: Alright, that's fair. But I don't think ignoring KDA's is the best method. Its an impprtant metric to the game, and all players should have a fair understanding of what it means. Naturally the weight of either KDA or KP% is going to vary from champion to champion; Tryndamere or Nasus, whose primary strength lies in adamantly refusing to get involved in the various goings-on of the game, are going to carry less weight with those metrics than, say, Rumble. Additional weight would be given to ADC's and supports, whose primary strengths revolve around group actions.
> [{quoted}](name=TheSnacken,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YR6kAkqj,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2017-04-24T16:03:00.308+0000) > > Alright, that's fair. But I don't think ignoring KDA's is the best method. Its an impprtant metric to the game, and all players should have a fair understanding of what it means. Naturally the weight of either KDA or KP% is going to vary from champion to champion; Tryndamere or Nasus, whose primary strength lies in adamantly refusing to get involved in the various goings-on of the game, are going to carry less weight with those metrics than, say, Rumble. Additional weight would be given to ADC's and supports, whose primary strengths revolve around group actions. I agree with you that K/D/As are an important metric. I am largely referring to in-game when trying to encourage your team. I try to draw attention away from it, but I am aware that my situation doesn't apply to everyone.
: I always try to push people to think about KP% (kill participation) instead of KDA. I mean, I'm not gonna succeed, this is bronze we're talking about, but I try. If the team has 30 kills, and your support is 1/4/20, they're actually doing better than the mid, who is 5/3/2. The support has been involved in 21/30 kills, mid has 7/30. The numbers don't lie. And for the number of deaths... Well that mid better be a split pushing beast. This is a really minimalist assessment, but I hope it illustrated my point.
Yes and no. As a support, you are technically involved in more fights, expected to roam, etc. Your mid, may not be a great roamer, may be involved in a tough lane, etc. Granted they can roam too, but even then statistically speaking as a support you will have higher kill participation anyway. The issue is your attitude is just the same in reverse. You are just turning it from Kills to assist, which, tbh don't always mean everything. If you want to encourage your team positively it's probably best not to even mention K/D/As.
: This game isn't fair to new players.
Keeps you playing by giving you a further incentive to level up. Simple as that really.
: Why Riot will keep nerfing "shit" around the LCS
That's idiotic. Gutting a champion doesn't ensure they will be fixed. It's a terrible solution.
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=s32nyinN,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-04-06T13:52:15.121+0000) > > Honestly, if you are that worried just report and move on. These topics are just kind of pointless, tbh. honestly if you are that worried about it. just read and move on
> [{quoted}](name=LaMaLiCkEr8,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=s32nyinN,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-04-06T19:08:54.943+0000) > > honestly if you are that worried about it. just read and move on I did and I commented before I left.
: I might be jumping the gun here but is this legit?
When did Morde become a raid boss? Bomb af tho.
: i swear the next time i see these champions int picked on my team they will be banned.
That seems like it could end up backfiring on you. If RIOT deems the reports unwarranted I think the reporter gets punished. If tehy keep sending reports.
: if you don't know what to build on a champ just buy a bork
: im really tired of seeing KYS or killyourself in this game
Honestly, if you are that worried just report and move on. These topics are just kind of pointless, tbh.
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=d7pidwn1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-04-06T13:43:30.669+0000) > > So she's an anti-passive farming champ? In that case get ready for some fireworks. I can see people who hate support taking Rakan jungle. My friend who mains jungle is already talking about taking Rakan there.
> [{quoted}](name=VirginRivenMain,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=d7pidwn1,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-04-06T13:45:51.242+0000) > > My friend who mains jungle is already talking about taking Rakan there. That would actually finally get me to play Jungle, mid, and support instead of just mid and supp. He's going to be insta locked for like months tho.
: Rakan is a support that is designed to be flashy rather than being a background cc/heal/peel bot
GIJose65 (NA)
: Has there ever been a good western live action movie based on an anime series?
ZaDahaka11 (EUNE)
: Dante hunts Demons so he is good, Bayonetta hunts Angels so she must be Evil..
She hunts angels because they exterminated most of the witches like her.
: xayah is going to confuse people and make them rage so hard when they realize how her passive works
So she's an anti-passive farming champ? In that case get ready for some fireworks. I can see people who hate support taking Rakan jungle.
: Can't possibly lead to more deaths than Kled off his mount has lmao I think if you can catch the enemies close enough together to get your cc off quickly enough you might be able to pull it off no matter how squishy you are. It'll take practice to get the hang of, and I'm eager to see Rakan ult fails in video compilations soon after his release in the meantime XD
LMAO Good point. I wanna experiment with a semi-tanky build for him. A Rakan fails bronze edition will be magical.
: Anyone else listen to Rakan's voice and was surprised?
He looks smooth and charismatic, but his voice is just loud. I imagine it was to swerve the userbase. I like his voice and his personality, but I get why some people don't though.
CLG ear (NA)
: I wish there wasn't all this hatred and vitriol towards Riven and her kit
Who cares. Just be happy your champ remains viable through the meta. Better to be hated and useful than ignored and useless.
Avios1 (NA)
: So the People Wanted A Marksman or Support For the New Champion....
: Rakan is a support that is designed to be flashy rather than being a background cc/heal/peel bot
Pretty much. The main issue with him will probably be the many deaths his ult will lead too, but everyone feeds eventually. Yeah, I think this is RIOTs attempt to make support an interesting and cool role.
: Riot killing boards (and GD) confirmed!
Destaice (NA)
: "Sexy dude" Ew no
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=vG0MLa9m,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-05T05:01:58.020+0000) > > "Sexy dude" > > Ew no Good thing, I wasn't asking for your opnion.
Shorty (NA)
: Too many birds in League?
I'm just glad they are sexy humanoids and not bird monsters. :/
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5AUr2smz,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:21:24.484+0000) > > %%%%%, this game is drenched in weeb shit. What do you think Syndra's dance is from? Stop being an anti-weeb. It's tired and boring af. You are not funny and you are even MORE annoying than weebs. No one gives a shit about weeb shit except anti-weebs who never stfu about it. I think you mean Shyvana and Aether Wing Kayle dances. Unless kpop and kdramas define weebs now. :c
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5AUr2smz,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-04-04T21:24:45.569+0000) > > I think you mean Shyvana and Aether Wing Kayle dances. Unless kpop and kdramas define weebs now. :c They generally are considered weeb music even though it's Korean pop music.
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gPFvsZaz,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:15:34.823+0000) > > LOL Yes. Indeed. Just play some normals or ARAM. I know Dong Huap did a video comparing the best times of day to play league. Night time seemed to be pretty decent. That's funny, I've always had more luck in the morning, during school hours and weekdays. Once the weekend comes it just seems to be baddie after baddie after baddie.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gPFvsZaz,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:20:00.291+0000) > > That's funny, I've always had more luck in the morning, during school hours and weekdays. Once the weekend comes it just seems to be baddie after baddie after baddie. Actually that's one of the best times too. Lemme link you to his video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJgNg9_amKc
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5AUr2smz,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:21:24.484+0000) > > http://i.imgur.com/QB9WAav.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=FlamingoFondue ,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=5AUr2smz,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:31:33.788+0000) > > http://i.imgur.com/QB9WAav.jpg https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4098591.jpg
: for Xayah's Q- i think it said her Q does less damage for each unit it hits
It does less damage for each unit it hits after the first IIRC.
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gPFvsZaz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:09:46.745+0000) > > No. You probably just had a string of bad games. What game mode where you playing? Ranked as always. Where you expect people to know their role only to be disappointed 90% of the time.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=gPFvsZaz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-04-04T20:10:40.102+0000) > > Ranked as always. Where you expect people to know their role only to be disappointed 90% of the time. LOL Yes. Indeed. Just play some normals or ARAM. I know Dong Huap did a video comparing the best times of day to play league. Night time seemed to be pretty decent.
: Is it a holiday or something somewhere? Were kids not in school today or something?
No. You probably just had a string of bad games. What game mode where you playing?
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=EAJ7pn9P,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-04-04T19:41:11.773+0000) > > Does anyone know a place that sells a decent calzone? I used to think pizza hut p'zones were not bad but they stopped making those probably any local Italian place you choose will have good calzones
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=EAJ7pn9P,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2017-04-04T19:47:47.438+0000) > > I used to think pizza hut p'zones were not bad but they stopped making those > > probably any local Italian place you choose will have good calzones So I tried a local place near me, but everything there taste like grease.
Rioter Comments
AssauIto (NA)
: This is why ranked means nearly nothing right now. Its all about the matchmaker system.
I am torn on this issue. On one hand, I get the whole get gud mentality, but it does feel like "just carry" is an unfair dismissal.
Odenmaru (NA)
: FIRE EMBLEM ECHOES GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE
CLG ear (NA)
: I ordered a pizza 2 hours ago and its still not here AMA
Does anyone know a place that sells a decent calzone?
Azca33 (NA)
: When you carry a game so hard...
Yeah. Hardly anyone ever gives you any honors when you play with them nowadays.
Atuko (NA)
: ANOTHER SKIN OFF THE LEAK
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AFv5LyUw,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-04T19:27:34.734+0000) > > rofl Probably because of their parents or they don't know much about the place. It honestly sounds like a retirement community. Do you guys have shuiffle board? yes
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AFv5LyUw,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-04T19:30:39.828+0000) > > yes So is it marketed towards senior citizens because that honestly sounds like who it is for.
Salron (NA)
: That sketchy reddit leak is showing some promise now
We got the two super sexy bird people. Thank god, we got another sexy male.
: Cosmic reaver ekko when?
LOL I'd rather have baby new year Ekko. God that sounds hilarious. I''m an Ekko main so it'd be a great gag skin.
: It's even worse when you are held hostage by a champ select terrorist... game hasn't even started and some person is throwing things into chaos.
> [{quoted}](name=Banryuu,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=A8h9pOJ8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-04-04T17:24:36.256+0000) > > It's even worse when you are held hostage by a champ select terrorist... game hasn't even started and some person is throwing things into chaos. Champ select terrorist is the greatest term I've ver heard.
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Calintz6565,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AFv5LyUw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-04T19:16:28.607+0000) > > It sounds like a place older people would visit. Many older folks appreciate nice views and warm weather. yeah that's what I'm thinking and we do get an older crowd. We get younger people too and I'm like why are you here? go somewhere else
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=AFv5LyUw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-04-04T19:17:29.547+0000) > > yeah that's what I'm thinking and we do get an older crowd. We get younger people too and I'm like why are you here? go somewhere else rofl Probably because of their parents or they don't know much about the place. It honestly sounds like a retirement community. Do you guys have shuiffle board?
: I just learned that Bayonetta exists in 2017...
I loved Loki. I wish Bayo 2 was released for more consoles though.
Vei (NA)
: Had a Cookies and Cream bar from college store today
: MSM is still pushing the Russia/Trump narrative
We really need a political/philosphy board or something.
: how do you carry 4 feeders
That is a sexy Vlad skin. Anyway, imo the best way for low elo is to use strong meta champs for your role. This is the easiest way, however; but there are others. Generally, if you are fed you should roam and help other lanes snowball. Another thing, don't rage at your jungle and support. Sometimes, they will help you out if you are nice to them. Supports will especially be helpful to you and keep you safe.
CLG ear (NA)
: I honestly have no idea why people come to the resort I work at
It sounds like a place older people would visit. Many older folks appreciate nice views and warm weather.
: Why don't adcs know how to pressure a lane
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=TAhgs8vO,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-04-04T17:06:35.852+0000) > > If the opposing adc is going to go in especially when they use their escape, and we know full well they have no backup, we can fight that. Lucian constantly used his E to get in some harass, I'm on Karma and W him to tether and eventually snare. Which means Kog has free reign to just rain Bio Arcane Barrage enhanced autos. Or so you'd think. "Gotta get that minion, and that one, damage on Lucian, lane control, and possibly a kill? Nah, minions man." I feel like far too many people are too lenient on passive adc players. I get it some ADcs need more farm than others and lack early game pressure. That said, as a player you need to analyze the situation. If a support has an enemy stunned near your tower. As an ADC you need to take the free kill. Otherwise, you are just dead weight.
: GD it's my birthday
> [{quoted}](name=BAPenguins,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=03oWK8YM,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-04-04T12:14:03.510+0000) > > I know no one needs to care or even know but it's my first GD birthday and it makes me happy Happy Birthday. You should spend it having fun.
: Riot is thinking of changing the name of the Support role to "Catalyst"
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=eQz2966d,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-04-04T18:15:28.948+0000) > > Personally, I don't like it. Catalyst, we aren't a chemical reaction. And although I can see it being an okay definition for engage supports, for utility supports, disengage supports and the like I can't. For them, they don't increase the chance of a reaction happening, in fact they're trying their damnedest not to let it happen Rebranding an unpopular role isn't going to fix it's problems. Support has issues within the community that are too difficult to repair through simple name changes.
: I just reported someone for calling someone else "Autistic"
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=FE9dIYQd,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-04-03T09:15:52.161+0000) > > They got punished while we were sitting _in the post-game lobby._ > > That was absolutely beautiful. Congratulations?
: Has anybody else just, ceased getting excited for new champions?
The new champions look exciting and have awesome kits. Sorry, but I'd rather have a uniquely designed champion than some bland and generic looking D&D character. If you want a bland looking wizard play an LOTR pnp.
Show more

Calintz6565

Level 79 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion