Myyr (NA)
: I've had a ticket in for two accounts to have them unbanned, they were perma'd years ago. My tickets have been open since 7/30.. so four days. Is that typical? Or should I just consider that the response? I have no experience with tickets.
Typical, just keep waiting! Sorry that the queue's so long. {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
Teddy626 (NA)
: I mean I assume your a regular guy like us....but did you get your response yet? I think so many of us are waiting for a chance to show our reform :(
Nothing yet, it's getting close to 3 days since my ticket was assigned to an agent. The queue must be really packed.
: I sent a ticket 4 days ago, still no response :( I've spent 7 months away from the game, I am ready to reform.
Don't worry man, just a little longer and we'll have our responses. :)
: Dealing with a breakup
That's awful to hear, seriously. We're here for you buddy, just keep powering through and remember that things always get better with time.
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Lito,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7A36lpIH,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-08-02T22:58:11.949+0000) > > A few days for Riot to process the ticket & then potentially a two week suspension so Riot can punish you a little longer. I have yet to be unbanned so I'm not sure as to how honor works. if they dont fix the honor i dont think there's a point because they're just going to group the low honors together to make them engage each other like they usually do
I highly doubt that Wookie will do that because it'd just be repeating a major flaw of the Level 20 Challenge, hopefully they'll be avoiding that.
: how long does it take? also are you at honor 2?
A few days for Riot to process the ticket & then potentially a two week suspension so Riot can punish you a little longer. I have yet to be unbanned so I'm not sure as to how honor works.
: Hey there Lito, It seems that I'm not in the same boat as everyone else I've encountered that had their permanent bans lifted. I didn't had to wait the two-week period before playing again. Could be that I never had a two-week ban in my case (skipped straight to a permanent ban)? https://imgur.com/a/q4U0pqk
I'm not sure yet because they have yet to contact me about my own ban. There are two possibilities: 1. You're right & because you never had a two week (instant perma) you were excused & started off fresh. 2. The duration of your punishment (2+ years) was already long enough that it was pointless to force you to have to also endure a two week suspension, hence Riot chose against forcing you into it. Depending on what they do relative to my account (this one having been banned since May 2017) it'll more so look like either #1 or #2 is correct. Alternatively there's a #3 which is that you got special treatment because of your agent but that's very, VERY unlikely.
: You wont find them here, write a ticket to the support.
On top of this Live Chat isn't enabled anyways so the only available route is to write a ticket.
: I'm still waiting to get an opportunity as many people. It's been almost 2 years since my ban and I learned a lot of things after it. Especially learning to have a positive attitude, it's a videogame so you are supposed to have fun rather than having a bad moment. I hope an agent reads my ticket soon, I'm hoping to get an opportunity to prove players like us can change.
You and me pal, you and me both. {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: All perma banned players have to wait 2weeks so it will probably be two weeks before we know anything which is weird lol
Yeah ,this may have been a bit early on my part lol {{sticker:sg-zephyr}}
: Still waiting for riot to answer my ticket. Can you help me please? This account i'm on is the one.
I'm still waiting too, it's just that a ton of people are taking the chance to apply. Don't respond to your ticket & just wait it out I suppose, we'll get a response eventually - I know it!
: https://imgur.com/a/qFWXQ2H https://imgur.com/a/kFb7TVd As an Yasuo main almost every game Im disrespected and ignore it as much as I can. One "wonderful" day a little annoying Zoe appeard in a Normal Game on my Team. I was playing adc in 8.14 lul as Jhin with a Thresh support. We lost lane and Zoe started aggressively to blame me and I was like " The next annoyance that disrespects me". Im not such a fan of Zoe players and when she started to ping me for everything i boiled up and replied her as she deserved (You can see what I've said in the pictures). After the game ended I didnt report her ( because I dont want to be a bad guy, i just lost my nerves), but she reported me. Fifteen minutes later THE GREAT Instant Feedback Report banned me due to detecting "kys". I was honor level 4 ( 3 checkpoints) and now honor level 0 with locked rewards because Im "far below the standarts of League community". And the thing that i dont understand is why they said "everyone deserves respect on the Rift" when Im endlessly blamed for being an Yasuo main. Well.. that's from me... Great system, Great game! _Note: This is my second account. The first one got permanently banned because it was hacked and someone else used third party programs_
> [{quoted}](name=dunadan64,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7A36lpIH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-02T19:24:17.239+0000) > > https://imgur.com/a/qFWXQ2H > > https://imgur.com/a/kFb7TVd > > As an Yasuo main almost every game Im disrespected and ignore it as much as I can. One "wonderful" day a little annoying Zoe appeard in a Normal Game on my Team. I was playing adc in 8.14 lul as Jhin with a Thresh support. We lost lane and Zoe started aggressively to blame me and I was like " The next annoyance that disrespects me". Im not such a fan of Zoe players and when she started to ping me for everything i boiled up and replied her as she deserved (You can see what I've said in the pictures). After the game ended I didnt report her ( because I dont want to be a bad guy, i just lost my nerves), but she reported me. Fifteen minutes later THE GREAT Instant Feedback Report banned me due to detecting "kys". > > I was honor level 4 ( 3 checkpoints) and now honor level 0 with locked rewards because Im "far below the standarts of League community". > And the thing that i dont understand is why they said "everyone deserves respect on the Rift" when Im endlessly blamed for being an Yasuo main. > > Well.. that's from me... Great system, Great game! > > _Note: This is my second account. The first one got permanently banned because it was hacked and someone else used third party programs_ Sorry about your account but (not to burst your bubble or anything) this doesn't belong here, this is a thread for players who got unbanned in the NA experiment. I hope you get back to Honor 4 soon though and I'm sorry that people can be assholes just because you like playing a certain champ.
: my account was banned 2 years ago, yesterday just got put down to a 2 week, so in 2 weeks ill be able to play again. the account has 5k rp on it lol, along with so many skins that are now not gone to waste. i love that riot is making this change. they do say that they will be actively monitoring accounts once they're unbanned.
> [{quoted}](name=Joseph Gladstone,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7A36lpIH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-02T18:03:37.441+0000) > > my account was banned 2 years ago, yesterday just got put down to a 2 week, so in 2 weeks ill be able to play again. > > the account has 5k rp on it lol, along with so many skins that are now not gone to waste. > > i love that riot is making this change. they do say that they will be actively monitoring accounts once they're unbanned. I'm glad to hear that you got unbanned! I hope that things go well and that you manage to hold onto that account for a long time. :)
: I don't have the same views on toxicity as majority of the sub in here, I'm only (reformed) because I have to, not because I want to, I don't type because I can lose my account. I think toxicity is meme'd around especially in ranked, I think that the higher elo you go, the more toxic there is, and people will say causation!=correlation, but I disagree, I think toxicity in general is healthy for competition. Downvote me for disagreeing, like always.
> [{quoted}](name=VALUABLE PLAYER,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7A36lpIH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-02T16:37:02.335+0000) > > I don't have the same views on toxicity as majority of the sub in here, I'm only (reformed) because I have to, not because I want to, I don't type because I can lose my account. I think toxicity is meme'd around especially in ranked, I think that the higher elo you go, the more toxic there is, and people will say causation!=correlation, but I disagree, I think toxicity in general is healthy for competition. Downvote me for disagreeing, like always. I respect your view, even if I don't think it's completely right. As long as you're not being toxic though I'm happy!
: NA unban experiment
Wait for your ticket to be processed, it'll take time but they'll get to it.
Rioter Comments
NTCDevô (NA)
: I want to attemp my reform for my original first account. Who do I have to contact to test this? I really would like my original account back
> [{quoted}](name=NTCDevô,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0044,timestamp=2018-08-02T05:52:35.196+0000) > > I want to attemp my reform for my original first account. Who do I have to contact to test this? I really would like my original account back https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us File a ticket under "I have a question regarding my suspension..." & ask for it back under the experiment! Good luck, not all accounts are being unbanned though :(
monizor (NA)
: Im pretty bummed, i was told my account is too old and they deleted the details. I saw someone else banned in Jan 2016 post that they got unbanned and my account was punished around the same time. Theres a lot of people posting about intentionally feeding,trolling their own teams and telling people to kill themselves saying that they received a second chance. I didn't even do those things, I was just annoying to my teammates and responded to flamers and trolls. Sigh, I waited a long time for this and now I dont even get a chance, congrats to everyone else I guess.
> [{quoted}](name=monizor,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0046,timestamp=2018-08-02T13:26:44.300+0000) > > Im pretty bummed, i was told my account is too old and they deleted the details. I saw someone else banned in Jan 2016 post that they got unbanned and my account was punished around the same time. Theres a lot of people posting about intentionally feeding,trolling their own teams and telling people to kill themselves saying that they received a second chance. I didn't even do those things, I was just annoying to my teammates and responded to flamers and trolls. > > Sigh, I waited a long time for this and now I dont even get a chance, congrats to everyone else I guess. Well if it's any consolation they still haven't told me about my ban yet, I may get rejected too for all I know.
: Support starting items
I agree with OP, the ability for supports to take anything but red pots was lost with the change & I'd really appreciate seeing Rejuvenation Bead + Faerie Charm back as a possibility through this change.
: If they were gonna give me a chance if I wasn’t but banned by tribunal, I’m sure they will give you a chance ! I was banned abt like 12/13 so you know I was toxic lol . Imma stay on the forums to see you guys with the good news !
> [{quoted}](name=ATamagotchiNerd,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0041000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:34:30.635+0000) > > If they were gonna give me a chance if I wasn’t but banned by tribunal, I’m sure they will give you a chance ! I was banned abt like 12/13 so you know I was toxic lol . Imma stay on the forums to see you guys with the good news ! I'll make sure you're the first to know! :)
Rizzzo (NA)
: I was banned over a year ago for being toxic in the chat.. and on the ticket they said that thye are only unbanning players that were falsely accused.. does that mean I have no chance at an unban?
> [{quoted}](name=The Arctic King,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=004200000001,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:22:02.592+0000) > > I was banned over a year ago for being toxic in the chat.. and on the ticket they said that thye are only unbanning players that were falsely accused.. does that mean I have no chance at an unban? 'Falsely accused' sounds like their normal policy which is really odd. Maybe ask for a bit more context or tell them that you heard that players are being unbanned for WookieCookie's experiment?
: thanks :( hope you get yours
> [{quoted}](name=ATamagotchiNerd,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=00410000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T21:03:12.665+0000) > > thanks :( hope you get yours I may not but here's to hoping!
: Just got a 14 day ban for telling my Lee "fuck off man" "wtf is your problem" "Lee is so selfish" and saying "My lanes over" and "ignorant bronzie" game was 35 minutes long these were the only toxic things I said Lee who refused to gank my lane when I begged him and yes the enemy was pushed and smited my cannon minion aswell as pushed my lane for some reason making me sit in turret and lose all cs but he's nicely in his next game.
> [{quoted}](name=report yasuo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7jrQQyqZ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:59:55.796+0000) > > Just got a 14 day ban for telling my Lee "fuck off man" "wtf is your problem" "Lee is so selfish" and saying "My lanes over" and "ignorant bronzie" game was 35 minutes long these were the only toxic things I said Lee who refused to gank my lane when I begged him and yes the enemy was pushed and smited my cannon minion aswell as pushed my lane for some reason making me sit in turret and lose all cs but he's nicely in his next game. Yeah, these sort of things get you banned. While it isn't really too offensive it still triggers several key words in the system (ex. "fuck off", "ignorant bronzie" etc.) & depending on the severity of things gets you punished. This is the type of stuff that ended up getting me perma'd in the first place.
Rizzzo (NA)
: What is the process to appeal
> [{quoted}](name=The Arctic King,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0042,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:53:40.728+0000) > > What is the process to appeal Go here: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us Submit a request File a ticket under "I have a question regarding my suspension or..." Fill out the ticket & submit - you should get a response in 2-4 days.
: Sorry autocorrect iPhones are confusing . Because I was banned by tribunal they can’t unban my account :(..
> [{quoted}](name=ATamagotchiNerd,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=004100000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:30:32.682+0000) > > Sorry autocorrect iPhones are confusing . Because I was banned by tribunal they can’t unban my account :(.. That's terrible...I'm so sorry {{sticker:sg-janna}}
: Riot said they can’t unban me cause I wasn’t banned by tribunal .. shits sad man I don’t understand why :( it really sucks
> [{quoted}](name=ATamagotchiNerd,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0041,timestamp=2018-08-01T20:22:13.935+0000) > > Riot said they can’t unban me cause I wasn’t banned by tribunal .. shits sad man I don’t understand why :( it really sucks Wait, what? They should be able to unban you regardless of if it was by Tribunal or not - try asking them again.
: its almost 3 days and no respones im hoping i see one soon : ( ..
: I just think these boards like to criticize more rather than give anything positive, especially on player behavior. I'm just trying to break the stereotype here of "person got punished, blames everyone but himself, tantrum shows him otherwise, comments rip him to shreds"
Oh yeah I don't doubt you for a second, just hope that the boards are a bit nicer here since you are being genuine.
: I need some advice for my negativity
Being downvoted for asking honestly about advice? Fuck that shit, take my upvote. I could go into a long paragraph of advice but Zombie Gerbil did that for me. All I'm gonna say - Treat people like you want to be treated and always, ALWAYS remember that by winning and climbing you're still oneuping the players you want to flame, even without saying anything. Having good mental = less stress & better health as well, even if it's rough at first. Good luck man!
: Riot had no obligation to lift my permabanned acount, yet I'm very grateful for their decision.
: When exactly is this coming into effect?
It's in effect right now, if you want to participate you have to send in a support ticket. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us
: First off, this has nothing to do with the game, this has the entirety to do with real life and how he feels about himself for treating others poorly. Secondly, a rule in the game is no different than a law in real life, social interactions are gated by laws or rules that try to control how we interact with each other. This is not "self-reflection" of how you can not feed, or not int, or not insult people. This is self-reflection on how acting how we perceive as "bad" as you are a "bad" person. Athletes are emotional and passionate about their sport, they will show it, it makes them who they are. Don't tell people your agenda on how THEY'RE suppose to act to your standards. Laws and rules can do that, rather, we have to accept the simple truth. People are who they are, and they need to accept themselves in the same manner and not label them some bullshit word like "toxic" because some other people called them that. This is about controlling your emotions, where as you're talking about embracing and exploding with emotions. This is not about how you can get away with telling people they're bad, this is about understanding consequences to your actions, and if you do such behavior it can get you banned. I don't have to agree with it, which I don't agree with permabans, but what I can do is accept me and who I am, and my actions that define me and just be okay with it and control them. It's okay to tell someone they suck, but not embrace emotion? It sounds like you are also emotional and care about the game and want to express that to your fellow players, and that's OKAY, just understand, in this game, there may be consequences. It doesn't make you "toxic" because you feel, it makes you human.
Quinzley (EUNE)
: You better be a gud boi.
> [{quoted}](name=Quinzley,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-08-01T11:26:12.624+0000) > > You better be a gud boi. Ofc
: You know I can't help but to feel like league is failing and instead of actually fixing it they would rather get the people that were banned back so people actually play... I don't know how true this comment is - but I can't help but to think that is what happened
> [{quoted}](name=Pacattack25,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=003a,timestamp=2018-08-01T03:50:12.662+0000) > > You know I can't help but to feel like league is failing and instead of actually fixing it they would rather get the people that were banned back so people actually play... > > I don't know how true this comment is - but I can't help but to think that is what happened Whether it's actually the case or not is beyond me, I just know that a few reformed players will be happy to have their accounts back at the very least.
: when is this actually happening???
> [{quoted}](name=Homiedude69,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0039,timestamp=2018-08-01T03:28:05.118+0000) > > when is this actually happening??? Right now. Send Player Support a ticket & put it under the 'Question about a suspension' section asking for an unban to be a part of this experiment. And please, PLEASE - actually reform. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us
Ifneth (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Lito,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7jrQQyqZ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-31T20:48:29.070+0000) > > This is tricky to answer in my case. You see my parents (and sometimes myself) believe that I'm a sweetheart, a really kind person in real life. And it's true - ever since like 5th grade I've been a loyal slave to the school system & haven't done anything that would hurt people's feelings. However...that's a mask. And the inner part of myself (the part that puts myself above others, has huge self-esteem & doesn't like time wasted) can definitely be considered toxic. > > So in other words - I'm actually not what you'd call 'toxic' in real life, quite the opposite. It's mostly when I escape onto the internet that I let my emotions out, usually by flaming (though I don't do it nearly as much nowadays). So the best way to put it would probably be emotional, I have high pride/self-esteem & I get really hurt when I feel like I'm gonna lose because either I'm not good enough (though back in the day I wouldn't admit that) or when my team isn't good enough. You sound like you have narcissistic personality disorder. Textbook case. All the symptoms. 1) Two selves. The first one is the outer one, all nice and friendly, but fake. The second is the inner one, proud, selfish, and explosive. 2) Weak or absent conscience. In real life, you’re nice to fit in, be rewarded, and hide your true nature. Oneline, you’ve been toxic because it won’t come back to haunt you and stopped only because Riot kept banning you. 3) Ego issues. When you feel inadequte (lose because you’re not good enough) or slighted (lose because your teammates aren’t) you feel threatened and explode. From putting yourself before others to being very emotional about how you think of yourself, from the flaming to the mask your wear to hide it all, everything comes back to this. I’m surprised that you have developed a grasp of this and are willing to talk about it. Things can get better if you want. It would take years of therapy addressing the most vulnerable parts of your self and drastic changes to how you relate to the world, but you could be rehabilitated into a healthy human being. You could feel love, friendship, and and many other emotions as more than just fleeting impressions on your outer self. Your ego would be strong enough not to need two layers of mind to protect it. You could live as a single, whole individual without any deep, dark secret to hide and live your life around. I feel like you’re gonna day “nah,” but what the heck. Might as well post this.
> [{quoted}](name=Ifneth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=7jrQQyqZ,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-08-01T03:27:15.003+0000) > > You sound like you have narcissistic personality disorder. Textbook case. All the symptoms. > > 1) Two selves. The first one is the outer one, all nice and friendly, but fake. The second is the inner one, proud, selfish, and explosive. > > 2) Weak or absent conscience. In real life, you’re nice to fit in, be rewarded, and hide your true nature. Oneline, you’ve been toxic because it won’t come back to haunt you and stopped only because Riot kept banning you. > > 3) Ego issues. When you feel inadequte (lose because you’re not good enough) or slighted (lose because your teammates aren’t) you feel threatened and explode. From putting yourself before others to being very emotional about how you think of yourself, from the flaming to the mask your wear to hide it all, everything comes back to this. > > I’m surprised that you have developed a grasp of this and are willing to talk about it. Things can get better if you want. It would take years of therapy addressing the most vulnerable parts of your self and drastic changes to how you relate to the world, but you could be rehabilitated into a healthy human being. > > You could feel love, friendship, and and many other emotions as more than just fleeting impressions on your outer self. Your ego would be strong enough not to need two layers of mind to protect it. You could live as a single, whole individual without any deep, dark secret to hide and live your life around. > > I feel like you’re gonna day “nah,” but what the heck. Might as well post this. Well...that was deep. All I'll say to that is that I am looking to enjoy my life and be happy, if it means improving as a person (and by extent improving my 'disorder') then by all means I'll do it, which I genuinely believe I have been. I wouldn't have even admitted I was the reason I got banned a year or so ago, much less talk about it in an unbiased manner.
Teddy626 (NA)
: Has anyone gotten a reply on their ticket yet? Its gonna be 24 hours for me soon with nothing yet. I'm hopeful....just curious.
> [{quoted}](name=Teddy626,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2FVumk1h,comment-id=0037,timestamp=2018-08-01T01:09:25.505+0000) > > Has anyone gotten a reply on their ticket yet? Its gonna be 24 hours for me soon with nothing yet. I'm hopeful....just curious. The queue is incredibly long due to an influx of people wanting the free Riot skins + hearing about this news. It's been 2+ days and still nothing for me yet either, just stay strong!
: I don't understand. I checked my perma'd old main account and it is still banned. Is this happening later or do you have to apply or something?
: How do we participate?
Apply w/ a support ticket here (and please - actually reform). https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us File it under the "I have a question regarding my suspension or..." area.
: Amateur hour over here. This is my 12th account xd As to why I'm toxic, I just don't understand sometimes how some people can be so bad if they're at my elo, and it pisses me off when people are being stupid and think they're right. If people are like "ah shit man I messed up sorry about that," I'm cool with that. You made a mistake and acknowledged it, alright. But if you then start blaming your jungler, or talking about how lucky the other guy is, and then when I tell you to do XXXX differently they say I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about, when I'm master and know fairly well how the damn game works, I fucking go off. Or when people aren't trying, give up, and try to ruin the game for their team. Basically I just fucking hate losing, especially when it's due to my teammates and not something I had control over. I also hate when people are saying they're sucking because I'm toxic, and I'm the reason we're not winning not them going 0-8 in 10 minutes before I even say anything. Basically I hate people being absolutely wrong and thinking they're right. I also hate it when people think I'm bad so if I'm having a bad game or some shit I'm in a very confrontational mood because I'm very prideful about this game. If I get camped or something or am losing lane and think the guy I'm playing against thinks he's better than me I go the fuck off lol. Also Riot actually pisses me off and makes me toxic as well, because I think it's ridiculous they care more about typing in chat than actually ruining games, so when I have somebody running it down on me it pisses me off cuz I know they're gonna get away punishment free where if I say anything I'm gonna get perma'd. So I generally let the inter go and don't talk shit but then am in a worse/more confrontational mood my next game for when somebody is just trash at the game, and has to have an IQ similar to that of a kumquat, and I seriously wonder how they function in society.
That username, lol... I don't disagree that people being entitled when they aren't very skilled is a good thing, neither do I think that Riot still having issues punishing griefers/trolls and the like is okay. I have faith though and I think things can get better.
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Lito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63chg3BJ,comment-id=001c0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:39:39.162+0000) > > I actually have another question (though I'll wait in line). > > What (if I can ask) is your opinion as both a Player AND as a Rioter on the NA experiment regarding unbanning permanently banned players? PERSONAL OPINION: I personally think everyone deserves a second chance :D
> [{quoted}](name=Riot LasIow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63chg3BJ,comment-id=001c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:41:13.388+0000) > > PERSONAL OPINION: I personally think everyone deserves a second chance :D _Yus_ Also I think you skipped VermillionWolf's (question on Page 4, just making sure he gets noticed!
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Lito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63chg3BJ,comment-id=001c00000000,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:35:32.508+0000) > > Alright, that's fair. Sorry for the reposted question. No problem at all! I figured if it was asked twice I may as well give the best answer I could to it. Sorry it's not too in depth there.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot LasIow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63chg3BJ,comment-id=001c000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:37:48.732+0000) > > No problem at all! I figured if it was asked twice I may as well give the best answer I could to it. Sorry it's not too in depth there. I actually have another question (though I'll wait in line). What (if I can ask) is your opinion as both a Player AND as a Rioter on the NA experiment regarding unbanning permanently banned players? I'm obviously biased since this account is still permabanned but I'm curious as to what you think on it, you seem like a cool dude.
: > [{quoted}](name=Captain Lito,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63chg3BJ,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:33:05.608+0000) > > I'm not sure if this is your place to answer Laslow (You're a funny guy btw) but have you guys been considering the addition of an 'NA West' server as of late? I know that not a lot of people play on NA as it is but with the right changes player counts could go back up, especially if western players get their 30 ping back. I was thinking Salt Lake City could be a good server location maybe (but I'm NA East so what do I know). So this question was asked earlier and I didn't answer it because I don't work with game realms and how they are chosen to split/combine (think EUW/EUNE vs. NA as an example). I can say that if that ever happens we would work with connectivity as best we could to support that.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot LasIow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=63chg3BJ,comment-id=001c0000,timestamp=2018-07-31T21:34:58.084+0000) > > So this question was asked earlier and I didn't answer it because I don't work with game realms and how they are chosen to split/combine (think EUW/EUNE vs. NA as an example). I can say that if that ever happens we would work with connectivity as best we could to support that. Alright, that's fair. Sorry for the reposted question.
: Riot Direct AMA!
I'm not sure if this is your place to answer Laslow (You're a funny guy btw) but have you guys been considering the addition of an 'NA West' server as of late? I know that not a lot of people play on NA as it is but with the right changes player counts could go back up, especially if western players get their 30 ping back. I was thinking Salt Lake City could be a good server location maybe (but I'm NA East so what do I know).
: We all have weaknesses and flaws that make us who we are. Who is really a "Bad" person. Even a psychopathic person doesn't view themselves as a "bad" person. I know it is self-loathing that allows us to push forward and make others maybe feel bad for us, or just an excuse for why we act the way we act. We are who we are. We make mistakes, we grow, we go through ups we go through downs. Just accept you are who you are, don't shame yourself for reasons like this game, or someone calling you something and you feeling like "Yeah I am that..." Accept it, if you truly believe you have a few bad traits, then embrace them as apart of who you are. I know I've made mistakes, we all do, we all try to make amends and maybe chase to get rid of these "bad" traits that may define us. Over the years though, I've come to accept that they are just some of the many things that are apart of us, and are who make us, us. The "bad" the "good" it all combines to make us into who we are today. I know my confidence in myself went up a lot when I accepted that into my life, just accepting the fact I am flawed, I make mistakes, I know I will make more. That said, I know I do good, and help others the best I can. I always have good intent, even if I may say it the wrong way or strike the wrong words with someone. Maybe I am overly sensitive or not sensitive enough, it doesn't matter, because ultimately if I always said the right things at the right time, and did things in a different way, I wouldn't be me.
: yo i just had a jhin that got blitz hooked 11 times in laning phase and at the end of the game the jhin and thresh were telling the enemy to report me for being toxic. All i kept hearing was kill, double kill, and they were at bottom base tower at 15minutes. I say thanks for inting ill meet you at fountain, 3minutes later games over and were in lobby. Jhin thresh and my jungler say report me because i afk'd. It's not fair that someone can lose so bad that it effects other lanes then they get to report me for getting upset, and even swaying the enemy to ban me aswell for afking. Like at what point is it ok to say the game is over? 10 deaths? 15deaths? thresh and jhin had 15 combined deaths and lost both towers, gave up dragon and rift, and continued to be useless, but im the one getting reported? what has this community become.. in the lobby the enemy said afking is not acceptable and they were reporting me to. So wheres the line exactly? i can die every 2minutes in game and no punishment but afking with no base left and rift herald destroying my mid with fed enemies is an offence to these people?
Knowing when a game is over or not (and when opening is okay) is tricky. In my opinion the long story short is that you'll know when to open when you know that: 1. Your entire team has lost hope & is flaming each other (or afk) 2. You can't solo carry the game Basically - evaluate the situation, think "Is this winnable with how my teammates are holding up, gold-wise & mental wise?" and if you really don't see it being winnable just be prepared to go next. **HOWEVER:** 1. If your team doesn't want to give up, don't force them. That's stupid & does nothing but tilt your team further & make you look like the bad guy. 2. Don't flame or even criticize your team with sarcasm or anything of the like. They already know they're doing badly, no need to rub it in (In particular I'm referring to the "thanks for inting" bit. People are sensitive fucks, a game may be winnable until you say the wrong thing and send someone off the deep end. 3. Just because you know a game is over doesn't mean your team will. Play it by ear, maybe a miracle will happen. Worst case your time is slightly wasted but at least you didn't lash out at your teammates. And, side note - The game you mentioned sounded to be completely over in my opinion with both your botlaners totally outclassed & tilted. Opening there was 100% legitimate.
: Why do you call it a "mask"? You are acting as if you are some sinister evil person who puts up a front that you are nice and generous. Having a high self-esteem and self confidence is not bad. Putting yourself above others also is not a bad thing, you are after all the ONLY person in the world who matters. Being emotional is also not a bad thing. I think the way you go about it may be bad, maybe because of internet anonymity you feel like you can say more things than normal without full consequence, like someone attacking you. Your first paragraph makes it seem like you think badly of yourself, then say you have a high-self esteem. Be proud of who you are, don't shame yourself and tag yourself. If you are openly good, but competitive in this game, that's fine. Be passionate, be courageous. Like you said, you don't flame as much as you do, and that's good. But it is okay to feel upset and emotional about game states, just don't openly attack people.
I used to (and still do) self-deprecate a lot, me calling it a 'mask' is probably an example of that. For a while I just had a huge focus on my negative traits & assumed that's who I would always be, sort of making me into who I am today. Nowadays I'm aware that I'm not really that bad of a person (especially compared to some douchebags) but I still hit myself pretty hard when I screw up. Part of the reason I probably ended up becoming toxic in the first place was to ensure that I didn't commit suicide out of self-loathing for my mistakes in-game. So yeah, I've had issues in my self-confidence & who I am. Those are getting better though, as is my mentality & my in-game performance. Thanks for the kind words.
: did you ever try to reform and fail, before this latest account?
Yes, on whisper of snow. On that account I managed to 'reform' for a brief period of time (like a few months) before I finally cracked again because Plat is a hellish ELO full of incompetents. It was a good step forward for me but I still wasn't 'reformed' yet, I was just more occupied with trying for Plat 2 at the time. My current status on ShinodaChan is (both rank-wise & mentality-wise) much better than whisper of snow.
Bijeesny (EUNE)
: Do you think you would be less toxic if your teammates in ranked (or in game in general) were giving their 100% to win the game? Because that's my tilt trigger- when I play with some1 who obviously doesn't give a fuck about winning, they are just playing for the sake of playing.
Yes, I absolutely would - 100%. I hate when people don't give their all (especially in ranked) and the fact that some players have really weak mentalities triggers me beyond no end.
: So...The issue is that...You more or less lose your temper at them not trying? Is that what you're saying?
Not exactly, sorry if I was a little spaced out. Sleepy day. In **real life** I have a huge problem with people who go about their lives not contributing to society and just lazing about like sloths. People like this (teens who don't try in high school, fraternities, people who abuse welfare etc.) get on my nerves. But this is sorta only in real life. In **RANKED** it's different. In the past I really hated overly positive players (because I was a self-declared pessimist) but overall I've always disliked players who have weak mental. The thing that's pissed me off for thousands of games is when a player on my team either: A. Asks to open mid because they did something stupid B. Asks to open mid because their teammate did something stupid C. AFKs/Ints because their tiny brains can't comprehend the concept of most games being winnable D. Prioritizes flaming over all else (This one being more recent since I would've been a hypocrite otherwise) In otherwords when it comes to ranked I really hate the players who have weak mentalities and resort to flaming, afking, giving up etc etc - those players aren't trying to improve & are incompetent in my opinion. **Outside of ranked** I have a tendency to talk down players who think that they deserve an opinion on the game's balance status when they haven't even gotten into Plat. I dislike how players who (pardon my language) suck dick at the game think they're entitled to declaring how it should be changed for everyone. Cough cough Volibear being gutted from a while back.
Show more

Captain Lito

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion