: Haven't played in over 3 weeks
I feel very similar too with what you are saying. Riot has been neglecting their fanbase but instead of borderlands 3 I have been binge playing Fire Emblem Three Houses and it has been fun to play and around the holidays instead of playing nexus blitz I was playing so much of Smash Bros Ultimate.
: or maybe they can revert him back to pretty much how he was after the rework, when he was still a tank, and he was actually good. Instead they listened to old Galio players who wanted their "burst mage on tank" back, and we've had to deal with Galio balance issues ever since.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Rycerz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MBB1lv6N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T02:20:50.221+0000) > > or maybe they can revert him back to pretty much how he was after the rework, when he was still a tank, and he was actually good. > > Instead they listened to old Galio players who wanted their "burst mage on tank" back, and we've had to deal with Galio balance issues ever since. Also don't force him to be even more niche than before and getting rid of all his utilities for damage, as of now Galio is worse against ad than compared to Malphite against ad champs. I want him to have his damage reduction the same not halved against ad champions and have his flash taunt plays back. And he has old darius's problem where if he builds full ap he'll unhealthily burst people down which is not what a warden should do and if he build too tanky he can't do much to contribute with his abilities and make him a wet noodle that does less damage than your average tank occasionally. EDIT: Also bring back the cd reduction when he lands an ability on opponents too to show skill expression as well as damage reduction on his ult targeting someone. Again he's meant to peel people not nuke squishies.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 2
Any plans for {{champion:266}} Aatrox now that his revive got removed? I am honestly sad that it got removed and while it is slim chance that it would return again (unless we have a kindred w heal return miracle) it feels like getting rid of it is like clipping his wings.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 19
How is {{champion:246}} Qiyana doing after 3 weeks of being on the live server? I know this isn't your field but is Qiyana going to get her kit adjusted for ARAM and to the extent Twisted Treeline?
: love has nothing to do with game balance buds.
Sadly you are right. Like Ryze shield removal, the gutting of Kalista, Sejuani, and Galio, etc. That is how the balance team works.
: Yea, but currently, as hashinshin even stated, his revive was just an unfun mechanic that contributed to his snowballing potential. How a stupid teammate could just run into Aatrox q and die giving him a revive to run away. Although it was what shined in old aatrox, it was just an all around unfun mechanic.
Revive for a snowball potential and unfun, perhaps but there are ways to go around that mechanic or stall him out. While hashinshin may be right it is not necessarily right choice to remove something that a lot of Aatrox players love.
: rip akali.. We will remember you..
Rip Aatrox too.
: Patch 9.14 notes
Really sad that {{champion:266}} Aatrox's revive got removed in his ult. Removing that is also removing one of Aatrox's unique identities and strengths in League as a whole and is one reason I like to play him. I hope one day it returns though even in a different form again.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 12
Hi Meddler, how is the progress on the AP bruiser items? I remember they were getting revamped with a new passive where it builds up ap the longer you are in combat but I was wondering if the iteration was modified or changed and if it is still coming out during preseason?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 20
How has {{champion:82}} Mordekaiser been doing after the hotfix? When I play Mordekaiser I noticed that his w passive shield resource bar decays when below the minimum threshold (5% maximum hp) is that normal or is it a bug? Also how has the bruiser ap item system been coming along like the reworked madness passive (e.g. {{item:3001}} ,{{item:3151}} ,{{item:3027}} ,{{item:3116}} ,etc.)?
Meddler (NA)
: BotW2, no contest for me. Elden Ring as clear second.
Nice, same here though not a big fan of Zelda's short hair cut in my opinion.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 14
Off topic but did you watch this year's e3? If so, what are you most excited/hyped for? I am very excited for breath of the wild 2, fire emblem three houses, and the Smash bros ultimate dlc characters. However I became very frustrated/disappointed when Gamefreak announced that Pokemon Sword and Shield will not have all 800 plus pokemon in the game and that Mega evolutions and z moves won't be in there either.
: Considering how busted he is from people that haven't learned his kit I don't want to see his optimized learning curve in his current state, no.
Even as a mord main I would say that he's way too strong even when I played him on the pbe (haven't gotten the chance on live yet) and I only played him twice and he crushed people easily. Good news though, there will be a micropatch today for him, hopefully it will be focused on nerfing his ms from his passive either early or all stages of the game or his passive damage.
Meddler (NA)
: Council here too, both off general preference and for the Freljordian vibe to their symbol :)
Nice, yeah same with me I tend to be a person who tries to strategize throughout the game and my favorite color is blue also. I also try to be more of a swiss army knife even though I have certain main champions rather than a one trick.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 7
Off topic and out of curiosity but what house did you pick Meddler? I picked the Council and we were so close to getting first place.
Meddler (NA)
: These days I get up whenever my daughter decides to wake up (newborn). Figured I'd just put the post up early as a result. Her waking up early was real convenient for MSI though must admit, even if I missed the first game. For anyone who hasn't watched the BO5 yet it's well worth a look.
Yup can understand that, my older sister's daughter does constantly wake her and my brother-in law up and it does make them exhausted and she's six months old now.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 17
Morning Meddler, any follow-up plans needed for champions that used aftershock like {{champion:3}} Galio and {{champion:555}} Pyke since the tank stats on the rune and damage ratios got adjusted?
: Just that it's not base as she gets, it's lvl 1 AS, her AS **RATIO** stays at 0.625(played her on PBE) IF it actually was a buff to her as-ratio, it would atleast be proper compensation to the AS-boost removel(though not the ratio nerf) and help her on-hit/bruiser builts. But the current PBE itteration is a straight nerf to everything.
Damn it, that's misleading. So now she basically has her much older passive automatically in her stats but that's still not giving her enough compensation, might as well have the base attack speed scaling not starting attack speed increased. I like the movement speed boost but she needs to still have her higher bonus attack speed (be it growth or current e passive) if the ap ratio is lowered otherwise it won't feel that great sticking to people and would feel like she'll do less damage in a longer fight. EDIT: Also Diana still is mana hungry without her passive so she needs to have more overall mana or less mana consumption if she is sticking to a fight.
: The base attack speed buff is better early since you don't have to destroy your mana pool, but won't be enough mid-late game to be worth going bruiser over assassin.
Base attack speed does also amplify her attack speed bonus also like when she build Nashor's Tooth but this is a joke though with her passive bonus attack speed removed and that her ap ratio got nerfed on her cleave.
Emo Twink (OCE)
: I'd love to see Liss getting multiple buffs reverted because she's fairly weak now. CC Bot liss was always an interactive boring thing, and damage liss got nerfed hard because of it. edit: im dumb i wrote nerfs not buffs
Wait nerfs because she's fairly weak now, did you mean buffs? And yeah her damage is a little underwhelming and she is supposed to be a burst mage.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 9
Are there going to be any followup changes to certain non-tank champions who used aftershock (due to the damage changes) such as {{champion:555}} Pyke like how {{champion:127}} Lissandra got buffed that same patch to compensate for the aftershock damage nerfs?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 9
Any plans for {{champion:50}} Swain? Are there any followup changes for {{champion:3}} Galio since aftershock got altered for him?
Kei143 (NA)
: Why was the faction quiz so hidden in the client?
I find it annoying that I have to click on each of the factions videos, which are unlisted btw, just to remember what their goals/traits were. Heck I even forgot what my faction was sometimes until I looked at the video again, which mine was the council.
: elo hell only exists in plat 1.
> [{quoted}](name=IS2cc045cb42356,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eak7Kd7P,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-05-05T18:55:31.178+0000) > > elo hell only exists in plat 1. Pretty sure elo hell exists in all the ranks in the game, even the high elo games.
: @RiotGames Please Do something About this
Yeah I get unfair pairings and matchups with people higher than my current rank who are often gold 4 or 3 sometimes even 2 and I am in silver 4 at the moment (was previously silver 1 last season but was put lower due to soft reset). It doesn't benefit me most of the time either having people with a higher rank than me too because a lot of them just flame the whole team or are just plain toxic and if I end up with those kind of guys I will still lose. It's to the point where I sometimes feel like I play or behave better than them even though I clearly am at a lower rank than them (though that may just be a bias for myself).
nGio (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=6I3uxH2W,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-05-03T21:08:43.662+0000) > > Thresh is secretly the old Morgana in disguise. Visual update into several consecutive nerfs incoming.
: If she were to get her heal back, she'd probably have to either pay for it with something else(maybe less duration on W), or have it be so rare that it hardly matters that she has it(like on one of her ults). Her old passive gave her lifesteal and spellvamp and was called twin dragons wasn't it? Perhaps her new ult could signify that by her first giving her lifesteal, and her second giving her spellvamp? Although something would have to be removed for that to be given to her. Perhaps the mini stun on her ult, but then again that feels pretty necessary to her kit, especially against Katarina. Her combined lifesteal and spellvamp were the only reason she ever went gunblade to begin with, to synergize with that, so it feels kinda core to her kit, but at the same time, Akali has always been frustrating to play against, even pre-rework.
Think the mini-stun on her ult is meant so she can disrupt briefly like the channels you mentioned and allow her time to run back in (with her passive and to cook the 2nd part of the ult). Indeed something might have to be removed if her heal is added back (like you said the w or readjust her kit elsewhere) but do note that if she has her heal on her passive she needs to land an ability on an enemy champion to activate her passive which means she's at risk of taking poke damage (especially from ranged champs) when she approaches them even if she gains ms when chasing them.
: Literally, no assassin has healing in their kit(that's a mid laner) I'm glad she has no heal anymore. It gave quite possibly the most mobile assassin a slow, heal, and went in tandem with her passive giving her movement speed and an auto attack enhancer. Way too overstat
You got a good point there, yeah my idea isn't perfect and at the state she is in I would rather wait and see how she keeps performing in the future. Also the only assassin in the mid lane I can think of that can heal is Ekko but that's only on his ult and is meant to recover the health he lost but you make a good point there.
: Rest in Peace, Tahm Kench
Rioter Comments
: First step: accept that life is not fair
Thresh is secretly the old Morgana in disguise.
usul1202 (NA)
: They managed to make him balanced strength-wise, which was impressive, but it still wasn't healthy imo. He has counterplay potential now beyond picking the right fight.
I agree with what you just said. I liked his kit before also but I remember Riot did mention he was bound to get reworked because like you said despite it being a balanced kit it wasn't necessarily healthy because of his on-hit drain tanking. The rework was meant to give him some counterplay windows on when he heals or damages best and unfortunately had to remove most of his autoattacking part of the kit because of said drain tanking problems (think pre-mage rework vladimir and to an extent old warwick). I remember a Rioter did mention on a tweet after seeing Doublelift's video on the constantly evolving league game that had Aatrox still been in his pre-reworked state (and no rework was releasing) he would have been nerfed because of the presence he had in pro play. That said Aatrox would have still been a balance problem no matter what would have happened.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 3
How much will Kai'sa be affected by the Rageblade nerfs? I think she's one of those outliers that benefits highly from the item compared to most others due to the phantom hit mechanic like Vayne.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 3
Welcome back Meddler! How have you been?
: Patch 9.9 notes
"I need Healing" in Aatrox's passive, Genji is that you?
: I didn't ever play galio, but he's a tank and rito is buffing all tanks right now so there is a tank meta and they want everyone to quit the game (so you will get a buff probably soon), but I really think he should get his kit a bit changed so he impacts the game a bit more so his winrate goes up. +respect for playing this champion!
Rito buffing all tanks might be a strech but yes I agree his kit should be changed a bit. Give him back his old tankiness (via w damage reduction) and mana costs as well as some base damages and in exchange for move some unneccesary damage ratios here and there while still making him decent at damaging people without abusing it while full tank nor burst people while full ap. In other words, make it so that if Galio can build bruiser build (mixture of ap and tank items) and not be forced to become a wet noodle (full tank build) or glass cannon (something that doesn't fit Galio's thematic nor kit) aka pre-juggernaut rework Darius problems. EDIT: Ok now that I have looked some previous patch notes from before I forgot that a bit of tanks did get buffed indeed but I still don't think it's all tanks that are getting buffed.
: Was there a reward? Currently doing it. If there isn't a reward, or the reward sucks, I'm not bothering with this mess..
I'm not so sure about that. If there is it won't be noticeable until much later. I have seen that some players got some early access to say a sneak peek gameplay to a future champion (before they are on the pbe) or a rework thanks to filling out surveys but it's not guaranteed (and can be still slim chances albeit improved). If you do get invited to that they will allowed you to go to Riot Games HQ that time and pay for the fee but you won't be able to talk about their content until it's officially revealed. Even if there's no reward we are helping Rito with their future content (like comic books, media videos, etc). It's up to you whether you want to do it or not but I would recommend doing so if you have the time.
: Early 9.10 Patch Discussion
Any plans for Galio?
Reav3 (NA)
: Sooner then that, Poll should be out in a matter of weeks, not months
Are you willing to tell us which champions will be on the poll for the next VGU? Also when you meant a matter of weeks do you mean like roughly 2-3 weeks more or less?
Bazerka (NA)
: Yup, discovered this on another thread and posted the problem. Its known and is being fixed now, apologies for that!
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=veAL3T7A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-23T16:39:34.187+0000) > > Yup, discovered this on another thread and posted the problem. Its known and is being fixed now, apologies for that! Mind if you share the link just in case? I still can't open the link on the homepage atm. EDIT: Nvm the link just got fixed right now though can't comment on the article at the moment.
iiGazeii (NA)
: I feel like the game should really do a better job of communicating this. We've got like, what, 140 champions in the game? Are we really expected to be familiar with every single one and know when my opponents are strong and when I should be looking to close out a match? A simple indicator in their description, like the measurement of damage/CC/mobility/etc., that shows where they're meant to be at their weakest/strongest, would be insanely helpful. As a general rule of thumb, supports are good early, assassins are good in the midgame, marksmen and mages are good lategame. There are nuances based on level vs. item scaling, base stats, and learning abilities. For example, assassins tend to have really strong level 3 and level 6 all-ins because when they have all their buttons to press but no items, they're generally much stronger than a mage with all of their buttons and no items.
I completely agree with what you said on the first paragraph. There should be a more detailed part about their kits when looking at the champion description and should be more similar to the champion reveal pages. They also should show the ability preview tab with the health bar and mana shown (again like the recent champion reveal pages) and not like the one on the new client where you only see their abilities without much context as to their damage (even though it doesn't account for their ability scalings). I would argue that some supports are better when time goes on but that's up to debate.
Reksee (NA)
: All I really know on the subject is that {{champion:136}} is decent early game, falls off a tad in the mid game. But he becomes powerful again after purchasing {{item:3027}}{{item:3116}}
Sounds about right. He was nerfed before by moving the damage amplification from ranking his w to leveling up which also gave him a slightly better late game which higher damage at 16 or above with lower mana costs on w at the cost of a weaker mid game.
Rioter Comments
Zyebuss (EUNE)
: Its old
Not sure in what context you mean with old like do you mean a week or older per say?
Terozu (NA)
: Yeah I did Ezreal and Aurelion Sol lol.
Interesting, yeah I would like to see more on Ezreal's adventures as well as how Aurelion Sol will regain his freedom.
: Yeah i got that after 20 minutes i gave up. Way to long
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Rs188WkE,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-19T21:22:57.316+0000) > > Oh yeah have you read Ashe: Warmother yet? Of course! Everything and if you go on my profile I made a lot of threads about it ;) Did you?
Yeah I did read the comic and I loved it. I can't wait to see the Lux and Zed comics later on.
The Iceborn (EUNE)
: Wow really? I didn't play league in a few weeks but definitely interesting and good answer with Sejuani :)
: I can't think of a single other tank support that can't do a better job protecting their carry now while also still being worlds better at engaging too. They've muddled his role so much that he's now shit at everything.
At the rate the nerf is going even {{champion:555}} Pyke and Leona {{champion:89}} would be better at peeling than Tahm Kench while being like said a lot better at engaging and both of them are not even wardens (tanks that focus on peeling their team which is what Tahm Kench's role is supposed to be).
Show more

DCYOUNG888

Level 204 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion