: 5 out of my 6 friends (including me) got emotes in the masterwork chest lul
\>"i'm not one to complain about free stuff" \>**proceeds to complain about free stuff** {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
: Looks exactly how i'd expect an employee at riot to look like.
> [{quoted}](name=SexySoapTurtle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=aLAE88q4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-20T19:03:55.170+0000) > > Looks exactly how i'd expect an employee at riot to look like. They don't work for Riot they do it for free.
Ulanopo (NA)
: 10 YEARS IN THE MAKING: My Trip to Riot
: > [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-10-19T01:42:37.205+0000) > > If you were someone that had access to the closed beta/alphas for League, but the number of those that are still active is probably infinitesimal. How does that count? Isn't the game not officially released?
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=000900010000,timestamp=2019-10-19T01:56:37.806+0000) > > How does that count? Isn't the game not officially released? Doesn't matter. The account is over 10 years old.
: It's literally impossible to have an account that's 10 years or older you idiot.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-18T23:27:49.089+0000) > > It's literally impossible to have an account that's 10 years or older you idiot. Wrong.
Rioter Comments
: > Us veterans deserve more than the newbies imo. For what reason? Also, its not like its your anniversary or something. Riot are the ones doing it and they can have whatever rules they want. If you host your own event, you are free to reward people by whatever rule you want.
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-18T14:50:12.673+0000) > > For what reason? WE've been with the game longer. > [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-10-18T14:50:48.887+0000) > > Still unfair. But it's not. > [{quoted}](name=Arcade Lulu,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-10-18T15:19:02.832+0000) > > So... in your opinion you should get more free stuff than some other people just because you happened to start playing this game earlier than them? Yes. > [{quoted}](name=World peace plz,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=000200000002,timestamp=2019-10-18T15:21:00.014+0000) > > Says who hu. Who says veterans should derserve more than newbies + how do you mean newbies some people play this for idk 7 years do you call that a newbie to ? Me and Riot as they've rewarded us before. I have UFO Corki for example. Is it "fair" that I'm allowed to have these skins that no one else can? It is fair for others not being able to buy skins kept in the vault because they joined the game later? Absolutely and Riot agrees. > [{quoted}](name=Luxie Crownguard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=000200000003,timestamp=2019-10-18T15:29:25.508+0000) > > judgement kayle, silver kayle, along with so many other things riot has given you for wasting 10 years on this game. True. Riot has sent a precedent for rewarding us veterans. They should continue it.
Sukishoo (NA)
: I only started in 2012, so thatd be completely unfair.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-18T13:41:07.239+0000) > > I only started in 2012, so thatd be completely unfair. No it's not. You'd be getting 7 free packages for your service.
DalekZec (EUNE)
: "10 years or older" "Older"..... "OLDER" The game is literally 10 years now. What? We have players who are time travellers or some shit? {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-10-18T14:39:21.223+0000) > > "10 years or older" > "Older"..... > "OLDER" > > The game is literally 10 years now. > What? We have players who are time travellers or some shit? > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Beta testers.
: Is this supposed to be a joke? 10 years anniversary means that the game launched 10 years ago. To have an account that is 10 years old you had to make it at that exact day, and there is no way to have an older than 10 years account. Also, "being with the game" is not really a contribution. If we start looking at contributions, we have streamers, content makers and pro players(that attract people to the game), we have people that invite others, we have people that donate money, and even just playing the game by itself is also a contribution. All these things are worth more than just owning an old account
> [{quoted}](name=Posui Gart,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K5IewieZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-18T13:50:33.052+0000) > > Is this supposed to be a joke? > 10 years anniversary means that the game launched 10 years ago. To have an account that is 10 years old you had to make it at that exact day, and there is no way to have an older than 10 years account. > Also, "being with the game" is not really a contribution. If we start looking at contributions, we have streamers, content makers and pro players(that attract people to the game), we have people that invite others, we have people that donate money, and even just playing the game by itself is also a contribution. All these things are worth more than just owning an old account If everybody got 1 package for the 10th anniversary sure, but that's different than 10 separate packages for 10 years. Us veterans deserve more than the newbies imo.
Nubrac (NA)
: Tyler1 Vs. Nubrac
Rioter Comments
: Uberdanger has a very good point
>greedy >RIot constantly giving you free stuff {{sticker:sg-lux-2}}
Rioter Comments
: Bring back public group chats in client.
: One reason that I can think of is: They wanted to distinguish actual lobbies from people pretending to be in lobbies by abusing status. Either way, it is a bad change. The quotes feel weird, and "pretending to be in a lobby" never hurt anyone.
> [{quoted}](name=Dracocrash,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=d79o2Eb6,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-15T16:23:11.987+0000) > > One reason that I can think of is: They wanted to distinguish actual lobbies from people pretending to be in lobbies by abusing status. This was never an issue for anyone.
: What do you guys think about IQ test
They're amazing, more important than degrees, and, most important of all, display reliable trends that aren't made untrue by outliers.
Thilmer (EUW)
: Ridiculous racial controversy gets former cosplay champion banned.
I'm offended. Therefor it's offensive. Therefor the punishment is justified.
Rioter Comments
: I think Twitch had a stroke.
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=000200000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-05T05:27:35.892+0000) > > May I see these articles? http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.426.120&rep=rep1&type=pdf http://www.wipsociology.org/2018/10/22/mens-entry-and-exit-from-female-dominated-occupations/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/careers/article-why-is-there-so-little-talk-of-attracting-men-to-female-dominated-jobs/
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=0002000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-10-05T05:54:23.187+0000) > > http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.426.120&rep=rep1&type=pdf > > http://www.wipsociology.org/2018/10/22/mens-entry-and-exit-from-female-dominated-occupations/ > > https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/careers/article-why-is-there-so-little-talk-of-attracting-men-to-female-dominated-jobs/ The first link is not working and by articles I mean articles that are similar to the one where women come out about their experience at work that you feel are pushed more than equivalent articles concerning males. While I am certain that does exist, the first 2 links seem to me more scholarly works which is well appreciated. However, it is of no surprise a big website like Kotaku gets more views, and thus more promotion, than those first 2 websites I've never heard of.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-04T05:47:40.101+0000) > > Men should speak up as well. They do, they don't get taken seriously, or laughed at or the few articles made about said subject aren't pushed even SLIGHTLY as much as these pieces. It's why society at large still sees men being raped as a joke and why they are still expected to never show a single twinge of emotion or be bullied for it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-04T06:27:00.460+0000) > > They do, they don't get taken seriously, or laughed at or the few articles made about said subject aren't pushed even SLIGHTLY as much as these pieces. May I see these articles?
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-10-04T01:22:55.232+0000) > > Women eventually grow tired and exhausted from the constant barrage of sexism they have to deal with on a daily basis. Getting it from your job probably doesn't help that fact. I mean, men have to deal with that in the female dominated industries too, don't see anyone writing articles about that.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-10-04T01:27:56.654+0000) > > I mean, men have to deal with that in the female dominated industries too, don't see anyone writing articles about that. Men should speak up as well.
: "The flavor of sexism at this studio was more of the “your Boomer uncle” variety than the gross, insidious kind I encountered at Riot. I was once asked by a co-worker if I didn’t want children because of the “physical transformation” I would go through. An executive complimented my glittery slip-on sneakers one day, and after telling him I wore them to my wedding, he retorted, Your husband let you do that? I laughed and said my husband loved me for it. That was the worst it got for me. I could take it in the moment, but it was still exhausting. I hadn’t escaped, and I didn’t think I could as long as I made the choice — over and over — to place myself in this world." This may be petty, but I think this bit right here made me a bit skeptical of the overall claims. After years of working at Riot and having these bad experiences with higher ups, being asked innocuous questions from men with a limited understanding of women is now suddenly sexist and exhausting? And this is being used to condemn the entire game industry and how it treats women? I'm glad they found a niche they liked but getting weird, innocuous comments shouldn't end up being the last straw. Maybe the undermining, constantly shifting position, and sexual harassment should've sparked something rather than throwing the entire industry under the bus in an environment that did you no harm. But as is, going out of your way to paint men as sexist when "the worst" you got were simple questions that were resolved in a moment with no further need for action just poisons the well here. If asking about your preference of having children as a random question is sexist, then how do we know that the other claims aren't similarly exaggerated?
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-04T01:02:04.814+0000) > > "The flavor of sexism at this studio was more of the “your Boomer uncle” variety than the gross, insidious kind I encountered at Riot. I was once asked by a co-worker if I didn’t want children because of the “physical transformation” I would go through. An executive complimented my glittery slip-on sneakers one day, and after telling him I wore them to my wedding, he retorted, Your husband let you do that? I laughed and said my husband loved me for it. That was the worst it got for me. I could take it in the moment, but it was still exhausting. I hadn’t escaped, and I didn’t think I could as long as I made the choice — over and over — to place myself in this world." > > This may be petty, but I think this bit right here made me a bit skeptical of the overall claims. After years of working at Riot and having these bad experiences with higher ups, being asked innocuous questions from men with a limited understanding of women is now suddenly sexist and exhausting? And this is being used to condemn the entire game industry and how it treats women? > > I'm glad they found a niche they liked but getting weird, innocuous comments shouldn't end up being the last straw. Maybe the undermining, constantly shifting position, and sexual harassment should've sparked something rather than throwing the entire industry under the bus in an environment that did you no harm. But as is, going out of your way to paint men as sexist when "the worst" you got were simple questions that were resolved in a moment with no further need for action just poisons the well here. If asking about your preference of having children as a random question is sexist, then how do we know that the other claims aren't similarly exaggerated? Women eventually grow tired and exhausted from the constant barrage of sexism they have to deal with on a daily basis. Getting it from your job probably doesn't help that fact.
Jamaree (NA)
: Kind of with Duff on this one, need some hard proof.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vi24EkZa,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-04T00:39:25.402+0000) > > Kind of with Duff on this one, need some hard proof. Would you consider proof to be audio/visual recording of these events or multiple anonymous sources confirming the story? One isn't really legal and the other people won't believe anyways.
Rioter Comments
: You know what? League just isn’t fun anymore.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=AllenPCarlson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BLRlzHzP,comment-id=00000001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-21T15:29:18.629+0000) > > What does that even mean? Do you mean they're bad because they sell exclusive games they didn't develop? MY GOD THE HORROR! THAT MEANS I MIGHT HAVE TO SPEND 5 MINUTES DOWNLOADING A CLIENT AND CREATING AN ACCOUNT! THIS IS SOMETHING TO GET REALLY-REALLY UPSET ABOUT! > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imANoNt6scw Games launching on the epic store have been pulled from steam releases due to their exclusivity bullshit. Steam has better features than epic. Thus we as consumers are harmed by the epic store mandating exclusivity. To me, this sort of behavior is abhorrent, so I choose to vote with my wallet and boycott epic. This includes not having their client installed or even downloading freebies from them (sadly can't say that about the account as I already have one). Epic uses this data in part to go sell their platform to developers looking to publish games, and getting developers to not use epic's platform to publish their games as long as epic has exclusivity agreements is my goal.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BLRlzHzP,comment-id=000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-22T01:51:48.777+0000) > > Games launching on the epic store have been pulled from steam releases due to their exclusivity bullshit. Steam has better features than epic. Thus we as consumers are harmed by the epic store mandating exclusivity. > > To me, this sort of behavior is abhorrent, so I choose to vote with my wallet and boycott epic. This includes not having their client installed or even downloading freebies from them (sadly can't say that about the account as I already have one). Epic uses this data in part to go sell their platform to developers looking to publish games, and getting developers to not use epic's platform to publish their games as long as epic has exclusivity agreements is my goal. You have to blame the developers more than Epic tbh.
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BLRlzHzP,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-09-21T06:10:33.996+0000) > > who cares free ganes It's as if the farmer opens 2 chicken coops, one of which is clearly shabby and rundown, and the other is not the greatest ever but it's not so bad. The rundown coop has a small dish of corn in it to entice the chickens into running to the shit coop. The outcome: You as a little chicken, just ran off to the shit coop because "well... there's free corn".
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BLRlzHzP,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-21T06:37:47.459+0000) > > It's as if the farmer opens 2 chicken coops, one of which is clearly shabby and rundown, and the other is not the greatest ever but it's not so bad. The rundown coop has a small dish of corn in it to entice the chickens into running to the shit coop. > > The outcome: You as a little chicken, just ran off to the shit coop because "well... there's free corn". LOL
: The problem is that it's on EGS.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BLRlzHzP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-21T05:10:10.698+0000) > > The problem is that it's on EGS. who cares free ganes
Rioter Comments
: For all the little stuff mods remove. They seem to give Nubrac a pass
There is nothing wrong with posting a link to your streams unless it's obsessive.
: Guys I WAS KIDDING when I made the trashy over-simplified logo
Rioter Comments
: XJ9
agreed
Jamaree (NA)
: Watch Ducktales 2017
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: i miss the general chat room ..
: And still not a single piece of evidence of wrongdoing has ever been provided
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BNaLAAcB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-08T00:20:12.632+0000) > > And still not a single piece of evidence of wrongdoing has ever been provided Do I have to say again how one senior employee would fart on people, "ball-tap" them, multiple people have said that this was true, the guy has not denied these events, and remains hired to this day?
Rioter Comments
Hanple (NA)
: Riot's greed is becoming apparent
Just don't buy it then LOL
: Respect is something you earn. Not something you have or you own.
Welll... you're wrong. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Nubrac (NA)
: Famous Nubrac Just Hit Diamond Only Playing Roaming Teemo Support
: No Riot, I will definitely not recommend the game to anyone at this point.
: Riot: Kha'Zix and Lee Sin deserve buffs in 9.15 and Shaco does not.
Shaco's winrate is higher than Lee's or Kha's.
: Ok GD I'm adopting this one on Monday.
What happened to your last cat?
: I would honestly rather,
Show more

Colonel J

Level 103 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion