: You know what? League just isn’t fun anymore.
I agree completely. I have gone from playing League multiple games nearly every day with friends to playing an occasional ARAM every couple of weeks alone. All of my die hard friends have given up on the game. I have come to the realization that playing because I miss what League used to be just isn't satisfying.
: Why the fuck are bans being removed from ARAM? that was like the best update in aram's history. I actually enjoyed aram for once without worrying about zilean or fiddlesticks.
There shouldn't be bans in ALL random. If you want bans try a nifty game mode called draft pick or ranked.
Rioter Comments
: > Can I please have an option to swap roles/lanes in champ select and possibly the game? > > I queued for mid and my top had an unfavorable match-up so I went top for them. In the post game lobby I received a note telling me I wasn't supposed to do that and I might be restricted from positional ranked. Strategic moves like this are important for the game and shouldn't be punished, especially in ranked. No you can't. The goal of positional ranking is to adjust precisely the mmr of your opponents and mates to fit your mmr in the role on which you are put on. IE : I'm main mid, but I suxx at adc ADC, so my midlane mmr is high plat and my adc mmr is rather low gold/silver so if I get the mid role the matchmaking is going to have me play with high plat players. If I get an ADC role the matchmaking puts me with and against silver players so the game is fair since I have a silver skill level while playing ADC. Now if you swap lanes to go mid when you have been put with silver players to compensate for your poor adc level, you total destroy the purpose of positionnal ranking. So they just warn you that if you abuse this system to get lower opponents and still play in your stronger lanes, they'll stop making the distinction between the mmr you have on your different lanes. Which is hardly a punishment, you will still be able to play ranked, but you will be treated as in the previous seasons : same MMR for every lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-02-11T12:44:46.493+0000) > > No you can't. > > The goal of positional ranking is to adjust precisely the mmr of your opponents and mates to fit your mmr in the role on which you are put on. > > IE : I'm main mid, but I suxx at adc ADC, so my midlane mmr is high plat and my adc mmr is rather low gold/silver so if I get the mid role the matchmaking is going to have me play with high plat players. If I get an ADC role the matchmaking puts me with and against silver players so the game is fair since I have a silver skill level while playing ADC. > > Now if you swap lanes to go mid when you have been put with silver players to compensate for your poor adc level, you total destroy the purpose of positionnal ranking. So they just warn you that if you abuse this system to get lower opponents and still play in your stronger lanes, they'll stop making the distinction between the mmr you have on your different lanes. > > Which is hardly a punishment, you will still be able to play ranked, but you will be treated as in the previous seasons : same MMR for every lane. Was it fair in the old system for me to get autofilled into jungle, which I'm mediocre at, and have a lower chance of doing a good job for my team? Every case has a potential for abuse/unfairness. I would much rather support a system that provides strategic choice for the majority with a system for flagging outliers as possible abuse.
: > [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-09T03:21:01.383+0000) > > That's not fair to the enemy team. You're effectively cheating. let's say the player has diamond mechanics on a champion but can play it in off-positions. Is is still cheating that they are within their win percentage for their position but vastly out-class their opponent? for example, did you know that talon can "function" as a support because no squishy in the game can survive his burst unless they spend something to outmaneuver it or have someone like an alistar as their support? Low level players likely wouldn't be able to coordinate but the talon player could still function and surpass lower level players but maybe not accumulate a high enough win percentage to rank up to a proper amount Off-meta and abuse were the primary concerns when riot came up with this idea. Riot never commented. If the system does rank champions by an approximated position for each champion, there's going to be tons of problems some current champions are split nearly evenly between roles, so that's fairly easy to manage, but some are 70/30 or 90/10 and even more extreme cases
> [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-09T05:36:43.757+0000) > > let's say the player has diamond mechanics on a champion but can play it in off-positions. Is is still cheating that they are within their win percentage for their position but vastly out-class their opponent? > > for example, did you know that talon can "function" as a support because no squishy in the game can survive his burst unless they spend something to outmaneuver it or have someone like an alistar as their support? Low level players likely wouldn't be able to coordinate but the talon player could still function and surpass lower level players but maybe not accumulate a high enough win percentage to rank up to a proper amount > > Off-meta and abuse were the primary concerns when riot came up with this idea. Riot never commented. If the system does rank champions by an approximated position for each champion, there's going to be tons of problems > > some current champions are split nearly evenly between roles, so that's fairly easy to manage, but some are 70/30 or 90/10 and even more extreme cases Going Talon support has and currently is perfectly legal. Off-meta/weird things only because a problem when you do not communicate them with your team ahead of time. If people want to send two assassins bot and an ADC top they are more than welcome to as long as it's talked about beforehand. The "meta" and champion types showing up in certain spots have been going on for so long that people have forgotten that they do not HAVE to go any specific type of champ in a specific place. Large numbers of trials have indicated a general optimal setup and the meta is that way because of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=WhyEvenBotherFR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-09T02:32:21.881+0000) > > If their is an expressed agreement to switch lanes, they should not be punished. That's not fair to the enemy team. You're effectively cheating.
> [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-09T03:21:01.383+0000) > > That's not fair to the enemy team. You're effectively cheating. That's not cheating in the slightest. There's no rules saying you can't take any champ in any lane. ADC and support are allowed to go top. You don't have to have a jungle. It is optimal for ADC/support to be bot for dragon control and for jungle to tap into XP and gold you'd miss without it and apply pressure to lanes. There's also nothing to stop them from swapping too if they want to.
: Notably, {{champion:157}} seems impervious to developer mention, much less actual discussion or consideration.
Of course, all those shields protect him from developers too.
Glîtchy (NA)
: wait they do that now? Riot if you see this, **YOUR RANKING SYSTEM'S FUCKING SHIT!**
> [{quoted}](name=Glîtchy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-09T01:54:31.229+0000) > > wait they do that now? Riot if you see this, > > > **YOUR RANKING SYSTEM'S FUCKING SHIT!** Yes, and it counted as a provisional game for top even though I queued mid. Not sure why someone downvoted me though.
Rioter Comments
: Every loss is from literally one bad player.
In general during past seasons the best player in the game had more influence than the worst player. In general in the most recent seasons the worst player has more influence than the best player. I have no supporting evidence or data but I am willing to fight over it. {{sticker:sg-shisa}}
Drei0 (NA)
: Yorick Ulti
Yorick's ult is meant to function in two ways. 1. Fighting with Yorick to increase his direct strength. 2. Summoned and left in a different lane to split push and help control the map. The second function wouldn't work if his Maiden had a duration. This is balanced by the fact that the cooldown on the ult does not start until the maiden dies.
: Everyone wants to see damage nerfed but no one's willing to have their class nerfed.
The correct answer is, "It doesn't matter what my class is, I just want to see a fair nerf to everyone's damage. I want fights to last longer and require more thought."
: Anyone miss the old original kit on some champions?
{{item:3070}} {{item:3070}} {{champion:90}} {{item:3070}} {{item:3070}} I miss my old Malz so much.
Jeddite (NA)
: Too bad it isn't true --- League would be more enjoyable within one patch.
> [{quoted}](name=Jeddite,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iEBklaWn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-13T17:26:10.905+0000) > > Too bad it isn't true --- League would be more enjoyable within one patch. You say it isn't true but do you have any evidence to back that? I've seen evidence saying it has happened.
Koiyaki (NA)
: wait till tommorow for the essense shop, 113k be here waiting to spend on chromas :3
> [{quoted}](name=Koiyaki,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EkhGeL9i,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-20T01:18:16.224+0000) > > wait till tommorow for the essense shop, 113k be here waiting to spend on chromas :3 Ooooo, that's a thing? I haven't seen any info on that.
Rioter Comments
Leetri (EUW)
: Funny how people say that the matchmaker is broken and the teams are uneven yet at the same time they complain that they can't carry 1v9.
All other things being equal, I should be able to leverage a lead into a win much of the time. This feels incredibly sour compared to how it felt seasons 1-5. Now it feels like it's more important that the worst player on my team isn't an outlier, instead of striving to be the best player in the match having the most influence.
Sanngriðr (EUNE)
: Someone tell me the point of soloque again.
/signed because I miss being able to solo carry games unless the teams were completely mismatched.
: Pls let mages have better autoattacks for minions
Is it fair to say that every champion of an average level relative to the gameclock should have the ability to last hit previously undamaged minions under tower with auto attacks only?
333 (EUNE)
: @RiotReperoir You should wait with the Ninja Tabi nerf and hit them same time when ADC gets changed
I've honestly had enough of our ADC overlords and applaud any reduction in their status with kneejerked speed.
: Nono, he got it right, you didn't understand what he was trying to say. (you both most likely have the same point of view on the matter you were writing about) What Jerry Seinfeld is trying to say is: The division system shouldn't lag behind the MMR system. For example: If my MMR is high gold then I will play against high gold, but due to the division system I might only be silver 1. Now I get into promos and have to play my promo games to gold against people in high gold, aka my promo games are much harder than the promo games somebody with a gold 5 MMR gets. An easy fix for that problem would be to give that person the right to advance without playing promo games. It is something we already have, but it kicks in way too late.
The system compensates for the difference by giving you way more LP when you win and taking less when you lose. You may have to play players that are in gold 1 to promote our of silver 1, but you have to win way less than 50% of your games to stay in promos. I think the main frustration point is that you now have to win more difficult games than your shiny division once you're in promos, and the only compensation point for that is a free win when you get back to it. It would be nice if instead of skipping a division when your MMR is much higher, you skipped promos when there is a large deviation between your MMR and division.
: Anyone else feel like they're going through the motions waiting for the game to feel like LoL again?
NiamhNyx (NA)
: I have a feeling most people suffering this are using AMD. Its quite often a bug in a game will hurt how well an AMD product does. Whats your GPU? a 960 or something?
I have a GTX 460 and the last 3 patches have wrecked my FPS. I've always been able to run at max settings until this season.
Rioter Comments
: That's one more than you would've seen if they didn't roll out the system {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=Leaf of the lake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hEzWF3uO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-19T01:22:11.872+0000) > > That's one more than you would've seen if they didn't roll out the system > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} I mean that something is wrong if a brand new system is being utilized so poorly.
Zerdun (NA)
: I have seen 1 every 5 or 6 games. Usually its the Teemo one. Personally i was excited for the emote system until i discovered it was a paid service, and that it had an RP price tag of ludicrous amounts.
> [{quoted}](name=Zerdun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hEzWF3uO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-19T01:13:49.199+0000) > > I have seen 1 every 5 or 6 games. Usually its the Teemo one. Personally i was excited for the emote system until i discovered it was a paid service, and that it had an RP price tag of ludicrous amounts. I've seen 1. After multiple days of multiple games. I though it might be fun, but as you said, ludicrously priced. https://image.slidesharecdn.com/secureworld-kim-infosecatludicrousspeeds-ruggeddevops6a-120524172153-phpapp02/95/secureworld-kim-infosec-at-ludicrous-speeds-rugged-devops-6a-15-728.jpg?cb=1337880323[/img]
: Infernal Dragons can give you up to 6000+ Gold worth of extra Items per Champion
I miss gold dragons. They felt important but not gamebreaking.
Rioter Comments
: It'd only be doable at legendary because it'd need completely new voice work.
That's fine. Or they could make some excuse that her voice doesn't change with her.
: @Riot Could we get a sketch of Evelynn as a male?
A gender bender Eve skin would actually make sense now. Could even be the same body type (model) and still work well.
Rioter Comments
: Tell them to pause the football game because you need something from them
> [{quoted}](name=Social Justice 1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=RWgmrRL6,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-09-28T22:13:20.867+0000) > > Tell them to pause the football game because you need something from them That's pretty easy to do with a DVR these days...
: I just ban Yas. ;)
Even if someone in your lobby wants to play him?
ErnestoXP (EUW)
: Give Veigar an "execution" sign like that of Cho'gath's and new Eve's ult.
Part of knowing your champion is knowing your thresholds for how much damage you can do and take in a trade. I do not support this and I play Veigar.
: 2 dislikes and no comments. If you're gonna dislike it, you may as well share your thoughts. Or is your reasoning because you're a Veigar main?
The regen buff I love. The CD buff I love, but was unneeded. Now people might start banning Veigar.
Rioter Comments
Avarist (EUW)
: So is the problem that he's hard to kill, or that he's too adorable?
It's that he visually looks so squishy, but is so hard to kill!
Rioter Comments
Rindin14 (NA)
: It gave me Emerald Taric, I'm happy with discount bot :3
I only got skins for champs I already have great skins for, and none for the skinless champs I recently start playing.
Rioter Comments
: {{champion:82}} Awww Jeez.
: I literally wanna get demoted out of d5.
Just so everyone knows, your MMR and your "rank" are two separate things. MMR is used to determine your team and your opponents. Rank is a visual representation of your approximate MMR. Basically, you play with/against whomever your MMR determines and your actual rank doesn't do anything. You could be G5 and plat against silver 4 players if you lose enough games. Eventually you'll demote back to silver, but dropping tiers is hard to do.
: Alternatively, allow people to actually just trade their pick order
If that was the case then they should just make mid and top last picks. Then you'd only have to coordinate swaps for highly contested champs.
: I'm really enjoy middlesticks right now
dlayed (NA)
: I see alot of people bitching about tanks being able to take ten shot when the reality of it is that they are the ones that should be able to. Realistically there should be more armor pen and less damage on turrets so that tanks aren't hit ass hard but Squishies are basically taking true damage if they take too many shots.
Stacking flat pen would work great. Every turret shot lowers your armor by 10 or something like that. This means the 250 armor tank would barely feel it, and the 50 armor carry would be extra murdered.
coreym11 (NA)
: Why are Caitlyn traps allowed to survive under tower?
How about we give traps a radius. Cait can have 5 total traps, but no more than 3 within a radius of each other.
Windoges (NA)
: Although we can't have honor progress visible...
I actually really like this. Motivational Rito Messages 2017 and beyond!
: Am I the only one that thinks that Solo Q isnt Really Solo Q anymore ?
I find that now my potential to solo carry is lower than any one of my 4 teammates potential to solo lose in a myriad of ways.
MrHaZeYo (NA)
: I mean in a perfect world sure, but when a d5 can queue with a b4 then all logic goes out the window
I meant more in ranked. I completely get that normals can be wonky due to people being queued together
MrHaZeYo (NA)
: Your only as strong as your weakest teammate
Right, but it feels like there is more consistently someone that is on a completely different level than the other 9. I expect there to be some skill disparity in a 10 player game, but not to the degree that 1 person clearly doesn't belong.
Show more

ClatoVerataNicto

Level 80 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion