: Critical Issue with LoR mulligan.
I've noticed this too, many times I will mulligan 2 cards, just to draw one different one, and then for my first draw I get the other card I just mulliganed away. It feels like it happens way too often to actually be random, especially in expeditions where I likely only have one or two copies of the card.
Rockman (NA)
: Is Azir a sand mage or would we consider him a summoner mage?
Sand mage, a summoner typically implies that you pull 'something' from one area to another (typically another dimension, and usually is seen as a kind of space magic). To my knowledge he constructs them from the sand near him. However I don't know too much of Azir's ascended lore, just the stuff that lead to him being killed in the past.
: > We’ve seen a large rise in Hush and Swordbreaker usage, which is causing a bit too much of the “I don’t get to play” effect that we’re not really comfortable with, so we’re lowering their proc rates. Meanwhile Glacial Beserker Olaf...
Was kind of hoping that the changes to the Glove + Cloak item would be in this patch.
Rioter Comments
Tebry (EUW)
: tft champion list stuck and shows 'sell for 0 gold' after selling a champion
I had this problem a week or two ago, but it went away when I picked a champion up and put them back down.
: Draven should be allowed to take his axes into Mord ult. Like if you get ulted and are holding two axes, you lose them. Like hello, draven is yuumi without his axes
Isn't that a buff on the champion itself? Like maybe if they are mid air and he hasn't caught them yet, but that sounds like a bug if anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BcAAuWly,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-04T07:33:33.834+0000) > > He can't fight back till level 11 and he can't farm either at all if he against stronger laner or dump champions with dash like {{champion:157}} and {{champion:39}} True, His current passive needs to be added to his Q, What he needs is some extra power for himself, His selfheal is garbage, his ghouls can easily be countered and his wall can be dashed out of. Too many counter, too few anti-counters. What Yorick needs is something that can punish people for trying to trade with him without his ghouls as well some more utility. His W needs to ground his target when inside the wall and then slow them for x period after they leave. Right now it only works as a strong immobile champ counter.
Good idea, I really hate how grounding is currently implemented, it is touted as some kind of mobility counter, but it somehow feels more punishing to people without mobility on the abilities that have it, since people with mobility can theoretically predict the grounding to dodge it. I would much rather something like Yorick Wall Zone have it than cass or freaking singed, they already basically root you after a certain point anyway. Honestly I wish they would A) Let people flash while in it, only stopping mobility from actual abilities, B) either remove it from cass and singed or reduce their slows, and C) Add it to some things that don't slow at all like Yorick, Jhin traps (Where the slow kind of sucks for the most part) and maybe something wide like Kindreds doggo zone. Who knows really.
Corvin0716 (EUNE)
: Dude, the game is full with bots right now. How can you say that a defense system is working against bots when the games are full with bots?
> [{quoted}](name=Corvin0716,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=I4GVZBEA,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-12-13T14:52:34.061+0000) > > Dude, the game is full with bots right now. How can you say that a defense system is working against bots when the games are full with bots? Because the system can't preemptively detect a bot, and if one gets banned they make a new one.
: > [{quoted}](name=CloudedLogic,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NzpA8NzE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T19:33:26.374+0000) > > I believe he is only mute when he takes the toxin or whatever that lets him speak to his sister, so to my knowledge when he isn't on the rift/killing someone in a story, he is perfectly able to speak. > > Honestly I think the mute but speaks to other people telepathically thing is a bit whatever. I would have much preferred Aphelios be actually mute, but you hear his inner monologue as he derides people in his head (not talking to you, specifically to himself). I wouldn't really be all that different but it would make me laugh as he can't openly insult them for being foolhardy. > > EDIT: Now that I think about it, now I will have to actually find a story about him to hear what he actually thinks/get an idea for his personality. I read the story about Aphelios when it came out but correct me if im wrong because i may have misread If we're talking lore wise, Aphelios became permanently mute from the first time he drank the poison, he doesnt drink it multiple times whenever he wants to fight, he drank it once and now has the power If we're talking in game wise, he drinks it whenever he respawns since he "died". its weird cause im assuming they make him drink it everytime he respawns to give off the impression that he just now got the power, but over and over. Lore wise makes no sense but it also doesnt matter i guess In the end riot would probably find a way so it really doesnt matter or just not include him at all
Haven't sat down to read the story yet, and the only place I remember the poison being mentioned was the video they released explaining about him a bit. So I have no real clue, and only stated what I believed to be true lol. From what I recall though it is the poison that gives him connection so he drinks it before each mission. You could be right though, might just be misrembering.
Bazerka (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CloudedLogic,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H2zEge1J,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-12T20:11:02.213+0000) > > You are like a Genie except I only get one question >.> > > Hmm. Opinion on chocolate milk? I dont actually like chocolate all that much, and I'm lactose intolerant. So kinda no's across the board XD
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H2zEge1J,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-12-12T20:17:33.312+0000) > > I dont actually like chocolate all that much, and I'm lactose intolerant. So kinda no's across the board XD T.T Not going to say I am disappointed or anything. But I will think it very loudly :P Sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it though as it is about all I drink other than water anymore.
: Who looks more cute? Genderbent Vi or genderbent Sett?
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H2zEge1J,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T20:06:16.510+0000) > > Who looks more cute? Genderbent Vi or genderbent Sett? That is actually pretty hard, even without the genderbending part.
Bazerka (NA)
: Oh hey, didn't see you there. This? Oh its nothing, just a little thing called: LUNCH TIME WITH BAZ
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=H2zEge1J,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-12T19:55:56.411+0000) > > Hey y'all, > been a while, but I'm about to grab lunch so lets do this again. Same rules as always (AMA, I'll answer what I can, I may not answer everything but I'll try, dont be mean :P) You are like a Genie except I only get one question >.> Hmm. Opinion on chocolate milk?
Terozu (NA)
: He's saving his voice for the concert, his sister speaks for him in public Steven Hawking style. Keep in mind, he's mute by choice, not by nature.
I believe he is only mute when he takes the toxin or whatever that lets him speak to his sister, so to my knowledge when he isn't on the rift/killing someone in a story, he is perfectly able to speak. Honestly I think the mute but speaks to other people telepathically thing is a bit whatever. I would have much preferred Aphelios be actually mute, but you hear his inner monologue as he derides people in his head (not talking to you, specifically to himself). I wouldn't really be all that different but it would make me laugh as he can't openly insult them for being foolhardy. EDIT: Now that I think about it, now I will have to actually find a story about him to hear what he actually thinks/get an idea for his personality.
: Great post, said a lot of what I was going to say. I have a few things to add: 1. I believe his "furred collar" is actually feathers attached to his body. Along with some color choices and ears, he looks similar to Xayah. This is pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sett's mother was from the Lhotlan tribe, which we know are a more humanoid variety of Vastaya, along with Sett being only half-Vastayan. 2. For his outfit, I think it suits him just fine. Sett isn't just a pit fighter, he's the BOSS of the pit now. He's got these fancy looking pants because he's rich, and hated being poor. He likes to show it off. I'm guessing his pants are probably made of Ionian silk, evidenced by his line: "Things I love...My Momma, breakin' necks, and fine Ionian silk." And he's a showy pit fighter, of course he isn't going to be wearing a proper shirt. Do WWE wrestlers wear shirts in the ring? Typically no.
Just going to throw all my random thoughts into this, but specifically wanted to reply I thought he looked like a half fox (especially with the fox emblems). That being said, he looks like a drug lord who just so happens to also fight. Which I actually really like. The 'prettyboi bad' statement is kind of pointless to me, there are "good looking people" and "bad looking people." The vastaya generally are good looking like they have some kind of glamour to them from what I understand. Regardless, releasing a hideous champion because you typically release pertty lookin' ones is just pointless pandering. If they are going to be ugly (like most void champs, and such) I would rather there be a reason for it. Now they could have made him more gruff like new Urgot or Darius but literally not a concern to me. As for being "muscly" He looks rather "normal" to me. Sure he has a bulky body but he doesn't look like he eats steroids with every meal either.
: you shouldnt give those op things away like that, it could have stayed a secret :)
: so basically it sees the assassin buff as superior this is good to know
I believe you mean dominant lol. Also I put Cleaver on Vayne and like the assassin buff, she doesn't jump if someone starts in range (and also it applies her silver stacks, it actually applies faster to the berserker buff because the aoe hit applies before the auto animation concludes).
: Why does Disarm root its targets? They're not allowed to auto, fine, but fucking walk though jesus
I mean, I have had people just not cast their spells even when in melee range while they were disarmed (and specifically not silenced). So they need to do some work on that anyway.
: By the way, to help out with identification of them.... they are generally starting boots and a health potion. Finishing boots often first. They use the preset rune pages, which is normal for anyone under level 10, but a little less normal for those over level 10 (especially over level 20). They will often say nothing at all, and then proceed to walk and wander between lanes. Usually whoever is fed on the team will get the bot visit first.
I had the best botter once. He was playing Tristana, and as soon as he got into game he just said "Top." and walked straight top and into their tower to die. As soon as he respawned "Top." Put that on repeat for the like 25 minutes I was in that game XD
: > [{quoted}](name=CloudedLogic,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=zEiUreA7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-01T17:23:44.104+0000) > As for shared ranks for people being eliminated in the same round, I think that goes against their climb philosophy of half climbing, and half falling. Thanks for the advice. I will try that, though if the game was designed better it really wouldn't be necessary. I don't think that their climb philosophy of half rising and half falling makes sense in this game format in some cases. In particular, when multiple people are eliminated in a single round. Then the placing is largely RNG related. If you randomly fought the strongest player you will get eliminated more quickly than the other people elinated in the same round. Does that mean that you should get 5th and lose LP while the person eliminated a few seconds later gets 4th and gains LP? I don't think that make sense. I was trying to find a feedback form for the game but this forum is the only place I could find for feedback. Unless this is a bug report, but I don't think that is the right place for this kind of suggestion.
Not sure where you turn in feedback honestly. As for the randomness of getting eliminated, yeah it sucks, but I think their idea was that RNG evens out eventually "kind of." I don't particularly agree with it, but I don't think it is terrible as long as I am not facing the same person 3-5 times in a row. While there are technically things that you "could" have done to rank higher that game, I think the game has a few too many problems atm to start with the way tied losses are broken. Then again I don't feel this is a game that can be "balanced" in its entirety though.
Porglit (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CloudedLogic,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=tJAAqgUV,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-11-30T14:55:45.216+0000) > > Looked it up by the way but Dodge chance is multiplicative. So if you have 80% dodge chance from 4 sources you actually have like 35% dodge chance, and cloud (3) would give a total of like 2% over cloud (2) I think. Where did you look it up?
Reddit site linked to a message from Riot Mort stating it is multiplicative.
Pyrosan (NA)
: o man that's hilarious i'm gonna try do it
Had someone go GA zed in a six summoner build yesterday and the 300 HP makers were literally like pixels apart, I could not tell how much hp they had, but I certainly felt like they were taking no damage (even from freaking morello burn).
: TFT Suggestion - Ranked LP Loss
Unless they changed it, you are placed as you are eliminated (so if two people have been eliminated and you are out you come in 6th), doesn't matter if someone is eliminated immediately afterward or not. Last season people would run into the corner furthest away from the enemy little legend if they were about to be eliminated, and one or more other people are also on the ropes of being knocked out of the game because the damage animation takes time to catch up to you based on where you are (so they in essence bought themselves maybe an extra second but it is still a dumb thing to have in the game I guess). As for shared ranks for people being eliminated in the same round, I think that goes against their climb philosophy of half climbing, and half falling.
Porglit (NA)
: Let's talk about Cloud (3)
Looked it up by the way but Dodge chance is multiplicative. So if you have 80% dodge chance from 4 sources you actually have like 35% dodge chance, and cloud (3) would give a total of like 2% over cloud (2) I think.
: I'd like the idea of her getting Lightning element on Cloud maps instead. But I'm also a sadist.
Would actually be funny if she got both on a cloud map. Though that wouldn't really fix the +5% op has with Cloud (3).
Pyrosan (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=FrancoTheHating,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=eM930PE5,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-28T17:39:19.242+0000) > > this is nutz that i have to build 6 mages to counter 1 unit. > do we have more champs like that? > no, so i guess he is fundamentally problematic. i didn't say you had to build 6 mages to counter olaf, i said 6 mages in the context that it's a composition which counters glacial berseker lol
Most of the time I see olaf he has 3 poison mixed in.
Pika Fox (NA)
: Person with better late game comp finally hits late game and wins? Who woulda guessed.
It always makes me laugh when I see someone say something like "The fight I had lost was before krugs, and I had 97 HP. But they get this one thing and I just lose?" Like really, he was losing while trying to build his comp, do you think if you make it to raptors with at least 90 hp you should just auto win or something? At least this guy wasn't building predators...
: What constitutes the "weakest enemy"?
I believe Warwick checks for lowest current health total, either that or lowest percent health. Regardless he doesn't care about shields when he targets.
Drezden (NA)
: I just got this resolved. It seems it was my PBE account getting in the way. Copy that link to the name change, Open a "Incognito window" to clear any presignin information you may have saved, and post the URL (https://update-account.riotgames.com/) Change the drop down "NA" to "Public Beta" and change your name on there instead to like...your name PBE or something. That worked for me and let me back into my account!
> [{quoted}](name=Drezden,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=P6PzXAwc,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-26T21:58:58.664+0000) > > I just got this resolved. It seems it was my PBE account getting in the way. > Copy that link to the name change, > Open a "Incognito window" to clear any presignin information you may have saved, and post the URL (https://update-account.riotgames.com/) > Change the drop down "NA" to "Public Beta" and change your name on there instead to like...your name PBE or something. > That worked for me and let me back into my account! An actual hero XD
appleshu (NA)
: Why Can't I keep my old username?
No kidding, really don't want to have to add a number to my name either...
Mishli (NA)
: I do have a suggestion, if he doesn't have a proper E ability, maybe holding E could show you the current order of all your weapons, just so players that have trouble memorizing the order can plan out what's coming next?
I mean they can literally use the Rengar trophy tab/Kindred bounty tab to show the weapon order if they really wanted to.
Ztoka (NA)
: I lost hard because I was assassin and the person who noticed it built 3 PD (or got off dragon/carousel). Should have stomped but miss miss miss miss miss miss.. Feels good to have one item counter your comp and no way to build something like wild to counter the item that totally shuts you down. Considered bailing on assassin but it was late in the game and I probably wouldn't have gotten enough decent units to do anything. Oh well, not complaining about 2nd but feels bad when one item shuts you down completely.
Was playing a game like two days ago I think, where I was going to go three assassin (which with PD in the game is a lot better than going all in IMO). Like immediately two or three people built PD first item, so I never bought the third assassin (Only kept Qiyana for cloud) and went full desert instead. Worked pretty well I feel, since it went for better DPS over potential burst. The problem with assassins is that PD is needed to stop 6+ assassins from just one shotting your team instantly. I said it last set but they should drop repeating crossbow for last whisper and just have it be a "your attacks cannot miss." item. This way you have one unit who can guarantee hit rather than an entire team with Wild.
: What if I buy Ashe for example and sell her immediately, will this same Ashe reappear in the shop? If there are say 10 Lux's available, would buying all of them and selling make it impossible for anyone to get her? Starving the market may be a viable strategy this way. What is the benefit of buying champ of the same tier If you don't need them?
When you sell they go back to the shared pool. So if you buy an Ashe and sell it there are still the same number of Ashes as there were before you buy her. What he is getting at is that when you draw a card it has an X% chance of being a 4 cost unit. Then it picks what champion it is based on the total cards left, so for each Ashe you own the chances of getting a non-Ashe champion goes up. So you can buy a Brand, twitch, yorick, etc to reduce their chances of showing up (conversely increasing your chances of seeing an Ashe on your next reroll). Basically you have a big pool. Anything you remove is out until you put it back. So you can use this to your advantage, though I rarely take the time to do this because my ping is bad, and I don't want to do the mental math for how much I need to hold on to (or in other words how many times I can roll before and after selling unwanted units) for what small benefit this brings. Something to keep in mind if you do choose to do this, is that you should never buy three of a unit you want as when you sell back a two star champion (other than one cost units) you do not get a full refund for the gold.
: > [{quoted}](name=SaltyPotatoJhin,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=cIHI8dEE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-24T18:02:59.170+0000) > > Quote me if I'm wrong then why is it when I see a zed, only up to star 2 but nothing else after that, not to mention the tier ones you can only get 20 of them at best so how are they official numbers, give me a link so I can believe you ^^ Because if you want a 3-star Zed you'd have to buy NINE of the available TEN Zed's, which is basically impossible unless you're super lucky with RNG and no one else is buying any. As for the official notes, I'm off by a bit -- I forgot it was further reduced [on the 10/22 patch.](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/teamfight-tactics-patch-922-notes) * Tier 1: 39 ⇒ 29 * Tier 2: 26 ⇒ 22 * Tier 3: 18 ⇒ 16 * Tier 4: 13 ⇒ 12 * Tier 5: 10
Keep in mind that as you level the percentage chance of each champ offered in the shop being a certain cost changes. For the first two levels you will only ever see 1 cost units in the shop, but every time you gain a level the chances of a 1 cost unit showing up gets smaller and smaller. If you are specifically wanting to get a three star 1 cost unit, you need to roll before level 6 as by then the chances of a one cost showing up is just 25% per card, while the chance of a 2 cost showing up is 35%.
Porglit (NA)
: Bronze Veig 1-shotting gold Tibbers??
That is weird because a couple days ago I specifically noticed that a veigar wasn't one shotting malz voidlings when they didn't have any indicators (I think it is the same for minions too)
: Yes, this would get more draws and I think it should be that way. It would not extend the fights by more than a few seconds and it would not make the whole match longer either since if I am not mistaken TFT treats draw as lose for both sides. From my perspective, it doesn't feel well when a player wins just because the game decided that it doesn't need to wait for the spells to do their thing. And it is not a rare occasion when this happens. I see about 2 spells not killing its target per match and that is only on my board. How many times does it happen over the match across all players? All that is damage that prevents a player from another round to find the pieces he needed to turn the match around. And it's not about Brand. It is about delayed damage in general. Even if you did not allow the Brand ult jump after his team has died the difference would still be big.
I feel the opposite. Not to mention this is almost exclusively about Brand as the only other champs who have long cast times for their ability are the champs who buff themselves (mundo, and nasus), soraka (who does damage instantly as opposed to over the duration), and singed. Everyone else's ability takes as long as an auto attack, or maybe a little longer to complete (in the case of Nami and Naut/LB), at that point you are saying any close match should have been a draw, as when the last person dies both spells and auto animations no longer do damage. Additionally a loss on both sides, I believe, results in damage using only the players' damage ratings based on the current stage (capped at like 7 last I checked). Though that isn't really the point, I just don't feel this would be either a necessary change, nor a beneficial one. Its also one that Riot is unlikely to go for as reducing draws in set 1 was the entire premise of adding URF mode to the game iirc.
: TFT fights should wait for spells to finish
That would at best increase draws, summoners other than azir have a unique trait where if their summon (one or more) survive the fight they still do damage. Brand ult does not do that, so if everyone dies and brand ult kills all the enemies, you draw, other wise you lose (which BTW its hard to guarantee a kill on the last unit since you need 2 units to bounce and keep doing damage). Honestly I don't care either way about that. If I am able to take care of the summons I probably won, if not they did. It only seems to come up for me in the earliest stages of the game (pre wolves draft). After that point the fights tend to get quite a bit shorter in general.
: In my experience, when there are two people left, the person who grabs FoN (assuming neither person has one already) wins the game hands down regardless of who was winning beforehand. And almost always they sell a stacked unit they are trying to 3star put in a Yi, Zed, Singed, or a Lux and give them the items. That late into the game, an advantage is 5x as effective. Simply moving one unit can be the difference between winning the round or losing it horribly. So an extra unit is pretty much game over.
Nothing stops them from doing that without fon, so it still basically just amounts to a potential synergy at that point.
: Evasion tank+some kind of 1shot machine in your back line. Kindred would be the easiest
I'm not sure but considering I had a volibear with 90% bonus evasion (30 from cloud, 60% from glove based items) and he was still permanent stunned, I can't help but feel the berserk proc ignores evade.
: Honestly they had to gut Gunslingers over having a similar ability making them entirely dependent on using on-hits. If they're going to keep this I can't see the Berserker synergy going on without needing a nerf at some point. The sad part is its mostly Olaf and Mundo's fault lol. Not like you see units like Renekton or Jax breaking the game. AoE Glacial/Poison is obviously nuts and I actually didn't realize that the splash could apply it until recently. It'd honestly be much better to remove the on-hits than punish all Berserker units over the two broken ones.
Pretty sure the poison applies from any damage? So removing on hit will not affect mundo at all.
: Did they remove that? I haven't really kept up with the match notes since it is more sporadic.
The only one I recall specifically stating it grants it in game is the cleaver.
: Force of Nature should be removed from the final carousels
I think you are completely overstating the value of FoN. You are making it sound like; If I didn't get that FoN I would not be allowed to field my high cost unit or my item stacked gold unit, but what is really is, is that FoN purely translates to being allowed to field your weakest unit. Which only amounts to getting synergy bonuses (if any), and 600, or perhaps even 1100 more hp with like 50-90 AD in most cases. Its not, "wow, now I can run 2 zeds/yis." Because if I have a second zed or yi, I want to get them to silver not field two bronze copies (one of which will have no items). Another way to think of it is, if I did not have a FoN who am I taking off this team, because that is all you got for grabbing FoN. So yes, FoN is decent non-situationally. You can get a 2 point synergy or possibly finish a 3 point one without sacrificing a 6 light/4 shadow but you weren't going to give up that 6 light/4 shadow for 15% dodge chance or the swordmaster bonus, and chances are if you have the units worth running to get those bonuses, they were already a part of your comp anyway. but many of the other items are situationally better (in some cases better isn't a strong enough word to describe it), and chances are good that you have at least one of those situations in your hand to exploit. All in all, very rarely have I seen someone grab Force of Nature from the carousal and actually turn the game around to a 1st or 2nd place if they weren't already doing well. Usually its snatched up by one of the people doing the worst who go on to get eliminated in the next few rounds. But that is just my opinion on things. Really in my experience FoN does most of its damage when someone manages to get one before wolves, where there are less synergies on the board, and having an extra bronze or silver unit without leveling up makes a much larger impact (doubly so if they get a bonus like shadow or glacial out it I guess).
Smyrage (EUNE)
: I don't think that it's a big problem and it depends on the build again. In the previous set rerolling early game was a waste of money, because everyone rushed for Tier 4s and 5s. In the current set you should actually think about what to build, when to level and when to reroll. Basically if e.g there is no competition for Vladimir and Taliyah and you want mage build, you should be rerolling more early game. If your build involves champions, which e.g Mystic, then you should go for levels.
I feel going for tier 4s (though not necessarily rushing them) should be the thing to do. They require an investment to reach, thus they should have some kind of pay off, but as the game is, getting gold champions is only outweighed by the most egregious of higher cost champions (Olaf with his ignore cc ult and stupid synergies, zed with is mass cloning, etc), and the only trade off you are making is delaying your level up to try and maximize your chances of seeing multiple copies. A good example would probably be comparing Gold Syndra to Silver Brand. A gold Syndra according to the https://tftactics.gg/ has roughly 40% more hp, and dps than a silver brand if my math is right.
Porglit (NA)
: The number of times I have been screwed over and also screwed someone else over because we were both going for the same strat is way too high, so I agree with the OP. I have 4 Shadow, fighting someone with 4 Shadow, and neither one of us can get a single gold because we're rolling for the same champs. It's too late for either of us to switch strats, so we got 6th-7th. Compare that with other games where I run the same strat alone, and I get 1st?? That disparity shows how crippling it is to have even just one other person share your comp. What makes it worse is that the different elements give extra incentive for people to build that type, mostly due to Qiana. If it's fire, 3-4 people run 6 Inferno and 1 assassin, and they all die with silvers and bronzes. Mountain pops up, and everyone runs Tal + Qiana for the early bonus, and no one can upgrade their units. If only 1 person is left to this strat, they dominate strongly and place in the top 2. The main problem I see is the vast improvement from bronze to silver to gold. If you don't invest in your build, you will surely die, but if you DO invest in your build, you can no longer adapt to what other people are building, and leave yourself open to counters.
That is one thing, but given the hurdle of collecting 9 of a single champ it should be something decent. So if they reduce the stats (which I think are nearly doubling your hp and AD each time, and whatever scaling your special gets I guess) when you rank up it probably wouldn't be by too much. I think They need to add a few more champs to the game to reduce the consistency slightly, and at least revert the card changes. As it is, the game feels like it rewards hitting five quickly and then slowing down to reroll for gold 1 and 2 cost units or going to the opposite extreme and trying to get one of the nuisance 4 or higher cost units (Olaf, zed/yorick, signed, and maybe lux).
Rioter Comments
JackMcCarry (EUNE)
: Im not questioning their strength, just how they feel, which is very subjective i know. Even "weak" passives like pirates, i at least got that "dopamine" rush when i got a chest after every round, it felt good. Dragons got that visual shield around them and a very strong magic resistance % so spells didnt feel like they even hit them. Guardians are very much like this set's warden, both are barely felt, oh a little extra armor, idk, i just dont feel like it even took effect. I've still have fun playing TFT, predetors and berserkers are extreamly fun to build AND feel good when you complete their set.
I had a 400-odd armor braum with thorn mail, and warmogs. He was shredded to bits in an instant, and it didn't even look like the armor did anything (felt like thorn mail did like 50 damage at most from what I could discern). And this wasn't against like dessert, it was literally every team I matched against steam rolling the wardens.
Thilmer (EUW)
: Hextech were introduced for a reason
Its funny because when they were in the game, there were tons of threads complaining about hextech being in the game. The thing is since hextech was so easy to play around it was just a die roll to see if you get a bonus at the start of the round.
HiemDall (NA)
: Restart the client, if that doesn't work do a full repair from the settings tab
Restarting got it to work this morning.
Rioter Comments
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=CloudedLogic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T14:42:15.904+0000) > > That's really not a good counter argument... You don't need to make a new account on a different server like every other month, you would only need to do it once, and eventually you will reach your natural level of play. Find where I said that I'm making "a new account on a different server like every other month". Thats right, I didnt. > Smurfing wouldn't stop at a single account, once that one eventually reaches their natural mmr they will probably just discard it and make a new one the next time they actually want to smurf. There is also a difference between someone in high silver making a new account, and someone in High diamond making a smurf account. Someone in silver isn't going to be in a state where they have an advantage for too long as it is, but someone in diamond's game skill/knowledge far outstrips quite a bit of the other players they will be match against before their mmr balances out. But high dia smurf wont stay for long in low elo, unless hes tanking his MMR, which is bannable if I'm correct.
> [{quoted}](name=iMidg3t,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T16:37:14.733+0000) > > Find where I said that I'm making "a new account on a different server like every other month". Thats right, I didnt. > > But high dia smurf wont stay for long in low elo, unless hes tanking his MMR, which is bannable if I'm correct. Did you even read what I said? Because it feels like you just skimmed it and then angrily responded. I am saying your statement is not a good argument to allow smurfing, as in YOUR specific case is completely irrelevant to what smurfing is. That is to make an account when you get bored of playing in what is considered your proper mmr, and playing with people far below your skill level (usually taking a dominate position in every game). Which is why I specifically said *smurfing* would not stop at a single account. Not "making an alt to play with your friends won't stop at a single account."
iMidg3t (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Light of Madness,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2J1vUbXp,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-10-10T10:57:02.197+0000) > > Sorry to say but it is toxic when you go to a game and know people are lower elo than u and just stomp. You basically made 20-30 minutes of bad game experience for 5 people just because u wanted to smurf. So it is toxic or at least selfish. When you play there are another 9 players who wants to have a nice experience, losing or winning and when a game is not fair like that you made a bad experience happen, you were toxic. So because smurfing is toxic I shouldnt be allowed to play with my friends (on norms) because I choose to play on different server than them? Nice :) Preventing some1 to have fun with their friends because youre salty that one smurf whooped your ass is kinda selfish, just sayin. Not to mention you calling me toxic, selfish, basically assuming im just smurfing for the sole reason of beating new players is also toxic. Especially when you add the fact that im silver 1 on this acc, so even if I wanted to smurf on eune ranked ladder it would make no difference since I would play in mid/high silver-low gold elo anyway. So instead of crying about smurfs, work on yourself a lil bit ;) And since when its toxic and/or selfish for wanting to play with your friends? Thats some twisted-ass logic my friend.
That's really not a good counter argument... You don't need to make a new account on a different server like every other month, you would only need to do it once, and eventually you will reach your natural level of play. Smurfing wouldn't stop at a single account, once that one eventually reaches their natural mmr they will probably just discard it and make a new one the next time they actually want to smurf. There is also a difference between someone in high silver making a new account, and someone in High diamond making a smurf account. Someone in silver isn't going to be in a state where they have an advantage for too long as it is, but someone in diamond's game skill/knowledge far outstrips quite a bit of the other players they will be match against before their mmr balances out. Not that I really care about smurfing to be honest, seemed pretty rare when I used to play regularly (though it has been a while). Who knows, might be worse now though.
Show more

CloudedLogic

Level 192 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion