Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: We'll see how they're doing with alternate build paths and preseason changes then figure out whether to do anything. When we've buffed champs in the past because we've removed an item they use it's often lead to overbuffing as other build paths proved to be nearly as strong (e.g. Deathfire Grasp removal and preemptive Ahri buffs).
Are the dragon respawn times going to be altered for preseason?
Meddler (NA)
: Yeah, something like that could be the right way to do it. That's a good example of why, even if we had Vilemaw adjusted to work/look good in other modes it might be a while until the right timing came along.
Perhaps Vilemaw could be used in a rotating game mode like nexus blitz too or star guardian.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 18
Have the AP bruiser item updates been iceboxed or are they still being worked on but not this preseason?
Jesi Oni (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Grumpig,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=exRVU5Ro,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-16T12:05:34.686+0000) > > you gotta realize that last nights stream WASNT the official preseason video, there will probably be more things addressed in the upcoming weeks. As for people mad about dragons, the game has not really changed at all in the last 10 years. Games might not last long enough to get 3 dragons of specific type to change the map anyway so those additions are more of a late game flavour rather than a big impact (unless someone get extremally lucky)
Hopefully they decrease the spawn timer or readjust the pacing of the game to be slower.longer if we don't get the dragons often enough, the latter more in my opinion.
Zullar (NA)
: No damage changes No mobility changes No snowball changes They do not listen to their player base.
In patch 9.14 Riot did try to address some issues with damage and mobility. {{champion:105}} Fizz's passive does flat damage reduction for all types of damage (minus true) and {{champion:89}} Leona was given flat damage reduction on her w in exchange for some bonus armor and mr stats and her old ultimate basic attack empowerment was removed. {{champion:103}} Ahri's e can stop dashes again and {{champion:69}} Cassiopeia had the minimum cast range removed but the cd was increased by 4 seconds at all ranks and the max range was decreased by 100 which kind of defeats the point of trying to improve her anti mobility and {{champion:78}} Poppy grounds enemy champions who dash while her w is up and slows them. However like you said this did not address the damage, mobility, nor snowball creep well since this was only added to only a few champions as a niche and each champion had something taken out or nerfed in exchange to balance out the kit.
Sillae (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=exRVU5Ro,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-10-16T13:11:11.674+0000) > > The mountain drake will give resistances instead of bonus damages > Conqueror will not deal true damages anymore > > So tanks will probably be more played, so it will lower the damages in the game. They're getting rid of conqueror's true damage? Wew. Wait... there's a catch right?
Conqueror will just have more adaptive stats (ad or ap) not sure if the healing will be removed though but it will act more like the old Fervor of Battle that works with abilities than currently.
: 🦀🦀🦀 SPEAR OF SHOJIN IS GONE 🦀🦀🦀
Hope they remake it into the version that was tested in Nexus Blitz last year if it ever returns. I much prefer that spear of shojin compared to the one we currently have.
: Honestly can't wait till you get to play it. Not long now!
Will conqueror still heal the user?
: Bring Us Your Bugs!! Celebrating 10 Years of LoL
This has been a bug for more than a year (around fall 2017) since after the Rift Herald got reworked during the tank update. The {{item:3513}} Eye of the Herald does have the shortened recall but it does not give the movement speed boost after successfully recalling even though it is supposed to (like the baron recalls).
Meddler (NA)
: I feel they've made her more balanceable, though at the expense of playstyle changes that still leave some Taliyah players, or former Taliyah players, disappointed with her. I think that's better than her persisting in a non balanceable state and just being kept extremely weak for most players. It's not an example of an ideal solution though certainly.
What about Aurelion Sol? I feel like his playstyle is way too different and clunky compared to before he got his gameplay update and honestly it feels like he lost a bit of uniqueness for a lot of players who like playing him including myself.
Yets4240 (NA)
: Much prefer the first example to the FAR more bursty and damage heavy second example. Shows you how far damage ramped up in two years.
To be fair both tanks in the second fight did not have any actual tank items and only had doran's rings which gives them a little ap to amplify their abilities which does make it more bursty in the 2nd example because of what they had at the time. Regardless you are right that damage has ramped up over time.
: There's something oddly satisfying in a wet noodle fight imo.
Like this? https://youtu.be/keF4T2enZpg Or this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5tZESJg17g And yeah wet noodle fights can be enjoyable too.
Meddler (NA)
: Music's generally handled by a different part of the org that I have only very limited involvement with. I'm not the right person to try and discuss it as a result, apologies.
I know this is not your department but will there still be music themes for reworked champions and new champions even though there is no more login screen on the client?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: October 4
Any news on the ap bruiser item updates?
: > [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T19:01:35.564+0000) > > Got it. Sorry for the late response, been busy with college work. One other question what would the ratios be for the shield and ult damage as well as base numbers? I typically don't put in specific numbers because those are subject to tuning and balancing, and I find that they often distract from the core of the concept itself. If the core gameplay seems solid, I believe that -- in most cases -- appropriate numbers tweaking can occur.
Understood. Well what I meant was like are those ratios based on hp/bonus hp ratios (like what Azir had on his e in the early days), ap ratios and how big would the shield roughly be like say Ekko's size or Orianna's shield etc.?
: > [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=caKkQ5x7,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-09-07T23:44:16.045+0000)is what is the range of the q star rotations also? Whatever the range you drop the Q at. So somewhere between melee range and, say, 800 range (just estimating here). >In addition what would the cd on the new e and r be since aurelion is supposed to be a roaming mage but also one with weaknesses of getting kited or jumped not (but not to the point where he is completely helpless). No idea. I tend to leave cooldowns a bit vague so they could be tuned as needed. Likely somewhere in the 14-12 second range and somewhere in the 60-80 second range?
Got it. Sorry for the late response, been busy with college work. One other question what would the ratios be for the shield and ult damage as well as base numbers?
: Pyke was fine, and then...
As someone who is a pyke user/main who is mastery level 7 I did not think it was necessary to give him double the gold when he kills someone with ult at the cost of dealing half damage to surviving enemies in patch 9.14. Even for an assassin that is way too much snowballing and I would prefer that change to be reverted (both half damage to surviving enemies and the extra gold) and if he's still weak due to the previous solo lane nerfs to waveclear then he should be given slightly higher bonus ad ratios and lethality ratios on his ult like was initially done on the pbe earlier.
: [Gameplay Update] Aurelion Sol, The Star Forger
I do like the e and r changes not too confident on q yet but question is what is the range of the q star rotations also? In addition what would the cd on the new e and r be since aurelion is supposed to be a roaming mage but also one with weaknesses of getting kited or jumped not (but not to the point where he is completely helpless).
Nihiru (OCE)
: What about the AD Bruiser items? Atma's and cool Shojin.
If I remember correctly, the reason why Atma's and the original Shojin didn't arrive is because they overlap with their functioning such as with themselves or titanic hydra but agreed it should be looked into again.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 23
Are AP Bruiser item reworks still planned for preseason and if so are they different than the ones shown a few months ago?
: or maybe they can revert him back to pretty much how he was after the rework, when he was still a tank, and he was actually good. Instead they listened to old Galio players who wanted their "burst mage on tank" back, and we've had to deal with Galio balance issues ever since.
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Rycerz,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MBB1lv6N,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-13T02:20:50.221+0000) > > or maybe they can revert him back to pretty much how he was after the rework, when he was still a tank, and he was actually good. > > Instead they listened to old Galio players who wanted their "burst mage on tank" back, and we've had to deal with Galio balance issues ever since. Also don't force him to be even more niche than before and getting rid of all his utilities for damage, as of now Galio is worse against ad than compared to Malphite against ad champs. I want him to have his damage reduction the same not halved against ad champions and have his flash taunt plays back. And he has old darius's problem where if he builds full ap he'll unhealthily burst people down which is not what a warden should do and if he build too tanky he can't do much to contribute with his abilities and make him a wet noodle that does less damage than your average tank occasionally. EDIT: Also bring back the cd reduction when he lands an ability on opponents too to show skill expression as well as damage reduction on his ult targeting someone. Again he's meant to peel people not nuke squishies.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 2
Any plans for {{champion:266}} Aatrox now that his revive got removed? I am honestly sad that it got removed and while it is slim chance that it would return again (unless we have a kindred w heal return miracle) it feels like getting rid of it is like clipping his wings.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 19
How is {{champion:246}} Qiyana doing after 3 weeks of being on the live server? I know this isn't your field but is Qiyana going to get her kit adjusted for ARAM and to the extent Twisted Treeline?
: love has nothing to do with game balance buds.
Sadly you are right. Like Ryze shield removal, the gutting of Kalista, Sejuani, and Galio, etc. That is how the balance team works.
: Yea, but currently, as hashinshin even stated, his revive was just an unfun mechanic that contributed to his snowballing potential. How a stupid teammate could just run into Aatrox q and die giving him a revive to run away. Although it was what shined in old aatrox, it was just an all around unfun mechanic.
Revive for a snowball potential and unfun, perhaps but there are ways to go around that mechanic or stall him out. While hashinshin may be right it is not necessarily right choice to remove something that a lot of Aatrox players love.
: rip akali.. We will remember you..
Rip Aatrox too.
: Patch 9.14 notes
Really sad that {{champion:266}} Aatrox's revive got removed in his ult. Removing that is also removing one of Aatrox's unique identities and strengths in League as a whole and is one reason I like to play him. I hope one day it returns though even in a different form again.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: July 12
Hi Meddler, how is the progress on the AP bruiser items? I remember they were getting revamped with a new passive where it builds up ap the longer you are in combat but I was wondering if the iteration was modified or changed and if it is still coming out during preseason?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 20
How has {{champion:82}} Mordekaiser been doing after the hotfix? When I play Mordekaiser I noticed that his w passive shield resource bar decays when below the minimum threshold (5% maximum hp) is that normal or is it a bug? Also how has the bruiser ap item system been coming along like the reworked madness passive (e.g. {{item:3001}} ,{{item:3151}} ,{{item:3027}} ,{{item:3116}} ,etc.)?
Meddler (NA)
: BotW2, no contest for me. Elden Ring as clear second.
Nice, same here though not a big fan of Zelda's short hair cut in my opinion.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 14
Off topic but did you watch this year's e3? If so, what are you most excited/hyped for? I am very excited for breath of the wild 2, fire emblem three houses, and the Smash bros ultimate dlc characters. However I became very frustrated/disappointed when Gamefreak announced that Pokemon Sword and Shield will not have all 800 plus pokemon in the game and that Mega evolutions and z moves won't be in there either.
: Considering how busted he is from people that haven't learned his kit I don't want to see his optimized learning curve in his current state, no.
Even as a mord main I would say that he's way too strong even when I played him on the pbe (haven't gotten the chance on live yet) and I only played him twice and he crushed people easily. Good news though, there will be a micropatch today for him, hopefully it will be focused on nerfing his ms from his passive either early or all stages of the game or his passive damage.
Meddler (NA)
: Council here too, both off general preference and for the Freljordian vibe to their symbol :)
Nice, yeah same with me I tend to be a person who tries to strategize throughout the game and my favorite color is blue also. I also try to be more of a swiss army knife even though I have certain main champions rather than a one trick.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: June 7
Off topic and out of curiosity but what house did you pick Meddler? I picked the Council and we were so close to getting first place.
Meddler (NA)
: These days I get up whenever my daughter decides to wake up (newborn). Figured I'd just put the post up early as a result. Her waking up early was real convenient for MSI though must admit, even if I missed the first game. For anyone who hasn't watched the BO5 yet it's well worth a look.
Yup can understand that, my older sister's daughter does constantly wake her and my brother-in law up and it does make them exhausted and she's six months old now.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 17
Morning Meddler, any follow-up plans needed for champions that used aftershock like {{champion:3}} Galio and {{champion:555}} Pyke since the tank stats on the rune and damage ratios got adjusted?
: Just that it's not base as she gets, it's lvl 1 AS, her AS **RATIO** stays at 0.625(played her on PBE) IF it actually was a buff to her as-ratio, it would atleast be proper compensation to the AS-boost removel(though not the ratio nerf) and help her on-hit/bruiser builts. But the current PBE itteration is a straight nerf to everything.
Damn it, that's misleading. So now she basically has her much older passive automatically in her stats but that's still not giving her enough compensation, might as well have the base attack speed scaling not starting attack speed increased. I like the movement speed boost but she needs to still have her higher bonus attack speed (be it growth or current e passive) if the ap ratio is lowered otherwise it won't feel that great sticking to people and would feel like she'll do less damage in a longer fight. EDIT: Also Diana still is mana hungry without her passive so she needs to have more overall mana or less mana consumption if she is sticking to a fight.
: The base attack speed buff is better early since you don't have to destroy your mana pool, but won't be enough mid-late game to be worth going bruiser over assassin.
Base attack speed does also amplify her attack speed bonus also like when she build Nashor's Tooth but this is a joke though with her passive bonus attack speed removed and that her ap ratio got nerfed on her cleave.
Emo Twink (OCE)
: I'd love to see Liss getting multiple buffs reverted because she's fairly weak now. CC Bot liss was always an interactive boring thing, and damage liss got nerfed hard because of it. edit: im dumb i wrote nerfs not buffs
Wait nerfs because she's fairly weak now, did you mean buffs? And yeah her damage is a little underwhelming and she is supposed to be a burst mage.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 9
Are there going to be any followup changes to certain non-tank champions who used aftershock (due to the damage changes) such as {{champion:555}} Pyke like how {{champion:127}} Lissandra got buffed that same patch to compensate for the aftershock damage nerfs?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: May 9
Any plans for {{champion:50}} Swain? Are there any followup changes for {{champion:3}} Galio since aftershock got altered for him?
Kei143 (NA)
: Why was the faction quiz so hidden in the client?
I find it annoying that I have to click on each of the factions videos, which are unlisted btw, just to remember what their goals/traits were. Heck I even forgot what my faction was sometimes until I looked at the video again, which mine was the council.
: elo hell only exists in plat 1.
> [{quoted}](name=IS2cc045cb42356,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Eak7Kd7P,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-05-05T18:55:31.178+0000) > > elo hell only exists in plat 1. Pretty sure elo hell exists in all the ranks in the game, even the high elo games.
: @RiotGames Please Do something About this
Yeah I get unfair pairings and matchups with people higher than my current rank who are often gold 4 or 3 sometimes even 2 and I am in silver 4 at the moment (was previously silver 1 last season but was put lower due to soft reset). It doesn't benefit me most of the time either having people with a higher rank than me too because a lot of them just flame the whole team or are just plain toxic and if I end up with those kind of guys I will still lose. It's to the point where I sometimes feel like I play or behave better than them even though I clearly am at a lower rank than them (though that may just be a bias for myself).
nGio (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DCYOUNG888,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=6I3uxH2W,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-05-03T21:08:43.662+0000) > > Thresh is secretly the old Morgana in disguise. Visual update into several consecutive nerfs incoming.
: If she were to get her heal back, she'd probably have to either pay for it with something else(maybe less duration on W), or have it be so rare that it hardly matters that she has it(like on one of her ults). Her old passive gave her lifesteal and spellvamp and was called twin dragons wasn't it? Perhaps her new ult could signify that by her first giving her lifesteal, and her second giving her spellvamp? Although something would have to be removed for that to be given to her. Perhaps the mini stun on her ult, but then again that feels pretty necessary to her kit, especially against Katarina. Her combined lifesteal and spellvamp were the only reason she ever went gunblade to begin with, to synergize with that, so it feels kinda core to her kit, but at the same time, Akali has always been frustrating to play against, even pre-rework.
Think the mini-stun on her ult is meant so she can disrupt briefly like the channels you mentioned and allow her time to run back in (with her passive and to cook the 2nd part of the ult). Indeed something might have to be removed if her heal is added back (like you said the w or readjust her kit elsewhere) but do note that if she has her heal on her passive she needs to land an ability on an enemy champion to activate her passive which means she's at risk of taking poke damage (especially from ranged champs) when she approaches them even if she gains ms when chasing them.
: Literally, no assassin has healing in their kit(that's a mid laner) I'm glad she has no heal anymore. It gave quite possibly the most mobile assassin a slow, heal, and went in tandem with her passive giving her movement speed and an auto attack enhancer. Way too overstat
You got a good point there, yeah my idea isn't perfect and at the state she is in I would rather wait and see how she keeps performing in the future. Also the only assassin in the mid lane I can think of that can heal is Ekko but that's only on his ult and is meant to recover the health he lost but you make a good point there.
: Rest in Peace, Tahm Kench
Rioter Comments
Show more

DCYOUNG888

Level 220 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion