: Also, as a newcomer in NA and a huge fan of ARAM mode, I'm sad to see so many bot trolling real players games. Maybe Riot could make something to detect and ban all those level farming bot accounts.
You need to report them, then they go away. I've encountered this issue in a massive 20-25% of my games on a low leveled acc. When I noticed my entire team staying a while in post-game, I inferred that they're reporting, and I didn't see the bot again in next games. When I noticed my team quickly leave post-game, and only I reported the bot, I saw it again on the enemy team.
: if you only could use 6 champions
Easy. {{champion:134}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:267}} I'd be 80% satisfied just having these. If I could add another 6, {{champion:34}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:117}} I'd be 95% satisfied. If I could add another 6, {{champion:103}} {{champion:90}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:25}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:53}} I'd be 99.99% satisfied. {{champion:81}} would the last .01%, and I'd be happy never playing any other champion ever.
JVP15 (NA)
: Yes Yes Yes and Yes
Kaioko (NA)
: I give you one chance at the first cannon minion. If you miss it and cause me to lose that 45 gold your use of relic shield is done I will play as if you don't have one.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaioko,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Y4J3BU3A,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-04-12T14:55:01.422+0000) > > I give you one chance at the first cannon minion. If you miss it and cause me to lose that 45 gold your use of relic shield is done I will play as if you don't have one. Even god gives a second chance. How arrogant you are.
bbQsauçe (EUW)
: ***
: > [{quoted}](name=ninjaroxas,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=LMVFOeRg,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2017-03-19T02:54:47.424+0000) > > im kinda surprise you included taliyah I mean, as a support main for years you end up playing EVERYTHING support at least once and well, she has very high base damages making her a decent support. However I did forget {{champion:25}} {{champion:90}} You can probably put {{champion:3}} on there as well, though not sure about reworked galio. Might be better, might be worse.
You also forgot {{champion:99}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:101}}. Also, because he's going to be fun most of the time: {{champion:53}}
Rioter Comments
: Why doesn't anyone play Taliyah?
For me personally, it's because I haven't tried her. I'm dying to. Rotate her into free champions for god's sake. It's been over 6 months.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Dryditch (NA)
: Again, there's zero difficulty to checking screens. You can even click on the mini-map to move it or just get used to putting your mouse at the edge of the screen. It's a game mechanic and it's easy enough for everyone else, so why can't you get over the handicap you give yourself by locking camera? If you had a physical disability that prevents you from moving the screen I could understand, but you're just being stubborn, so I have no sympathy for your ridiculous request.
It's not about checking screens. What about fighting in the jungle locked screen. The request is not ridiculous, nor am I am being stubborn. Go fuck yourself with the condescension.
: Nah, it's not about "noobyness" I was just legit wondering because I find full locked-screen harder (my brother taught me and pressed Y on me and I didn't know how to get it back^^"). We're from the sameish join-time. Have you tried the third offset camera option yet? Not per-side or normal, but the third one they added that allows you to set your own offset. I heard it was a decent middle-ground but takes a bit of time to get used to.
I didn't know that existed. I tried a third part software which did that back in the day, and it was kind of helpful, but a native zoom-out implementation would be so much better. I'll check out this feature, I'm sure it'll help somewhat. Edit: Just tried it, it's basically not locked screen except you won't accidentally move the camera so far away that you don't see your character. I'm glad Riot implemented it to help some players, but this wouldn't help me at all.
: Yes, you are correct it's demanded frequently enough, but when they find out what they'd have to give up for it they usually cave. If it was implemented (let's pretend), your suggestion would for sure need to have their built-in counterplay too. If you're not against that then I no longer have an argument. Your champ would basically at least need to constantly have a red range indicator on the ground. Jhin and Xerath are rooted for the entire duration and there is a ground indicator telling the entire enemy team through FoW where they are if they want to jump them while ulting. That's why Nami and Ashe are picked so frequently into them. Both are basically yelling "free long-range skillshot hit through FoW here!" Yes, it sounds dumb and excessive, but that would more than likely be the gameplay cost.
I don't understand any of the comparisons you just made with champions. Skill-indicators exist for many skills. Xerath and Jhin showing their maximum area is counter-play against those particular skills because they have ridiculous range, and people might want to leave the area. That doesn't apply to other champions just because a zoom-out feature is added. The built-in counterplay would be that it's harder to hit skillshots like Ahri's charm. I wouldn't stay zoomed out all the time anyway, only when I need to. Imagine zooming out like Jhin's ult and trying to play Yasuo. You might misclick minions for your dashes, you wouldn't be able to estimate whether or not your q will hit because the range at that zoom is too small. Nobody is going to stay zoomed out forever. It's basically a more powerful and different version of moving the camera.
: The zoom feature you are requesting would never be implemented only for locked camera as it would make it unfair by allowing you to see more of the map on the same sized screen than people playing with unlocked. Sure you can move the camera around but for every pixel you move it up you lose a pixel of vision on the bottom side. They also wouldn't implement it for both modes because a. what Riot Jinxlord said and b. the game is designed and balanced around the fact that players receive x amount of vision on their screens and it is even used as a form of measurement when talking about distance in the game such as "he landed that varus q from a screen away". Sure the varus had his camera probably unlocked and on the enenmy but that means he can't see himself or where he is. I reccomend practising with unlocked during laning phase by moving your mouse to the edge of the screen to see how much it moves and how fast and using the space bar to recenter yourself if you ever go to far. Literally just keep practising moving the camera every laning phase or when you walk back to lane, lots of pros play with locked in laning and then only unlock it when they want to take a quick look around or in teamfights.
Your argument about balancing around limited-vision is justified, but would removing that layer of difficulty really be detrimental? Would you miss it? Would you think it makes LoL too easy? I can't see it as anything more than an artificial difficulty. You're not going to stay zoomed out forever, it would be harder to land skillshots or cs. It's basically a different (but admittedly more powerful) screen adjustment. I'd zoom out to observe then zoom back in. I'd stay zoomed out for fights in the jungle, but then it's harder to land skillshots like Ahri's charm - a trade-off I'd be happy with.
: You only listed the pros and cons of implementing the change, not of the actual camera options themselves. If I may politely ask, how long have you been playing for? I'm asking that because, contrary to popular belief, people do not look at the minimap as often as you'd think. For example, if you know it's warded for sure, you can still gank if you wait for the caddy-minion wave. They'll be so entranced by it you'll probably be able to walk right next to them without them noticing. Another example is let's say you're playing mid and ping "missing" but your laner still roams bot or top and kills them. You may be thinking "wtf, I pinged" but your bot or top isn't looking mid for the missing pings. You need to ping missing on mid and then danger at the very tips of both rivers for them to actually notice the roam.
I've been playing since S3, so about 4 years. I get what you're saying, and it would apply to newer or "nooby" players I guess. I'm not all that good myself, but a Jungler would never be able to cross through a ward without me seeing him unless it's literally in the split seconds when an enemy laner all-ins me. I'd be too focused on the fight, and wouldn't look at the minimap. When I play support, it's practically impossible for me to miss someone in a warded bush, even all the way across the map.
463 (NA)
: So why can't you play unlocked? you said that there wasn't a choice for some people.
It's not a physical limitation, like playing on a laptop or something. It's a mental limitation. I just can't play with the camera like that, where firstly the camera isn't centered on my character. It's a very, very weird feeling exclusive to games like LoL/Dota if you've only played RPGs, Shooters, Racers, Platformers, etc. On top of that, you need to hit your window to move the camera. I've been playing LoL since S3, and I can't get used to it. I tried a few times, but it just doesn't work for me. If locked-screen didn't exist, I wouldn't play LoL. You don't know how grateful I was to Riot when they implemented the slightly skewed locked-screens for purple-side. I can only hope that they accommodate even more.
: No, the item sets' popularity rose once they said they were going to delete it. They also got a ton of feedback on _why_ people weren't using the feature, to which most replied "due to bugs and having to redo my sets every single patch" while others replied "we didn't even know it was there." That's the reason why it's coming back.
Well alright, I guess I'm wrong there. My point about the niche still stands though. Apparently the item-sets are something lots of people like, but weren't using because of x,y,z. This zoom-out feature has significantly less demand, but it does exist. You can search google for threads like this, and you'll see many over the years. I made one years ago as well, but gave up on it since people argued against it, just like they're doing now. This difference this time around is that Jhin/Xerath's ultimates have been implemented. When I first suggested the idea, even that wasn't there. Now there's a concrete idea of what it would look like. It's pretty depressing how people shoot down something as long as it's not relevant to *them*. Some people are giving meaningful critiques of why it's a bad idea, which is fine and should be weighed against the opposite arguments. Others are just against it for no real reason.
463 (NA)
: Sounds like a personal issue.
It is a personal issue, but the topic has been brought up from time to time throughout the years. It only affects a small group of players, but I addressed that: > According to statistics, there isn't much demand for the customizable item-sets either, but wouldn't it be nice to cater to certain niches of the community?
: Zooming out the camera wouldn't just be a _perceived loss of difficulty_ it would be an _actual loss of difficulty_. Jungle ganking would be basically worthless if the jungler doesn't have an extreme gapcloser from FoW like Zac. That's only one reason. There are more. Locked camera does have advantages, such as it being easier to cs and navigate fights without losing track of one's champion. Unlocked camera gives those things up for a _different_ NOT _added_ view of the map. You can be killed while looking somewhere else or miss someone sneaking up behind you if you're not paying attention (less likely to happen while locked if being careful). tldr: both have pros and cons, don't just list the pros of one and all cons of the other. People should learn to use both.
> Jungle ganking would be basically worthless if the jungler doesn't have an extreme gapcloser from FoW like Zac. Not true at all. As seen in Jhin's and Xerath's ultimates, fog of war remains when you're zoomed out. I guess you could argue that you wouldn't have to look at the minimap, but it's practically impossible to miss a character on a ward on the minimap. People are used to looking at it constantly. I agree with the other point, it's a different view of the map, which is the result of interface, not gameplay. As for your tl;dr, I have no idea what you're talking about, I have negatives and positives.
: why not just use the map and ward?
Completely irrelevant. Consider a team-fight in the jungle where all of the bushes and relevant locations are warded. You can see the enemies on the mini-map, but you can't see them on your screen, so you're severely handicapped. The solution is to not play locked screen (not possible for some), or implement my suggestion.
Dryditch (NA)
: Most of us are used to the current max zoom range, and occasionally zoom in, then just spin wheel back out to the total distance and leave it there. The game is also balanced around "screens away" in terms of vision. You might see someone on a ward on the minimap, but being able to see them on your own screen is a level of advantage you really shouldn't be given.
Point taken, I covered that in the cons section. > Takes out a certain perceived difficulty or challenge. It's a skill to maneuver your camera properly and balance it with your mechanics. That said, it's a pretty artificial difficulty. It doesn't arise from the game-play, it's a by-product of the interface. I believe it would just come down to some older players feeling cheated. As for being used to the current max-zoom, it would be a feature accessed through the settings. Nothing would change for players who don't want the change. Addressing the 2nd point, people who are used to non-locked screens could just hover over to the warded area, and see it, then switch back, or press that button which centers the camera on your character.
Kr1sys (NA)
: there's a better solution: stop playing locked camera
> I know people usually have no sympathy for locked-screen players, but there are many who just can't adjust to the camera system, and this would be a kind gesture which does no harm to the rest of the player-base.
Rioter Comments
: tips about what=?
: We won Without a Ranged champion in the team
You wanna, uh, give me a few tips there, doc?
: You know who needs the nerf bat?
I too have seen Paranoia Agent.
Ritesh (NA)
: Why is IP gain so atrociously low?
I really think they need to cater a little more to new players, but I think the reason they don't is that there probably aren't a lot of new players flowing into the game. I imagine most new accounts are smurfs. They should let new accounts choose 10 champs which are unlocked for free, or give new accounts some nice amount of IP. The issue with this is that everyone can just make multiple accounts and end up owning every champion. That's offset by rune costs per account, so it balances out, but it's probably a concern. Overall, since the game is this old, they need to do something for new players, but only new players. Even if I spend all of my IP on my main account, I wouldn't even have half of the champions. This is fine. I have excess IP because I'm at a point where I don't want any other champions or runes. Nobody honestly loves every single champion in the game. If they do, and are that fanatical, they should support Riot by just buying the champions. Let me summarize my total IP usage in terms of what I need. I've spent a lot more than this on champions I sort of regret buying, and runes I never use, not to mention buying champions which have been price reduced but I'm excluding that stuff. In fact, even a few of these champions, I dislike, or rarely use, but I'm including them for the sake of it. Syndra - 6300 Anivia - 3150 Ahri - 4800 Thresh - 6300 Nami - 6300 Lulu - 4800 Xerath - 4800 Orianna - 4800 Galio - 3150 Ezreal - 4800 Cassiopeia - 4800 Brand - 4800 Maokai - 4800 Blitzcrank - 3150 Sona - 3150 Karthus - 3150 Malzahar - 4800 Ryze - 450 Morgana - 1350 Fiddlesticks - 1350 Janna - 1350 = 82350 Next, my rune pages. I have 8 because I buy them during 2 for 1 sales, but I really don't have a use for them because of my limited champion pool. Armor, Mres, CDR, AP, AP per Level, Magic Pen, and just because I use them, or used to use them - Move speed, Gold per level, and mana regen. Because this requires a bit more effort than the champs, I'm just going to double my champion total for my rune total. That's about 160k IP for a maxed out account for my purposes. 300 IP per day is a reasonable guess for a "casual" player. **That's about 1.5 years to get everything I want in LoL.** Sounds ridiculous, but I can lower that champion pool and rune pool by a significant margin, and still be completely happy with LoL. Lets count that. Syndra, Anivia, Ahri, Thresh, Nami, Morgana, Brand. = 33000 IP Doubled for runes = 66k. That's 7 months. Actually, that's pretty insane. Riot, wtf.
463 (NA)
: You can coach me.
> [{quoted}](name=463,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=PAlQRlf7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-16T15:22:47.903+0000) > > You can coach me. I'll coach you better than he ever will, baby.
Rioter Comments
: Can we just not release new champs for a while?
No, you dumb son of a gun. After two more releases, Syndra becomes 4800 IP. One of my accounts is waiting for that.
: Riot, if you still give a shit about ARAM, make it all champions.
Riot, if you still give a shit about ARAM, *do not* make it all champions.
: Patch Chat with the Playtest Team - 7.1 Jungle Nerfs
Why did you nerf Syndra's W's base damage and AP ratio? If it has to do with the true damage bit, then you could at least make it a gradient, so that her early game remains the same.
ExHentai (NA)
: Turn off "Auto attack" from the game tab in your in-game settings.
DJ Lucio (NA)
: You can never make a post about Ahri's broken gameplay
Wtf is wrong with you punks? She's already been nerfed into the ground. Her damage is worse than it's ever been, her pick-up range and AI on R and W were nerfed as well. Go fuck yourselves.
Rioter Comments
: I made a favorite character list because why not
[Uh...Okay.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7o2Iy89WQ&t=20s)
RexSaur (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Trolosaurus,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Kipe6tn4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-07T01:14:16.561+0000) > > I've never seen worse powercreep than I have Yu-Gi-Oh > > Here's a card from 2000 > > http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/1/17/AncientTool-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20131021220545 > > Now here's a current card > http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/8/8d/GeneWarpedWarwolf-YS16-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest?cb=20160526085605 To be honest even at 2000 there were better 4 star monsters than that, that card is just garbage. Example http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/c/cf/VorseRaider-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20161007084721
> [{quoted}](name=RexSaur,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=Kipe6tn4,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2017-01-07T01:24:54.834+0000) > > To be honest even at 2000 there were better 4 star monsters than that, that card is just garbage. > > Example > > http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/c/cf/VorseRaider-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20161007084721 Dude, please. Looks count for something too. Best card. http://i.imgur.com/AIvFCF9.jpg/scale-to-width-down/300?
nm1010 (NA)
: Ahri 100% Edit: to elaborate you not only want to get fed in low elo, you also want to have mobility/easy cc/high burst to snowball it into other lanes. The other choices are ok, but they don't snowball and carry as well as Ahri does.
> [{quoted}](name=nm1010,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=h7LBcYvm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-01-08T07:24:51.702+0000) > > Ahri 100% > > Edit: to elaborate you not only want to get fed in low elo, you also want to have mobility/easy cc/high burst to snowball it into other lanes. The other choices are ok, but they don't snowball and carry as well as Ahri does. Cool, thanks. =)
Malza (NA)
: Well brand takes no skill to play well
> [{quoted}](name=Malza,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=h7LBcYvm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-08T07:12:29.949+0000) > > Well brand takes no skill to play well [Okay, but...](https://clyp.it/22qgso2r)
Rioter Comments
: Spring Split: 10 bans in pro-play
The community gets what it wants, and I am saddened. Diversity shouldn't be shoved down throats. Improve/adjust champions, items, and objectives to the point that diversity emerges naturally. The effect this haves on players who focus on a few champions is immense. The broken-down ban system helps, where you get a few picks in before the last bans, but it can still be incredibly limiting - especially when your champions are popular. This has never been a problem for me, but it became one when Syndra became popular. Increasing the amount of bans available means increasing the possibility of completely banning out a particular player. This increased ban idea works when thinking about the ban-system in its ideal state. There, bans are to accommodate certain playstyles. For example, if you want to pick Fiddlesticks, you'd ban champions who can counter him, like Lee Sin. That isn't what happens in practice. You just ban out "OP" champions, or whatever someone personally has an issue with. I hate even the idea of having bans at all, and think of it as a crutch for situations where a certain champion seriously isn't balanced (like Kassadin in S3).
Sleeeky (OCE)
: Taliyah
The 1% part might be because she hasn't been on free rotation for a very long time. I've wanted to try her out ever since I got back, but haven't been able to.
Basshead (NA)
: League of Legends Match History Not Working (JavaScript Error Included)
Dryditch (NA)
: I'm a tank player, so I'm a bit biased, but I still don't see how warmog's was broken since it hasn't been changed since then, and it's not broken now. ADCs should have had pre-nerf BotRK and LW, and then they'd have been more viable, but with consistent DPS, they did what they needed to do. It was a meta where a tank had a chance to survive if they got caught out of position three seconds away from their allies. I dunno, though. I absolutely agree that Assassins fuck up every meta when they're strong. There's just no counter to them when they're allowed to get fed. With tanks, you just slow them so they can't reach you. With Carries, you zone them out so they can't provide their damage. With Assassins, you just cry because you can be a 6 item Mundo with your ulti running and still get one-shot by a Zed who's two items behind you.
Wamogs was changed many times. At first they decreased the %, then they decreased the health, and it was reworked often until it reached the point where the effect only turns on after 3k HP, and is not constantly on. Regardless, it wasn't just the item which made the tank meta, it was only part of the problem. I wouldn't mind tanks being stronger, but they need to be killable, which they weren't at their peak.
: When I first played this game, I thought last-hitting was a terrible mini-game. Really didn't enjoy it at all. After thousands of games, I've found that not only do I enjoy it, but so many of players' interactions only get to happen because of the focus on managing the creeps. We've also created some really rich farming patterns on champions that keep them feeling lively. It's a bit of a shame that supports don't get to partake in a lot of that. I get to play the creep game by proxy: help my marksmen get the last hit, try to stop the opposition from it. But it's a pain whenever I'm alone in a lane because I'm so bad at killing creeps. I think your'e onto something. But if we were to load more power into creep management and turret taking for supports, how many people would actually appreciate that?
My $0.02 to add to your database: I'm one of the players who would not appreciate that. I felt the same way about last-hitting when I first started the game, and still feel that way, but agree that it's become a cornerstone which player interaction arises from. As a support, I hate setting minions up for my partners - especially under turret. It might seem novel at first, but later on it just feels like a chore. I get more fun out of taking advantage of the creep mini-game rather than playing it. For example, when the enemy ADC wants to last hit, it's more likely that I'll hit a Thresh hook or Nami bubble, or even an auto attack without retaliation or making them lose the minion gold. Supports don't need to CS, just balance them around that.
awdaf (NA)
: I shouldn't be able to play 3-4 games of Hearthstone before I get matched to a game
Why don't you just git bad? It's quick to find games when you're not diamond+.
: No, some players just don't know how to carry low elo games, or play champs that can't solo carry/don't have enough impact. There is no Elo Hell. Also, support is the easiest role to get carried in, but the hardest to carry bad games in. There's very little risk in it overall, though.
Truth is unpopular, I guess. This addresses everything perfectly, yet it's the lowest rated comment. - You have to play a certain way to win certain ELOs - some players don't know how to carry low ELO games. - Your champion pool matters, some are much better than others at lower ELOs. - Support is the easiest role to get carried in, and can't carry hopeless games - both because they're 100% team reliant.
Dryditch (NA)
: Personally, I was very happy in the tank meta. Fights took longer, but after the first round of Cinderhulk nerfs, the Jungle was a fun place to be, and it felt like everyone had impact. Assassins had their place--assassinating Squishies, Carries had theirs--melting tanks, and Tanks had their own place--peeling for carries. You had dedicated peel tanks, divers, and even tanks with long range initiators. It was just a really balanced meta.
Except it wasn't, and Warmogs was broken, and Darius was broken, and Mages were near-worthless. Carries also couldn't "melt tanks" to any significant degree, they could do what they always do with consistent damage given protection. Still, I liked that meta just as much as this meta. I haven't been happy with any meta, but I haven't been unfathomably upset with any meta. The closest would be when Assassins dominated midlane. At their peak, playing against Diana, Zed, and Kassadin was just not right. I fear this will make a return this year, especially after mid 2017. In order of meta terribleness when they're the dominating force: - Assassins - Bruisers - Tanks - ADCs/Mages equally.
: What kind of meta do you want?
A meta where Froggen can play Anivia.
Show more

Cynical Rain

Level 42 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion