Eedat (NA)
: I'm not sure if this is serious or satire
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NdYNUEeg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-20T01:33:10.742+0000) > > I'm not sure if this is serious or satire Why not both? Imagine if Riot released more armor pen items. People would flip shit because it makes armor worthless. No one bothers to add up what lethality removes and notices just what percentage of armor that is.
Rioter Comments
ArgVarg (EUW)
: There isn't really anything wrong with RNG, Hearthstone is full of RNG but people love that game. Some randomness makes it fun and makes your decisions in the present more valuable. But I do very much agree that having the amount of items that can be dropped is just too much, while the item should be random so that you can try and build synergies around the items that you get, everyone should get the same amount if they are able to defeat the minion waves.
> [{quoted}](name=ArgVarg,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=AxNXe5dp,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2019-06-27T16:21:25.149+0000) > > There isn't really anything wrong with RNG, Hearthstone is full of RNG but people love that game. Some randomness makes it fun and makes your decisions in the present more valuable. But I do very much agree that having the amount of items that can be dropped is just too much, while the item should be random so that you can try and build synergies around the items that you get, everyone should get the same amount if they are able to defeat the minion waves. RNG takes power out of the player's hands. A small amount can be healthy for a game so that you don't end up with a match going the same way every time like Starcraft, but too much makes the player feel like there was nothing they could have done because the deck was stacked against them the whole time.
nm1010 (NA)
: Higher then you would think actually. The game rolls rarity and then for a champion in that rarity. If you just sold a Leona and there are 8 tier 4 champions with 13 cards (I think that is the number) for tier 4, you would have at the at least ~12.5% for your next tier 4 to be Leona. This goes up if you roll multiple tier 4's, or if the other players have taken tier 4's out of the pool. Essentially you are rolling a 1 on a d8-d6 depending on the amount of tier 4's claimed.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=r6O59rZ8,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T16:12:49.590+0000) > > Higher then you would think actually. The game rolls rarity and then for a champion in that rarity. If you just sold a Leona and there are 8 tier 4 champions with 13 cards (I think that is the number) for tier 4, you would have at the at least ~12.5% for your next tier 4 to be Leona. This goes up if you roll multiple tier 4's, or if the other players have taken tier 4's out of the pool. Essentially you are rolling a 1 on a d8-d6 depending on the amount of tier 4's claimed. That math applies to tier 4s, but I pulled Leona out of a hat. This phenomenon applies to all champs. If I sell a Morde I'll see a morde. If I sell a Nid I'll see a Nid. I waited 4 refreshes to get another Veigar, didn't get one, so I sold the two I had. Next refresh was a Veigar. This was supposed to be a side note anyway, my main concern is the RNG at play. Rito said it was supposed to make the game mode fun and whimsical. I fail to see how.
nm1010 (NA)
: Item drops do need to be addressed, but the champion thing is probably due to the rarity pools. There are so many copies of a champion that can roll so if you sell something, especially higher rarity champions, you are putting more copies into the pool which does increase your chances of seeing them again.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=r6O59rZ8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-27T14:56:34.772+0000) > > Item drops do need to be addressed, but the champion thing is probably due to the rarity pools. There are so many copies of a champion that can roll so if you sell something, especially higher rarity champions, you are putting more copies into the pool which does increase your chances of seeing them again. I get that, but what I'm saying is if I sell a champ I am almost guaranteed to see that same champ the very next store refresh. That is nonsensical. If there are 50 champs still in the pool what are the odds that the **rare** Leona will show up right after I sold one?
Rioter Comments
: ??????????????
> [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VRPH5TEn,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-27T01:36:19.343+0000) > > https://puu.sh/DLk0m/e80ab7efd3.jpg Appropriate name is appropriate.
pryda022 (NA)
: 30 minute ques times are absurd
Before I went to work I played 3 games. I come back from work and see it says 50 times for stability. lolwut? They are shooting themselves in the foot so bad right now.
: Streamers Getting Into the PBE
The one streamer I was watching had his entire chat start spamming "IT'S UP IT'S UP IT'S UP" when PBE came back up so he was able to log in immediately. As was I, which was the entire reason I was watching him.
Xienwolf (NA)
: The board is a rectangle made of Hexes. Fix that.
I like this. It's very interesting to consider the implications.
: (┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
I did my time the other day. Last night I got home from work and after 3 hours of waiting the timer went down about 34 minutes. Today I figured I'd cheat and log in to the queue before going to work. Come home to "an unexpected error occurred. Please try again." Ok, fine. I was trying to cheat anyway. I'm concerned by the alert that at 1:30 PBE will go down for maintenance. It's 2:40 though so surely that's finished! Log in, it's only an hour and it's actually counting down minutes! Tab away, tab back, the timer says 2hr 2min. Cool. Play a game of league on actual client. Come back. League is down. Fffffff
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Old lore was flawed, sure. But it had it's own unique feel. We lost all of that. Not to mention that most of my issues could've been resolved by retconning a bit of IOW power and creating a conflict that would destroy it. Advancing the storyline, you know? > Just deal with it they aren't gonna bring back Institue of War (and I rly like that they won't because imo it was a bs excuse to have the champs fight each other. But complaining about the current lore without even reading it won't bring your own favourite back.). I refuse to "deal with it". So much could've been done with old lore, and writers that deleted all of it should be ashamed of their writing "talent" if they couldn't think of a better way to deal with its issues. I simply see no point in exploring new fluff, if i heavily disagree with what was done to the past stuff.
One of the things I loved most about old League was that there was finally an acknowledgement of the players and of what the characters were doing fighting each other. The players are Summoners and exist in the world. The champions are on a field working together for a reason. Even the minions had a reason for existing. It all made sense. New lore is interesting, but in a comic book kind of way. It has 0 impact on the game itself. You could just forget the lore and you'd lose nothing from the game. Players don't exist in the lore, the fights that are happening aren't happening in the lore, we don't even know if all the champions are alive at the same time or not. Mark my words, one day we'll have a child of one of the champions and that champion will get an "Old Man/Woman ____" skin that won't be used so you'll get to see the young version of the adult beating the snot out of their child. I disagree with the people who say the IoW was too much of a constraint. Lee Sin was literally born from the supplemental lore of the world outside the IoW. I also have a problem with all the crises being set up that will literally never be resolved. "The Darkin threat looms! It still looms! It's been many years, but it's looming! Any day now! ... Oh yeah, there's another Darkin! The threat looms more!" Earlier in the comment chain someone said there was no conflict because the summoners said no, so all the armies mean nothing. How is that any different from how things are now? Is there ever going to be a "Cho'gath Actually Eats the World" event and half the champions die? No. All that is going to happen is that crises are going to continue to ramp up while power creep continues until you have mere mortals (Garen, Darius, Teemo) for some reason duking it out with literal gods (Aurelion Sol). **Oh wait.**
: Possible Directions for Cho’Gath in the Lore.
I liked the Crimson Devil one most, but maybe it doesn't fit Cho'gath. A good story for a different (new?) champion. Maybe Amumu. An ascended child whose body couldn't handle the power and died, but the power didn't leave the vessel and now he seeks out other Ascended to wrap them in bandages and absorb them? Anyway, Cho's byline is "Terror of the Void" so him being an Apex predator/cannibal makes a lot of sense. Even other things from the Void are scared of him. Of course, you know what that _really_ made me think of? Kha'zix. Consume and adapt. I didn't like The Maw because he kept being defeated and driven off, then showed back up later on. After having put thought into it the third one is possibly the best. I can envision Brand seeking out a faintly sensed World Rune and looking to take it for his own deep in a cave, the only light coming from his own burning skin. He comes to a wall and can tell the Rune is on the other side, so he begins melting it, but instead of slag running down the walls its blood... The wall shivers and cracks as it begins to move, and to the right a massive eye opens. Brand laughs in challenge as the entire cave begins to rumble and then growl and then scream.
verxion (NA)
: MATCH MAKING IS SO ABSURD!
Slightly related, my friend and I duoed. He put FILL. JUST FILL. I put mid and jungle. He got jungle, I got support. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oQETVdLH,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-18T15:40:28.456+0000) > > Man these guys hate you so much :/ > > Damage-dealers going bruiser is actually a very nice change of pace - it draws out fights, with more time to make plays and strategize on both sides. Also better 1v5 potential since they don’t die to a sneeze. Nothing is more fun to me in this game than a duel between two highly expressive champions being down to who can come up with and execute a better strategy to outplay the other. I also started playing in an era where solo laning was a bit more impactful, where you'd go top lane and 1v1 or 1v2 and would be able to actually do it. So while I understand and respect that this is a team game, part of me wants the solo expression back, and I want it for everyone. That's my view, carried over from WoW and some old hack n slack titles but yeah, people don't want to even humor my ideas other than calling me an idiot. Still though, I stick to my guns because the only opposing arguments I ever see boil down to the fact that most of the roster is extremely linear and therefore can't actively combat high skillcap champs . That doesn't imply skill floor before i get like forty replies on how EZ irelia is to 1v9 in low elo, it means champions with short cooldowns and a lot of utility. I actually favor Orianna and Azir over every single other mage in the game.. unless you're still calling Nidalee a mage but she's just in her own category. Ori CAN beat those champions, she CAN outplay, she uses the cognative functions and reactive speed of her pilot to an extent that offers that. My whole thought process is more utility across the board, and longer fights with lower cooldowns and less target on click abilities. this allows people to have those drawn out fights, and allows you to react. I don't think anyone should 1shot anyone else unless they are an assassin, at which point it should be more situational and they should have more evasiveness to have to jump through the enemy team, with actual risk and skill, and then make a good play. God forbid I actually suggest that mages. tanks, and juggernauts need depth, or that ranged mechanics need a baseline rework.. which is why I jump to the Diablo styled ranged targetting as an idea though that's just a theory. Anyways I don't easily go with the flow, I'm not a contrarian I just am slower to adopt conventional thought than others... think of it as a double sided sword, I can see a lot of bad ideas out there that everyone seems to imply is good, but I also have a lot of shit ideas. Welp I'm late for my heresy trial, thanks for sticking your neck out to appease a fraction of my thoughts.
I agree with what you're saying. Laning phase should be about 2 or 3 skirmishes and then an all-in to finish things up, not "He stepped 20 units too close, time to all-in burst and kill!" I was playing Lux into Vel'koz the other day and I could tell they'd been playing mid lane for a good while because neither of us could land anything on the other. We moved the same way, predicted each other's spells perfectly, and all-told landed maybe 3 spells each the entire laning phase on each other. We'd roam, pick up a couple kills, and be back to not landing squat on each other. I had massive respect for that guy.
: General TFT Discussion
I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but it seems like every group intentionally has a very strong member and a very weak member. Noble for instance has Vayne who is still a hypercarry, but it also has Fiora who... dies. I'm also pretty suspicious of the RNG for champions you can buy. I've lost count of how many times I held a champ on my bench waiting for more, they never show up, so I sell it and next round there it is for purchase again. Or I'll see two of a champ, not be interested, and then there's one of that champ in every set for several sets in a row.
Rioter Comments
Koiyaki (NA)
: you hit the nail on the head. People will always look back at older things with rose colored galsses only to fail to realize that even then there were things they complained about. Do people really want league of black cleaver back? Do people really want negative mr true damage raka q back? Do people really want feral-never see your jungler till 15 mins- flare back. Do people really want top lane follow ur jungle to share xp cuz yes back. do people REALLY want DFG back? I doubt it.
No, we don't want those things back. Which is why they're gone in the first place. Not being satisfied with how things are now doesn't mean do a server rollback, back to patch 3.4 we go! In a couple years if we're still around this same thread will happen and someone like you will add to that list, "Do people really miss guaranteed crit Stormrazor? Do people really want lethality back? Of course not!"
: Over the last several years, Lol has not declined - it’s gotten better
I understand your points but I disagree. 1. The client is buggy as hell and requires a better computer to run than the game itself does. That is so counter-intuitive. 2. I've also been playing since end of season 2 and to me League has gotten less fun because, as SivHD put said, "it used to be like a weird game of chess." Now it isn't. There is more damage, more mobility, more Swiff-Army-Knifeism. New champions used to always bring mechanics to the table. Now we get new broken mechanics or nothing new at all. Neeko's whole kit is a mishmash of other abilities. 3. We argue about items needing to be adjusted more than champions. Stormrazor was a bane, and lethality is a mistake. 4. There has always been an "optimal" build, but more and more you see the same items on every champion. It used to be a meme how ADCs always built the same stuff in 90% of games, but now you see the same thing on mages, assassins, and bruisers. About the only people you see variety on are tanks because there IS no optimal build path for them. I can tell you as someone who lost the ability to play for a couple years that the game I came back to is inferior in every way except graphically. And draft pick (which is actually another broken promise because Riot said they would never enforce a meta).
AhmCha (NA)
: Weren't you guys supposed to rethink your approach to new champions/reworks
Way back when they said that Nidalee being able to chunk you from out of sight with her spear was unfun and they would never do that again. Do you remember them saying that, Zoe? {{champion:142}} Tee-hee
Rioter Comments
Zeanix (OCE)
: Any plans on fixing Arcade Caitlyn’s splashart?
... Is anyone talking about Kai'sa's prominent feature in the portrait? I'm all for it, just thought it was... oddly prominent.
: I had one of the best games of my life last night [Master Elo]
Is it just cuz the Yorick play style is so chill that Yorick mains are untiltable? I notice whenever I'm playing him I'm so relaxed and chill.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Trynds ult is as easy as dropping ignite a few seconds after he ults. Guaantee kill unless he buys AP and heals through GW more than ignites last few ticks can take. He will ALWAYS die to an ignite tick if he dosen't heal unless it was cast 2+ levels below his. But really, Trynd isn't abusable in high elo and isnt a flashy teamfight monster so theres no reason to gut his ultimate. If anything it deserves a little buff like CD ticking down faster when at low HP or while [not] around enemy champions etc like Warwick's W.
> [{quoted}](name=Kazekiba,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pd1b0BJg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-25T00:59:22.023+0000) > > Trynds ult is as easy as dropping ignite a few seconds after he ults. Guaantee kill unless he buys AP and heals through GW more than ignites last few ticks can take. He will ALWAYS die to an ignite tick if he dosen't heal unless it was cast 2+ levels below his. > > But really, Trynd isn't abusable in high elo and isnt a flashy teamfight monster so theres no reason to gut his ultimate. > If anything it deserves a little buff like CD ticking down faster when at low HP or while [not] around enemy champions etc like Warwick's W. First off, yes, you can ignite him and get a kill after the fact. That's basic _Fighting Tryndamere 101_. It does mean that you can only hope to fight him if a summoner spell is up though, and it seems to me like if you need a summoner spell for every fight then the fight is unbalanced in a bad way. Secondly, "_But really, Trynd isn't abusable in high elo and isnt a flashy teamfight monster so theres no reason to gut his ultimate._" Oof. That is definitely a sign of the times. We're all so busy complaining about the impact LCS and other pro play has had on the game we're forgetting that there's other kinds of toxicity in the game. Not even gonna touch on the "we should balance for the top 5% of the playerbase" part.
Rioter Comments
uk Orca (EUW)
: I havent got mid in 6 of the 6 games ive picked it as primary
The other day I duoed with a friend in normals. He put fill, I put mid/jungle. I got adc he got jungle. What?
Rioter Comments
: What champs do you actually find fun anymore?
Sylas is super fun to me but for some reason I'm always first pick and hoo boy does it suck picking Sylas first. Illaoi is fun because she's a true juggernaut, even without conq. Getting a clean Q off with Miss Fortune always makes me chuckle. As far as "unique" goes though... back when Ekko first came out I ended up maining him and back then you saw a ton of Leblancs and Ahris, so I learned to play him built as a tank. It's harder these days because of all the damage and tank Ekko is reliant on his team to do work with him, but it's still fun to jump into the middle of a team and watch them blow everything on you out of instinct. Oh, and support Darius.
DUDE BRO (NA)
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StE-f3PqSQ8 This is from 2012, also based around a single item. League has always been this way.
I'd like to point out a couple things here though. 1. Rengar was the only one who could really do this. 2. Rengar could only do this to one person at a time. 3. It was toxic then as well. 4. Most of the time when this happened the team would collapse on him and murder him after he burst someone down. 5. "Deletion Rengar" was a meme for awhile because it was so extraordinary. The closest you could get to this was Leblanc, Talon, and Fizz.
: Also also League Boards: One person can't carry anymore when ahead Also Also Also League Boards: One person doing bad ruins the game.
Seems almost like League Boards isn't a hive mind.
Velasan (NA)
: For me it's getting people to rotate on objectives instead of suicide for kills. Not long ago something was going very wrong if your team had multiple deaths before five minutes. Now that's every game. Seriously though, the worst feeling in the game is when you can't get your team to pay attention to drags (especially with low vision and auto filled supports not helping to ward it), and then your whole team auto loses from the combined dragon strength on the enemy team. People really don't understand how much an early ocean or wind dragon can swing a game for you. Makes every game feel like a constant tiring struggle. Instead of getting to that one point where you're strong the game has become a matter of making sure everything doesn't fall apart on multiple fronts. Whether that be dealing with enemies who can go invisible/clone themselves/triple dash or w/e, to herald, to first blood towers, to dragons, to scuttle crabs, to getting them to group and rotate on things together. Another thing I don't feel is well appreciated is how much "mental tax" all these new champions have. If the enemy team has a Neeko, a Shaco, an Ekko mid etc, you are keeping track of where Ekkos ultimate is and if he can heal, which one is the real Neeko, the real Shaco, Shaco's clone, the boxes he's already putting down, their myriad of skill shots etc. I'm only listing three champions here. There's just a lot to keep track of. Oh well. End rant. I really don't expect them to do anything about it honestly.
I remember when the mark of a game with skilled individuals was less than 8 deaths total by 20 minutes. Back then it was champions who were broken, not runes. Items were varied and almost all valid. ADCs had a holy build order but everyone else could build different builds for different stats. I remember having to weigh the pros and cons of AP vs CDR in mid lane. Now I have to make sure I don't build too much CDR or that's not gold efficient. SivHD said it best when he said League used to be this weird chess game. Now it's less chess and more DDR
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-16T14:16:46.665+0000) > > I wish none was just removed. I always feel a hatred towards the person that uses it cause there are plenty of things to ban that no one wants to deal with. What if that person wants to be able to handle any situation? bans are a crutch for bad balance and low skill anyways
> [{quoted}](name=Hammermancer,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YMKcQcpA,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-16T15:03:56.634+0000) > > What if that person wants to be able to handle any situation? > > bans are a crutch for bad balance and low skill anyways You don't understand what imperfect balance is then. Look up some videos on it. Compare LoL to Starcraft. SC is (or was, haven't looked at it in a minute) one of the best balanced games there is, and matches end up turning into rock paper scissors. Pros can tell you what they're going to do literally to the second because it's so cookie-cutter.
Rioter Comments
Ulanopo (NA)
: I think it's mostly about math. There's a fairly famous quote from Penn Jillette about how [he already does all the raping he wants to, that amount just happens to be zero](https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Penn_Jillette). There's a lesson there for League: most people are already being exactly as cruel and hurtful as they want to be. I think, in a lot of ways, "KYS" is not the immediate problem, though it still is a problem, obviously. In the moment, it's _absolutely_ an indicator of what someone is capable of and of how they respond when stressed. That sharp shock of a big suspension is intended to be a different type of stress, one that provides insight into larger patterns of behavior.
"Coon" means different things in the North-East and South-East of the United States. Up North it's a racial slur. Down South it's short for raccoon. A few years back I called a friend a coon in-game for stealing my kill and he was shocked I would use such a slur on him. In some parts of the internet you're supposed to say r*, spelling out rape is a bannable offense. We all have different tolerance levels, and it bothers me that while some things are going to obviously be ZT we don't know the exact level of PC we have to be.
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xAAcRMo4,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-09-20T17:43:56.747+0000)We do not feel that a chat restriction is sufficient for telling people to kill themselves or attacking people with hate speech (ZT). Fully agree. That said, what are your thoughts on something like that would normally earn a 10-game chat restriction instead earning a permanent ban on an account that has only had a single 14-day ban for one instance of zero tolerance language, and never had any other punishments? I don't have strong opinions either way, but I can see the argument that slotting ZT behavior into the penalty system can result in odd cases like this. Is this intended, and part of Riot's strict response to ZT, or is this something you'd consider an edge case where a player might have taken the serious warning to heart, but gotten banned due to other, significantly less egregious behavior? Do you think there might be a benefit to a system that works as follows? >**Zero Tolerance:** 14-day ban if the account has not had one, permanent ban if the account HAS had a 14-day ban for any reason. Counts as a one-step escalation on the normal punishment track. >**Normal Punishments:** 10-game / 25-game / 14-day / Permanent, based on the severity of the behavior. It seems this might keep the same strict policy on zero-tolerance behavior (or on those using it after significant prior punishments), while also avoiding edge cases where a player who may not know about the zero tolerance gets hit and later receives a minor punishment. Now, I'm not personally convinced such a system IS necessary (as I feel everyone should know hate speech isn't okay), but I'd be curious to see whether or not this would make a meaningful difference, or whether players who use hate speech are regularly toxic enough otherwise that it wouldn't make a major difference.
This whole thread has been about me kind of so everyone can now use me as an example. A few nights ago I was playing with a friend duo in bot lane and the other team banned the champion I wanted and I didn't have a back-up who I really wanted to play, so I decided to experiment a little. My friend is a halfway decent Brand player and I'm pretty good at Lissandra so I told him we'd do that. The thematic flavor of Fire and Ice struck me as particularly middle-schoolish, and as my friend and I both share a darker sense of humor I started making jokes more appropriate for middle-school edgelords than functioning adults. The game went on and this combo worked really well for us so we started cracking jokes in the team chat and then the all chat. Eventually I remembered the FIRE and ICE thing and started up with the dark jokes which quickly spiraled into all kinds of other jokes. I'm not going to name any of them but we covered a pretty broad array of potentially offensive things. At no point did we threaten anyone and at no point did we wish harm on anyone or use material I would consider inexcusable, but quite a bit of it could be considered nsfw. So. **To my point**. I've been playing since season 2 and never had any form of penalty at any point. I've had every honor ribbon you can have (except that elusive yellow one), and in general I tend to get an honor every game. Opponents used to give me honors when that was thing. Let's say something I said was flagged as ZT since I know for a fact several people reported me even though I assured them everything I said was meant as comedy. Bam. Instant penalty with threat of permanent ban. Here's my problem with this. **The judgement system is not perfect.** What one person finds inexcusable and OBVIOUSLY never to be said another could be fine with. For instance, I'm personally fine with 9/11 jokes even though my uncle almost died during that, but people who live on the west coast could find such jokes abhorrent. **The judgement system does not have integrity.** I don't know how infractions are judged anymore. Back in the day we had the tribunal and I even used to do it every now and then, but I knew people who said they didn't bother to read the information at all, everyone was guilty. The tribunal was meant to be a filter to send serious cases on up to actual mods, but this always still bothered me. **The law is vague.** I tried googling the Zero Tolerance policy and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find it. This is obviously problematic. How are we to know what not to do or say if it is not laid out for us? I know that's going to catch flack but the world is a big place. Did you know that holding up a thumb will get you a taxi in New York and a fight in Asia?
: > [{quoted}](name=KagureNai,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gEQR0bxz,comment-id=000100050001,timestamp=2018-08-30T10:58:45.915+0000) > > I think you never saw people complaining about Stormrazor. Hell, a lot did. People who are complaining about storm razor are people who are complaining about caitlyns headshot. It is highly predictable damage buff on single auto attack that can be avoided. These people also dont realize that this predictability is a lot healthier than random crit. You have no idea how bullshit bot lane matchups are in early game when both Adcs have 20% crit. Storm razor may be overloaded when you talk about its gold value, however the mechanic itself is not. Move speed from crit is bullshit tho and should be removed. > The fact that now the gold value of this item makes it the first to be bought in any circumstances is problematic since the "nerf" of Stormrazor is so small ( + 10% attack speed , - 5 AD compared to the other version before nerf ) it nearly is a buff. Adding even more AS will only benefit Jhin more since it will synergize with his passive. Then nerf Jhin? Why should caitlyn with already dog shit win rate suffer because jhin is fucking broken? > Also, at the beginning, NO ONE took Hail of Blades on Jhin. Now, people saw the potential and how OP it is, so they took it. People tend to be slow to try things out, thus no one complains. Then, when things like that pop off, they do. Yeah so nerf Jhin. Nerf attack speed conversion or make it work on attack speed comming from items or something, but for love of fuck dont nerf rune that is already considered thrash on any champion that could actually use it. > Hail of Blades is not a common Rune anyways. But the argument "it exists for Jhin" is just laughable. Well then show me example of another champion using this rune as efficiently as any other rune they usually use. > Jhin has been that way since his release. The thing is, Riot releases items that can synergize very well with him without thinking about the "Jhin" mechanic. Nerfing the champion to the ground isn't the answer to fix that. Nerfing the items isn't either, since it would make the said items completely useless for other champions. Again, JHIN synergises with those items, not caitlyn, not kog maw, not tristana, not xayah. I could go on and on. Unless riot is preparing another ADC item rework, nerfing Jhin is absolutely a fucking solution. > The only way to make a good change is, I think, reducing the AS given by Hail of Blades if Jhin is taking it. As in, a nerf that happens because you took Jhin. However, this is very flawed as well. Like, my idea isn't any better of the others that I mentionned. So your solution is nerfing rune for single champion in the game. Alright. Do you know how many bugs does mordekaiser have? This shit could disable Aatrox for two weeks and maybe even buff Jhin more. Besides that, your solution is not only dumb from gameplay stand point it is also completely pointless. I say nerf jhin and you say nerf rune for jhin only, which is nerf jhin. And yea I get that maybe you want to bring up other runes liek comet or fleet footwork to make it look like jhin isnt one dimensional character that is only picked because he is broken, but let me give you little newsflash buddy. New rune rework is comming again, you do not know what are they change or if runes arent getting scrapped all together. So why not nerf Jhin untill that happens? Why waste time with crap like balancing him around 3 different runes when they might not even going to exist in two months time. Literally make jhin fair and everything is cool. its not like other adcs have amazing choices of runes like jhin does. Caitlyn can do fleet footwork or press the attack, everything else is garbage, xayah deto, tristana deto. Jhin currently can take 3 different runes and all perform just fine, one does too fine. > This issue only shows that balancing the game around so many champions with so many different mechanics is a nightmare. Yeah thats why nerfing items and runes that any champion can take is really stupid idea. > And I won't blame Riot for that, it's destined to happen. And they don't want to gut out Jhin for this matter. Gutting a champion to make him more "viable" for others is a mistake they made multiple times. I'm pretty sure they don't want to make this mistake again and again. Or maybe they will. Why would they not want to gut jhin? He is problematic for solo que and I havent seen him in lcs that much. This shit literally looks like favoritism at this point.
> [{quoted}](name=FreeOfChargeHoe,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gEQR0bxz,comment-id=0001000500010000,timestamp=2018-08-30T12:54:54.356+0000) > > Again, JHIN synergises with those items, not caitlyn, not kog maw, not tristana, not xayah. I could go on and on. Unless riot is preparing another ADC item rework, nerfing Jhin is absolutely a fucking solution. You act like no one else in the game gets a ridiculous boost out of Stormrazor. {{champion:107}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:222}}
: yes so you play Nasus like a tank but why play him over anyone else that does that role better like {{champion:57}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:516}} in a realistic game you'll have no damage since you aren't stacking. Nasus is played as a splitpusher, not to be selfish but because that's how he's designed. He is hard to teamfight with because he is kited easily (another reason to go triforce) and is very weak to peel and will only succeed if the other team just doesn't build for it. Now if he splitpushed instead of teamfighting he'll have a bunch of stacks requiring at least 2 people, maybe 3 lategame to go stop him from 3 shotting turrets.
Who says tank Nasus isn't stacking if he goes tank build? You can split and stack, then go help in teamfights. I agree that he can be kited but is it a bad thing that he has counterplay? He really shouldn't be able to 1v3 or 1v5, but if he's with his team and built to actually be a tank who supports them things work out well. Building him as a split pusher who takes out turrets in three shots might be fun for you, but is it good for your team?
: Thanos got sick of the balance of League and decided to fix it himself.
{{champion:17}} {{champion:105}} were spared. There is no god.
: > [{quoted}](name=Capn Of Capns,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JlsaRbeQ,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-08-29T21:37:29.875+0000) > > Anyone else remember the old days when you built Wukong with AS/On-Hit items? I remember using more or less the same build as Nocturne on him and it working out really well. I'd never try that in this meta though, dueling is just not good. {{champion:5}} doesn't duel either just want more burst damage
Dang yeah, that's a good example as well. I used to go Xin for chill jungle games because he was easy; now for some reason I can't get him to work for me.
: >I've noticed recently as well (maybe it was in a patch I didn't read) that hitting her with _anything_ stuns, not just crowd control. You're entirely incorrect on this. Maybe you misunderstood what happened but that simply isn't the case.
It's my understanding that hitting her with crowd control stuns you if she parries it while pointing the parry at you. Last time I checked, ignite is not crowd control. I hit her with ignite at the same moment she hit parry and I got stunned. She ran away. Not on fire, btw, because parry can block ignite as well. I'll allow that maybe I misunderstood what I saw or something else happened that I didn't catch, but I'm pretty confident in this. And I'm 100% dead sure she blocked the ignite, which is annoying as hell to me. I actually just went and read it and now I'm calling double bullsh*. She stuns _if she hits you with it after you hit her with a *cc*_. She was too far to have hit me as ignite has a longer range than Riposte and while I haven't lab tested this I'm fairly sure she can stun more than one person despite what the ability says. I'm almost tempted to take her into a custom and start testing this stuff out, but she isn't played enough to bug test her.
Cunky (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Capn Of Capns,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4uJYTPRA,comment-id=001a000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-29T23:09:49.181+0000) > > I get that, but I'm saying after you do that burst of damage that's it. They kill you. If you built a defensive item instead or even a {{item:3074}} your chances of living go up. nanananana you suck them off with your maiden and the lifesteal from q is big with a lot of ad its good
You ever actually read the Q? It doesn't have any lifesteal on it. Which is why I said build a lifesteal item like Hydra. The Q restores a flat amount of health, increased if your health is low.
y0r1ck (NA)
: Why am I so dense? Because you said you can push every lane at once. You said you leave your ghouls in one. That's one lane. You said you push with maiden in another (notice how it's not specified that you're with it). That's two lanes. How do you push the third if not with yorick himself? I'm so dense.
... His team is in mid having a standoff. Boy! Read this. > [{quoted}](name=Verxint,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=4uJYTPRA,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-08-29T06:33:27.604+0000) > >**for the love of crap let me spawn ghouls and have them travel with the creeps would you just go mid and have a standoff reeeee**
: How exactly does putting a W in the jungle help escape in **a lane** again?
You didn't say anything about a lane, quit moving goalposts. Nasus can escape **a single person** better than Yorick can. Yorick can block **an entire team** if he positions it right, and at the least slow them down. Neither of them has an actual escape, but their cc can let them try to run away.
: FIX YOUR DAMN CLIENT
My game was freezing and I kept having to task manager close it so I went looking for bug fixes. Pretty sure Nunu landing a snowball is what kept making the game freeze to death. So I go on the boards and find a bug fix thread, follow the link to the bug fix site, and spend an hour or so doing everything on it. Game hasn't frozen since. The client has. And does. Every time. For some reason the client takes up CPU on my computer so I had to set it up to shut down while game is running. This has resulted in it always taking a minute to load back in, which they do warn you about, but now when it loads back in it's super glitchy and slow to the point where giving honor is actually kind of hard. Sometimes after giving honor the whole window other than friends list (which is blank) goes black, flashes a couple times, then loads the post-game lobby. I get that it's because my computer is old as hell but still, I followed the Riot guide to making the game work better and it made the client worse. That seem right to you? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
Terozu (NA)
: One, its memes and games. Two, Iceborn Nasus has a 47% winrate. Trinity has a 55% winrate. So you're just wrong.
That's for all elos right? The downfall to Iceborn Nasus is he is geared to help his team. So if his team lets him down....
: I think its more that this is just the memes board. If this was happening in Gameplay, I would agree.
I didn't even notice that. Very true.
Cunky (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Capn Of Capns,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=LpjN6GpW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-29T22:14:06.263+0000) > > I've had an opinion about Nasus ever since I first started playing him years ago. There are two types of Nasus players. > Selfish gits who build Trinity Force and lose > True Nasus players who build Iceborn Gauntlet and win > > It's actually very interesting to see it happen game after game. The key to this, I think, is that Iceborn players have a mentality of "I am an unmoveable wall for my team. I will hold these bastards down and feed my team gold." Tri-Force players meanwhile are obsessed with getting kills and doing big Q damage. > Another important note to hit on is the difference in movement abilities of the items. Trinity force speeds Nasus up enabling him to chase- but what of his team? Iceborn meanwhile slows enemies, allowing Nasus _and his team_ to keep up with his target. People always want to focus on his fighting power but seem to forget his team utility. Reducing armor for your adc/assassins is great, and withering an assassin trying to go after your backline is superb. But nah, "gotta get those Q chunks." > > I don't play Nasus often any more because I get bored with winning streaks and I want to learn new champs, but my kit "essentials" were almost always {{summoner:3}} {{summoner:6}} {{item:3025}} . I took a break for a couple years and if I were to Nasus again I'd probably still do those, but maybe add in a {{item:3742}} or a {{item:3800}} . https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/492/463/e1a.jpg
Actually having discussion on a discussion board? What was I thinking?!?!?!?!11? https://i.giphy.com/media/MBe9PYLYI2p2M/giphy.webp Seriously, it's like two paragraphs. The absolute state of mankind.
Jobriq (NA)
: >items don't give stats, items give abilities the fuck? items absolutely give stats in Dota.
Like I said, haven't played it. Googled a page of items just now though and it seems to me that the stats they give are very low and the items are mainly bought for their passives and actives. Unless a single attribute point scales really hard in game?
Show more

Capn Of Capns

Level 127 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion