Rioter Comments
KAMAARA (NA)
: What's Easier? Creating a Champion or Updating an Old One?(Can Any Rioters Help Answer This?)
I actually like that Riot has put out New Champs as well as Updates to outdated Kits. For all the Memes ppl put on the company there are so many Games that just flat out doesn't do this, in fact I haven't ever really experienced a game like this where so much is put into both new kits as well as updating old kits (while trying to maintain the general feel of those characters) Updating is harder because there is already a perception of what that champ represents so you can't just start from scratch and design whatever. I like that there are constantly new things otherwise this game gets old WAY too quick when you are playing like 5 games a day that may not seem like a lot to super hardcore ppl but that could mean a lot of time invested. SO yeah, I'll go to Prom with you {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: Your thoughts on Senna ADC?
i think her Q range and maybe even her Auto Range is deceptive (moreso the Q tho) Early game she doesn't feel too oppressive or anything but the fact she has so much synergy with literally anything Support regardless if she is support or ADC is the thing that makes her strong imo. Normally most ADC's have very little CC and it's generally really conditional (like Xayah or Vayne) where it generally doesn't go off right away (jinx/cait). This to me means generally speaking you are only having to avoid the SUpports CC, whether it be a Naut or Pyke, whatever; it's basically 2 abilities that you are trying to dodge generally speaking. Senna having a CC that seems to last forever lol (i'm not sure how long it lasts but seems like a long time) that actually moves, this is the thing that to me is tricky and maybe needs to be looked at. That 1 Ability (A CC that Moves) gives her something that has synergy with almost any Support and it's not a bad thing but if it were to be reduced in travel speed i think that would be a good start. Her Kit is really good at playing from Ahead tbh even though she doesn't seem like a Draven sort of snowbally champ so to me just tone down her ways of getting ahead and see how that goes.
Mártir (EUW)
: Please... Yuumi is unplayable, she sits ona 39%WR average, for so long.
It's not so much that i'm against that champ but In my experiences it gives players a champ to just 'do nothing' on. The few experiences I've had with yuumi support is pretty bad. They just stay attached to me all game, they don't do anything really other than healing me every now and then; they Q occasionally but other than that it's essentially a 1 v 2, me vs 2 ppl on the other team and if they play aggro it's a really hard lane since they just focus me entire time. I don't really like her tbh, the Attach mechanic is something that ppl don't realize how much it can hurt the lane especially if you miss your Q's
: What champ looks like they would eat orphans.
{{champion:1}} she is so savage she made herself a orphan and a only child.
: You seem to be getting very upset. You are resorting to childish insults to try to bolster your weak arguments. It says far more about you than it does about me. You want me to define normal as having X damage with Y range and Z health? Rubbish. Again, normal is subjective. It is generally weighed against the average traits of the other champions in the game. Newer champions and reworks generally have very high damage and very high safety. This means they can blow up older champions while either taking very little damage themselves or healing back up very quickly to go blow up someone else. There is very little outplay potential. It means the roster of 146 (?) champions is irrelevant because many of those are not very viable against the newer overloaded champions. This is what is frustrating players. There are many examples of overloading anyone with common sense can see. Akali's original shroud that shielded her from turret vision was beyond ridiculous. Pantheon's new invincibility is drastically stronger than his original ability to block one single spell or attack. There are reasons these champions are perma-banned in Pro play. Even they struggle against these kits.
> [{quoted}](name=SammyDayspring,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-11-29T00:43:46.084+0000) > > You seem to be getting very upset. You are resorting to childish insults to try to bolster your weak arguments. It says far more about you than it does about me. > > You want me to define normal as having X damage with Y range and Z health? Rubbish. Again, normal is subjective. It is generally weighed against the average traits of the other champions in the game. Newer champions and reworks generally have very high damage and very high safety. This means they can blow up older champions while either taking very little damage themselves or healing back up very quickly to go blow up someone else. There is very little outplay potential. It means the roster of 146 (?) champions is irrelevant because many of those are not very viable against the newer overloaded champions. This is what is frustrating players. > > There are many examples of overloading anyone with common sense can see. Akali's original shroud that shielded her from turret vision was beyond ridiculous. Pantheon's new invincibility is drastically stronger than his original ability to block one single spell or attack. There are reasons these champions are perma-banned in Pro play. Even they struggle against these kits. Man i'm not sure if i'm suppose to laugh at this or not but this isn't a trick question, I'm asking for your opinion; i'm not looking for ways to turn a argument against you or anything. I'm genuinely asking (for like the 3rd time) what is a "normal" kit in your opinion. If you were to say "This is the best designed most practical and fair kit" what champion would it be? For all other champs to be measured, you would pick what? I don't understand why this is so difficult for you to answer, you don't need to be afraid to give your opinion. You are giving a lot of run-around for something that shouldn't be nearly as hard as you are making it.
: > [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T23:41:38.496+0000) > > which is? > I'm asking you specifically what you think is normal. Is Amumu Normal? Is Leblanc or Vladimir? Is Riven? Like what in your opinion is a kit that is "normal" > > I'm not arguing i'm asking you to elaborate. If you feel attacked or defensive then you should really lighten up, I only want to know what champs in your opinion aren't 'overloaded' or "normal" > > this term 'overloaded' is being thrown around all the time and honestly we critique all the new champs for having too much but what are we actually using to measure what is or isn't enough? Without a defined value of 0 we can't really say if something is +2 or -1, so if you cannot actually define what your basis is for 0 then the term 'overloaded' actually loses its meaning and becomes hyperbole Normal is subjective. Asking me to elaborate is pointless and leads to nothing. It would only be my opinion, one of millions of League players. You cannot define everything in terms of numbers or absolute values. If you cannot understand subjective comments, then perhaps this isn't the thread for you.
> [{quoted}](name=SammyDayspring,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-29T00:15:02.955+0000) > > Normal is subjective. Asking me to elaborate is pointless and leads to nothing. It would only be my opinion, one of millions of League players. You cannot define everything in terms of numbers or absolute values. If you cannot understand subjective comments, then perhaps this isn't the thread for you. For all the talk you did you literally don't even have the balls to express your own opinion about what is a normal kit! If you can't define what is normal in your opinion then you cannot by any sense of the word define or evaluate when something is 'overloaded'
: > [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-28T22:06:56.791+0000) > > what is "normal"? > Is Leblanc normal? Or Vladimir? > > Is Amumu "normal"? I mean what you said needs context tbh, when you say "Normal" do you mean Dr. Mundo is Normal? I mean every champ is suppose to have something unique to them so when you say normal you should really clarify. Normal, in the context of my comments, would be a character who does NOT have an overloaded kit, maximum safety, etc. That should have been obvious. I shouldn't have to explain it to you. And arguing for the sake of arguing adds nothing to the conversation.
> [{quoted}](name=SammyDayspring,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T23:12:25.455+0000) > > Normal, in the context of my comments, would be a character who does NOT have an overloaded kit, maximum safety, etc. That should have been obvious. I shouldn't have to explain it to you. And arguing for the sake of arguing adds nothing to the conversation. which is? I'm asking you specifically what you think is normal. Is Amumu Normal? Is Leblanc or Vladimir? Is Riven? Like what in your opinion is a kit that is "normal" I'm not arguing i'm asking you to elaborate. If you feel attacked or defensive then you should really lighten up, I only want to know what champs in your opinion aren't 'overloaded' or "normal" this term 'overloaded' is being thrown around all the time and honestly we critique all the new champs for having too much but what are we actually using to measure what is or isn't enough? Without a defined value of 0 we can't really say if something is +2 or -1, so if you cannot actually define what your basis is for 0 then the term 'overloaded' actually loses its meaning and becomes hyperbole
: Kai'sa is overloaded, far from the only one, and as a result she will either be insanely op or complete dumpster. When I talk to {{champion:19}} mains, the only gripes the seem to have about him is how buggy he can be, and when I get killed by him I don't feel cheated, just outplayed. He is in my list of best designed champs, others include {{champion:412}} {{champion:6}}{{champion:78}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:164}}{{champion:202}} . I think each of them do what they set out to do without being insanely op or completely useless regardless of how the meta shifts.
I am not debating the kit, honestly there are a lot of things going on in it, the kit isn't the thing that I'm talking about with design, player choice and interaction/decision making as well as uniqueness is what you have to look at when you say something is designed well, not how WELL they accomplish their task. For example you put Raka and Jana and quite frankly those are 2 champs who are designed pretty poorly (Jana is slightly better). They are 1 dimensional overall, They do essentially 1 thing in lane and 1 thing out of lane; the decision making process with those 2 champs in particular is pretty awful. Being able to handle situations differently is the best TLDR of what a good kit should look like. When a champ constantly has very limited ways to deal with anything then that champ is actually pretty bad.
: They started a bad trend of "upping the ante" with each new champion and rework. Now players expected overloaded kits, maximum safety with heals and shields, as well as other OP nonsense. They can't make a "normal" champion anymore. Eventually, it will be too much and they will destroy the game.
> [{quoted}](name=SammyDayspring,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-28T21:57:36.410+0000) > > They started a bad trend of "upping the ante" with each new champion and rework. Now players expected overloaded kits, maximum safety with heals and shields, as well as other OP nonsense. They can't make a "normal" champion anymore. Eventually, it will be too much and they will destroy the game. what is "normal"? Is Leblanc normal? Or Vladimir? Is Amumu "normal"? I mean what you said needs context tbh, when you say "Normal" do you mean Dr. Mundo is Normal? I mean every champ is suppose to have something unique to them so when you say normal you should really clarify.
: > [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-28T20:15:55.094+0000) > > i think they are trying to find ways to be innovative because so many of the champs already have kits that are pretty underwelming or boring. > They have to find new ways to shock ppl otherwise the game becomes boring and stale. Also if they just keep putting out the same type of Champ (Look at some of the older Tanks or older ADCs or even some of the enchanters like nami/janna/raka) the role becomes really redundant because all the champs would do essentially the same thing only slightly different but at the cost of making other, older, champions obsolete?
> [{quoted}](name=JoeAnarchy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5l7lh1TP,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-11-28T20:17:53.473+0000) > > but at the cost of making other, older, champions obsolete? well thats why they have the updates. They actively see that many of the kits don't/haven't aged well. The older champions ARE obsolete, because the game and players have evolved. Now they could make another champ like Amumu but does that really add anything? They've done a pretty good job with bringing new layers to game while trying to steadily update kits that are old and dated
: why do they keep making champions that are so overloaded?
i think they are trying to find ways to be innovative because so many of the champs already have kits that are pretty underwelming or boring. They have to find new ways to shock ppl otherwise the game becomes boring and stale. Also if they just keep putting out the same type of Champ (Look at some of the older Tanks or older ADCs or even some of the enchanters like nami/janna/raka) the role becomes really redundant because all the champs would do essentially the same thing only slightly different
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pUrAdPe1,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-28T19:18:09.428+0000) > > to the Design point, it's not that I'm for everything being like Kai'sa it's that as a design giving players choice is something that I am personally saying is why her design is so good. > > For everything you guys list as pros you constantly forget that for 1 it's all conditional and for 2 it's still up to the player to respond; it's not a "I win button" and btw, kaisa is still vulnerable to all in, she just can deal with it a little better but lets make it clear that she can still be burst down. > > The design behind Kai'sa is good because it doesn't just give her things, you have to steadily progress to get those upgrades > > When you look at her kit it makes it so the ppl playing it can respond in a way they feel is best; rather than just pressing a button and auto win. Yeah she has a Shield but it also has a few conditions that have to be met before it can be used, it's not just "She has a shield whenever" (as a example), she has invis yes but you also have to get the items to actually get that invis to level it up, so it's not something she always has access to. > > So for example with builds, I could do something in my first 2 items to upgrade my Q ASAP, but then again maybe I need to deviate to a different item based on what i'm up against, that would also mean i would delay my Q and E upgrade until my 3rd or 4th item Zhonya's for example, if i take that 2nd that means i wouldn't be able to upgrade Q or E until at least my 3rd or 4th item, that's a pretty significant loss in DPS but does give extra survival, this is player choice that no other AD has the option for Yes, she doesn't get the things she needs to evade dire situations from the get go. That's her weakness though. She is supposed to have a weaker early game, because of how many tools she has. If she didn't, she'd just not care about that Naut hooking her, which would be bad design by default. However 100 bonus stats is easily achievable with 1.5 items, she can unlock all of them within 3. And that doesn't exclude defensive options such as Zhonya's. Level 6 isn't as far away as you think either, to give her an additional safety net. In mid-late game she fully thrives and is one of, if not the most versatile champion in the game. She has the tools to deal with every situation and barely sacrifices anything for it. That's what makes her better than other ADCs. That's why I think her design isn't good. > I'm not in favor of making copycat kits, I am in favor of the decision making that she provides. Now whether that is from some sort of utility or whatever, that's up to the devs. Decisionmaking isn't only available through mid fight playstyle, generous itemization and versatility. You are constantly under pressure as adc because you are the one who should win a fight for your team as the damage carry. Decisionmaking, macro or micro is hardly applicable to only heavy mobility and safety, while also caring about positioning and damage dealing like any other adc. Basically she does what any other adc does but safer, that's what makes her so infuriating. > From a philosophical design, Kai'sa is the best ADC, not because she is popular or because of her winrate but because she provides a level of interaction that is exclusive to her. Giving choice is something the position generally doesn't have In fight interaction is really not unique to her. Other champions have means to peel/defend/escape/counterattack as well, but not in an overloaded manner as she does. Interaction doesn't mean you get to live because your name is Kai'Sa. Unfortunately that's how it is most of the time. She dictates the fight. If she's under pressure she defuses the fight like no other ADC can. But that's exactly what their weakness is supposed to be. You shouldn't be able to stall time with a shield from your R, a movement speed buff (with pot. invis), 3s Zhonya's, a PD shield, Qss, turn around because your enemy can't take 2 damage types at once which is also health% etc. That isn't what the ADC role should evolve into. You are a playmaker, but the plays are made by limitations and working with those. That's how champions are kept in check to not play the game for 1 player out of 9. However Kai'Sa goes exactly into that direction.
Other champions that aren't ADC have means to escape/defend/peel etc It's not a healthy state of the game to have a role be essentially useless until 40min+ Nor is it healthy to tell a player that they cannot play the game because they picked (as example) Zed, and because they picked Zed and you picked Jinx you are going to be shit on for most of the game. The role absolutely should be meaningful throughout the game, not just when they are full build! You don't have meaning if you cannot survive! ADC was for a long time "I will do dmg faster than you", that's what the entire role is designed around, now eventually that means there is no choice anymore it's just the champs are designed to "Do more dmg faster" It's old and dated (and boring) to just make a champ that makes doing dmg faster with each new champion. Also, you absolutely SHOULD be able to stall, you SHOULD be able to out play, you SHOULD be able to decide what is the best option via build path but also in the fight itself! That goes back to what I said before, People are OK with this role just being some mindless Right-Click dmg dealers as long as those champs can be farmed easily. Ppl are OK with certain things as long as it's to their benefit, that's why ADC is in the state it's in and ALSO why it's changing! Who made the rule that said a ADC just has to be some immobile free kill? Nobody! So this stigma that they have to fit into the box that you are presenting is already prejudice and biased! The role itself shouldn't be about picking some generic champ who "Does dmg as fast as your champ" That's not even rock-paper-scissor thats just poor design that's forced on ppl
floo (EUW)
: It's a lot of text so I'll conclude your stuff in 2 main points: * Being able to play, counters etc: I have to disagree. Marksmen are a class who should be able to carry a game, yes. But taking Kai'Sa as the best design is wrong. She has so many tools to evade and adapt to situations where others couldn't. That's what counters the ADC class. Being squishy and susceptible for burst damage. A situation where this wasn't the case, was ardent meta, where you'd have up to 4 people keeping you alive, just because it worked so well. Sure, it's horrible to play against a fed blue Kayn who just taps you 1s under tower and you're dead, but those are exceptions and not every game. I've played my fair share of adc games, I know how it feels. And even then, I also played enough in other roles to know how shit it feels to get auto'd for 800 from the edge of my screen. Why do I think those things are _acceptable_ (I don't think they should exist in their current form, but that's the damage problem in a whole, that's also the reason Kog is now trash tier)? Because countering those situations is an expression of skill. If you manage to deal with that Rengar who gets cocky and overcommits, it's like a virtual middle finger. Likewise bursting that Cait with her Yuumi sticking on her all game long feels incredibly rewarding, and it is. Why do I think Kai'Sa is a bad design? Because she does both of these things, with little counterplay. She dictates the fight. Before you get to catch her, she has to burn heal, flash, E _and_ R. It's insanely hard to fuck up on her. This also plays into viability. Why play Jhin who gets 1 tapped when out of position if you can just play Kai'sa and press your oops-button R. Not even Xayah has that level of safety. Tristana is to only other adc who I'd consider so safe. * ADC-design: (Almost) all of them are focussed on auto-attacking, the key differences being in what pattern, speed, range and dps. Kai'Sa can adapt to any situation and change ALL of those characteristics to her need. How are you going to have any difference in play if every ADC would become like Kai'Sa? Like I said, they need counterplay to NOT end up like her and be able to evade anything with little to no effort. Same goes for her damage distribution. Kog was meant to be _the_ hybrid damage dealer and since it's so hard to build against it, he's been made a sitting duck accordingly. Kai'Sa does his job but plays poke-/burst mage, assassin and adc all at once. While being mobile. And having more defensive itemization than anyone else other than tanks and bruisers. Also: SoloQ is, despite being most prominent, not what League should represent. Selfish people wanting to carry has lead to this damage heavy meta, which crowded out champions like Kog who rely on the help of others. Not the fact that his design is bad, just that he's team oriented. In a game of 5v5. But people want to be able to 1v9 from any position, so now we got that with safer, more reliable options. Mages in bot work because the bring more burst damage and quicker powerspikes. Most of them have even less safety options and rather more offensive/cc utilities.
to the Design point, it's not that I'm for everything being like Kai'sa it's that as a design giving players choice is something that I am personally saying is why her design is so good. For everything you guys list as pros you constantly forget that for 1 it's all conditional and for 2 it's still up to the player to respond; it's not a "I win button" and btw, kaisa is still vulnerable to all in, she just can deal with it a little better but lets make it clear that she can still be burst down. The design behind Kai'sa is good because it doesn't just give her things, you have to steadily progress to get those upgrades When you look at her kit it makes it so the ppl playing it can respond in a way they feel is best; rather than just pressing a button and auto win. Yeah she has a Shield but it also has a few conditions that have to be met before it can be used, it's not just "She has a shield whenever" (as a example), she has invis yes but you also have to get the items to actually get that invis to level it up, so it's not something she always has access to. So for example with builds, I could do something in my first 2 items to upgrade my Q ASAP, but then again maybe I need to deviate to a different item based on what i'm up against, that would also mean i would delay my Q and E upgrade until my 3rd or 4th item Zhonya's for example, if i take that 2nd that means i wouldn't be able to upgrade Q or E until at least my 3rd or 4th item, that's a pretty significant loss in DPS but does give extra survival, this is player choice that no other AD has the option for I'm not in favor of making copycat kits, I am in favor of the decision making that she provides. Now whether that is from some sort of utility or whatever, that's up to the devs. From a philosophical design, Kai'sa is the best ADC, not because she is popular or because of her winrate but because she provides a level of interaction that is exclusive to her. Giving choice is something the position generally doesn't have
: Supports right now?
the reason you see mages is because by design they have more damage early than most ADCs, so they can bully the lane and get kills also the reason why you see very specific mages and not "all" are because generally speaking support is the role now where champs that can't cut it solo lane go. So you look at Zyra and Brand (Btw Brand is the most volatile champ in the game, so he either feeds or pops off) and see they can't really play mid with the amount of all in jump every where Damage, but you put them bot and they do pretty well because generally speaking there won't be any one in the lane early who can match their dmg. I use to be a support main, honestly even as a ADC i'm still fine with mages there. Zyra is a bigger problem then Brand tbh but they both have strong damage for sure. I mean the champs should be playable and it's clear mid is just way too much for their immobile kits so i mean it's one of those things where it's like Where else can they even be played? I guess you could lock them in as the ADC which would be fine since their kits are more similar to a immobile adc's design.
floo (EUW)
: The problem with her design is she's too versatile. In a fight against her you have so little agency, since she has tools to deal with every situation: Burst you down in short range, poke and potentially follow from long range, reposition/disengage with instant dash/invis, item versatility for any opponent etc. If a champion is so versatile and kept viable, why play anything else that can't adapt to every fight and spontaneous mid-game.
but isn't that the same as every other newer champ that's come before and after? I mean I could bring up Vlad to illustrate but look at a champ like Kayn, no he isn't OP right? Yet he has tools to get on and stick onto basically anything he wants. I'm not complaining I'm saying that the Kit itself basically Counters anyone who cannot Peel for themselves. I'm saying that because if you play a Immobile Marksmen you are at the mercy of that Kayn and your Team mates, more than any other role or player in the game. If that Kayn gets 1 kill and decides to make your game miserable and you are playing something immobile you just can't play the game. I'd say Nocturne does something similar and he is older than kayn Many of the kits are designed to just blow up the ADC without any sort of reliable counter play and in soloQ that means bad times and frustrating games. Riot gave tools to deal with some scenario's that other ADCs (almost all) cannot deal with but they are almost all conditional and because of that it actually makes the champ pretty balanced. Why play anything else? Well tbh not everyone is trying to outplay, there are still plenty of ppl who only play Jinx or Cait or both. Kai'sa does have a very high play rate but because she has so much variance between pilots her kit that is so conditional (more than any other ADCs) is what keeps her in line. I will say very bluntly though, after a certain amount of time ALL ADCs should turn into the primary Carry / Win Condition. Also in that time almost everything the ADC has will eventually make you feel a little un-easy because of the damage that can be pumped out so quickly. Kai'sa is the evolution of Kog'maw imo, the reason why Kog can't be played in soloQ is the reason why Kai'sa can. Also if ppl were about "fairness" and "balance" they would want Kog to be in a more stable state, rather than a very poor performance and basically forgotten. A traditional ADC like kog who has huge weaknesses throughout the game and eventually turns into a 1 v 9 machine actually was worse for the game then a hybrid marksman like Kaisa. I'd say it's pretty polarizing when you look at it objectively. I know that just took a turn but i'm using Kog'maw and his immobile design as well as his past history and comparing the stigma between the 2. When Kog was meta ppl complained about dmg, even though he had / has a TON of weaknesses by design. Also the ppl who decided to play him, just couldn't play him anymore because in every role (including support) he just is too vulnerable and helpless, essentially a liability unless you had a very specific comp. Also, the game has evolved to the point where everyone wants to carry and everyone has tools to do it; Tanks are rare and peeling for the ADC is even more rare. The idea that a ADC should even have to take a champ like Kog into SoloQ (no offense to the kog maw players) when there won't be peel, there will be a ton of burst and it'll be a pain in the ass more than likely when the other team decides to look at you. I mean that is extremely unbalanced from a ADC perspective, so it's 'OK' for someone to lock in Vlad or Kayn or Zed or Nocturne (just a few by example) and proceed to shit on you for however long (especially if you are kog those assassins are gonna be super thirsty for you from the start) and you (A ADC) have no tools to actually deal with them at all outside of dmg which doesn't even turn on till like 30minutes+, it's ok for them to basically make it so you can't play the game but it's not ok for a champ that has a high skill ceiling, who has very real conditional abilities, it's not ok for that champ to exist so that you CAN actually play the game? I'd say it's pretty clear the biased against the ADC position in general if you look at it objectively and think that you should just get shit on just because your champ is a ADC with no outs or way to prevent it other than peel from team mates (SoloQ peel lul?), that's obvious that the problem isn't the Kai'sa but your expectation. It's flat out bullshit, That's also one of the reasons why ppl play Mages bot btw. All of these problems stem from the core design flaw of previous ADC / Marksmen.
Kenneky (EUW)
: A well designed champion should be played as the designer intended them to be played, even If It means building the same items every game. You can go for "off meta" builds they are not going to be viable. Champion like Kai'sa should not be allowed to build hybrid damage with such kit that has everything by little. She also shouldn't have everything by little and by that I mean having a long range poke, AS and MS boost, a dash with shiled and auto aim projectiles (her Q). Zhonya's is used mostly by mages to counter AD assassins or AD in general, she shouldn't be able to counter assassins since that's ADCs counter class. She also shouldn't be the best ADC since her release and still be the best, since she can build defensively in any aspect possible. If that's isn't a flaw in design I don't what else is...
Do you think that a ADC shouldn't be able to deal with the amount of All-in Burst dmg that is in the game? I would say handicapping ADC's so that they HAVE to be just blown up 'just cause' is actually pretty bad and much worse then enabling a ADC to essentially Outplay. I would also say that to deal with some things she still has to be piloted by someone who can pull off the outplay. That is actually the biggest reason, just because she HAS the potential to outplay doesn't mean the ppl piloting will consistently Outplay. She shouldn't be the best because? You don't like her being the best? That's not a very good premise. When a champ has a high skill variance and is "The best" that means imo that ppl enjoy playing her to the point where they put in the games to figure out how to consistently make those outplays. A lot of her Damage doesn't come from her W or Q but her passive, that's actually pretty huge part of her kit probably the most important but none of you are actually talking about that so I can only guess that you don't see why her passive is so important Even if her Q was nerfed, even if her W was nerfed she would still be a pretty solid Champ because of her passive damage. The Q is a fun ability for sure but it has a lot of drawbacks, so much so that it actually makes sense for it to be the way it is. A ADC should not just 'auto lose' though, which is what many of the previous AD's did, they made ppl feel absolutely helpless because they often had very little / no tools to deal with the crazy amounts of all-in burst damage that comes from every role. It really doesn't make sense that ppl would even be ok with keeping tools to handle the evolution of the game away from the role.
Kenneky (EUW)
: I would say someone like {{champion:202}} or even {{champion:412}} are better designed. The thing about them is that they have weaknesses and can't abuse items such as {{item:3157}} or even {{item:3115}} . If she was well designed, why is she allowed to buy Zhonya's as an ADC an put out massive damage regardless?
you didn't see my reply to someone but i did say Jhin (despite me only playing him once) is probably the 2nd best overall design. I would say Thresh has a tad bit too high a learning curve to be considered; not that having higher skill champs is bad but in terms of just being able to hop into a game and do stuff thresh is a bit on the intense side so even though his kit is always good it takes a lot more practice and it has a lot higher variance from games played. As for the Zhonya's, I mean I think that actually adds to her versatility and good design. Being able to play different items and not be dramatically gimped, and she is a ADC btw so she is SUPPOSE to do massive dmg! More ADC's should be able to branch out into other items instead of (like i said in a previous reply) always buying the same items for champs that are suppose to be different from one another, and always taking the same runes..That isn't good design when you can literally play Jinx/Cait/Trist/Sivir and literally build the same items in the same order and it's all good. I'm not disrespecting those champs but if they were designed better you would see more diversity in how things are built or in what order but instead it's "What does most DPS on them" and because their kits have been pigeonholed into building the same items (by design) they cannot really ever be considered as good design. Cait meybe, just maybe because her kit is slightly more versatile but her build is still roughly the same. A well designed champ should be able to adapt and change their build or runes without losing anything that way the player can always make the choice to build what they think is best. When player choice no longer comes into play then that's a sign that the kit is/maybe needing some help. Just my opinion on that
Dynikus (NA)
: if _every_ champion were as overloaded as she is, she would be well designed. The problem is she's too versatile, and it makes it where there's little reason to play anything else.
i 100% agree and I think that's really what I'm looking at. I mean the game is 10 years old, some kits have held up better than others and going forward with the Game I would rather see kits that are versatile, a blend of things to give more depth to a otherwise boring role. I'm looking at it like if every new champion from here on is at least half way thought out like how Kaisa is, then it should mean a good champ almost every time. Experimentation / Freedom of Builds is something that Riot is really starting to focus on and looking at a few before her and the few after her it looks like Riot is really trying to develop champs that are expressive with how they play but also what items can be built; that means a lot considering the standard IE + Zeal Items + GA+ LordDom/Mortal reminder is really lame, it makes every crit marksmen feel essentially the same and Riot looks like they've recognized and are actively doing things about it. The Fun factor is why kaisa gets played a lot, sure she does dmg but she is also really fast and has outplay potential, it's kinda like the same reason ppl like lucian he is just more fun then most of the generic ADC's I would say most champs are actually pretty overloaded now to the point where if a kit isn't overloaded then it is basically underpowered (unless the numbers are greatly in their favor) so the idea that somehow Kai'sa has a kit Dramatically more overloaded then others is a bit of a stretch, I mean there are a lot of kits in all roles that have a ton of stuff going on. p.s. Even though I have only played Jhin once ever, I would say he is probably the 2nd best Design over the past few years.
Rioter Comments
: No way. The fact that he can 1v5 from stealth from mid game onwards is more than enough justification that he needs no buffs. If he gets this kind of utility he'll practically have no real weakness since his only real counter is mobility to either get to him to kill him before he kills you or to get away from him as soon as possible to clear his R/E range to avoid dying. I've been Bronze for years and even I know about this...
Twitch only becomes that 1v5 carry (that you suggested) after around 40minutes + in SoloQ, so that means he isn't too reliable to actually do what it is you are afraid of. He is actually less reliable than almost every other ADC in lane consistently. When you look at his kit there are obvious things that can be done to help him, for example increasing the CD of his Ambush, or just simply decreasing how long he can be in stealth. Twitch is currently bottom tier ADC so the idea of hyperbole that somehow giving him a Grounding utility breaks him is pretty unrealistic considering he has a lot of mana problems and still has really long CDs. He has plenty of weakness, 1) Lane phase is pretty weak, often he loses very badly to almost anything, 2) vulnerable to allin, fact is twitch is good at surprising ppl but the moment you all in on him he only has 1 escape which is flash, 3) takes forever to come online (4items+ generally speaking), 4) comp specific, meaning he is similar to kog'maw, where you need a really specific sort of team environment to consistently carry from Bot. There are plenty of reasons why Twitch needs some QoL, it's not really great having a champ like this be bottom tier for years now in the Bot lane without any real help. So the discussion isn't really about why you are afraid but more so what could hypothetically help a champ like this? If you really think his W is that strong then I would say you should play him and see that he doesn't spam out abilities and his early mana pool as well as his CDs are really high cost, as well as really long CDs. Twitch is already handicapped for 35 minutes just because he has a stealth, yet when he was at his best it was because there weren't many (if any) ADC's with stealth and now we have more who have it and more who can consistently do more with less as well as being more reliable. seriously, no hyperbole bs plz. Vayne and Kaisa DO exist, they both have stealth, they both literally can 1 v5 earlier and easier and they have more mobility as (in vayne's case) has CC. Lets not go talking about Twitch like he is some God Tier ADC or can't be stopped (lol?) because we all know that isn't true. Senna also has more Mobility, more CC and she has a ability that puts everyone in a Shroud as well as bonus movespeed and just way more utility than Twitch and btw just fyi, she has a higher pick rate and a higher win rate then twitch. So basically lets be realistic and quit with the "OMg if you do that it'd be too broken", it's grounding..Is Singed busted because of it? No, is Cass? No, Cass is busted because of Conq just so we are clear
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Mr Sa1nt (NA)
: Double Jungle? Support Changes, and The Jungle
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Sa1nt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Lks3uu2E,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-23T09:05:21.925+0000) > > Just theory crafting here...but with the changes to support gold income, and that you can now get to level 3 on both sides of the jungle, wouldn't it just be better to have two junglers? > > One could be invading, one could be ganking. It's not like the extra jungler would fall behind in gold/exp that much, they are already losing income being a support as it is. The only difference is, the current junglers would get a little bit punished because they couldn't do "full clears"...which isn't really actively participating in teamplay anyways. At least though, both junglers could do counter jungling, both can synergize ganks. Even with all that, the secondary jungler could still prioritize bot lane as its "home", in between any camps. > > With dragons being more valuable, double smite is even better as well. > > Unfortunately, Riot is totally against ideas like this(although I'm sure they will tell you they disagree). They only want to enforce specific metas("role" selection, support specific items, jungle specific items(coupled with loss of exp if you don't buy them or take smite)), but they will constantly change things in the game that would impact the overall meta. They aren't very keen on opening up strategy anymore. I think it's an idea that could work, or maybe have another layer for the support where they support for a bit and then instead of just roaming mid they go and do jg somewhere or whatever and gank. Essentially Bot lane / support has already evolved into a secondary ganker and i guess if the ppl worked on it it's quite possible that someone could formulate the most effective camps to go to at the most optimal time. I think it'd make the game a lot more frantic at times though and there would probably need to be a more elaborate way of communication and planning imo; because with a support that would also need to coordinate with the jg about camps and stuff it'd be tough to do all of this with the current system of pings. Maybe ways to flag a camp you will be going to in a certain time frame. like a ping that says "Be there in 10 sec" or something "On my way in 1 min" and then pre-planning for invades needs something like that too that way everyone can plan ahead before hand
: meh sets are whatever... everthing is overtuned anyway
oookie dookie Mr. Glass Half Empty, Good Day
: wait till riot starts balancing stuff in a few months.. the meta will slowly shift hard like it did in tft set 1
geez man, super pessimistic outlook even after they basically took all the communities advice and did a ton of work on this set. It won't ever be perfect but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate it for what it is
Rioter Comments
: Any chance of a Ziggs rework in the near future? :thinking:
good question, that champ is forgotten but tbh i didn't look up his stats before i posted this. i cringe every time that champ is locked (unless it's on the enemy team, then i'm like GGEZ)
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=5AflfqJW,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-17T03:44:17.443+0000) > > right so this is completely off the mark of what i was talking about. You guys don't understand at all Well I i will actually talk about the topic of your thread now, swarm isnt op while poison exists in the game. They can think about nerfing summoners whent they nerf the op poision that also counters it.
once again someone who doesn't actually read. It's not that it's OP compared to anything; it's that the overall strength and consistency is too easy and too strong for low risk. Lemme break this down again since you ppl don't actually understand how to comprehend. When you look at Malz and Zyra Both Low Cost and Plentiful and they both have really strong Tiers with Shadow and Inferno Respectively. That means getting either of these (or both) means easy transitions into the mid game and possibly late. There is no downside in taking either of these, they splash into almost any major tier and the only way you could ever side or upgrade is when you have great RNG in your favor. Take for example Poison as you said is strong, that's not a debate, the fact is to actually make a team of Poison you need to have a lot of luck or you better be econ efficient because a lot of those champs are higher cost and as such there are just quite frankly fewer. Now you could end a game with Half a poison team and never get it started considering Singed is a big part of making it work; Mundo is great and I love that champ overall but it's still way risky to go for that With Summoner Swarm it is literally 0 risk, If there is Malzahar or Zyra in opening Carousel you GO FOR IT flat out and if there are Zyra's or Malzahar's you go for it! You have no downside in sitting on these champs and even when you only have them at their base and not upgraded yet they are actually really strong when they get their summons out. So early game they are priority Mid Game, it's simple you just stock pile either infernos or shadows unless the RNG is like literally forcing you to take any thing else; splash in a couple Wardens and then late you either wait for a Kindred or you move to whatever has been forced on you but still keeping the Core of the Swarm until either the other stuff reach lv 3 or you get things that are just blatantly OP. Either way you just sit on those (1 or both) and build on it, they can literally carry you to the Top 3-4 so consistently it actually makes the game pretty un-fun. The only times you won't is when obviously things like other ppl just get ridiculous items or a ton of lv 3's via hyper rolling or just lucky RNG. Poison is good for sure but it's way less consistent and reliable, this is why instead of talking about things that are obviously suppose to be good mid / late (like poison for example) i'm talking about something that Is Really Good Early, REally Good Mid and just Good Late but it's super stable, has great synergy with a lot of power picks and also has room to pivot really easily. When you look at all of that; the point becomes that those 2 in particular are a little TOO powerful because of the stability and ease of execution. I feel like I am telling the same thing to the same ppl who still don't understand. You remember in Set 1 where ppl figured out how simple certain synergy's work with how powerful they are like how Void/Assassins was really good for awhile because most of those are cheap/plentiful and just strong overall; That is essentially what Summoners are; they are cheap, fast, easy and can get you consistency. That doesn't mean there aren't traits or champs that are stronger but the risk vs reward is the thing you gotta look at! If i invest in Summoners I know i have a super easy and consistent build path almost every game even when i get weird draws I can still splash malz or zyra and shore up whatever it is i was given and eventually the same core concept develops.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Swarm? I think you mean Summoner.
Swarm is another word for it all. If you play any other TCGs or anything you'd know
FireDrizzle (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=PhearBunny,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=5AflfqJW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-16T15:56:50.950+0000) > > Azir is fine. > Malz and Zyra are only carries if they get Mage Spatulas and a 3/6 or 6/6 Mage bonus along with either 3/6 Summoner or 6/6 summoner. > Otherwise they arent that big of a deal. > > The truely broken things are Singed, Olaf, Lux, and Zed. > Kindred, Yi, and Mundo after that. > and thennn things like Malz, and Annie. > and thennnnnnn Zyra because her being strong requires certain stars to align.(Mage spatula+Spear of Shojin+Archangels/or another spear. Kindred is only 3 cost so she belongs in the truly broken list, 3 synergies despite being cost 3 and her ludens abuse is more effective than Lucian's in set 1.
right so this is completely off the mark of what i was talking about. You guys don't understand at all
: Azir is fine. Malz and Zyra are only carries if they get Mage Spatulas and a 3/6 or 6/6 Mage bonus along with either 3/6 Summoner or 6/6 summoner. Otherwise they arent that big of a deal. The truely broken things are Singed, Olaf, Lux, and Zed. Kindred, Yi, and Mundo after that. and thennn things like Malz, and Annie. and thennnnnnn Zyra because her being strong requires certain stars to align.(Mage spatula+Spear of Shojin+Archangels/or another spear.
> [{quoted}](name=PhearBunny,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=5AflfqJW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-16T15:56:50.950+0000) > > Azir is fine. > Malz and Zyra are only carries if they get Mage Spatulas and a 3/6 or 6/6 Mage bonus along with either 3/6 Summoner or 6/6 summoner. > Otherwise they arent that big of a deal. > > The truely broken things are Singed, Olaf, Lux, and Zed. > Kindred, Yi, and Mundo after that. > and thennn things like Malz, and Annie. > and thennnnnnn Zyra because her being strong requires certain stars to align.(Mage spatula+Spear of Shojin+Archangels/or another spear. i'm not debating that there are things stronger, like i said (if you read the post) it's not that the Swarm is somehow insanely strong to where you auto win, IF you actually read what I wrote you would understand that pretty simply that the 2 Main Summoners of Zyra and Malz are too strong for their Cost, the power they have as being 1 cost and 2 cost is pretty insane and if you don't agree then i would say you aren't looking at it the right way. Olaf is quite possibly the most OP champ in TFT and this isn't about how strong the most broken champs are. What I'm speaking to is the ease, the reliability and the overall strength of Swarm with the 2 main users of Malzahar and Zyra. Azir at his current cost is actually the weaker of the 3 considering there are going to be less of him, less synergy with other traits (desert is meh) and also with the bang for your buck factor. When you talk about Early and Mid transition these 2 Champs (some extent Annie but that's a bit different) are just too strong for how simple it is to Upgrade them as well as the Synergy with other Traits for example Shadow and Inferno are both very good on their own but getting both means if you just toss a kindred in you have a very insane late game pivot without having to get either to level 3; so even if you do get shafted by RNG you can still use those same 1 cost and 2 cost champs to get to a place where you can compete without having to change much. This is actually pretty huge overall because although there are champs that can be said "Are Stronger", there really isn't anything quite as easy to execute. So yeah, obviously either you didn't read what I wrote in the original post or you just flat out misunderstood it, either way this post isn't about comparing 1 champ to another but rather the ease and consistency that some of the champs have make them too strong for how simple the are. I mean i don't understand how you even misunderstood what I wrote considering the 1st paragraphs topic sentence is literally my entire premise "Too good too early and too consistent for the cost" literally that's all there is to it
Rioter Comments
floons (NA)
: Advice for a new League Player
i would say it really depends on what you want. It can be a little intimidating at first starting out. What i would say is work on Last hitting with your preferred role and whatever champ you currently enjoy the most, only play that champ for now. It's kinda like building blocks, start with a good foundation and then you can learn other things but for now just work on learning how to last hit and get steady gold early, then you can learn how to trade / harass and when and also (if you are ADC) you should look into how to Attack-Move if you don't already know how to do that (https://youtu.be/56oan7GNopQ) that is just 1 guide but there are a lot of ADC guides that talk about how to attack move and things. I would recommend learning this early as well tbh because if you can do this now and work on it, then learning other ADCs will be so much easier since most of them (not all) do dmg by auto attacking. Dont worry about buying a lot of champs early, work on those small things like CS, Attack Move and how to Harass / Trade, especially in bots! When those games are insanely easy thats when you could look towards blind or draft pick to play vs other players. Trust me when i say some of those bots early on seem super tough but it teaches you about the champs and how they have different times in the game when they are strong and also teaches you when you are strong with your champ. Attack Move took me awhile to learn tbh maybe you already know how to do it but i would say flat out that movement and positioning (in your role with your champ) is probably the 2nd most important thing to work on as a new player while CS / Last hitting would be the first. Get super super confident and comfortable with your champs and roles and then you can slowly add another champ to learn to your pool. Also some champs have similar playstyles especially as ADC so for instance if you learn Caitlyn, then naturally I would say the next champ to learn should be Jinx; they are different but they have kits that are similar enough to make learning the other a little easier (i suck with both tho). If you learn Xayah I personally think Sivir is a good side champ to learn or vice versa, not because they play exactly the same but because their ranges and how they want to use certain abilities weaved in with autos kinda helps. To practice CS just go into a Practice game and all you do is just practice last hitting minions and after 10 min you see how much you got. So if at 10 min you had 10 cs per min well that is really great, that's pro / challenger level cs, if at 10 min you had 8 cs per min thats still very good same with 7 cs per min it's not bad or anything. Just keep doing that till you get a nice consistently high CS, then you can add a bot and practice laning against that to just work on CS vs the AI and still try and keep that 7+ cs per min. Anything under 60 cs @ 10min with no AI; i would say you need to exit and restart over and over until you get around that mark.
: If its double mage you get a maw first.
> [{quoted}](name=WalkingInACircle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FUj7936Y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-14T04:17:33.385+0000) > > If its double mage you get a maw first. nullifying orb in your 2ndary runes instead, that way you can just buy normal for the first 2 items
: i got permabanned and i dont know if i deserve it or not
yeah man if you were already punished with the chat restrict and the 14 day ban then perma is the next one. if you were toxic even after those then really there's nothing to say other than you are gonna have to make a new account. i'd look at what you said in the last game(s) but for me when I got perma-banned it was really not deserved and a GM looked at my ticket, told me something like "Well all you said was 'we lost top because of you, we should ff'" he told me I should be careful about blaming and that it can in some cases be 'toxic' personally i disagreed but on some level that GM decided to un-perma my account because the behavior really wasn't worthy of a ban and I also made sure to just not talk to ppl anymore in chat tbh I would say if you don't have some valid reason for this last time you were reported, it's prolly not gonna un-ban your account because they are actually really strict about this. Learn from it though, don't be the guy with 20 accounts that have been banned; just whenever you get that urge to flame ppl just don't, or type in gibberish like jkvhbahiouwha4eiwou that actually helps me when i'm so frustrated. As far as the "Oh but i was hacked" that prolly won't work man. Otherwise nobody would have to ever be responsible for what was said on their accounts because ppl would just say "Oh but i was hacked"
: Can Nami go mid? (Also, what other supports can?)
Sona is prolly the one you are looking for (or lux obv); she scales fairly decent and has some good utility and decent kill pressure early. There was a girl that was a One Trick (no idea if she still plays) Sona who got Challenger playing nothing but Sona Mid but that was maybe 2-3 years ago? I have no idea about Raka or Nami tbh, I play Nami occasionally as well as Janna and they have kits that are good for poke and everything but they are really easy to all-in, so it would have to be based on the matchup. Oh i almost forgot but Lulu is also a Support / Enchanter that at one time was a really solid Mid Laner, she can be built on-hit and really she can be tough for ppl to deal with. Obv Zilean can be mid but I think you are looking for champs who are more frequently picked as Support only. Sona/Lulu/Zilean/Lux and you already mentioned Morgana. I've seen ppl build Raka Onhit and it is really hit and miss, i wouldn't say it's something you should bet on. I haven't seen Raka build full AP tho so idk maybe that works better / more consistent?
: Just reached Lv 30 and played 3 ranked macthes. Can I get some tips?
so the difference between ranked and norms is that in norms many times ppl are playing things for the first time or just screwing around. Many times in Ranked you will face ppl who have played literally only 1 champ for hundreds if not thousands of games! Even if they play 3-4 champs they will only play those champs and because of that they know matchups much better than someone who has played a champ a handful of times in norms. They've also experienced how to win with those champs and the weaknesses and strengths in matchups as well as just being more refined with how to play the champ as well as how to play around the map. Ranked is serious for many players, so much so that before many of us step foot in ranked we try and have a certain level of proficiency, generally speaking I only play a few champs in a specific role but I only add them to my champ pool when I have achieved Mastery 7 as well as consistently winning in Norms with that champ. Some folks don't take norms as training/practice and to each their own, I use norms to track my progress in development because if I cannot consistently win in Norms with a champ then there is literally very little chance for me to actually win in Ranked with it. Although Mastery of a champ doesn't mean "skill", on some level it can be used to track how effective you play that champ. For example if it takes you around 200k mastery to finally reach level 7 on that champ then honestly you maybe need to find a new champ to play in ranked. Ofc there are variables like learning the lane and things like that but generally speaking under 100k or even 80k to reach mastery 7 thats just my opinion thought. Also i look on op.gg to track my stats and kda in norms, so if i am consistently getting MVP / ACE and have a good CS and KDA with that champ then I know i'm prolly close to being ready to take it into ranked; if i am super inconsistent with it like winning 1 out of 4 games or something then I would look on mobalytics and see where it is i'm needing to improve. Those are just learning the champ, there are many other things that you need to learn in ranked as well like Macro which are simply plays around the map / objective control. There are a lot of videos that can help you develop but yes you are right there is a very large difference between norms and ranked. Don't pick champs you've never played before because ppl take ranked much more seriously, this is how many measure their skill and growth so having consistency in team mates really matters. Hopefully this motivates you and doesn't discourage you.
koshkyra (NA)
: Riot is sacrificing the identity of the support role to make it more “fun” and appealing.
{{champion:350}} ? What's your thoughts on that dog shit champ?
: Micro or Macro?
how open to direction are they hypothetically? even if they are horrible with macro, they can still follow directions / shot calls if they are horrible with micro, having great rotations and warding will only go so far
HoloFate (NA)
: Noob Friendly Top Lane Champs?
{{champion:74}} is probably what i'd recommend. He does really well in almost any role and although some of his tactics with R take some time to get use to, just using Q and W to poke ppl down is generally enough to start {{champion:83}} ok so yorick is actually super simple, you last hit with Q and then raise some Ghouls and hit a E and let them do work. I played this champ top for awhile as a one trick, just make sure you ban Jax. Yorick is especially easy once he gets lv 6, he perma-pushes the lane though so learning how and when to do that is really all you need and maybe some W placement but really he has a simple kit and is kind of a weird hyrbid of melee and ranged to some extent and if i recommend yorick I have to recommend the champ that takes what yorick does to the next level {{champion:90}} malz isn't super strong early, you just get some cs and take TP, back get a tear or something and then you just widdle down the ppl until you can E-W-R Malz is kinda similar to both Yorick and Heimer in that you can pick up kills without having to actually be mechanically gifted. Literally when it gets late game and you are putting E's out there it just jumps to ppl and you can get kills super easily. Ofc malz early game is much weaker than both heimer and yorick so the drawback is you have to just know the range of whoever you are against. Also Cs'ing with Malz early is really bad too lol but he is honestly the most effective in low elo imo because once he gets items he can almost just afk fight ppl and his ulti is actually really good late as well There are some bad matchups with all of these champs though, namely Nasus / Mordekaiser / Jax and Fiora; to some extent akali as well although you don't get her too often in soloQ she is also more skill expressive so it isn't as difficult Anyways I hope that helps, Gnar isn't the worse choice for her although you have to play him super aggro early and if she isn't catching onto that then it's best to just give champs that auto-aggro. p.s. Although I was a Yorick otp for awhile I still started with {{champion:10}} and although she isn't the same as when I played her, I think she gives a very simplistic kit but has a little more depth than it use to. She isn't super hard mechanically or anything and just playing her can get you wins because of how strong her kit becomes. Even if you suck for 15-20min, as long as you don't feed too much or give TOO much over to the other team you eventually become a hyper carry that is very very difficult to deal with; more so than any of the others I recommended. She is probably quietly the best champ still for a new player to learn and one trick even with all the changes to her kit
: > [{quoted}](name=CurS1VE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KTvBbBRX,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-11T16:56:32.782+0000) > > hmmm well then what is the answer? saying they aren't linked doesn't actually answer my question. I'm specifically asking do all Alts (or even new accounts in general) get placed in Norms of G1-P4? > > When you say "no" that doesn't actually answer the question either because if the answer is no then the question becomes why would my alt be placed in it? > > How does MMR work for ALT accounts? Or is G1-P4 just the default MMR for anyone regardless if it a alt or not provided they haven't done placements that is just the mmr where all accounts who haven't done placements go? > > I know years ago ppl said Silver 2 was "average" maybe the "average" MMR isn't S2 anymore but G1? IDK that's why i'm asking There's no such thing as a rank equivalent for normal MMR. All normal has is its own, separate MMR. If you're facing higher-ranked people on your alt account than your main, it means your alt account's normal MMR is higher. Alt accounts aren't given higher MMRs. They are flagged as alts while leveling, but that no longer matters after hitting level 30.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KTvBbBRX,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-11-11T17:18:40.642+0000) > > There's no such thing as a rank equivalent for normal MMR. All normal has is its own, separate MMR. If you're facing higher-ranked people on your alt account than your main, it means your alt account's normal MMR is higher. Alt accounts aren't given higher MMRs. They are flagged as alts while leveling, but that no longer matters after hitting level 30. so you seem to know a lot about this, where can I find my 'Normal MMR'?
: Normal MMR and ranked MMR are not linked in any way at all. And to answer your question, no.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkdemon653,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KTvBbBRX,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-11T16:50:36.160+0000) > > Normal MMR and ranked MMR are not linked in any way at all. > > And to answer your question, no. hmmm well then what is the answer? saying they aren't linked doesn't actually answer my question. I'm specifically asking do all Alts (or even new accounts in general) get placed in Norms of G1-P4? When you say "no" that doesn't actually answer the question either because if the answer is no then the question becomes why would my alt be placed in it? How does MMR work for ALT accounts? Or is G1-P4 just the default MMR for anyone regardless if it a alt or not provided they haven't done placements that is just the mmr where all accounts who haven't done placements go? I know years ago ppl said Silver 2 was "average" maybe the "average" MMR isn't S2 anymore but G1? IDK that's why i'm asking
: Likely has to do with MMR from pre-level 30 games.
> [{quoted}](name=Skia Asteri,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KTvBbBRX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-11T16:42:49.193+0000) > > Likely has to do with MMR from pre-level 30 games. my alt is lv 35 now though. Does the match making go down after certain levels?
: seems thats where placement matches take place now.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KTvBbBRX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-11T16:29:44.700+0000) > > seems thats where placement matches take place now. oh wow, hmmm ok thanks a lot
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: define "feeding"?
so here's what i would say is general rule. Making really really dumb decisions like for example 1 v 5 when you are already behind. Literally seeing ppl on the map who are WAY ahead or have numbers and you just going after them. That imo is feeding; you are deliberately going into a situation with 0% chance of it working out in your favor. Ppl feed all the time tbh, they just don't admit it. Or the best is when you are just in lane and you are low and you walk way too far or you just decide to greed and not back. Now 1 time is like ok mistakes happen but if you continuously do that over and over again you are feeding because you know you are low, you know they have way more hp than you (even without jg presence); there is literally no reason to stay or to push up and if you are doing it multiple times and dying for it then you are feeding.
Rioter Comments
: Oh yeah like we really need more people complaining about what people say on the forums....They already have tons of people complaining on Reddit they don't need more here. Instead of complaining about what people say you should just be the change you want to see instead. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Show more

CurS1VE

Level 204 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion