: Patch 9.7 TL;DR here folks
Expecting anything worthwhile from this game anymore is asking to be let down.
: What is the champion that you hate having on your team/enemy team more than Yasuo?
{{champion:28}} {{champion:35}} - Almost always terrible. {{champion:23}} {{champion:75}} -Muh late game {{champion:74}} {{champion:427}}{{champion:27}} {{champion:432}} - Never does anything useful. {{champion:67}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:103}} {{champion:99}} -The people that play them are so obnoxious.
ellekene (EUNE)
: What kind of music do you listen to between games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS74kXPRyoc
: Tryndamere players that got Mastery 7
i still dont understand why he hasn't been reworked yet.
: Because the main site (not only the boards) sucks dick
> [{quoted}](name=Abibyama II,realm=EUW,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=5cfom6Ta,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-12T14:41:04.915+0000) > > Because the main site (not only the boards) sucks dick Then it needs to be fixed/brought up to date. Stupid remarks like this isn't a valid reason. Trying to find out information about this 10 year old game is like a needle in a goddamn haystack.
: GD, What's the First Memorable Post/Thread You Ever Saw on the Forums?
Mines not so memey. The one that sticks out for me was Workshop Shaco's post about taking Evelynn mid back in season 2 and rushing Deathfire's Grasp. I'll never forget the rage that ensued from three shotting squishies at level 6 with DFG-R-E. Goddamn I miss when Evelynn could lane effectively.
CLG ear (NA)
: certainlyT interview
can i get a tl;dw?
: Does your champion reflect your personality/aesthetic?
>. I like making snarky remarks, I am always so flirty but deep down a ruthless bitch, my tits are huge y i k e s.
Ønliest (NA)
: Can we buff kalista?
: Would you say Sylas is overloaded?
His healing is overpowered. Thats really it.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Does anyone actually play ARURF alone?
I do when nobody else is around and because its fast. When things are super stacked against you though, makes me wanna quit.
Terozu (NA)
: What's your favorite Pokemon nickname?
: Please take mid laners out of support
Stop calling for the removal of versatility. Its extremely unhealthy for the game.
Juice (EUNE)
: How do I deal with Neeko top as Renekton?
I dont think any of you nay sayers realize just how powerful Rageblade Neeko is. Give it a shot. You'll change your tune real quick. Honestly though, i think its more of a problem with Rageblade rather than Neeko herself.
: Y'all remember when Singed was strong for like 5 seconds
Which time? Because hes been "op" many times in the past 9-10 years.
Glîtchy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vhBiqXkz,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-10T16:56:36.975+0000) > > Im not talking about GP, Warwick or Nunu. Just Poppy and Eve. > > Eve is a bad rework because pretty much every other jungler do her job better. Her terrible early game is a massive detriment in the current state of the game being so focused around it. Her terrible damage makes for slower clears and leaves her way too open to invades, and her ganks leave a lot to be desired unless the enemy is pushed right up on your laners turret. The one thing eve has going for her right now is that few people understand how to go against her and what she does. > > Her design in the first rework in season 2 was based around her playing either AD or AP. She wasn't ever meant to be just an AP unit, or an AD unit. She could be played either way to satisfy whatever conditions suited the player. And yes, AD was effective. Especially after they neutered her R from % max health magic, to % current health magic. Riot for whatever reason removed that versatility. Yet she was primarily built AP
> [{quoted}](name=Glîtchy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vhBiqXkz,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-10T17:47:42.220+0000) > > Yet she was primarily built AP And you missed the point entirely.
Glîtchy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vhBiqXkz,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-10T16:07:47.546+0000) > > You have no idea what you're talking about. > > Poppy had an abysmal early game, easily the worst there has ever been in this game. She was the definition of feast or famine and her rework brought her up to speed in a game that had wildly changed since her inception. She was worthless pretty much everywhere and her bad matchups were everybody in the game unless she managed to farm up enough to get to late game. This might be my favorite rework because it still feels like Poppy and does decently. > > Eve. Eve is still spam Q, just she now has to wait 2 seconds, and land a skillshot for her to deal any damage with it. They've cannot for the life of them code her whiplash properly at all, because it has taken them since the rework has gone live to make it so it properly interacts with lichbane. > They've eliminated her ability to go anywhere but the jungle with Hate Spike's damage is so terrible early even if you manage to empower it, its almost a waste of mana to even try and use. Her ult might be the only thing I like, but they ruined that by giving it a backwards blink for whatever reason. Eve's rework is absolutely awful. So because the early game sucks, evelynn’s automatically a bad rework? Her jungle was WAY too good early on with perma-stealth before her rework but the rest of her kit was bizarre for an AP champ, sometimes the reworks are more of a balance correction, I mean look at Teemo’s upcoming mini-rework, Ezreal mini-rework/visual change, Aatrox mini-rework (before full fledged rework) the theme they all have in common is a balance change, Evelynn’s was also to improve her gameplay, being a jungle player myself, I enjoy playing Evelynn more than I did before, I mean, c’mon an AD scaling ability and a speed boost that disables stealth (both from old Evelynn kit)? Tf is any of that doing on a stealth AP champ’s kit? Poppy brought something new to vanguards with her rework. Warwick couldn’t gank effectively without ult even if his life depended on it before his rework. And Nunu had his snowball throw improved to be a more oppressive ability for jg, had his attack speed booster replaced with the giant snowball. (Seriously why the hell did an AP champ have an attack speed boost if it didn’t scale with AP?) GP, ult isn’t complete ass anymore and his kit generally feels a lot better to use now vs his old one
> [{quoted}](name=Glîtchy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vhBiqXkz,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-10T16:29:16.300+0000) > > So because the early game sucks, she’s automatically a bad rework? Her jungle was WAY too good early on with perma-stealth before remember but the rest of her kit was bizarre for an AP champ, sometimes the reworks are more of a balance correction, I mean look at Teemo’s upcoming mini-rework, Ezreal mini-rework/visual change, Aatrox mini-rework (before full fledged rework) the theme they all have in common is a balance change, Evelynn’s was also to improve her gameplay, being a jungle player myself, I enjoy playing Evelynn more than I did before, I mean, c’mon an AD scaling ability and a speed boost that disables stealth (both from old Evelynn kit)? Tf is any of that doing on a stealth AP champ’s kit? > > Poppy brought something new to vanguards with her rework. > > Warwick couldn’t gank effectively even if his life depended on it before his rework. > > And Nunu had his snowball throw improved to be a more oppressive ability for jg, had his attack speed booster replaced with the giant snowball. (Seriously why the hell did an AP champ have an attack speed boost if it didn’t scale with AP?) > > GP, ult isn’t complete ass anymore and his kit generally feels a lot better to use now vs his old one Im not talking about GP, Warwick or Nunu. Just Poppy and Eve. Eve is a bad rework because pretty much every other jungler do her job better. Her terrible early game is a massive detriment in the current state of the game being so focused around it. Her terrible damage makes for slower clears and leaves her way too open to invades, and her ganks leave a lot to be desired unless the enemy is pushed right up on your laners turret. The one thing eve has going for her right now is that few people understand how to go against her and what she does. Her design in the first rework in season 2 was based around her playing either AD or AP. She wasn't ever meant to be just an AP unit, or an AD unit. She could be played either way to satisfy whatever conditions suited the player. And yes, AD was effective. Especially after they neutered her R from % max health magic, to % current health magic. Riot for whatever reason removed that versatility.
Glîtchy (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vhBiqXkz,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-10T13:47:09.109+0000) > > None of the bottom re works are good though Oh yes cause old Nunu was SO much better. And have you ever faced old poppy? Her ult literally made her invulnerable to everyone on the opposing team but one person, the time it lasted felt like it went on forever. Evelynn is now so much more than just Q-Q-Q-Q-R repeat now Warwick actually can do reliable ganks before level 6 now. and lastly GP is now a champ whose entire kit is reliable, the old one had no consistency with itself and the old ult was garbage
> [{quoted}](name=Glîtchy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vhBiqXkz,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-03-10T15:29:08.377+0000) > > And have you ever faced old poppy? Her ult literally made her invulnerable to everyone on the opposing team but one person, the time it lasted felt like it went on forever. > > Evelynn is now so much more than just Q-Q-Q-Q-R repeat now > You have no idea what you're talking about. Poppy had an abysmal early game, easily the worst there has ever been in this game. She was the definition of feast or famine and her rework brought her up to speed in a game that had wildly changed since her inception. She was worthless pretty much everywhere and her bad matchups were everybody in the game unless she managed to farm up enough to get to late game. This might be my favorite rework because it still feels like Poppy and does decently. Eve. Eve is still spam Q, just she now has to wait 2 seconds, and land a skillshot for her to deal any damage with it. They've cannot for the life of them code her whiplash properly at all, because it has taken them since the rework has gone live to make it so it properly interacts with lichbane. They've eliminated her ability to go anywhere but the jungle with Hate Spike's damage is so terrible early even if you manage to empower it, its almost a waste of mana to even try and use. Her ult might be the only thing I like, but they ruined that by giving it a backwards blink for whatever reason. Eve's rework is absolutely awful.
: > [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8NtRlI3u,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-01T17:57:19.143+0000) > > Why do you need to know who voted yes or no? I don't need to but it will stop the trolls
> [{quoted}](name=mybayarea,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8NtRlI3u,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-03-10T15:25:38.305+0000) > > I don't need to but it will stop the trolls No it wont, it just makes them worse because they know who to target now.
: OIffensive posts will NOT be toiletrated
: TSM might be the best strategic play team in the world right now.
Who even are these people. the only tsm i know is Reginald, Xpecial, Chaox, the general, TRM and Dyrus.
Rester (NA)
: Okay and how would that change people AFK or dodging when you get the champ you want in a regular scenario? Even if they DID add bans and let you pick what you want, your champ would be banned and you'd still be complaining.
> [{quoted}](name=Rester,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pddEt0hN,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-09T22:43:06.291+0000) > > Okay and how would that change people AFK or dodging when you get the champ you want in a regular scenario? > > Even if they DID add bans and let you pick what you want, your champ would be banned and you'd still be complaining. I'd complain a lot less if i never saw another yi, heimer, ect ever again in this mode.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pf5gfXnJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-08T22:01:17.230+0000) > > Make her life completely miserable early. > > GG. Games last longer now than they ever have. She hits lvl 11 at 25 minutes regardless and has 2 items and you auto lose. Terrible.
> [{quoted}](name=NO TALENT CLOWN,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Pf5gfXnJ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T22:07:14.828+0000) > > Games last longer now than they ever have. She hits lvl 11 at 25 minutes regardless and has 2 items and you auto lose. Terrible. Okay, but whats stopping you from dominating her early. Her first 5 levels are really bad and she lacks any form of escape. Bully the shit out of her and force her out of lane.
: So uh when we nerfing Kayle?
Make her life completely miserable early. GG.
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=goTjxosi,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T23:46:44.201+0000) > > nah i know im shit at this game and actually had parents who didn't make me out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Thanks again.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=goTjxosi,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-08T15:53:48.016+0000) > > Thanks again. Same to you.
: Should Riot fix their broken game?
>I think the game should be like the pros play, meta champs in meta lanes, Lmao
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=goTjxosi,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-06T20:49:26.062+0000) > > Sounds like you play backpack very often and like to talk a lotta shit. Thanks for proving my point because your response shows that you are exactly the kind of player that I am talking about.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=goTjxosi,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T16:08:42.807+0000) > > Thanks for proving my point because your response shows that you are exactly the kind of player that I am talking about. nah i know im shit at this game and actually had parents who didn't make me out to be the best thing since sliced bread.
: Is anyone even having fun in anymore?
I just got done playing with a group of friends and we spent at least 90% of the time bitching about the gamestate. I dont know about anyone else, but we're not having fun anymore.
: First game with the new Kayle - Riot does it again
Ive only gotten to play her once today and got annihilated because I went against a lux and a Jax that made my life miserable. :[
: “dOn’T cAlL uS fUcKiNg GrEeDy” - Marc Merrill
: > [{quoted}](name=Ahri Body Pillow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=goTjxosi,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-06T20:27:59.827+0000) > > ...so? > > At the end of the day, a win's a win. Yeah, maybe I got shit on in lane. But honestly letting yourself be carried is a skill in itself. I've seen so many instances here someone comes out of lane 0-8 tilted as hell and just absolutely refuses to cooperate with their team, throwing away a perfectly winnable game. > > Like, sometimes you have a shitty game. Sometimes you're straight up worse than your opponent. Or the worst on your team. Or the worst in the_ game_. Still, recognizing this and playing safe and minimizing your fuck ups can lead you to a win. And that's reallllly hard to do. That is because there are so many players who's mommy and daddy told them that they were special all their life and then the shit hits the fan when said player experiences real life out side the home and find out that they aren't very special at all. They fight it and in the end get butthurt because they are no longer in the limelight and quit on the one who is carrying. It's a mindset that many player today have. They want to be the one with all the glory because they are the ones who are spoiled little brats. They play a team game and somewhere along the line they forget that it is a team game and if that means taking a backseat to someone better, they aren't having any of it. Gamers today as a whole are less skilled and less aware of those around them then they have ever been. It used to be the other way around and those days are sorely missed.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=goTjxosi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-06T20:45:13.006+0000) > > That is because there are so many players who's mommy and daddy told them that they were special all their life and then the shit hits the fan when said player experiences real life out side the home and find out that they aren't very special at all. They fight it and in the end get butthurt because they are no longer in the limelight and quit on the one who is carrying. It's a mindset that many player today have. They want to be the one with all the glory because they are the ones who are spoiled little brats. > > They play a team game and somewhere along the line they forget that it is a team game and if that means taking a backseat to someone better, they aren't having any of it. Gamers today as a whole are less skilled and less aware of those around them then they have ever been. It used to be the other way around and those days are sorely missed. Sounds like you play backpack very often and like to talk a lotta shit.
Ahris (NA)
: Ahri's kit just lacks so much damage ....
: In your opinion, what are the unhealthiest champs, mechanics, strategies in the game?
{{champion:157}} - My only problem with him is windwall. The ability to shut out every ranged unit in the game till the timer exhausts itself is terrible design. {{champion:142}} Fuck her. % health true damage. No counter play other than to kill them before they kill you.
Corvin0716 (EUNE)
: [Removed by Moderation] Moderators
Moderation on GD is hit or miss. You have some really awesome mods, then you have the ones that have no business hold any sort of power around here.
: Riot Games hires its first Chief Diversity Officer
I dont think this is going to have massive impacts on the game itself, story, or what whatever. Its more so on their workplace culture, which is apparently quite hostile. Nothing to get worked up about.
: League is toxic because you can't vent any frustration in any form
Because its a competitive game and tensions naturally run high in competition and nobody likes losing. Doesn't mean you can be a dick though.
Terozu (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NhjImtMp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-27T03:29:08.571+0000) > > Just crutch on your dragonstone until your stats catch up. If your skill is high you'll just eat hits and kill them with a critical on the counter attack. You dont understand, my stats are fucking great. I had 5 semi perfect level ups in a row. But i wanted speed, and only speed didnt go up.
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NhjImtMp,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-27T03:30:54.958+0000) > > You dont understand, my stats are fucking great. > > I had 5 semi perfect level ups in a row. > > But i wanted speed, and only speed didnt go up. I meant your speed, but I fucked up my information anyway. You can't Dragonfang in dragon form cus magic weapon. Thats some spicy RNG regardless.
Terozu (NA)
: Playing FEFates, set my boon to quick.
Just crutch on your dragonstone until your stats catch up. If your skill is high you'll just eat hits and kill them with a dragon fang on the counter attack.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QfdRPhFv,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-27T02:15:21.951+0000) > > *Extreme difficulty and the need to group up was a good thing in hindsight. It forced you to not be an introvert and seek out friends to get shit done. It made the world feel like a world. I think that concept is really nice and all until you get to the point where you want to do some obscure thing that gave no benefit to others and finding the group to do said thing stops being fun to become an actual chore. I know for some that is enjoyable but that isn’t everyone. > *30+ minutes of gathering people or finding a group is basically what it is now when you do mythic +. Especially if youre playing a class thats been hit with the nerf bat too hard. (Warrior). I genuinely dont see a problem with having to hoof it to the instance though. That is for the end game of the end game, not a random leveling dungeon. I don’t want to spend several hours to do a single dungeon, again if you do, more power to you. > What the majority of players wanted was the game to feel like a world again and not a loot slot machine. And I hope they get that feel in classic. > I kinda get why people would like to go back to S2 or 3. For me, it was fun because the game still felt simple to learn and play, but took time and effort to master. It was also a time before before Riot got all experimental with the game, adding stupid bullshit like RNG dragons, tower plating, jungle plants, Rift Harold, 3 ward limit, ect. It was also a time before the extreme snowballing that we have today. While it absolutely existed back then, it wasn't anywhere near as bad. That’s fine and fair to want and enjoy the old, I’m all for a legacy server if it gets people to bitch less, my problem is this bullshit notion of perfection that people have for the old system and balance like it had no flaws yet utterly forgot about them because of their once again rose tinted glasses. In fact, I will give a point by point chart of what would happen upon a legacy server, ready? 1. You have that honeymoon period where everything is amazing, you have all the people loving the retro feel, that old school flair which will last anywhere from a week to a month. 2. After said period, a meta will once again shift to focus around the best picks, let’s say season 2. For the bruisers, they will be having the time of their life, adcs however, oh they will have a horrible time or did people forget that randuin’s used to slow as as well as ms and because of the low mobility, once you aaed them, you were done. Tanks, equally pissed because that was around the time when people whines about tanks being useless because they did no damage and anyone who said tanks shouldn’t be doing damage anyway was swiftly downvoted to oblivion. 3. The people will then demand nerfs for the champions who are strongest, and at that point, what even is the point of a legacy server? 4. The balance about QQ will continue picking up exactly where it left off with that season ended. I said it once will say it again, give the people what they asked for, but this time around, not a single complaint is allowed to be made about balance, you people asked for it, now fucking sow it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QfdRPhFv,comment-id=00010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-27T02:33:11.611+0000) > > I think that concept is really nice and all until you get to the point where you want to do some obscure thing that gave no benefit to others and finding the group to do said thing stops being fun to become an actual chore. I know for some that is enjoyable but that isn’t everyone. Thats why you need to make friends. Join a guild. > In fact, I will give a point by point chart of what would happen upon a legacy server, ready? > > 1. You have that honeymoon period where everything is amazing, you have all the people loving the retro feel, that old school flair which will last anywhere from a week to a month. > > 2. After said period, a meta will once again shift to focus around the best picks, let’s say season 2. For the bruisers, they will be having the time of their life, adcs however, oh they will have a horrible time or did people forget that randuin’s used to slow as as well as ms and because of the low mobility, once you aaed them, you were done. Tanks, equally pissed because that was around the time when people whines about tanks being useless because they did no damage and anyone who said tanks shouldn’t be doing damage anyway was swiftly downvoted to oblivion. > > 3. The people will then demand nerfs for the champions who are strongest, and at that point, what even is the point of a legacy server? > > 4. The balance about QQ will continue picking up exactly where it left off with that season ended. > > I said it once will say it again, give the people what they asked for, but this time around, not a single complaint is allowed to be made about balance, you people asked for it, now fucking sow it. Im not supporting the idea for a legacy server. With a game like this, I dont feel like it would work.
Hjelp (NA)
: If you don't play the game anymore, ask yourself why you're still on the boards.
Because I've been on GD for several years and I like interacting with most of the regulars here. And I have hope Riot is going to stop changing shit for lels.
F33DORA (NA)
: Lux destroys Fiora in AURF and it's just so sad... it shows what they did to Fiora
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WindLord7070,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QfdRPhFv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-26T10:15:47.406+0000) > > I use to think the same way about classic wow fans but the fact that there are private servers proves it's not all about nostalgia. A ton of people genuinely just love the older state of games. You are right, there are, and there are also plenty of people who don't play on those private servers because of some of the bullshit of old WoW that people refuse to acknowledge. Like there literally not being enough quest to get from 58 to 60 so you had to grind, mobs, for several days to hit cap, or the 30 minutes+ of time to get people together to run a single dungeon then having to walk THROUGH the dungeon, through obscenely powerful mobs, THEN have to do the dungeon or the fact that certainly classes literally weren't finished and viable. GL playing Pally. Which will translate to the current game and old school version of this game which people act like the balance was perfect back then, and yet, people STILL bitched.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QfdRPhFv,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-26T10:26:11.458+0000) > > You are right, there are, and there are also plenty of people who don't play on those private servers because of some of the bullshit of old WoW that people refuse to acknowledge. Like there literally not being enough quest to get from 58 to 60 so you had to grind, mobs, for several days to hit cap, or the 30 minutes+ of time to get people together to run a single dungeon then having to walk THROUGH the dungeon, through obscenely powerful mobs, THEN have to do the dungeon or the fact that certainly classes literally weren't finished and viable. GL playing Pally. > > Which will translate to the current game and old school version of this game which people act like the balance was perfect back then, and yet, people STILL bitched. *All classes were usable. Going deep into certain talent trees typically wasnt however. *Extreme difficulty and the need to group up was a good thing in hindsight. It forced you to not be an introvert and seek out friends to get shit done. It made the world feel like a world. *30+ minutes of gathering people or finding a group is basically what it is now when you do mythic +. Especially if youre playing a class thats been hit with the nerf bat too hard. (Warrior). I genuinely dont see a problem with having to hoof it to the instance though. What the majority of players wanted was the game to feel like a world again and not a loot slot machine. I kinda get why people would like to go back to S2 or 3. For me, it was fun because the game still felt simple to learn and play, but took time and effort to master. It was also a time before before Riot got all experimental with the game, adding stupid bullshit like RNG dragons, tower plating, jungle plants, Rift Harold, 3 ward limit, ect. It was also a time before the extreme snowballing that we have today. While it absolutely existed back then, it wasn't anywhere near as bad.
: > [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y3REa9E7,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-24T17:50:06.568+0000) > > Welcome to Gameplay where you're supposed to give feedback on Gameplay. If the game state is good then the board would be dead or quiet because you're typically not going out of your way to make "THANK YOU RIOT" posts when you're busy playing the game. Its literally a complaint board by design. > > And no one here designed the boards to push up things that are upvoted past things that have lots of posts and discussion but lower upvotes. Riot decided they liked the Reddit model and that puts priority on Gameplay over every other board since its got regular activity. The thing is, how many gameplay people are regulars vs a bunch of casual posters that show up once or twice to complain and upvote some things they agree with? Its an easy board to go to and post on for an hour or less and that could easily be your only boards interaction and if tons of people are doing it, it gives the illusion that its the whole community. > > The thing is when everything was all one board like oldschool GD, active discussion was more important than votes. This means threads could get buried quickly, but it encouraged people participating actively so they don't miss discussions that aren't simply the biggest ones, Gameplay posts had to compete with art and discussion posts so they didn't dominate everything, and Rioters were more likely to see every kind of thread instead of selectively ignoring Gameplay complaints because they created a place where they can hide it all. I'm pretty sure most Rioters that visit here do not leave the boards on the "Hot" filter. > > We never asked for this boards format and we never asked Riot to ignore the boards for Reddit after converting it into a mini reddit. And frankly if you think complaints are unusual go look at literally any Blizzard game board or most steam community pages and you're going to see bitching all over the place. People are most likely to talk about the flaws with your game because they want them improved, its called feedback. When almost all of it is ignored ofc shit is going to get heated. You're blind. Go to the WoW forums right now, even a dying game full of issues like that has a better community than boards. Even the classic wow forums, full of people who hate modern WoW, is nowhere near as vitriolic and spiteful as most of League's Board users. What kind of entitled fucking brats make 50 Yasuo threads a day and want Riot to acknowledge them? Obviously there'll be no such thing as a "good state" where no one goes on boards to complain, that's not ever going to happen and if you think it will then you're oblivious to how garbage this community has become.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y3REa9E7,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-02-24T23:05:48.495+0000) > > You're blind. Go to the WoW forums right now, even a dying game full of issues like that has a better community than boards. Even the classic wow forums, full of people who hate modern WoW, is nowhere near as vitriolic and spiteful as most of League's Board users. > > What kind of entitled fucking brats make 50 Yasuo threads a day and want Riot to acknowledge them? Obviously there'll be no such thing as a "good state" where no one goes on boards to complain, that's not ever going to happen and if you think it will then you're oblivious to how garbage this community has become. You haven't spent much time on WoWs boards clearly.
: xj9 getting unbanned this year?
: > [{quoted}](name=Ýisus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y3REa9E7,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-24T11:25:44.902+0000) > > Maybe the reason the community is like this ... is that Riot does not listen to the community? When a large group is complaining about the same things ... maybe that is an indicator that it needs to be looked at? > > I mostly feel the community is like this because of Riot bases gameplay on pro players ... even though they make up 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Leagues Population. Riot used to interact with the community plenty. You know Riot August/Jinxylord was one of the most active Rioters talking with players about balance and champion design? Now because of one tweet, which by no means was even that bad, you want him punished. Yeah no wonder Riot doesn't fucking talk to us. You're the problem, maybe you don't see it.
> [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Y3REa9E7,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T12:25:28.736+0000) > > Riot used to interact with the community plenty. You know Riot August/Jinxylord was one of the most active Rioters talking with players about balance and champion design? Now because of one tweet, which by no means was even that bad, you want him punished. Yeah no wonder Riot doesn't fucking talk to us. > > You're the problem, maybe you don't see it. Nah. Riot is the problem. They didn't want to make any effort to deal with their boards, so they made volunteers to do their job for them and fucked off to Reddit. Don't make Riot out to be the victim here when they created their own monster.
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=MirrorU,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oXo7q7Nh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-24T06:31:13.324+0000) > > I've never seen, heard or had 1 positive experience on these boards with riot in any way, shape or form. Never known anyone who has. Plenty of them before they were "released" and everyone was forced to migrate over here. Back when the Boards were opt-in, and Rioters actually wanted to be here to work with the community to make them the best they could be. Then they released them and the Rioters no longer cared and everything started to decay.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=oXo7q7Nh,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-24T06:34:06.270+0000) > > Plenty of them before they were "released" and everyone was forced to migrate over here. > > Back when the Boards were opt-in, and Rioters actually wanted to be here to work with the community to make them the best they could be. Then they released them and the Rioters no longer cared and everything started to decay. One word. Reddit. They abandoned their own board for reddit cus why put in actual work with coding a half decent board, when you can use reddit and have all the work done for you? Thats pretty much the only reason the boards have decayed into the state their in.
: Why do you think the community is toxic?
Its just the nature of competitive games in general. People dont like to lose.
: @RiotAugust Those "useless" Boards are a part of the community that puts bread on your table.
I mean, thats their own fucking fault they forsook their own forums for reddit for some fucking reason.
afmghost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=BlueSmurf2018,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bdEG7rny,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-22T23:04:14.888+0000) > > This is just sad riot.. There was another post showing why they banned the champions they did, and I dont want to have to explain it here. Once again, men are being thrown under the buss for taking advantage of their opponents weaknesses? if you want women to be independent, and are such white knights, let them play against the real deal. What did those jokers do this time?
> [{quoted}](name=afmghost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bdEG7rny,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-22T23:04:58.177+0000) > > What did those jokers do this time? Issued a warning against a pro team for banning all supports against a team of women. Its all pretty fucking stupid stuff and not worth the time spent investigating it.
: Kayle needs a rework? just add true dmg.
Show more

Chibi Templar

Level 31 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion