Spotty (NA)
: tired of people voting NO during surrender
You know this reminds me of a game I had a few weeks ago. Everyone wanted to surrender early except me. I voted no, and we just kept on playing. It took awhile, but we managed to stall the game out for a little bit longer. We were able to get some kills and buy some stronger items, and eventually we won the game.
Zraebiel (NA)
: Bring Bans Back To ARAM (Poll)
Unless Riot unlocks all the champs for everyone then yes I want bans back.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Why do Teemo shrooms get swallowed by windwall?
> [{quoted}](name=Salty Mc Feed,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=k1V9U0ow,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-17T11:48:05.371+0000) > > Why do Teemo shrooms get swallowed by windwall? Screw Teemo honestly. I'm glad this interaction exists.
: >Wouldn't you like to actually OWN the games you buy again? Yes but I'm fine with not having to wait in line for several hours on release day after preordering months before so that I can even play a new game, much less if I didn't preorder and have to wait another few weeks until the store gets more games shipped out AND I have to buy them before others. Sure I don't 'own' the games anymore, but honestly the only difference is it's easier for me to purchase and play games. >Wouldn't you like to play them without logging into an account, I already can. Part of buying the games from Steam is downloading them, and whether I'm offline or not I can still just play them. > and wouldn't you like to be able to play your games without someone spying on you while you do it, The only thing I care about is hiding whether I own lewd games and my playtime on said games. I don't give a shit if a company knows how much time I've wasted on Warframe. > and wouldn't you like to stop exclusives? Yes but I don't see how this is remotely relevant to Steam.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eehUlNyL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-17T20:36:37.044+0000) > > Yes but I'm fine with not having to wait in line for several hours on release day after preordering months before so that I can even play a new game, much less if I didn't preorder and have to wait another few weeks until the store gets more games shipped out AND I have to buy them before others. Sure I don't 'own' the games anymore, but honestly the only difference is it's easier for me to purchase and play games. > > I already can. Part of buying the games from Steam is downloading them, and whether I'm offline or not I can still just play them. > > The only thing I care about is hiding whether I own lewd games and my playtime on said games. I don't give a shit if a company knows how much time I've wasted on Warframe. > > Yes but I don't see how this is remotely relevant to Steam. And somehow this issue isn't relevant now? Steam has exclusives dude. It's not just consoles like Nintendo, Playstation, etc.
Rioter Comments
: Master Yi isn't broken, funneling is and towers are.
We have assassins who can straight up one shot you right now, and you think Yi is broken? Seriously? Even if he gets a kill, his abilities don't completely reset. He's fun in yolo queue but I'd NEVER choose him in ranked.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0008000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-11T06:08:07.428+0000) > > Ok let me ask you this. If people weren't allowed to leave these so called "false reviews" on Steam (or any other site that sells games), how else could we send 2k a message? It's not like they actually listen to feedback (which apparently means spoiled children these days) on reddit or other message boards. The ONLY way to get their attention is by going after the only thing they care about...their wallets. As I said again. By not buying the game. Just that one action will not only prevent yourself from buying the game but also discourage your friends from buying it. With borderlands (and many other multiplayer games), many purchases will be because people want to play with their friends. No friends playing = less encouragement to buy. But gamers are notorious for kicking up a fuss about a game then turning right around and proving their complaints were just bluster by buying the game anyway. So companies have learned to ignore almost all negative criticism except the one that matters. Purchasing habits. Your desire to attack the company doesn't change the fact that these are false reviews being left on steam.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00080001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T13:00:01.751+0000) > > As I said again. By not buying the game. Just that one action will not only prevent yourself from buying the game but also discourage your friends from buying it. > > With borderlands (and many other multiplayer games), many purchases will be because people want to play with their friends. No friends playing = less encouragement to buy. > > But gamers are notorious for kicking up a fuss about a game then turning right around and proving their complaints were just bluster by buying the game anyway. So companies have learned to ignore almost all negative criticism except the one that matters. Purchasing habits. > > Your desire to attack the company doesn't change the fact that these are false reviews being left on steam. Having an opinion isn't "attacking the company".
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00080001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T22:13:20.918+0000) > > It's not petty. It's called having an opinion! We have this thing called freedom of expression so people are allowed to have an opinion and express it. Epic 100% deserves this defamation and you know it (unless you actually LIKE exclusives and games that cost over $100). The fact that you're defending them is just disgusting. And steam has the freedom to hide reviews that they believe to be irrelevant to the game. Here's what you do if you don't like Gearbox selling exclusive on Epic launcher; You don't buy it. Feel free to complain about the situation on reddit, whatever forum or discussion board you're on. But leaving a poor review on a game that is irrelevant to your complaint is called leaving a **false review**.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=000800010000000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-11T03:12:13.145+0000) > > And steam has the freedom to hide reviews that they believe to be irrelevant to the game. > > Here's what you do if you don't like Gearbox selling exclusive on Epic launcher; > > You don't buy it. > > Feel free to complain about the situation on reddit, whatever forum or discussion board you're on. But leaving a poor review on a game that is irrelevant to your complaint is called leaving a **false review**. Ok let me ask you this. If people weren't allowed to leave these so called "false reviews" on Steam (or any other site that sells games), how else could we send 2k a message? It's not like they actually listen to feedback (which apparently means spoiled children these days) on reddit or other message boards. The ONLY way to get their attention is by going after the only thing they care about...their wallets.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0008000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T01:21:37.012+0000) > > First off, the prices are on the Epic store and that's the ONLY place you see them so I'm pretty sure it's confirmed. The base game will be $60, but if you want the dlc it's $100. The fact that dlc is being released on day 1 shows that content was intentionally cut and they're releasing an incomplete game. That alone is wrong on so many levels. And no the people who left those reviews are not petty and entitled. They were angry and they gave their opinions. But papa Steam came to the rescue and made sure those big bad reviews didn't effect the game's score. If you don't support what these people are doing you're basically supporting Epic/Steam. Borderlands 2 is not borderlands 3, and if I'm not mistaken they are even leaving the reviews up on steam just resetting the score to what it was before this happened. You are not helping the case against epic, you are throwing a tantrum on something you have no idea about.
> [{quoted}](name=UnboundHades,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00080001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T01:30:05.357+0000) > > Borderlands 2 is not borderlands 3, and if I'm not mistaken they are even leaving the reviews up on steam just resetting the score to what it was before this happened. You are not helping the case against epic, you are throwing a tantrum on something you have no idea about. Actually you can still read all those bad reviews. They just don't affect the game's score after what Steam did. So giving my opinion on something=tantrum? Good to know...
Rioter Comments
Selegun (NA)
: I kinda agree that review bombing older games is off topic and should be scrubbed. Is there a reason these people are not banding together to push for publisher/developer reviews instead? That would be more productive and not waste my time looking for a game if its already done well on its own.
> [{quoted}](name=Selegun,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:07:01.883+0000) > > I kinda agree that review bombing older games is off topic and should be scrubbed. > > Is there a reason these people are not banding together to push for publisher/developer reviews instead? That would be more productive and not waste my time looking for a game if its already done well on its own. Because most people don't bother to look at publisher reviews. Are you able to go on Amazon and leave a review for Epic? Nope. How many people look at Borderlands 2 on the Steam store every day? Quite a few I bet. And I bet most people read reviews too (some of them at least). If you want to send a message to Epic, this really was the best way to do it.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00080001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T22:13:20.918+0000) > > It's not petty. It's called having an opinion! We have this thing called freedom of expression so people are allowed to have an opinion and express it. So I should be allowed to give a negative review of Sprite because it is part of Coca without ever drinking it? Or I should be able to give a negative review of a restaurant without ever actually going in just because I personally don’t like one of the employees? >Epic 100% deserves this defamation and you know it (unless you actually LIKE exclusives and games that cost over $100). The fact that you're defending them is just disgusting. Has Epic said or even confirmed that they would do this, is Borderlands 3 not going to cost 60 dollars? Has any game on the Epic store that is a triple a product not costed 60 dollars? And I’m not defending Epic, where in any of my post did I even mention defending Epic, I’m talking about defamation here, this has nothing to do with Epic at all, this has to do with people defaming something because they don’t like something else, it has nothing to do with the Epic store, it has everything to do with being pissy and up in arms and hurting a business because they are petty and entitled, what part of that aren’t you getting?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=000800010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-11T01:09:57.539+0000) > > So I should be allowed to give a negative review of Sprite because it is part of Coca without ever drinking it? Or I should be able to give a negative review of a restaurant without ever actually going in just because I personally don’t like one of the employees? > > Has Epic said or even confirmed that they would do this, is Borderlands 3 not going to cost 60 dollars? Has any game on the Epic store that is a triple a product not costed 60 dollars? > > And I’m not defending Epic, where in any of my post did I even mention defending Epic, I’m talking about defamation here, this has nothing to do with Epic at all, this has to do with people defaming something because they don’t like something else, it has nothing to do with the Epic store, it has everything to do with being pissy and up in arms and hurting a business because they are petty and entitled, what part of that aren’t you getting? First off, the prices are on the Epic store and that's the ONLY place you see them so I'm pretty sure it's confirmed. The base game will be $60, but if you want the dlc it's $100. The fact that dlc is being released on day 1 shows that content was intentionally cut and they're releasing an incomplete game. That alone is wrong on so many levels. And no the people who left those reviews are not petty and entitled. They were angry and they gave their opinions. But papa Steam came to the rescue and made sure those big bad reviews didn't effect the game's score. If you don't support what these people are doing you're basically supporting Epic/Steam.
Cloud273 (NA)
: So apparenly Steam can just delete any review it wants now...
Off topic, but I'm pretty sure every Borderlands games in the steam store increased in price today (by a lot). The handsome collection (which includes BL2 and BL the pre sequel with ALL the dlc included) was like $15 yesterday. Now it's $60. Is this their way of punishing those bad reviews?
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=000800010000,timestamp=2019-04-10T08:57:02.266+0000) > > Yes actually I do see something wrong with false reviews. But you know what else is wrong? Censorship. Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that censorship is ok? When you are defaming something or someone for no reason except pettiness...yes. So people should be allowed to actively hurt one's business or sales simply because they are upset is what you are saying, got it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0008000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-10T09:00:58.790+0000) > > When you are defaming something or someone for no reason except pettiness...yes. So people should be allowed to actively hurt one's business or sales simply because they are upset is what you are saying, got it. It's not petty. It's called having an opinion! We have this thing called freedom of expression so people are allowed to have an opinion and express it. Epic 100% deserves this defamation and you know it (unless you actually LIKE exclusives and games that cost over $100). The fact that you're defending them is just disgusting.
Alzon (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZwMXT2Vv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:05:20.926+0000) > > No it can't be dodged. If Jax times his jump+e combo properly there is no counterplay to it. His dash isn’t instant, and neither is the Counterstrike reactivation. Flash, however, is instant and can be used to dodge, and stuns/silences that hit him mid-dash will prevent him from immediately stunning.
> [{quoted}](name=Alzon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZwMXT2Vv,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:23:19.964+0000) > > His dash isn’t instant, and neither is the Counterstrike reactivation. Flash, however, is instant and can be used to dodge, and stuns/silences that hit him mid-dash will prevent him from immediately stunning. He only needs to wait 1 second before he can leap on top of you and reactivate it. That's not long at all. And even if you cc him he can still reactivate it and stun and damage you. I said it once and I'll say it again. There is no counterplay to Jax if he plays correctly.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-10T03:31:33.493+0000) > > The fact that you guys are siding with Epic on this speaks volumes about this community. This isn't siding with Epic, this is common sense. I ask again, do you REALLY not see anything wrong with false reviews?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-04-10T05:43:30.336+0000) > > This isn't siding with Epic, this is common sense. I ask again, do you REALLY not see anything wrong with false reviews? Yes actually I do see something wrong with false reviews. But you know what else is wrong? Censorship. Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that censorship is ok?
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-04-10T03:31:33.493+0000) > > The fact that you guys are siding with Epic on this speaks volumes about this community. "hey man this restaurant we used to love and go to has a bunch of 1 star ratings what gives?" "oh they opened a sister location but people didn't like where the location was so they gave a bunch of 1 stars to us" "...just based on the location?" "oh yeah, we have a few thousand people coming in every hour to rate us 1 star for a new location not being convenient to them. Most of them haven't even eaten our food once, and even those who have mostly just sampled the free appetizer and are rating it 1 star for the sister location instead of rating us based on our food or service." "at least you can remove those reviews right? since the reviews don't cover your food, or service, or even you to begin with?" "nah of course not we have to allow any random fuckboi to review us without even tasting the food, oftentimes without even entering the restaurant. We just allow anyone to control the reviews based on their own idiotic thoughts rather then, y'know, actual reviews" For OP, because that amount of words might have been too much: the purpose of a review is to critically appraise a product or service. The purpose of a review is NOT to bitch about how a different product or service is doing, and then rate the product or service **actually being reviewed** based on the different one. Steam is well within their rights (and their responsibilities!) to delete erroneous reviews, whether positive or negative.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-04-10T03:47:19.095+0000) > > "hey man this restaurant we used to love and go to has a bunch of 1 star ratings what gives?" > > "oh they opened a sister location but people didn't like where the location was so they gave a bunch of 1 stars to us" > > "...just based on the location?" > > "oh yeah, we have a few thousand people coming in every hour to rate us 1 star for a new location not being convenient to them. Most of them haven't even eaten our food once, and even those who have mostly just sampled the free appetizer and are rating it 1 star for the sister location instead of rating us based on our food or service." > > "at least you can remove those reviews right? since the reviews don't cover your food, or service, or even you to begin with?" > > "nah of course not we have to allow any random fuckboi to review us without even tasting the food, oftentimes without even entering the restaurant. We just allow anyone to control the reviews based on their own idiotic thoughts rather then, y'know, actual reviews" > > For OP, because that amount of words might have been too much: the purpose of a review is to critically appraise a product or service. The purpose of a review is NOT to bitch about how a different product or service is doing, and then rate the product or service **actually being reviewed** based on the different one. Steam is well within their rights (and their responsibilities!) to delete erroneous reviews, whether positive or negative. Wrong. The purpose of a review is to leave a review (whether it's good or bad). And often times when people leave a review they're reviewing more than just the product itself. They're reviewing the company as well.
Cloud273 (NA)
: So apparenly Steam can just delete any review it wants now...
The fact that you guys are siding with Epic on this speaks volumes about this community.
ILOVEH2O (NA)
: Let's ignore all the one-shot combos with absolutely no counterplay
> [{quoted}](name=ILOVEH2O,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZwMXT2Vv,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:12:11.848+0000) > > Let's ignore all the one-shot combos with absolutely no counterplay Did you even read my thread? Literally all of her damage abilities can be dodged. She has more counterplay than most champions in this game lol.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZwMXT2Vv,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:05:20.926+0000) > > No it can't be dodged. If Jax times his jump+e combo properly there is no counterplay to it. Oh yes there is, you can easily decide to simply flash, clock or dash at the right time. There are champions like mordekaiser that cannot dodge rivens stun other than using those things, does that mean he needs some strong buffs because he can't gapclose properly?
> [{quoted}](name=SectionedOne,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZwMXT2Vv,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:10:56.275+0000) > > Oh yes there is, you can easily decide to simply flash, clock or dash at the right time. There are champions like mordekaiser that cannot dodge rivens stun other than using those things, does that mean he needs some strong buffs because he can't gapclose properly? Requiring flash to avoid something isn't counterplay.
Cloud273 (NA)
: So apparenly Steam can just delete any review it wants now...
Again it DOES NOT MATTER why they're doing it. People should be allowed to give a review for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
: The reason those users are doing reviewing those games as such is because they're trying to criticize the developer for doing the exclusivity deal, not because the games themselves are bad. Steam was also making efforts to only remove the new ones that were in an effort to slam 2K games and Gearbox. These players can't review a game they don't own on steam and they won't own it on steam for another 6 months after release. That said, TheQuartering on YouTube suggested a developer review system that would allow players to review devs separately from the games. This would likely solve the problem Steam is currently dealing with while maintaining the voice of consumers.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:05:41.018+0000) > > The reason those users are doing reviewing those games as such is because they're trying to criticize the developer for doing the exclusivity deal, not because the games themselves are bad. Steam was also making efforts to only remove the new ones that were in an effort to slam 2K games and Gearbox. These players can't review a game they don't own on steam and they won't own it on steam for another 6 months after release. > > That said, TheQuartering on YouTube suggested a developer review system that would allow players to review devs separately from the games. This would likely solve the problem Steam is currently dealing with while maintaining the voice of consumers. It doesn't matter why they're doing it. People should be able to leave a review (whether it's good or bad) for ANY reason they want.
: They are deleting ones that aren’t actual reviews.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9JEmUdRs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:04:22.259+0000) > > They are deleting ones that aren’t actual reviews. Please explain how they're not "actual reviews".
: Same thing with jax's e, can be dodged. Try to dodge riven's stun and ult during teamfights where it is just a clustertruck. UNPOPULAR OPINION: There is no "healthy champions" in the game, there is underpowered and overpowered champions, there are some that are "close" to being well in between, but there is not a single champion that threads that line smoothly. ANOTHER UNPOPULAR OPINION: You can dodge alot of abilities, but that still doesn't mean those champions (that have it) are at the bottom tier or "balanced".
> [{quoted}](name=SectionedOne,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZwMXT2Vv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-09T20:04:31.282+0000) > > Same thing with jax's e, can be dodged. Try to dodge riven's stun and ult during teamfights where it is just a clustertruck. > > UNPOPULAR OPINION: > There is no "healthy champions" in the game, there is underpowered and overpowered champions, there are some that are "close" to being well in between, but there is not a single champion that threads that line smoothly. > > ANOTHER UNPOPULAR OPINION: > You can dodge alot of abilities, but that still doesn't mean those champions (that have it) are at the bottom tier or "balanced". No it can't be dodged. If Jax times his jump+e combo properly there is no counterplay to it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: this will make yasuo goes the bruiser build, which frankly will be way more hated then current build imo.
> [{quoted}](name=hrooza dota ,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9Er8fKz,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-08T04:22:09.278+0000) > > this will make yasuo goes the bruiser build, which frankly will be way more hated then current build imo. He's already building bruiser items anyway though. This honestly wouldn't change much at all.
CLG ear (NA)
: what's your favorite video game of all time??
It's REALLY hard to pick one game and say it's my absolute favorite. I've played so many over the years and it wouldn't be fair to pick just one and say it's the best thing I've ever played.
nm1010 (NA)
: Yasuo only builds crit because of his passive. If you did this change he would likely just build bruiser.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9Er8fKz,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:13:24.493+0000) > > Yasuo only builds crit because of his passive. If you did this change he would likely just build bruiser. And why is that a bad thing? He's a melee champ.
: Double crit really isn't super unfair since he has been balanced around that as one of his most important points of balance while his Windwall is one of if not the most game changing ability in the game. It has the potential to almost completely negate marksman and remove huge Ultimates from the game. The power of double crit chance is nowhere near the power in his Windwall.
> [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9Er8fKz,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:08:58.071+0000) > > Double crit really isn't super unfair since he has been balanced around that as one of his most important points of balance while his Windwall is one of if not the most game changing ability in the game. It has the potential to almost completely negate marksman and remove huge Ultimates from the game. The power of double crit chance is nowhere near the power in his Windwall. Sorry but I disagree with this. Double crit is just as strong if not moreso than windwall. Yes it's a strong ability but it's not like LOL has a shortage of powerful, game changing abilities. Assassins have the ability to one shot anyone they choose, Anivia has magic damage that crits, Veigar has an ability that either stuns someone or traps them in a cage they can't escape (same with Camille) and yet we're perfectly fine with those for some reason. I see no reason why a defensive ability shouldn't allowed to be strong as well.
: Players hate his Windwall. Why on earth do you think this would help people be less frustrated with facing Yasuo. If you removed his double crit chance then the compensation would mainly have to be with base stats since his are pretty bad.
> [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9Er8fKz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-07T23:01:51.901+0000) > > Players hate his Windwall. Why on earth do you think this would help people be less frustrated with facing Yasuo. If you removed his double crit chance then the compensation would mainly have to be with base stats since his are pretty bad. Because he's losing the bonus crit. This is more than fair. It's honestly more of a nerf to him overall.
Syrile (NA)
: Reducing the cooldown on his windwall is literally the worst possible thing you could do for him except allow a full rework by the "balance" team.
> [{quoted}](name=Syrile,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=g9Er8fKz,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-07T22:59:41.598+0000) > > Reducing the cooldown on his windwall is literally the worst possible thing you could do for him except allow a full rework by the "balance" team. No, he doesn't need a full rework. He just needs a power shift.
: How to make Ohmwrecker Good
Tower diving is so stupidly easy this season there's no point in getting it. In order to make this item actually worth getting turrets would have to be a lot stronger.
Rioter Comments
: So when Jungler going to be viable role without being ruined by level 2 champions?
The thing about Twitch is it's not just the early game where he's strong. He scales INCREDIBLY well into the late game and is EXTREMELY safe to play. With the way his stealth works it's very hard to punish him, and he has a ton of range with his ult so he deal damage at a very safe range.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-04-05T08:25:42.570+0000) > > If there's even the SLIGHTEST chance of my personal data being at risk I will NEVER give a company a chance. How would you like it if someone got your credit card information because of Epic? Like...do I really need to explain this more? That has happened multiple times on Steam though. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9k8qv5/steam-exploit-left-users-vulnerable-for-10-years https://www.databreaches.net/steam-hack-was-worse-than-originally-reported/ https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/steam-hit-with-security-breach-that-exposed-thousands-of-user-accounts/ I'm not defending the action, but Steam isn't so squeaky clean either. >You NEED to protect yourself in this day and age, and if that means not doing business with certain companies then so be it. I agree. >Epic is also owned by Tencent (the same Chinese company that owns Riot), so that's another red flag for me. Aside from safety concerns, they're a sh*tty company (Steam doesn't purchase exclusive rights) and their launcher sucks. I mean Steam isn't this paragon it once was either again tbf. They refuse to make games anymore in house and just are more of just being a platform to buy games. Let's not forget all the shit they refuse to curate and allow onto the steam workshops letting actually good games be clouted out by a near never ending river of just shit. HELL, now that I think about it, literally EVERY one of their actual games except for Half Life was either a mod OR owned by another company that they just bought. Left 4 Dead wasn't originally made by Valve, it was made by Turtle Rock, who Valve then acquired to sell on their platform so I really am not seeing the difference between this and Epic doing the exclusive rights thing, as for the launcher sucking, fair, it is subpar, I agree. I also don't really understand the hate of exclusive rights and don't see how it is any different then console exclusives. >There's also the fact that I don't want a million launchers on my desktop... This seems to be the thing that I see more often then not but I just don't get it, just don't have them turn on on launch, this is like the textbook definition of first world problem. Again, I'm not condoning the the spyware, that shit isn't defendable, and actually fucked, and I'm also agreeing with the fact the client at this time is trash, but I don't understand the hate of exclusive rights, especially when they aren't charging anymore then Steam would, nor do I understand the notion of "I just don't want another launcher."
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-04-05T08:41:43.017+0000) > > That has happened multiple times on Steam though. > > https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9k8qv5/steam-exploit-left-users-vulnerable-for-10-years > > https://www.databreaches.net/steam-hack-was-worse-than-originally-reported/ > > https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/steam-hit-with-security-breach-that-exposed-thousands-of-user-accounts/ > > I'm not defending the action, but Steam isn't so squeaky clean either. > > I agree. > > I mean Steam isn't this paragon it once was either again tbf. They refuse to make games anymore in house and just are more of just being a platform to buy games. Let's not forget all the shit they refuse to curate and allow onto the steam workshops letting actually good games be clouted out by a near never ending river of just shit. HELL, now that I think about it, literally EVERY one of their actual games except for Half Life was either a mod OR owned by another company that they just bought. Left 4 Dead wasn't originally made by Valve, it was made by Turtle Rock, who Valve then acquired to sell on their platform so I really am not seeing the difference between this and Epic doing the exclusive rights thing, as for the launcher sucking, fair, it is subpar, I agree. > > I also don't really understand the hate of exclusive rights and don't see how it is any different then console exclusives. > > This seems to be the thing that I see more often then not but I just don't get it, just don't have them turn on on launch, this is like the textbook definition of first world problem. > > Again, I'm not condoning the the spyware, that shit isn't defendable, and actually fucked, and I'm also agreeing with the fact the client at this time is trash, but I don't understand the hate of exclusive rights, especially when they aren't charging anymore then Steam would, nor do I understand the notion of "I just don't want another launcher." I'm not saying Steam is perfect, but in terms of security they do a WAY better job then Epic. In one of the articles you posted it even says that Steam actually fixed some of it's biggest security issues recently. What has Epic done that would make me feel safe and secure? As far as the whole exclusive rights thing goes, how many people do you know who actually like exclusives? It's a d*ck move and everyone knows it. I'll give Nintendo a pass since they've been doing this since the beginning of time and they're extremely set in their ways by now. Any other company though I'm not putting up with this crap. I don't want to have another launcher on my desktop just to play this. Yes, I know you can have them not turn on at launch, but I just don't want another one. It makes my desktop look extremely cluttered and I just hate it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-05T07:56:48.918+0000) > > Besides the spyware thing which is a problem not even trying to defend that nor saying it should be defended, I don't at all understand why people are upset using Epic over Steam honestly, like someone give me a real reason why is matters if you play on Steam or Epic at this point, not like Steam is much better with its quality control at this point anyway. https://i.imgur.com/Nh5LMhO.jpg[/img] My biggest problems are. No reviews, yes, I can find it on net all over the place, but it feels better from players. No forums, nor guides. No acc sharing, which is for me and my bros nice thing, if we aren't sure if it is good game, one of use will buy and others will try it. No mods, items. Also I prefer how steam looks. Plus all the spyware. It's pass for me, so I'll become pirate once again till it's realesed somewhere else.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-05T08:16:45.256+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/Nh5LMhO.jpg[/img] > > My biggest problems are. No reviews, yes, I can find it on net all over the place, but it feels better from players. No forums, nor guides. No acc sharing, which is for me and my bros nice thing, if we aren't sure if it is good game, one of use will buy and others will try it. No mods, items. > > Also I prefer how steam looks. > > Plus all the spyware. > > It's pass for me, so I'll become pirate once again till it's realesed somewhere else. Yes I remember seeing that pic on reddit a few days ago but I couldn't find the thread tonight. Thank you for posting that. Steam's launcher is simply superior to Epic's in every possible way. I try to avoid launchers whenever possible, but if I absolutely must use one (and I don't really NEED to use Steam but games go on sale there CONSTANTLY so it's hard to beat) I'll choose Steam any day.
Jamaree (NA)
: Besides the spyware thing which is a problem not even trying to defend that nor saying it should be defended, I don't at all understand why people are upset using Epic over Steam honestly, like someone give me a real reason why is matters if you play on Steam or Epic at this point, not like Steam is much better with its quality control at this point anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4h3vTrq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-05T07:56:48.918+0000) > > Besides the spyware thing which is a problem not even trying to defend that nor saying it should be defended, I don't at all understand why people are upset using Epic over Steam honestly, like someone give me a real reason why is matters if you play on Steam or Epic at this point, not like Steam is much better with its quality control at this point anyway. If there's even the SLIGHTEST chance of my personal data being at risk I will NEVER give a company a chance. How would you like it if someone got your credit card information because of Epic? Like...do I really need to explain this more? You NEED to protect yourself in this day and age, and if that means not doing business with certain companies then so be it. Epic is also owned by Tencent (the same Chinese company that owns Riot), so that's another red flag for me. Aside from safety concerns, they're a sh*tty company (Steam doesn't purchase exclusive rights) and their launcher sucks. There's also the fact that I don't want a million launchers on my desktop...
Rioter Comments
Jøkèr (NA)
: Mindless ranting about the gaming industry and Borderlands 3
It's not a joke unfortunately. It's been confirmed that it really will be an epic stores exclusive (the pc version at least).
: Borderlands 3 Epic Exclusive
Don't buy it the instant it comes out. Wait for the goty edition on pc/steam and buy that.
Poske (EUNE)
: As an assassin main JUST NO they arent. AD assassins are mostly fine tho + eve Le blanc is trash tier and she has been god tier during her rework (even post distort nerf but none knew how to play her, well none but me does in general but even more so then), Just ask Faker, Pawn ** LITERALY any LCS player ** whats a Le blanc quadraproc none knows and it was abusable for ENTIRE YEAR) Katarina is trash tier. Literaly 0 winning matchups in high elo, winrate inflated by smurfs, suffers from gunblade syndrome Akali is IMO very good but her winrate says otherwise suffers from gunblade syndrome Fizz has this gimmick proc the wahtever wierd dot shit which no fizz player likes. Or am I wrong here? Diana is fine but a diver. (unhealthy champ tho) Ahri is OP but a mage (only secondary assassin) Zoe is trash tier just suffered 2 games with her. You literally cannot farm vs competent players with her Zed is great kha is good to great Rengar is good to great quite adaptable Talon is good to great Evelynn is great Gut worthy infact Ekko suffers from to much counterplay Nidalee suffers from to thin Spears (specially with low and high league ground elevations) and is an incosistent gimmick champion Twitch is good to great (but secondary assassin) Vayne is good to great (but secondary assassin) Syndra is currently bugged (secondary assassin) Pyke is massive winrate enchancer typically played by bad players who undeservedly got high elo so now are tanking pyke winrate In conclusion Ap assassins are underperforming, AD assassins are performing well but nothing is kha zix level of permastealth scarry **Last time assassins were favored was during "reworked assassin era"** I got to challenger (top50) one shoting people from 1600 range with LE BLANC every 15 seconds abusing stuff which you dont wanna know about Katarina had way higher dmg + actual KILL POTENTIONAL. She had highest damage per game across all champions (She deserves it) Kha zix was perma stealthed Zed was slightly weaker Rengar was Swim bruiser scarry AF Zoe was strong Kayn used to be stronger Then on top of that quinn was pretty much assassin during that era And even during that Era Boneplating, stopwatch ETC were all stronger defensive options **Your Tower argument makes me want to poke my eyes out. Its extremly wrong**
> [{quoted}](name=Poske,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hAE7nP4I,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-04T00:55:22.240+0000) > > As an assassin main JUST NO they arent. AD assassins are mostly fine tho + eve > > > Le blanc is trash tier and she has been god tier during her rework (even post distort nerf but none knew how to play her, well none but me does in general but even more so then), Just ask Faker, Pawn ** LITERALY any LCS player ** whats a Le blanc quadraproc none knows and it was abusable for ENTIRE YEAR) > > Katarina is trash tier. Literaly 0 winning matchups in high elo, winrate inflated by smurfs, suffers from gunblade syndrome > > Akali is IMO very good but her winrate says otherwise suffers from gunblade syndrome > > Fizz has this gimmick proc the wahtever wierd dot shit which no fizz player likes. Or am I wrong here? > > Diana is fine but a diver. (unhealthy champ tho) > > Ahri is OP but a mage (only secondary assassin) > > Zoe is trash tier just suffered 2 games with her. You literally cannot farm vs competent players with her > > Zed is great > > kha is good to great > > Rengar is good to great quite adaptable > > Talon is good to great > > Evelynn is great Gut worthy infact > > Ekko suffers from to much counterplay > > Nidalee suffers from to thin Spears (specially with low and high league ground elevations) and is an incosistent gimmick champion > > Twitch is good to great (but secondary assassin) > > Vayne is good to great (but secondary assassin) > > Syndra is currently bugged (secondary assassin) > > Pyke is massive winrate enchancer typically played by bad players who undeservedly got high elo so now are tanking pyke winrate > > > > In conclusion Ap assassins are underperforming, AD assassins are performing well but nothing is kha zix level of permastealth scarry > > > > **Last time assassins were favored was during "reworked assassin era"** > > I got to challenger (top50) one shoting people from 1600 range with LE BLANC every 15 seconds abusing stuff which you dont wanna know about > Katarina had way higher dmg + actual KILL POTENTIONAL. She had highest damage per game across all champions (She deserves it) > Kha zix was perma stealthed > Zed was slightly weaker > Rengar was Swim bruiser scarry AF > Zoe was strong > Kayn used to be stronger > > Then on top of that quinn was pretty much assassin during that era > > > And even during that Era Boneplating, stopwatch ETC were all stronger defensive options > > > > **Your Tower argument makes me want to poke my eyes out. Its extremly wrong** Logged in just to downvote this, because literally everything you said is wrong.
Rioter Comments
: We should take a second to appreciate the fact that League of Legends is free to play.
Literally the ONLY thing free is the base game itself. You don't have any of the champs unlocked when you create an account (except for MAYBE a few of the really old 450 ones, can't remember), and you don't get any of the skins. LOL also encourages gambling through lootboxes in order to unlock said skins. You also used to be able to gamble to unlock random champs with the mystery champion shards, but I'm pretty sure that's gone now.
: https://youtu.be/JiEu23G4onM Comes out September, as an Epic Games Store exclusive. I'll probably wait until it comes out on Steam.
> [{quoted}](name=TinkerTantrums,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xaZTN5Bu,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-04-03T17:09:56.109+0000) > > https://youtu.be/JiEu23G4onM > > Comes out September, as an Epic Games Store exclusive. > I'll probably wait until it comes out on Steam. Has that actually been confirmed? Because I'm pretty sure it's just a rumor at this point. Either way, this isn't a game I plan on getting on day 1. Wait for the goty edition to come out and then I'll play.
Jikker (NA)
: We don't talk about the mobile game and I wouldn't judge the ES series by that alone. Mobile games are basically entirely microtransactions so what would you expect in all honesty? Now if there are microtransactions in ES6 (very likely at this point looking at most Triple A games) then I'll complain.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NYGKMPP7,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-02T20:15:06.891+0000) > > We don't talk about the mobile game and I wouldn't judge the ES series by that alone. Mobile games are basically entirely microtransactions so what would you expect in all honesty? > > Now if there are microtransactions in ES6 (very likely at this point looking at most Triple A games) then I'll complain. The Elder Scrolls name will be forever tarnished by this abomination of a game. The fact that Bethesda would stoop so low has made me lose all respect for them and their games.
: > [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VvOPbE4h,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-02T19:35:22.968+0000) > > The difference is that Shaco clone is supposed to be indistinguishable from Shaco himself, which means that unlike Morde ghost, it should attack the Shaco clone first as it's meant to act like a real champion. The damage source in this case is supposed to be the clone. The problem is that it is NOT indistinguishable.... it takes more damage. Plus, Towers have True Sight.... meaning they can distinguish real from fake with ease.
> [{quoted}](name=Silly Neeko,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VvOPbE4h,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-02T19:46:28.058+0000) > > The problem is that it is NOT indistinguishable.... it takes more damage. > > Plus, Towers have True Sight.... meaning they can distinguish real from fake with ease. If this is the case then the tower should target the real Shaco right from the start.
Rioter Comments
Show more

Cloud273

Level 140 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion