: > [{quoted}](name=Corriandr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YEE8FH84,comment-id=000f0001000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-30T14:13:19.680+0000) > > FTC v. Colgate-Palmolive Co., 380 U.S. 374, 387 (1965) (“It has long been considered a deceptive practice to state falsely that a product ordinarily sells for an inflated price but that it is being offered at a special reduced price, even if the offered price represents the actual value of the product and the purchaser is receiving his money's worth.”) False discounts are false advertising. > > Given that when I google "Bethesda christmas store false discounts" I find multiple matches - and not just ones linking to reddit - and you once again have no idea what your talking about in regards to the court ruling - likely you only read the title of it and not the description or actual wording of the ruling - you are once again being a donkey. > > Sit down and get out of here before you make a further fool of yourself. You're not worth engaging in conversation at all, and i've got better things to do than listen to your braying. What like what you make no sense. The fallout thing you actually made up and lied about since NO LAWSUITS HAPPENED and you NOT LINKING ANYTHING is proof you are just lying. All that comes up are people like you not understand how laws work. The case you said again you have 0 clue what you're talking about you need to STOP TALKING ABOUT IT SINCE YOU KNOW DID NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT EVER. That thing you quoted means you can't list something as a deal if the original price listed was not the original price THAT IS ALL. Newsflash riot is not doing that. Also love that you also completely ignore my examples of places doing stuff like this normally really shows you have no argument. Like you would NEVER post anything about this if it was not popular you just want to look SMART by getting upvotes since you said something popular even if it's untrue. All you have done is lie and be disingenuous nothing else you give no proof or no real arguments. You lost.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YEE8FH84,comment-id=000f00010000000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-30T14:40:49.615+0000) > > What like what you make no sense. > The fallout thing you actually made up and lied about since NO LAWSUITS HAPPENED and you NOT LINKING ANYTHING is proof you are just lying. All that comes up are people like you not understand how laws work. > > The case you said again you have 0 clue what you're talking about you need to STOP TALKING ABOUT IT SINCE YOU KNOW DID NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT EVER. That thing you quoted means you can't list something as a deal if the original price listed was not the original price THAT IS ALL. Newsflash riot is not doing that. > > Also love that you also completely ignore my examples of places doing stuff like this normally really shows you have no argument. > > Like you would NEVER post anything about this if it was not popular you just want to look SMART by getting upvotes since you said something popular even if it's untrue. > > All you have done is lie and be disingenuous nothing else you give no proof or no real arguments. You lost. Go to the store. Click on the Pass. Don't just look at the thumbnail, click on it and open up its full page. It shows it as being marked down to 1650, when it has never been sold at any other price. So, yes, it is a false discount. Here. The [first](https://www.dualshockers.com/fallout-76-bethesda-business-practice-christmas-sale-atom-shop-players-criticism/) result of a 5 second google search. And, what, you mean "HOW DO YOU BUY FOOD" as your example? There's nothing there worth commenting on. To throw your own words back at you, what proof? Sit down, kid. You've poorly attempted bad faith arguments, repeatedly demonstrated your lack of basic reading comprehension, and made a huge donkey out of yourself. As I've said, there's better things to do with my time than entertaining the poorly attempted trolling and asinine braying of a dullard. Enjoy your day. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Corriandr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YEE8FH84,comment-id=000f00010000,timestamp=2019-06-30T13:32:18.082+0000) > > Bruv, you have no clue what you are talking about. I am not talking about refunds at all, but rather what they attempted with their "christmas store" and the false sales there, where they released several new items, and falsely had them listed on sale, with the discounted price being their actual value as established by previously similar items and the marked out "retail" number being a false and inflated number to make it seem like people were getting a deal. > > No one fell for it, and the lawfirms came down on them and forced them to remove the obviously fake prices and the fake sales, because it DOES violate the competition act, as established in the FTC v Colgate court case in 1965. > > Do your own research before you make assumptions. Your own desire to attempt to try and prove people wrong and make yourself try and seem "Smrt" - and failing horribly, i might add - is only revealing you to be the absolute donkey you are. Why do people have to lie about shit and act like they have proof, that fallout 76 thing you said is just a flat out lie like why are you actually lying since NONE OF THAT WAS TRUE and didn't happen. Like show proof since I can't find ANYTHING to support your claims? Also you have no clue what FTC v Colgate is like actually o clue I actually think you're trolling that is how bad that is. THE CASE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING DISCOUNTS, it has about advertising and that was it, they put ads showing there products doing something they can't do. Like WHAT? one riot has 0 ads about the pass and two the pass does what it say it does soooo this has nothing do with anything here. So to summarize you bring up something that never happened or that I can't find, then you being up a case about ADVERTISING IN ADS that has nothing to do with anything. Like HOW DO YOU BUY FOOD since what they do is MUCH MUCH WORST. Like go to your local store and you will probably find items like soda saying if you buy a bunch of them you get them at this price and the price is basically the same as them added together.
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YEE8FH84,comment-id=000f000100000000,timestamp=2019-06-30T14:04:45.721+0000) > > Why do people have to lie about shit and act like they have proof, that fallout 76 thing you said is just a flat out lie like why are you actually lying since NONE OF THAT WAS TRUE and didn't happen. Like show proof since I can't find ANYTHING to support your claims? > > Also you have no clue what FTC v Colgate is like actually o clue I actually think you're trolling that is how bad that is. THE CASE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FUCKING DISCOUNTS, it has about advertising and that was it, they put ads showing there products doing something they can't do. Like WHAT? one riot has 0 ads about the pass and two the pass does what it say it does soooo this has nothing do with anything here. > > So to summarize you bring up something that never happened or that I can't find, then you being up a case about ADVERTISING IN ADS that has nothing to do with anything. > > Like HOW DO YOU BUY FOOD since what they do is MUCH MUCH WORST. Like go to your local store and you will probably find items like soda saying if you buy a bunch of them you get them at this price and the price is basically the same as them added together. FTC v. Colgate-Palmolive Co., 380 U.S. 374, 387 (1965) (“It has long been considered a deceptive practice to state falsely that a product ordinarily sells for an inflated price but that it is being offered at a special reduced price, even if the offered price represents the actual value of the product and the purchaser is receiving his money's worth.”) False discounts are false advertising. Given that when I google "Bethesda christmas store false discounts" I find multiple matches - and not just ones linking to reddit - and you once again have no idea what your talking about in regards to the court ruling - likely you only read the title of it and not the description or actual wording of the ruling - you are once again being a donkey. Sit down and get out of here before you make a further fool of yourself. You're not worth engaging in conversation at all, and i've got better things to do than listen to your braying.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=boricCentaur1,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YEE8FH84,comment-id=000f0001,timestamp=2019-06-30T05:21:18.246+0000) > > I hope you don't buy your food,clothes, or basically anything since riot is actually on the better end of the MARKETING BS. > > Also love that you have 0 and I mean 0 clue wtf you're talking about, like the lawsuit vs bethesda you actually look into it since I know you didn't you most likely just watch some bs youtuber since you are a follower. So basically it involves refunds and a lot of other things like the bags it has basically nothing to do with the store in game. O and here's how I know you didn't do anything on your own IT A FUCKING DIFFERENT COURT AND LAW so no it's not the same act like at ALL. Like he is a quote by the law firm doing it > "Gamers who have tried to receive a refund because of the game’s myriad glitches have been unable to do so since they downloaded the game, leaving them to deal with an unplayable experience until patches bring it back to a playable state." > > Sears and the rest for sued for something also completely different they got sued for saying the original price was something it has never been. > > Riot is not breaking any laws there fine law wise. Bruv, you have no clue what you are talking about. I am not talking about refunds at all, but rather what they attempted with their "christmas store" and the false sales there, where they released several new items, and falsely had them listed on sale, with the discounted price being their actual value as established by previously similar items and the marked out "retail" number being a false and inflated number to make it seem like people were getting a deal. No one fell for it, and the lawfirms came down on them and forced them to remove the obviously fake prices and the fake sales, because it DOES violate the competition act, as established in the FTC v Colgate court case in 1965. Sit down and do your own research before you make assumptions and make sure you actually know what the hell people are talking about. Your own desire to attempt to try and prove people wrong and make yourself try and seem "Smrt" - and failing horribly, i might add - is only revealing you to be the absolute donkey you are.
: Deceptive pricing in the store
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/learn-more-trials-event Previous passes were 1650. For that, you got: The pass 200 tokens 4 orbs. This pass you get: The pass 200 token 4 orbs. And yet, now riot is trying to advertise as if the 1650 price is it being marked down by 65%, when it's never been higher than 1650 in previous events or now. This thing which has no differences in content to justify a price change. Additionally, this is now a new item that has never had a marked price before, and so nothing to discount it from. Yes, that is illegal and a violation of the Competition Act. The same act that, when Bethesda attempted this last Christmas, had law firms begin the process for a class action lawsuit . The same thing, when violated, DID bring forth a lawsuit against JC Penny, Sears, and others. Riot, you better straighten your shit out, because this, whether you think it or not, IS serious.
Meddler (NA)
: It's a point under discussion yeah, don't think we're currently trending towards it but not ruling it out.
: Yes vastayah comes in different shapes, but neeko should be much more animal since she is closer related to the vastayah precursors that mingled with humans, more so her changing shape mean jack shit since she reverts to normal upon taking damage as seen in game, her model is her normal You argument for conventional attractive is really piss poor lol, thats like saying morgana cant be attractive cause she has 3 sets of wings or varus cause he has demon pants You would call a man thats like 75% machine octopus that grinds people to death inside him an abomination?....weird You excuse for kalista not being conventionally attractive is because shes too skinny in your opinion....not you know the fact shes dead? Thats hilarious Also read thresh lore, he was indeed alive once and hecarim too....whats the excuse now? Good to know jinx chest size depends on reality so she sells more{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Your reading comprehension is again lacking and showing that you did not in fact read the entire thing. 1. Once again, your are associating conventional with attractive, when that is not the case. More so, unconventional does not mean unattractive. Moreover, the argument for "conventional attractive" that you are trying to counter in this reply is in fact your own, as made by your previous posts. 2. Morgana and Varus are indeed attractive. But, again, the argument for "conventional attractive" is your own. And once again, you seem to associate "unconventional" with "unattractive", when one has no bearing on the other. 3. Kalista, was once again, your argument: "Kalista is still attractive and has a conventional body type, so much so she has a skin where she is fully human". You framed it solely based on her body type (and that she has skin, weirdly enough) hence my countering in the same format. 4. Thresh and Hecarim is fair. Lore's have been updated so much recently. It is important to remember that Hecarim is, in fact, a fusion of a cavalier and his horse, however. A good reference to the Headless Horseman. It seems that the understanding of your own base argument is poor. More over, you have long sense stopped presenting any counter arguments, and also ignore one of the main points: that males have even less design diversity than females, despite your attempt to state the contrary in the very title of this post. As such, I can assume you are completely unable to counter it, as you have dodged the issue in the past two replies to state the same things over and over. Consequently, as you have ceased bringing anything new to the table, keep restating your previous arguments as if they are new point when they are not, and continuously attempt bad faith arguments (if quite poorly), i'll be ending it here. Have a good day.
: How is 3 years plus anywhere close to recent? Also no neeko has a very lackluster appearance just to sell, the most pure blooded vastayah is the most human looking despite that going against what riot themselves set up as lore Also, kindred is TWO entities and wolf is farm better designed than lamb Now to disprove the entire thing, xayah is incredibly human looking(so is rakan) and she is conventionally attractive Kai sa? LOL KAISA shes a top model despite supposedly living in the void since child hood and there is a huge gap between what she should be and what she is so she sell, hell her void suit makes a boob window Camille is indeed incredibly attractive she just has scissor legs,compare her to her male cyborg counterpart URGOT thats a walking abomination Taliyah step in the right direction along with illaoi, rek sai is a bit of a cop out since she does not even speak and riot had to clarify she is female, but she is indeed a good addition Kalista is still attractive and has a conventional body type, so much so she has a skin where she is fully human, compare her to champs like hecarim and thresh and she falls short Jinx main here, while jinx default splash make her indeed unique (flat) her skins change that, like mafia, firecracker ,elf and odyssey(seriously its a bit jarring on the odyssey trailer) Yuumi is indeed a cat And you forgot anivia So to conclude, MOST ALL THOSE GIRLS ARE CONVENTIONALLY ATTRACTIVE, unlike what you said
In order: Recently, a.k.a., 10 newest female champs (I added Yuumi at the end, making it 11, yes, but I knew it would be nitpicked). Vastayah come in many shapes and forms. More over, Neeko has complete control over her appearance. She can choose how she looks. Your argument against Kindred does nothing to counter it, and is only a statement of opinion that you like wolf better. I put Kai'sah and Xayah in conventionally attractive. As such, you're only restating what has been stated to try and fill space and make it look you have more to say. That placed it and consider it a "counter" to anything I said has negative connotations for how much you actually read before jumping in to try and refute any statements. Now, your entire argument is based on "conventionally attractive". What does conventional mean? Conventional: to follow traditional forms. You are associating only the word "conventional" with being attractive, disregarding the "unconvetional", despite your whole argument being based off "conventional". Not being conventionally attractive does not mean one is unattractive. Illaoi is not conventional, she is unconventional, but she is attractive. However, by your arguments and statements, her not being conventional automatically makes her unattractive. Camille is not conventional. She is more machine than person, missing her lower extremities. **She has prosthetic legs. ** That is not conventional, but it doesn't mean she is unattractive. To suggest that someone with prosthetics is both conventional and, worse, could not have the ability to rise up and prove both their strength, could not be in anyway attractive in any sense, and are in fact too representative of social norms is an awful thing of you to do. Moreover, nearly just as much of Urgot remains human and fleshy as Camille, his upper torso being incredibly muscular and what he see of his face attractive. The only difference between the two is he has a gun arm and a gas mask. Beyond that, they have the same amount of lower body missing, Urgot just chose to go with more legs. To kill him an abomination is grossly inappropriate. Kalista is unconventional as well. She has "skin", as you put it, but can see her bones in areas where you should not see. She is anorexic in appearance, characterized by abnormally low body weight and exercising too much, while not eating enough to maintain it. The body begins to literally eat itself. A person who is anorexic can still be pretty, but it is far from conventional, and they likely need medical help. Comparisons to inhuman spirits such as Hecarim and Thresh are a red herring; they are conceptual beings, where Kalista was once alive. Jinx's base design is unconventional. The alternate skins are different realities, likely realities where she had access to better standards of living and so became physically, and in some mentally, healthier. It is fine for there to be changes. Anivia is too old an addition to the game to be on this list. I believe that covers everyone you attempted to counter. Again, your entire basis was based on "conventional". None of these champions are. But not being "conventional" does not mean one cannot be attractive, and to suggest otherwise is an awful thing to do. I also noticed you chose to ignore the section of my argument about the men, despite that being one of the pillars of your argument and, in fact, the thread title. Have a good day.
: Riot hasn't released many attractive females recently because the release has been mostly male lol I mean yuumi was different from the standard but still is rather cute and huggable (being a cat and all) kayle morg are extremely attractive, neeko is another major issue, because according to riot themselves neeko is the most ancient and pure blooded vastayah we have and her only real animal trait is a tacked on tail..... And she's supposed to be more animal than damn rengar Before that we had akali that got the sex appeal turned up to 11 on her vgu, and before her we had kai sa, another major issue since she lived fighting the void underground since childhood alone and is still looks like a top model with perfect hair and make up and no actual imperfections, not even a scar or damaged psyche You missunderstand people are not against attractive females, people just want some variety of female champ design, we have like 3 truly animal/ monster females in the entire game And even when a female should have scars or damage they simply don't and are default perfect
Most recently released female champs: Kai'sa, Xayah, Camille, Taliyah, Illaoi, Jinx, Rek'sai, Kallista, Kindred, Neeko, and Yuumi. Of those, only Kai'sa and Xayah count as "conventionally" attractive. Camille is a woman who is above 80 years old (possibly 100) with most of her body replaced by cybernetics and prosthetics. She's machine from the waist down, and most of her other organs have also been replaced. Illaoi is a big and buff woman who can likely break you by accident. Rek'sai is a literal monster/sand shark. Kindred is a sheep girl and the personification of death Neeko is a shape-shifting lizard girl with inhuman proportions and features. Kallista is literally a walking corpse/ghost, who if she were alive would likely need serious help due to having an eating disorder based on the fact you can literally see her bones through her skin due to being so thin. Jinx is supremely petite, most likely mentally ill in some form. Yuumi is a cat. None of these girls are "conventionally" pretty, all have supremely unique silhouettes/shapes, some aren't even human. More over, there's nothing wrong with people being attractive. Most importantly, however, is that all the champions in League are warriors in some form. They're all going to most likely be extremely athletic, and that _usually_ results in an objectively pleasing silhouette and form. More over, most of Runeterra resides in a renaissance-like period. There is no mass production or over production of food here, meaning that people getting overweight is a whole lot more difficult to do. The idea of the men of league having more "variation" in design is also false. Literally every single one of them is a tall, handsome, and muscular guy. The only "variation" they have is how much armor they're wearing and facial hair. The only exceptions to this are Gragas and Ezreal for the humans, and the monster/inhuman champions. Additionally, with very, very few exceptions such as Swain, none of them have scars either.
krexkk (EUNE)
: Bring the old Akali back PLEASE RIOT
They don't have to revert her. Literally the only problem and the only thing that makes Akali such a nightmare now is her true stealth shroud. Everyone knows it, everyone is telling Riot it, and when they solicited outside opinions for inputs, the answer they were given was "Remove True Stealth". Riot doesn't want to remove it because it is "unique", something that helps her stand out. And yet, because of that, she has received 7 nerfs since her release plus a nerf that riot instead called "zero power adjustment change". And now, with her most recent change, it has been stated that if she is now underpowered in pro-play as well, "we will have to find someway to balance her" (Repetoir). The answer is to remove True Stealth, but I bet you Riot won't do that.
: Gotta hand it to Riot for nailing this Mordekaiser Rework
Morde's new ult was the original ult that was proposed for Fiora's rework, but was ultimately turned down as it was believed to promote unhealthy game play or some such, iirc. Interesting to see it used now. It is rather thematically appropriate.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 24
Meddler, thoughts on the Akali nerfs that are on the PBE? I imagine those are in reaction to her MSI performance, but Isn't that a bit premature, since Akali has nerfs that aren't currently active in MSI? Shouldn't you all wait and see where those land before nerfing her again? Also, is there any consideration at all on removing true stealth from her shroud? Common Consensus seems to be that's where 99% of the problems with her come from.
: The vote for a 2020 VGU is up
: Neeko looks so cute! <3
: If they make a LoL MMO based on Runeterra, then it needs to all take place before the League is established. If everyone remembers, it was formed as a result of the damaging warfare, a way for nations to settle disputes civilly, and also sell merchandise... Otherwise, it's post LoL, and the League is dead and nations are back to open war.
The League was retconned out a few years ago as it was restricting the writers from being able to create any sort of story. It no longer exists, summoner's no longer exist, and they haven't for a while now.
: We also see people healing instantly up to 100% when running away at low health on PBE because... well, because...THE FUCKING DORAN'S SHIELD BUFF DEAR GOD JUST REVERT IT ALREADY.
You're talking about the 300 hp recovery thing? Confirmed bug/mistake (someone probably put the decimal in the wrong spot, if I had to guess).
Rioter Comments
: While true, and I don't know how it works in the current lore, it's a LOT funnier to imagine a jealous Tryndamere.
In the original lore, they got married because Tryndamere's tribe was marauding across the Freljord and ended up attacking Ashe's people (for things like food, necessities, etc.). Simultaneously, Sejuani was attacking from the opposite side. Ashe needed an army and to get one of them to stop, so the political marriage with Tryndamere happened. His people got a home, Ashe got an army. In the current lore, Tryndamere's people were slaughtered by Aatrox, and now Tryndamere is an angry murder-hobo walking around looking for Aatrox to get revenge...I predict he becomes Aatrox's new host. I can't see any way to reconcile these two things to make it so that the political marriage still happens, as Tryndamere has absolutely nothing to offer Ashe anymore, the entire impetus behind the thing is gone, and he would have to give up on his revenge, which probably ain't happening. Edit: whoops, meant to respond to Toxic Control. Sorry for pinging you. In response to YOU, a jealous Tryndamere is rather funny to imagine
: That’s a pretty well executed Turret dive with Blitz taking agro for nearly every hit. That’s how that’s supposed to work. The one hit that Ezreal takes nearly instakills him due to the heating up passive not resetting on targets.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ydRX0xwL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-30T13:11:33.643+0000) > > That’s a pretty well executed Turret dive with Blitz taking agro for nearly every hit. That’s how that’s supposed to work. The one hit that Ezreal takes nearly instakills him due to the heating up passive not resetting on targets. Blitz is level 4. He should NOT be able to tank 6 turret shots. NO ONE should be able to tank 6 turret shots at level 4.
: Ghostcrawler Lane Swap / Queue Dodge / Whatever
"I look forward to all of the “GC was kicked upstairs where he can’t do much harm to LoL” memes. Let me know if I can help you with those in any way." "He knows where the bodies are buried." "In keeping with my reputation of buffing frost mages, Meddler promised to take good care of Lissandra." {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: >That's because that's how most of us feel bub.... And that makes it ok? DL apparently is disappointed/frustrated with an aspect of League yet can articulate his disappointment in a thoughtful and smart way, so why can't we? People are more willing to listen if it's not just inane ranting and harsh words, you know. >Revert every change made after season 5.... and go from there. It also helps to have a realistic change. Again, Doublelift's video: "I think Riot should do xyz abc". Not once did he suggest mass reverts or anything. Again, ties back into getting people to listen: It'll spread wider if you have a more concrete solution that makes sense to do. >And seriously... you are on the LoL boards telling us to go QQ on twitter and reddit for RIOT to listen to us? What is the company ran by... monkeys? Pssssst. Boards is small. So is Reddit. DL's video got widespread because it got noticed on a variety of platforms and got shared around the community on a variety of places. If you're only selling your wares in one store, you're not going to hit a mainstream audience. Anyways, this post sums up basically why DL's video was successful and the average board post isn't: Clear, concise arguments. Thoughtful solutions that aren't calls for mass reverts and understanding that widespread viewership leads to more discussion about the topic. If you truly think your idea for getting things looked at is right, I suggest you step back and consider the size of boards and the impact our posts truly have in the community on a global level.
There have been many posts on reddit with comments numbering into the thousands that were well articulated, well thought out, and well reasoned that were ignored. There were videos from professionals with far more views than DL where they expressed their discontent politely, and were ignored. There was a literal conference a year or two back about Dynamic queue with Gbay and SCARRA where they both expressed discontent in a polite manner, where Scarra presented the arguments of not just himself but the entire professional community, a video that got more views than any single thing Riot has even been capable of producing, that led people talking after for months and reaching well over 6 million views in condemnation of Riot, and Scarra speaking in interviews about his time there where he mentioned how he was literally blown off and ignored and Riot kept trying to push it down our throats for well over a year, ignoring everything that was said. And then, a couple months ago, a whiny, bitching, mewling man child threw a hissy fit on live stream, screaming his head off like a banshee....and got a response within an hour, and results the next patch. Riot's actions have shaped what the community does. They have shown what needs to be done to elicit a response and get action. THEY have created the format for which messages will be delivered to them. If they don't like it, I'm not suprised. Competency is the last thing I've come to expect from this company after these past few years. I'm not surprised they're unhappy with how the community has decided to go about reaching out to them. They are, after all, the ones who showed us how to do it. It is a product of Riot's creation - of course they are not happy with it. Few ever are.
Rioter Comments
heroikc (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=j2UEomQ3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-10T18:42:34.119+0000) > > Well Yea, Why wouldn&#x27;t you want to see shit like this every game? > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4oETNkqLRQ > > I got the first hit, therefor I won. Maybe because it eliminates at least three long time roles and stifles half of the roster? Because people don't like learning? They would rather have a blunt hammer or oversharp sword to destroy everything than a brush or pen to make such an artistic and incredible play to win the battle? League is turning into a "he who hits first is the winner by default" from the original "Who dares, wins."
Funny thing, any blade that has been sharpened too much becomes fragile and prone to shattering. Fitting, isn't it?
: You need to wait and play after 8.11. They promised to fix a lot of things especially bot lane, but it's Riot promises so I am not that hopeful.
You mean the changes that are currently a buff to ADC's, everyone is pointing and mathing it out and playing it on the PBE for Riot and saying "Hey, this is not doing what you think it's doing", and Riot just issued a statement saying "Yeah, looks good!"? I'm disappointed in myself and sad I gave Riot so much credit leading up to this.
Meddler (NA)
: Pretty good so far on the AD items IMO. Still some tuning needed though, wouldn't swear we've got all the item gold efficiencies right in particular. And a lot of bug fixes still underway too.
"Pretty good so far". I do hope you're not serious. Your current ADC changes do not meet your stated goals, and their damage on PBE is currently higher than what it is now. You are literally buffing them, and trying to disguise it as a "nerf". Conqueror and Yasuo's passive on IE? Are you kidding me? Pick one or the other, not both.
Rioter Comments
: It does seem odd changing it after so long. Also doesn't seem like a good idea to give every crit ADC a free mini conqueror rune with an item.
It isn't a free mini conqueror, it IS conqueror, gated only by crit chance and without the lock behind melee, or anything preventing champs like Tryndamere and Yasuo taking both conqueror and grabbing IE. Not to mention suddenly everyone has Yasuo's passive now. Oh boy!
Colte (NA)
: honestly sick of riven having short hair for every skin
While I would love to see a skin where Riven has long hair, her base skin has short hair and the short hair suits her. Additionally, in this specific case (Pulsefire) it looks bad ass.
: Guess what champion I am
: They're also keeping the trend of always giving him something new. Q: True damage W: Mana Regen instead of mana cost.
_Reads Q changes_ Wait, WHAT?! https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif
: > [{quoted}](name=Je suis Rubick,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=27mrj62T,comment-id=00050009,timestamp=2018-04-17T21:31:53.214+0000) > > make me dream, tell me what are the goals "Snowballing Fighters can carry" (Caution: It is very likely that our idea of "snowballing fighters can carry" is different from a fighter main's idea of the same thing)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Axes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=27mrj62T,comment-id=000500090000,timestamp=2018-04-17T21:41:07.341+0000) > > &quot;Snowballing Fighters can carry&quot; > > (Caution: It is very likely that our idea of &quot;snowballing fighters can carry&quot; is different from a fighter main&#x27;s idea of the same thing) Well, you have my attention. Consider me cautiously optimistic.
: I don't think giving mages higher mana pool early is a nerf. If anything it is a buff to early game because a big mana pool is more beneficial early then mana regen. Later in the game when most mages have completed mana items it won't be noticeable.
Most of these changes result in mages breaking even around levels 4 or 5, and then begin significantly falling behind their current live mana amounts. Anivia, for example, will have some 200 less base mana come level 18. Add to that several of key component items are getting nerfed as well, it's a rather severe net nerf for all mages.
: So all mages are getting nerfed hard on the PBE
I must say, I do enjoy how quickly it took Riot to churn out these massive changes for mages, barely a month since the other large changes they implemented beforehand led to an increase in mages played... And yet it is taking them since LAST midseason to address ADCs. After all, worlds was coming so they couldn't do it then and then they needed to wait because Runes was coming, then they needed to see how Runes played out and balance those changes first, and then they decided to wait for Midseason. After all, can't be too hasty, _got to make sure you do it right by the ADCs_ and make sure they **REALLY** need it first and it isn't actually a result of something else that Riot implemented that is artificially inflating ADC's power. Got to make sure they check and nerf everything else first, just in case. *Admittedly salty by seemingly endless ADC preference for the last year* *Seemingly because, even if it wasn't Riot's intent, it sure as heck has turned out to appear like it*
Rioter Comments
Lenn (NA)
: State the hottest champ for each role
{{champion:114}} {{champion:28}} / {{champion:113}}/{{champion:254}} (I'M TORN!) {{champion:7}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:37}} /{{champion:40}} /{{champion:16}} (I CAN'T DECIDE)
: LOL top lane has no egirl champions to profit from simple answer
> [{quoted}](name=Guardian Warwick,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cjEcGmiY,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-03-06T16:11:14.335+0000) > > LOL top lane has no egirl champions to profit from simple answer {{champion:114}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:39}} (personally, I hope {{champion:114}} becomes the one to get it in the future {{sticker:sg-lux}} )
Yatabo (NA)
: My top main friends and I, in reaction to another ADC ult skin, and no top lane ultimate skin: {{sticker:sg-ahri-1}} Please join me in a moment of silence.
On one hand, I love MF. I play her often enough. On the other hand, I am primarily a top/jg/sup main, and yes, I admit it does rub the wrong way a bit that top lane was passed up when they are now the only one without an ultimate, but I can't say it matters that much. On the other hand, it is MF {{sticker:sg-lux}}
: Janna is strong because her kit is strong. She's the queen of disengage.... the champ of "nah, we didn't want to fight right now". Whenever the meta makes that a strong thing, she's strong. When the meta isn't about that, she's weaker but I'll let you in on something... The meta is never not about that. Unless we enter splitpush meta or something, the game will always be about attempting to kill the other team so you can take objectives, and Janna's ability to peel off entire teams if the fight isn't on her team's terms will ALWAYS be useful. The only way you will get her to a lower winrate would be to trash her numbers into the ground so she is a complete liability outside of her peel... and that seems unfair. A single blitz hook can win a game no matter how weak blitz personally is, and no one seems to care about him always being a solid choice. But Janna is defensive, so we need to hit her in the cootch and make her bad? Why punish one of the few good supports left? I think it's more the fact that people just hate being thwarted and would rather cry "nerf pls" than change their tactics. Game after game I see AD-heavy teams of divers and assassins picked on both sides. Everyone wants to be the cool kid that leaps in and gets a quadra, dashing around and fucking up squishies... and Janna puts up a brick wall against that style of play. So rather than NOT pick Zed, Yasuo and Rengar every game, they just want her nerfed. Because apparently it's ok for the enemy carry to die instantly to an assassin that can get to them with ease... but NOT cool for the role solely devoted to defending the carry to be able to defend the carry. And on a personal note to all you Yasuo player out there. If you play Yasuo and you complain about JANNA being a walking pile of cockblock that is unfun to play against... then a pit of hell is reserved JUST for you, you windwalling piece of crap.
: > [{quoted}](name=edoxbox1,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3R6gPt0d,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-02-23T23:05:56.642+0000) > > Delete the tag, no ? lol Not even joking, I need someone else to delete it for me. This tag is a hungry ghost that follows me everywhere.
> [{quoted}](name=Carnival Knights,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3R6gPt0d,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-02-23T23:47:09.352+0000) > > Not even joking, I need someone else to delete it for me. This tag is a hungry ghost that follows me everywhere. You'll never be rid of it. It lives, and it hungers. The memories of the Regional Ambassadors of the past desire to return to the world, and you are their gateway. They surround you. They may even be behind you right now. I suggest you avoid mirrors.
: Quinn Changes Coming Soon - Strike from the Sky!
Fantastic, thank you very much for these!
: A deep appreciation for all life... Thanks for your insightful post. Sometimes, the things that just about break us, can make us. Kai'Sa is one of those people. Anger and resentment are heavy burdens. They can slow us down. Although we all respond to adversity in different ways, Kai'Sa has a unique way about her and one that she doesn't want to be lost on those she encounters. Plus, she hasn't been able to talk to anyone for quite a bit, so she likes to practice. GPWP.
I think you did good with her, Radius. Looking forward to more.
ChunLii (NA)
: If Runeterra had a “Justice League” or “Avengers” who would you want on the team?
{{champion:114}} The Fighter {{champion:133}} The Tracker {{champion:51}} The Sniper {{champion:254}} The Muscle {{champion:267}} The Healer and team "sweetheart" {{champion:25}} The Sorceress {{champion:201}} The "Dad" (and the only one who can cook. He's teaching Nami, though, and Morgana may be expressing interest. Braum is absolutely thrilled. Family time!). Alternate team: {{champion:113}} {{champion:22}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:26}} Team "Oh my goodness, how do I keep them from killing each other"
: It has been SEVEN YEARS. I have been making dumb joke posts about this character for SEVEN ENTIRE YEARS. And now she's just...here? Wh-what am I going to do now? What do I goofily plead for now? There's a giant, burning hole in my heart. You might call it a... _Magma Chamber_ (Seriously though oh my god she's really here, this breathes a lot of new life into some other "lore-only" characters. I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull Zelos out at this point.)
I'm happy as well. She looks neat!
: Where? Every post complaining about her on front page is about her art or people complaining about others supposedly saying that her kit is OP. There's no support for that claim.
There's people complaining about her art? Why? It looks good!
GigglesO (NA)
: Just Curious, how much more powercreep do we need before the game is "unplayable"
It's pretty unfun now. Rare are the times when I enjoy myself. I keep playing in hopes Riot wakes up and realizes what they're doing, in the vain hope that the game will become enjoyable once again like it used to be. Riot does a lot of good things: Their art, story, and sound team are great and do wonderful work, but their balance team is not up to the same standards those guys set, and based on their decision making it seems their performance is so comparatively low by design. The biggest thing is they just seem completely incapable of retaining lessons learned from previous seasons, and keep making the same mistakes over and over. For example, with the Baron changes: They are geared towards trying to make the LCS more fast paced/action packed, but they seem to be unwilling to admit that the reason it is a farm simulator is due to the fact that every change they have made for that purpose has been in the direction of "more damage, more snowball", increasing the damage a minor lead can do. As such, the pros don't want to take the risks and are playing safer due to the huge snowball effect a minor lead can give. For whatever reason, Riot's balance team just seems completely incapable of realizing that is the problem, that every change so far is going to make them play even safer, making it just as boring, if not more so, to watch. If it isn't that they are incapable of realizing it, then it is through willful ignorance on which they are doubling down on the concepts that have brought the game into such an awful state, which is worse.
: I think this reveals a huge part of what the writer and the champ pod were aiming for - Swain was a champion who didn't provoke a lot of strong feelings either way, as PE just articulated very clearly. Based on a LOT of player data and feedback, old Swain not particularly interesting to a lot of players. Now there are a lot MORE players who want to find out more. It's okay not to like something, it's okay to have the opposite opinion... But it's not okay to say that person's enjoyment is invalid because they aren't a real fan, or whatever. Personally, I SUCK at the game. Like, everyone in this thread would destroy me. But now I feel like I actually want to play Swain, whereas before I didn't.
The writing team outdid themselves. There's so much lore and hints in his special interactions, like Kassadin, Ashe, Camille, and Fiora. What those remarks imply. It's great. Give them my kudos, please.
: > [{quoted}](name=Corriandr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AFkhp8Hw,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-12T16:39:25.227+0000) > > I understood that! I know that reference! I didn't. Clue me in D:
> [{quoted}](name=Bouncemaster Zac,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AFkhp8Hw,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-12T21:30:09.043+0000) > > I didn&#x27;t. Clue me in D: Worm is a popular web-serial novel that finished up a few years ago, clocking in at over a million words. The sequel is now being publishes written. Eden comes from that series. She's one of these super-advanced giant space-whale type things that roam the universe.
: > [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AFkhp8Hw,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-12T11:54:32.412+0000) > > Wanna blow up the internet? > Find a way to create waifu-chan. > A waifu that inherently contains every other waifu. Eden from Worm/her flesh garden (*shudders*).
> [{quoted}](name=Xayâh Bôt,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=AFkhp8Hw,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-12T13:56:44.384+0000) > > Eden from Worm/her flesh garden (*shudders*). I understood that! I know that reference!
noukinn (NA)
: Know what would be nice? If the next batch of patches were NOTHING but nerfs across the board
Do I support your proposal and going forward with nothing but nerfs? Yes. Do I support the way you went about proposing it, i.e. swearing and insulting? No.
: Hello! There's a lot to unpack here, but I'll do my best to address the points you've made in this thread. **Why was Lux selected for a Lunar Revel skin this year?** I pinged my product owner for a reply for this one, since he's more deeply involved in the selection discussions than I am myself, and I didn't want to misconstrue anything. *"From early on we decided to do Warwick and Nasus for year of the dog, with the idea of exploring good dog and ‘bad’ dog. As we developed the idea further with them being divine door guardians we coupled it with having a powerful godly princess they would be protecting to balance out the skin offering. Lux was the champion that fit the best for this fantasy and since her last skin was over a year ago we felt ok with adding her to the group for this year, and she is also an extremely popular champion in countries that celebrate Lunar New Year, so we also feel these players will appreciate having her be part of this celebration. Other champions that could have also made sense, that were less fitting on the role anyways, were not available due to having other skins already planned or in other cases having either gameplay or full re-works coming up. "* **What's the deal with the Illaoi skin?** We realized that Illaoi had waited quite some time for a skin, and felt that letting players vote for a thematic would be a great way to involve the community, as opposed to just popping a new skin on PBE. We submitted three concepts that were vastly different from each other to give everyone a variety to choose from. Granted, not everyone's favorite would be selected, and as such, not everyone would be super happy about the result, but imo, having a voice in voting is better than having us say, 'here's an Illaoi skin, kthxbai.' This project also enables us to really show what goes into creating a skin, which may shed some light on why we make choices, why things do and don't work, etc. **Okay, but there are a bunch of champions who are in desperate need of skins.** You're absolutely right. Some champions that you've named had pending reworks in 2017, such as Eve and Urgot, which made them ineligible for new skins. Swain's currently sitting on that waitlist right now. We tried to tackle some of the champion who needed love last year - Viktor, Cassiopeia, Yorick, to name a few. We have a ton planned for 2018, and I can assure you we've considered champions who haven't seen a new skin in a while. **Xayah and Rakan skins, though?** We felt that this was a no brainer for this year's Valentine's Day skins. They're *love birds*. They're an adorable couple in Runeterra, it seemed like a really good fit! This pairing of skins - Sweetheart - was one of the most suggested thematics from players for these two when they first released. **Riot's a business.** Yep, we are, but we truly do strive to be the most player focused games company in the world. I understand that we aren't perfect and that we do fall short at times - who doesn't? I'd highly encourage you (and everyone!) to continuously give us constructive feedback - both positive and negative - tell us why something does or doesn't suck, seriously. It's honestly the best way for us to know what we should keep doing and what we should do better. You aren't going to hurt our feelings, so please, be honest like you have been in this thread.
I am personally not happy with Lux getting the skin. I like her, yes, but she has so many already, and your justification for giving her one is extremely weak. Not to mention she has an ultimate skin already - and it was her last one, where it was literally 10 skins in one. There are a lot of champions out there far, far more neglected in skins, who could have been used instead of her, with the same justifications you gave PLUS adding on to it "they were also due for a skin and they fit the theme decently enough", which would have been far stronger than any of these feeble justifications you have created for Lux. Add on to it that you are also giving _**her**_ the chroma when she is by far and away the least suitable for having it among these three? And not one of the other two - Warwick and Nasus, who are ACTUALLY DOGS and fit with the theme of the YEAR OF THE DOG? I will give that the story telling/lore behind the skins is really good, and they ARE well done. But that it is Lux is...disappointing.
: what are any of sivirs splash arts? some of her skins splashes look like theyve been taken from a cheap chinese ripoff game. the art style looks almost like anime and is entirely inconsistent with the rest of the game. http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/28/Sivir_WarriorPrincessSkin.jpg http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/05/Sivir_HuntressSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160405201049 http://media.services.zam.com/v1/media/byName/lolking/img/champions/skins/splash/15_4.png https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lo3J140A1J8/maxresdefault.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jeK6aw8n,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-01-05T18:45:48.223+0000) > > what are any of sivirs splash arts? some of her skins splashes look like theyve been taken from a cheap chinese ripoff game. the art style looks almost like anime and is entirely inconsistent with the rest of the game. > > http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/28/Sivir_WarriorPrincessSkin.jpg > > http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/0/05/Sivir_HuntressSkin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160405201049 > > http://media.services.zam.com/v1/media/byName/lolking/img/champions/skins/splash/15_4.png > > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lo3J140A1J8/maxresdefault.jpg Well, I mean, all of those ARE the Chinese versions of the splash arts. That occured some...oh...two years ago, I think? When they merged all the art assets for the game. As a result, she's on the list of champions to get her splash arts updated, so it's all of the same quality and style.
Show more

Corriandr

Level 75 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion