Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4x3cR7bK,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T20:01:54.374+0000) > > Actions have consequences. It's very likely that this isn't the only game that broke the camel's back, so to speak, even if it's the only game shown in the card. I accept the consequences. But it took me 5 months for 2 checkpoints and 1 day to drop an entire honour level
> [{quoted}](name=AggressiveWolf,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4x3cR7bK,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-04T20:30:56.869+0000) > > I accept the consequences. But it took me 5 months for 2 checkpoints and 1 day to drop an entire honour level It took 5 months because you weren't acting better. If you had been acting better, you would've climbed back to honor 2 in a month or two.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GGKsHqV,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-04T20:29:06.241+0000) > > You can make points, but when your points contradict the people with all the evidence and who do this as a career, nobody is going to believe you. > > You do need a doctor to diagnose you in fact. You can't tell me when you need antibiotics, versus an antihistamine, versus an antiemetic, versus an antiviral. You don't have the knowledge. > > You can certainly say a chefs food tastes like shit, that's your opinion. But don't expect that chef to change anything when everyone else and even the Michelin star rating says his food is great. So what you don't like it? Millions of others do. The same goes for balance. The boards, Reddit, YouTube, they're all a small fraction, a couple thousand players. but its not a small faction. its a huge percentage. if a huge percentage of people tell a chef his burgers shit hes going to change the recipe
> [{quoted}](name=FlNGERMYBUM,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GGKsHqV,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-04T20:50:33.661+0000) > > but its not a small faction. its a huge percentage. if a huge percentage of people tell a chef his burgers shit hes going to change the recipe It's not a huge percentage LMAO. You think the echo chambers of the boards and Reddit are representative of the **80+ million players** of this game?
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GGKsHqV,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2018-10-04T20:03:25.344+0000) > > That's funny. You act like you know more than your doctor too? no, but thats not the point. his point is the professionals are the only ones that can comment. My point is you can make points yourself. you dont need to be a professional footballer to comment on a footballers abilities. You dont need to be a chef to say some food tastes like shit. you dont need to be a doctor to know when youre ill.
> [{quoted}](name=FlNGERMYBUM,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GGKsHqV,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-04T20:21:29.540+0000) > > no, but thats not the point. his point is the professionals are the only ones that can comment. My point is you can make points yourself. you dont need to be a professional footballer to comment on a footballers abilities. You dont need to be a chef to say some food tastes like shit. you dont need to be a doctor to know when youre ill. You can make points, but when your points contradict the people with all the evidence and who do this as a career, nobody is going to believe you. You do need a doctor to diagnose you in fact. You can't tell me when you need antibiotics, versus an antihistamine, versus an antiemetic, versus an antiviral. You don't have the knowledge. You can certainly say a chefs food tastes like shit, that's your opinion. But don't expect that chef to change anything when everyone else and even the Michelin star rating says his food is great. So what you don't like it? Millions of others do. The same goes for balance. The boards, Reddit, YouTube, they're all a small fraction, a couple thousand players.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GGKsHqV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-04T19:29:09.794+0000) > > Pro tip: random people on the internet with no idea wtf theyre talking about arent as good at something as a professional in that specific field with far more tools and data. pro tip: those random people on the internet are the people that know the most about the game. theyre the ones that use it on a daily basis. if you say a resturants food tastes like shit you dont say "meh, the cook knows more about food than random people on the street".
> [{quoted}](name=FlNGERMYBUM,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6GGKsHqV,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-10-04T19:32:32.201+0000) > > pro tip: those random people on the internet are the people that know the most about the game. theyre the ones that use it on a daily basis. if you say a resturants food tastes like shit you dont say "meh, the cook knows more about food than random people on the street". That's funny. You act like you know more than your doctor too?
: So I just got chat restricted and my honour dropped to 1?
Actions have consequences. It's very likely that this isn't the only game that broke the camel's back, so to speak, even if it's the only game shown in the card.
: That's me replying to him flaming me saying I'm trash for not obviously camping mid. If you come from anywhere above gold you know not to gank lanes that are behind and that you have to snowball ahead lanes.
It doesn't matter if he started it or if you disagree with how he was playing. You don't get to just flame him for it.
afmghost (NA)
: By the way, I sent them a ticket (with hextech repair logs) and their solution was to uninstall my antivirus. Forget it, I'd sooner drop league.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kObiFq6N,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-04T17:02:40.266+0000) > > By the way, I sent them a ticket (with hextech repair logs) and their solution was to uninstall my antivirus. > Forget it, I'd sooner drop league. ... So you found the problem, it's not Riot, yet you're blaming Riot? Damn. Never seen someone with such a faulty thought process. By the way, I didn't lose my mod status, I left the team because I don't have the time to commit right now. But nice assumption. You know what they say about assuming...
Jeddite (NA)
: > This has been explained multiple times already. Equity sometimes requires more opportunity be given to a disadvantaged group. There's that **"_TRUE EQUALITY_ REQUIRES TREATING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY, COMRADE"** double-think again. LOL LOL LOL.
> [{quoted}](name=Jeddite,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nT7ZLWQI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-04T17:03:29.465+0000) > > There's that **"_TRUE EQUALITY_ REQUIRES TREATING PEOPLE DIFFERENTLY, COMRADE"** double-think again. LOL LOL LOL. I didn't say equality. I said equity.
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kObiFq6N,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:20:02.841+0000) > > This sounds like a you problem. I haven't once had issues loading in this entire season, and nor have many people I know. Of course it is, gaming computer that isn't even two years old is totally at fault here.
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kObiFq6N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:41:49.730+0000) > > Of course it is, gaming computer that isn't even two years old is totally at fault here. Maybe it isn't hardware, but software? Please stop acting like you know more than people who've done this day in and day out for years.
: spell out the whole phrase and capitalize it like this: Kissing Your Sister. People will know what you mean and you won't be detected.
Actually, you will, and there have been people punished for that even recently.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nT7ZLWQI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:13:06.791+0000) > > They didn't screw up, and they did the right thing. > > You won't get a statement of that because they have and still are and still will stand by what they did. Excuse me... But after making [this statement](https://www.riotgames.com/en/who-we-are/our-first-steps-forward), how in the living fuck do you think A BLATANTLY SEXIST PRACTICE is doing better?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nT7ZLWQI,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:39:48.774+0000) > > Excuse me... > > But after making [this statement](https://www.riotgames.com/en/who-we-are/our-first-steps-forward), how in the living fuck do you think A BLATANTLY SEXIST PRACTICE is doing better? I presume you're also going to fight for all gender bathrooms and for them to do away with traditional professional dress because it's too sexist to wear a tie? Using the guise of sexism to fight against what is a **very good initiative to try and help disadvantaged women get into the industry** is the exact reason the phrase "fragile masculinity" exists.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nT7ZLWQI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:13:06.791+0000) > > They didn't screw up, and they did the right thing. > > You won't get a statement of that because they have and still are and still will stand by what they did. How is banning a gender from attending an event "doing the right thing"? And they did not give a statement. A tweet is not a statement. I already said that.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nT7ZLWQI,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-04T16:22:47.442+0000) > > How is banning a gender from attending an event "doing the right thing"? > > And they did not give a statement. A tweet is not a statement. I already said that. This has been explained multiple times already. Equity sometimes requires more opportunity be given to a disadvantaged group. They aren't going to give you what you want just too save your fragile masculinity.
afmghost (NA)
: The failsafe way to start a game
This sounds like a you problem. I haven't once had issues loading in this entire season, and nor have many people I know.
NotSid (NA)
: What I want from Riot regarding the PAX debacle
They didn't screw up, and they did the right thing. You won't get a statement of that because they have and still are and still will stand by what they did.
Gliave (OCE)
: Needing Riot Feedback and Support
Were you not provided with chat logs or game links?
Carruj (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Voldymort,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z8dGNi34,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-04T14:29:35.667+0000) > > did you think that riot can't tell when you're being passive agressive?(which is toxic behaviour) > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} :) = passive agressive btw :) this automaded system is so broken its sad
> [{quoted}](name=Carruj,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Z8dGNi34,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-04T14:39:47.314+0000) > > :) = passive agressive btw :) this automaded system is so broken its sad Not broken at all. You were punished for harassing your teammates and being a passive aggressive jerk.
: Now I love how you shifted the topic, and you claim it is a coincidence. Here is my view, and if you deny this then you're not being honest. Toxic players on AVERAGE want to win more games and care more about winning than losing then your non toxic player. Some proof, I don't have time to look up the sources but if you dare challenge me I will look it up and cite all of it as long as you agree your wrong. Uzi, high korean solo queue, imaqtpie, wildturtle, doublelift all said on video \ indirectly said that toxicity correlates with region strength and they think that competition is fueled from toxicity which is also fueled from motivation to wanting to improve Now you might deny that logic behind it, but you cannot say that their word is less important than yours as they are high rated on a video game and you are not. tldr; being toxic means you care more about winning therefore to casuals they cant comprehend this logic so they say "omg so toxic omg i lost because of a toxic player"
Toxic players are not on average wanting to win more games. Toxic players on average think they should be higher MMR than they actually deserve and can't accept that in fact they aren't as good as they think.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Xb3EX6eT,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-03T13:46:57.548+0000) > > Yes. Riot has said multiple times that the idea that all toxic players make new accounts is false. Some do, certainly, but it means that bans result in toxic players who do NOT return. How does Riot know if an incoming new account belongs to a formerly banned player, given the lack of systems and data to enforce permabans on anything but accounts, rather than players? And even if we ignore that, it doesn't have to be *all*. Even a significant quantity is enough to make silver and below (the entry point for most lv30 accounts) a revolving door into a toxic cesspool. This applies doubly since player growth appears to have stalled out.
Who said they lack systems? It is quite easy for them to determine if accounts belong to the same person or not - it just involves manual work which is impossible to put in on a large scale. But on a statistical scale? They're more than capable.
: People who get banned usually view league as a hobby\ and accounts can last up to 1-2 months so 15-30$ a month for a hobby isn't even that bad if we're talking realistically. I'm not here defending "toxic players" I'm just showing some points. People spend more then 100$ on other hobby's a month
Most people don't throw away the fruits of their hobby every couple months.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ci497Ott,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-03T11:38:35.376+0000) > > In an ideal world, we'd each be limited to a single account. However, there's no realistic way to enforce this currently. > > Since it's impossible to enforce, it's simply not feasible to penalize smurfing. Now, if they're tanking their MMR to fight lower-ranked players, that's another matter. What about the social security number thing they have over in Korea? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
That is illegal in the US (and many other countries), to use the SSN for anything other than tax/financial identification.
: And when they can't provide said support, they send us here. So again, how is this helpful and making your customers feel like they are being heard?
What was your question that they couldn't answer? That's highly unorthodox for them to send a technical question here.
: I just don't see other companies with highly rated customer service using this method. Yeah, places like Costco, Google, Apple, Chick-Fil-A are massive compaines, but Riot is also growing quite large. Making all support strictly online can make customers feel shut out. Especially when told to come to the boards, it feels like your being pawned off into the abyss of the interwebs. Im not trying to sound super negative nancy, I just don't think that it makes your customers feel valued. (Yeah its a free game, but what about the large amoutn of people who have paid money?)
Most other online games have purely online support systems, most of which still won't listen to you tell them they're doing their job wrong.
: I never said I wanted to bully my way through anyone. But for multiple people to just say "go to the boards"... that doesn't ensure riot will repsond or address anything.
They aren't obligated to respond. They make six figures and work day in and day out on the game - features and ideas and changes. Riot support isn't there to listen to your ideas for changes, they're there for you to obtain technical support.
Lyvandil (NA)
: So I got a 14 day ban which im fine with
You have no right to play a specific champ. Banning trumps your desires to play the champ. Bluntly, deal with it. But not only did you not deal with it, you blatantly and wilfully intentionally fed. News flash, that's childish. Furthermore, you're on thin ice now. Next time? You don't get your account back after a warning.
: Comminicating to Riot
Simple. Support makes a decision, and that is always the **final** decision. You don't get to bully your way through 10 different levels of support getting the same answer over and over again. You're more than free to ask for another agent or to submit a new ticket. But the support agents are trained and they do their job very, very well - you won't get another answer. Tldr, it's not Riot's fault you don't want to listen.
: Multi-million dollar company BTW
Oh, it’s totally Riot’s fault, when **way** less than 1% of players ever have issues.
SonicAF (EUW)
: The thing is that those words are fitting and not at all hyperbolic. From the outside this war against the words looks like cult-like behaviour and cult-like behaviour is anything but civilized. The poor guy lost his job due to being racist while not even being racist. That is horrifying. And I am getting this as an example of civilized society.
He.. actually admitted that he was using it knowing it was a racially disparaging term though? He intentionally chose that over other, just as plausible word choices even knowing it was a racially disparaging term? This isn’t ignorance - he was an asshole and deserved what he got. Keep in mind **there was hardly any public backlash**. The board made their decision to part ways with him (whether or not it was called a resignation or not I can’t remember, but it was “mutual”) long before the public started screaming.
SonicAF (EUW)
: Yeah, and that backlash was barbaric and unacceptable.
Your use of hyperbolic words such as "barbaric" in ways they don't even come close to fitting doesn't bode well for the chance anyone believes your short and woefully inadequate attempt at a rebuttal.
: [In what way is it respectful to say the Balance Team is a joke?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/AoisWjVf-in-what-fucking-world-is-zed-balanced) [Or that they're fat and need to actually do some work?](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/q0uEE08H-141-champions) Who said anything about asking for the wrong person to be fired anyway? If the poster is angry at the wrong person, then direct their anger at the right person or explain why their anger is misguided all together. Edit: While I was writing this you handled the situation in the way I described. Seems you already knew what to do without needing it spelled out.
I don't think any of those are respectful. I think any sort of rhetoric like that should be removed and not permitted in what purports to be a serious discussion. Rants have a time and place, and interspersed with serious gameplay concerns is not that place.
: If you're going to say/enforce that "you should fire the balance team" is worse than saying "the balance team is run by idiots", then that should be called out in the Universal Rules. PS: Can you ask Wuks to make an "expand all" for the Universal Rules page? It sucks when you can't find what you're looking for and you can't use CTRL+F to find it without manually clicking on each section to expand them.
Personally I think both should be moderated equally - I don't think those types of statements are conducive to good discussion and personally I can't really justify spending time to read threads or respond where OP has said things like that.
: funnel strat fail, bruiser mid fail and adc nerf fail are way more then one champ fail. And while the team does the job, there must be somebody, who is responsible for the team. I would do better, but I have good job. And It would not be good for riot anyway, because I would try to balance game based on raw data and not on what people want to play. So the game would be more balanced but less people would play, so guess that's not what riot wants.
That's not how Riot operates. Teams have a "lead", but their job is strictly managerial in nature - i.e. discipline if someone isn't showing up. The work of the team is the whole team. Your ignorance of how Riot works and your claim that "raw data" is sufficient to balance a game shows me that you don't really know what you're talking about and are just complaining because you don't like your champion of choice. That's disrespectful if not downright rude.
: So who is responsible for gold funnel strat, bruisers mid and adc nerf fail ? It destroyed season. People from my friends have completly random ranks. You don't see good teams in worlds. So yeah. guess it's okay.
The balance team is a **team**. I don't know how large it is (and in fact there's multiple teams that work on long term vs short term to my understanding) but it's not one person. Furthermore, just because **you** disagree with their choices based on **one champion** does not mean they're the wrong decisions for the game as a whole. Last I checked they're actually hiring for balance right now. You think you can do better? Go apply.
: > We have sometimes missed this thread topic, yes. I don't think a failure to properly enforce this in the past is reason to let it slide currently, however, especially when requests to fire the balance team are pretty much always a worse replacement for threads that actually detail an individual's problems with the current game. It's not a matter of "missed some in the past", it's a matter of "was not applied that way in the past." Which again raises the question of when that change in moderation happened. > In short, demanding someone's job over a design decision that you disagree with is a jerk move It's an expression of frustration that no one expects to be taken literally. You wouldn't take down a post with the f-word in the title for "mature content", because you know the word wasn't meant literally. Same thing here. > not something Riot will take action on, We both know that the odds of Riot taking action based on a *single* thread are slim to none. It doesn't matter how well written your thread is, Riot won't take action on it and it alone. It took how many threads complaining about how out of hand damage was for Riot to say they'd *start* investigating it? Are you telling me there were zero well written threads about damage creep before then? > and the thread that occupies a place that could be occupied with a more productive thread discussing your specific issues We're not talking disk space (Riot would just clean up old threads if that was the case) so you must be talking about front page space. If it's even occupying front page space it's because people either agree with the general sentiment expressed, or they're discussing it in the comments and expanding on what the OP started - or debunking it. Either outcome means that the Community feels it's worth talking about. > in a way that Riot could read and add to their data. What even is this statement? You're not daring to suggest that Riot balances based on the number of posts, are you?
In what way is it respectful to ask for someone to be fired for a decision that wasn't theirs?
Enlo (NA)
: It has been 30+ hours since I've answered the questionnaire to recover my account. When can I expect a response? Just please give me anything at all, so I don't have to watch powerlessly as my account loses all of its LP from solo queue and flex queue.
> [{quoted}](name=Enlo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IPZLxxNm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-01T08:05:13.561+0000) > > It has been 30+ hours since I've answered the questionnaire to recover my account. When can I expect a response? Just please give me anything at all, so I don't have to watch powerlessly as my account loses all of its LP from solo queue and flex queue. If you keep bumping your ticket as you're bumping this thread, it gets moved to the back of the line. Next time, don't ask questions trying to get access to important account information. I don't see any way you thought that was a logical thing to do.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jLRt3ctL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-01T01:00:09.952+0000) > > Next time, don't be a jerk. No this was an unneeded addition to the game just another scheme for them to make money.
> [{quoted}](name=JST FF 15,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jLRt3ctL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-10-01T01:02:36.850+0000) > > No this was an unneeded addition to the game just another scheme for them to make money. How is Riot making money off of honor?
zPOOPz (NA)
: back when it was in the West Coast...
True. Sorry I forgot some other people have been playing a while.
Lewizel (NA)
: Riot's Matchmaking Algorithm and Ranked Climbing Discussion
So its more realistic for Riot to match you with better players to carry you every game?
vimaid (NA)
: Can someone disconnect you every time they attack you?
People can't disconnect you. Your connection goes from your computer to your internet to Riot's servers.
: Request Change to Leaver Buster
You don't get a leaverbuster from one afk. If you didn't have a history of afking, this one wouldn't have resulted in a punishment.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2xN8no3x,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T22:54:38.275+0000) > > Calling them brain dead alone won't take you to h0. > > Chatlogs or it didn't happen. Don't listen to Kei--- he mainly enters these threads to antagonize he doesn't want to help
Kei almost always provides accurate information, if in a bit of an aggressive way sometimes. You just get mad at anyone you can and harass them for it if you find anything wrong with them or disagree with them
zPOOPz (NA)
: don't I know it when playing in East Coast and the servers are located in the West. 130+ ping every single game *shudder* {{sticker:sg-shisa}}
The servers are in Chicago tho?
: No idea how to access entire game chat logs. Tbh only know how to see what I have said.
That's all that matters. Others behavior is not considered for your punishment, thus you don't get their chatlogs.
: Riot Supports Racism?
You didn't realize anything. Riot does not ever release **any** information about punishment taken against other players. They won't tell you anything that even hints at that information. Had you muted them, you would've been fine. You chose to **retaliate**, which is just as bad as if you started it.
: To be a tiny bit nitpicky, we are technically separated in the player base. That is for regions though, so not really here nor there.
Nitpick accepted, but that segregation serves a useful purpose by giving people the best ping possible. The cost of cross-continent server communication would be astronomical and would cause games to lag.
: It's not a matter of "deserves". It is an OPT-IN.
Opt-in segregation is still segregation.
CIayman (NA)
: Ok so now I'm starting to believe that Riot is getting desperate
I mean the whole point of worlds missions is to drum up worlds and esports... so yeah i can see why they do that lol.
: Anohter match and another flame fest and yet nothing.
With this attitude, I think I know exactly why you're not climbing in honor.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cQAbnHJX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-30T17:19:58.834+0000) > > If you can't have fun unless you win, you're going to have a damn hard time in life. Hate to say it, but people tend to hold themselves to a higher standard in life than they do in a video game. They need to perform at a mediocre level at the very least to make a living. Those that dont are put on welfare and end up on Maury somehow. Thanks for the trite life advice friendo - I couldn't care less.
Damn. I wouldn't want to work with you in a League game or in real life. You're holding people to an impossible standard in League - always winning and playing amazing. That is a standard that not even you have met. And you're saying the standard is *higher* than that in the real world?
: The inherent problem with multiplayer games
If you can't have fun unless you win, you're going to have a damn hard time in life.
Show more

Chermorg

Level 103 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion