: Kayle's new voice lines are awefully dark..
New-Kayle is psychotic, they just sci-fi'd her up for that skin. Play her baseline currently, and you'll get pretty much equally concerning comments.
: What is tahm kench the demon of?
All the Dev/writer talk I'd read so far implied to me he was a despair-demon. He uses all his powers and methods to invoke despair in his prey, and feeds on /that/, and he is very gluttonous for his feeding on said despair. His launch-story was him literally setting up a guy's entire life for success, just to take it all away, including his love, so that the despair would be at maximum pitch, and that was a true 'feast' for him. The physical eating is just a tool he uses to accomplish that.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Not sure where you are getting the idea that she wasn't as extreme as the current one? I mean old Kayle had quotes like "An eye for an eye." "Who's next?" "Your time has come." There is really nothing in her quotes or story that suggest that she was more lenient than the current one.
"To be human is to be imperfect, but I am not human!" "Only the divine may judge." "Emotions are a weakness." "I must feel nothing to fight injustice." "The light of my devotion will set the world aflame." "Only the innocent will be spared. IF I can find any!" "Only the guilty need fear me." "The law does not tolerate imperfection. I am no exception." Also this exchange is particularly harsh compared to old Kayle: Kayle: "Still playing with your little human pets, sister?" Morgana: "At least I haven't smited all my friends." I played Old Kayle quite a bit. Neeeever got a comparable feeling. Militant, not psychotic.
: Wait, why do you think Freljord is hypersimplified now? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm genuinely curious to hear your thoughts. I have my own issues with the new lore, particularly with the characters, but the worldbuilding and the settings of the new lore weren't part of those problems, at least in my opinion.
In the IoW-era storyline, Ashe was a leader managing tense politics to avoid a war with violent enemies on multiple fronts, and even accepted a political marriage to try and help cement the peace as much as she could. Sejuani and Volibear were allies purely of philosophy, and were diametrically opposed to Ashe's attempts at supportive peace managing. Now you basically just have old-guard mommy issues and... can't even remember now, actually, it left my head that fast. Not saying it's badly produced story, it's just not compelling to me. Old Freljord felt lived in and tense, with the threat of war inside its own borders constant and likely even with the IoW around (because the IoW really only managed inter-country conflicts, not internal ones). There was the backdrop of Lissandra's benefactors as a looming threat that might force Sej and Ashe to work together at some point, but the story was axed before that could ever come to fruition. All the 'new' stories in Freljord I've read just felt... empty. Either generic wanderers in an arctic environment and some eldritch horror elements. The comic is fine, just not as interesting to me in terms of the characters and plot as the old stuff was.
: Meh, its all about finding the champ whose story really speaks to you, with so many champs out there the vast majority of people can certainly find that person, but not everyone, sorry that you havent found someone you enjoy. Personally I love to read lengthy novels, and knowing about the extended world of the characters I play is what makes them interesting, and as a big Warhammer fan, the darker path that riot has been going down is right up my ally in world design. Also side note, 'Hyper-Fascist Zealot', lol, I can't believe someone can write that and actually take it seriously.
Well to be clear, I have several I enjoy. The new lore just retconned them into completely different characters. And /those/ I don't enjoy as much. And I did mean it quite seriously. She is quite plain about hunting down and murdering anyone who doesn't adhere to her specific standards.
GreenLore (EUW)
: Honestly this pretty much highlights one of the biggest problems with the old lore(and some of the new one), the lackluster characterization of their characters. You say Kayle is now a zealot, but the impression that I get is that Kayle was always supposed to be kind of a zealot, but the old lore simply never made this clear, because it left so many open gaps in Kayles characterization.
old-Kayle was a zealot. But a sincere one. She was NOT the hardline nutjob you meet in game now. Honestly, Morgana is the nice one now.
: Well imo new lore does have a hearth if you are into fantasty settings. I'm sorry that you aren't into it tho. Also the examples you provided are not the best among the new lore. Ex Shurima arc has a hearth, even tho I hate to say it Bilgewater has too, Demacia has too, Noxus has too, Freljord has too. Yeah there are a few bad things but that doesn't mean all lore is like that. Not even the narrative team are perfect to not make mistakes sometimes. Plus as you said, things can actually happen in new lore because there arent some incredibly op guys who can stop everything. Unifying theme? Meh... not all people are into that. You gotta understand about the new lore that not every champ in the same faction has the same background or motivations, and that there are multiple aspects to a region (no pun intended for Targon) that are each shown with a different champ from their PoV. About Riven, Ionia is divided asf. Even more than Freljord and Shurima who are unifying rn. It has a ton of different cultures and it's not gonna be the same everywhere there
Honestly, I chose the examples I did because I found the the most compelling/positive examples. Bilgewater rework bored me so terribly I couldn't actually finish the stories, though I do like the /attempt/ to give Miss Fortune gravitas (and her login music for Captain Fortune skin is Fing great). Demacia is now just a fantasy dystopia ripped right out of Dragon Age. Shurima gets more dull the more they add to it, and I found Sivir's updated lore painfully awkward and pretzeled to pull Cassiopea into it (that might've been re-retconned, been a while). Freljord has been hypersimplified, to be honest, and I consider it the weakest link in the current lore. The IoW lore had it's issues, because every setting has it's issues. You've just listed out the ones for the new lore. There were several ways of working through or around the IoW to create virtually any story you want. Riot just chose to retcon instead of engaging. As for unifying theme: indeed, not all people are into that. And some people /are/. I'm one of them.
Rioter Comments
: So, you are right. The old lore was a fucking mess. Hell, the most consistently updated part of the lore was a gossip rag! If I don’t want to read about actual celebrities why would I read about the tawdry pointless lives of fake celebrities? But I’d say there was a potential to the old lore. A potential never realized. Have you ever heard of a game called Legend of the Five Rings? Fascinating card game from years back. In brief each year they’d play a tournament and the way the tourney played out would determine the story going forward. This got crazy at times, with one pretty major player switching his deck to a different faction and that whole thing got turned into one of the hero cards from the original deck becoming a turncoat to the new faction. And just so much more. The tourneys were then written in narrative and created a developing interesting game world. And the reason this worked was because the game’s mechanics developed the story. The idea of a group of heroes to represent factions playing this strange game to have effect on the world is a unique one and could have been used to create an engaging experience. It didn’t. Not at all. The closest we got was the halfassed Ionia/Noxus Thing and the battle for the crown of Freljord. Neither actually went anywhere or were given stories to show this development. They just happened and we got a shoe. No new stories or anything. I believe that dream of the game and story being linked together is part of why we have people so invested in the old lore. And hell, a few years back there was a group who did run tournaments to determine their own split off lore based upon game results. I believe the participants found it very fun. I’m not sure whatever happened to them. But the storytelling I outlined above takes a lot of work. Requires a very fluid understanding of story structure and requires a writer with little control on their own story. More of a grand scale D&D campaign than a narrative. So it makes sense for those who don’t want to do that to scrap it and start something more manageable. Normal character driven stories completely divorced from the gameplay. Noticeably after this game and story divergence the one time they came back together was when Gangplank “died” which was a terrible idea. Instead of letting the players influence the story the story imposed restrictions on the players screwing over any Gangplank player in the process. So yeah lot of potential little to no actual success in the telling. Instead of a player driven developing story. We got shoes and a gossip rag. So it was replaced. But here’s the thing. I don’t think the new lore is all that good, either. Now don’t get me wrong. It’s better than the magazine. So much better than the magazine. But it’s not all that good as fantasy. The setting seems patched together, the technology and social development is inconsistent and the designs often laughable. Which admittedly the old lore had just as bad, but then it wasn’t trying to be taken seriously. So it wasn’t. The new lore seems to strive for more complex storytelling, but I haven’t felt it. I’ve read most of what comes out and honestly I don’t know why. It isn’t particularly exciting. If I wanted good action writing I’d go reread Gemmel, or Abercrombie, or Howard. The moral complexity that gets toted on the boards seems simplistic next to Martin or Hugo. The prose is no Tolkien or Tolstoy. There doesn’t seem to be any glimpse of a deeper meaning to the stories or some grand reflection of human nature. The new lore has never made me laugh, or cry, or scream, or give me an adrenaline rush. The characters don’t excite me, the worldbuilding seems slapdash. It is an improvement. But it isn’t great either.
Well said! You articulated a point I was trying to make much better!
: Old league lore was bad, like really bad.
I prefer coherent s@#$ to self-important vapidity, personally. The old lore was brief, simplistic, and often crass, but you know what you were dealing with AND IT ECHOED IN THE GAME with the voice lines and basic interactions, which was the most important part. Having a champion /directly address me/ as a summoner was some of the best feelings a videogame had given me at the time. And that is precisely what they tossed out the window. Glad you're enjoying the current lore. I'm not. EDIT: Oh and on the 'IoW was stifling the story' topic: the Riot writers said that. They're the ones in charge of RIot's story, and they get to say that. I find it completely mind-numblingly stupid, and is essentially the equivalent of just saying 'f@#$ it', but it is their right to say it. As a writer myself, /I/ found the setting inspiring, and helped provide a groundwork for interactions between characters and conflicts that could persist in a way that no normal setting and war could allow for. And now we're down to pretty damn standard tropes and fantasy dynamics. Glad you're enjoying the new version, but the old version was unique and flavorful in a way that is not matched. And at this point? Nostalgia for the story is the only value the story has to me. Its been butchered too much to latch onto anything solid. INdividual stories/elements can be really solid, but the whole picture? Not appealing to me anymore.
: Shyvana's new Bio is not only a downgrade of a decent piece of lore, but it's LITERALLY a mistake...
I joined back when Summoners were an in-lore thing. The lore was actually what drew me in enough to play the game, and I wound up spending quite a bit of money because I enjoyed it. None of the 'new' lore (because it's a few years old at this point) has ever felt right. It might be 'better written' from a technical standpoint, I suppose, but none of it hooks or grabs me. They expressed a goal of enhancing the story, and all I've felt is the core being gutted and most of the characters made unrecognizeable. Shyvana was one of the main reasons I clicked the download button so long ago. Her lore was a major factor in that decision. Personally? I've opted to just ignore the lore ever since they nuked the in-universe League entirely. Might use it to fill in gaps where the old lore had NOTHING, but it's just... boring. And turning Shyvana into a randomly humanoid dragon from a pure-dragon mother (I haven't noticed her voice lines being updated yet... did they take out her 'by the blood of my father' ingame line yet? because they better if they actually take this lore update seriously) just because a human mage stole the egg? Specifically and deliberately left vague as to what would cause that? Sorry, nothing about that is hooking or compelling. It's just dumb to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Atrushan2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fV20oHJL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-09T02:09:26.612+0000) > > Jesus how long has this Kai'Sa crap been going on? It seems like a recent thing from what I've seen on the boards, but she's been out for.....how long now? I for one didn't even notice it(I mean I'm not into girls but I can tell when something is slutty just to be slutty, and I didn't think this was intended to be slutty). Either way, I don't think it warrants a full on fight from either side. It seems like such a trivial matter, considering there are way sluttier looking characters in League. She has a full jumpsuit aside from a V-neck... There was no recent fight. Riot made a post responding to the kia sa criticism that was given on release and the boards exploded with "who can make the most anti SJW thread".
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fV20oHJL,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2018-04-09T02:15:00.869+0000) > > There was no recent fight. Riot made a post responding to the kia sa criticism that was given on release and the boards exploded with "who can make the most anti SJW thread". Quoted for truth. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Jesus how long has this Kai'Sa crap been going on? It seems like a recent thing from what I've seen on the boards, but she's been out for.....how long now? I for one didn't even notice it(I mean I'm not into girls but I can tell when something is slutty just to be slutty, and I didn't think this was intended to be slutty). Either way, I don't think it warrants a full on fight from either side. It seems like such a trivial matter, considering there are way sluttier looking characters in League. She has a full jumpsuit aside from a V-neck...If they remove her V-neck though, they remove her V-neck. What makes it such a huge concerning factor that people need to uproar about it? It's a tiny strip of clothing added to a character. If it isn't removed, it's a tiny strip of human skin. I see NO reason for people to be this crazy over such a thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Atrushan2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fV20oHJL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-04-09T02:09:26.612+0000) > > Jesus how long has this Kai'Sa crap been going on? It seems like a recent thing from what I've seen on the boards, but she's been out for.....how long now? I for one didn't even notice it(I mean I'm not into girls but I can tell when something is slutty just to be slutty, and I didn't think this was intended to be slutty). Either way, I don't think it warrants a full on fight from either side. It seems like such a trivial matter, considering there are way sluttier looking characters in League. She has a full jumpsuit aside from a V-neck... I actually partially agree with you. I just wanted to toss in a 'thank you' since the boards filled up with all the back-handed jabs. However, I also recognize that a long-term, high-profit game like LoL can't generally go back in time and 'unsexualize' characters without significant promises of return on the investment. SO... them being aware of it on NEW champs is something I'll toss them a bone of credit for! I really liked that they made Rek'sai for example. A truly monstrous female character is /awesome/. I adore her. Need moar. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
ADC Bard (NA)
: there's no such thing as "unnecessary sexual" {{champion:432}}
> [{quoted}](name=ADC Bard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fV20oHJL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-04-09T02:00:13.661+0000) > > there's no such thing as "unnecessary sexual" > > {{champion:432}} The problem exemplar'd and clarified in one sentence. Bravo. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: "All the arguments everyone is making are bad, im not going to explain why they are bad but just trust me they are bad"
> [{quoted}](name=GlobDaBlob,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fV20oHJL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-09T01:50:01.175+0000) > > "All the arguments everyone is making are bad, im not going to explain why they are bad but just trust me they are bad" Sure, let's do a breakdown. "Look at all the male champs--" --Sexualized male imagery is empowering by default. A sexualized image of a male is powerful, ideal, domineering, victorious. A sexualized image of a woman is seductive, manipulative, and often submissive at best. There /is no/ comparison between male objectification and female objectification because of the cultural zeitgeist created by the last two centuries. "So I guess we should just put them all in a hijab" --ignoring the racist overtones there, it's also hyperbolic. No one is asking for them to be covered in bags. It is appreciated when a character is allowed to be who they are, without sexual themes dominating the display. Irelia new, main splash art is successfully good on this. 'Frostbutt' irelia is a perfect example of it /failing/. "Make what you want, screw everyone else" --is a self defeating argument. When an artist says 'I value this concern and want to address' that /is/ making what they want. Telling them to ignore someone is the same as telling them what to draw/create. "I want more sexy champs" --You're entitled to your opinion. I simply disagree with it. Also... a powerful, effective, and well-written character will be de-facto sexy anyway, so I personally see no reason to bother /focusing/ on sexuality in the appearance at all. It'll happen on its own. "Why do you need to justify sexiness, people want to be sexy" --this simply misses the point Riot was making. Design didn't hit the thematic mark they wanted. But to address this on its own: a lot of people want to be sexy/attractive. That's a basic aspect of nature for most people, and isn't really something to worry about on design. Character design is about conveying the personality, history, and intentions of the character 'at a glance' as best one can. Kai'sa's thematic set isn't about sexuality. She's a dichotomy of void-creature and humanity, but the desired goal is for her humanity to be clear and authentic, without losing the alien element of the void-suit. In such a specific case, why is 'sexy' even being discussed? Tells you more about the person asking the question than the subject of the question. If you want to list out others, go right ahead.
Rioter Comments
: I think we can all agree that at the very least ALLY unit block shouldn't exist.
SO... about this. I know HotS is a very different game in core fundamentals, but they don't have ally-creep block, and they DO have skillshots. And yes, you use your creeps to shield 'first target' shots. That's why a lot of HotS spells rely on first 'hero' hit, and actually /can't/ be used to farm creeps at all. I prefer that, to the frustratingly idiotic knock-about the creeps do in LoL. Enemy creeps fucking me up is at least logical. My own getting me killed because they forced a double-back at the worst possible second is something else.
Leetri (EUW)
: Intermediate bots aren't that difficult and they'll give you FWotD, so you could try that.
Oh I've played int bots. DIdn't enjoy it.
Zelson (EUNE)
: First Win of the Day in Co-op vs. Ai
They took away beginner bots giving FwotD bonus for all levels? oh ffs All I ever played was beginner bots, because that's how I enjoy the game as casual character fun, like a hack-slash. PVP is stressful and annoying, bots is fun and I enjoy my characters in it. Meh, guess I won't be getting FWotD anymore.
: Can people stop with the mentality that runes was some luxury that we "wasted our IP" on?
What's really more to the point on this whole IP refund thing? It proves the people who blew runes off and didn't 'play right' were... actually correct, and is a middle-finger to all the players who invested heavily in the rune system because they wanted to play at their best. Intentional or not, that's what this action was.
Rioter Comments
AhmCha (NA)
: Hm. *Adds "eating an apple while swinging on a hammock" to list of weird turn-ons.
CppL (EUW)
: Pls ,for the love of god ,fix creep block...
Honestly, I don't understand why Creeps have collision in LoL in the first place. At least not your /own/ Creeps. It feels backward and janky mechanically. At the very least, we should be able to push our own creeps out of our own way automatically (easier to just make ghost universal for allied creeps). I mean really, how often are LC$ 'big plays' reliant on creep blocking anyway? Is this /really/ such a fundamental mechanic that it can't just be tossed?
: Vel was held as the epitome of balance. That's why you never heard anyone cry for buffs or nerfs. The change is because he had no niche. His only out-put was magic damage, with minimal CC and negligible true damage, So he ended up competing with every magic damage champion for competitive value. Meaning he was either the strongest damage option, or he wasn't picked. I'm at least going to brag that I saw the out-come of this change. Mages (as a class) never had a good option for dealing with tanks. Thanks to a truck-load (Assumed, haven't seen the numbers) of true damage, Vel can now fill that role. Meaning there is a reason to pick him, even if he isn't the #1 source for magic damage. For reference, Brand had near the same problem. Notice that they're lining him up as the AoE damage option (He just jumped from 2 to 4 AoE abilities). Similiarly, Xerath, Ziggs, and Lux all competed pretty closely for the Siege position. Lux managed to stand out thanks to her utility (And notice she gets used a lot more because of it), while Ziggs and Xerath are effectively identical. It looks like they intend to reinforce Ziggs as a turret seiger (Satchel charge) and Xerath as a champion seiger (Barrage charges). None of these class updates are specifically about any champion being strong or weak. It is about giving them all a unique reason to be played. Whether the changes succeed/fail to reinforce what the community likes about them is a different matter, or succeed/fail to break them is a different discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5u5pHK8w,comment-id=000b00000001,timestamp=2016-04-20T05:08:46.336+0000) > > Vel was held as the epitome of balance. That's why you never heard anyone cry for buffs or nerfs. > The change is because he had no niche. His only out-put was magic damage, with minimal CC and negligible true damage, So he ended up competing with every magic damage champion for competitive value. Meaning he was either the strongest damage option, or he wasn't picked. > > I'm at least going to brag that I saw the out-come of this change. Mages (as a class) never had a good option for dealing with tanks. Thanks to a truck-load (Assumed, haven't seen the numbers) of true damage, Vel can now fill that role. Meaning there is a reason to pick him, even if he isn't the #1 source for magic damage. > For reference, Brand had near the same problem. Notice that they're lining him up as the AoE damage option (He just jumped from 2 to 4 AoE abilities). Similiarly, Xerath, Ziggs, and Lux all competed pretty closely for the Siege position. Lux managed to stand out thanks to her utility (And notice she gets used a lot more because of it), while Ziggs and Xerath are effectively identical. It looks like they intend to reinforce Ziggs as a turret seiger (Satchel charge) and Xerath as a champion seiger (Barrage charges). > > None of these class updates are specifically about any champion being strong or weak. It is about giving them all a unique reason to be played. Whether the changes succeed/fail to reinforce what the community likes about them is a different matter, or succeed/fail to break them is a different discussion. You seem to be correct... it's just also a really /annoying/ change. Honestly, I'll probably still play the same builds, and just spend more time on the minion waves...
: Riven is giving you/your main this look in a coffee shop
shyv (NA)
: do you have any examples of this from a recent patch? because i main shyvana and i've literally never noticed this issue.
> [{quoted}](name=trying too hard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=kRfcfFEm,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2016-03-07T17:01:56.151+0000) > > do you have any examples of this from a recent patch? because i main shyvana and i've literally never noticed this issue. To demonstrate the partial drag issue, just to max-range dragon-dive on a champ that's already close to you. They'll end up /behind you/ by a significant distance after a short nudge.
woobeee (NA)
: Shyvana's ult is wonky.
It's a frustrating functional half-step. It's intended, yes. Just still un-user-friendly and somewhat nonsensical. Honestly, if she can plow into and move a target, let her move it. If moving a target or group of targets is 'OP', then just take the drag OUT, and stop causing confusion. Just let her turn into a body-projectile that does some damage to everything on the path. Shyvana is my main, but I mostly play vsAI (casual fun, pvp a little, not my thing). I usually end up overshooting targets deliberately so I can keep them behind me to maximise DPS time, since the drag dies so soon.
: Let us change in game option out of game!
Oh lord, yes. We NEED a way to tweak the ingame settings out of game. Absolutely necessary for a game of LoL's type.
: League of Legends Waifu and Husbando charts
So I'm losing brain-cells to reply here: but why is Riven so high on the 'sexual skill' part of the chart? I can go with the 'impurity' part since she helped /slaughter people/, sure, I can run with that, but pretty much everything about Riven screams stoic or asexual... (or just ascetic event...) EDIT: in fact, MOST of the ladies above the half-way mark on that 'sexual skill' line are... making me squint...
Rioter Comments
: As one of the "older" players around, coming back after the newest patch feels... cold.
Honestly, I think they simply changed too much in a single shot. It's actually hard to recognize the game compared to the previous patch right now. Items, item *art*, masteries, rebalancing, ADC updates. Any ONE of those would've been a normal patch. It's sink or swim time, and LoL has enough momentum that it /can't/ sink from one patch. So it'll be fine, we'll adapt, it's just not pleasant in-transition. 'Cold' is an apt term. Nothing familiar, nothing necessarily wrong, but... not much welcoming you 'home' either.
: I'd yell at you for playing her in bots too. GET YOUR SNOWBALL CHAMPION OUT OF MY BOTS MATCH, I'M TRYING TO PRACTICE SOMETHIN' DAMMIT.
> [{quoted}](name=Zair Umbras,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=Gwqhld8E,comment-id=0007000100000000,timestamp=2015-10-25T22:54:47.337+0000) > > I'd yell at you for playing her in bots too. GET YOUR SNOWBALL CHAMPION OUT OF MY BOTS MATCH, I'M TRYING TO PRACTICE SOMETHIN' DAMMIT. Just. Like. That. *throttles*
: Was this back when she was a lane bully?
> [{quoted}](name=Remlap1223,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=Gwqhld8E,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2015-10-25T22:09:41.873+0000) > > Was this back when she was a lane bully? Back when she was considered "top lane, but you'd do better with just about anyone else in that role". That was a thread topic back then. I still joined LoL /in order to play Riven/ anyway, because I really dug her character concept. Now I get yelled at just for playing her. In bots. IN BOTS.
Oto (EUNE)
: When I see a Veigar QQ thread after he had been considered trash
When I first joined Riven was considered trash. Now she's the poster-child for OP. I don't Fing care what people post here anymore as a result.
Archon X (NA)
: he posted a picture of his ranked stats, it's relevant
Still means you didn't actually /read/ the post. You locked onto 'lol, low elo player is talking, nub'. We have no reason to pay attention to your point in this thread, because it's simply off-topic.
: Just played Hero's of the Storm to try it out.
I'm enjoying HOTS way more than LoL currently. I still play both though.
Kofei (NA)
: Fem-nazis everywhere. They get offended by everything. I'm female and I prefer the more appealing attire, no one wants to play a champ dressed up like a fucking pilgrim.
> [{quoted}](name=Kofei,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=sYbd4e2q,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-09-04T13:18:26.208+0000) > > Fem-nazis everywhere. They get offended by everything. > I'm female and I prefer the more appealing attire, no one wants to play a champ dressed up like a fucking pilgrim. I do, actually...
Rioter Comments
: And how about these? http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnRCj2InCMmBotai2BIkyiSzqzT-CM49A9FUmo9w2k0KB84nkt http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/Diana-LoL-Classic-Skin-Splash-Art.jpg http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ26rVEsFSuNhfJ7Yj6WyK4gF_orap1Rk1clNtX5mt2XLzJmqhucA http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/Ashe-Classic-Skin-Splash-Art.jpg http://riot-web-cdn.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/lolesports/s3fs-public/styles/full_width_scale/public/Jinx%20Splash%20Art.jpg?itok=PDRNQPm9 http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd1WhAnaesFaECzO8cZQI79ZtC7sGYYjxAxNDdlHJx2PMCiwe0VQ http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUKSl8jH4dygPdgqQ4ysR_Sc6igGzJI3Njr7jGGvojnfiIy96FIQ http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMmIneH0VMRzd4PTHlDYA90z7Kl5hDYLycd766aOQQdHsFDxrC http://img08.deviantart.net/c055/i/2013/133/0/6/vi_piltover_enforcer_splash_art_by_zeronis-d5onslc.jpg http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEEeZiPqkElWa5pFyHB_1fltBCMJWbp9d1J7vZLk6DNbTweNS70g http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXBjAHstR6Gd-8tJlSGvB4O_1tdVAYzWtbXTHrc-rBAnGziD7sNQ http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIOJ1aqL5lhVFwIsHsswtLgGMxPW5TOSyR8whfT6eRav6eo3ff http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJsic5llAnjCucf165ygPX848k23cgVH_RyJC2zYoITJLE1xJHNg Yup sooo very sexualized aren't they? Should I go get more?
> [{quoted}](name=Embertine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=f1dzBNBw,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2015-08-30T00:46:08.499+0000) > > And how about these? > > http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnRCj2InCMmBotai2BIkyiSzqzT-CM49A9FUmo9w2k0KB84nkt > > http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/Diana-LoL-Classic-Skin-Splash-Art.jpg > > http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ26rVEsFSuNhfJ7Yj6WyK4gF_orap1Rk1clNtX5mt2XLzJmqhucA > > http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/Ashe-Classic-Skin-Splash-Art.jpg > > http://riot-web-cdn.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/lolesports/s3fs-public/styles/full_width_scale/public/Jinx%20Splash%20Art.jpg?itok=PDRNQPm9 > > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd1WhAnaesFaECzO8cZQI79ZtC7sGYYjxAxNDdlHJx2PMCiwe0VQ > > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUKSl8jH4dygPdgqQ4ysR_Sc6igGzJI3Njr7jGGvojnfiIy96FIQ > > http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMmIneH0VMRzd4PTHlDYA90z7Kl5hDYLycd766aOQQdHsFDxrC > > http://img08.deviantart.net/c055/i/2013/133/0/6/vi_piltover_enforcer_splash_art_by_zeronis-d5onslc.jpg > > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEEeZiPqkElWa5pFyHB_1fltBCMJWbp9d1J7vZLk6DNbTweNS70g > > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXBjAHstR6Gd-8tJlSGvB4O_1tdVAYzWtbXTHrc-rBAnGziD7sNQ > > http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIOJ1aqL5lhVFwIsHsswtLgGMxPW5TOSyR8whfT6eRav6eo3ff > > http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJsic5llAnjCucf165ygPX848k23cgVH_RyJC2zYoITJLE1xJHNg > > Yup sooo very sexualized aren't they? Should I go get more? Actually, yes. Yes they are. *bonks you on the head* try again.
: Riven's weakness should be an energy source.
See, when I first joined LoL, Riven was one of the reasons I actually downloaded the game and played, despite the fact she was considered underpowered and a 'weak' top lane champion. I liked her story, I liked her design and character. She was my first champ ever. And ever since one particular LCS, she's been turned into this rallying point of hatred and 'zomg OP'. Fine, sure, nerf her into oblivion. I just want to stop seeing this GD threads, and go back to enjoying one of the reasons I PICKED UP THIS GAME.
: Riot's official response to the community after the sandbox backlash
Oh geez... that's... way more funny than it should be...
Hupsis (EUNE)
: Every patch increases minion collision box by 5%. True story.
> [{quoted}](name=Vonler,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Ihg5hPBm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-08-02T18:22:52.079+0000) > > Every patch increases minion collision box by 5%. > > True story. I wish this didn't /feel/ absolutely 100% F-ing real.
: Is it just me, or has pathing and minions gotten WORSE lately?
It has absolutely gotten worse. Steadily so. Drives me absolutely insane. Another one of those QoL difference that makes me enjoy HotS so much. Only ENEMY creeps can block you.
: Slow clap for the Lore writers
Yeah, props to the lore team! This is definitely the type of stuff we've been hoping for.
: So I played HOTS with my non moba playing brother...
Here's my two-cents, as I still play both games. 1) I play vsAI almost strictly. I dislike PVP in general, and it is not part of what draws me to the games at all. I /try/ PVP periodically after doing a week worth of research to make sure I have items and runes matched up, then realize I don't have the IP for the runes I need, so just focus on the items, try it out, spend 45 minutes stressing out, then go back to vsAI 2) Toxicity is not game specific. I've had to deal with the same type of jerks/rudeness in both games (LoL and HotS) 3) I prefer HotS's mechanics, and I prefer some of the champions/variety LoL provides. LoL is, in my meaningless opinion, over-complex. Yes, I recognize that is why it has grown as it has, and why it is taken seriously enough for esports to start being taken as a 'sport' for coverage, etc. I just also believe that spoils a lot of the 'fun' directly for that pay-off of 'taken more seriously'. HotS is more fun to play for me, and I strongly disagree with the opinions that you 'don't feel like you did anything'. Very frequently, it's clear that I or me and my wife carried the game for the team because we focus the objectives properly and push our lane to force the other team into defense and then defeat. Timing and familiarity with each map AND your own champion are rewarded, and in a far more reasonable time-frame than LoL. LoL is a long-term investment if you want to /feel/ the payoff. That is likely TOO LONG for many players. HotS can give you that sensation within a single game. Yes, HotS is far simpler, and I am grateful for that fact. I actually PVP more in HotS than I do in LoL because it is more approachable (But I still focus on vsAI, that is where I relax and have fun with various heroes).
: Burnout is a fire-including wind so they should've been like that.
I'd go with that, but it /just/ looks like wind that they colored wrong to me. It doesn't visually 'feel' like fire, just a bunch of light.
Rioter Comments
: Metroid Shyvana
I'd shell cash out for that, damn straight.
: Stop telling me to "just play bots!"
Oh yeah, bots and PVP are TOTALLY different things. I play nothing but bots. Hate PVP, can't stand it. (yes, I'm also bad at it) Bots is great fun! Can do all kinds of crazy, silly stuff, and just have a good time. PVP is 'zomg, you're breaking meta, nub. Don't you know you only build [insert item] when they stack MP? Uninstall and /wrists.'
Abernum (NA)
: Tired of kill steals? Here's a tip to never be annoyed by them again!
See, I posted a big thread some time ago offering suggestions for how the game itself could avoid the 'kill steal' thought-process entirely, and the ONLY responses I got were 'the gold is global, it's a kill confirm, this shouldn't be a thing.' So I stop caring, yeah. Now I just NUKE whatever target I can, either I get it, or the other person(s) get it. About 50% of the time I get accused of kill stealing, being a bad support, whatever. When I do, I just remember that when /I/ whine about it, nobody gives a hoot. So I return the favor.
Show more

Cyrex Wingblade

Level 37 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion