: "You are talking to a king" - every {{champion:55}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:1}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:157}} main ever
"And now I've struck a king! Did my hand fall from my wrist?" {{champion:223}}{{champion:37}}{{champion:40}}{{champion:201}}{{champion:432}} -A Message From All Of The Proud Supports Who Support Shitty Mains
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: [CCOS] Judging and news!
How doth one sign up for the co-host thing? I haven't been in the contests in a while, but I would love to do this!
Rioter Comments
: I feel like void champions (malz at minimum) should have an interaction with {{item:3512}}
{{champion:421}} {{item:3512}}: *"purrs affectionately, as if the Voidlings were her children"* {{champion:90}} {{item:3512}}: *"My voidlings are not...amused.* {{champion:31}} {{item:3512}}: *"RISE MY MINIONS. ANNIHILATE MY ENEMIES."* {{champion:161}} {{item:3512}}: *"Voidling-based life form adequate for experimentation."* {{champion:38}} {{item:3512}}: *"When I was back living in the Void, I used to count these things to fall asleep."* **EDIT 2: Okay, okay, FINEEEE. Here's some for Koggy and Kha'Zix.** {{champion:96}} {{item:3512}}: *"Little voidling gives me stomach ache..."* {{champion:121}} {{item:3512}}: *"If you thought they were deadly after the first three, wait until you see them evolve to their...final form. Eheheh...."*
darkdill (NA)
: Your Champion buys a particular item. Give them some dialogue!
>{{champion:59}} {{item:3153}}: *"I will strive to become a better king, like my father!"* {{champion:27}} {{item:2041}}: *"I think I'll start with a dry martini: add two dashes of lemon, one shot of vodka, and hold the lime, because the damn taste ruins my palate."* {{champion:53}} {{item:3025}}: *"Iceborne Gauntlet acquired. Uploading human joke: "Tonight's forcast: A FREEZE."* {{champion:24}} {{item:3078}}: *"Third time's a charm, kid."*
Rioter Comments
: > **~~In the Game of League, you win or you die.~~** In the game of throws, you ward or you die.
**Have an upvote. Or, how would Ramsey put it...?** http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ramsay_snow_sausage_got.gif
: When the enemy escapes into the jungle with 10 health, but you are using Twisted Fate
**MRW After you Kill Him, then expecting your team to praise you:** https://media1.giphy.com/media/8g4D5X4G4IVwY/200_s.gif
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Cindikle (NA)
: Zed would make a fairly standard ninja movie. Braum for Poro documentary. Kayle/Morgana for super power other world movie. Sej/Liss/Ashe for a trilogy, one that would probably split the last movie into two.
> [{quoted}](name=Cindikle,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=h1ykqouh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-03-27T02:57:40.428+0000) > Braum for Poro documentary. **AND HERE WE SEE LITTLE PORO AND BIG PORO. AS YOU CAN SEE, WHEN YOU FEED LITTLE PORO TREAT, HE BECOME LIKE BIG PORO! POROS FOR EVERYBODY! HAHAHA!!!**
: > [{quoted}](name=DMC75001,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oqRjNmHZ,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-27T02:46:39.310+0000) > > DOTA: Warcraft 3 Mod > > And, Riot worries itself on copying from Blizzard, when it all started with Warcraft.... > > I'm glad I played Warcraft 3 as a kid. I only just recently watched Archengeias (Lorerunner as how he is called now on youtube) Lorerun of Warcraft 3. Its really good and I can see the gradual birth of WOW in it and the MOBA genre.
Warcraft is one of those pinnacle games that leave behind a legacy. It's always good to get back to the basics. Maybe Riot should just look back to the past, and try to redesign their ideas in order to better fit their Lore standings.
: > [{quoted}](name=DMC75001,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oqRjNmHZ,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2015-03-27T02:36:56.632+0000) > > It's because of Heroes of the Storm that I'm away from League for so long. Now, I'm considering to spend money on Heroes of The Storm because of their awesome content! > > It won't kill Riot to find inspiration by playing other games. Its not like their MOBA game wasnt inspired by Blizzards games...oh wait, never mind. X)
DOTA: Warcraft 3 Mod And, Riot worries itself on copying from Blizzard, when it all started with Warcraft.... I'm glad I played Warcraft 3 as a kid.
: > [{quoted}](name=DMC75001,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oqRjNmHZ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2015-03-27T01:51:16.596+0000) > > Heroes of the Storm does a lot well with making different champion interactions with other champions > > I'm just saying, League can learn from other MOBAS. Like Dawngate and its treatment of lore. Rest in Peace you beautiful MOBA.
It's because of Heroes of the Storm that I'm away from League for so long. Now, I'm considering to spend money on Heroes of The Storm because of their awesome content! It won't kill Riot to find inspiration by playing other games.
Rioter Comments
: List of Omega Squad Teemo references
"This one's for Johnny!" A Metal Gear solid reference towards a character named Johnny, also known as Akiba in Metal Gear Solid 4. Too many Metal Gear references. I'm in Teemo Hell, and I'm loving it. :3
: Champion interactions should occur when champions meet, not through taunting
Heroes of the Storm does a lot well with making different champion interactions with other champions I'm just saying, League can learn from other MOBAS.
: @Riot, Can Omega Squad Teemo be considered canon?
{{champion:17}} "Teemo, try to remember the basics of CQC..."
Cidem (NA)
: I always liked Teemo's two-sided nature, a character who rides the fine line between "chipper compatriot and unrepentant killer". "There is something that switches off in Teemo, so that the lives he ends do not burden him." o_o It's intriguing to see what he could become, should he fully tilt passed the point of no return.
Cindem, tell the Skins Team that they're doing a good job with all of these visuals! Plus, this skin really puts the "Satanic side" into Teemo.
  Rioter Comments
: Most likely; he isn't terribly different (compared to like Tristana or Sion or someone), and IIRC that's Amumu's most recent exposure in media, so they'll probably follow along those lines. Of course, Ahri's most recent media was "A New Dawn" and her splash looks very little like that.
Well, if Riot decides to go along the lines of those, I'd be happy.
: I heard he might get a VGU. 0_0 Is that still going around or no?
Right now, I think their main focus is on Ryze and Kassadin, as they stated in a post back at the PBE net, Surrender at 20. However, content is very speculative, and I think Swain might get something similar around those lines.
: New Tristana splash on PBE (2/13)
Okay, I can see the problem now. The eyes, the teeth, and the ears. That's what concerns me.
: > You'll get a mixed review from me; twas an improvement from the last, but, something just seems...off. Basically my feelings as well. Also I voted for Amumu because Nunu sort of recently got an updated splash and Taric and Poppy are in the process of getting an update already, so presumably splashes will come with.
You think Riot's artists will follow something along the lines of his figure in "The Curse of the Sad Mummy?"
: Swain wants some love.
Yeah, he'd be more awesome with a new splash art to accompany his Visual Update!
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Old Forum Archive game: Your last played champ wakes you with their ult
{{champion:17}} **Wake up, bitch, time to go to work!** *-mushroom explodes underneath me, sending me flying out the window-* --- {{champion:201}} **No time for napping! It is good day to go out of bed!** *-my room suddenly turns into an igloo as I wake up with crystals sprouting out of the ground-* --- {{champion:76}} **Didn't you hear? It's...mating season.** *-Cougar action. Hell. YES.-*
: Legally, they can't even read it. If they release something that even kiiiinnnda sounds like what you posted, and you can somehow prove a rioter read your post, then you can sue them or they have to buy the rights from you. Same thing goes for the thousands of emails sent to major gaming companies about new game ideas- they can't open a single email without putting themselves at huge potential risk. Sorry, man.
I don't think it works like that, sir. If you read the Terms and Agreement, there is a certain section that states, in a bottled-up version, that the content the users post is a part of Riot's own work. Technically, the Boards is Riot's property, and since you agreed to the Terms, you're allowing them to use the content on the Board that you posted, hence, making it theirs in legal sense.
: If Riot were to put Rin the Yordle into a story without even asking Rin herself for permission, I think that'd be pretty egregious. I seriously doubt it would result in Rin successfully suing them, but it would be a major dick move on Riot's part. (And unnecessary; I think most community lore creators are appreciative that Riot has created this universe for us to explore ourselves, and would gladly give permission.) But I'm not talking about lifting an entire character. I'm talking about ideas. It might sound crazy to even suggest that Riot might be afraid that reading community ideas could expose them to liability. People get really, **REALLY** skittish when the law comes up. The media has primed people to be utterly terrified of lawyers and the courts, beyond all reason. (You still see headlines about, "woman whose car was scratched sues parking lot for FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS in damages", and people eat it up, as though one could meaningfully sue "for" a particular dollar amount in the tort context, outside of some obscure ad damnum clause.) It's a serious problem. But hey, Riot's got a great legal department. I'm just a delicious cupcake. If they're concerned, they should go talk to their extremely fancy legal department. (Or, you know, pause to look at what Riot's been doing in every other department since its inception.) Because if they believe that they must avoid community ideas like the plague, then we've got a real problem here.
**But, if you say, Riot has some very good legal departments, would that even be enough to mitigate the fear of using community ideas?** This sort of confidence is kinda paradoxical, because, as you say, it could be a real problem if "...they must avoid community ideas like the plague...". If they know they have the manpower, the resources, and the effort, I would be seeing more action from them since power can make a person do a lot of crazy things. But, maybe I'm wrong, and they decide to just consolidate their legal power into protecting the content they own instead of attacking or defending for community ideas. What goes on in their legal department; I don't know, but, I think that we ought to know what it is they're trying to protect by shying away from community ideas. **Although I enjoy these posts from Riot about more lore discussion, they seemed to be tight-lipped on what it takes for a community creation to be in League of Legends.**
: What does Narrative mean when it says it can't discuss "specific story ideas"?
**One thing I know for certain: they want to play it safe by stating that they don't want to take ideas of the community due to conflicting trademark issues.** Sometimes, I keep remembering the legal feud between Walt Disney and his fight for Mickey Mouse, in one such legal battle against a satirical cartoonist group called The Air Pirates, who claimed the mouse was used for their own purposes and that it wasn't trademark. The reason I brought this up is like Disney, Riot is a business; a video game business. Thus, they have to be careful on the content that they create and post will be seen by all of the viewers, and they are afraid people will start using their content inappropriately. I think that the community does want to help out, and Riot knows they want to take their information. Yet, they don't want to be dealing with all the legal trouble if say, a community owner decides to pull back his idea that was already implemented in game, but Riot may still want to use that idea, thus creating a mad conflict that will cost time, effort, money, and even the delivery of content towards the League community. Community ideas are very volatile powder kegs; sure, they can light up pretty neatly in a fireworks show, but when placed in a dangerous situation, people could make a disaster out of it. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing; I still believe that community input is the best thing the fans could give in League. But, it's very hard to use properly, since both Riot and the community might have different uses for the content. Riot could possibly take the content and add in game, with the fans thinking it would be an neat, community design. Yet, there also the chance a Riot employer looking for fame could steal an idea from the Boards, delete the post, and earn acclaim for work he didn't do. It's difficult to determine how community content will be used in the future, yet, I think Riot may need some clarification on what both they can and can't do to ideas taken from the community. The legal issues were one of the few things Riot referred to as a sort of way to avoid trademark issues. But, who knows? Maybe they're afraid of using the content the wrong way, or making substantial deals with the community. It's very vague at this point, and we deserve some clarification.
: What Champs do you want to hear more about?
**I can't believe no one wants to discuss THIS GUY:** {{champion:17}} For many, he'd that insane ball of cute Yordle killing, but, what exactly ticked him off after prolonged periods of solitude? Plus, with the Yordlefication going on, how does he fit into Bandle City? Will there still be a *Scouts of The Mothership*, or will Teemo just be another agent working as a deadly operative in Bandle City? Another thing I'd like to discuss is his adventures in Kumunugu. Does he have some interaction with {{champion:76}} Nidalee, or does he perform his missions alone? Also, could at one point had he suffered a catastrophic event I the jungle that caused him to be merciless and a lone wolf? **I'd very much like some more info on this little poster boy. Don't leave him hanging, Riot!** {{champion:17}}
Rioter Comments
Xano501 (NA)
: ***
I seriously thought that relationship was made up.... But, then, I looked in the darkest part of the forums...and... Yeah, I think I need a break from the Internet.
: [Suggestion Box] What do WE want to talk about with Narrative?
What I want Narrative to talk about are some of the connections that Champions have with some other Champions. In a sense, I think that every champion has some sort of connection with others, even if they do not know them yet. As for other popular pairings or partnerships, I want to know more information on those people, and what do they think of they of each other? >**(Examples for discussion would be explaining the rivalry of Twisted Fate {{champion:4}} and Graves {{champion:104}} or even the rivalry between Volibear {{champion:106}} and Zilean {{champion:26}}.)**
DMC75001 (NA)
: **UPDATE: January 22, 2015:** **Posted Special Interactions for buying items in the shop! Final update is coming soon, along with the announcement of the next Champion Lore and Thematic Rework! Stay tuned! :D**
**UPDATE: January 29, 2015:** **Final update! Also, added some quotes and a preview for the next Champion Lore Rework Concept!!!**
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=DMC75001,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ooMI2AHu,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2015-01-27T05:38:35.913+0000) > > I'll be honest, I'm still confused about Amumu's backstory. It's very fuddled, and although I enjoyed the music video, it's leaving me with more mysteries. > > Could Amumu's curse be broken? Was the city he destroyed somewhat connected to his past? It's interesting where Riot will take this... The possibilities were already there, but nothing was added to the story with the video. In essence, it's the same thing as the "Get Jinxed" music video: An interesting look at the champion but not really telling more of the backstory than we already knew.
You know? I'm thinking there's going to be more promotional pages for other champions! I want them to do Teemo! I've already come up with some ideas that might be interesting for a potential rework, but, I know, Riot will go in and do maybe, a promotional preview like Sion {{champion:14}} had.
: > [{quoted}](name=DMC75001,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ooMI2AHu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-01-27T05:29:33.802+0000) > > It's a soundtrack. O.M.G. > > And wait, there's more! Lulu meets Shaco? The origins of Demacian power? I can't wait to see what's in store! :D I'll admit, good on Riot for trying to market more than just stuffed poros and Tibbers dolls. It's not actual *lore*, but it's something entirely different.
I'll be honest, I'm still confused about Amumu's backstory. It's very fuddled, and although I enjoyed the music video, it's leaving me with more mysteries. Could Amumu's curse be broken? Was the city he destroyed somewhat connected to his past? It's interesting where Riot will take this...
: For those who thought the Amumu song was "Lore..." [Warning: Bubble Burst]
It's a soundtrack. O.M.G. And wait, there's more! Lulu meets Shaco? The origins of Demacian power? I can't wait to see what's in store! :D
: Hey, wanted to hop in here and say this was a really well-crafted post. I can't specifically speak to the Lore team and past/present conditions but I will be sending this discussion thread over to someone on their team, see if they'll consider jumping in for some good back-and-forth. Appreciate you taking the time to make this. {{champion:96}}
**Riot, we appreciate you taking the time to look at this post. If there is anything we can do to help, you let us know. This Community can help you a lot more than you can think. :)**
Sneak Dog (EUW)
: Ah, the community won't stop as long as there's nothing actively giving them reason to. We've been at these anti-retcon threads for months now, haven't we? Not all agree that the retcon is bad, personally I think it's a waste but acceptable, but they keep popping up systematically. Seems just a bit curious to make a thread telling us to just move along, hehe. Obviously I'd like to improve lore. Right now however, I just argue against Riots current retcon ideas: > if Trundle was going to be a frost troll, how could we make him into the “coolest” frost troll he could be? This was their attitude in the Trundle retcon and it shows. They didn't intend to keep the old Trundle intact, they just wanted a new awesome character and kept some themes going. I disagree with this way of retconning. My favorite character was suddenly just gone and Riot thought it was a good thing. After that, how could I invest in the lore without dreading the same would happen to me again?
**Oh, yeah, I'll agree with you on that one. Trundle is somewhat sort of...not a Troll with me. It's weird to classify him as a troll, with that rework and all.** Yup, like Riot says, it's all part of the great reconstruction of the Lore. I was a fan of the Journal of Justice; right up to when Riot decommissioned it along with the Institute of War. There's a lot they wanted to ambitiously undertake, but, they probably didn't know the reaction of the fans, including me. They can crank out great Lore; but, sometimes, the content might not be appealing to us. That's why Community Response is important, and I think, if Riot does start throwing their two cents to the crowd, it'll be a much better experience. **I'm with you with improving Lore; as with a many other dedicated players. Hard part: Uncertainty Riot will notice. But, either way, they'll see it. It's really hard to silence a single idea.**
Sneak Dog (EUW)
: > Give feedback on changes Riot is making. We've been doing this. We never stopped. > If you think the time is now to make a bold statement, let your voice be heard. The bold statements have been made pretty much weekly here? What exactly is the message of this thread? Community, continue like you've been doing, Riot, start communicating? Or is it that we should just accept the retcon and work along with Riot? Is it perhaps that we should try to contain the damage the retcon is causing? Personally, with Riots current attitude of retconning happily along for their own reasons and not bothering to argue with/listen to the community, retconning anything and everything *they *dislike, I'd vote for abandoning the lore. Perhaps leave it to the side for pretty stand-alone comics and animations. **My favorite champion already got deleted entirely, why should I still care?** Why should I get a new favourite character and let Riot hurt me again by retconning that one too? But I seem to be part of a minority here, many others seem to be entirely fine with the possiblity of Riot having deleted their favorite character for a new one and announcing it tomorrow. Edit: I might sound a bit harsh here, sorry about that. I'm actually wondering the point the OP is trying to make. Next to that I thought I should add my own feeling about lore, as to why I am not just moving on past the retcon.
>What exactly is the message of this thread? Community, continue like you've been doing, Riot, start communicating? Or is it that we should just accept the retcon and work along with Riot? Is it perhaps that we should try to contain the damage the retcon is causing? **I would say that the message of the thread is to encourage the Community to continue doing what they are doing. And, through this, Riot Employees will take notice, and maybe, create potential Riot/Community Creations.** Probably not the answer you're looking for, but let me explain. Sometimes, we tend to create better content that what Riot puts out, and we just don't have the patience to wait for Lore to resurrect from the grave. I understand your question, and I do. My main message to all you guys is that we can still keep Lore alive, even with Riot employees ignoring our posts. I'm quite certain that these posts really don't get a Rioter Response, but, the community responds? And, League is run on players like us, giving feedback and helping out with certain problems. Believe me, I was sick and tired with Riot just leaving problems every day with inconsistent lore and other gameplay features. There isn't any certainty as to what goes on in Riot, and all I know is just that it leaves us with more questions to solve. But, if we do know the answers to some questions that Riot refuses to give the solution to, it is up to us to decide what to do with the information provided. I'm not against you if you don't want to improve Lore: it's your own opinion. But, there are others out there that might need that little bit of encouragement to push a great idea to the community. All I am is just a simple League of Legends player encouraging other players and Rioters to just simply, work together, and make their responses heard. **So, in the end, the community should continue like they have been doing, but also keep in mind the massive amounts of work Riot has on their hands. Yet, it wouldn't hurt for Riot to give a few kind words here and there, as it also helps encourages more player interaction with the Community.**
Show more

DMC75001

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion