FF or QQ (NA)
: Annual Reminder
Don't bother bro. This board and the players on it just want to hold hands, talk about how bad the MEAN EVIL TROLLS ARE, and be smug about how much better than can turn the other cheek than you. P.S. Normal, especially leveling is 10000% toxic. Because it is nothing but trolls releveling new accounts, smurfs, and peopel who get banned.
: Add ability to report trolls in champ select
I dont think this will ever be a thing because of the massive increase in the number of reports you would see. Riot is fine with you "dodging" instead.
Nasarie (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CurrentBanTallyV,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yjljeuVG,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-03-22T18:41:18.177+0000) > > I will now rank your chat according to the standards of the board (which are totally realistic and not totally overkill). > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Accusing others of bad play (instant ban) > > Insulting the handicapped (instant ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Encouraging reporting (14 day ban) > > Threatening to afk (instant ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Encouraging reporting (14 day ban) > > Admitting to trolling (instant ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Admitting to trolling (instant ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Admitting to trolling (instant ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Encouraging reporting (14 day ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Profanity (14 day ban) > > Ban him and everyone he knows. Ahahahahahaha you're so funny must a took you an entire 60 secs to come up with that.
> [{quoted}](name=Nasarie,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yjljeuVG,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-03-22T19:58:36.851+0000) > > Ahahahahahaha you're so funny must a took you an entire 60 secs to come up with that. Sorry that it took you longer to think of it!
: i feel like i was punished far more then i should have been
I will now rank your chat according to the standards of the board (which are totally realistic and not totally overkill). > [{quoted}](name=mooshroomdragon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yjljeuVG,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-22T18:00:16.510+0000) > > Game 1 > Pre-Game > mooshroomdragon: ffs another kayel Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: i have never met a kale who didg to 0/8 by 20 mins Accusing others of bad play (instant ban) > mooshroomdragon: just dont hard int pls > In-Game > mooshroomdragon: not my falt bu k > mooshroomdragon: your just blind xD Insulting the handicapped (instant ban) > mooshroomdragon: xD > mooshroomdragon: k thats why lux blew your ass up Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: ya just gona report Encouraging reporting (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: ult > mooshroomdragon: k > mooshroomdragon: just leing now > mooshroomdragon: vlads a free kill no sums no ult > mooshroomdragon: k > mooshroomdragon: afking Threatening to afk (instant ban) > mooshroomdragon: not going to deal with this shit Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: you lieing and being a toxic shit Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: what the fuck is with this team Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: report kayle toxicity Encouraging reporting (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: just stop flaming and being toxic > mooshroomdragon: and i will Admitting to trolling (instant ban) > mooshroomdragon: kayle wtf does tht even mean Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: i will if you stop being toxic :D Admitting to trolling (instant ban) > mooshroomdragon: crazy idea > mooshroomdragon: wtf is your problem Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: your the one whos trash talking though > mooshroomdragon: you litterly just described your self > mooshroomdragon: holy shit get a fucking mirror Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: xD > mooshroomdragon: this kayle > mooshroomdragon: you could have keeped your mouth shut also > mooshroomdragon: na probobly not > mooshroomdragon: you kind of borght this on your self > mooshroomdragon: xD > mooshroomdragon: all i ask is you stop being toxic if not we will lose > mooshroomdragon: she is inting now though > mooshroomdragon: she also flamed all game > mooshroomdragon: non stop > mooshroomdragon: xD > mooshroomdragon: all you had to do was sotp but no Admitting to trolling (instant ban) > mooshroomdragon: i didnt flame > mooshroomdragon: you can check my logs > mooshroomdragon: k > mooshroomdragon: so toxic Profanity (14 day ban) > Post-Game > mooshroomdragon: report kayle verbale abuse and hate speach Encouraging reporting (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: other then that gg > mooshroomdragon: xD > mooshroomdragon: holy shti your mad Profanity (14 day ban) > mooshroomdragon: man im laghing my ass of Profanity (14 day ban) Ban him and everyone he knows.
: Why should I stay in game where someone flamed and trolled me?
Because then riot would have to admit this system is ridiculous and does nothing but hold good players hostage and change it, but they wont because: 1. They dont really care that much 2. The only people who get upvoted are people who are on here encouraging people to "dont rise to trolls! turn the other cheek you guys! the system works". Which gives a false impression. 3. It would cost something to fix, and they make money on the 5 trolls who buy a skin then get rebanned. And doing nothing is free.
: How to win games using chat
Its easier to win by making the enemy team turn on themselves. Like if the support dies, but the adc lives say something like "Wow.... your adc just hung you out to dry..." If a lane isnt getting ganks "Wow, your jungle hates ____ huh?". Won MANY a game after the 'wronged' player inted or afked to punish his team after I sided with them.
: Accounts and Bans.
Oh yeah. Pre30 is nothing but trollls with new accounts and smurfs. Its the worst intro experience you could make. Not sure what riot is thinking.
: Your punishment tier will degrade over games played with good behavior. You will eventually be considered a pristine account, if you avoid punishable behavior. It takes around 3 to 6 months of regular playing with good behavior to drop one punishment tier. You won't earn a permaban 20 years later. The punishment tiers are: Pristine Account 10 Game Chat Restriction 25 Game Chat Restriction 14 Day Ban Permanent Ban
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Gravity,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4aGRJGbE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-20T03:00:11.017+0000) > > Your punishment tier will degrade over games played with good behavior. You will eventually be considered a pristine account, if you avoid punishable behavior. > > It takes around 3 to 6 months of regular playing with good behavior to drop one punishment tier. You won't earn a permaban 20 years later. > > The punishment tiers are: > > Pristine Account > 10 Game Chat Restriction > 25 Game Chat Restriction > 14 Day Ban > Permanent Ban Just level a new account. It's faster, you start honor rank higher, and you dont have to be a "good boy".
: Post game trash talk and report
People die everyday in disasters everyday. Stop rising to the bait and they will stop using it.
rujitra (NA)
: You do not get to decide who is a troll or not, Riot does. Given that they do not make this determination in real time, your game does not have trolls in it at the time you are playing it. You cannot leave a game and inconvenience **any** other players. Period.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QAseTtrL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-20T05:38:56.118+0000) > > You do not get to decide who is a troll or not, Riot does. Given that they do not make this determination in real time, your game does not have trolls in it at the time you are playing it. > > You cannot leave a game and inconvenience **any** other players. Period. Just turn the other cheek bro! But just make sure you dont leave, or afk, or talk back, or be slightly hostile; because then you are just as bad as them you monster. Just clench your fists in rage because you cant do anything as the trolls laugh and laugh and laugh. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} System works!
Quatster (NA)
: Is it punishable to leave/afk a game with trolls?
Yes it is. You will get punished. Another reason the current system makes trolling so easy.
rujitra (NA)
: I'm sorry this is blatantly false. Trolling is absolutely prohibited. One confirmed instance of trolling is an instant 14 day ban. The issue is that sometimes it is not as obvious as people like OP seem to think it is from a neutral eye.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=wjLLszn6,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-03-20T01:54:55.511+0000) > > I'm sorry this is blatantly false. Trolling is absolutely prohibited. One confirmed instance of trolling is an instant 14 day ban. > > The issue is that sometimes it is not as obvious as people like OP seem to think it is from a neutral eye. Psssht the issue is the "confirmation time". You know how many games you can troll in a row before it "catchs up to you"?
: Is there a way to lift a perma-ban
Nope you were banned for a reason. And your entire original post is bullshit. 0/10.
: Why is it people keep claiming that the automated reporting system works?
It works for bad language (it auto finds some words and bans instantly). Intentional feeding is harder to prove and takes a while. If you use racial language, you might make it 2 games before a ban. intent feeding? Sky is the limit (my record is 79 games of 10% winrate "jhin support" before a ban).
: Toxic Disgusting people And Getting leaverbuster for freaking Wifi Purposes
> [{quoted}](name=BlackSonar,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0YYAa8kZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-15T13:16:29.907+0000) > > So yesterday i was** stupid and inconsiderate and **played a game with Orianna I went 0/6/7 cause choose to play a game while **on wifi which was really dumb of me for a solo lane**. ...what makes me mad is that the previous GAMES!!! I didn't Lag but in that game all of a sudden I lag** plus A teamate who was annoyed that i suck at computers**.. I Kept pinging my MS **instead of doing anything constructive like fixing it** and you wanna know what a** harassed and annoyed teammate **summoner told me... he **correctly **said give us all a break and uninstall the game and i **once again did nothing productive** he was **extremely correct in saying **like well your gonna get a really big penalty So he was telling everybody to report me for Afk **because I was totally afk the whole time**... one thing .. **Bunch of stuff that doesnt matter**. and **am seriously so bad at computers** i sent a ticket on my wifi situation a while ago the specialist** because I wasnt satisfied wasting just my teams time** told me to wait it out but this account is **Seriously telling the truth** right ive never been bullied in real life **so i dont know what im talking about **i shouldn't have to get bullied on a game which people think they cant get caught....cause literally **want to top everything I have said so far with the dumbest thing said on this board in a while by saying** I really would like to press charges on this person like real talk.. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/38144509.. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/39081091.. > https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/39562517 these are all my tickets **That no one can see so I am wasting all YOUR time too** on my behalf which came from other dates and previous dates...thank you** for not reading this** riot i hope you can get back to me on my behalf and not make a huge riot about the situation** i just think I matter more than others and** don't believe i should be getting leaverbuster for 20minutes cause a toxic person reported me **Even though leavebuster is automatically done and has nothing to do with reports. ** I corrected your statement. Feel free to copy paste.
: Guy making fun of New Zealand incident.
People like you are why good trolling is so underrated. You fell for THAT? It was THAT easy for that guy?
: An Open Letter to Riot Games Regarding Player Behavior
The issue is, and continues to be that the only people who are being listened to or who post on this thread regularly are people who are not toxic. They dont know why people are toxic, they don't know what toxicity is half the time, and they are VERY not interested in solutions. They see people getting banned, and they know THEY would never be toxic... so we just need to encourage people! Lets hold hands and talk about how toxicity HURTS you as much as it hurts trolls! Look how good we are! I could not have CREATED a system on purpose that would be as good for trolling as riot has done accidentally. Its amazing. And because it's banning people, people will continue to think it works when it doesnt. And in the meantime to try and stop the trolls, we just crack down on more and more minor offenses. Which just drives people to say fuck it and not care.
: > [{quoted}](name=CurrentBanTallyV,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-03-15T23:10:48.022+0000) > > Wrong. In todays game making someone feel bad is toxicity. > > If someone has no idea how to play a champion or is bad at their role and you said EITHER of those things I guarantee you it would be considered toxic. Well I don't consider it toxic. Those statements aren't made with the intention of losing the game. Most of the time they are solely for the player being offended's benefit. If someone is making a champion specific error, how will they ever correct it if you don't call them out on it? The same thing applies to obvious macro mistakes. If I took offense to everything said to me in game that could possibly hurt my feelings I would have stopped playing a long time ago. Toxicity isn't as simple and subjective as: "oh it made me feel bad, its toxic."
> [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T23:18:14.557+0000) > > Well I don't consider it toxic. Those statements aren't made with the intention of losing the game. Most of the time they are solely for the player being offended's benefit. If someone is making a champion specific error, how will they ever correct it if you don't call them out on it? The same thing applies to obvious macro mistakes. > > If I took offense to everything said to me in game that could possibly hurt my feelings I would have stopped playing a long time ago. Toxicity isn't as simple and subjective as: "oh it made me feel bad, its toxic." Again, wrong. That is the level we have reached thanks to the feel good brigade. Even "coaching" people can be considered abuse. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING IS "TOXIC": "You arent very good at _____." "you dont know how to play _____". "You need to practice _____". "You dont know how to_____". They dont want to be corrected, they wont correct, you cant help them and if you tell them even to help them I GUARANTEE you will be accused of being toxic. The reason they play 1000 games in ranked, have a 35% winrate, and then YOUR toxic for pointing it out. The issue is that none of the people in here are Toxic, so they dont know why people would be toxic, and they dont know how to counter toxicity. They dont even know what toxicity looks like.. they just know what "bad words" are. Their solutions are "just dont be" which is why the system sucks. If you want to stop crime.. you dont ask PRIESTS how to combat it.. you ask criminals. But trolls are BAD and saying the system is BAD is TOXIC. So downvote downvote downvote. Congrats guys, nothing will change, and you can read neat things like the TRIBUNAL WAS CREATED IN MAY OF 2011, and we STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUES.
: Let's clarify one thing tho, calling people out on mistakes is not toxicity. Being rude is not toxicity. Questioning people's decisions is not toxicity. Those are all things that are sometimes necessary for good teamwork, well except the being rude part.
> [{quoted}](name=Shadowkhan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-15T09:05:07.231+0000) > > Let's clarify one thing tho, calling people out on mistakes is not toxicity. Being rude is not toxicity. Questioning people's decisions is not toxicity. Those are all things that are sometimes necessary for good teamwork, well except the being rude part. Wrong. In todays game making someone feel bad is toxicity. If someone has no idea how to play a champion or is bad at their role and you said EITHER of those things I guarantee you it would be considered toxic.
: Seems like your prediction was correct.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T21:21:20.579+0000) > > Seems like your prediction was correct. Of course. These people on this board have no idea why people troll or are toxic. They dont even know what toxicity looks like. They just know being mean is BAD and the SYSTEM WORKS! And they will continue to talk about how "toxicity hurts everyone" and circle jerk about how good they are and nothing will ever change.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-15T04:18:03.385+0000) > > Just general rudeness, e. g. trash-talking, condescending, insulting, etc. Trash talk or insults are not toxic, nor is being rude, that's just part of competitive games. Being toxic is doing things like blaming other members of your team for your mistakes (like a top that goes 0/4 in the first 10 minutes and starts flaming his jungler for no ganks), or intentionally feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=JedenVojak,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T05:13:25.776+0000) > > Trash talk or insults are not toxic, nor is being rude, that's just part of competitive games. > > Being toxic is doing things like blaming other members of your team for your mistakes (like a top that goes 0/4 in the first 10 minutes and starts flaming his jungler for no ganks), or intentionally feeding. Trash talk IS being toxic according to the feelings squad people on here. Downvotes for your rational response incoming.
: Actually, a few seasons ago, they experimented with no LP loss and higher timers. Dodges actually got worse, so they reverted to -3lp and lower timers.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qFdaP4Rs,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-15T03:35:30.138+0000) > > Actually, a few seasons ago, they experimented with no LP loss and higher timers. Dodges actually got worse, so they reverted to -3lp and lower timers. Confirm this. I would just rotate through my accounts. Dodge, rotate, dodge, rotate, good lobby? Play, then all "cooldowns" are over. Literally no reason not to. -3 lp is better.
Blinden (NA)
: I guess Riot employees are all angels in real life. Hope they never swear at all...
> [{quoted}](name=Blinden,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cILcoXmt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-15T01:34:21.170+0000) > > I guess Riot employees are all angels in real life. Hope they never swear at all... People in power get to do what they want. Learn this life lesson now friend.
Xidphel (NA)
: Don't bother with him.
> [{quoted}](name=Xidphel,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8AYsGEu2,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-15T03:21:21.079+0000) > > Don't bother with him. You do know that by making this board a bunch of drum circle "everyone is GOOD" circle jerk upvoting you are never going to solve the problems right? I love people like you, because you would rather try and change humanity than face facts that riot doesnt care.
: yet another perma riot, FIX YOUR PRE 30 GAME .
> [{quoted}](name=mOwNRachel,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cXWwVjjT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-14T18:07:47.865+0000) > > i am so sick and tired of this, litterally EVERY, SINGLE, GAME in pre 30, Found your problem. The only people playing pre 30s are smurfs or trolls rolling new accounts. Joke aside I have been yelling this for yearssss. Making people relevel to 30 causes nothing but new player grief all day.
Gofs (NA)
: I don't dodge games, no. And mb, thank you for pointing that out.
> [{quoted}](name=Golden Snitch,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rbxfoocN,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T23:52:05.673+0000) > > I don't dodge games, no. And mb, thank you for pointing that out. Theres your problem. Look people up in lobby. If you start seeing bad numbers, or a bad team comp.. bail out. Why lose 20 lp when you could lose 3.
Nadiri (NA)
: Dodge - 3 LP equals trolls increase in numbers.
Sometimes when I am bored, I will just troll lobbies over and over causing dodges. I've gotten pretty good at it. I like to think that I am single handedly bringing down the average lp one dodge at a time. That being said, there has to be a penalty, or people would just dodge all the time (and most pros do anyways).
d3vI (OCE)
: Problem with que system
He probably didnt like the enemy team matchup. I do exactly what this player did all the time to save myself the dodge timer.
: > [{quoted}](name=CurrentBanTallyV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=59zVJjpF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-07T01:50:17.128+0000) > > No WAY bro, if you removed that she would only have.....Magic armor shred, Armors shred, a slow, a heal, a % movespeed buff (fucking 50%+ap for you AND an ally?), she does AOE damage, she has a % hp damage move, she casts aoe, she gets ranged, her passive makes her attack faster, she has a passive that lets her do bonus magic damage. > > OH AND she does aoe true damage at level 16. > > > She needs that ult man. Dont be ridiculous and break her. Then you realize that her heal is pathetic, she might as well be a minion till lvl 11 and still not great until 16. You are talking like kayle is somehow this overloaded champion yet she has always had everything you mentioned. Except that she now needs to land a skillshot to shred your defenses unlike before where all she had to do was auto you. Her slow is no longer point and click. Her passive literally is just her old E. With her new E being just a glorified enhanced auto. You can make anything broken just by listing what a champion has. How about you list the downsides? How about an actual analysis of the kit? Nah, that's too hard right?
> [{quoted}](name=ZephyrDrake,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=59zVJjpF,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-07T01:58:18.350+0000) > > Then you realize that her heal is pathetic, she might as well be a minion till lvl 11 and still not great until 16. You are talking like kayle is somehow this overloaded champion yet she has always had everything you mentioned. Except that she now needs to land a skillshot to shred your defenses unlike before where all she had to do was auto you. Her slow is no longer point and click. Her passive literally is just her old E. With her new E being just a glorified enhanced auto. You can make anything broken just by listing what a champion has. How about you list the downsides? How about an actual analysis of the kit? Nah, that's too hard right? Soraka heals for 80 at lvl 1, kayle heals 2 people for 60 + 26% movespeed bonus and you think its pathetic? No she didnt used to have true damage. No she didnt used to have an ult that shields AND does aoe damage. No she didnt used to have a passive that adds magic damage No she didnt used to have a ranged moved that does % Hp damage. Fanboy it up buddy.
Done25 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CurrentBanTallyV,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U3K4x4AP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-07T01:47:52.459+0000) > > I literally did just this. Played kayle fresh in ranked. We slaughtered bot lane. > > Because shes a new champion friend. Which means shes automatically better than a VAST amount of champs. > > Lets just list the few things she has. > > Kayle now has: Magic armor shred, Armors shred, a slow, a heal, a % movespeed buff (fucking 50%+ap for you AND an ally?), she does AOE damage, she has a % hp damage move, she casts aoe, she gets ranged, she has an invulerability ult, her passive makes her attack faster, she has a passive that lets her do bonus magic damage. > > OH AND she does aoe true damage at level 16. > > Compared to someone like... allistar. > > The best allistar in the universe vs a first time kayle? Guess who is gonna win... Alistar will shit on her in lane because her damage is awful and he'll 100-0 her at level 3.
> [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U3K4x4AP,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-03-07T01:53:09.453+0000) > > Alistar will shit on her in lane because her damage is awful and he'll 100-0 her at level 3. With a heal+ speed, ranged move that does % hp, and a slow that shreds? Nope
Nuvak (NA)
: Need to Remove Kayle's Immunity
No WAY bro, if you removed that she would only have.....Magic armor shred, Armors shred, a slow, a heal, a % movespeed buff (fucking 50%+ap for you AND an ally?), she does AOE damage, she has a % hp damage move, she casts aoe, she gets ranged, her passive makes her attack faster, she has a passive that lets her do bonus magic damage. OH AND she does aoe true damage at level 16. She needs that ult man. Dont be ridiculous and break her.
: PSA: Be considerate of your teammates and don't play Kayle or Morgana in ranked if you're first time
I literally did just this. Played kayle fresh in ranked. We slaughtered bot lane. Because shes a new champion friend. Which means shes automatically better than a VAST amount of champs. Lets just list the few things she has. Kayle now has: Magic armor shred, Armors shred, a slow, a heal, a % movespeed buff (fucking 50%+ap for you AND an ally?), she does AOE damage, she has a % hp damage move, she casts aoe, she gets ranged, she has an invulerability ult, her passive makes her attack faster, she has a passive that lets her do bonus magic damage. OH AND she does aoe true damage at level 16. Compared to someone like... allistar. The best allistar in the universe vs a first time kayle? Guess who is gonna win...
: 14 day suspension? Really
"level 0 after I had just reached lvl 2 a few days ago" Said it once, I'll say it again. The system gives you ZERO incentive to turn your behavior around. You were punished once before, which means once a criminal ALWAYS a criminal. That account is ruined. Any further slip ups? Your boned. You have a "history". So do what I do. Just make a new account... dont get mad, dont rage, dont be toxic. This is your new "good" account. If you do get mad, take out your stress with this "bad account". Eventually it might get banned, but who cares; you have your other account you care about. The best part is, you'll be earning rewards and skins MONTHS faster than if you tried to turn it around. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Why is first timing a champion in rank allowed? Why isnt there a system that prevents this?
Should just tie it to mastery system. Have to be minimum 2 to play ranked. Easy fix.
Ryba PhD (NA)
: Banned - no reason
A troll knows a troll. 0/10.
Scrai (EUW)
: RANKED IS UNPLAYABLE
Yessss.. deliciousss yess.
: Players who flame back in "self defense" don't understand the meaning of those words
Trolls (myself included) LOVE players like you. I love when I read stuff like this. I love this attitude, and thumbs you up. The reason is because you make trolling SO much more enjoyable. The current system, people cant leave or they get punished, they cant afk or they get punished. And thanks to people like you **they cant fight back EITHER**. My favorite part of being a bully is when the victim cannot defend himself. They just have to sit there and take it, getting angrier and angrier until they eventually snap. It's so satisfying because they have everything to lose. Keep up the good work!! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Jo0o (NA)
: Riot does an inadequate job of banning int feeders and trolls, and most mods and specialists will agree with me on that. The fallacy in threads like this is in the thinking that this is somehow a matter of prioritizing chat over gameplay offenses, rather than it just being a logistical issue that Riot hasn't satisfactorily overcome.
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=l4Oew8iV,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-13T21:55:59.598+0000) > > Riot does an inadequate job of banning int feeders and trolls, and most mods and specialists will agree with me on that. The fallacy in threads like this is in the thinking that this is somehow a matter of prioritizing chat over gameplay offenses, rather than it just being a logistical issue that Riot hasn't satisfactorily overcome. Most TROLLS would agree with you on that. The fastest way to get troll accounts banned is to use foul language and we know it . So I just tell people in prelobby that "I am very sorry that I have to troll but I have an addiction". And then "I wish i could stop, please help me." etc. As a result, I dont get instant banned by chat and it takes forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver to ban someone for inting because it has to be manually reviewed. I lost 23 games in a row on this account recently, and only got a 2 week ban. My last permaban ended after playing 83 games in a row as "jhin support" with a 10% winrate.
: Hey, I actually managed to get to Honor Level 0 Checkpoint 2 before getting my second account permabanned. And this time, I got punished for an entirely new reason. That's one of my problems with the punishment system--you probably won't know that what you did was wrong until you're banned for it. But, yeah. There's no real "incentive" to reform. You've already been punished. You don't have access to Honor rewards anymore. What reason is there aside form not being punished? Honor rewards only matter before you're punished. There needs to be _something_ to give to reforming players.
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-03T04:41:24.631+0000) > > Hey, I actually managed to get to Honor Level 0 Checkpoint 2 before getting my second account permabanned. And this time, I got punished for an entirely new reason. > > That's one of my problems with the punishment system--you probably won't know that what you did was wrong until you're banned for it. > > But, yeah. There's no real "incentive" to reform. You've already been punished. You don't have access to Honor rewards anymore. What reason is there aside form not being punished? Honor rewards only matter before you're punished. > > There needs to be _something_ to give to reforming players. Exactly.
: I want blocking to block them from my games
It would be exploitable. I would just make a script to ban everyone Silver and below. Also it would make it so you couldn't troll the same guy multiple games in a row... Which is one of the best parts.
: Not be a dick. Not waste your time on new accounts. Not waste your money on buying accounts. Not be a dick.
> [{quoted}](name=EvilDustMan,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-01T15:02:38.795+0000) > > Not be a dick. > Not waste your time on new accounts. > Not waste your money on buying accounts. > Not be a dick. But I need to do all those things to waste YOUR and 3 other peoples time.
: > [{quoted}](name=CurrentBanTallyV,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:51:39.675+0000) > > Spare me your moralizing. There is a problem with the system, it encourages trolling for the exact reasons above. Its free, I have nothing to lose by trolling other than an account that because of the system, I no longer care if I lose; because I can just make another. > > I work closely with the government, they are the biggest trolls I have ever met. Real life isnt fair ever, and people troll all day in reality. If you think reality punishes people for trolling and taking advantage of others... you are either young or naive. That's exactly the problem I am talking about, so no I will not spare you the cold hard facts: you are bored, you are angry, you demand people to ruin what Riot has worked on, and you will continue to be unsatisfied. How do I know this? Well, you remind me of the literal meaning of **riot**: "a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent". You are attempting to band together a riot against a video game, because " I try to be good but sometimes I tilt and get aggressive. Which leads to the problem." No. The problem is you and your self-righteous mentality. Remember, League of Legends is one - if not the biggest - game in the eSport industry. Keyword: sport. Imagine yourself throwing a temper tantrum because a soccer referee banned you from the game. Since you play by their rules, you've somehow translated that as "ok, I need to ruin it for absolutely everyone I come into contact with because **whatever**." >I work closely with the government, they are the biggest trolls I have ever met. Real life isnt fair ever, and people troll all day in reality. If you think reality punishes people for trolling and taking advantage of others... you are either young or naive. > You read way too far into what I originally said, but **whatever**, I can roll with your response. Glad to hear you work closely with the government. I'm going to assume this isn't a janitorial position at the White House, and I'll attempt to imagine you utilizing your extraordinary ability to blow things out of proportion through another job. You're absolutely right, but you say those things as if you've suffered the worst of the worst, and you believe the world owes you something. **The world owes you nothing.** The reality is sure, you can troll in real life, but why? What have you accomplished in life by attempting to ruin others' lives? I'm strictly speaking from your real life response. I never said reality **automatically** punishes people, but I do emphasize that your evil deeds will catch up to you at some point. You can continue to live a sad, miserable life of raging on video game forums about the problems of the game. Just remember: you could be using all this time of raging, trolling, and inting to design your own game where you can be the king of the Tribunal and enforce the player behavior system to the point where nobody will ever touch your game.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicKingz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-01T17:51:33.062+0000) > > That's exactly the problem I am talking about, so no I will not spare you the cold hard facts: you are bored, you are angry, you demand people to ruin what Riot has worked on, and you will continue to be unsatisfied. How do I know this? Well, you remind me of the literal meaning of **riot**: "a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent". > > You are attempting to band together a riot against a video game, because " I try to be good but sometimes I tilt and get aggressive. Which leads to the problem." No. The problem is you and your self-righteous mentality. Remember, League of Legends is one - if not the biggest - game in the eSport industry. Keyword: sport. Imagine yourself throwing a temper tantrum because a soccer referee banned you from the game. Since you play by their rules, you've somehow translated that as "ok, I need to ruin it for absolutely everyone I come into contact with because **whatever**." Like you said, keyword is SPORT. Showboating, insulting, and being competitive are all part of being on a sports team. We have an "online sport" where (using your dumb analogy) the soccer referee will run over and ban you from the game because you criticized your forward for not being good. WAHHHHHH REFEREE BAN MY TEAMMATE BECAUSE HES VERBALLY ABUSIVE TO ME BECAUSE IM BAD! Not even to the other team, to your TEAMMATES. Do you see how dumb this is? But dont worry if you are a good boy you can maybe get a random chance to wear a different jersey (skin). For someone claiming that I read way into what you said, you didnt read anything I said. The current system of honor is put in place to encourage people to be better. Because of its implementation I dont think it does that and actually negatively effects the game. > You read way too far into what I originally said, but **whatever**, I can roll with your response. Glad to hear you work closely with the government. I'm going to assume this isn't a janitorial position at the White House, and I'll attempt to imagine you utilizing your extraordinary ability to blow things out of proportion through another job. You're absolutely right, but you say those things as if you've suffered the worst of the worst, and you believe the world owes you something. > > **The world owes you nothing.** > > The reality is sure, you can troll in real life, but why? What have you accomplished in life by attempting to ruin others' lives? I'm strictly speaking from your real life response. I never said reality **automatically** punishes people, but I do emphasize that your evil deeds will catch up to you at some point. You can continue to live a sad, miserable life of raging on video game forums about the problems of the game. Just remember: you could be using all this time of raging, trolling, and inting to design your own game where you can be the king of the Tribunal and enforce the player behavior system to the point where nobody will ever touch your game. Blah blah blah. Some of the richest people on the planet have fucked over other people. Your dumbass hippy "everyone is friends" argument is nonsense. In fact, your attitude is exactly why trolls will always exist in this game; because you would rather rage at them then try and fix the problem (and your rage is exactly what we want). Putting aside what I have accomplished in life (because its irrelevant) Again the issue is that the system doesn't work. Not as well as it could. Most of what you said was irrelevant. You seem more pissed off that I troll people. And if you think I am ruining peoples LIVES by ruining their game in a video game.... man, you are the one who needs to be using all of this time to do... anything else.
Midg3t (EUNE)
: As much as I don't like that you're trolling, you're right to some extent. I got banned for 2 weeks and okay, I deserved it, I climbed up to honor lvl 4 and still going. But what do I have from that? What honor lvl actually means in this game? I still get trolls/griefers from time to time who will go out of their way to ruin the game for me, losing it in the process (and LP aswell if it's ranked). No1 will honor me for being nice, but for doing well in a game. So gameplay-wise, honor doesn't mean anything. So what am I getting from that? Key fragments? So I can open up chests and either get a champ shard or a skin shard which I don't even want. Honor badge? No1 will see that outside of loading screen, and again, it means nothing gameplay-wise. If there were actual gameplay benefits from honor, it would encourage people not to be toxic. tl;dr Imo honor lvl is useless
Exactly. As mad as people are that I troll.. the system obviously doesn't work or less people would be doing it. And now having lost your honor, do you really care about it moving forward? Ehh probably not.
Satakieli (EUNE)
: Why wouldn't we simply make fresh level 30 accounts? Because not everyone's a richass who can purchase all content again. I happen to have some stuff on my current account with huge emotional value (well long story). It's kinda became a part of my gamer personality. Also (and more important) I'm not a freaking coward who messed up, got some chat restricts and ran away cause Rito's punishment was too harsh for my little cute heart. Nope, I don't need a fresh account to hide my mistakes.
> [{quoted}](name=Satakieli,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-01-01T21:10:26.417+0000) > > Why wouldn't we simply make fresh level 30 accounts? Because not everyone's a richass who can purchase all content again. I happen to have some stuff on my current account with huge emotional value (well long story). It's kinda became a part of my gamer personality. > > Also (and more important) I'm not a freaking coward who messed up, got some chat restricts and ran away cause Rito's punishment was too harsh for my little cute heart. Nope, I don't need a fresh account to hide my mistakes. You dont have to be rich to get champions you need. If you think you have to be rich to buy what you need on this game.. you should stop playing this game and work on your real life. And do you see my hiding anything? Bro, look at my account name.
: > Similar to how the tribunal system used to work, your reports have a certain value based on how often you report and for what. I understand where this confusion is from. We all used to think this part of the Tribunal was passed down to the IFS, but Riot Tantram, the one who writes the IFS, came forward to clear up that misconception in his posts here; > [Confirmed. Reports do not lose value based upon the number of times you report players. This used to be the case. It is no longer true.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/9VrUtrJo-being-solo-and-having-a-team-report?comment=00000000000200000000000000000000000000000000) It is true that you are on thin ice after recent punishments, but your account works towards being clean as you play and do not show negative behavior; people that continue to be negative will be at greater risk of triggering the next punishment, and those who are sportsmanlike players will gradually be farther from this and even up to a clean account status. I know it can take months and can be really hard for some, but simply refraining from negative chat or abusive gameplay is all it takes. > And I have control. If I feel myself starting to rage I let off some steam on some other bastards on my other account, that is "honor jail" so who cares what happens to it. Let some steam out on trolling and saying whatever I want, and then switching back. That really doesn't resemble control, it only serves to perpetuate the problem and likely causes you to see toxicity constantly where there otherwise would be ways to salvage a game and bring the team together; typically just muting a negative player and focusing on how you can do your best despite them is the best way to get around the negativity and bring home the win. Do some players just troll and muting can't help? Sure, and it sucks, but that's why account bans are given for that behavior. Are they trying to do it sneakily? Write in the report description what they are doing, a short note really helps Player Support see a trend of behavior that isn't apparent to the IFS or by scanning the KDA and item build. In the end I can really only say that you should always try to be the kind of player you want to have on your team.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=000000000002,timestamp=2019-01-01T11:34:33.586+0000) > > I understand where this confusion is from. We all used to think this part of the Tribunal was passed down to the IFS, but Riot Tantram, the one who writes the IFS, came forward to clear up that misconception in his posts here; > This used to be the case. It is no longer true.](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/9VrUtrJo-being-solo-and-having-a-team-report?comment=00000000000200000000000000000000000000000000) Actually cool information. Now I wonder exactly how the system "reviews" everything with so many reports. Must be automated. Disregard what I said regarding. > It is true that you are on thin ice after recent punishments, but your account works towards being clean as you play and do not show negative behavior; people that continue to be negative will be at greater risk of triggering the next punishment, and those who are sportsmanlike players will gradually be farther from this and even up to a clean account status. I know it can take months and can be really hard for some, but simply refraining from negative chat or abusive gameplay is all it takes. Yes that is the point I am making, the entire reformation process is unclear and gives no incentives. I would love to know how many games I have to play until my account is "clean" again. I'd love to see how close I am to turning my account around, and getting it back in good standing. But right now none of that exists, you have honor, or none. And once you have none... welll who can say when you might have some again, who knows; but keep going maybe. > That really doesn't resemble control, it only serves to perpetuate the problem and likely causes you to see toxicity constantly where there otherwise would be ways to salvage a game and bring the team together; typically just muting a negative player and focusing on how you can do your best despite them is the best way to get around the negativity and bring home the win. Do some players just troll and muting can't help? Sure, and it sucks, but that's why account bans are given for that behavior. Are they trying to do it sneakily? Write in the report description what they are doing, a short note really helps Player Support see a trend of behavior that isn't apparent to the IFS or by scanning the KDA and item build. > > In the end I can really only say that you should always try to be the kind of player you want to have on your team. We live on Earth and that means that people are dicks. The honor system is designed specifically to try and counter this. Currently it does a good job, when your being good. When you start to slip.. it does a poor job. I guess to phrase it in more reality. There are no misdemeanors for the honor system. You don't lose 10 honor points, or 1 level. You lose everything, and then its locked for a unknown time period. Trolls are always going to troll, they should be banned when they do. Players who have a bad game and occasionally lose their minds they need to be brought back into line. But the first sign you have that you are in trouble is the punishment and by then its too late; you are already in honor jail.
: > Similar to how the tribunal system used to work, your reports have a certain value based on how often you report and for what. Riot obviously has some kind of system. Report weighting isn't a thing. The IFS can filter out false reports, so it doesn't matter if you only report when you're certain of an offense, or if you just rapid fire report literally everyone and everything. The IFS will act on the reports that are valid, and it'll toss out the ones that aren't. > And once you get punished your reports aren't worth anything anymore. And I know for certain that reports count more toward you. Both statements are false. If you get punished, your reports will still trigger a review, and if the review finds the report to be valid, a punishment will be issued. And reports don't somehow count more toward you, either. If they're valid, then they're valid, and you get punished - either with halted Honor progress, or a mainline punishment tier. And if they're invalid, then they're disregarded, and you're let on your way. > There are people who get instant banned from a single report from a single game months after they "turned themselves around". No one gets banned for a single game unless you have a history. No one gets banned for a single game unless they have a history...Or commit an especially egregious offense. If you've got examples of people getting "instantly banned" after "turning themselves around", I'd like to see links, but otherwise, it's not an outstanding argument. > Is it? When most people just reroll a free new account thats at honor level 2, instead of bothering? You think that playing for nearly a season, ineligible for any prize to "re-earn" works? No buddy, people just roll a new account. Yes, the system is working as intended. Do you have statistics about people just rolling new accounts? 'Cause otherwise, I'm gonna take your statement with a mountain of salt. > My question would be why would you be anything but a free to play player at this point? Shit this forum is FILLED with people who RESPOND to trolls and get punished. Why risk your money when you are just a few games of calling someone bad and being punished? This forum isn't representative of the playerbase at large - just a small fraction of it. I wouldn't consider it a good example of the risk of buying anything in League. > Its so difficult that they literally invented a system to give you free shit for NOT breaking the rules by being honorable. Hell before the honor system they had that other system and "friendly" players were so rare it was literally a badge of honor. Point. But what I mean is, it takes nothing to type nothing. The rules are clear and simple, and can be summarized with "don't be a dick". Don't flame, don't harass people, don't accuse people of shit, and just play the game. And clearly, it's an easy enough ruleset to follow, if the majority of the playerbase can follow it. > Also this is another thing that is stupid. You force me, a troll and veteran player, to get a new account... How are they forcing you? As far as I see it, you're doing everything you do of your own volition. You break the rules of your own volition, you give up on the account of your own volition, and you decide to make a new account of your own volition. So, you can't say that anyone's forcing you to do anything. > That account is punished for months, and no amount of encouragement is going to make it fixed. So, it all boils down to you not wanting to bother with adhering to simple rules. Nothing Riot does or gives you can serve as incentive to play by the rules. I wonder if that means they should ID ban you, since, as per your wording, nothing's going to get you to change. > The nicest guy in the world has 1 bad game promo game where his top goes 0-15, and boom all your honor is gone for months. The nicest guy in the world would be able to shake off one bad promo game. The nicest guy in the world wouldn't resort to flaming if their teammates get their ass beat. The nicest guy in the world wouldn't lose all his Honor and try to pin the blame on anything but himself. If you're gonna make mistakes, own up to them. Don't try to paint yourself as some saint who got wronged, 'cause that doesn't work here. > I mean this is LITERALLY the case, it doesn't matter if you were Honor 5, 3, 100; you get punished? Back to 1/0 for you. No rewards no nothing. I'm well aware of how the Honor drop works. I'm also aware that you lose the rewards if you drop in Honor _and don't climb back up._ If you lose end-of-season rewards due to misbehavior and your own disinclination to reform, then it's all on you. > And I have control. If I feel myself starting to rage I let off some steam on some other bastards on my other account, that is "honor jail" so who cares what happens to it. Let some steam out on trolling and saying whatever I want, and then switching back. No, you don't have control. If you did, you wouldn't break the rules, period. You'd find ways of venting that don't contribute to the problems League has. All told, I'm not seeing any further productive discussion here. If you want to give handwave answers, go for it, but don't expect me to humor it. End of discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-01T11:15:07.235+0000) > > Report weighting isn't a thing. The IFS can filter out false reports, so it doesn't matter if you only report when you're certain of an offense, or if you just rapid fire report literally everyone and everything. The IFS will act on the reports that are valid, and it'll toss out the ones that aren't. I'd like to see more evidence of this. Do you have anything on the process for how they sort them? You may be right. > Both statements are false. If you get punished, your reports will still trigger a review, and if the review finds the report to be valid, a punishment will be issued. And reports don't somehow count more toward you, either. If they're valid, then they're valid, and you get punished - either with halted Honor progress, or a mainline punishment tier. > > And if they're invalid, then they're disregarded, and you're let on your way. Perhaps granted as above. > No one gets banned for a single game unless they have a history...Or commit an especially egregious offense. > > If you've got examples of people getting "instantly banned" after "turning themselves around", I'd like to see links, but otherwise, it's not an outstanding argument. Exactly my point. What constitutes a "history"? I know that I would not be comfortable spending money on an account that has a punishment already because I might get nailed down the line because of the "history". > Yes, the system is working as intended. Do you have statistics about people just rolling new accounts? 'Cause otherwise, I'm gonna take your statement with a mountain of salt. > > This forum isn't representative of the playerbase at large - just a small fraction of it. I wouldn't consider it a good example of the risk of buying anything in League. If the system is working as intended.... then I dont think its working... Has the honor system shown a reduction in the amount of toxicity? I'd love to see numbers but based on what I see no, it hasn't. It's a good step in the right direction, but like most of what riot does, a bad implementation. There were people on the old system that had hundreds of games chat banned, hundreds and hundreds. Now they get banned... but do you think they stop playing? No they just roll a new account. > Point. But what I mean is, it takes nothing to type nothing. The rules are clear and simple, and can be summarized with "don't be a dick". Don't flame, don't harass people, don't accuse people of shit, and just play the game. And clearly, it's an easy enough ruleset to follow, if the majority of the playerbase can follow it. You think the majority of the player base adheres to above? Have you ever played the game? Again I would love to see numbers on this. > How are they forcing you? As far as I see it, you're doing everything you do of your own volition. You break the rules of your own volition, you give up on the account of your own volition, and you decide to make a new account of your own volition. > > So, you can't say that anyone's forcing you to do anything. Point. But I dont exactly have the options to recover a banned account do i? > So, it all boils down to you not wanting to bother with adhering to simple rules. Nothing Riot does or gives you can serve as incentive to play by the rules. As above this is EXACTLY the issue I have. They SHOULD incentivise players to play by the rules. That is SUPPOSED to be the entire point of the honor system, and currently it does not. > I wonder if that means they should ID ban you, since, as per your wording, nothing's going to get you to change. The point of this thread is literally to provide a way to change players like me. > The nicest guy in the world would be able to shake off one bad promo game. The nicest guy in the world wouldn't resort to flaming if their teammates get their ass beat. The nicest guy in the world wouldn't lose all his Honor and try to pin the blame on anything but himself. > > If you're gonna make mistakes, own up to them. Don't try to paint yourself as some saint who got wronged, 'cause that doesn't work here. Never said I was a saint, and I own my mistakes. You dont see me begging for my accounts back. Hell one of the ones that was banned I had since Beta. I'd love that account back but.. you pay the price. > I'm well aware of how the Honor drop works. I'm also aware that you lose the rewards if you drop in Honor _and don't climb back up._ If you lose end-of-season rewards due to misbehavior and your own disinclination to reform, then it's all on you. Again the issue is that there is no incentive to recover once you stumble. Everyone has a bad game, shoots their mouth off, gets pissed, etc. And if you slip, you are totally fucked. And once that happens, most just stop caring. > No, you don't have control. If you did, you wouldn't break the rules, period. You'd find ways of venting that don't contribute to the problems League has. Again, the entire point of this thread is that there is little to no incentive currently to change your behavior on a bad account. That you lose all your honor and are locked at level one on the first punishment is overkill. That 10000 good games do not counter 3 bad games means that no one really cares what their honor is. That it is easier to re-roll a new account than try to improve your old one is a flaw in the system. > All told, I'm not seeing any further productive discussion here. If you want to give handwave answers, go for it, but don't expect me to humor it. > > End of discussion. Bah you were almost getting interesting.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-01T11:16:48.141+0000) > > While the old report system (***not*** the Tribunal) had report weight, it never influenced a punished account's report weight based on punishment history. > > And report weight no longer is a thing. Ever since the IFS was introduced. So, your info is not only inaccurate, but also wholly obsolete. That was just a portion of what I stated. Perhaps you both have a point. As this has been stated 2x I would like see some evidence on it. Otherwise what is to stop friends from just 4x reporting someone and getting them banned faster?
: > [{quoted}](name=MagiccNoodlez,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qE3VY4Me,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-01T09:08:58.035+0000) > > (IM NOT TRYING TO DO IMGUR) > > the screenshots are in my files, and when I drag and drop them into the body section of the 'create a discussion' it just makes another tab with a link like "file:///C:/Users/UserName1234/Pictures/troll.PNG" How long have you been using the Internet?
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qE3VY4Me,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:32:23.938+0000) > > How long have you been using the Internet? This thread is my new favorite thing.
: >So I can troll hundreds of games on an account i no longer care about because _**whatever**_. > "...because whatever". Simply appalling, to say the least. Your eagerness to ruin the fun for others because you have absolutely no self control over a VIDEO GAME is why we, as a society, cannot have nice things. We have a completely FREE game to play, with the ability to unlock ANY and ALL champions in the game (in a great amount of time, but still possible); however, you are going to make it your life's mission to make your team lose and proceed to express unacceptable and immature behavior to anyone and everyone that isn't on your anti-Riot Games parade. I don't believe this is a problem with Riot's punishment system _per se_, but rather a much bigger problem with your own outlook on life. I challenge you to attempt to express such behavior in the realm called **Real Life**, where punishments include getting divorced, fired, sued, imprisoned, or even killed. I sincerely hope you never have to experience such extremes, but parallel to your verbiage above, I hope that you find a much more meaningful vision to life, rather than taking everything you've been blessed with for granted, because **whatever**.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicKingz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:39:16.585+0000) > > "...because whatever". Simply appalling, to say the least. Your eagerness to ruin the fun for others because you have absolutely no self control over a VIDEO GAME is why we, as a society, cannot have nice things. We have a completely FREE game to play, with the ability to unlock ANY and ALL champions in the game (in a great amount of time, but still possible); however, you are going to make it your life's mission to make your team lose and proceed to express unacceptable and immature behavior to anyone and everyone that isn't on your anti-Riot Games parade. Spare me your moralizing. There is a problem with the system, it encourages trolling for the exact reasons above. Its free, I have nothing to lose by trolling other than an account that because of the system, I no longer care if I lose; because I can just make another. > I don't believe this is a problem with Riot's punishment system _per se_, but rather a much bigger problem with your own outlook on life. I challenge you to attempt to express such behavior in the realm called **Real Life**, where punishments include getting divorced, fired, sued, imprisoned, or even killed. I sincerely hope you never have to experience such extremes, but parallel to your verbiage above, I hope that you find a much more meaningful vision to life, rather than taking everything you've been blessed with for granted, because **whatever**. I work closely with the government, they are the biggest trolls I have ever met. Real life isnt fair ever, and people troll all day in reality. If you think reality punishes people for trolling and taking advantage of others... you are either young or naive.
: > _The account is now locked at 0 honor_, **its a "criminal" so any report counts more toward it**, future punishments are harsher, it takes months to unlock; _and thats just to get back to honor 0_. The bolded statement is wholly incorrect. The IFS doesn't just decide "okay, this player is Dishonorable, so it won't matter if the reports filed against them are valid or not, report will now equal a punishment 100% of the time" - it doesn't work that way. If you're Dishonorable, all that means is that you're locked out of the benefits of the Honor System until you regain standing. The italicised statements are conditionally correct. As far as I know, if you get punished once (a chat restriction), you get dropped to Honor Level 1 and Honor Locked. Only if you get punished _after_ that, or if you receive an escalated penalty (due to zero-tolerance chat or gameplay misbehavior) do you get pushed down to Honor Level 0. As for the other two statements, though; _yes, future punishments get harsher, **because you're not supposed to keep breaking the rules.**_ If you don't let up with the misbehavior, then neither will Riot, and they want to try and hammer home the message that you need to stop misbehaving as clearly as possible. Hence, the punishment ladder doling out increasingly harsh punishments up to the permanent ban. As for taking months to unlock/regain Honor - that's chalked up to two things; 1. You need to _prove_ that you can play by the rules, and that takes time and effort, and 2. if it's taking unreasonably long to regain Honor, then the issue might be that you're still misbehaving and getting validly reported for it. Either way, it's the system working as intended. > With all of the above, there is no incentive to fix your account. Why go through all that trouble of months, with punishments, unable to earn rewards. When you can just make a new account level to 30 easily? Holding that perspective gives me reason to assume that you might be one of the "strictly free-to-play" variety of players. I'm willing to bet that most people who play the game tend to invest more than just time into the game - and having so much invested into an account is a pretty compelling reason for players to want to fix their accounts. But, my question is, why put yourself through that trouble in the first place? It's not exactly difficult to adhere to the rules, so letting yourself slip and letting your tilt run amok is wholly detrimental, since, and I'll use both varieties - paying players and free-to-players - for example: If you pay for content, then breaking the rules puts your account - and the time and money you invested in it - at risk. You have to take time to prove that you can do better, and regain good standing with Riot, and altogether cause yourself more suffering than you did any relief in letting your tilt/anger out. And if you're strictly free-to-play, then breaking the rules puts you in a position where you've either got to commit time into regaining Honor, or grinding a new account into a position to supersede the last one. Either way, you're still gonna be pouring more time into fixing a problem that was wholly avoidable if you'd just played by the rules. > There is no incentive to fix your behavior so many people don't (myself included). The SECOND my account is punished, that just becomes my new troll account. I make a new "main account" and when I need to let off steam and intent feed/scream/etc I just use the old one. And what good does that do? Because you can't control your anger, you decide "fuck it, I'll just become part of the biggest problems League faces, because why not?" And I want a legitimate answer, and not the obvious "because trolling/making people raeg/breaking the rules feels good". What good does it do you to just throw up your hands and say, "welp, I CBA to show a little restraint, so I guess I'll just turn this account into a trolling account"? I know it's easy to take the low road, but I really want to know _why_. _Why_ do people choose the low road, choose to flip Riot and every other player the bird, and troll.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=XuKhuyfO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:18:22.571+0000) > > The bolded statement is wholly incorrect. The IFS doesn't just decide "okay, this player is Dishonorable, so it won't matter if the reports filed against them are valid or not, report will now equal a punishment 100% of the time" - it doesn't work that way. If you're Dishonorable, all that means is that you're locked out of the benefits of the Honor System until you regain standing. I am fairly certain this isn't correct. Similar to how the tribunal system used to work, your reports have a certain value based on how often you report and for what. Riot obviously has some kind of system. Otherwise the guy who reports every single teamate for everything counts as much as the guy who only reports when its worth it. And once you get punished your reports aren't worth anything anymore. And I know for certain that reports count more toward you. There are people who get instant banned from a single report from a single game months after they "turned themselves around". No one gets banned for a single game unless you have a history. > The italicised statements are conditionally correct. As far as I know, if you get punished once (a chat restriction), you get dropped to Honor Level 1 and Honor Locked. Only if you get punished _after_ that, or if you receive an escalated penalty (due to zero-tolerance chat or gameplay misbehavior) do you get pushed down to Honor Level 0. > > As for the other two statements, though; _yes, future punishments get harsher, **because you're not supposed to keep breaking the rules.**_ If you don't let up with the misbehavior, then neither will Riot, and they want to try and hammer home the message that you need to stop misbehaving as clearly as possible. Hence, the punishment ladder doling out increasingly harsh punishments up to the permanent ban. > > As for taking months to unlock/regain Honor - that's chalked up to two things; 1. You need to _prove_ that you can play by the rules, and that takes time and effort, and 2. if it's taking unreasonably long to regain Honor, then the issue might be that you're still misbehaving and getting validly reported for it. Either way, it's the system working as intended. Is it? When most people just reroll a free new account thats at honor level 2, instead of bothering? You think that playing for nearly a season, ineligible for any prize to "re-earn" works? No buddy, people just roll a new account. > Holding that perspective gives me reason to assume that you might be one of the "strictly free-to-play" variety of players. I'm willing to bet that most people who play the game tend to invest more than just time into the game - and having so much invested into an account is a pretty compelling reason for players to want to fix their accounts. My question would be why would you be anything but a free to play player at this point? Shit this forum is FILLED with people who RESPOND to trolls and get punished. Why risk your money when you are just a few games of calling someone bad and being punished? > But, my question is, why put yourself through that trouble in the first place? It's not exactly difficult to adhere to the rules, so letting yourself slip and letting your tilt run amok is wholly detrimental, since, and I'll use both varieties - paying players and free-to-players - for example: Its so difficult that they literally invented a system to give you free shit for NOT breaking the rules by being honorable. Hell before the honor system they had that other system and "friendly" players were so rare it was literally a badge of honor. > If you pay for content, then breaking the rules puts your account - and the time and money you invested in it - at risk. You have to take time to prove that you can do better, and regain good standing with Riot, and altogether cause yourself more suffering than you did any relief in letting your tilt/anger out. > > And if you're strictly free-to-play, then breaking the rules puts you in a position where you've either got to commit time into regaining Honor, or grinding a new account into a position to supersede the last one. Either way, you're still gonna be pouring more time into fixing a problem that was wholly avoidable if you'd just played by the rules. Also this is another thing that is stupid. You force me, a troll and veteran player, to get a new account by putting me into a bunch of new player games? I literally just dunk on them allllll day, ruin their experiences, make the quit the game etc. Its ALMOST as bad as trolling. And this system encourages it. > And what good does that do? Because you can't control your anger, you decide "fuck it, I'll just become part of the biggest problems League faces, because why not?" > > And I want a legitimate answer, and not the obvious "because trolling/making people raeg/breaking the rules feels good". What good does it do you to just throw up your hands and say, "welp, I CBA to show a little restraint, so I guess I'll just turn this account into a trolling account"? > > I know it's easy to take the low road, but I really want to know _why_. _Why_ do people choose the low road, choose to flip Riot and every other player the bird, and troll. Because why not? That account is punished for months, and no amount of encouragement is going to make it fixed. The nicest guy in the world has 1 bad game promo game where his top goes 0-15, and boom all your honor is gone for months. I mean this is LITERALLY the case, it doesn't matter if you were Honor 5, 3, 100; you get punished? Back to 1/0 for you. No rewards no nothing. And I have control. If I feel myself starting to rage I let off some steam on some other bastards on my other account, that is "honor jail" so who cares what happens to it. Let some steam out on trolling and saying whatever I want, and then switching back. Its the same reason people smurf. Riot has created a game, that you cant leave or you get punished, that you cant surrender because of a troll. A person can literally hold you hostage for 20mins, and if you react AT ALL boom, your "just as bad as him". And since they on a troll account they don't care. You have to grin and bear it or lose your stuff. Riot has created a perfect troll environment and thats why people do it.
Show more

CurrentBanTallyV

Level 48 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion