: Yeah I remember that time that all teams on Worlds were formed randomly, taking best 50 players from the ranked ladders across the servers. They randomly got put together into groups of five. Then they argued for picks, bans, strategy, flamed in chat, played ARAM every time post laning phase, and somehow one team, called SKT T1 outclassed everyone, with Faker not speaking a word during the tournament. Good times! That is Solo Queue.
> [{quoted}](name=The Cane Master,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hVQajdcx,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2016-10-13T21:11:45.937+0000) > > Yeah I remember that time that all teams on Worlds were formed randomly, taking best 50 players from the ranked ladders across the servers. They randomly got put together into groups of five. Then they argued for picks, bans, strategy, flamed in chat, played ARAM every time post laning phase, and somehow one team, called SKT T1 outclassed everyone, with Faker not speaking a word during the tournament. Good times! That is Solo Queue. Yet in solo queue you have the same odds for everyone (or almost everyone if you consider the duo queue). Solo queue and dynamic queue are equal in the aspect that they don't represent what league is meant to be. A 5x5 with voice com. A soloq queue doesn't represent what league is. A 3/2VS 4/1 doesn't represent what league is. A 2/2/1 VS 2/2/1 doesn't represent what league is. The league experience IS 5x5. Anything besides that isn't what real league is. I prefer having a non-representative league experience with the same odds instead of a non-representative league experience who has the better party in voicecom wins. I prefer to play a game where I can actually carry instead of being the punch bag for 4 jerks that are blaming you, the 2/3/1 player while they are 0/4/0 tilted in voicecom.
: Riot is killing the game with bringing solo queue back, here's how and why
"LoL is supposed to be a team game, not a single player game where you work with other single player gamers towards a goal that you all have a different strategy in mind on how to achieve. " Oh yeah! I really remember that time that SKT1 won the worlds with only 3 team players and 2 random dudes with no voice chat! Dynamic queue is the perfect example of how the game should be played!
: @ Riot: Please don't make the same mistake.
Seeing a jace escape or a gnar survive an karthus ult because they got lucky leaves a really bad taste in your mouth. "We'll, I overextended and I'm going to die...nope, good thing there is a plant here!". It is the same thing with the reveal plant. "Damn guys we just wasted all our wards and their are doing dragon! Lucky us we won't being punished because there is a vision plant here" . If you made a bad play you SHOULD be punished for it. While RNG dragon hoses randomly team compositions, fruits will be an obligation of the jungler. So now we got buff timers, the crab and now fruits. Gnar survived because the jungler didn't clear the mango? Jungler's fault. Jace got away because of the ziggs flower? Junglers fault. "Damn jungle! Before you gank mid/bot you should scout the jungle for their plants!!!!" You could, just for once, hose the laners instead of the junglers in the pre season. I mean, if you really want RNG make a super minions spawn at randomly in the lanes. Or RNG minion strike. Suddenly the minions don't spawn but will spawn in double in the next wave. Or RNG gold. The minion won't give gold. Hell, give us RNG item, so we can bet out gold at the early game and get a small percentage that we will get an advanced item. It is RNG fiesta.
: SOLOQ IS COMING BACK FOR EVERYONE!
"OMG, people are leaving in droves because dynamic queue isn't a fair skill system! Quick do something!" "Hermmmmgerhhmm.... ROTATING MODES! YEAH, urf is back again!" "Not enough, more stuff!" "HUmmmmmmmmm.... Bakery Pantheon!" "Not enough we need to retain old players, we have a lot of active players but they are mostly smurf!, we need to hold until next season so we can clean the crap that booster queue was!" "Satan teemo!" "Hell yessssss. Now we revert the queue."
Deneviel (EUW)
: if he goes out like that he will be the most broken champ since Xin on release..... honestly i can't see how such skillset can even be balanced ... he will make regular jungler feel unusefull
> [{quoted}](name=Deneviel,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ENBTMK3O,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-09-20T20:45:32.633+0000) > ... he will make regular jungler feel unusefull No problem, {{champion:64}} {{champion:60}} did that for more than one season.
adidas (NA)
: I picked kayle. Enemy top laner picked yasuo
"OMG KAYLE COUNTERS YASUO!" Not true. Yasuo has a winrate vs kayle of 50.4%. Not a counter at all. While windwall will only block kayle Q, yasuo shield will soak most of kayle damage. Try to poke his shield of and he will E Q and run away with his E since kayle slow does nothing to him. Try make him farm under tower and his E is a better wave clear. The problem that is the only option for kayle in this matchup. Try to last hit as melee and yasuo will go ham on you. Meaning your lane will always be pushed and you will lose a lot of CS because of the E CD. While kayle pushes the wave naturally yasuo has the option when winning to only last hit and zone you out hard. Yas ult and kayle ult almost even out. Yas gets a new shield, kayle get stunned for most part of her ult but after that yasuo has 50% armor pen. While for yasuo is a normal lane (just last hit with E and leave a minion for a quick escape) kayle has to work around her E CD or hope yasuo is dumb enough to push the wave and keep overextending while you wait for your jungler.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cenobite Azaziel,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=B20QA9XA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-09-15T07:12:59.530+0000) > > He is awful. In what way? Visuals? I can agree on that. However, have you ever SEEN someone who actually knows how to play Nunu play him? It's absolutely terrifying. In SR, there's absolutely nothing more toxic than going up a good Nunu.
> [{quoted}](name=Carnage068,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=B20QA9XA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2016-09-15T19:56:31.796+0000) > > In what way? Visuals? I can agree on that. > > However, have you ever SEEN someone who actually knows how to play Nunu play him? It's absolutely terrifying. > > In SR, there's absolutely nothing more toxic than going up a good Nunu. His design philosophy is awful. You win by making another player don't play the game. He has no counterplay during lane phase. Can't do anything about his Q. Can't dodge his E. His W is not interactive. While he is immobile he doesn't have an innate push ({{champion:10}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:104}} etc...). The only interactive is his R. Nunu will either be good vs someone with no sustain/melee or will be a free win for ranged/melee top laners. Wins too hard in one matchup making the lane phase a hellhole and after that drops like a rock. You can play nunu but he isn't fun. For anyone.
: What's wrong with Nunu?
> [{quoted}](name=Carnage068,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=B20QA9XA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-09-15T06:39:54.519+0000) > > What's wrong with Nunu? He is awful.
: Why does kayle still exist in this shape?
> [{quoted}](name=MunchCrunchLunch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pvbxEnOc,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-09-09T09:28:38.891+0000) > > this champion. lacks any form of counterplay. its absurd. that a champion like her. hasn't been aatroxed or olaf'd. look at her winrates across the board. you can build ad or ap on her and you can still 1v3. its fucking absurd that you have an aoe kog maw with build in aoe damage. add runnans. and lets give her a fucking tryndamere ultimate. > Wow. There is so much thing wrong with what you are saying. During lanephase she is ranged/melee. Engage after she uses her E to harass or to farm. 6 Seconds to precise where you can harass her or deny her gold. That's counterplay. If she uses her E to farm she pushes the wave by a fucking lot leaving her vulnerable with just a ms boost to try running away or leaving you to farm under your turret without harass. If she persist doing that she is an easy kill for a ganking jungler. That's counterplay. When someone plays kayle top the jungle AND support of their team must be a tank. It is a bottle neck for team comps. A team comp without peel for kayle won't work. You can't build AD and proceed to 1v3 unless she is pretty fed and the other laners were stomped. AP/guinsoo is the optimal build for damage. > she has a low and a movement speed boost. the kiting potential is freaking ridiculous. > That's why you should play with gap closer champions. Xhin, renekton, panteon, jax, ekko, irelia will dump on her during lane phase, damn you can even freeze the lane after she pushes with her E that she will be sitting duck to be killed. ANY ADC will do what kayle do kiting but better. See cait, tristana. > shes the closest thing to a kog maw with tryndamere ult. no wait. shes exactly a kog maw with tryndamere ult with slightly less range. does that sound healthy to you if i put it in this prespective > Kayle has way less range and dps and takes more time to stack guinsoo. > and no CC isn't the right solution to every unhealthy piece of shit champion that still exist with an ancient toxic kit > If a champion is squishy, yes, CC/burst is a form of counterplay. > i mean who the hell do we focus. the enemy adc. or kayle? we focus the enemy adc. kayle ults her adc. we focus kayle. kayle ults herself. > You can focus one and swapping to the other that isn't ulted instead of keep smashing a invincible barrier.Once she gives away her ult you can burst her. If you can't reach her or the adc to make her waster her ult, your team comp is pretty bad. > > its no fun dealing with a lane bully that also beats you mid and late game. its freaking ridiculous. perma slow with rylais. speed ups with W. good luck fucking catching her. and her skill floor is that of warwick. > {{champion:268}} : Deals more damage with higher distance and has a gap closer and a aoe tristana ult. He deals more damage with less items. > shes just a stat check champion with items is gonna beat you no matter what. > Not at all. The biggest mechanic that is a form of counterplay is the time you ult. You have to understand ALL champions combo and damage in the game and know what is the better time to soak their damage. If you are dumping all your damage into kayle ult it is your fault. The same applies to fiora riposte that can soak up damage while CC and isn't a ult. If you wait to engage a kayle that is stacking a guinsoo, you will have a bad time. I prefer to play vs a kayle than any aberrations riot is launching these days. {{champion:240}} : Manaless , free poke , gap closer and that can get 600~1500k hp back in a split second while losing tower agro. {{champion:420}} : Ok... if she hits me with the tentacle I shouldn't fight back because she will double damage me with her Q. If we team fight and don't focus her she will deal AOE damage comparable to Oriana. Nice.... {{champion:429}} : The best kiter in the game. {{champion:203}} : Anyone talking about harass, kiting slow and invulnerability? {{champion:157}} .
: his ult has zero counterplay. Nothing says "balanced" than a 1000km/h Fizz and Garen running your immobile adc down under tower.
> [{quoted}](name=LadyRenly,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kpI7GHsu,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-09-02T19:23:15.256+0000) > > his ult has zero counterplay. Nothing says "balanced" than a 1000km/h Fizz and Garen running your immobile adc down under tower. The counterplay is throwing someone else under the bus. "Go my support, peel kled with your body and I the might ADC/APC shall carry the game"
Naiant (NA)
: Harrowing this year will be amazing
"hey we a new yorick! So in the harrowing events buy shadow isle hectec box that come with 5 souls and 1 fragment of corpses so you can use 11 fragment and 3 corpses for...." I wouldn't call that the best harrowing ever XD.
: > [{quoted}](name=HackRawESOMe,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=6JMLR4Pd,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-08-22T01:38:13.576+0000) > > Yeah his orbs would bug out and show in multiple parts of the map at once. > > CLG was found out to have taken advantage of this bug and so game 1 of CLG vs TSM was remade and Aurelion Sol was permabanned. They were abusing the bug?
> [{quoted}](name=Cenobite Azaziel,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=6JMLR4Pd,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2016-08-22T03:54:28.188+0000) > > They were abusing the bug? And riot didn't ban them for life for abusing a bug? In a pro event? "See kids, it is better to search for exploits than playing the game. You will only get a slap on the wrist, or even better, if you are losing the game will be remade!"
: Yeah his orbs would bug out and show in multiple parts of the map at once. CLG was found out to have taken advantage of this bug and so game 1 of CLG vs TSM was remade and Aurelion Sol was permabanned.
> [{quoted}](name=HackRawESOMe,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=6JMLR4Pd,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-08-22T01:38:13.576+0000) > > Yeah his orbs would bug out and show in multiple parts of the map at once. > > CLG was found out to have taken advantage of this bug and so game 1 of CLG vs TSM was remade and Aurelion Sol was permabanned. They were abusing the bug?
: As someone who has played his fair share of Yorick, around 34k mastery. In a way it makes me sad to know that the Yorick I know and love very much will be gone. But on the other hand, it makes me excited to see what Riot has in store for him. If it's anything on the level of Poppy's rework, I'll be very happy. But if it's like Skarner's.... Well.... {{item:3070}}
> [{quoted}](name=Dovahkiin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y0y43ckv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-08-22T02:44:41.669+0000) > > As someone who has played his fair share of Yorick, around 34k mastery. In a way it makes me sad to know that the Yorick I know and love very much will be gone. > > But on the other hand, it makes me excited to see what Riot has in store for him. > > If it's anything on the level of Poppy's rework, I'll be very happy. > > But if it's like Skarner's.... Well.... {{item:3070}} Skaner got rocks. I call them kidney stones.
Lost R (NA)
: The issues with Yorick and why he's getting reworked.
Cloud273 (NA)
: @Riot will we ever have a chance to get Pax skins?
Well they already backstabbed the early adopters with the haloween skins. They could sell all.
: Kled remounting: full invulnerability, untargetability, or what?
{{champion:240}} "Dude, wait until I climb back!" Kled. The first sentai champion.
: @Riot Spent a few days collaborating with Aatrox Mains Reddit on Aatrox's status, here's the output.
The problem is that in current state his kit doesn't fulfill his lore. A blood draining sword that buffs the other soldiers. A beast famine for war. In real life: Aatrox passive generally goes like this "Oh I'm surrounded. There goes my bloodwell... ok wait up I'll kill you all 4 guys alone while my team fled because I'm channeling a insignificant amount of life. Aaaaaand it's on cd for 150 seconds and I 'm still dead. Such a war machine." {{champion:240}} " Hey buddy, get yo ass out of that bench and fight. There is no time for drinking blood milkshakes while your team is being destroyed! I get damage I jump back into a yummy 200~1000k life almost every 7 seconds!" {{champion:240}} fulfills this concept. Has more mobility than aatrox. Is more tanky and can dish out a lot of damage. {{champion:245}} tank ekko fulfills this concept and has a better kit. {{champion:23}} is a better aatrox than aatrox. My point is Aatrox shouldn't have a disengage tool. His blood well is surpassed by ekko ult , trynda ult and kled passive. Making them immortal in battle. {{champion:266}} : "Well at least I have my blade that deals a lot of damage or can heal me!" {{champion:245}} : Mine stacks with skills and auto attacks. I slow them AND I get move speed. Without spending a spell slot. Btw, If you count my aoe W slow/stun/shield passive, I will deal MORE damage than you late game since you're going for a off tank build and my scaling is awesome even for tank. If you compare your E with my Q I have better range (you have a triangle), better CD, better damage. You'll get a "better slow" if in a rare case I miss it back. (I have a better slow if my passive goes off with Q slow). {{champion:266}} : Oh god. Why do I even exist? Aatrox R should be alocated to his Q. Tweaking it so he can farm better under the tower while giving him a cleave damage and leaving him without an early gap closer, turning him into a juggernaut for the early lane phase. His E need some serious change. It is awful to hit someone far away and drain too much health. A mana pool would be nice or hell, manaless no cost champion are the bomb right? {{champion:240}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:421}} His Q would become his ult, knocking people up in a big aoe and slowing them in the center, as a call to arms. I 'm really out of ideas of what to do with his W. I don't know If we are dealing with the power budget of older champions or the broken mess that are the new ones. If is the new ones hp % damage or true damage is a must. With his mobility gated by his ult there would be no problem adding some more numbers into that sustain of his. See {{champion:122}} Q bandage. See current warwick.
: And you know he only has it toward enemy champions right, at a point in which he tends to have less than 30% of his max hp left usually? Guess what is worthless when getting ganked. Oh yea, running faster at the enemy at 30% hp. When off of Skarl, he has literally the worst movespeed in the game for general movement, AND does 20% less damage. If his W is down from earlier in the fight, he is pretty much dead. Is Kled a great design for a champion? Ehh, questionable, he is the literal definition of snowball of death in hell, either he gets big enough fast enough to negate it, or he will fall apart and turn into a walking iniation ulti on a 2 minute CD. But don't say he is faster in his dismounted form, because he is Slow. As. Balls. if trying to run away, anyway. He is faintly faster than average if trying to chase people, and ranged people dumpster him during that state.
> [{quoted}](name=Steelflame,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mg0qFKbA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2016-08-15T09:18:57.693+0000) > > And you know he only has it toward enemy champions right, at a point in which he tends to have less than 30% of his max hp left usually? > > Guess what is worthless when getting ganked. Oh yea, running faster at the enemy at 30% hp. When off of Skarl, he has literally the worst movespeed in the game for general movement, AND does 20% less damage. If his W is down from earlier in the fight, he is pretty much dead. > Kled is a litte bit slower but he gets mobility. He has two back dashes in less than 3 seconds that contributes to his courage. Dash that is a little short compared to ahris ult. 25 courage if you hit all 5 pellets and 50 if you use both bullets. Add up to that 3 AA that have 250 units now. When you stack up so much in favor a champion his "weakness" means nothing. Feel like saying "Oh but dare devil is blind" while he has a sonar vision in it's place and can read printed word by touching it's ink. {{champion:122}} , {{champion:420}} , {{champion:11}} ,{{champion:83}} can't kite like kled and are F** if they commits in a bad fight. They don't get free 1000k health bars. {{champion:266}} has to be in constant battle and wasting his life with his casting cost so he can have a second bar that is gated by a minimum 150 second cooldown. Kled is good against burst. He is good against DPS (reseting a big chunk of his life). He is manaless and has a powerfull harass tool. So what is his weakness? Burn my mana pool so I can get a 6 second window of kled life? Playing vs kled has too much burden of knowledge. I can't burst him because part of my damage will go away and will be mitigated by his passive, he will get a invincibility frame a will go ham on me with his W/Q and get all that damage I dealt. If I don't do sufficient damage, he can use his E to run away from the engage. He has little to no player interaction. While the opponent has to manage his resources and be meticulous with his window of opportunity kled only has to keep his W up. Harrass with Q any time (since it's manaless, has low cooldown and isn;'t blocked by minions). It is funnier if you think that mundo has a 100/85/70 seconds cd for a 5% max health heal (meaning 150 hp per second, 1800 within 12 seconds with 3000k life) while kled get a 1440 (counting in a black cleaver or 1204 withou it) free hp bar every... 14 seconds. No {{item:3123}} added in the equation. Kled is something that riot said they hated. He is a ball of stats. In this case, a big chunk of life. Kled is a broken design. The "shits on melee top laner" design. The "Ultimates aren't that good now so we throw the power into the rest of the kit" design like {{champion:421}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:223}} {{champion:163}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:78}} .
: [Event Ended!] PROJECT: Holy shit there's a lot going on, let's break this down
Wow. I am a postgrad lawyer. I guess I should get a PHD so I can figure out how the f** I can craft these things. Damn riot. What will be next? Get a doper hextec box, play for the diabule key, buy a whooper for the whooper yummy core, go to taco bell, ask for the riot especial for the taco catalist, buy diablo 2, rush the game until you get the horadic cube, join all together. If you put the diabule key first you will get a horizon border, if you eat the burguer during the craft you will get the BK watermark. Could you please draw it?
: @Ghostcrawler on DQ/SQ, The season as a whole.
1- http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/ydAqrpb4-ghostcrawler-and-his-failures?show=flat&page=8 : The TLDR of that is that if even a sizeable fraction of solo players enter solo queue only, then queue times for DQ get longer and longer, which then pushes more players out of DQ and into SQ, until DQ becomes a ghost town. This is similar to what happened to the original Team Builder, where some players really loved it (and still miss it) but as queue times became longer, more players abandoned it, driving queue times to be even longer and so on. 2- That he won't answer. I even asked why there is no MMR penalty for premades. Radio silence. 3- Shot calling isn't something easy to quantify. Death, kills and assist are way too hard to quantify. Playing as an assassin you generate more MMR because of the kills ou assist ganks, while if you are a tank top laner you won't get MMR for being tanky. Winning and losing is the major part of this game. MMR system is fine. (not for Dynamic queue and the premades, but for soloq) .
nep2une (NA)
: When Azir's been weak for months, gets nerfed again, and people still cry
The reason azir is being nerfed is because his lane phase is a pain to deal with. Made a mistake or you are a melee mid? There goes half of your health. Because azir has the best of two worlds. High burst and high dps. If you are an immobile champion, good luck. He will kite you , dash and after that, ult and finish of killing you. He has no window of opportunity and is being heavily nerfed because of that. Just like le blanc pre silence removal.
: How do I get out of bronze?
GIT GUD. Next! Kidding. Learn to farm better, ward and focus the objectives.
: > So, why not make a solo Q and a dynamic queue? Remove normal draft, slap a rank on it and add solo queue. If the answer is "solo will canibalize dynamic queue because no solo player want to play with premades" isn't obvious wich queue is the right one for the game? It's not as simple as which one is more popular. If 51% of players prefer one version and 49% prefer another and you go with majority rules, then you end up with a lot of unhappy players. We wanted to launch a separate solo queue, and we even made that announcement, which got us in trouble when we realized mathematically that it wouldn't work. The TLDR of that is that if even a sizeable fraction of solo players enter solo queue only, then queue times for DQ get longer and longer, which then pushes more players out of DQ and into SQ, until DQ becomes a ghost town. This is similar to what happened to the original Team Builder, where some players really loved it (and still miss it) but as queue times became longer, more players abandoned it, driving queue times to be even longer and so on. > If the premade size is duos and 3s, why not restrict to solo,duo and 3s? The biggest complaint I have with dynamic queue is being left in the dark in a 1/4s game. Sure, there are benefits but the solo players get shafted in the process. We are talking a lot about if there is really a ton of benefit in 4s. Anecdotally, we hear a lot (even internally) about what a bad experience they can be for the solo player. So far our data doesn't support that conclusion though. We're not dismissing the feedback -- just trying to understand why there is a discrepancy. > Why not specialize and restrict the key stones? Does graps need really to do damage? Why not just sustain so tanks can be the CC tanking machine designed for that? We are looking at keystones. Part of the problem is that it's some pretty old code and pretty fragile, so when we make changes at all, it's really easy to cause bugs. That's not acceptable so we are going to rewrite the code and the question is to what degree. If it's a medium size update, then there isn't much point in changing the current masteries because a new update might be soon(tm). If it's a large update that takes longer, then it probably makes sense to work on keystones again until the new system can come online. Hope that explanation makes some sense.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2016-07-14T00:31:48.533+0000) > > It's not as simple as which one is more popular. If 51% of players prefer one version and 49% prefer another and you go with majority rules, then you end up with a lot of unhappy players. > Sure. Some players will be unhappy, but isn't dynamic queue hurting the pro scene? When ranked feels like a clown fiesta because of premades and pro players are playing in private servers so they can have a decent match, doesn't it hurt the investment in e-sports and the feel of progression since the system isn't measuring your direct skills because it is heavily influenced by your premade? (See the Korean server). > > So far our data doesn't support that conclusion though. We're not dismissing the feedback -- just trying to understand why there is a discrepancy. > There are two reasons why there is a discrepancy in the data. 1) When a 4/1 wins, even if the player was left in the dark and did nothing to contribute for the win, there is no reason to report. While it stills left a bitter taste after the match, no one will report a winning team for "lack of communication" they will just proceed to the next match. It is really sad when you finish a game and you feel the outcome would be the same if you were spectating it. Sure, the same scenario could happen in a soloq match, but you will get the feeling of carried while contributing, instead of "irrelevant". He will not vent on the boards/redit, but if there is a topic about it he will contribute to it. "I felt like I was irrelevant. Played a 20 game with no chat and won because they were good". 2) The scenario where 4 hommies gank up on a solo q. There will rarely be a report. While toxicity was common in solo q and mutual reporting was common, when the player feels what is to blame isn't the players but the system that made him play with the 4 guys, that solo queuer will vent on the boards and redit. He doesn't blame the premade. He blames the system. That is the reason why the 4/1 made nightmare is rarely displayed in your charts but is popping on the boards. I suggest, again, to restrict the max 3s premade in all elos. That will shut up 90% of the noise and end with the 1/4s posts. A sign of which ones were in the premade, even if it is post match or post chat would feel great so players don't feel that riot is making up the statistics. Transparency works great and players can find one way or another with some API searchers that show "recently played with". Could you give the players that as a sign of good will? > We are looking at keystones. [...]. Hope that explanation makes some sense. I get it. Thanks for answering again.
cupcaker (NA)
: "don't pick darius first pick you're gonna get hard countered"
: > But... didn't we had that with 5x5 ranked? The true experience, 5x5 players with voice coms? Ranked 5s were not a great feature and had very low participation. There were two main design problems, in my opinion. One is that the roster management game was just kind of a burden. Second, matchmaking times are really long, especially in non peak times. We are trying to fix the latter by having windows for ranked 5s. But in terms of DQ, ranked 5s don't really scratch the same itch because premade 5s are still very, very rare. The most common premade is a duo. That shrank a little now that other groups are possible, but it's still dominant. We think there is benefit being able to queue as 3s (especially) and 4s. > Shoving all sizes partys in ranked isn't a move to appease veterans. If it was there should be a MMR penalty or pdl decrease similar to old duo queue. Veterans, in most part, care about individual skills. See the pro player p* with dqueue. It was a move to appease veterans. Some of them were asking for it (we heard all the time that "League makes it too hard to play with my friends") and some were not asking for it, but we think that was partially because the game threw so many obstacles in the way of playing with an organized team that many of those players didn't even know what they were missing. We didn't communicate this well -- more on that in a moment. Let me be clear too that when I say "friends" I don't mean it has to be your RL friends. It can just be someone you have a shared history with -- someone whose play patterns you know. Someone that doesn't mind if you say "I'm going to try something crazy - just stick with me." For much of its lifespan, League was weirdly one of the least social multiplayer games out there, which is particularly weird for a team game. The intent of DQ was to let more players experience what it's like to be able to build a strategy without starting from scratch every time. You know you mid laner doesn't always pay attention to ganks, so you compensate for that. You know what your support is trying to do almost like you are communicating telepathically, because you've played a dozen games with him. When you make a call to do Dragon, you don't get a ton of arguing, because the members of the team are invested in the success (and future games of the team) and not just their individual KDA and win percentage. The solo ranked experience asks you to relearn all of that at the start of every game, to the point at which it's often easier to just tunnel in on winning your lane and maybe even carrying the game and not really trying to play as a team. We made a bunch of mistakes when we launched the feature, not the least of which was making sure we communicated this intent. As a result (again: our fault), it was easy to paint DQ as a feature designed to appeal more towards people who value friendship over people who value improving and demonstrating their individual skill. But we think forming and working with a team is a big part of the skill challenge for League - it's not just about whether you can LH, dodge skill shots or make the right item buys. > At this point, why bother having normal games? It is all the same. You'll only get MORE toxic **t thrown at you since you are in the same boat with 4 hommies. Bot lane is 0/6/0 but is is YOUR fault that you picked a nasus and is 2/1/0. Normal games are the equivalent of pickup basketball. They are fun for a couple of hours, but the only motivation to play another game is that maybe it will be fun again for two hours. Players like a sense of progression. When we play games, we like for there to be some larger narrative outside of a single game. We like to know if we are getting better or to have a score that slowly climbs. Almost every competitive game offers something like this, so I think it is sort of self-evident. Ranked offers that (not always well, but it does offer that), but normals don't.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2016-07-13T21:31:51.205+0000) > > Ranked 5s were not a great feature and had very low participation. There were two main design problems, in my opinion. One is that the roster management game was just kind of a burden. Second, matchmaking times are really long, especially in non peak times. We are trying to fix the latter by having windows for ranked 5s. > So, why not make a solo Q and a dynamic queue? Remove normal draft, slap a rank on it and add solo queue. If the answer is "solo will canibalize dynamic queue because no solo player want to play with premades" isn't obvious wich queue is the right one for the game? > But in terms of DQ, ranked 5s don't really scratch the same itch because premade 5s are still very, very rare. The most common premade is a duo. That shrank a little now that other groups are possible, but it's still dominant. We think there is benefit being able to queue as 3s (especially) and 4s. > If the premade size is duos and 3s, why not restrict to solo,duo and 3s? The biggest complaint I have with dynamic queue is being left in the dark in a 1/4s game. Sure, there are benefits but the solo players get shafted in the process. > Normal games are the equivalent of pickup basketball. They are fun for a couple of hours, but the only motivation to play another game is that maybe it will be fun again for two hours. Players like a sense of progression. When we play games, we like for there to be some larger narrative outside of a single game. We like to know if we are getting better or to have a score that slowly climbs. Almost every competitive game offers something like this, so I think it is sort of self-evident. Ranked offers that (not always well, but it does offer that), but normals don't. The problem is ranked is now a pickup basketball. When the major factor is that if your premade is better than theirs, you are good to go, if their are worse you are stuck being the punch bag it is pretty weak (4s teams). 3 hommies and two random guys. The game feels better for those 3 players but the other two are pigeonholed, isolated in a game with no communication. 2 years ago Lyte posted about voice com with random strangers (curse voice). It was a lose-lose situation. If the player get in the com the toxicity level rose up. If he didn't, the toxicity rose up anyway. Another problem, while you want to give the players the team experience, in diamond they are restricted to three people. Why not expand that restriction to all elos? 4/1Vs 4/1 feel one sided in diamond, in plat, in gold, in silver... probably not in bronze. Why two different set of rules? That is, probably, one of the main reason ppl say the game is pandering to casuals. (add up to that the jungle timers and random dragons). Another point, that has nothing to do with Dq, is the keystone mastery. While they were built up with good intent they are homogenizing the champion pool too much. Tanks - Graps - Sustain and damage. Graves - Warlord - sustain that is linked with damage builds Add up to that builds that are turning the game into a meta golem, making the numbers or skills of a champion irrelevant {{item:3068}} {{item:3025}} . The best example of that is the nerfed tank ekko. Why not specialize and restrict the key stones? Does graps need really to do damage? Why not just sustain so tanks can be the CC tanking machine designed for that? Btw, why have thunderlord decree when DFG was removed from the game because of the "too much burst"? Thanks for answering.
scazzman (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cenobite Azaziel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tqiH4dXR,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-07-13T22:40:42.611+0000) > > I was going to bash OP BUT he has a good point, he just used the wrong words... or to be precise, definition. Just as Lesvitesses said. > > An off meta is a pick that isn't FOTM but is decent. Decent means a one trick pony can reach diamond or challenger. Yes. There are top lane teemo mains in diamond. > I have no problems with off meta picks. > What OP just described is a troll pick. A pick that, statistically, has NO REASON to be played because it will drag down your team. > > "I'm going {{champion:37}} as ADC! yayyy". > The champion that has no AA enhancer . > > {{champion:9}} - As an ADC too. > {{champion:67}} - as a jungler. > > It is like going into a gun fight and your teammate is using a BB gun. > "Trust me it works!" > > Is everyone free to play what they want? Sure. Just don't be a weight on some one you don't know and play a ranked match with four friends. There you can have all the fun a self expression you can have without collateral damage. Vayne jungler with blood razor can actually work if you are good at it
> [{quoted}](name=scazzman,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tqiH4dXR,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-07-13T22:46:06.963+0000) > > Vayne jungler with blood razor can actually work if you are good at it Let me get this straight, you are complaining about troll picks BUT vayne jungle can work? Lol dude.
scazzman (NA)
: a letter to all the "for fun" players in ranked
I was going to bash OP BUT he has a good point, he just used the wrong words... or to be precise, definition. Just as Lesvitesses said. An off meta is a pick that isn't FOTM but is decent. Decent means a one trick pony can reach diamond or challenger. Yes. There are top lane teemo mains in diamond. I have no problems with off meta picks. What OP just described is a troll pick. A pick that, statistically, has NO REASON to be played because it will drag down your team. "I'm going {{champion:37}} as ADC! yayyy". The champion that has no AA enhancer . {{champion:9}} - As an ADC too. {{champion:67}} - as a jungler. It is like going into a gun fight and your teammate is using a BB gun. "Trust me it works!" Is everyone free to play what they want? Sure. Just don't be a weight on some one you don't know and play a ranked match with four friends. There you can have all the fun a self expression you can have without collateral damage.
: > On thin many players are noticing is that game is becoming more casual. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but is it your intention to attract new players at the cost of veterans? I think it's a bad thing. It's also not a conscious effort on our part, and I think it's debatable if it is really happening. I think sometimes "more casual" gets used as a synonym for "I don't like this design change." :) Fundamentally, compared to a lot of games, League has never really struggled to attract players. We place a lot more energy in keeping current veteran players happy. Yes there are more niche games and more hardcore games, but overall, League has thrived because of its depth, not its accessibility. We have no interest in changing that model. If you want to talk about individual features, I can discuss our philosophy about them. DQ gets mentioned as a casual feature a lot, but from the inside, I can tell you that feature was never about attracting new players. We wanted more League players to have the experience that pros have or that teams have in organized tournaments, where you get to build up a strategy around a core of known entities rather than randos that have to learn to communicate and coordinate every single game. For me personally, this casualization claim gets applied from my tenure on WoW, where I was sometimes blamed for trying to make WoW more casual and approachable. That is an ironic turn of events, because WoW players also got angry at me for trying to make the game more challenging and hardcore. (For example, as a dev and player I preferred a dungeon and raid design that required a lot of group coordination.) Overall there is a phenomenon where players (and probably all people) like to blame those names and faces they know when they disagree with something.
> [{quoted}](name=Ghostcrawler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ydAqrpb4,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2016-07-12T21:24:42.037+0000) > > I think it's a bad thing. It's also not a conscious effort on our part, and I think it's debatable if it is really happening. I think sometimes "more casual" gets used as a synonym for "I don't like this design change." :) > > > If you want to talk about individual features, I can discuss our philosophy about them. DQ gets mentioned as a casual feature a lot, but from the inside, I can tell you that feature was never about attracting new players. We wanted more League players to have the experience that pros have or that teams have in organized tournaments, where you get to build up a strategy around a core of known entities rather than randos that have to learn to communicate and coordinate every single game. > But... didn't we had that with 5x5 ranked? The true experience, 5x5 players with voice coms? They could play the same way in ***normal games***. 3/2Vs4/1 and all kind of comps. The only problem that it wasn't ranked. It is, in essence, what Dqueu is. A discount bargain bin team experience. So now we have to compete in one sided games praying that your premade is better than theirs. In a "we are ranking your skill mode" we have so much noise added into the mix (premade variable sizes, and now RNG things like dragons that can turn you comp god-like or MEH like cloud dragon). Shoving all sizes partys in ranked isn't a move to appease veterans. If it was there should be a MMR penalty or pdl decrease similar to old duo queue. Veterans, in most part, care about individual skills. See the pro player p*** with dqueue. Instead solo players are penalized just for wanting to play the game the way it is being played since launch, a solo/duo queue ranked game. At this point, why bother having normal games? It is all the same. You'll only get MORE toxic **t thrown at you since you are in the same boat with 4 hommies. Bot lane is 0/6/0 but is is YOUR fault that you picked a nasus and is 2/1/0. Just give all players the victorius skins and remove any other reward and convert the normal draft queue into ranked, that will reduce the toxity. It doesn't matter anymore, does it? So, no, don't give us "you don't like the design = pandering to casuals" because dynamic queue is both. It is a change in design that doesn't reflect what the game evolved to be just to pander to casuals. Don't fix what isn't broken. Could you please tell us the number on active players playing the game? I guess the last time riot told us that info was 2 years ago.
B0OM (NA)
: Ghostcrawler In Response to the Claims that Riot Is Making League More Casual
"We place a lot more energy in keeping current veteran players happy. " 1- Limited skins aren't limited. Yes. Early buyers got shafted. "Veterans players happy". 2- Dominion is discontinued. "Veterans players happy" 3- Every update the game babysits you more. Trinkets (vs ganking), timers on buffs with no vision (No problem with epic monsters like baron and dragon, but blind timers for BUFFS?). 4- Soloq is removed. What was a part of the game for 5 years. I guess VETERAN players hated it. That noobie meteos, scarra and froggen should get used to it and love what VETERANS like. I could go on and on. PR bullshit.
Rioter Comments
: Can we all agree this is just a eternal preseason?
The jungle will be remade. It is in every single pre season check box. That's why I dropped jungle. Riot fixing what isn't broken and putting caltrops in the jungle (Oh hey, there are 3 junglers that can jungle now, because the monsters are hitting you like a truck!"
: So deep terror nami was removed from the arbiter program...
The guy got bagged for telling the truth. The boards isn't a place to talk about balance. It is literally a place to vent frustration. Riot isn't a single entity, making it impossible to give player feedback, only present in patch notes. That's why red generally show up to goof instead of pointing relevant things. Silence is gold for riot. See soloq radio silence for months =].
: Just for clarification, I have no issue with Dynamic Queue in itself. I haven't had an egregiously bad experience and I don't get what all the fuss for Solo Queue is all about. I just didn't like A.) getting matched up several times against groups with high elo experience, B.) being called a liar.
> [{quoted}](name=Kejsarpingvin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s6aZjLRA,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2016-07-08T07:42:16.019+0000) > > Just for clarification, I have no issue with Dynamic Queue in itself. I haven't had an egregiously bad experience and I don't get what all the fuss for Solo Queue is all about. I just didn't like > > A.) getting matched up several times against groups with high elo experience, > B.) being called a liar. "Go to op.gg and see if I EVER played with one of them".
Sarutobi (NA)
: I've been playing DQ since its been active and I rarely see toxic behavior in my games, so it might be doing something right. Also please stop using buzzwords you have no idea what it means. If so then please tell me how DQ is a "cash grab" seeing as how nothing in it has to be paid for by us player!
> [{quoted}](name=Sarutobi,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UNOEA2H5,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-07-01T09:25:58.536+0000) > > I've been playing DQ since its been active and I rarely see toxic behavior in my games, so it might be doing something right. > > Also please stop using buzzwords you have no idea what it means. If so then please tell me how DQ is a "cash grab" seeing as how nothing in it has to be paid for by us player! What buzzword? Cash grab? Oh boy... you don't know how a "free to play" game works right? Care to talk about herd mentality, peer pressure and the consumptions of skins/boxes(RNG)? http://www.apa.org/monitor/jun04/driving.aspx http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php?print=1 Sure I don't know S**t about what I'm saying! Do I need to keep going?
: It's legitimately difficult to not overbuild CDR now
{{champion:75}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3110}} {{item:3065}} Core items - 60% cdr. It get's worse if you use the old rune page that was 10% cdr~15%.
Rioter Comments
: Daily reminder that Riot thinks dynamic queue and new champ select are the same thing LOL
To the ppl saying "No it must have 5 players!" Dayum, I must one dammed hacker since I can play it solo. Sometimes I even FIND OTHER 4 HACKERS that queue solo. Feel like their code is made of marble. You can't touch anything. Wow, they must throw away the game code and start from scratch each patch. Their code must be one ancient technology made of antikythera mechanisms that no one can't figure it out without breaking it! Come on dudes. Don't repeat the Sim city DRM online fiasco. Just think about it. When riot says "Ohh it can't be done" it means "Nope don't wanna. Dynamic queue cash is better". BTw - Oh it must have 5 ppl joining. Sure. Just like diamond with 3 man limited teams. Or that the champion select now can auto fill you. Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/17/ea-admits-simcity-could-have-run-offline-went-against-developers-vision/#61dae78545eb
: > [{quoted}](name=Cenobite Azaziel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AZ60VEqn,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2016-06-30T05:17:15.965+0000) > > 1) When you throw in voice chat in the game you don't have the option to not communicate and just carry. The one in voice chat are in high ground. You better hope that your team is BETTER than theirs because what you do will be a little drop in the ocean of probability. > > In solo Q everyone where on the same level. Sure there were SOME guys who would ask "skype/ts?" but you wasn't obligated to enter in the com because it would be a small chance that the other team was in voice chat and the one who were only the duo players. > > 2) Good luck. "Wow, jungle and mid are camping top lane. Could some one help?" . Radio silence. "Oh look. I know you like ganking bot lane but they aren't overextended and you shouldn't... "double kill". Well, help out after that dive..." - "Omg, top lane is the island of isolation, deal with it. Feeder!" > > 3) Major problem isn't OMG PREMADES suck (it's is a problem but no the biggest one). You can deal with deal. You can play and try to hard carry them, hell some off them KNOW how to be carried and play safe. The problem is when 4 guys gang up on you and blame you for the whole game. Sure. It is a 3/2/0 nasus that is f** the team, not the 4 premade and their friends that are 0/3 and 0/4. It is the jungler fault! Not the laners that gave a double kill while you were during your first clear. > > 4) No money in the earth will make me go into a voice chat with 4 random people. "Rito, the premade are toxic, I went into curse v..." > riot- "What? Curse what? We don't use voice chats. It is YOUR problem if you want to join 4 random strangers in voice chat. We have no way to see if you are right" > No thanks. I really don't want cancer. I just wanna play the game with pings. > > 5) "Omg bronze players!bronze players! They nag too much!" . Dynamic queue problem is in all the ladder. It isn't like scarra is pissed off at it. Meteos, froggen. Dumb bronzies. > But hey, if you think being silver is wayyyyy better than bronze... good for you. > You probably never feel the team pressure that 4/1Vs 5 teams make in gold/plat. > That's probably why it doesn't bother you. My point about bronze was people would literally down vote spam a thread if it was bronze made if they complained at all. You refuse the voice chat. That's your choice. You're admitting you could mitigate being on an island but won't. You should have been multi lane camped more than once before DQ if not you're the luckiest man alive. Like everyone agreed old solo queue was about who has bigger moron. The few times I did 4 man queues no matter how much pinging etc that is done the random just ignores or does something really dumb. So at least down in silver solo players tend to be bad. Losing to coordination is better than losing to the idiot you got stuck with. Over half of this is in people's heads whether they realize it or not. Everyone is right back where they were. I can only think of a few people that got higher than they were. And part of that was us doing dynamic early season and then them playing like ,800 ranked games this season so not hard to believe they earned gold.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Feel The Bern,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AZ60VEqn,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2016-06-30T12:51:50.254+0000) > > You refuse the voice chat. That's your choice. You're admitting you could mitigate being on an island but won't. > Well I can be the gutter boy or the punchbag. Food for thought: herd mentality. Why should on earth I gank for top lane when my pals are in bot lane and "sure" will carry this game? F** the solo guy, gonna help my homies. After all after this match I will NEVER see the solo q guy again but my homies will keep nagging about "why didn't you camp our laneeeee". People don't like other people. They hate them even more if they have any dissonance. So yes, when the option is radio silence or radio abuse, the silence is gold. There is a reason this game doesn't have an in built voice chat. > > You should have been multi lane camped more than once before DQ if not you're the luckiest man alive. > Sure I was camped. But a dive is worse to coordinate without voice chat. It means the difference of one or two tower shots, meaning an even trade or even a double kill. > Like everyone agreed old solo queue was about who has bigger moron. > > The few times I did 4 man queues no matter how much pinging etc that is done the random just ignores or does something really dumb. So at least down in silver solo players tend to be bad. > It still is who has the bigger moron, just add up to that who has the bigger team. Unless they are feeding out of control (counter picked or elojobed). Solo q - you and 4 random guys (or one duo). There is a bigger chance that one or two of those players have the same playstyle as you. You and a 4 premade? There is a shot caller there. Guess what now, it is you and 4 bigger morons on the other side. The game will either be terribly good, them carrying you or they will drag down you to the void. Solo q - 1 moron throwing the game. Dynamic queue - 4, 3 guy throwing the game. So you are LOSING because of an idiotic coordination. Add up to that snowballing keystones and you have the reason why games are so one sided. > Losing to coordination is better than losing to the idiot you got stuck with. Over half of this is in people's heads whether they realize it or not. Everyone is right back where they were. I can only think of a few people that got higher than they were. And part of that was us doing dynamic early season and then them playing like ,800 ranked games this season so not hard to believe they earned gold. The funniest thing is getting to the same elo isn't about starting early. It is actually the opposite. If you had an higher MMR last season it is easier for you to play your 10 matches now and get near your elo than playing your 10 matches in the season start and getting demoted 2 ranks. I have two accounts. 1- early season - Plat III, 6/4, got demoted to silver IV. 2- mid season - Plat III - 3/7, got demoted to GOLD I. With no MMR penalty for 5 guys it is easier to climb. Before dynamic queue climbing as a duo would eat up a chunk of your pdl. "You are playing with a friend. YOU have an advantage. So you need a handicap. If you don't like it you can play alone. Faster climbing or steady climbing, it is your choice". Now there is NO REASON not to group as a 5 premade (except in diamond that it is 3 party to make it more fair to all). 4 guys now have the advantage. You, soloq peasant is just a watcher. 95% is in their hands. Would you like to espectate?
: Riot: "we know this won't fix everything, but we want to showcase solo players and so as a beginning step we're adding solo stickers." community: "WTF RITO STICKERS WON'T FIX DYNAQ OMG WTF SO STUPID"
> [{quoted}](name=Battlecast Janna,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TvaKKLTa,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-06-30T19:37:35.312+0000) > > Riot: "we know this won't fix everything, but we want to showcase solo players and so as a beginning step we're adding solo stickers." > > community: "WTF RITO STICKERS WON'T FIX DYNAQ OMG WTF SO STUPID" That's called Public Relations. It's like solo q is coming. Yeeeeess it's coming. Yup. herm,.. not so much. Ops, sorry guys, we can't throw away dynamic queue, we hope you like it. Yes we are trying to fic the game for the solo queuers! Suuuuuuuree.. just wait until next season because rolling back the old queue this season is goig to be a disaster... The fix is there. They won't touch it. They will just throw bandaids (Ahhhh stickers!) at it. They won't fix NOTHING.
Poske (EUNE)
: Am I the only one worried Riot ll ruin champions With assassin update?
Not at all. They will make them broken beyond repair and 3 months later they will roll back the mangled corpse (that was up or OP) to the same gutter. {{champion:82}} {{champion:72}}
: As a blanket statement, I posted a long Yorick thing a while back and included this: How to build Yorick? Rush a tear and start mana crystal+consumable pot with W for poke (lot of damage at level 1). Try and first back around 750 gold minimum for tear and long sword -- at least level 4 so you can get a QW off to start your tear right! Buy a pickaxe and normal boots. Now you are farming your tear. Get your Manamune, Sheen, Swifties, Triforce, Deadman's. Now you have options. Maw works, deaths dance is effective, mana issues? Essence Reaver. Skills from 1 -> w-e-w-q-e-r then focus r>w>e>q. Poke with W, Sustain with E, Melee with Q, R for a teammate to back you up (even if it's just your own little non-exploding Yorick Clone). To add: If you see a trap like a mushroom or shaco box, drop your W on it. You build AD, not AP. QE scales off AD. I start W most games. I focus E only when I have sustain issues. Your ghouls lose focus on enemy champions when they run into an unwarded bush. Your ghouls will focus the minion you cast it on until that minion dies before charging a nearby enemy champion. That's pretty much all the main points. :)
> [{quoted}](name=The KY Caveman,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zu9huekV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-06-30T06:06:34.071+0000) > You build AD, not AP. QE scales off AD. I start W most games. I focus E only when I have sustain issues. You should MAX e first. You said yourself: "you build AD". W is just a utility spell for finish off foes. You should finish your tear after triforce or black clear. (Btw, black cleaver is better because of the armor shredding. If you really like sheen passive you can build gaunlet that is good with black cleaver). http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23010419#matches
: GOTTA HIT YORICK MASTERY 7 BEFORE THE UPDATE
search for Invertedcomposer (NA), do his build and see his replays.
: Got my Solo Emblem, now what?
Now repeat with me: "Thanks riot, this sticker made the ranked ladder SO MUCH BETTER! I can feel all that premade hate going away..."
: > [{quoted}](name=Cenobite Azaziel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AZ60VEqn,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-06-30T04:33:53.874+0000) > > "This is a team based game!" > Nice. Tell me more about a team based game where 4 guy isolates themselves in a skype call and I'm playing solo with no communication at all , not even pings. Did I say that? And you could have the same issues of idiots not talking before. Fun fact, people all over the boards used to say "dont communicate just win" I kid you not. Now that it is actually happening the boards are salty. Again, tell me what the difference between my team is just bad and these premades are holding me back really is. Both situations are blaming your team for losses instead of owning up at all. Same with blaming all your losses on the enemy team having more premades. Is it a team based game? yes it is. But that doesnt change the fact that if you just shit all over the enemy in lane you'll win if you know how to pressure. When I say become a team player I mean quit deciding your team is going to suck just cuz they are premade and make sure you triple ping anything you need them to know. If you own CV ask them if they are premade at select and just join the call. There's a lot you can do as an individual to mitigate a lot of what is hated about DQ instead of just complaining which hasn't fixed anything and doesn't help you get better or climb anyway. Like I said, this sounds the same as when bronze players complained last season and the ones before about their teams.
> [{quoted}](name=C9 Feel The Bern,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AZ60VEqn,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-06-30T04:42:33.055+0000) > > Did I say that? And you could have the same issues of idiots not talking before. Fun fact, people all over the boards used to say "dont communicate just win" I kid you not. Now that it is actually happening the boards are salty. Again, tell me what the difference between my team is just bad and these premades are holding me back really is. Both situations are blaming your team for losses instead of owning up at all. Same with blaming all your losses on the enemy team having more premades. Is it a team based game? yes it is. But that doesnt change the fact that if you just shit all over the enemy in lane you'll win if you know how to pressure. When I say become a team player I mean quit deciding your team is going to suck just cuz they are premade and make sure you triple ping anything you need them to know. If you own CV ask them if they are premade at select and just join the call. There's a lot you can do as an individual to mitigate a lot of what is hated about DQ instead of just complaining which hasn't fixed anything and doesn't help you get better or climb anyway. Like I said, this sounds the same as when bronze players complained last season and the ones before about their teams. 1) When you throw in voice chat in the game you don't have the option to not communicate and just carry. The one in voice chat are in high ground. You better hope that your team is BETTER than theirs because what you do will be a little drop in the ocean of probability. In solo Q everyone where on the same level. Sure there were SOME guys who would ask "skype/ts?" but you wasn't obligated to enter in the com because it would be a small chance that the other team was in voice chat and the one who were only the duo players. 2) Good luck. "Wow, jungle and mid are camping top lane. Could some one help?" . Radio silence. "Oh look. I know you like ganking bot lane but they aren't overextended and you shouldn't... "double kill". Well, help out after that dive..." - "Omg, top lane is the island of isolation, deal with it. Feeder!" 3) Major problem isn't OMG PREMADES suck (it's is a problem but no the biggest one). You can deal with deal. You can play and try to hard carry them, hell some off them KNOW how to be carried and play safe. The problem is when 4 guys gang up on you and blame you for the whole game. Sure. It is a 3/2/0 nasus that is f** the team, not the 4 premade and their friends that are 0/3 and 0/4. It is the jungler fault! Not the laners that gave a double kill while you were during your first clear. 4) No money in the earth will make me go into a voice chat with 4 random people. "Rito, the premade are toxic, I went into curse v..." riot- "What? Curse what? We don't use voice chats. It is YOUR problem if you want to join 4 random strangers in voice chat. We have no way to see if you are right" No thanks. I really don't want cancer. I just wanna play the game with pings. 5) "Omg bronze players!bronze players! They nag too much!" . Dynamic queue problem is in all the ladder. It isn't like scarra is pissed off at it. Meteos, froggen. Dumb bronzies. But hey, if you think being silver is wayyyyy better than bronze... good for you. You probably never feel the team pressure that 4/1Vs 5 teams make in gold/plat. That's probably why it doesn't bother you.
: Can I opt out of playing with premades
Sure you can honey.... just drop the game. You'll never see a premade ever again. Riot isn't going to bring back soloq to us. Hell, they even made a STICKER trying to patch up the crave for solo queue.
: "Dynamic queue is ruining my competetive experience"
"This is a team based game!" Nice. Tell me more about a team based game where 4 guy isolates themselves in a skype call and I'm playing solo with no communication at all , not even pings.
: TELEPORT TAKES TOO LONG!!!
I was playing top lane. Used TP to gank bot lane, the enemy top laner used it too. Started channeling. Fiddle feared my ADC. I went to the kitchen, made a sandwich. Cleaned the garage. I went back I was still channeling and my ADC was dead. Dead with fear. I canceled the TP and pushed top all the way to the nexus. Their top laner was commited with his TP. We won the game. Just use your TP to bait the enemy toplaner to use his and cancel yours. Free toplane. Tl;dr: 1- Bait the enemy toplaner with TP. 2- While he channels his TP push the top lane and win. 3- ?????? 4- Profit.
Rioter Comments
Arcyyy (NA)
: @Riot, we haven't had a Demacian or Noxus champion in over 4 years.
Demacian? Noxus? Wtf... (dude... it was about the old lore!) OHHHHHHH sorry. Yes yes, much demacia, such noxian! Expect soon. With magma chamber. Inverted camera and solo queue!
Show more

Cenobite Azaziel

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion