Ulanopo (NA)
: >You don't play ranked it seems How I play shouldn't have an impact on how I'm treated, but don't you think people go AFK in ARAM? Do you think there aren't scripters in bot matches (and before you get all judgmental on that, consider that I have other hobbies and a complex job, yet have all but two champions without having spent any money on them)?
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-05-20T12:16:43.016+0000) > > How I play shouldn't have an impact on how I'm treated, but don't you think people go AFK in ARAM? Do you think there aren't scripters in bot matches (and before you get all judgmental on that, consider that I have other hobbies and a complex job, yet have all but two champions without having spent any money on them)? No it just means you have no competitive drive and AFK'ers don't result in you losing LP and having more of a struggle to climb. Sure there's bots in leveling and Twisted Treeline, but Riot doesn't care because they do nothing about it. I mean I'm pretty sure everyone here has other hobbies and a job as well, so I'm not sure what point you are making with this. I'm just saying you're playing to strictly have fun probably in premade ARAMs and have no desire for real competition and haven't had to experience losing Promos because someone AFKs or quits.
Chermorg (NA)
: See, you may think I'm a loser, but I look at the boards multiple times each day. There hasn't been an increase in posts about AFK/leaving behavior posts on the boards. I can't speak to what your friends see. But I feel that maybe you're suffering from a form of psychological bias where you enhance the negative experiences and downplay the positives - thus remembering more AFKs where they aren't. You're claiming the system's wrong but only providing circumstantial and non-provable evidence for it. ---- I'd also like to point out that for every post *complaining* about AFKs on the boards, there are usually at least 2, if not 3 of players complaining they got punished for AFKs. Again, your argument doesn't check out.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:18:37.781+0000) > > See, you may think I'm a loser, but I look at the boards multiple times each day. There hasn't been an increase in posts about AFK/leaving behavior posts on the boards. > > I can't speak to what your friends see. But I feel that maybe you're suffering from a form of psychological bias where you enhance the negative experiences and downplay the positives - thus remembering more AFKs where they aren't. > > You're claiming the system's wrong but only providing circumstantial and non-provable evidence for it. > > ---- > I'd also like to point out that for every post *complaining* about AFKs on the boards, there are usually at least 2, if not 3 of players complaining they got punished for AFKs. Again, your argument doesn't check out. Didn't say you are a loser xd. Accusing me of having a psychological disorder isn't really as funny as I think you want it to be or behavior I would expect from an Advisor to be honest. You disagree with me thats fine, you say I have no evidence.. but you have no evidence to prove your opposing point of view either aside from the same sources I stated. The status of this community speaks for itself, it's the laughing stock of online gaming communities and has been for a long time. It is known as the WORST community in history, and for good reason. The report system has done little to change this and has actually created a worse community. What it does is empower people to become EXTREMELY offended at any little thing they can, call someone toxic immediately after, and then hit the report button. It's actually a joke how sensitive people in this community are and how bad this report system is. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone starts AFKING very soon.
: Player Behavior community is to blame for the recent increases in AFKs and quitters.
Hell, even two of League's most well-known players Dyrus and Doublelift left games this month and got zero punishment.
Chermorg (NA)
: What evidence do you have for these claims? You're basing this only on your personal idea because you **want** to find something wrong with *something*. You can't accept that the vast majority of the League community, and boards users, just want to have a fun relaxing game that's competitive but sportsmanlike.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:12:19.389+0000) > > What evidence do you have for these claims? > > You're basing this only on your personal idea because you **want** to find something wrong with *something*. You can't accept that the vast majority of the League community, and boards users, just want to have a fun relaxing game that's competitive but sportsmanlike. Playing in ranked, communication with friends (which is the exact way you claimed it NOT being true), and just looking at the increase of AFK/rage quit/ and basic leavers on boards in the past couple of months. It has become more common knowledge that AFKing typically results in no punishment whereas 1 misstep on a single sentence can cause you a chat ban, 14 day, or perma. I don't WANT anything to be wrong. The game and system has already done that for me. I just point it out instead of glorifying it blindly as Riot's "Yes Man" saying everything they do is perfect all the time.
Ulanopo (NA)
: >you asked for this people of Player Behavior In a way I did. I love not playing with people who think chat is the perfect opportunity to be the asshole they dare not be in real life. I love not playing with thin-skinned exemplars of [Dunning-Kruger](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect). I love not playing with people who are entirely unsympathetic and unfunny. Not that you're any of those things, of course. I'm just saying that the behavior systems work in my favor and that makes me happy.
> [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:04:41.970+0000) > > In a way I did. I love not playing with people who think chat is the perfect opportunity to be the asshole they dare not be in real life. I love not playing with thin-skinned exemplars of [Dunning-Kruger](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect). I love not playing with people who are entirely unsympathetic and unfunny. > > Not that you're any of those things, of course. I'm just saying that the behavior systems work in my favor and that makes me happy. You don't play ranked it seems, so it doesn't really affect you whether or not you get AFK's. Just to be fair here... Before you go all captain positivity on the report system like everyone does in this section.
Chermorg (NA)
: I actually don't want to report anyone. Thinking back about my most recent 10 games, I've reported someone in only 1 of them. I feel that (I can't say for certain) that 10% or so statistic holds true if you look farther back. I don't **want** to have to report anyone. But if someone deserves it, I **will** report it. Further, you cannot use posts to judge this as an increase. For one, there haven't been more than normal. For two, the boards are not representative of how much a behavior is occurring.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:03:33.015+0000) > > I actually don't want to report anyone. Thinking back about my most recent 10 games, I've reported someone in only 1 of them. I feel that (I can't say for certain) that 10% or so statistic holds true if you look farther back. > > I don't **want** to have to report anyone. But if someone deserves it, I **will** report it. > > Further, you cannot use posts to judge this as an increase. For one, there haven't been more than normal. For two, the boards are not representative of how much a behavior is occurring. I highly doubt this is true, but if so then YOU are in the rarity. That is all that most players who type in this forum do is worry about who to report every single game. They feed their lane and then when someone says "farm under turret and we'll carry" they retort with "STFU REPORTED" and then go to the forums to talk about how they were so happy that they got to report someone and how toxic their teammate was who said they should stop dying.. meanwhile they are 0-10 and rest of their team positive. It's a joke.
: But the fact is, this is an online culture to tempt people into typing horrible things so the. You report them to be baned. The only way this is to be stoped would be to remove the core aspect of the ban system, if you do that then flaming someone and being racist would not be extreme instead it would be a “normal” thing that would littlery cause war on teams which would purely destroy the balance of of skill that even remains in this game.
> [{quoted}](name=PERIMITION,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-20T05:01:13.734+0000) > > But the fact is, this is an online culture to tempt people into typing horrible things so the. You report them to be baned. The only way this is to be stoped would be to remove the core aspect of the ban system, if you do that then flaming someone and being racist would not be extreme instead it would be a “normal” thing that would littlery cause war on teams which would purely destroy the balance of of skill that even remains in this game. No it would eventually result in people using the tools that have been given to them... the mute button.
Chermorg (NA)
: Your post is based on the premise that there has been an increase in the behaviors you describe. I pinged a few of my friends who play League. Including 2 who I've never actually played with (one Master tier and one mid Plat) as well as multiple I've only played norms with. Nobody has seen this recent increase you're talking about. ---- Maybe instead of complaining about chat penalties, you should start trying to play better. Players who play poorly are not "straight trolling". Losing lane hard is not trolling and is not punishable. Stop trying to find reasons other than yourself for your performance and actually focus on improving. It helps.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YqfnmmLB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-20T04:58:33.934+0000) > > Your post is based on the premise that there has been an increase in the behaviors you describe. > > I pinged a few of my friends who play League. Including 2 who I've never actually played with (one Master tier and one mid Plat) as well as multiple I've only played norms with. > > Nobody has seen this recent increase you're talking about. > > ---- > Maybe instead of complaining about chat penalties, you should start trying to play better. Players who play poorly are not "straight trolling". Losing lane hard is not trolling and is not punishable. Stop trying to find reasons other than yourself for your performance and actually focus on improving. It helps. I actually agree with the last statement, however YOU and the people of player behavior are the worst offenders of this. You want so badly to report someone every single game, even when someone is giving you advice on how to improve.. but you would rather hit that report button and rush to the forums to talk about how satisfying and happy you are that you are hard stuck but that you got a report notification. It's actually a joke how bad the Player Behavior community is. As far as increases of this behavior, just take a look at the posts in here.. so many AFK/leaver/ragequit posts. Edit: It's quite interesting that you got all of that information about no one seeing an increase in this behavior within a minute of my post.
Rioter Comments
: This is just an instant classic right here
Put it on YouTube as "Classic League Monkey Jungle" and let us know when so we can all watch it since God forbid someone get a wittle offended for naming and shaming LMAO
Rioter Comments
: Thank you so much for reverting LeBlanc, Riot
Seems like you're an ahri 1-trick as well, ahri is far more powerful.. I see ahri's go 0-5 and get one item and 100-0 someone.
: Thank you so much for reverting LeBlanc, Riot
Bone Plating counters leblanc hard af, literally all you have to do is take this mastery and nullifying orb and if you suck can take barrier too and you shove waves and win lane.
Rioter Comments
darkdill (NA)
: Riot, why do you keep adding more true damage? You're making the tanks unable to survive.
Tanks have been the best in choice for 4 roles in the game for the last 2 years. They needed to be gutted and Warmogs needs to be removed.
Rioter Comments
destos (NA)
: riot, are you kidding me?
Sounds super broken on vayne or Kai'sa
: because that one guy that gave yasuo 10 kills in 8 minuets made it impossible to carry. now with that shutdown on his head, you can get back in action. the same also applies to you, so if you want to carry youre encouraged to stay alive and not take stupid risks just because youre fed.
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iunmz4l0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-29T01:15:50.541+0000) > > because that one guy that gave yasuo 10 kills in 8 minuets made it impossible to carry. now with that shutdown on his head, you can get back in action. > > the same also applies to you, so if you want to carry youre encouraged to stay alive and not take stupid risks just because youre fed. That's not even the problem and the Bronze Rioters don't understand that... the problem is that one mistake from one bad player ends up costing a game. It shouldn't be one mistake that loses you a game every single time.
Rioter Comments
: WW Nerfs Are Wrong
Warwick is beyond broken... hands down THE BEST jungler for all levels of solo que under challenger. He does everything and does everything well, fastest mobility, high damage, tanky as fuck, plenty of CC, and retard proof. He needs to be reverted at this point.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Assassin nerf (duskblade) --> compensations; mage nerf (waveclear) --> nothing
They want tanks in every single role so they can change the name of this game to 4 Donkeys and an ADC, thats why they are nerfing mages.
: How do I win as yorick if my teammates just feedwhile I splitpush
This is the conundrum that is baffling everyone this season. No matter how many times you spell it out for your teammates... no matter how many pings you them to back up... no matter how much you say "DO NOT FIGHT FOR 30 SECONDS"... they will fight instantly, die, lose game, and blame you.
Jerah (NA)
: Can I please play bad without having someone flaming up me the ass and telling me to kill myself?
No you cannot. I will tell you this though, if I roast someone in my game for fucking up badly and being an idiot.. if they simply say "my bad" I will leave them alone. Apologies go a long way, the problem with this community is they can't accept responsibility for their mistakes so when they die top lane and you say "stop overextending" they say "stfu idiot jungler muted and reported" because Riot has taught these kids that they don't have to take responsibility for anything if they just report. This community is a fucking joke and a bunch of pansies. Man up.
: The point is to make assassins actually viable by reducing waveclear, not tanks. Ornn is currently shit, one of the worst winrate in the game. Get off the circlejerk.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YIlVEOMa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-23T03:05:31.662+0000) > > The point is to make assassins actually viable by reducing waveclear, not tanks. > > Ornn is currently shit, one of the worst winrate in the game. Get off the circlejerk. If they wanted to make assassin's viable, they only thing they need to do is remove bone plating and stopwatch from the game. Problem solved.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainChinstrap,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kiaxbiuh,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-22T06:58:54.752+0000) > > "fuck is this shit?" - "So fucking broken" > "this shit is" - "this shit should never" - "whoever came up with this idea should legit be fired from the company and forced to live with the homeless" - "game for FUCKING FREE?" > "Riot destroying this game little by little" - "people running this company do not have the guts to get rid of the entire balance team" - "completely goes against what the core of this game has always been" - "Please man up and do the right thing, fire everyone on the balance team." This thread didn't exactly read like you were having a "little fun". And please don't pull a "this thread was a joke everyone here but me is taking it too seriously" and play victim. This thread pretty much has little to no positivity.
> [{quoted}](name=mosaickle,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kiaxbiuh,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-22T09:01:25.140+0000) > > This thread didn't exactly read like you were having a "little fun". > And please don't pull a "this thread was a joke everyone here but me is taking it too seriously" and play victim. This thread pretty much has little to no positivity. ?? I dont have to have positivity about all the negative shit that Riot has put in the game... I really can't cater to people who act "offended" by everything either, that stuff already goes too far nowadays.. if you need someone to coddle you, call your mother because I just tell it like it is. :( Sorry.
: Adding AD assassins into the game, but more generally letting AD expand from DPS consistent damage, to orange ability power... Oh, and basically every complete rework they've ever done. It's functionally no different than removing one champion for another. RIP {{champion:28}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:83}} (And any others i might have missed)
> [{quoted}](name=deadlychuck,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kiaxbiuh,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-22T07:15:55.475+0000) > > Adding AD assassins into the game, but more generally letting AD expand from DPS consistent damage, to orange ability power... > > Oh, and basically every complete rework they've ever done. It's functionally no different than removing one champion for another. RIP > {{champion:28}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:74}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:98}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:83}} > > (And any others i might have missed) Gotta say I hate almost every single rework as well... some champions that were never played like original eve and urgot could be phased out I guess.. but I really do love the new Irelia rework if I had to to pick one I enjoy. So satisfying and rewarding to play if you land your shit, if you miss it GG RIP. I like Galio just because I have been playing him full AP since he got reworked and can pull off some nasty combos as assassin Galio. However I think if they took the old one and just made him immune to CC during his ult (braum passive hard countered, or if someone like blitz pressed his E before he got taunted) + more dmg reduction he would have been more than viable.
Zarkodia (NA)
: trash game
: Season 8 in a nutshell (upvote if you agree)
I see more throws than ever, but I seem to always get the teammates who refuse to listen to any calls. "Do not fight for 30 seconds okay, I'll have my ult and if you wait til then we win.. if you fight before that we lose." What happens? They fight within the next 5 seconds, get aced, and lose game. It literally happens 1 out of every 3 or 4 games.
: This thread can only end well...
> [{quoted}](name=mosaickle,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kiaxbiuh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-22T07:05:08.356+0000) > > This thread can only end well... Nothing wrong with a little fun and seeing what people really think about some of the changes riot make, lighten up friend.
Rioter Comments
Azadethe (NA)
: Bone Plating is not NEAR as OP as Second Wind + Overgrowth. And none of them are as powerful as the new Manaflow Band P.S. We're not in a tank meta. We're in an Assassin Meta/Crit adc Meta. Tanks only occasionally can push them around, and only when they build wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Azadethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TvtPmUxU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-22T00:04:47.388+0000) > > Bone Plating is not NEAR as OP as Second Wind + Overgrowth. > > And none of them are as powerful as the new Manaflow Band > > P.S. We're not in a tank meta. We're in an Assassin Meta/Crit adc Meta. Tanks only occasionally can push them around, and only when they build wrong. Not using this as an insult, but you legit have to be bronze if you think this is an assassin meta, this is literally the antithesis of an assassin meta, there are so many things that stop everything about assassins.. the only one you ever see is Kha'Zix because of his high mobility, damage, and jungle pressure
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Nicki and Mel go to PAX EAST
I thought that was trundle on the left
Rioter Comments
Chermorg (NA)
: Perhaps the resolution limit of 720p on the video site you hosted it on was part of the problem. Regardless, I don't see why you don't just go submit a support ticket and actually do something about it instead of making conspiracy theories on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oBEk2Il0,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T21:47:39.548+0000) > > Perhaps the resolution limit of 720p on the video site you hosted it on was part of the problem. > > Regardless, I don't see why you don't just go submit a support ticket and actually do something about it instead of making conspiracy theories on the boards. It's not a conspiracy theory-- it's facts... but people like you, who are known for being Trolls and everyone wonders how you got mod status, blindly will defend the report system like you are being paid to. It's kind of a joke really.
Chermorg (NA)
: I have removed your video as the [Universal Rules](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules) prohibit naming and shaming, or reporting other players/starting "witch hunts". If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact us in the [Boards Moderation Discord server](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). ---- To answer your post, the report system, as you know, is virtually fully automated. There is literally no manner by which it discriminates for or against one (or two) out of the 50+ million monthly players of League. You make such an absurd claim without any proof other than one video. There is no way for any of us to confirm that account did or did not receive any form of punishment. Even in the video, it is too low resolution to confirm what they said, but it *appears* to me that it was not the "n word" itself but some permutation of it. There is some chance that it would not have been picked up by the automated system if it was not explicitly clear to be the "n word" (ex: ni--er, ni--a, etc). If you feel it may have been missed, feel free to submit a support ticket and they'll investigate the account and take manual action if appropriate.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oBEk2Il0,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:36:20.615+0000) > > I have removed your video as the [Universal Rules](http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/4LgZ2EwM-universal-rules) prohibit naming and shaming, or reporting other players/starting "witch hunts". If you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact us in the [Boards Moderation Discord server](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification). > > ---- > To answer your post, the report system, as you know, is virtually fully automated. There is literally no manner by which it discriminates for or against one (or two) out of the 50+ million monthly players of League. You make such an absurd claim without any proof other than one video. There is no way for any of us to confirm that account did or did not receive any form of punishment. > > Even in the video, it is too low resolution to confirm what they said, but it *appears* to me that it was not the "n word" itself but some permutation of it. There is some chance that it would not have been picked up by the automated system if it was not explicitly clear to be the "n word" (ex: ni--er, ni--a, etc). If you feel it may have been missed, feel free to submit a support ticket and they'll investigate the account and take manual action if appropriate. You are actually quite comical, if you couldnt read the full word you might want to invest in some glasses. It was indeed the real word, and you trying to play it off as it being another "permutation" is absurd LMFAO... blindly defending the system.
: > [{quoted}](name=REDCOLORED,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GZ0bUNPE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:07:40.247+0000)Well thanks you too. I am in blind pick now i hope when i reach ranked people gonna be much serious and focused on game. As an advance warning -- ranked has its own issues, some of which stem from people being TOO serious or TOO obsessed with winning. So it's both better and worse at the same time. > I have another question is it possible to get banned if you weren't toxic but 7-8 player reported you for it. I mean chat restriction showed my chat log for 3 games and i got why i get banned ill try to improve. I mean it's not possible to get banned if 5+ player reports you and you didn't said anything in chat right? 1 report carries as much weight as 9 -- all it does is prompt the system to look over your behavior. If you don't have any problematic behavior, that game doesn't count against you in any way. :)
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GZ0bUNPE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:12:12.533+0000) > > As an advance warning -- ranked has its own issues, some of which stem from people being TOO serious or TOO obsessed with winning. So it's both better and worse at the same time. > > 1 report carries as much weight as 9 -- all it does is prompt the system to look over your behavior. If you don't have any problematic behavior, that game doesn't count against you in any way. :) If you're not playing ranked to win, you shouldn't be playing because there's 9 other people in the game who ARE trying to win.
: I main Shaco but not usual play him summ rift map bescause they start blame u. Just using on Aram or on a rotation game-mode.
> [{quoted}](name=Thorn Fierce Red,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zjuTegKr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-09T15:09:22.441+0000) > > I main Shaco but not usual play him summ rift map bescause they start blame u. Just using on Aram or on a rotation game-mode. I'm sorry I just thought this was hilarious... you call yourself a Shaco main.. but the only time you play him is on ARAM? LUL
: I don't even see it as SJW culture. I don't get offended when people throw around horrible words while flaming me, I just see someone having a temper tantrum who needs to be shown that that behavior is not okay. That's the main reason I report, because that sort of behavior just shouldn't have a place here.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EfltUKg2,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:22:01.268+0000) > > I don't even see it as SJW culture. I don't get offended when people throw around horrible words while flaming me, I just see someone having a temper tantrum who needs to be shown that that behavior is not okay. > > That's the main reason I report, because that sort of behavior just shouldn't have a place here. Well no offense, but you are blind then. That is all this entire community is. It's a bunch of offended babies who can't take responsibility for their actions. They go 0-10 but continue to fight... someone asks them to stop feeding so they have a chance to win and they reply "STFU REPORTED." It's literally like this every single game, no one can say "my bad" or "i'm sorry I'm not trying to lose the game," the response to any kind of suggestion or criticism (constructive or not) is always "REPORTED."
Kaioko (NA)
: It's not that simple -- the system punishes based on both the severity of the infraction and the consistency of it. While saying "%%%%%%" would be technically worse than "poopoohead" if you're saying the latter on a consistent basis you're more likely to get punished sooner as you're showing a more consistent trend of rule breaking.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oBEk2Il0,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:19:18.093+0000) > > It's not that simple -- the system punishes based on both the severity of the infraction and the consistency of it. While saying "%%%%%%" would be technically worse than "poopoohead" if you're saying the latter on a consistent basis you're more likely to get punished sooner as you're showing a more consistent trend of rule breaking. People repeat ad nauseam that the ban system is PERFECT and that is INSTANTLY permabans any sort of hate speech including things such as: f_____, n_____. It's not so much that I even care that the dude said it, I just want him permabanned for being horrible at this game and based on previous instances posted on these boards, this guy should be instantly perma'd.
Dat Kat (EUW)
: They actually go through the report before issuing a punishment, especially a harsh one like suspensions. The automated system only flags the players into different levels of "severity" as far as my knowledge goes. Reports accumulate into one's account's history and then the staff reviews it.
> [{quoted}](name=Round Ashe,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oBEk2Il0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:09:05.855+0000) > > They actually go through the report before issuing a punishment, especially a harsh one like suspensions. The automated system only flags the players into different levels of "severity" as far as my knowledge goes. Reports accumulate into one's account's history and then the staff reviews it. That's not how it works, at all. Whenever I got a punishment it was IMMEDIATELY after a game I played, literally before I can get into another game. That's how it always is. It's automatic. There's basically 2 guys in a remodeled janitor's closet with a box of donuts who do nothing all day and claim to be a support team.
: See, this isn't real life, so real life examples don't really work. In reality sometimes a physical response is necessary to defend yourself from the actions of another. Words won't always stop someone, and you can't always just walk away, so it is acceptable in some situations to fight back. On the internet all you're being attacked with is words, which can be completely blocked with 100% success without having to resort to retaliation. You can perfectly defend yourself without having to be like the other guy, and so there is no legitimate reason to do so that would still be considered self defense.
> [{quoted}](name=redniwediS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EfltUKg2,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:03:46.162+0000) > > See, this isn't real life, so real life examples don't really work. > > In reality sometimes a physical response is necessary to defend yourself from the actions of another. Words won't always stop someone, and you can't always just walk away, so it is acceptable in some situations to fight back. > > On the internet all you're being attacked with is words, which can be completely blocked with 100% success without having to resort to retaliation. You can perfectly defend yourself without having to be like the other guy, and so there is no legitimate reason to do so that would still be considered self defense. Man I agree with the last couple sentences. People SHOULD USE THE MUTE FUNCTION to block the so aclled "harmless words" you speak of. The problem is Riot has glorified a "report culture" where people get off on destroying other people's property/investment into an account. IF THERE WERE NO PUNISHMENTS FOR CHAT, I would completely agree. However, with the SJW and offended culture that this community has, muting is definitely not self-defense here.
: Pretty funny.. guy calls me N*****, ints hard and gets reported by me, but he's still playing.
Bring on the downvotes because video evidence shows that the report and ban system that all you clowns praise on these boards every day for being a perfect work of art that delivers swift justice, fails yet again. I wonder if ppl on these boards are paid by Soros LOL.
Dat Kat (EUW)
: The report system isn't magic. They just don't instantaneously take effect soon after you trigger it. Besides, the support staff deal with aleast over ten thousand reports a day of which only 100 are justifiable or correct. xD So don't go around calling the system a joke when you sit your ass down wanting results as quick as possible, that's just not how life works in general. Oh and btw, you posted a video of somebody whose name is completely displayed to the public, shaming him for being toxic. That's against the rules as far as I'm concerned. Could've atleast hid his name.
> [{quoted}](name=Round Ashe,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=oBEk2Il0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-09T18:01:22.685+0000) > > The report system isn't magic. They just don't instantaneously take effect soon after you trigger it. Besides, the support staff deal with aleast over ten thousand reports a day of which only 100 are justifiable or correct. xD > > So don't go around calling the system a joke when you sit your ass down wanting results as quick as possible, that's just not how life works in general. It's an automated system, one that you clearly blindly support with video evidence of it failing. There is no magical report team at Riot because they would have to go through MILLIONS of reports a day, not 10,000. That's all this game is about is reporting someone at the end of each game. A computer program doles out punishments like candy to kids on Halloween. However, when I use the report system I never get any feedback. I am always the one punished not the guy who starts the shit or the guy who does something like this individual. They glorify their computer program report system, but the people who really ruin games like these intentional feeders or racist remarks get away with murder time and time again. This is exactly how life works, businesses are required to treat people equally or they get discrimination lawsuits brought on them. If I get a chat ban for "poopoohead," this guy should get permabanned for n*****. Plain and simple.
Rioter Comments
: Why you're getting banned for "self-defense"
Sorry, but muting is not self-defense. It is definitely a useful tool, but if someone comes and tries to assault you on the street.. I would love to see your definition of self-defense put to the test and see how that works out for you.
Show more

CaptainChinstrap

Level 37 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion