: What happened to this game
Mute button. Just saying. Its worth it. That and don't play ranked. Ever.
rujitra (NA)
: People keep screaming censorship... Honestly, one of the biggest reasons Riot and Blizzard (and other companies) prevent representatives from speaking out about this is for those people's own safety. While your random Joe Schmoe saying something about it isn't likely to draw government attention, someone of "power" - be it an influencer (youtuber/instagrammer/etc), a professional athlete (not even highest level, just any in general), etc.... that person is going to be on the radar of the government officials. The situation (without getting too political) is such that someone may be arrested and detained for an indefinite period of time if China can get their hands on them. I guarantee you that these sorts of "extrajudicial detainment" have already happened to individuals in China/HK who have spoken out against the actions of China (or, by extension, in support of HK). So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:21:28.980+0000) > > People keep screaming censorship... > > "...is for those people's own safety." > So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale. I mean, are you 12 years old or do you work for Tencent or something? Because what the people in Hong Kong are protesting for 'AT THE EXPENSE OF' (which it SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE) their 'saftey' is against the Chinese government taking that EXACT safety away from them through Draconian legislation. WOW. Don't comment anymore because you obviously have your head in the sand (up RIOT/TENCENT'S ass).
: Worst TfT Champion?
I won a game with a Gold Fiora nobel team.
Jbels (NA)
: There needs to be bad luck protection
its not bad rng its rigged...I've seen too many games of getting hosed by the selection when you have even a full stable
CurS1VE (NA)
: Riot plz Change item max from 3 to 2
This mode needs to just be deleted. After its novelty wore off and I saw how bad the RNG is rigged (whenever you sell champs it offers you that champ and ignores your stable) I'm done. Nothing is worth getting hosed as much as I have and I've won a game and placed high at times. Everything about it is setup for you to get the fucking pass. I will never spend money on a 'gamemode' pass.
Krystab (NA)
: Teamfight Tactics is just Boring
I feel incredibly lucky to even have won one and finish 2nd in another. Ever since then its been a straight up hosing. The 'refresh' is a completely poison pill mechanic because you can't tell that fucking 'shuffler' isn't rigged.
: Reworks aren't supposed to preserve how the old champion played. They're supposed to get rid of the old champion and bring in a new kit.
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QKfs4N4b,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-02T19:14:55.078+0000) > > Reworks aren't supposed to preserve how the old champion played. They're supposed to get rid of the old champion and bring in a new kit. So true. Its funny all the down votes when Rito has taken this approach with lets see: {{champion:3}} , {{champion:3}} , {{champion:3}} , {{champion:39}} , and {{champion:78}} , and {{champion:20}} , and {{champion:50}} , and {{champion:3}} and {{champion:157}} oh wait no...fuck him...
Rioter Comments
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: Sion x Leona best ship
> [{quoted}](name=Kitsune Kawaii,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6ajJW6b5,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-31T19:51:11.492+0000) > > Sion x Leona best ship Just stop. Go watch porn instead. Trust me. Its a better fantasy.
: why nerfing yasuo wont fix yasuo
Ghostcrawler isn't going to fix his kit cuz GC is an idiot. Everyone knows this. Everyone ignores this fact. So yes, we will continue to have broken overloaded overpowered kits in League and there's nothing we can do it about because you need to watch more LCS so rito can get those easy advertising dollars rather than spend money fixing their game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Minimac2000,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1WEFjTtH,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-19T17:41:59.936+0000) > > He hasn't been meta since season 6? At least for anyone below challenger and he's not really even worth it there > > And yeah, I agree. If he's this much of a dumpster fire while at 40% win rate he just needs to be deleted and this is coming from a player who enjoyed playing kench for at least a whole season He’s meta in proplay, which, if I’m correct, is a big factor in this adjustment alongside his insanely low solo winrate.
> [{quoted}](name=Iota Theta,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1WEFjTtH,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2019-04-19T22:57:43.705+0000) > > He’s meta in proplay, which, if I’m correct, is a big factor in this adjustment alongside his insanely low solo winrate. Which means his ultimate is the sole reason why pros use him because a coordinated Kench ult can win you the game in pro scenarios. He's a bad champ and always was in my opinion OP or not. His kit isn't good and when it works as intended is broken. Remember the grey health hype...they had him take it furter than anyone to make him unkillable for no reason other than to push skins and coordinated pro 'dives'. His kit is just as bad as Yasuo, Fizz, and now Pyke *rolls eyes*. Either completely broken or completely useless.
Leetri (EUW)
: They removed URF because it made twice as many people quit the game permanently as normal. And it's not people quitting cause URF ended, they quit while the mode is still available. In short, URF kills the playerbase.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Mo3o6Ewi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-19T22:25:30.065+0000) > > They removed URF because it made twice as many people quit the game permanently as normal. And it's not people quitting cause URF ended, they quit while the mode is still available. > In short, URF kills the playerbase. No it doesn't it kills the ranked player base which NEEDS TO DIE because its fucking terrible.
: no to all champs being unlocked because i have every champ i want (and a few i dont like udyr) and i dont wanna get stuck with ugly fiddle or jarvan who i dont play and stink the whole time.
> [{quoted}](name=Rowanstar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1bWuOrmE,comment-id=0022,timestamp=2019-04-19T13:49:59.271+0000) > > no to all champs being unlocked because i have every champ i want (and a few i dont like udyr) and i dont wanna get stuck with ugly fiddle or jarvan who i dont play and stink the whole time. ok..well then we need the bans back because ARAM only smurf accounts have just the top 5 toxic champs....who do you think the odds favor in that case?...the person with a pool of 25 champs or a person with a pool 100 (ME)? I've been playing ARAM from its inception and with the bans and butcher bridge this mode has been the funnest its been in a LONG time.
: The enemy team literally had 2 useless champions, Skarner and Kindred. Your point?
> [{quoted}](name=AirKingNeo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1bWuOrmE,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2019-04-19T05:32:08.509+0000) > > The enemy team literally had 2 useless champions, Skarner and Kindred. Your point? shows how much you know...Skarner and Kindred while not top tier are good enough if people know when to use their ults..both of which can win the game depending on enemy champ composition
: Nope. Bans never belonged in ARAM. It defeats the whole point of All Random.
> [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1bWuOrmE,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2019-04-19T07:39:49.911+0000) > > Nope. Bans never belonged in ARAM. It defeats the whole point of All Random. No it doesn't. I just lessens the pool of random rolled champs JUST LIKE..I DON'T KNOW....ARAM not allowing champs not in your pool of owned or free to play champs....
Enisum (NA)
: Aram Tower Damge
Knew this was coming because people wanted faster games in ranked after URF hit the scene so they made the game 'URF LITE'. So sick of the call of duty damage....and level 1-3 tower dives...just stupid to have shit like that in a moba. Farming is pointless which was a huge part of early game strategy (aka, the laning phase) back in the day. Setups were a lot more strateigic in nature and alot more dangeorus to pull off. Now you can be up 20 CS get ganked by 3 basically unpenalized and die and lose your tower in one fell swoop. Its stupid.
: Because adcs needed to be taken out of the fight. Then supports had to be able to protect the adc. Then assassins had to be able to take the adc out even vs the support. Then adcs had to be able to do damage in their 0,01 seconds of life expectancy.
> [{quoted}](name=Disulfiram,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ogg7lqEG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-18T11:45:15.182+0000) > > Because adcs needed to be taken out of the fight. > Then supports had to be able to protect the adc. > Then assassins had to be able to take the adc out even vs the support. > Then adcs had to be able to do damage in their 0,01 seconds of life expectancy. sounds like something Ghostcrawler would do....
: Riot recently made the best addition ARAM ever got just to remove it mere days later...
I'm completely game for 25% of the ARAM player base to quit ARAM forever by bringing bans back. That's better than the 60% that will quit now having tasted the good games that bans in ARAM produced. There is no reason why not to bring them back. In fact if they don't I'll be playing the game much much less. The 'Randomness' factor is a bullshit excuse when we have rerolls and 120+/- champs to pick from after bans...and a good 10% of those left are top tier. I'd also like them to rotate Butcher's Bridge in every other update. The flavor of it is simply just a lot more fun with Gangplank's match casting.
: Seriously. The only people who were complaining about ARAM bans were people with ARAM accounts.
I don't care who complained about ARAM bans we needed those. Its bad enough to get RANDOMS out of 120+ champs when 30% of those are broken in ARAM. Give us back the bans.
: PermaBanned After Being Hacked
> [{quoted}](name=MixedBrother,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mMXsGnBr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-11T20:19:37.617+0000) > > Also, if anyone has any responses or help on how I could possibly get my account back faster that'd be Greeaaaat. > > Thanks, > MixedBrother Riot is run by Tencent...a Chinese company....so they probably figure the hacker was Chinese and would rather protect them than do the right thing. All this unethical nonsense has been brought on by Chinese corporate fascist culture that has influenced corporations. The gaming industry is full of jerks who only care about one thing and that's how to make money. They don't care if you lose your account because they'll just figure you'll buy back in. If it were me I'd never look back if they did something like that because I don't put enough value on this game to do so. I quit the game post S6 and only recently came back to see how bad it was. Luckily they've made ARURF a perma mode which I like but that's it. There is no value in this game like there was when they brought out Brawlers mode and the other cool things like the Star Guardian event. They're lazy now and you'll be hard pressed to get your account back.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cavemantero,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r0L1wcIs,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-12T01:36:50.181+0000) > > ah's like this guy ^ just want to feel like bullies...like they actually have some power in life over someone thus using such stupid responses to people's posts. You don't really deserve a response either, but I'm feeling nice today.
> [{quoted}](name=Schoenberg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r0L1wcIs,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T01:45:46.324+0000) > > You don't really deserve a response either, but I'm feeling nice today. hahahha! I'm only responding because you're an ah too. What an idiot. Just don't respond if you don't think I 'deserve one' or not. I mean seriously?....'FEELING NICE'? What are you going to do?...chat cuss me out? Hurt muh feelins? Tell me to kms? Learn to research and argue first kid so you don't embarrass yourself when you grow up.
: Rito, Please stop with the prestige point skins......
Its bad enough I paid $30 for a skin (udyr ultimate) but I did it back in appreciation for when the game was good (S5 cinderhulk and the brawlers intro game mode). Riot was so creative and now its just gone to shit. They take so long to give the players what they ask for like URF perma mode in the name of balance (which is a lie because the game is never balanced) and the new champs I could care less about...they are only there to provide overloaded kit/power creep to sell riot points for the new skin that comes out with them. The game has become less about bringing in different ways to play and more about cashing in on skins and trying to get people to follow LCS for those advertising dollars (aka lazy money). Im sick and tired of seeing holiday skins and currency which is worthless considering the stupid quest grind needed to just get one 'champion capsule' worth of stuff. And then legacy or limited time skins/content...just make EVERYTHING AVAILABLE IN THE STORE. There's nothing 'special' or 'collectible' about pixels in a fucking video game.
Vacus (NA)
: Your post doesn't really deserve a response, OP.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r0L1wcIs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-11T06:19:36.425+0000) > > Your post doesn't really deserve a response, OP. ah's like this guy ^ just want to feel like bullies...like they actually have some power in life over someone thus using such stupid responses to people's posts.
Rioter Comments
: well that's just great, now we're back to square 1 with Karma...
> For the past 6 years there have been zero attempts at listening to the community. Yeah..except when it came to making games 'shorter' (they listened to the wrong side on that one though)
: RE: Why Akali's rework was a failure
WTF are you talking about Rito breaks what doens't need fixing and doesn't fix what's broken all the time! {{champion:84}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:72}} {{champion:110}} {{champion:157}}{{champion:61}}
: I Got Fired From Teaching...
I got out of education around 2012. I was a substitute teacher and loved it (I was at a good school district) but the pay was absolute garbage. I'm glad I never finished my student teaching to be a band director...I couldn't deal with administrators or parents from the baby boomer or my generation (X). Addicted to entertainment, sex, etc., and value exterior image and presentation rather than actual education and character building. The US education system is rotten to the core and purposely so. George W. Bush/Rick Perry did the most damage to education in Texas and then when Bush got into the White House he's practically destroyed this nation's future. We see it every day when asshats like Cardi-B are making millions and teaching kids how to be the shit stains of society and prep'd for prison life.
: Yasuo is ACTUALLY OP
you don't say? Overloaded kit with boosted stats and range? Sure.
: What champ release cycle did you start playing in?
Beta. I think Xin Zhao was new? Then I quit because of the toxic assholes (yes, they were IN EVEN IN THE BETA) and then came back @ S3 when Lissandra was released. Game was good until S6 when Ghostcrawlr & Tencent f*#$ed everything up. Now we have CS:GO moba version. Every game is just who can dive more times on the opponent.
: I finally quit. ggs league of legends
Welcome to the real world. Game isn't worth playing ranked for any reason.
Yenn (NA)
: Can we discuss how numbers are suffocating the importance of decision making and strategy?
Decision making skills don't make LCS fun to watch so Rito nixed that aspect of the game and made it based on twitch reflexes and lock and counter picking. After all its advertising dollars in the Asian markets that matter...not the health of the actual game.
KnifeCat (OCE)
: What happened to lowering systemic damage in 9.3/9.4?
Rito: "We know damage is too high so we're going to tone it down a bit over the course of 20 seasons at a time. Also, in order to make up for the longer games this would result in, we're significantly raising damage across the board to make LCS more watchable."
: Coming back to play after 2-3 years...
You missed all the disasterous decisions that Riot made in turning this game into counterstrike go. There's no defense there's just terrible terrible damage...and nautilus.
: Short answer: for teh lulz Long answer: They hate seeing pro play junglers who farm too much and have less interactions with anyone.
> [{quoted}](name=The entire team,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BnPzIHe9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-23T00:31:12.523+0000) > > Short answer: for teh lulz > Long answer: They hate seeing pro play junglers who farm too much and have less interactions with anyone. This. Its about satisfying/growing the Korean and Chinese viewer markets. They don't give a damn about the health of the game. That was evident when they hired Ghostcrawler and everything post S5.
Zapzya (OCE)
: Patch 9.2 didn't address enough damage concerns, including Conqueror
Its all for the e-sport bud. No one wants to watch the old style league of legends...they want the call of duty style of league of legends.
D O Cane (EUW)
: Crowd Control is OUT of control.
The damage is what is out of control. The cc we had now for was back in the day when the damage output was far less than it is now.
: the thing isn't too much damage, its that we are in a burst meta as oppose to a tank meta where the slower fights happen. Different meta's for different people
> [{quoted}](name=Master2139,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EdpiYInB,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-10-30T02:38:46.234+0000) > > the thing isn't too much damage, its that we are in a burst meta as oppose to a tank meta where the slower fights happen. Different meta's for different people Lol...you mean burst from TOO MUCH DAMAGE meta? Fail. Chunking 1/3 life at lvls 1-8 and 100-0 at 11 isn't 'burst' damage it is fucking Counterstrike MOBA version.
Basse (EUNE)
: Too much damage
Riot took all the skill out of the game and made it about whoever gets dual ganked first dies immediately making any defensive playstyle impossible to succeed. They made it easy for the call of duty crossovers and its a shit game now soley based on meta and twitch skills.
: [POLL] Is damage too high?
Played my first game last night coming back after months since that game breaking patch allowing Zoe and others to 100-0 you at level 11-12. Nothings changed. The only reason there aren't more votes is because Rito lost those players like me already who have been screaming about the damage creep for ages. Everything not a tank is an assassin and tanks get blown up too fast as it is. Thanks alot you assassin players for whining and getting riot to ruin the game because you were bads and "couldn't do enough damage".
HàrrowR (EUW)
: Anyone else visits the boards frequently even though they uninstalled the game??
I keep my client up to date just in case I see news of Ghostcrawler getting fired.
: FRIENDLY PSA: kills do not win games, towers do
They don't care because they want to be pro and hard carry and make flashy LCS plays and continue to complain about wanting faster games like CS:GO and instagibs while rito caters to them. This game was done when Tencent bought it and GC was hired. Its garbage.
: Riot's design choices aid in making this game even more toxic than it already is.
I came back to see if anything has changed with the latest patch. Good to know nothing has and so I can continue playing vanilla wow instead of League of Losers.
Doozku (NA)
: Samsung is a Korean team though...
> [{quoted}](name=Doozku,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x1acNVW3,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T02:45:45.899+0000) > > Samsung is a Korean team though... Oh yeah, I guess they are. Welp. I'll eat crow here.
: Welcome To League of Legends Season 8!
Game is ruined. We knew it was coming when they hired GC and low and behold the end is nigh. People will always play it but its going to take a ~~big~~ massive hit. They can't fix those things now because they are fundamentally broken or set in stone leading the de-evolution of the game. It'll be at least another 3 seasons for them to undo the damage they've done in the last 3.
Onotori (NA)
: 54%+ WR, 20%+ pickrate, not one nerf.
FotM. Its about LCS views for advertising $ and making sure new champs make the cut are important for that. Actual balance and fun gameplay are way down the list for riot now.
Sanngriðr (EUNE)
: Someone tell me the point of soloque again.
The point is to either exploit the system or go in like a chump and lose thanks to non-existent teamwork to an exploiter.
: Has Riot Lost Touch With Their Community?
For me the game has been shit since post S5....this is when the 'we want faster game' complaints (so the bads could surrender faster and re-queue to lose again...even in normals) and ideal of 'The tower isn't supposed to protect you, you're supposed to protect the tower', and the ok-ing of snowballing early to mid game apparently started dominating Riot's redesign philosophy and its foolish not to think Tencent isn't behind this considering e-sports is huge in korea and gaining ground in China as well which = MORE ADVERTISING $$$. The result is the unfun URF-lite garbage fire we have now where you simply want bottom to win every early trade and tower dive pre-6 because you can. Then snowball from there. Anything that helps this result becomes meta regardless of the champ buffs/nerfs. There will always be a stale meta because of this type of design putting 85% of champions pretty much at a disadvantage (before player skill comes in of course). Sad really.
: Afaik, Tenecent doesn't push for balance changes and only really interferes in things they think need to be censored for Chinese audiences
> [{quoted}](name=Spicy Rice,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=x1acNVW3,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-04-16T00:27:26.701+0000) > > Afaik, Tenecent doesn't push for balance changes and only really interferes in things they think need to be censored for Chinese audiences Or that's what they want you to believe. I on the other hand saw how the China team did the impossible last season and went 3-0 in the finals against the SKT. I wasn't pulling for either team (I was hoping a Taiwanese or other team would get in) but couldn't help think that it was setup in Samsung's favor. There's just no way...3-0? Give me a break.
CurseOfLife (EUNE)
: Assasins Feedback
Said every assassin main always. I agree though...but I'm glad they are garbage for the most part No one likes getting one shotted by garbage {{champion:121}} because they get a lead and its a broken champ right now.
: Riot doing nothing about our complaints.
HAHAH! Triggered. You know what happens when people like you get triggered right? You can't admit that you lost the argument. Sorry but you really failed provide anything debatable because even you have to admit when faced with facts. Salty Vet is RIGHT. We had a badass game a few years ago for several seasons and it was ruined. People talk about it all the time and have the same complaints on pretty much, a DAILY BASIS. They are right to complain as am I and as are you when the game gets to a state that is unfun for you to play personally. No one is crying their eyes out here, we are trying to get the game we should have back. Stop being butthurt because you are taking advantage of the current state of the game and somehow find it fun. You really seam the type and yes, that is an assumption. So what? I'm probably still right.
Show more

Cavemantero

Level 102 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion