: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T19:21:38.600+0000) > > Let me ask you a question buddy. > > Do you think friends of Riot Employees have to follow the same rules as everyone else? > > No. You know they aren't evenly applied to everyone. > > And with such moral superiority as a person like you, I would think you would be totally put off by this game for Riot to allow such an unjust system to exist. > > You are kidding yourself if you believe the rules are evenly applied to all people equally. Really grasping at straws there, huh?
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T22:57:34.046+0000) > > Really grasping at straws there, huh? You didn't answer the question. Do you think friends of Riot Employees have to follow the same rules as everyone else?
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T01:48:39.985+0000) > > To your comment? To anything. Money spent has absolutely no impact on reports or punishment, to the surprise of many rich brats that end up making QQ threads here.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T03:46:25.063+0000) > > To anything. Money spent has absolutely no impact on reports or punishment, to the surprise of many rich brats that end up making QQ threads here. Let me ask you a question buddy. Do you think friends of Riot Employees have to follow the same rules as everyone else? No. You know they aren't evenly applied to everyone. And with such moral superiority as a person like you, I would think you would be totally put off by this game for Riot to allow such an unjust system to exist. You are kidding yourself if you believe the rules are evenly applied to all people equally.
Candoodle (EUW)
: You cant pay your way out of breaking the rules wtf you think this is real life?
> [{quoted}](name=Candoodle,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-24T09:20:18.484+0000) > > You cant pay your way out of breaking the rules > wtf you think this is real life? Its a video game, it should be better than real life.
Barkley (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:11:22.516+0000) > > Actually, I bet you didn't know, that Riot reserves the right to ban your account permanently without notice, even if you paid money to "Rent Skins" from them, because when you use money for things in the game, you're paying for the privilege to spend riot points, so you can rent skins, not actually purchase them, which means, you don't own anything, even your account, so make sure you pay lots of money so they can just ban you for no reason if they want to and you'll have to waste your time making another account, leveling up, and have no access to anything you spent money getting. > > Good thing there is no way for Riot to abuse their player/fan base huh. {{champion:119}} citation?
> [{quoted}](name=Barkley,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=00000005,timestamp=2019-08-24T01:53:14.124+0000) > > citation? - about a year ago Response To: DBS Ronovon (NA) (Show) DBS Ronovon (NA) - about a year ago There are no cases, what are you talking about? Please look up CB v Valve, case number 0:16-cv-61561-BB, in the Southern Florida District Court. It's a multi prong case about a permaban but it includes the loss of skins and their real world money equivalent and accusations of illegal gambling... if you actually read the whole complaint, I will be impressed and I will discuss specific parts of it with you that you cite, however, if you can't cite paragraphs to discuss, I'm not going to summarize a 50+ page complaint to you. Please look the case up and tell me the disposition of it (ie did plaintiff win or did it get dismissed). HINT: "FINAL ORDER OF DISMISSAL. ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that Plaintiffs Notice of Dismissal, ECF No.16 , is approved and adopted, and the matter is DISMISSED without prejudice. To the extent not otherwise disposed of, all pending motions are DENIED as moot. The CLERK is directed to CLOSE this case. Signed by Judge Beth Bloom on 8/5/2016." Just an FYI, the jurisdictional amount to get into federal court is to claim your lawsuit is worth more than $75,000 (citing the law you can find under heading 28 U.S.C. § 1332 and you will find the quote "amount in controversy" which means "the case is worth"). This case would have made bank for the plaintiff if they won. This was also a class action lawsuit. Also, cases like this are done on contingency because no plaintiff could ever afford the ongoing fees and so rather than the attorneys getting paid up front, they get paid at the back but at a large chunk, usually 1/3 of the award + expenses (like the filing fees, service fees, etc...). Affording attorneys isn't the problem for the plaintiffs, it's finding an attorney who would be willing to take the case knowing what has already happened. Since you seem like an expert, tell me in your own words what the limitations are on the rights to the skins are please. The limited licence to access is exactly what it sounds like. You have a limited right to access the skins. If you play by Riot's rules, you get to keep using the skins. If you don't play by their rules, you don't get to use their skins anymore. You purchase rights to something, that means you have rights to it. Right? Explain the rights, and also explain how buying rights to something means Riot can make up their own laws around consumer protections. Purchasing items vs purchasing limited licenses are two different things. Consider them "buying a car" and "leasing a car." Just because you don't know the law doesn't mean Riot is making it up. For all intents and purposes, a leased car for the duration is yours... but once that lease duration ends, that means you give it back to the dealership. You agreed to that 3 year term. You have to give it back. So for the skins, consider it an ongoing self renewing daily lease. Once you unlock it, you have leased it for a day and it self renews every day until you break the rules of the lease and then you no longer have it. If you cannot explain these two things, WITHOUT CITING TOU, (Terms of Use/ Terms of Sevice) then please don’t bother posting the response including the ToU. I have read the ToU and terms are not laws. Signing a contract agreeing to illegal activity isn’t legally binding. The parts that are illegal are not binding, but the other parts are. What you don't seem to understand is that there is no activity here that is illegal. Just because you don't understand the law, doesn't mean it is illegal. Please tell me what you believe is illegal in the TOU and please refer to any law that is on the books or in common law through case law that tells me that what is happening here is illegal.
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:11:22.516+0000) > > Actually, I bet you didn't know, that Riot reserves the right to ban your account permanently without notice, even if you paid money to "Rent Skins" from them, because when you use money for things in the game, you're paying for the privilege to spend riot points, so you can rent skins, not actually purchase them, which means, you don't own anything, even your account, so make sure you pay lots of money so they can just ban you for no reason if they want to and you'll have to waste your time making another account, leveling up, and have no access to anything you spent money getting. > > Good thing there is no way for Riot to abuse their player/fan base huh. {{champion:119}} If they didn't write it like this in TOS then they would have issues banning you for legitimate reasons. And they aren't going to ban you on purpose without a legitimate reason, at least that's what the people who originally made league intended, it could get awkward with Tencent pulling a tighter leash but that's only if something were to happen in company or real world politics. Like when league denied service to that random country for awhile due to its acts of aggression towards other nations and general trade.
> [{quoted}](name=Tahminatrix ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=00000004,timestamp=2019-08-24T01:44:47.025+0000) > > If they didn't write it like this in TOS then they would have issues banning you for legitimate reasons. > > > And they aren't going to ban you on purpose without a legitimate reason. Well I didn't "rent" skins with my RP, I purchased them. It doesn't say "Congratulations on your Rental," when you buy something, so its not very straight forward and honest. Not saying Rito bans people without reasons, but they can. Not saying they would have trouble banning people if it was written differently, but even if they do ban people, nothing is stopping them from making another account effectively rendering the ban system pointless!
: > I should be banned, but I spent a lot of fucking money, so they decided not to ban me, and instead just annoy the fuck out of me with suspensions until I just stopped skimming their rules. Zero relevance.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T01:41:25.578+0000) > > Zero relevance. To your comment?
zPOOPz (NA)
: But that 10% would go against the ever so popular conspiracy theory that RIto ban people to force them to re-buy everything? If Rito gives spenders more chances, then they wouldn't need to re-buy all those skins.... {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T01:26:21.170+0000) > > But that 10% would go against the ever so popular conspiracy theory that RIto ban people to force them to re-buy everything? If Rito gives spenders more chances, then they wouldn't need to re-buy all those skins.... > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} I believe in the conspiracy theories. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:03:31.370+0000)I meet the criterion for a perma banned person, but I think people (Mods here) just like me too much here, and I have spent a lot of money. I barely recognize your name. Like, I *recognize* it, but that's where it stops. I don't "like you too much," and, even if I did, we occasionally have to ban people we like. Money has no effect on either in-game or board bans. Any time you think it HAS is coincidence, luck, or both.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:56:49.432+0000) > > I barely recognize your name. Like, I *recognize* it, but that's where it stops. I don't "like you too much," and, even if I did, we occasionally have to ban people we like. > > Money has no effect on either in-game or board bans. Any time you think it HAS is coincidence, luck, or both. I changed my name because it made people think I was a troll, so of course you would barely recognize my name. Also I quit league a year ago duo to Riot not meeting my demands to bring back URF and or Hexakill so I could have fun instead of playing aggravating 45 min ranked normal 5v5 rift with trolls in bronze. My old name was Vent Troller, and it just got people to assume I was trolling, and they would troll me in champ select, which would lead to me ultimately getting suspended because I was stuck for 45 minutes on a losing team. Also, I guess I am lucky then, but I also did spend a lot, I think over $2000 is a lot to spend on a game. And... I think you like me :) {{champion:119}}
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:03:31.370+0000) > > If what you say is true, then I should be banned indefinitely, but I am not. > Can you explain this? > > I meet the criterion for a perma banned person, but I think people (Mods here) just like me too much here, and I have spent a lot of money. > But I am afraid to spend anymore money on this game for the very fact that I came close to losing all my purchases due to the possibility of being perma banned. Its sad really. Just let me be an asshole to all the other assholes that play this game, and I will pay money to keep being an asshole. Lol I cant. Im just a player. Who knows. I have seen tons, literally hundreds of posts over the years, of players claiming to have spent well over $300-$500 dollars on their accounts that got permabanned. Im just going off anecdotal evidence I suppose. Thats the extent of my expertise, and probably anyone here. Rioters very rarely come here. You could ask them in a support ticket, but I guarantee they will claim the same thing, so even if a Rioter did come here, he would say the money spent doesnt matter. Youre just anecdotal evidence going the other way. And this is one example versus the hundreds that contradict your claims.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:10:16.867+0000) > > Lol I cant. Im just a player. Who knows. I have seen tons, literally hundreds of posts over the years, of players claiming to have spent well over $300-$500 dollars on their accounts that got permabanned. Im just going off anecdotal evidence I suppose. Thats the extent of my expertise, and probably anyone here. Rioters very rarely come here. You could ask them in a support ticket, but I guarantee they will claim the same thing, so even if a Rioter did come here, he would say the money spent doesnt matter. Youre just anecdotal evidence going the other way. And this is one example versus the hundreds that contradict your claims. I have asked in a support ticket, and you know what they said? The same thing Umbral Regent said. Does that seem weird to you that I would ask years ago, and then today I get the same exact canned answer to my question? These people are brainwashed Rito Cult Followers. They drank the Koolade.
: > I think they do take into account the money you have spent, but of course you have the "Official Riot" canned response for me today. If you're just going to dismiss a response that disagrees with your assumption, then you're really not here to discuss things, you're looking for yes-man answers. > I use myself as the example of why I am even making this post. And I've mentioned that there are ample examples of people who got no leniency from the system despite spending hundreds of dollars. Every such case - yours and theirs - are anecdotes, but the fact remains, there's more evidence to suggest that money _doesn't_ factor into punishments than there is to suggest that it _does_.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=00020000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-24T00:09:45.011+0000) > > If you're just going to dismiss a response that disagrees with your assumption, then you're really not here to discuss things, you're looking for yes-man answers. > > And I've mentioned that there are ample examples of people who got no leniency from the system despite spending hundreds of dollars. Every such case - yours and theirs - are anecdotes, but the fact remains, there's more evidence to suggest that money _doesn't_ factor into punishments than there is to suggest that it _does_. I am not looking for a yes man, I am looking for more than just the official riot response. If I don't buy it because you say it, doesn't mean we aren't having a discussion. I am giving you my case, and you're putting it up against the norm. If there is a norm, or evidence to suggest a norm, I am trying to figure out what that is, because if the ban system isn't a defined number and there are no real answers, then it remains nebulous and should terrify players who spend money. I want to know the real answer, the finite number, not some wishy washy kind of this or that based on other people, it isn't clear which is why I am posting this. Do you see my perspective on this? I did not dismiss what you said, I am saying you're not completely correct, which is fine. I know what I am saying isn't really correct either. It remains a mystery.
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:48:20.213+0000) > > Okay, so answer me this. How many times can one get suspended before they are banned? It is indefinite. After a 14 day ban, it is possible to go back down a tier of punishment and get a 25 game chat restriction, or another 14 day ban. This requires playing a lot of games over an uncertain period of time, without breaking any rules.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:53:32.187+0000) > > It is indefinite. After a 14 day ban, it is possible to go back down a tier of punishment and get a 25 game chat restriction, or another 14 day ban. This requires playing a lot of games over an uncertain period of time, without breaking any rules. If what you say is true, then I should be banned indefinitely, but I am not. Can you explain this? I meet the criterion for a perma banned person, but I think people (Mods here) just like me too much here, and I have spent a lot of money. But I am afraid to spend anymore money on this game for the very fact that I came close to losing all my purchases due to the possibility of being perma banned. Its sad really. Just let me be an asshole to all the other assholes that play this game, and I will pay money to keep being an asshole.
: > Okay, so answer me this. How many times can one get suspended before they are banned? There's no hard-set answer. Accounts can de-escalate punishment tiers (albeit it takes quite a while), and IIRC, I've seen cases of players reaching at least 3 14-day suspensions before finally getting a permanent ban. It all ultimately depends on your ability to reform and follow the rules after a 14-day suspension, although, as mentioned, it takes a while to de-escalate back to the 25-game CR stage, so I can't imagine it happening frequently.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:55:46.400+0000) > > There's no hard-set answer. Accounts can de-escalate punishment tiers (albeit it takes quite a while), and IIRC, I've seen cases of players reaching at least 3 14-day suspensions before finally getting a permanent ban. > > It all ultimately depends on your ability to reform and follow the rules after a 14-day suspension, although, as mentioned, it takes a while to de-escalate back to the 25-game CR stage, so I can't imagine it happening frequently. Well over a year ago, I was suspended about 5 times, all 14 day suspensions. I also paid a lot of money too, making $100 riot point purchases adding up to about $1000 in a few months. I was suspended less than a week after a 14 day suspension for one of them, and I am still not perma banned. I did however stop breaking the rules because the bans got annoying, and I was tired of my ALT accounts. I think they do take into account the money you have spent, but of course you have the "Official Riot" canned response for me today. I use myself as the example of why I am even making this post.
: > If I spend a lot of money, how many chances will I get before I am banned permanently? Exactly the same amount of chances as someone who spends 0$ has. > Furthermore, how much money will I need to spend to get those extra A-hole get out of perma-ban free cards? Those don't exist. Spending money doesn't put you at any liberty to act like an asshole or escape a permanent suspension. Dozens upon dozens of people have discussed their punishments on this board saying that they've spent hundreds of dollars on their account; none of them got any "A-hole" cards or any leniency in regards to permabans. > Furthermore, should I spend a certain amount each week/month to stay in Riot's good graces in order to maintain ban immunity? Again; doesn't exist. Spending money does not protect you against the repercussions for breaking the rules you agreed to. There's no "paying to stay in Riot's good graces", there's no "paying for ban immunity", spending money has no effect on whether or not you get punished or banned. > I need details, is there a number? > Does it depend on a mod or how much of an A-hole I have been, or how much I have spent or not? > Is it a Combo of all those things which is taken into consideration? > > I know Rito wants money and I have a lot, so I would really like some insight on this topic, Thanks guys/gals. There is no number, and there are no details. How much money you spend is not taken into account when your account gets reviewed and punished for breaking the rules.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:45:00.316+0000) > > Exactly the same amount of chances as someone who spends 0$ has. > > Those don't exist. Spending money doesn't put you at any liberty to act like an asshole or escape a permanent suspension. > > Dozens upon dozens of people have discussed their punishments on this board saying that they've spent hundreds of dollars on their account; none of them got any "A-hole" cards or any leniency in regards to permabans. > > Again; doesn't exist. Spending money does not protect you against the repercussions for breaking the rules you agreed to. There's no "paying to stay in Riot's good graces", there's no "paying for ban immunity", spending money has no effect on whether or not you get punished or banned. > > There is no number, and there are no details. How much money you spend is not taken into account when your account gets reviewed and punished for breaking the rules. Okay, so answer me this. How many times can one get suspended before they are banned?
: You need approximately however much it would cost to actually acquire the company.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:42:15.916+0000) > > You need approximately however much it would cost to actually acquire the company. Maybe. Are you talking about the vote choices? I tried lol. Just vote on the one that closely applies to you. I am not talking about acquiring the company, just be protected from being banned. :)
: $$$ dont protect you from the rules
> [{quoted}](name=MrFawknSunshine,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ReErbEgT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:40:27.825+0000) > > $$$ dont protect you from the rules I has protected me so far. I should have literally been banned like two suspensions ago. I paid so much and contested Riot and they didn't ban me, they just told me to F off for two weeks and stop being a dickhead.
rujitra (NA)
: I'm not sure you comment would've violated any rules, I was merely trying to point out why the discussion of weight on, say, someone's instagram page is different than attempting to discredit the opinions of people because they spend money by insulting them calling them "whales".
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=c35HejzK,comment-id=00010000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:31:52.371+0000) > > I'm not sure you comment would've violated any rules, I was merely trying to point out why the discussion of weight on, say, someone's instagram page is different than attempting to discredit the opinions of people because they spend money by insulting them calling them "whales". Did someone offend you recently?
Rioter Comments
rujitra (NA)
: 1. Obesity is a health issue. 2. This is the League of Legends discussion boards, of which people who spend money are a part of. This is not a board in which discussion of weight is appropriate at all.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=c35HejzK,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:17:17.998+0000) > > 1. Obesity is a health issue. > > 2. This is the League of Legends discussion boards, of which people who spend money are a part of. This is not a board in which discussion of weight is appropriate at all. Thanks, I deleted my comment, I don't want to get banned from the forums.
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:11:22.516+0000) > > Actually, I bet you didn't know, that Riot reserves the right to ban your account permanently without notice, even if you paid money to "Rent Skins" from them, because when you use money for things in the game, you're paying for the privilege to spend riot points, so you can rent skins, not actually purchase them, which means, you don't own anything, even your account, so make sure you pay lots of money so they can just ban you for no reason if they want to and you'll have to waste your time making another account, leveling up, and have no access to anything you spent money getting. > > Good thing there is no way for Riot to abuse their player/fan base huh. {{champion:119}} You statement has no validity, mainly _because everything you're upset about is plainly written in the terms of service you agree to in order to even start playing the game._ If you got burned because you violated rules spelled out in a terms of service, that's YOUR fault for not reading a legal document. That's not anyone else's.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:20:47.089+0000) > > You statement has no validity, mainly _because everything you're upset about is plainly written in the terms of service you agree to in order to even start playing the game._ If you got burned because you violated rules spelled out in a terms of service, that's YOUR fault for not reading a legal document. That's not anyone else's. I have been through this countless times. Let me educate you. If Riot has something illegal in their terms of service, and you agree to it, does that mean its legal and you have to follow it? For example: ToU: By clicking agree, you agree to the following, if you purchase anything in this game, your bank account information is forfeit to Riot, and we will take a monthly sum of $1000 from you account. Is that legal just because you didn't read it, but you agreed to it? Are Multi-Level-Marketing schemes legal? How about a lease? When you Rent a home, if the landlord states in the lease that he/she may come into the house anytime after you're assumed occupancy as a tenant, regardless of state laws of tenant rights, because you signed it or agreed to it, its now somehow legal? No. Sorry pal. What I said has validity.
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:11:22.516+0000) > > Actually, I bet you didn't know, that Riot reserves the right to ban your account permanently without notice, even if you paid money to "Rent Skins" from them, because when you use money for things in the game, you're paying for the privilege to spend riot points, so you can rent skins, not actually purchase them, which means, you don't own anything, even your account, so make sure you pay lots of money so they can just ban you for no reason if they want to and you'll have to waste your time making another account, leveling up, and have no access to anything you spent money getting. > > Good thing there is no way for Riot to abuse their player/fan base huh. {{champion:119}} Nobody ever got banned for spending money.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lVlx2Acs,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-23T23:16:48.256+0000) > > Nobody ever got banned for spending money. I never said that. I am the perfect example of someone who has spent a shitload of money on this game, got suspended about 5 times, and Riot made threats to permanently ban me several times, but they didn't, and I kind of met them somewhere in the middle with watching how I talk to people as well as not saying as much or as many insults. I should be banned, but I spent a lot of fucking money, so they decided not to ban me, and instead just annoy the fuck out of me with suspensions until I just stopped skimming their rules. Actually I quit for a year, so there is that, but I was not banned ultimately and other people were banned who did way less that I did, but didn't buy anything so they got the boot. Plus, my crime isn't toxicity, I am just an outright asshole, but I am fair and nice. They could abuse their policy though, so I am always going to root against Rito when it comes to banning people, because although toxic players make the game suck, so does Riot's time-out grade school bullshit penalty system. {{sticker:darius-angry}}
Xphineas (NA)
: Lets discuss your FIrst Amendment Right in coordination to League.
Actually, I bet you didn't know, that Riot reserves the right to ban your account permanently without notice, even if you paid money to "Rent Skins" from them, because when you use money for things in the game, you're paying for the privilege to spend riot points, so you can rent skins, not actually purchase them, which means, you don't own anything, even your account, so make sure you pay lots of money so they can just ban you for no reason if they want to and you'll have to waste your time making another account, leveling up, and have no access to anything you spent money getting. Good thing there is no way for Riot to abuse their player/fan base huh. {{champion:119}}
: >If you do that, it will be removed, and all your efforts will be for nothing. A total waste of time, and you also annoy moderators to boot! I think 90% of the time, I don't get annoyed. I think it's an afterthought for most players when they show up to the boards and think this counts as a support ticket and don't think about the allegedly toxic player or that the rest of the community can't really do anything about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EAKrs7Kn,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-22T05:51:36.288+0000) > > I think 90% of the time, I don't get annoyed. I think it's an afterthought for most players when they show up to the boards and think this counts as a support ticket and don't think about the allegedly toxic player or that the rest of the community can't really do anything about it. Maybe you're right, but the point of this is to discourage pointless nonsense on the forums from people who think name shaming is within the Summoner's Code.
: I am -47. Who shall challenge me!?
> [{quoted}](name=Edge of Daybreak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=91bY75wy,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-21T21:53:15.292+0000) > > I am -47. Who shall challenge me!? -58 Bum, you can't beat me at getting the most Downvotes bud.
: Down voted. Some posts don't need to be read thoroughly to earn the down vote. The title alone warranted it. The rest of the post just confirmed the down vote was well earned.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=91bY75wy,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-21T23:27:14.564+0000) > > Down voted. > > Some posts don't need to be read thoroughly to earn the down vote. The title alone warranted it. The rest of the post just confirmed the down vote was well earned. You're one of those non-reading plebs, got it. Thanks for the response anyway.
: I pretty much only play draft and I think that your experiecec is NA only. EU draft normals are absolute cancer.
> [{quoted}](name=Hot LeBlanc Yuri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EWJiPOzX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T19:57:28.734+0000) > > I pretty much only play draft and I think that your experiecec is NA only. EU draft normals are absolute cancer. Well yes, I am the best Bronze Player NA, so of course I play NA Servers, plus I am American, which is also the best place in the world to boot.{{champion:119}}
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mAMHg0Ky,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-20T19:53:19.222+0000) > > Get better. Very helpful, take your asinine responses somewhere else.
> [{quoted}](name=Lady Yubaba,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mAMHg0Ky,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-22T17:48:16.836+0000) > > Very helpful, take your asinine responses somewhere else. I was kidding toots.{{champion:119}}
: How Do You Deal With Fed Assassins as a Squishy Champ
: I downvoted because you require admission of reading your post in order to deserve to downvote it
> [{quoted}](name=sliceruser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=91bY75wy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-21T19:02:01.886+0000) > > I downvoted because you require admission of reading your post in order to deserve to downvote it C'mon man! XD
: It's just the way it is, can't really do anything about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkin Hybrid,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=91bY75wy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T18:55:01.273+0000) > > It's just the way it is, can't really do anything about it. Hey man, I think you're right! Thanks for stopping by. I agree there is probably nothing I can do about it. But I did something about it, I made a post sharing my exact thoughts of the people who down vote without saying anything. It just occurred to me that people who downvote without writing anything probably want to remain anonymous because of the very fact that people hate them for the down voting they are doing. Hmph....
Rioter Comments
zPOOPz (NA)
: It's not a total waste of time. If you are truly ticked off by someone and you want that person to be looked at my Rito, you can screen shot their information and send it to the people who can actually do something about it (not on this board)... https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EAKrs7Kn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-21T18:50:32.310+0000) > > It's not a total waste of time. If you are truly ticked off by someone and you want that person to be looked at my Rito, you can screen shot their information and send it to the people who can actually do something about it (not on this board)... > > https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us Yeah, I think thats an option. I also don't like getting players banned though, because ultimately it makes the game worse because those players will make alt accounts and be more toxic. I hate the Ban and report system, and I know there is nothing I can do about it anyway.
Achad44 (NA)
: 14 days ban lol ?
That sucks buddy, sorry you got suspended. I have been suspended over 5 times. Just make another account and troll the game. Just kidding, don't do that. Be nice and stop getting put in Riot Jail. {{champion:119}}
: option 3: No, because the only people who name and shame/rank shame are either so toxic that they shouldn't be part of the game community anyways or are only doing it to discredit a legitimately good point
> [{quoted}](name=thefatlazycat,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EAKrs7Kn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T18:41:08.957+0000) > > option 3: No, because the only people who name and shame/rank shame are either so toxic that they shouldn't be part of the game community anyways or are only doing it to discredit a legitimately good point That might not always be true. Have you ever gotten super mad at any player for being a dickhead, and done something out of anger?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I've removed the images in question for calling out another player publicly, which is a violation of our rules against *naming & shaming*. We're a volunteer moderator team, and the boards are big. We won't catch everything. The *correct* way to handle something you think we missed is to report the post in question or come report it on our moderation Discord. The *incorrect* way to handle this is to shame another player, repost your removed content, and make it into a meme.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2Gu39EOL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-06T16:26:27.116+0000) > > I've removed the images in question for calling out another player publicly, which is a violation of our rules against *naming & shaming*. > > We're a volunteer moderator team, and the boards are big. We won't catch everything. The *correct* way to handle something you think we missed is to report the post in question or come report it on our moderation Discord. The *incorrect* way to handle this is to shame another player, repost your removed content, and make it into a meme. Does player shaming include shaming someone who says something stupid on a post you made?
Luralin (NA)
: Why did Riot remove Rotating Game Modes
URF is the only mode that matters.
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7NdmvEsg,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-08-20T23:00:34.153+0000) > > not {{champion:21}} ?? Miss Fortune does not have a cat skin. Rengar Yuumi Nidalee Kitty Cat Katarina Meowkai Meowrick Those qualify for this thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7NdmvEsg,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-08-20T23:12:15.840+0000) > > Miss Fortune does not have a cat skin. > > Rengar > Yuumi > Nidalee > Kitty Cat Katarina > Meowkai > Meowrick > > Those qualify for this thread. Nice Cat picks pal!{{champion:350}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:350}} {{champion:350}}
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0TlQaj5E,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-08-20T20:34:10.505+0000) > > Being bad at the game isn't bannable, I mean look, you're not banned XD nice joke, i should really feel offended coming from a player like you.
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0TlQaj5E,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-08-20T22:02:11.353+0000) > > nice joke, i should really feel offended coming from a player like you. Well if you're smart enough to figure out its a joke, then you're smart enough to not get offended. Good job kid.
: > [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E6thm6FR,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-08-20T20:23:44.282+0000) > > Why are you mean here but nice in real life? > Shouldn't you be nice all the time? People have to act like someone else in real life but can only be themselves on the internet
> [{quoted}](name=GayrensTari,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E6thm6FR,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2019-08-20T21:34:45.010+0000) > > People have to act like someone else in real life but can only be themselves on the internet Thats funny, I act the same in real as I do on the interwebs.{{champion:119}}
: Yes
> [{quoted}](name=Polaris I,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=n7iKEaW9,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-20T21:24:26.997+0000) > > Yes Really? Wow!{{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Xphineas (NA)
: Mine would have to be Aurelion Sol or Bard because they are so unique, they change the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Xphineas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7NdmvEsg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-20T20:52:49.303+0000) > > Mine would have to be Aurelion Sol or Bard because they are so unique, they change the game. But those are NOT Cat - Champs!! Mi-mi-meow~!{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: why am i getting a 14 day suspension?
don't feed the trolls children.{{champion:48}}
: they got rid of dominion but we still get definitely not dominion and ascension, so just because the map is being retired doesn't mean it won't be repurposed for something else.
> [{quoted}](name=preternatural,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAKA9THV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-20T20:38:39.880+0000) > > they got rid of dominion but we still get definitely not dominion and ascension, so just because the map is being retired doesn't mean it won't be repurposed for something else. Those other game modes really aggravated me because URF is my fav, and those other modes were really not fun imo.... :(
Rioter Comments
Jamaree (NA)
: Personally, I hate normal URF because the concept of fun got thrown out after the first few games and people only picked the most OP shit, that said, I do want it to come back for the people who do enjoy it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LAKA9THV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-20T20:34:11.290+0000) > > Personally, I hate normal URF because the concept of fun got thrown out after the first few games and people only picked the most OP shit, that said, I do want it to come back for the people who do enjoy it. Yay! you're my friend then. I like people who want other people to have fun playing their favorite modes! {{item:4402}}
: Anyone with more than 10 deaths in a 20-30 minutes should be instant banned.
Being bad at the game isn't bannable, I mean look, you're not banned XD
Balanc3d (EUNE)
: Unprofessional by riot!
Stop using a 1990s computer to play league bro.
Rioter Comments
Show more

DBS Ronovon

Level 88 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion