: 3.) Only the first rocket hit can proc Dark Harvest. This means if someone is at 59% HP and each does 10% HP Damage it doesn't matter if the other 4 hit as it simply will not proc. That's intended. Because it is all part of the same ability.
> [{quoted}](name=Wolfeis Redfang,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=cRw8XxEH,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-07T08:48:56.082+0000) > > 3.) Only the first rocket hit can proc Dark Harvest. This means if someone is at 59% HP and each does 10% HP Damage it doesn't matter if the other 4 hit as it simply will not proc. > > That's intended. Because it is all part of the same ability. Oh whoops I am a big ole chump.
: Yes please fix heimer, from what the riot have said about the hotfix really worries me that this will be left for ages > https://gyazo.com/f8510b22edf379d0e6bde95792ab9204
Yeah I saw that and was rather annoyed especially after having a rioter look at and mention a larger list brought up with the initial hotfix which ignored points 1 and 2.
7Ghost (NA)
: Heimerdinger Turret + Rylai = Nothing?
Since the latest patch Heimer has received a plethora of new bugs. Base Q can't proc DH Aery or Rylais (RQ can) RQ however no longer scales with AP for its regular autos.
: Even after fix, Donger does not work properly and no announcement has been made in the patch notes.
Other bugs in a post I just made 1.) Turrets no longer proc Aery, Dark Harvest, or Rylais. 2.) RQ turrets cannon attack (AA) don't scale with AP. This means at rank 1 it will only do 40 damage per hit. Tested this in practice tool with 1022 AP Rank 3 Q does 159 damage while RQ rank 1 only does 40 per auto. Makes RQ even more of a joke to use. 3.) Only the first rocket hit can proc Dark Harvest. This means if someone is at 59% HP and each does 10% HP Damage it doesn't matter if the other 4 hit as it simply will not proc.
Rioter Comments
Merleb (NA)
: I’m not sure how to properly report this but Heimerdinger’s stun is now only 0.25 instead of 1.25... is this actually intentional? It is ruining the gameplay mechanics of the champ completely! Please tell me this is a mistake, he is literally unplayable now :(
> [{quoted}](name=Merleb,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=NIfU6x1E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-05T20:24:43.197+0000) > > I’m not sure how to properly report this but Heimerdinger’s stun is now only 0.25 instead of 1.25... is this actually intentional? It is ruining the gameplay mechanics of the champ completely! Please tell me this is a mistake, he is literally unplayable now :( Riot Aether has noted that a hotfix will come later today!
Rioter Comments
: Adopt a silver?
Sent a friend request. Only gold but ranked is simply play the 20 or so games to get the rewards for me. I am basically a two trick (AP Kog and Heimerdinger) but I do have general knowledge of every champion builds, combos, etc.
: Ah, I see what you mean. Making Q with a base 10% shred and a 5% increase at every rank alongside a similar amount of flat reduction would be stellar. Would probably have to remove the AS passive. Hard to say. The other suggestion for adding some cooldown reduction on unit kill would be great, too. Even a scaling reduction would be appreciated, considering how boring the skill feels. I hadn't realized that the stacking mechanic was like Powow, but realizing this only cements my dislike for it. Stacking mechanics as a whole are fine, but I personally would rather not have it forced on kog. As for E.. Yeah, I like the idea, was only pointing out the inconsistency of it. Mechanically, I like that giving Kogs a decision to use it for damage or to throw it out ahead of you while you run away makes it very interesting. A slight speed buff while Kog runs on it would be excellent, though allies getting that speed buff is only thematically weird. Still good, mind you. I forgot that Muramana's shock passive is on-hit! Best of both worlds, then. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
I only remember Muramana being on Hit due to Muramana crit kog maw being the highest DPS build during 5.0 Kog time (I had way to much time on my hands) although was unreliable due to tear stacking on jungle kog. After noticing the whole Pow-Pow thing being the basically same thing I wouldn't want this either simply due to how lacking ADCs have been diversity wise. Add a similar passive to two champs is just w/e. The movespeed would make sense on just Kog but overall could be lacking overall if it was just on him.
: Personally if we're looking at reworking some of Kog's abilities rather than just changes to his numbers / minor tweaks to some abilities I think his E and Passive are the two that need the most changes. **Passive** I completely agree with what you said about his passive, it doesn't fit with his playstyle of long range adc that stays out of the fight, but then suddenly when you die you want to go in and blow up in their faces. Lore wise it also doesn't really make sense as a passive. If Riot would change his passive I would like to see something using his "insatiable hunger" (I think that's the right word) that the lore mentions without being a knock off or a clone of Cho'Gath. **Q** I'm actually pretty happy with Kog's Q as is right now, it gives him a pre-6 tool to farm in lanes that just completely zone him off of cs that he wouldn't be able to get otherwise, if riot changes it I would be fine with lowering the amount of %shred for more flat shred, and maybe something similar to annie's q where if you kill a unit with it the cooldown lowers or refreshes, that might reward putting some more points into it or even maxing it first in certain difficult matchups to help Kog survive laning phase intact. However any flat magic pen / armor pen is huge, I feel like a nerf to his base numbers would have to come hand in hand with any flat magic pen and/or armor pen added to his Q. **W** I am super happy with his W right now, it adds an element of skill in managing the cooldown of it, making sure you have it up for fights, and offering some counterplay against Kog in working around his W's cooldown. **E** As ADC Kog I rarely use my E in lane, hell I sometimes don't even level it until I'm forced too, right now for AD Kog his E doesn't synergize with his playstyle that well at all. Its base damage is super low for the amount of mana it costs, and the slow at early levels is laughable, however if it was buffed AP Kog would become busted, as someone who plays pretty much only ADC Kog'Maw I think it's going to be hard to find a balance in the numbers with his E that would make getting it feel good without making AP Kog overtuned. Giving him and his allies some movement speed on it would be nice, but usually if you're in the spot that you need that movement speed you're already dead as Kog, and throwing it behind you to slow enemies is the norm when trying to run away.
Passive- I don't see how we could incorporate a hunger passive in kog without it being him getting rewarded for csing as the more minions/monsters he devours the stronger his next spew of well vomit will be. I much prefer your Q idea over what I had in mind. Flat pen is something I've always looked at. w - I personally just want W changes tbh simply because how this spell works for Kog maw. It's my least favorite spell on the champion although I am biased as I mostly play kog AP. E - The way I saw this working is Kog using it in key choke points ahead of himself while being chased I.E when fleeing through the opening between wolves and inner middle turret. This would ensure both the slow and speed boost would be granted. It would also just force you to decide between damage and slows or Ms and potential slows. Touching any of Kogs spells is pretty difficult again simply because of how powerful AP kog can be.
: I think the alternate passive you suggested is perfect. Considering that kayle is up for a rework/change soon anyway, it may be possible to see that change on kog, I hope. I think reducing the %hp damage from W would be very significant, but it might allow a lot more design space to take away that power budget from kogs kit to be shifted elsewhere, like his Q (which is in need of a rework, imo). The range increase is also very important and am glad that you didn't suggest altering that. The changes you proposed to his Q is a pretty hefty nerf for a champ that is renown for melting tanks. While It would be very strong early game, it would simply scale _horribly_. Q tends to be ranked second for both AP and AD kog builds, so changing the shred from % to flat is really only a buff at lvl 1-3 and a massive nerf everywhere else. Stacking so much power into his W as you suggested would also be terrible. 5.0 AS Kog has a similar problem when they shifted his bonus attack speed passive from his Q to his W. While that wasn't the sole reason for machine gun kogs overbearing presence in the rift, it definitely added to it. On the other hand, forcing the scaling on his passive to be based on stacks rather than an 'always on' mechanic is interesting and different. Personally, I abhor the stacking mechanic on rageblade and would despise it even more on W because you'd be forced to play around the W active window even more. Thematically, a movespeed increase on his E doesn't make sense (It slows enemies but speeds allies? What is the vomit made of? Also, gross to slip n slide on vomit lol), but its a good idea. In regards to your thoughts on kog's powerspikes, I'd like to challenge the preconception regarding his scalings by positing Kog as an AD caster. A while back, Kog had mage as his secondary attribute in the client. Instead of supporting Kog as an on-hit based marksman, there might be meaningful value in going back to his roots and promoting him as an AD caster by focusing more on mana scaling synergy in his kit and buffing something like manamune to work better alongside kog. His AD scalings on R are _insane_, especially considering how few players stack raw AD on him, but it's potential is strictly limited by mana itemization for AD champs. I think it would be very interesting for riot to choose to shift the rest of kog's ability scalings to be based on mana instead of - or even in addition to - AP, similar to ryze. Thematically, it kind of makes sense. He eats everything to get more and more mana, which makes his acids that much stronger and gives a nod to his void origins and old lore. Given the execute on his R, I would argue that kog can and does perform exceedingly well with sheen and stormrazor as the execute on R is gated behind getting a target below 41% hp. Nerfing his AD ratio to buff the execute damage would be overpowered for AP kogs (of which I've mained since S2), due to the fact that you still need to get the target to that magical 40% hp before getting it - at which point the extra damage is overkill due to its AP scaling. Those changes would also further promote on hit builds for kog, which OP and I see as being part of the problem regarding his current state.
The passive is something I've had in mind for a while but simply never posted simply due to it being a copy paste of another passive. With the stated Q change it was meant to be a reduction of the %removal in exchange for SOME flat. This would just make it a better early game buff while nerfing the late game. This is something I'd still want to see changed simply to see how a slightly stronger early would affect Kog. Stacking as a mechanic is something I personally love similar to how you don't wanna fight Trynd, Rengar, or Renekton with a stacked passive or say a Yi with Guinsoos fully stacked. I mentioned this idea to some other ADCs mains and looking at it it'd actually just be a slight variation of Jinxs powpow. E The only way I could see this working is assuming Kog was resistant to this liquid and thus he grew to be resistant of it. The only other change I could see working on his E without changing the spell is a grounded effect however this would be way to powerful on Kog and thus isn't something I'd ever want to see outside of a doombot spell. I actually love the idea of mana scaling on Kog'Maw and could actually work in favour of his On-Hit identity as well introducing Muramana as a legit item on him.
: The reason why his winrate is where it's at is because only dedicated mains play him, inflating his winrate. If we look at the pickrate / banrate you'll see that not only is he picked in only 1.04% of games, but he is banned in only *.04%* of games. His banrate is the lowest out of any champion in the game right now. He's the third least picked adc only losing to swain and heimerdinger in that regard.
> [{quoted}](name=Best Ryze NA,realm=NA,application-id=ELUpwER8,discussion-id=l9GERpEl,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-05T04:58:05.091+0000) > > The reason why his winrate is where it's at is because only dedicated mains play him, inflating his winrate. If we look at the pickrate / banrate you'll see that not only is he picked in only 1.04% of games, but he is banned in only *.04%* of games. His banrate is the lowest out of any champion in the game right now. He's the third least picked adc only losing to swain and heimerdinger in that regard. I did briefly mention his playrate is quiet low and you're definitely correct in this. I don't see the issue with Kog being the least banned imo. Any thoughts on the rest of the post?
: The current state of Kog'Maw, from a Kog'Maw main of 6 years
I don't agree with a good amount of things in this post. While it is true Stormrazor (You can literally type Item To Win in the shop and it will appear) is a great item it's also not the only viable rush item. As seen with Varus, Kaisa, Miss Fortune, Ashe, Lucian, and Kalista *Corki can be included but he's primarily a midlaner and thus ignored. Ignoring Kaisa and Varus who often opt for the item Ashe, MF, and Lucian all sport decent pick and winrates. **Several Sites Winrates.** Using sites such as LeagueofGraphs (7th highest ADC WR out of 18), Champion.gg (12th highest winrate out of 21), U.gg (10th highest out of 18), OP.GG (14th highest winrate out of 19), Lolalytics ( 15th highest winrate out of 24), and Blitz (12th highest out out 21) While non of these stats are amazing Kog does show to be in a decent power balance averaging around a 50.2% winrate at least from the date of these sites. OP.gg does have him in the worst spot but even then Kog sports a healthy 49.07% winrate here although a low pickrate (As seen with every used site). The reason so many sites are used is simply for an accurate reading as all sights differ due to how Riots API works. **Communication** Kog'Maws main issues is team reliance in a game with flawed communication systems when compared to other popular online games such as Dota, HOTS, and OverWatch where there are two forms of chat being Voice and Text. Voice chat imo would improve Kogs winrate simply due to how the Protect the Kog strat works. While this isn't a 100% Winrate OP thing simply due to players macro/micro differing and peoples ability to listen and communicate effectively it would be a slight bump. Team reliance as a champion without any form of self peel, escapes outside of Flash, and rather low defenses it puts a lot of pressure in protecting someone who can easily be blown up within half a spell rotation. **Directly buffing Kog to fit this Meta** Now lets say Kog'Maw was buffed to compete at a higher level lets say around 4th-5th best ADC in the current meta. This creates a rather large issue in that Kog is now a dominant pick while playing with champions such as Thresh, leona, Pyke, Ali etc rather than enchanters. When the meta shifts and enchanters are the go to once more this puts Kog at a very dangerous power spot as he's gone from winning more than losing with champions he lacks synergy with to playing each game with someone who compliments his kit perfectly. This would overtune Kog and keeping him in this 50~% WR Spot in this meta is fine as is. **Spells** Buffing any of Kogs AD/Base numbers on spells is also risky due to his power budget being heavily spent on his W. This ability simply is Kog'Maw (at least AD) and when it's inactive your effectiveness plummets drastically to where a good AD Kog is simply one who can properly position and have good W management. While I would love for Kog's Q E or R to be buffed (Biased as I did spend most of my time playing AP Kog'Maw) it would have to be at a hit to his W. **Powerspikes** A big change from S4 Kog to now is Kog is no longer the 6 item demon people feared once he got his T-rex hands on. Kog spikes hard at 1-3 items primarily Rageblade. The only way this could change is nerfing Kogs base numbers while adding better Ratios into his spells. Making Kog less reliant on On-Hit would also introduce Kog into Stormrazor based trades Similar to S4 Kogs Sheen empowered W auto every time it was up. As it stands now Kog'maw has some of the worst ability scalings in the game due to him being a primarily AD Champion with only 1 AD ratio and it just so happens to be Bonus AD at 65% on his R(100% HP) while Kog will rarely hit above 200 Bonus AD off of items. Changing Kog'Maws R to scale worse with AD but increase the execute damage would balance out this for AD Kog'maw and give some potential to give some scaling into Kog'Maws Q or E while being a slight buff to AP Kog. While I do think Kog is overall fine although not the best/worst here are some things I've considered **Buffs I'd like to see attempted** **Passive** - Ghosted in passive or amping up MS. As it stands Kog'maw has one of the most confusing passives in the game and I don't mean confusing as say Jhins or Mordes. I mean confusing as in here we have a long range hypercarry who the team wants to protect so he can dish out as much DPS as possible. His passive completely contradicts this and makes him then go in after death. His passive lacks any actual scaling and is ironically his only mobility. Giving Kog'maw a ghosted passive will enable him to ignore creep block which while a small change would be a decent one without much impact on Kogs overall gameplay. **Passive2** Ramping move speed would make sense as his death is a semi chemical reaction. Having Kog'Maw accelerate similar to well Ghost would enable him to catch people who mistime dashes/flashes in order to escape this death passive. **NewPassiveIdea** Corrosion - Reduce Kogs Q %removal and W% Damage in exchange for Spells/Autos shredding Armor/MR per spell/auto hit. This however would basically be Kayle passive. **Q** Some flat shred. This would make the spell more effective against non tanks as someone with 50 MR losing 28% is a lot less drastic than someone with 180 MR losing 28%. This could also be a buff to Kogs early game as say 7 flat shred vs 12% level 4 versus say Kaisa you'd remove an extra 2.9 Armor and 3.2 MR. While this seems small when you lack any bonus MR/Armor this is huge. **W** I personally loved 5.0 Kog'Maw however it was unhealthy. The idea here would be removing the %ATK Speed off of Kog Q and adding a mini Guinsoos into Kog's W where after each auto Kog would gain a bit of %ATK Speed up to a cap. This would also work towards the nickname of the whole machine gun Kog'Maw thing and force a protection based thing. The longer Kog autos the faster he gets. This would be a nerf to Kogs early but buff his late game should he well survive. **E** Kog'Maw (and allies?) gains movespeed while on his E. Would increase his overall utility and I just think Kog vomiting up a slip n slide is cute. **R** I'm leaving this empty as I am incredibly biased towards this skill as it is my favorite in this game.
: I definitely support this. My fiance has tritanomaly (blue-yellow colorblind). I understand it's very rare, even among those who are colorblind, but it's also very real and frustrating for her when everything between vivid green and dark blue looks like the exact same color and all shades of yellow look like copper/orange.
> [{quoted}](name=JD plays Teemo,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=mIbArhvA,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-28T06:56:03.601+0000) > > I definitely support this. My fiance has tritanomaly (blue-yellow colorblind). I understand it's very rare, even among those who are colorblind, but it's also very real and frustrating for her when everything between vivid green and dark blue looks like the exact same color and all shades of yellow look like copper/orange. I've personally got Tritanopia and it does make playing the game a little rough. The fact I can't see my own mains particles is a little funny though. I used to install custom maps just to change the map to some ugly colors just to fix some vision issues certain champions have. The issue with custom skins within the last few years has prevented me from personally doing this lately.
: Patch 8.19 notes
In a bug fix you mention colorblind players. Any plans to add another colorblind mode for those who don't have red-green colorblindness?
Dizzy011 (EUNE)
: Fix this stupid champion Leona
This isn't the right area to complain about champion balance. Along with that the video you sent was the file path on your PC. No one has actual access to that but you.
: AFAIK, the tooltip is only wrong in practice tool and custom games
> [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=1MuhEghA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-19T18:18:53.076+0000) > > AFAIK, the tooltip is only wrong in practice tool and custom games That's odd. I don't check the tooltip of blue to often because its hardly changed through years and I check it even less in game.
Rioter Comments
Reav3 (NA)
: Yeah Corki and Kog would likely be full VGUs whenever we get to them, most likely Quinn as well though she is doing pretty well atm. If and when we do a VGU on Quinn I think to truly sell the fantasy of a Hawk Master would require big changes.
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0YgbTFIJ,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-22T17:41:39.413+0000) > > Yeah Corki and Kog would likely be full VGUs whenever we get to them, most likely Quinn as well though she is doing pretty well atm. If and when we do a VGU on Quinn I think to truly sell the fantasy of a Hawk Master would require big changes. When Kog does get his VGU do you know if they plan on keeping AP Kog a possibility?
: I applaud riot for completing the "neglected skin champions" circle
Kled was confirmed to have a skin in the works on August 8th by Rioter I Am Carlos on Reddit.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=xXImNotABotXx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=25Yb2ewu,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T16:29:45.786+0000) > > Worst is a stretch. She definitely isn't top tier but she's still viable if you're good enough with her. Though IG any champ is viable if you're good enough lol. But Ahri is probably around B or C tier i cant rlly think of any worse midlaner than her.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=25Yb2ewu,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-07-17T16:32:14.671+0000) > > i cant rlly think of any worse midlaner than her. I mean as an AP Kog main I can tell ya one.
: My bird got rescued!!!
Coograts my dude. What kind of bird is it?
: Why does Zilean ult feel so absolutely horrible to play against?
The reason it feels so bad to play against is the same as most revives imo. No one looks at say Anivia and thinks about how fun it'll be to pop her passive. The ability to give anyone on your team a temp GA on a short cooldown is pretty depressing. Add in if Zilean is fast enough/knows damage outputs he can easily make it where you won't have a chance to play around the few seconds of it being active where people awkwardly dance around him waiting for the buff to expire while he tries to run or kamikaze into the enemy hoping to die. It's a spell that has little interaction and is simply to reliable imo.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 22
With planned buffs to mages and Riot seeming to encourage alternate playstyles (shown by AP Kaisa/Shyvana buffs) is there any chance you'll look at AP Kog'Maw? Since the nerfed on 6.24 he lost 20% AP ratio on his E in exchange for a bonus 1% HP damage buff on W (Which is no longer in effect since the nerf on 8.3). Since this change has happened Kog'Maw mid has fallen completely to where he sits around a 40% winrate with a sub 1% playrate where picking this simply isn't worth it any more.
: Who else has the same reaction?
I just start Dorans and rush Spectres Cowl if I actually want to go a stacking build over AP. You lose a bit of stacks this way but you can survive his poke by doing so.
: A goodbye letter
You were a pretty coo dude. Hope life treats you well mate!
Reav3 (NA)
: I would say the current pool after Akali/Irelia are {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} These are the ones we generally discuss talk about these days when we go into early ideation on new VGUs. Some more then others, but all of these would make sense at this point, for various reasons. Obviously Kayle would be paired with a Morgana, should we end up working on her.
> [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Q30wxkKg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-31T21:25:48.580+0000) > > I would say the current pool after Akali/Irelia are > > {{champion:36}} {{champion:42}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:85}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:20}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:35}} {{champion:77}} {{champion:106}} > > These are the ones we generally discuss talk about these days when we go into early ideation on new VGUs. Some more then others, but all of these would make sense at this point, for various reasons. Obviously Kayle would be paired with a Morgana, should we end up working on her. You meantion Kog'maw in the planned VGU. Any chance of AP kog seeing a resurgence or is current talk just creating Kog to be a better ADC?
: Does any other champ not have any cc other than morde?
> [{quoted}](name=Vapor Wave Vibes,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8f0Lfb7y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-01-29T01:12:52.815+0000) > > Does any other champ not have any cc other than morde? Sivir, Ezreal. Katarina, Master Yi, and Nidalee. Edit: And Lucian.
Eedat (NA)
: His "main damage" wasn't even nerfed by close to 50%. The base damage of only the fully charged beam attack of his ult turret was cut in half. The ratio was untouched. His normal turrets were untouched. The normal attacks of his ult turret were untouched.
> [{quoted}](name=Eedat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L2X1HavA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-01-10T19:22:46.397+0000) > > His "main damage" wasn't even nerfed by close to 50%. The base damage of only the fully charged beam attack of his ult turret was cut in half. The ratio was untouched. His normal turrets were untouched. The normal attacks of his ult turret were untouched. One thing to note is in a 1v1 you'd get 1 natural beam minimum plus two additional ones from E and W being landed. This means you lost 300 AOE damage rank 1, 390 damage rank 2, and 480 rank 3. Losing this much AOE damage is pretty huge. Another thing to look at is his RQ Rank 3s beam damage is actually LESS than it was rank 1 pre nerf by 20 damage which is pretty massive.
Rioter Comments
Herald (NA)
: [Gameplay] Xayah Clean Cuts can't kill Illaoi Tentacles
: Just played a Ranked Game. My Entire Team Bugsplatted, then we lost
Had the same thing happen to me in a normal game. Depressing to see it's not a single occurrence.
: BEST IDEA EVER. Solution to too many champs and keeping the game interesting.
Adding an RNG pre game factor into league is a horrendous idea.
MaggyMage (EUW)
: How hard is it to be a REAL master at Udyr?
Udyr has an absurdly low skill floor and ceiling to perfect his kit simply due to the fact all his spells have little bonuses and auto attack enhancements. Udyr isn't about mechanics in any way shape or form and instead is simply about game knowledge, matchups, objectives, etc etc.
Raoul (EUW)
: Every ADC who cant abuse ranged Crit is literally a trollpick by now.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: September 22
Are there any plans to look at AP Kog'Maw? Since the nerfs on 6.24 (December 2016) to his Es AP Ratio and base damage along with a Rylais nerf his winrate has dropped from 55% to 46% both of which at the time he held low playrates with .7% at the time of the nerfs and he is now at a .2% pickrate in the mid lane. AP Kog'maw is an exetremely unique playstyle that is only really matched by Xerath. The difference is you're trading safety with a bit more damage and range while also having higher mana costs. At the moment there is little to no reason to actually pick AP kog'maw as there are simply champions who can do what he does but better.
Ciyaz (NA)
: Riot Blitzcrank is in my shop
If you like the skin buy it. If you dislike it don't. Simple as that. If you need a in game video of said skin or the model check out lolkings model viewer or look up a youtube video.
: Only 19lp per win in Silver 2
The reason for this is your MMR is different across all modes. Normals, Solo/Duo, Flex Queue, Aram, TT all have different MMRs for you so your Flex Queue MMR is a lot higher than your Solo/duo queue MMR despite your ranks are the same in both modes.
PooWho (NA)
: Any Skarner Tips?
I advise checking out reddit.com/r/SkarnerMains and reading some tips and such there. Sorry I cannot provide an actual answer due to a lack of expereince.
Acheron16 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Real Pigeon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vK0MkVVb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-31T14:19:04.577+0000) > > Keep in mind Cait was also nerfed a fair bit thus causing her winrate to drop. My point is, she was a bit strong but got so many nerfs back to back that the moment pros found a replacement (Tristana) she literally fell off the face of the game. And will be trash for like 4 or 5 months until Riot reminds themselves that she exists and buff her. If she's that lucky.
> [{quoted}](name=Acheron16,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vK0MkVVb,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-08-31T15:06:04.832+0000) > > My point is, she was a bit strong but got so many nerfs back to back that the moment pros found a replacement (Tristana) she literally fell off the face of the game. > > And will be trash for like 4 or 5 months until Riot reminds themselves that she exists and buff her. If she's that lucky. Another thing to note is this isn't uncommon. Champions will be buffed/nerfed to change the meta around so it's not in this instance pick cait or have an ahri and due to that have a 45ish% chance of losing. You just gotta get used to your champions not being super relevant in the current meta.
Acheron16 (EUW)
: Remember two weeks ago when Cait was the most OP markswoman ever
Keep in mind Cait was also nerfed a fair bit thus causing her winrate to drop.
: Taliyah W Is undodgeable by any champion that has no Dash.
Kog main here. Taliyah W is undodgeable if you don't change direction upon it being cast. If she uses it dead center on you moving in any direction will enable you to escape it with 325 movespeed. If she uses it slightly to the left simply goto the right and so on. It's an ability where you have to react as soon as it's spawned and predict when it's coming. After buying boots there isn't much hope Taliyah has to land her W unless she catches your off guard or you're cc'd.
Ahris (NA)
: Will we see Ahri at worlds?
Essentially what Linna Excel said. Ahri is a champion who fits a jack of all trades type of thing similar to well Irelia. She has decent poke, decent sustain, decent mobility, etc but nothing is absurd. Does this mean the champion is bad? Not at all just there are better picks for specific team comps that would much rather run someone other than well Ahri.
: Pug'Maw Chroma
Honestly if Kog'Maw got a chroma of any kind I'd prefer it to be for Monarch Kog'Maw turning him into different types of butterflys. A bit depressing it hasn't happened yet. I personally hit no just due to my own disliking for the skin. It's one of the worst ones in the game imo and I'm surprised it hit live while other skins have been pulled. The only good thing about this skin is the particle effects it has are actually visible to me.
: [Noob] Are the following Champions Good?
Tanks - Shen - A great team player based champion. In a solo queue environment he is a bit lackluster as he is very team orientated but still a great champion! Top laner. Zac - A top tier jungle pick due to the amount of reliable cc and tankyness he has. Jungler. Supports - Bard - Bard is an odd pick as you either win the game due to him or lose it due to him. His ult is one of the best as far as impacting the game goes however he requires a fair amount of practice before you'll win consistently on him. Support. Nami, Soraka, Sona - All great champions who help the carrys healthpool stay topped off while being relatively safe picks. Each of them deals some damage however nothing amazing unless you try and go strictly for damage. All are great picks! Supports. Tahm Kench - One of the best champions to main as far as winrate goes. You won't do well at first however as you get used to his kit learn matchups and so on statistically speaking you're going to win more often than you lose. He can make for a great tank top or support. Thresh - A tanky playmaking support who has well everything a support needs except a heal. A bit difficult but is very fun to play! Support. Marksman- Draven - He is one of the best snowballing champs in the game however he is a bit difficult due to his axe catching. Draven is solely there to be a damage dealer and if you're having a rather poor game you're at a disadvantage because you technically don't get a passive until you get a kill. ADC. Kindred - Kindred is pretty bad as it stands and really isn't worth playing. They're one of the more fun and unique champions in the game but as they stand why play them when you can play something easier and get much better results. Note unlike most marksman they're a jungler. Jungle. Kog'Maw - Kog'Maw is a hypercarry with a sub par early game who simply wants to wait for the game to hit 35 minutes so he can get a few items under his belt. They're squishy and immobile making them semi team reliant however if you learn how to proper position and lane as Kog you shouldn't have to many issues. He's also amazing at shredding tanks! AP Mage Kog'Maw is also playable but is in a poor spot at the moment so it's not really advised. ADC/Mid Twitch - Twitch is an ADC who plays like an assassin. You sneak around and look for an opportunity to spray and pray all over the enemy team. He's one of the best and most annoying ADCs to deal with at the moment. ADC Fighter - Jax - Jax is a great duelist with some decent carry potential. His ability to dodge all incoming auto attacks is great and should he get a lead can make it impossible for the enemy to return to lane. He's rare to find but a good Jax is pretty scary. Top/Jungle Warwick - A very beginner friendly jungler as far as it goes due to his absurdly high sustain via his passive. Warwick is a great champion who I'd recommend trying out if you're trying to learn the role. Jungle. Yorick - A split pushing menace who is horrid in teamfights but great at 1v1ing post level 6. You don't due to much damage without a lead or items but that's fine because at the end of the day you're going to simply afk shove a lane. He can be a bit boring but to each their own. Top. Assassin - Shaco/Evelynn - I've clumped them together as they face the same issues. Both are really fun to play however they simply aren't worth playing over someone else right now. If you were to pick up either of these two I would advise it to be Shaco as Evelynn will receive a massive update sometime this year. Junglers Mage - Ahri - Ahri is one of the safest midlaners there is due to her heals, mobility, and easy to land hard CC. She can play the lane aggressively due to her Q s poke and true damage or you can play it passively. She's a really good champion however she's also pretty popular meaning theres a decent chance of her being picked from ya. Mid Fiddlesticks - Fiddle is in a weird spot at the moment but is pretty fun to play. His ganks rely heavily on vision control so keep that in mind while jungling as him. You have very reliable CC via your point and click fear/silence and your jungle sustain is pretty rad due to your W draining health away from the camps. He's okay at best. Mid/Support/Jungle Heimerdinger - I don't see much point in picking Heimer over another champion in mid lane. He's an incredibly fun champion (I might be biased as a Heimer main) who excels on playing off of an enemies mistakes and can easily 2v1 post level 6 due to his turrets. He can be a bit awkward to pick up at first but in the top or mid lane he's definitely viable however he isn't as flashy as some other champions. Top/Mid
Ahris (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Real Pigeon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pKdZIzv2,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-08-29T05:42:49.705+0000) > > Kind of ranted here so have a Tl;Dr. > Ahri is in a fine spot as they've had a great history of being a high playrate and winrate champion with the most recent time of them dipping below 50% winrate was pre January 2015. Her winrate should be lower due to more people playing them and thus when compared to say Fiddlesticks they can be seen as rubbish as they have a bigger crowd playing them as opposed to strictly mains. > > Ahri is perfectly fine at the moment and simply isn't the freelo solo queue champion she was a few patches back. On 7.11 she was nerfed and since then she has dropped from 51.76% down to our current 49.97% which isn't severe at all. This has been the first patch in quite a while. According to LeagueofGraphs.com (Used this site as it can be semi accurate and has shown the longest time for winrates, banrates etc) Her last dip below 50% winrate for mid lane was a little before January of 2015. Her being "weak" for a single patch does not instantly mean she needs buffs or that everyone who does well against her deserves a nerf. > > Ahri has fallen a bit below due to both her nerfs and a slight shift in the meta. As it stands Ahri is pretty much perfectly fine and it would be extremely hard for this champion to become irrelevant or weak simply due to how loaded their kit is. Having heals, true damage, AOE, Hard CC, Several dashes, and something I personally find important the power to poke through minions. > > One very important think to take notice about Ahris winrate is also her playrate. She has one of the highest playrates in the game sitting around 9.5% and this typically means the winrate will also be low simply due to the higher playerbase and more people seeing the champion and thus wanting to try it. On a champion like this a winrate a bit below 50% is perfectly fine. A good champion to look at for this example would be Lee Sin or Thresh as both are some exetremely popular champions who are perfectly fine in solo queue however due to a higher playrate they're bound to have a lower winrate unless the meta heavily favors the champion or they're simply broken. > > A great example of the opposite effect would be Fiddlesticks who sits at a 1.08% playrate in the jungle while having a 54.6% winrate. Due to this low playrate only people who hardcore love Fiddlesticks are going to be consistently playing him and thus due to their experienced on the champion the winrate will be boosted. Thanks for great reply! I will definitely try to wait it out to see what will happen, I hope Ahri will be fine. Ahri's winrate being the worst from all apc is what I wanted to discuss, but whatever. Riot does whatever they want anyway. Ahri is fine, but other midlaners need nerf.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahris,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pKdZIzv2,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-08-29T08:13:04.254+0000) > > Thanks for great reply! I will definitely try to wait it out to see what will happen, I hope Ahri will be fine. Ahri's winrate being the worst from all apc is what I wanted to discuss, but whatever. Riot does whatever they want anyway. Ahri is fine, but other midlaners need nerf. Ahri is far from the lowest winrate as far as APCs go. Champions such as Taliyah, Cassiopea, Ryze, Azir, Leblanc, Syndra, Veigar, and Akali are below her winrate according to OP.GGs statistics.
Ahris (NA)
: Ahri has the lowest winrate of all apc
Kind of ranted here so have a Tl;Dr. Ahri is in a fine spot as they've had a great history of being a high playrate and winrate champion with the most recent time of them dipping below 50% winrate was pre January 2015. Her winrate should be lower due to more people playing them and thus when compared to say Fiddlesticks they can be seen as rubbish as they have a bigger crowd playing them as opposed to strictly mains. Ahri is perfectly fine at the moment and simply isn't the freelo solo queue champion she was a few patches back. On 7.11 she was nerfed and since then she has dropped from 51.76% down to our current 49.97% which isn't severe at all. This has been the first patch in quite a while. According to LeagueofGraphs.com (Used this site as it can be semi accurate and has shown the longest time for winrates, banrates etc) Her last dip below 50% winrate for mid lane was a little before January of 2015. Her being "weak" for a single patch does not instantly mean she needs buffs or that everyone who does well against her deserves a nerf. Ahri has fallen a bit below due to both her nerfs and a slight shift in the meta. As it stands Ahri is pretty much perfectly fine and it would be extremely hard for this champion to become irrelevant or weak simply due to how loaded their kit is. Having heals, true damage, AOE, Hard CC, Several dashes, and something I personally find important the power to poke through minions. One very important think to take notice about Ahris winrate is also her playrate. She has one of the highest playrates in the game sitting around 9.5% and this typically means the winrate will also be low simply due to the higher playerbase and more people seeing the champion and thus wanting to try it. On a champion like this a winrate a bit below 50% is perfectly fine. A good champion to look at for this example would be Lee Sin or Thresh as both are some exetremely popular champions who are perfectly fine in solo queue however due to a higher playrate they're bound to have a lower winrate unless the meta heavily favors the champion or they're simply broken. A great example of the opposite effect would be Fiddlesticks who sits at a 1.08% playrate in the jungle while having a 54.6% winrate. Due to this low playrate only people who hardcore love Fiddlesticks are going to be consistently playing him and thus due to their experienced on the champion the winrate will be boosted.
Show more

Carrie Pigeon

Level 123 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion