: So why does TFT still have ranked even though its nothing but pure rng?
Don't forget the random bugs, champs just wandering around the field doing nothing(or standing still completely), randomly getting stunned for like 15 seconds instead of the correct duration of whatever effect was put on the champ. champs randomly getting knocked off your field and ruining your comp because your board was full when you got to roulette and maybe you don't notice because you were looking at something else for a little too long. camera getting locked in outerspace when you load in and having to exit and load back in to fix it because nothing else works, causing you to miss first roulette. people being able to get into the middle of the first roulette while everyone else is still locked out, basically earning a solo first pick and more that I'm too tired to remember right now. Really deserved a ranked queue before they fixed all that, yea.
: But if every comp truly has it then it's pretty balanced. Actually gives the poor peeps that get fucked on items an actual chance.
not really, because the people who are getting more items can space their champs out a little and only a couple of their champs will get items disabled. If you're truly getting fucked for items, being against a hextech comp makes it even worse because it disables the 1 or 2 decent items you've managed to scrape up. It's not fun to play with either, because the hextech champs are honestly kinda blah/mediocre other than Jinx(and you'll be lucky to get her because literally everyone is trying to get her).
: I honestly do not believe that TFT is ready for a Ranked Queue in its current state.
A reason to build some of these items would be nice. Seems like half or more of them are not worth having/bugged to hell. Everybody wants to either grab attack speed items or shojin, since those are the only ones that really seem to have a big enough impact. Other stuff that seems like it would have its uses such as thornmail just feel super underwhelming, which sucks because even when items drop from minions it's more often than not the armors, so something useful to build out of those would be wonderful. I guess to some extent it's supposed to seem like a random fuckfest, but it's sort of unacceptable when your unit decides to afk for half of the fight or more, or when your roulette champ+item disappear randomly, or when you reroll your shop and get 1 or 2 empty slots. These things are alright in beta, I guess, but the idea of them pushing a ranked mode so fast just shows that they really care more about the money people will spend on lil legends/etc than how the mode actually plays.
Vecturn (NA)
: Any ideas on how and/or if they decide to add all 145+ champions into this thing?
maybe season to season they change the champs just to keep it from getting too boring. With the way the champ pool is, though, too many champs would make it too hard to get what you need for your comp.
Febos (EUW)
: I strongly disagree with this. The problem isn't stacking items. The problem is how only a few items are worth making in the first place. Repeated items are still taking up 1 item slot. That is one less item slot for something else. All we need is the other options to be more appealing. Also, you're forgetting an important factor. What if I'm only offered item parts that combine into the same thing? Why shouldn't I be allowed to use them in the same champion? *** To reiterate. In my opinion, they should either change or buff the other options first, then consider nerfing the "meta items". Stacking isn't a problem. Cursed Blade, Guardian Angel, Redemption, etc, all those items are sub-par compared to Guinsoo, Shojin and Locket, for example.
On one hand, you're right that a fair few of the items need to be changed to something useful so we stop seeing the same 3-4 items every game. On the other hand, if you think item stacking isn't an annoying mechanic that feels horrible to play against, you're either wrong or a masochist.
: Item Stacking Should Be REMOVED in TFT.
It's part of the mode, though. Right? It certainly makes the idea of ranked a joke, but at the same time it's kinda fun to be able to turn around a huge loss by crushing your enemy's souls with these admittedly bullshit items.
: Neeko Login barely a day
She'll be back in January probably, after all-stars it will be the winter login, and after that it will be back to Neeko until the next event/champ.
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pOAKmoIe,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-06T19:06:58.590+0000) > > my pick... > More rakan skins plz > But I like the idea of Caitlyn, and definitely think we need Vi in there and Taliyah is a good pick too > {{champion:254}} leader > {{champion:51}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:163}} > I think Annie would be adorable too, but she has so many skins already. no xayah rakan
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pOAKmoIe,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-12-06T19:12:43.210+0000) > > no xayah rakan YES Xayah Rakan.
CLG ear (NA)
: Idea for the next set of Star Guardians
my pick... More rakan skins plz But I like the idea of Caitlyn, and definitely think we need Vi in there and Taliyah is a good pick too {{champion:254}} leader {{champion:51}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:163}} I think Annie would be adorable too, but she has so many skins already.
Arammus (EUW)
: 60 rp too much to ask for?
Doesn't matter if you can't draw. Try your best. You're asking for handouts but not willing to scribble in paint for 10 minutes... guess you get nothing. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qd4Ldm92,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-12-06T16:00:48.172+0000) > > General Discussion is for all things related to gaming and is for both League of Legends discussion and off-topic discussions. This thread is fine as is. I am not saying its not allowed to be here..... I just do not understand the logic behind it. I mean, I pooped today, but I do not come to League of Legends Boards to discuss it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jinxsterr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qd4Ldm92,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-12-06T16:15:58.246+0000) > > I am not saying its not allowed to be here..... I just do not understand the logic behind it. I mean, I pooped today, but I do not come to League of Legends Boards to discuss it. But you **could** come to the League of Legends boards to discuss it as long as you weren't too graphic and it would be fine. That's the point.
: Guys it's 8 AM. Chill. Neeko will be available soon.
: BIG NEWS: Tumblr confirmed they are banning all adult content permanently
: I don't understand the argument "there is no counterplay" to Dark Harvest
electrocute requires 3 hits within 3 seconds, has a 20 second cooldown with no resets. Aery? 40 damage at level 18, with a lower AD/AP scaling than DH, plus no stacking? It's minimal damage. Predator requires a channeling period, giving your enemy plenty of time to see you coming, has a 100s cooldown and doesn't reset on takedowns. So yea, not only is DH easier to proc, you don't have to make any preparations for it and it can be used multiple times in a fight unlike any of the other things you mentioned.
: The designation of why is was removed isn't always a big concern for me. When I think someone is getting harassed, the other party is being a jerk *and* having an inappropriate discussion (potentially). If the penalties for that were significantly different, that distinction would matter a lot. As it stands, I think that's splitting hairs. As I've explained elsewhere, I removed that because I thought, in the moment, that it was an intentional attack against a user. That is well within the purview for removal. The removal was not necessarily predicated on the fact that we're talking about abuse; Ulan may have reasoned that way, but that's not why I removed it. I'm always game for discussing abuse of mod power. I think it's really important. I do not, though, see the value in using insults about a *past* moderators mental health. Calling someone mad is an insult. I don't have a high tolerance for insults, in particular, that seem to suggest that someone has a mental health issue. I think that's a touchy subject that we don't need to get into. That's why i removed it. As for my agreement with Djinn, I have a *long* history (at this point) of mutual respect. When he has a differing opinion from me, I pay attention, because I think Djinn has a lot of good ideas, even if I don't always agree with him. It doesn't offend me to be told I was little over-aggressive with that removal. I have taken that opinion under advisement so I can serve you guys better in the future. I retain the opinion that when we think there's a danger of continued harassment, a short ban is a good precautionary measure, so that the person has to come talk to us and we can make sure there's a mutual understanding before they can spam another 50 insults. That may not have been the case here, and, if presented with a similar situation in the future, I'll definitely be more careful about jumping straight to a ban. Does that alleviate some of your concern?
> [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Qpbjz8F7,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-04T01:06:44.399+0000) > > The designation of why is was removed isn't always a big concern for me. When I think someone is getting harassed, the other party is being a jerk *and* having an inappropriate discussion (potentially). If the penalties for that were significantly different, that distinction would matter a lot. As it stands, I think that's splitting hairs. > > As I've explained elsewhere, I removed that because I thought, in the moment, that it was an intentional attack against a user. That is well within the purview for removal. The removal was not necessarily predicated on the fact that we're talking about abuse; Ulan may have reasoned that way, but that's not why I removed it. > > I'm always game for discussing abuse of mod power. I think it's really important. I do not, though, see the value in using insults about a *past* moderators mental health. Calling someone mad is an insult. I don't have a high tolerance for insults, in particular, that seem to suggest that someone has a mental health issue. I think that's a touchy subject that we don't need to get into. That's why i removed it. > Dude, I have no idea who the guy is talking about in that comment, and I guess that might just be me, but you're seeing it from the angle you want to see it from. There's absolutely no mention of anyone's name, and there's definitely no mention of anybody's mental health. He just said "power mad", which would be easily interchangeable with something like "power hungry". Would "power hungry" still have offended you? You're really coming across like you're giving special treatment to your friends because you only perceived that an insult was present and decided to punish, when in reality it was more of a passive remark. Before I left GD(which was after community mods, and you guys still have the same rules) I had plenty of comments directed at me that were REAL personal attacks and ACTUAL insults that were not removed(some of which came from a community mod himself), so it's just obnoxious to see this, you understand. You guys have been extra sensitive for your friends since this whole thing started and couldn't care less about the posters outside of your friend groups. And I get you're probably not gonna read or agree with this because I'm not a mod, and I'm not trying to launch a personal attack against you either, it's just an issue that has been present with the mod team since community mods started.
: GD I'd like your thoughts on this moderator action if you have time please.
I felt like I was missing context, so I went to your other thread to get that context, and even in context this is a ridiculous removal. This aint minority report, mods shouldn't be removing comments because of discussions that _MIGHT_ take place after the fact. Damn if they didn't prove the point of the removed post by removing it.
MrSuitss (NA)
: When is the next event? I like doing missions.
Probably right after all-stars which is the 6th-8th. They can't wait too much longer because if they do the christmas content won't be relevant.
: "{{champion:81}} He has constant poke which makes it very easy for him to get enemies to half health. Afterwards, just W/Q or even just an R will kill with dark harvest" I've never seen an Ezreal run anything other than Kleptomancy.
> [{quoted}](name=FailureOfAPerson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QX4Th18p,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2018-12-03T02:02:22.758+0000) > > "{{champion:81}} He has constant poke which makes it very easy for him to get enemies to half health. Afterwards, just W/Q or even just an R will kill with dark harvest" > > I've never seen an Ezreal run anything other than Kleptomancy. It was super popluar right when the DH changes came out, but since the hotfix it dropped off a lot and everyone is back to Klepto. It was pretty much like 3 days of DH Ezreal.
: I just saw a comment..
Nobody who actually matters thinks women shouldn't be playing League, don't worry.
: Champions that are seriously a problem with dark harvest
As if Brand needed to be any more cancerous. Bot lane just sucks in general right now cuz it's just a bunch of long range mages with dark harvest for supports.
Romance (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XP3EQ5gt,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-01T11:10:05.032+0000) > > just because it's more fun than something you don't enjoy doesn't excuse it. It's literal copy-pasted code, models and animations from Fallout 4 and Skyrim just with some texture work done. They didn't even bother to remove references to fallout 4 from the shit they copied over. > Something like that should never be worth full price. TFW people worship the fuck out of Fallout 3: New Vegas despite it did the same thing. Why is this so hard for people to grasp that Fallout 76 isn't a new game or intended to be, nor advertised as a new game? It's been very clearly Bethesda's attempt at making a Fallout 4 online mod. You take what you get. It doesn't help that people for years have cried for online variants to these games, and now that Bethesda is making the effort to try and find how that would feasibly work for future installments if they try to incorporate the functionality they decide it's time to cry because it isn't perfect. I'm not trying to make an excuse for Bethesda because this is pretty laughable but people are deliberately being obtuse. Hypothetically speaking if they completely overhauled the engine and made the game actually work, people would cry it doesn't "feel" like Fallout because not surprisingly. . . the premise of the damn game doesn't make sense for multiplayer outside of how it might be justified in story. The whole gameplay aspect? Hell no. It's the same case with Elder Scrolls Online.
> [{quoted}](name=Romance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XP3EQ5gt,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2018-12-02T01:27:07.188+0000) > > TFW people worship the fuck out of Fallout 3: New Vegas > I don't... sorry NV fans, I couldn't get into it. > Why is this so hard for people to grasp that Fallout 76 isn't a new game or intended to be, nor advertised as a new game? It's been very clearly Bethesda's attempt at making a Fallout 4 online mod. You take what you get. > It IS a new game, though. It was launched with a full new-game price tag. If it's a mod or expansion for Fallout 4, it should have been priced accordingly from the beginning. Instead they only reduced the price when people got wise to their shit. > It doesn't help that people for years have cried for online variants to these games, and now that Bethesda is making the effort to try and find how that would feasibly work for future installments if they try to incorporate the functionality they decide it's time to cry because it isn't perfect. I'm not trying to make an excuse for Bethesda because this is pretty laughable but people are deliberately being obtuse. > > Hypothetically speaking if they completely overhauled the engine and made the game actually work, people would cry it doesn't "feel" like Fallout because not surprisingly. . . the premise of the damn game doesn't make sense for multiplayer outside of how it might be justified in story. The whole gameplay aspect? Hell no. It's the same case with Elder Scrolls Online. I think everyone is perfectly right to complain about the game. I have been hearing that the bugs for 76 are so bad that it becomes unplayable quite frequently, and that there is so much lag and stuttering when anything comes on screen that it's quite unbearable. Even as an "online variant"(that was still priced as a full new game) it doesn't work properly. I would say that's far from "not perfect" even without getting into the issues with the empty world and dull gameplay.
: Eh, I'd let it slide honestly. Community wanted canvas bags, so next time they made bags they were out of canvas.
> [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XP3EQ5gt,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-12-01T18:58:37.172+0000) > > Eh, I'd let it slide honestly. Community wanted canvas bags, so next time they made bags they were out of canvas. so... uh... buy more canvas? It's not a rare material by any means.
Zertryx (NA)
: Fallout 76 is more fun than LoL right now soo ... worth the money i spent.
> [{quoted}](name=Zertryx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XP3EQ5gt,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-12-01T10:19:27.299+0000) > > Fallout 76 is more fun than LoL right now soo ... worth the money i spent. just because it's more fun than something you don't enjoy doesn't excuse it. It's literal copy-pasted code, models and animations from Fallout 4 and Skyrim just with some texture work done. They didn't even bother to remove references to fallout 4 from the shit they copied over. Something like that should never be worth full price.
: Yeah my friend and I's solution to this, is to just gift each other the RP needed to buy the skin instead.
> [{quoted}](name=Duchess Katarina,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KO4zKqfO,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-29T01:06:05.325+0000) > > Yeah my friend and I's solution to this, is to just gift each other the RP needed to buy the skin instead. I just wanted to use the RP I had sitting on my account. I'm not trying to spend more money on Riot right now. Not only that, but the skin is meant to be 750, right? $5 is only 650, so you'd have to spend $10. I don't want to do that.
: Gifting a skin's counterpart to players who already have the other variation should not cost full RP
Ya i was gonna buy the pajama soraka for a friend, only to find that it's 1350 for me even though he has the original. If they fix it, I might consider gifting, but it kinda annoyed me so who knows.
: I Play Because I'm An Addict. Would I Recommend League To A Friend?
I agree with you League players are horrible, but I think your reasons are part of why this community is so damn toxic. This "I'm going to report you and then you'll be sorry" crap leaked into other online communities as a meme. I remember when Lyte started doing his shit to the community and world chat in WoW was mocking it for an entire expansion. League's reporting system has actually made it so that the player base is more sensitive than any community on any online game. Not only do people feel justified when they get offended over small insults like "idiot" or "noob", but they feel like they have the direct power to get someone permanently removed from the game for chat... _and on top of that they actually ENJOY trying to get people banned_. That alone makes the community worse than any other part of it, and wanting to see that pop-up saying you successfully got someone punished for saying "ggez" as your nexus exploded is sort of part of that toxic lust for vengeance they've trained into the players. And it seems players are far more likely to be banned for words than they are for actually trying to ruin and lose matches. I absolutely think that people should be banned or at least permanently muted for hate speech and threats, but the community is so sensitive now that they take every class of insult at the same level of severity. But yea... I would really never recommend this game to a friend. I've actually told several people not to start because I know how new players are treated here.
Investa (NA)
: Calling it now, this is little more than an "elaborate troll" to prey on the jaded sheeple who do nothing on this forum but complain about how much the game sucks and how it was "so much better in my day". I mean, just looking at the rating on this post and the amount of people clamoring for such a product that is basically advertising itself as "League as it was 5+ years ago, which was way better btw"...It just screams like a bait. It's just so painful to see so many people who would probably be happier if they just stopped associating with something they despise. It's equal parts pathetic and pitiable. If I didn't like something, I'd distance myself from it instead of wallowing in my own shit. So I applaud you OP, if this is indeed a true endeavor, you have appealed to the very people you do not want playing your game. If this is actually a troll like I suspect, thanks for the cathartic glee it gives me. Good luck either way.
> [{quoted}](name=inbredpsychosis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ImWRf31k,comment-id=0044,timestamp=2018-11-28T17:02:25.432+0000) > > Calling it now, this is little more than an "elaborate troll" to prey on the jaded sheeple who do nothing on this forum but complain about how much the game sucks and how it was "so much better in my day". I mean, just looking at the rating on this post and the amount of people clamoring for such a product that is basically advertising itself as "League as it was 5+ years ago, which was way better btw"...It just screams like a bait. I assume it is a troll, since anyone asking for some kind of proof that the game exists are being ignored. They said they already have the characters made, but no pictures, models or video provided. Seems like if it was real they would be excited to show off their art direction or get some feedback on the visuals or designs.
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
Do you have concept art at all? I would love to see some. Doesn't matter if it's watermarked to shit, I still want to see.
: Everytime i see this makes my blood boil
I was confused why Diana didn't get an eclipse skin as well, but I'm not sure it warrants so much anger.
Britard (EUW)
: I'm still waiting for the ARAM stats they promised when they launched the new client, at this point I'm not expecting anything.
> [{quoted}](name=Britard,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBmW3Jnp,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-26T16:34:55.912+0000) > > I'm still waiting for the ARAM stats they promised when they launched the new client, at this point I'm not expecting anything. It might show up eventually. They had promised to add a replay function to the client so many years before it actually happened.
Jikker (NA)
: Agreed. Silly that we can't do this yet tbh. It'd be great to release it right for the holiday season when gift giving is at its highest.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBmW3Jnp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-26T15:31:54.461+0000) > > It'd be great to release it right for the holiday season when gift giving is at its highest. I really wish they would/hope they could get that done. They seem like nice gifts for internet friends that you maybe don't know well enough to spend a lot of money on but still want to show appreciation for.
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBmW3Jnp,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T13:02:59.338+0000) > > i'd rather have a taco than an emote tho Wait... Is Riot enabling gifting of tacos? The one thing that could bring me back to this game? Moar tacos plz Rito.
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBmW3Jnp,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T13:45:52.785+0000) > > Wait... > > Is Riot enabling gifting of tacos? The one thing that could bring me back to this game? > > Moar tacos plz Rito. Of course you have to buy a regular taco first, then if you want to get a soft taco or any other flavors you need to buy the tachromas. The fish taco is of course a content creator giveaway exclusive.
Febos (EUW)
: Yes. While at it, make a "gift random emote" too. That would be nice. https://img-comment-fun.9cache.com/media/amozG2/aM7KNXAl_700wa_0.gif
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBmW3Jnp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-26T12:49:38.373+0000) > > Yes. While at it, make a "gift random emote" too. That would be nice. > > https://img-comment-fun.9cache.com/media/amozG2/aM7KNXAl_700wa_0.gif we have so many that a random emote option would be nice too, yea. C'mon, Rito, you're really missing out here. :C
CLG ear (NA)
: buy your friends tacos instead
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=JBmW3Jnp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-26T12:41:04.870+0000) > > buy your friends tacos instead You only appreciate a taco once. You appreciate BMing your enemy laner for eternity.
Rioter Comments
: Why is it an issue when a ghey character mentions who they like?
It's pretty disheartening, especially since it's a very small portion of her lines, but people are so butthurt about like 5 lines that they're saying her _entire VO_ is proclaiming her homosexuality. And most of it is in her special interactions. When was the last time you even noticed a special interaction when you played any other character? It's literally a non-issue, just a couple lines you can enjoy if you choose to, and ignore if you don't, but there are so many people flipping shit about it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vartius,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=000300010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-19T23:44:28.424+0000) > > Sexual character doesn't mean homosexual. > Even some people who like that in r34 would be irritated. > It's like with Varus - people don't like making already established characters gay. It seems forced. What if he had always been gay but that element just hadn't shown?
> [{quoted}](name=painkills,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xFbaFao0,comment-id=0003000100000000000000000002,timestamp=2018-11-20T18:33:55.722+0000) > > What if he had always been gay but that element just hadn't shown? Well before he had a family, wife and kid and whatnot. He could still be gay under those circumstances, but unlikely.
HellBell (EUW)
: Unpopular opinion: Neeko’s character feels kinda offensive.
It's literally like 5 lines out of 12 minutes of voiceover. She's not constantly proclaiming her love for boobs. And about the man comments... geez... imagine being genuinely offended over some almost-insults said by a fictional character. If those lines were made with the writers thinking about how much they hate men and how they're gonna stick it to them by writing the lines I guess it would be feasible to take issue with it, but I highly doubt that's the case because they barely even qualify as insults.
: > [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZUZjKNE1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:59:00.856+0000) > > It's super offbeat, but that actually makes me like it more, personally. For me, the problem is the offbeat nature of it makes Neeko feel more like a parody or badly executed fan creation. Her dialogue doesn't have the kind of quality I'd otherwise expect from Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=Frankenburger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZUZjKNE1,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-20T17:01:46.849+0000) > > For me, the problem is the offbeat nature of it makes Neeko feel more like a parody or badly executed fan creation. Her dialogue doesn't have the kind of quality I'd otherwise expect from Riot. I can see that. For most of her lines it sounds purposefully offbeat, which I'm kinda diggin'. But there are some lines in there that just sound like they should have done another take, I agree.
AIIan (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=00060000000000010001,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:41:23.750+0000) > > What if the team just wanted to make a character that happened to have a certain sexuality? Why is there anything wrong with that? Like I get what you're saying, against making these characters simply for inclusion, but that argument doesn't really fit in this specific instance because Neeko doesn't feel like that at all. Which is why I wrote that, not as a reaction to Neeko's existence, but to a specific comment that I quoted in that post. Not to mention that what I wrote applies to consummers and not creators, so really, I don't see what your point is here. My biggest grip with Neeko is that you don't call any character period 'Neeko' if they turn out to be anything but a nekomata. Come on. What's next, Inari the were-orca ?!
> [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=000600000000000100010000,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:52:29.755+0000) > > Which is why I wrote that, not as a reaction to Neeko's existence, but to a specific comment that I quoted in that post. Not to mention that what I wrote applies to consummers and not creators, so really, I don't see what your point is here. > > My biggest grip with Neeko is that you don't call any character period 'Neeko' if they turn out to be anything but a nekomata. Come on. What's next, Inari the were-orca ?! I just took issue with you saying they treat the creators like slaves, I guess. I feel like it's really rare that a creator actually puts a character in that they didn't want to exist in their universe, but every time there is a character that fits into a minority group there are people complaining about them just existing for inclusion, so your argument against it in this particular scenario was just something I disagreed with at this point in time. your same comments during something like the Varus lore change would be something I agreed with, I guess.
: Anyone else find Neeko's dialogue to be cringy and her voice actor a bit off?
It's super offbeat, but that actually makes me like it more, personally.
AIIan (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T06:13:00.210+0000) > > No, it's because homosexuality is a thing that exists in real life. If you make a game with a large cast of characters that lacks gay characters, you have indirectly discriminated against gay people. That's a stupid, asinine concept. Just because something exists in real life doesn't mean it automatically needs representation. For example, as far as I'm aware of, League still doesn't have any Ace champion (like 99.9% of every piece of fiction that ever existed by the way, Ace people are literally inexistant in the public's mind) and yet I don't feel discriminated against. This mindset is toxic and produces entitled brats that treat creators like slaves that should cater to their sensitivity first and foremost. If you crave that kind of representation, find products that are made with gays in mind or make it yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=AIIan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-20T15:22:42.624+0000) > > > This mindset is toxic and produces entitled brats that treat creators like slaves that should cater to their sensitivity first and foremost. If you crave that kind of representation, find products that are made with gays in mind or make it yourself. What if the team just wanted to make a character that happened to have a certain sexuality? Why is there anything wrong with that? Like I get what you're saying, against making these characters simply for inclusion, but that argument doesn't really fit in this specific instance because Neeko doesn't feel like that at all.
HÔPÊ (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=HÔPÊ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K8xIq4PA,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:26:54.659+0000) > > It is not about her being gay. It is about her interactions with other champions. A lot of her lines are about being gay, which is kinda ... unnecessary. I mean ... she doesn't even have character traits. It seems that being gay is her only trait and cameleon are her only traits lol. They could just mention it once in lore and once in interactions and we would fkn remember. I would actually prefer her character to be better so that I would like her. She has almost 12 minutes of voiceover and like maybe 5 lines that establish her as a lesbian. The rest of her is chameleon, If that's true to you, it's the same with every champ. Ezreal is JUST the guy that finds artifacts with some lines about Lux and Xayah(shoving his damn straightness in your face). Taliyah is just a girl that talks about rocks. Jhin is just a dude who talks about murder art, Azir="shurima" etc etc. If you actually listen to her voice over she's an adorable curious tomato. There's plenty of character there, it's fine if you don't like her, but anyone saying her entire character is just her sexuality is pretty wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=DeIli,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HkyvGeEg,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T11:27:06.018+0000) > > Why would it be mentioned in her short biography rather than her hundreds of voice lines lol there's so many flirtatious voice lines in this game You can't just throw the "oh she's lesbian btw". You aren't just gay for the sake of being gay. There should be a reason for it. Edit: A lot of people are misunderstanding what I was trying to say with this. I formulated this in a very bad way, I agree, but I won't reply to everyone asking the same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HkyvGeEg,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T11:29:33.996+0000) > > You can't just throw the "oh she's lesbian btw". You aren't just gay for the sake of being gay. There should be a reason for it. lmao this is such a weird comment to me. Ya there's a reason she is a lesbian, it's because she is attracted to women. Good enough?
im small (EUW)
: Why do people think Neeko being a lesbian is an issue?
So first I wanted to say I love Neeko and think she's adorable and can't wait to try her out, and I think all of her lines towards female champs are cute as hell. But people absolutely do complain about Xayah and Rakan rubbing their relationship in everyone's faces. It's so annoying. Even I hate it, and I'm a Rakan main. Oh the dread I feel when someone picks Xayah just because I'm going Rakan. It gets so obnoxious, I'm telling you. As for Varus, it was a little disappointing, because for them it really did feel like they did that just to satisfy SJWs because nothing about Varus was really changed. It was just his lore(which most people don't care about anyway). I think Neeko is an example of doing it the proper way, because instead of changing unimportant things about a pre-existing character just to make people happy, they have created a character where being a lesbian is just naturally a part of her.
Goat4Life (EUNE)
: How not to get banned, EVER!
You could try not freaking out over a video game. That person you're flaming could be like a 7 year old. You never know.
rujitra (NA)
: Look, i hate the term “person” being used where “man” was traditionally used (ex: fireman turned into fireperson [firefighter is okay], congressman being turned into congressperson, etc). It’s awkward, clunky, and stupid. “Man” in this instance refers to human. As much as people try to change it, “man” will always be the definitive term for all of “humanity” - history can’t be altered. That being said, I love that Riot is at least trying to be inclusive, even if I personally think it’s unnecessary, clunky, and annoying.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QxrREyI4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-24T20:27:20.970+0000) > > Look, i hate the term “person” being used where “man” was traditionally used (ex: fireman turned into fireperson [firefighter is okay], congressman being turned into congressperson, etc). It’s awkward, clunky, and stupid. “Man” in this instance refers to human. As much as people try to change it, “man” will always be the definitive term for all of “humanity” - history can’t be altered. > > That being said, I love that Riot is at least trying to be inclusive, even if I personally think it’s unnecessary, clunky, and annoying. I think you meant to say "huperson" and "hupersonity" or "hupeople". But for real, I wonder if they're going to change it to marksperson in the client too.
AIQ (NA)
: Just replying to give it a shot from a different perspective, yours is not wrong mine is just different i hope that makes sense. I personally think it's pretty cool that they give you a bank essentially saying. "You don't need to buy the pass, but if you do you get this." That way late comers can still get the same tokens they would've, (I don't know if first wins are included in the stash if so even better!) Another complaint was "If I purchase this and don't use it I lose out." Depending on the skin you get from the orb yes you can lose out, but if you work on your stash first then decide "I have enough for the chromas I want + the Kaisa" then wasn't that better than purchasing it first and not knowing if you could get it? I wholeheartedly agree that the miscommunication around the stash was very poor and Riot did a poor job letting people know what it was, but when you find out how you can use it to your advantage it's pretty good. As for forcing you to watch, lets be serious 90% of people had those things on a VOD in the background on another tab as we played or watched something else. If you didn't I'm sorry your didn't learn you could till now. However, I will say some matches where AMAZING, Series you should watch are C9 vs vitality. Which Game 2 is probably the greatest game of worlds thus far. And pretty much ALL the quarterfinal games were good in their own right. Pros fortunately are doing a lot of anti meta stuff (not all but some). Like I said earlier I can see where youa re coming from being swideled from the lack of communication and the feeling of being "forced to watch." For me I felt that the gains where worth the effort, then again I'm a die hard Shyvana fan and needed that Chroma in my life lol so I made sure to get those games in. Currently I have Shyvana chroma/border/ Zed Thresh and Kha Chroma/ and 2 orbs. (I don't like the Kaisa skin) I hope none of this stuff becomes available again, that would increase the value even more for me. If you like the chromas/icons/or kaisa go for it may be your only chance (I hope it is) if not, I think it's better that you pass as the worlds orbs have been really unlucky for me. :(
> [{quoted}](name=AIQ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4wJ7gN7y,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-22T16:50:09.558+0000) > > I personally think it's pretty cool that they give you a bank essentially saying. "You don't need to buy the pass, but if you do you get this." That way late comers can still get the same tokens they would've, (I don't know if first wins are included in the stash if so even better!) > I agree with that idea. I just think they "missed the mark", so to speak, in the way they presented that concept visually. For anyone who didn't thoroughly read the announcement(or didn't read it at all) the button just looks like an arbitrary "claim tokens" button and you don't realize you have to buy the pass until you click and are dragged to the store. So instead of looking like it's just keeping track of what you would have accumulated with worlds pass, it looks more like something that is there solely to encourage you to buy the pass. Honestly I'm pretty sure it's only there to encourage sales anyway, I just feel like it could be presented more transparently. Ultimately my issue isn't with the concept, it's with the graphic being there, being so huge, and being unclear at first inspection that you're about to be asked to buy something with real money. I think anyone who is upset about the way it looks is right to be. It can be taken as just another sign of what matters most to Riot at this point. ultimately, though, we will have to see what they do for their next events. Will they do it differently or will we have this same button from here on out? > Another complaint was "If I purchase this and don't use it I lose out." Depending on the skin you get from the orb yes you can lose out, but if you work on your stash first then decide "I have enough for the chromas I want + the Kaisa" then wasn't that better than purchasing it first and not knowing if you could get it? > Not really, because you do miss out on the First Win of the Day missions that you get exclusively from the pass in this scenario.
: Climbing Advice for Support Main
it's hard to climb as support if you're using something squishy with high cooldowns on their CC. try one that can make differences more easily and more often like Taric, Thresh, Rakan. a support that will be useful no matter what happens is the best choice.
: Holy What The Fuck?
shouldn't be surprised by china doing wasteful shit like that. Heard of the bike share catastrophe? https://i.imgur.com/FAjXL1V.jpg[/img] https://i.imgur.com/eKDzWiv.jpg[/img] https://i.imgur.com/TNSvyH2.jpg[/img] https://i.imgur.com/Wb82rZ7.jpg[/img] https://i.imgur.com/CeQ7dDd.jpg[/img] here is the super wonderful article these pics came from: https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/03/bike-share-oversupply-in-china-huge-piles-of-abandoned-and-broken-bicycles/556268/
Show more

Cynicatt

Level 86 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion