, just like how they listened about the usernames and eternals.
: My understanding is that the ranked distribution changes were deliberate to go along with the introduction of GM and Iron. I would like to see a LOT more players in iron, personally. In terms of the top end I think the changes to the higher end of diamond were good. If you want to look at top 1%, just look at D3 as your bench mark. You don't have to worry so much about what the rank is called.
> [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-08T23:24:52.037+0000) > > My understanding is that the ranked distribution changes were deliberate to go along with the introduction of GM and Iron. I would like to see a LOT more players in iron, personally. In terms of the top end I think the changes to the higher end of diamond were good. If you want to look at top 1%, just look at D3 as your bench mark. You don't have to worry so much about what the rank is called. Iron was supposed to differentiate low and high bronze, and gm was supposed to separate low diamond and high diamond.
: Pretty sure it had to do with last pre-season where people were abusing positon based MM. Most that essentially cheated their way up probably avoided ranked for the entire season.
> [{quoted}](name=Beerstein,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-08T22:42:39.827+0000) > > Pretty sure it had to do with last pre-season where people were abusing positon based MM. Most that essentially cheated their way up probably avoided ranked for the entire season. I hope so , because that would mean that this season it should go back to where it was at before I think?
: Let's not forget that Iron was supposed to take up a chunk of the Bronze players to better represent the total distribution.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kAZqZ2b9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-08T22:10:19.833+0000) > > Let's not forget that Iron was supposed to take up a chunk of the Bronze players to better represent the total distribution. Since I can remember low gold was NEVER meant to be average. Reaching gold always was supposed to me above average, while silver was average. Hence the big jump in rewards.
Rioter Comments
Raffyk (NA)
: This is a false dilemma logical fallacy. I am extremely aware of the XP nerfs, so thanks for pointing them out I guess? I am in no means advocating against things like fixing the XP nerfs. I personally think it is very unfair how many levels ahead solo lanes get from junglers and bot lane currently. It doesn't make sense to tell me to be quiet about X because Z is going on when X has nothing to do with Z just because you yourself are more interested in Z than X. But guess what? I can want that fixed and also want Urgot getting unfairly nerfed fixed. So no, I won't give anyone a break. Conqueror is not fine. It's pick rate has sky rocketed since pre-season, and there are champions like Mordekaiser and Cassiopeia who have straddled 54%+ win rates at certain elos with high pick and ban rates. I'm not sure if you read what I wrote, or have ever actually played Urgot before, but when he commits to a trade with his W you almost always get to 10 stacks. Other ranged champions like Cass can easily instantly get to 10 stacks, which is why the rune is overpowered. Something is going on that would indicate conqueror is probably NOT FINE if it's pick rate has sky rocketed and champions that recently started taking it or have used it before have had their win rate sky rocket.
adjust champions, it's a fervor that works on AP champs and heals. Cassiopia has always been overpowered with conquerer even before the change. Make it AD only or balance the adaptive ratio, I think the rune is completely fine. Idk why you're argueing that it is worse now, when before it gave true damage lol. It's just more viable now on the ranged champs and that's not a problem
Raffyk (NA)
: The Ranged Conqueror Change is an Unbalanced and (Near)Game-breaking Nerf to Urgot
ADC's just got their xp nerfed and enemy solo laners have a 3 or 4 level advantage by level if we lose lane. Give them a break. Conquerer is fine, you rarely ever have 10 stacks as ranged anyways.
: You know that you're asking for the XP changes not just to be reverted, but for the opposite of before to occur? The XP changes amount to 1 caster minion of extra XP for solo lanes every 5 waves and 1 less every 10 waves for duo laners. I don't think 3 caster minions every 10 waves - remembering that caster minions are worth half of a melee minion in XP are really making as much difference as you say. It takes well over an hour of in-game time for the XP gap to amount to a whole level.
The extra xp can be that 30 xp advantage that makes one level above the opponent, which causes you to win the fight and come out with 1 hp, then you get to farm one more camp, and so on. It has a snowball effect.
macspam (NA)
: So nobody wants to play jungle?
You're even with bot lane and xp, and if you're slightly behind then you're behind them in xp lol while solo laners are 3 levels above everyone else
iSennª (NA)
: Olaf need to be gutted or removed from glacial entirely..
Glacial champions are underwhelming, they rarely win late game as they're out classed by summoner mages poison ocean etc... and morello is built every game, I think glacial stuns need to be nerfed but their champions can use buffs
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: low elo is anywhere where akali ryze and syndra are not permabanned
LOL you think syndra is good in high elo. Nuff said lmao
: > [{quoted}](name=Cairo King,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FA52KuVA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-23T18:07:36.277+0000) > > Yes I do recall looking at the pickrates, it still says something regardless. Off meta picks should not thrive in bot lane. I bet you if I were to play mid lane carries that have the same role as adc's, such as ryze or cass, I'd have a lot more success than playing an actual adc bot lane. Off meta? Youre literally saying anything besides marksmen bot is off meta and should be nerfed or discouraged. And people wonder why this game has no variety and is stale.
Mages are hella over powered. > [{quoted}](name=Cairo King,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FA52KuVA,comment-id=000100000000000000020000,timestamp=2019-11-27T23:13:58.688+0000) > > ADC smurfs can't climb solo q as F A S T as mid laners. because mages out scale adc's. I'm talking ryze, xerath, Cassiopeia etc... the number 1 xerath had a 99% wr climbing to diamond mmr on a smurf, it says a lot about mages as double lift would probably 100% not have a 99% wr on a smurf.
: I mean...it fucked *anyone*, but at least mage items give quicker power spikes. ADCs arent usually online til 3 items (counting boots). Meanwhile, a mage with their first rushed item (before boots) can usually still 2 shot an adc. And most of these games are over by 15-20 minutes now anyway, usually by like 3 in low elo where nobody gives a fuck about trying to play from behind. Not mentioning, junglers feel pretty freakin bad right now, and often aren't in the game if they dont succeed at everything they do in the 1st 5 minutes. Since everything feels so rushed and oversimplified, it's not a *bad* idea right now.
ADC smurfs can't climb solo q as F A S T as mid laners. because mages out scale adc's. I'm talking ryze, xerath, Cassiopeia etc... the number 1 xerath had a 99% wr climbing to diamond mmr on a smurf, it says a lot about mages as double lift would probably 100% not have a 99% wr on a smurf.
Rioter Comments
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: lol mages botlane are garbage now the new xp changes fucked them, they don't have enough levels anymore and they need them so badly unlike adcs who are gold dependant those stats are biased cuz it's low elo and low pick rate
The top 10% is "low elo", okay
: 1. Contacted Riot 2. Made a Post 3. Posted on Social media I've used my username since 2011 or 2012. I use this username for other things. And I play this game for therapy. After today I think i'll wait until I hear back. Not touching the game until they can fix this error.
> [{quoted}](name=LittlePony,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ucElmEWJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-27T09:48:33.004+0000) > > 1. Contacted Riot > 2. Made a Post > 3. Posted on Social media > > I've used my username since 2011 or 2012. I use this username for other things. > And I play this game for therapy. After today I think i'll wait until I hear back. > Not touching the game until they can fix this error. Why do you have to get rid of it ? It's all over the boards, but no ones said why lol
: Look at pick rate data before blindly posting that. ADCs that are supposedly "difficult" Have some of the highest pick rates in the game coupled with very high win rates. That is also since they are in every game it is their capability compared to other adcs being judged more than the role strength. Jinx and MF are particularly egregious. The fact of the matter is that marksmen are simply really easy to play and all the data supports this.
Yes I do recall looking at the pickrates, it still says something regardless. Off meta picks should not thrive in bot lane. I bet you if I were to play mid lane carries that have the same role as adc's, such as ryze or cass, I'd have a lot more success than playing an actual adc bot lane.
: It sucks the game has gone so far away from what made it so successful in the first place.
Okay be specific, what's what made it so successful
Rioter Comments
: I can’t auto attack
You may have accidentally toggled that attack champion only
: Elder execute is NO FUN FOR ANYBODY
It makes the game be played how it should be... called getting objectives and prioritizing them
: No harassement, but... that seems to be a not only bad and worse then already given solution, it's a not acceptable solution xD Better do what i wrote, that's easier and enduring ;)
Not to be blunt but you asked. Only thing that works, cant do ur way
: How did u do it? So others know it ;) Via the settings from login-screen?
No lol you just gotta play around with your monitor resolution... that's about it. Then change your monitor back once u get in game. Then sign out after the game and repeat if u wanna play again
: I missed to write it more clearly: To "fix" the problem for me, i set the resolution i wanted (best way via settings -> general -> resolution) and then log out and log in again, so that the resoultuon is the one i wanted, but nothing is cut off ^^ Edit: You find settings with the wheel in the top right corner of the client... if it is not cut off xD Alternatively it should be possible to access the settings via the login-window. ^^ {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
How do you access settings when the client doesn't show that section, ohhhh nvm i did it
: I missed to write it more clearly: To "fix" the problem for me, i set the resolution i wanted (best way via settings -> general -> resolution) and then log out and log in again, so that the resoultuon is the one i wanted, but nothing is cut off ^^ Edit: You find settings with the wheel in the top right corner of the client... if it is not cut off xD Alternatively it should be possible to access the settings via the login-window. ^^ {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
How do you access settings when the client doesn't show that section
Rioter Comments
: I'd say League is more of a CPU bound game than GPU bound.   Out of curiousity... What CPU + GPU do you have?   My setup is Intel Core i7 4770k @ stock speeds. (I'm too scared to overclock) Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro+ 8GB GPU. (This cards the AMD equivalent to a GTX 1060/70) I can maintain 200 FPS+   Try turning off "Wait for Vertical Sync" in your video options if you have that enabled. It does lower fps.
It's a mobile PC (Laptop), Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz NVIDIA GeForce 940mx with 2 GB Dedicated VRAM 8GB ddr4 memory I overclocked my GPU the other day since laptops are generally a bit under clocked to make them power efficient. Either way this is much more than enough to run my game on high settings. But my CPU and GPU are only being used half their full power while fps drops mid to late game. This seems to be a global issue as I've seen streamers FPS drop to 12 and be very unstable as well, even though they're streaming they have very powerful systems capable of doing the multitask so that isn't an excuse either.
: I'm not a fan of laptop gaming but the game has a history with these kinda things as well on the other hand. Since they update it all the time it's like it's being kept in a perpetual beta phase.
Me neither, however I had no choice. Got this for school and got it with a dedicated graphics card specifically to run league lol. I will be eventually investing 1500 into a gaming desktop so that I can run other games however. Still would be nice if I got my steady 80 FPS that I should be getting out of my rig.
Evidence (EUNE)
: my fps, was so good at the start of the season now its garbage level, I have good computer btw, I invested 1000e. my fps was like 120 now it's 70, and it drops to a 50, it pises me of sometime, also i have good internet,but i gave up, just sayin to vent myself off, have a nice day.
Same, I used to get 130-140 uncapped, now I'm lucky to stay above 50 30 mins into the game while capping it at 80. Not to mention that a couple years ago, after the server had already moved, my ping went from 30 to 45, then over the last few years gradually went up to 70, now it's back down to 58 which I am OKAY with. Just hope it doesn't go up again
: I have uncapped fps, at start 330, minions spawns -100 FPS, in team fights dropped to 100. They have to do something with the game optimization.
Exactly. If your PC is capable of giving you that much theres no reason it should ever go down to 100. Teamfights are crucial moments in this game, having fps drop and game get clunky while GPU's using 50% of it's power is frustrating, especially as a draven 1 trick where one little fps lag can make your axe drop in a random direction.
: I remember I had like 188-240+ when uncapped but I had it capped to 60 just to specifically 100% remove any fluctuations then guess what? xD It drops below 60 xD and I uncap them just out of curiosity and they go from 50~ish to 90 at max. GGs. Imba. This was like 3 weeks ago from what I remember. Been playing with them stuck on 60 since months before that.
My laptop used to run this game stable when I capped it at 80. Uncapped it would fluctuate around 140. Theres NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO reason why it should fluctuate below 60 while my laptop is heating up and I have a tower fan hugging my laptop, when my gpu is only using 50% of its power. It literally doesn't make a difference if I play on high settings or low settings FPS stays the same
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Colte (NA)
: I hate the new client, why does it feel like it's downgrading? i used to have 60 less ping.. and that was before everything became bursty now i need that ping more than ever to react to the ridiculous burst meta
Ping has nothing to do with client, it's their shitty server
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cairo King,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KstRvlww,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-06T23:17:31.017+0000) > > From Egypt, we also have our own dialect and yes it does mean tooth lol. Morrocan arabic is barely arabic, maybe senna comes from their dialect? Saraha khaye, ma ba3ref shi 3an Morrocan Arabic. Eno my best guest bikoun eno min el traditional Arabic. ehtimal et koun min ay Arabic la2ano el legha kbeer.
lmao at the rito reaction. Yeah it can definitely be any arabic but the thing is, Moroccan arabic literally have words that have 0 or completely different meanings in arabic. I learned about it a week ago.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6x_6K0OR3w Skip to 3:45, it's definitely a possibility that this could be the case
DalekZec (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Interlocutioner,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=KstRvlww,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-06T20:03:26.822+0000) > > Hey DalekZec, whoever named her probably saw [this](https://nameberry.com/babyname/Senna). At least according to non-Arabic speakers on the internet, it's supposed to mean bright? > > Urban Dictionary further claims that the word "senna" was used in the Koran to mean blinding holy light. It would be hilarious if none of this is true, so the only possible origin for her name that remains is the plant that's used as a laxative... > > Actually, since both Lucian and Senna are potentially light-themed names, I kept it going when I named Urias (Lucian's dad), if you want some trivia. > > [Uriah](https://www.behindthename.com/name/uriah) means "god is my light." Urias is just a version of that name that sounds more like someone who'd use a gun.{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} And is a bit grizzled, gruff... man I want to write Urias one day. To be more specific, I was referring to my own Arabic dialect. I am from Lebanon and our Arabic compared to the traditional Arabic are very very VERY different. What you were using (or probably at least) was the traditional Arabic. However, I am not aware that Senna can mean brightness in Arabic, but...honestly I'm sure most of us don't because Arabic is like the 2nd largest language to learn. Even Arabs can struggle when it comes to mastering it. Anyway, I actually learned something from this. I bet it's a lot of fun being the narrative write for the champions' lore. I'm someone who loves stories very much and even make my own stories (can't say I'm pro though) and I love League's stories completely.
From Egypt, we also have our own dialect and yes it does mean tooth lol. Morrocan arabic is barely arabic, maybe senna comes from their dialect?
Show more

Cairo King

Level 312 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion