: Nidalee Players Want Riot To Step Up And Fix The Mess Riot Created.
: Here is why the core game of League of Legends is currently broken
: Nidalee Players Want Riot To Step Up And Fix The Mess Riot Created.
I was a nidalee main till they removed her AD scalings.
: Riot Doesn't Like Macro and it has Hurt the Game
> [{quoted}](name=Power Cosmic,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YZvnNVzV,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-20T17:39:53.620+0000) > > The game has gone away from Macro into a Micro-focused one. It was always the wrong move and there is no turning back now. I think a good examples are Zac's old ult vs his new one and Eve's new W & R vs her old ones. The former's is now more precise and largely less effective and Eve is now a sinlge target nuke only champ (even though the ult has aoe). Before Eve's W was just a cleanse/steroid while her ult was big, unique, and very situational in how you used it. Also in general the game encourages a lot of spamming and far less sharp decision making. The game is too big to die, but any type of recovery is in the past. I love the game and the game itself is almost forcing me not to play with how annoying everything is. > > I can make a long reply if people are interested listing Macro vs Micro focused champs. this is so true, the only reason i still play this game is my wife plays but i HATE what the game has become.
: If i know correctly everyones been hating on the insane amount of damage they have in the game as well as the overloaded kits. At this point im truly starting to believe more and more that the balance team doesn't care about the amount of damage or overloaded kits. Turret plating made snowballing even worse because of all the extra gold. At this point it also doesn't feel like they often listen to the community anymore.We've wanted zoes w gone for a long time now but they left it. Vaynes pick ban and has tons of hate but riots ignoring her. They spent all of season 7 doing everything they could to NOT nerf ardent censer. When they did the ranked reset, they never really 'reset' it. They more pushed higher elo players back one division and got rid of the positional ranking. **If riot can. They need to get morello to lead their team for a month or two. Im 97.28382489982389% sure he could fix a lot of their problems but i also think he would want higher pay** In my opinion. Nerf mage items all around. Nerf lethality. Leave tank items and wait to see where they land. **remove stop watch** get rid of glacial augment because its too hard to balance. **set up more polls for the community**
> [{quoted}](name=Shiroe Okazaki,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZnAqGRhb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-22T17:10:47.669+0000) > > If i know correctly everyones been hating on the insane amount of damage they have in the game as well as the overloaded kits. At this point im truly starting to believe more and more that the balance team doesn't care about the amount of damage or overloaded kits. Turret plating made snowballing even worse because of all the extra gold. At this point it also doesn't feel like they often listen to the community anymore.We've wanted zoes w gone for a long time now but they left it. Vaynes pick ban and has tons of hate but riots ignoring her. They spent all of season 7 doing everything they could to NOT nerf ardent censer. When they did the ranked reset, they never really 'reset' it. They more pushed higher elo players back one division and got rid of the positional ranking. > **If riot can. They need to get morello to lead their team for a month or two. Im 97.28382489982389% sure he could fix a lot of their problems but i also think he would want higher pay** > In my opinion. > Nerf mage items all around. Nerf lethality. Leave tank items and wait to see where they land. **remove stop watch** get rid of glacial augment because its too hard to balance. **set up more polls for the community** I agree 100% on bringing morello back but on a perm bases
Bazerka (NA)
: Thank you everyone
> [{quoted}](name=Bazerka,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nX38a2jE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-21T00:58:02.019+0000) > > I realize the title can be read in a sarcastic manner, but I really do mean to say **thank you** in the most genuine way possible. Thank you to everyone who posts, plays, discusses, watches, and generally engages with League. In both positive contributions and salty complaints it shows that you **care **about the game and what happens in it. And its because you care that you post when the balance changes or issues arise in the game (and yes, we aren't perfect they do exist). Thank you for caring, and thank you for playing! > > Disclaimer - I'm in **no way encouraging** people to be salty, toxic, or generally bad neighbors to other players. All that shit serves to do is just inflict pain on others. Vent the anger in a way that doesn't destroy, put down, or generally make others feel miserable. Misery loves company, but thats one feeling I'm happy to deny a companion. > > I legitimately appreciate you, > Riot Bazerka > {{sticker:sg-kiko}} When are you guys gonna admit runes reforged was the biggest mistake ever?
GreyfellD (EUW)
: Tanks and Healers - The Decommissioned Ships of League
> [{quoted}](name=GreyfellD,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aMBbXtFo,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-14T01:32:59.754+0000) > > Seriously, the amount of damage is ridiculous. Speaking as a support main, you don't get time to heal/shield people anymore before one shot boom and they are dead at late game. AD champions are worst offenders at this and I cannot seem to make people understand that blowing people up in one shot, may feel good for you but its just going to frustrate the other team and potentially make Riot lose people. The amount of reaction time needed these days is absurd and Riot needs to understand that we are not all Korean and make this game fun again across ALL skill levels and not just the top 10% of the game. > > The only ridiculously tanky champions I see these days are champions like Darius that seem to get the best of both worlds. If you compare this to naval combat. You have Dreadnoughts (Tanks) and you have Battleships (Bruisers), why would you ever need a dreadnought when a Battleship has... > > - More mobility - {{champion:114}} & {{champion:164}} > - More damage and quicker reload (resets) - {{champion:122}} > - Good CC on a low cooldown - {{champion:266}} > > Literally the ONLY reason you can take a tank these days is for large AOE CC, like {{champion:57}} or {{champion:54}} but most supports & mages can do that easily and be MORE useful (looking at you {{champion:518}} and {{champion:555}}) so the main strength of a tank has been taken away by overloaded terrible new champions. > > So what edge do tanks hold now? > > Since {{champion:67}} exists and is getting free buffs to appease ADC mains of her and can easily melt tanks. (An anti-tank ADC is ridiculous in my opinion since ADC's naturally counter tanks anyway and are supposed to do their damage from relative safety and capable of kiting) then the "Dreadnought" class has been pushed far and far into the backgrounds to make ways for Battleships. > > Yet Riot seem to think that overpowering {{champion:516}} will fix the issue when the problem is a MUCH larger one and tanks will continue to be irrelevant. They can occasionally work but also pro-players pick them as well which means that Riot have to keep them weak, look at what they've just done to {{champion:113}} because of pro-play. Tanks will never be as balanced as they can be. (They can be devastating if used if used in a coordinated team but not in solo Q so Riot has the choice of keeping them a "pro only" class they need to continually tweak around with or change their function so they can be used universally) > > There are only a few solutions I can suggest > > - Nerf the damage of everything bar champion kits (Items, Summoner spells, runes) > - Rework {{champion:67}} so that she doesn't destroy tanks with 0 effort. (Suggestion: Vayne is a HUNTER so what about a kit that allows her to easily pick off isolated enemies, kinda like an ADC version of Kha'zix... I don't know, I'm not a designer but nothing about her screams "Giant-killer" or "Anti-tank" anyway) > - Reduce the game changing nature of tank CC so its not as desirable or more "niche" for pro-play rather then a necessity. > - Give tanks the unique cross-tank ability that they can produce auras (I know Riot, you hate them but they DO serve a purpose in other games and could help here) that buff other champions so it feels like they are more "Command ships" then worthless "Dreadnoughts" drastically improving their usefulness. > > I cannot take credit for the idea of giving tanks "Auras" because I've seen it in Star Trek: Online. That game also had a massive problem with damage creep and DPS was the only important thing in the game. Cryptic tried to remedy this by reducing damage and providing their tank class of ship (Cruisers) with the ability to use a comm array, to increase their value in combat and buff other ships in battle. It was a clever idea and I'm suggesting that the same thing could work here since Riot are never going to nerf damage down clearly but it would allow tanks to serve a more useful purpose in teamfights. Riot just needs to revert runes reforged back to season 7 runes and amsteries and undo all the stat changes they made since season 4 and balance the new champions to match.
: Loving these 15-25 mins games. /s
> [{quoted}](name=option paralysis,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bqBNZwFn,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-14T11:12:45.003+0000) > > I don't even play anymore, only nexus blitz for giggles. Can't bring myself to click play on summoners rift. > I watch streams and 90% of games are just 15 mins go next ff's or the whole team gets one shot at 20-25 mins and it's gg. Nice game rito, that's why we all played this game for 4-5 years, because we want 0.4 secs kills and 15 mins games, amirite. The sarcasm is strong with this one. ROFL. I have hated season 8 of league and looks like season 9 is gonna be even worse.
: League of Legends is neither a strictly guy nor a strictly girl community. It's just a community.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=A1PqHc1l,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-14T13:13:54.197+0000) > > League of Legends is neither a strictly guy nor a strictly girl community. > > It's just a community. You say that as a male who plays a game that is mostly male dominated.
: Unrewarding BE after a level up.
i hate the new be system
: preseason 8 was bad, but it has only gotten worse. Back then you jsut go tleaverbusters with loading screen crashes for the most part, but now it also crashes mid-game alot.
> [{quoted}](name=TheWizardM,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sUIFOa6P,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-14T09:18:44.680+0000) > > preseason 8 was bad, but it has only gotten worse. Back then you jsut go tleaverbusters with loading screen crashes for the most part, but now it also crashes mid-game alot. Eventually the state of the game and client will make it so noone can or will play XD
Terozu (NA)
: Uhhh she actually sung Xayah and Rakan's theme too. I prefer it. The songstress is named Úyanga Bold. If I remember right it's supposed to be an ancient Vastayan language, which means it should literally just be pure vocalization, not any actual words, so finding lyrics would be hard, since they aren't an actual language, kind of like Ornn's theme being Layla singing in ancient Freljordian. Of course Ornn's ancient Frelojordian is a mixture of Scandinavian, Norwegian, Norse and Greek as well as some original words. So if you actually managed to transcribe the song's lyrics I wouldn't be surprised if they could be very roughly translated. :)
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=WltOkwhQ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-13T22:35:57.008+0000) > > Uhhh she actually sung Xayah and Rakan's theme too. I prefer it. > > The songstress is named Úyanga Bold. > > If I remember right it's supposed to be an ancient Vastayan language, which means it should literally just be pure vocalization, not any actual words, so finding lyrics would be hard, since they aren't an actual language, kind of like Ornn's theme being Layla singing in ancient Freljordian. Of course Ornn's ancient Frelojordian is a mixture of Scandinavian, Norwegian, Norse and Greek as well as some original words. So if you actually managed to transcribe the song's lyrics I wouldn't be surprised if they could be very roughly translated. :) I have seen quite a few posts asking for lyrics even if they have to make them up, I am hoping if enough of us ask for lyrics they will give us them. XD
: Bla bla. I had a name that implied I'm female and because of that people were so much nicer to me. My Ex-girlfriend + a friend of her and a girlfriend I know from WoW, they never ever experienced such bullshit in each 4k + games. (all of them with clear female names) You exaggerate.
> [{quoted}](name=Bettnachleger,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EHI6WXBZ,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-01-13T10:02:21.352+0000) > > Bla bla. > I had a name that implied I'm female and because of that people were so much nicer to me. > My Ex-girlfriend + a friend of her and a girlfriend I know from WoW, they never ever experienced such bullshit in each 4k + games. (all of them with clear female names) > You exaggerate. I exaggerate not, we get treated like we don't know how to play video games because we don't have dicks just like we get treated like we don't fucking know sports.
: Sorry, League Voice is currently unavailable. (Always Disconnected)
> [{quoted}](name=IamJJok3R,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=WhXWU9q5,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-01T10:32:15.264+0000) > > I log on to league, and play with friends like normal. Except this time. When they say, we in voice chat. Well I can't hear them. It says I am disconnected. And that it's currently unavailable. So I restarting my client, computer. I try messing around with my settings in & out of game. I refuses to connect. This is a problem that is only happening to me. The rest of my friends are using the voice chat just fine. Whilst I can not use it no matter what it is I do. I've tried hextech repair, and everything I can find that has been recommended by RIOT personnel or up-voted community members. Any help or response would be appreciated. Thank you greatly for your time. <3 Hey joker how're you tonight? I never see you on discord anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=AceFromGorillaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-01-13T08:54:41.327+0000) > > Why is any1 be pissed over it? It's riots mistake it's totally normal for people to exploit it I would too if I knew about it when it happened. Players shouldn't be punished because they didn't cheat they saw sth free and got it. Am I the only one who finds this idea abhorrent? I was online at the time, although I didn't know about this, but if I did, I'd be too scared to take advantage of it knowing that I could potentially suffer consequences. It isn't morally right to begin with.
> [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2019-01-13T09:02:12.976+0000) > > Am I the only one who finds this idea abhorrent? > > I was online at the time, although I didn't know about this, but if I did, I'd be too scared to take advantage of it knowing that I could potentially suffer consequences. It isn't morally right to begin with. you forget most of these kids who still play and love runes reforged have a lack of morals.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:32:35.821+0000) > > I'll say it deminishes the sense of "pride and accomplishment" other players have in the items they spent money on. :P Who cares.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-12T14:34:10.060+0000) > > Who cares. I bet you're one of the bug abusers.
: This game is quite literally unplayable... so I guess I'll play something else.
> [{quoted}](name=TheWizardM,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=sUIFOa6P,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-13T08:56:03.452+0000) > > It is not fun to lose every other game that is in the pocket because of a memory leak bug, to then get a leaver buster so you have to waste an additional 100 minutes of your life, so I'll just play other games for now until that bug is fixed, which by Riot standards should take 1-2 years minimum. this game has been unplayable since preseason 8
CLG ear (NA)
: why is it that kalista is the only female champ that actually has the blood moon mask covering her f
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8TPeZdbf,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-12T22:36:47.157+0000) > > ace? > > is she just that ugly that no one would want to see what blood moon kalista's face would look like, so they just shoved this mask over it? > > i feel sorry for her > > http://www.lol-wallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Moon-Kalista-by-Frown-HD-Wallpaper-Fan-Art-Artwork-League-of-Legends-lol.jpg love the pic you chose for your post.
: How to report someone who doesn't actually fit the criteria Riot sets out for reports.
> [{quoted}](name=LeatherfaceTom,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=IZwiKZ6d,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-12T11:03:56.338+0000) > > Okay, so I thought i'd try and gather information about something I dont quite understand. I played a game yesterday, in which I was top Aatrox, but my ADC bans my Aatrox, then locks in Singed. He then proceeds to follow me all around the game, stealing all my farm and causing the supp go 2v1 in the bottom lane. I kid you not, he followed me everywhere, no matter where I went. This really aggrevated me but we pressed on, with this Singed actually getting a fair few kills, he wasn't feeding. We ended up losing the game, with my score being abmissmal with basically no farm. > > So, I wanted to report this individual for effectively ruining my game, but then I was unsure which thing to report him for. Banning my champ on purpose is annoying, but you cant report that under the options given, following me around all game and stealing my farm, again, cant really report for that either, and putting a comment in the report seems useless as its a computer that checks out the vailidity. So, what would you do? How do you report this clearly negative behavior, that doesn't actually fit a reportable criteria. support ticket to report.
blaze0 (NA)
: Unfair 14 day suspension what can i do? I literally did nothing wrong the automated system messed up
> [{quoted}](name=blaze0,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nKayGeyl,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-13T08:11:25.567+0000) > > So here's my story of the way i got a 14 day suspension unexpectedly, > I got banned after calling my teammate out for saying "Shut up %%%" after i said in chat "vayne q", there was no previous hostility or anything. Then post match i had called her out and told enemy team about this to try and bring her to justice because how the system works (or at least i believe, the more reports, the more credibility) > However I was unfortunate and was in a game with 3 toxic players after most people left the enemy neeko and my fiddlesticks and the vayne started making fun of me saying stuff like "go cry to ur mommy" "suck on my milk" "ur gay" etc. > I had said that saying %%% was not cool in this day and age and that it was derogatory. > However in doing so i had said the individual word "%%%" in the sentence (Ex: "%%% is a derogatory term") and i believe the system had seen me saying %%% a couple times and it ended up getting me banned even though i had never said it in a bad context was just referencing the word to say it was bad. > I had also called their response to me (ie making fun of me and calling me names) "toxic" and that it was creating a toxic environment and this behavior had no place on the internet. I do not think i should get any repercussions what so every I was very nice about it the whole game and did absolutely nothing wrong. I think the system really messed up cause it doesn't look at the context of my chat only the individual words. > > Please let me know if i'm wrong or what i can do to not get a 14 day suspension. This really saddens me cause i wanted to join BDE and was really excited for getting close to honor lvl 3. I am almost honored in all my games and the only reason i had such low honor was because i had had leaverbuster but that's all that has been on my account. I don't understand riot went straight to a 14 day suspension. > > here are my chat logs : > Game 1 > In-Game > blaze0: thats dmg > blaze0: wow > blaze0: sorrys > blaze0: mb > blaze0: fuck > blaze0: my bad > blaze0: fiuck > blaze0: cayne q > (right here is where i got unexpected out of the blue "shut up u %%%" from vayne) > blaze0: okayyy > blaze0: report vayne > blaze0: called me a %%% for saying vayne q > (Enemy neeko was doubting that this happened) > blaze0: trust me > blaze0: gg > Post-Game > blaze0: she said shut up %%% > blaze0: like really > (The 3 of them started to harras me here) > blaze0: %%% in this day in age > blaze0: %%% is a derogatory term > (Then it continued for a good 10to 15 or more lines of chat and i eventually gave up and decided to just report them) > blaze0: what evs im reporting all 3 of u for being toxic and not recognizing what a toxic environment ur creating > blaze0: its just not funny or fun > (They proceeded to tell me to go back and "cry to my mommy") > blaze0: get off the internet if ur gonna be this immature > blaze0: have fun with the ban u guys' > blaze0: <3 > > i was in the process of reporting them and about to screenshot chat when i was kicked off the client :( I believe u should let people screenshot chat b4 being kicked off or at least give logs of all peoples chat not just ur own. > > i believe all 3 of them reported me which is why i got such a serious ban even though i did nothing wrong which proves the system is broken. > > Also i have sent a ticket but got back a response from a bot which was zero help and asked for a human and thats where im at now. I'm afraid i wont get my honor back ive been working so hard to get it back to apply for BDE. I see that you didn't do anything too bad, but calling out someone for reports is reportable you shouldnd't do that, I would reccomend that you make a support ticket and negotiate with Riot support to get your punishment diminished.
: Give Pyke E the Camille E treatment
> [{quoted}](name=Winner Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0tY0ELHh,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-13T07:00:47.105+0000) > > As a long standing Pyke hater, I went to play some Pyke games to figure out how to play against this creepy dude. > Turns out,**he is not overpowered, but he is too annoying to play against** > > **He is not as overpowered as his kit appears to be**. On paper, he has a hook, a 5 seconds stealth which also gives him bonus MS, a huge gap closer which also leaves a path that stuns enemies standing on it, and a notorious reset-on-kill execution ult. Oh btw, he rapidly regenerates a huge amount of lost health when he is out of combat for a few seconds, doesn't it sound fun for poking champs? These combined spells OP, right? But after playing Pyke myself, he is not that strong, at least in team fights. His hook is basically a delayed poor-man version of Blitz's. He is always squishy due to not being allowed to build HP, making his dives in late game team fights extremely risky with all the burst in this one-shot meta. His ult doesn't really contribute that much to his team in the late game, since at that point if an enemy gets that low to be executed by Pyke, he will most certainly be killed by your teammates a few seconds later anyway. You just secured a guaranteed kill without taking the gold away from your teammates. > > So why is he **too annoying to play against**? **His offensive kit is completely fine, its his defensive kit**. > > His passive allows too much health regeneration, but since it can be easily cured by tuning its numbers, its not our main focus. **Our main focus is on his E+W escape combo**. It is too difficult to catch a Pyke who is out of position. His E alone gives him a long range dash, as well as stunning enemies behind. By dashing away, it also gets him out of stealth range to activate his W and go wherever he wishes to. There is absolutely no counter play to this, unless you manage to 100-0 him while keep him CC-ed during that entire duration. > > **This is where I want to introduce the Camille E treatment**. Camille's second part of E has a halfed ranged when not dashing towards the direction of enemies. This is to penalize her for using her gap closer to escape, while giving her incentives to use it offensively. If this treatment is given to Pyke, this would give his opponents a fair chance to catch him when he is trying to get away, while not harming his offensive ability. This also make Pyke to have a playstyle which Riot encourages: to think twice before going in and time your spells carefully. > > Thoughts? It is his lane sustain that makes me ban him EVERY game.
: Patch 9.1 notes
Nice to see Riot is still ignoring the glaring problem that Runes Reforged is. Revert Runes Reforged back to season 7's Runes and Masteries and make runes free already. Don't you see the problem that Runes Reforged is?
: Patch 9.1 notes
I just want them to god damn well revert Runes reforged back to season 7 Runes and Masteries and make Runes free.
MaddMan (NA)
: Tired of Riot. Im not buying skins for $100.
> [{quoted}](name=ErrbodyGTNGanked,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=NcHvyG4T,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-13T05:51:05.768+0000) > > Instead im going to go buy $100 of GP for Oldschool Runescape from a GPsite. Runescape used to be awesome X3
: Riot, you're working yourselves deeper into a corner with skins.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Hy3A2Qn0,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-10T20:24:51.704+0000) > > Prestige Skins aren't "new", they're just the next escalation as Riot tries to make skin sales still a good thing. > > Now, I don't mean disrespect in terms of how skins look. Skins today blow skins of previous years out of the water. That's the exact problem though: There's a nuclear arms race for skins. Let me ask you, reader: How many skins do you have for your favorite champions? Barring a ban or an account loss, you're probably rocking 1-3 skins for most of your favorite champs right? Or, on average, you have the skins you really want and nothing else. > > This exact problem leads to Riot always having to go bigger and bigger. Skins have to be rarer and rarer like Prestige to justify players buying them and still feeling accomplished. Skins now have crazy non-chroma variants (The duo Blitz skins, Solar/Lunar Eclipse Leona) to get you to buy similar skins twice. Skin themes/universes are propped up with a similar amount of care and love to the main universe. There is an arms race going on as we speak of Riot constantly putting more and more effort to get you to buy a skin for a champ you likely already own because it's the next, cool thing you didn't know you wanted. > > Riot, if you want to make money, there are tons of avenues you have yet to explore that wouldn't require half the work. We still don't have a lot of things other games have: Announcers. Finishers. Map variants/accents. Minion/Tower Skins. User Interface skins. Hell, DOTA once sold weather effects. The common counterargument is "ugh then my game will be a clarity nightmare", but that is countered by having it disabled in ranked or only affect the player on player's side. > > This constant escalation of skins isn't healthy nor is it sustainable. Prestige is just the newest tool in a long line of skins to try and get players who already have every skin they want enticed with promises of "New free stuff". You have so many other avenues to explore and so much more you can do that focusing on skins isn't just a bad decision, it's borderline unhealthy for the rest of the game. > > TL;DR Stop focusing on skins, give us some stuff that's not skins. People more willing to spend money on something they don't have/something new than to justify buying a skin for a champ who they already have 39 skins for. Even if they added different things I am still boycotting riot till Runes Reforged is reverted back to season 7 Runes and Masteries and runes made free.
: Social Experiment: Too much Feminism?
> [{quoted}](name=Nuka Girl Lux,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EHI6WXBZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-12T23:59:55.392+0000) > > So lately I see a lot of news about how women are so mistreated in the gaming world. I couldn't help but notice that most of the articles were written by women too. I thought it seemed to stem from bitterness and was wishing that they would take the drama out of a "fun" environment. That is until a couple days ago when I changed my summoner name, and boy was I shocked at the player response. My old name was Kohai Lux, which would sometimes generate thoughts that I was a female, but nothing ever seemed to come of it, being that I wasn't always assumed I was a female. Then I changed my name to "Nuka Girl Lux". Mainly to display my passion for Fallout and League of Legends. I did not anticipate the responses I would receive. Comments such as "I hate E-girls", and "E-Girls ruin the game." I would also receive comments like "hey NGL (Nuka Girl Lux) baby I'll help you win this game." One game where I played support, the 'KAYN' player intentionally threw the game just to kill me as much as possible, hating on "E-girls" and telling me how I shouldn't be playing LOL. I myself personally think that there is so much media focus on "How women are so mistreated", but now I can understand why they feel that way. You would too if you were being treated that way every game just because you are a female. I was raised to be a gentlemen, so on the behalf of all the bitchy guys who cant handle the thought of losing to a girl, I apologize for the insecure guys out there, and I will continue to show respect to guys and girls alike as a sportsmanlike player, and ask that you do the same in return for me. I have been harassed in about 1/3rd of my games due to being female. If I fail to shield my ADC in the 1/4th of the second a talon jumps on them from invisible I am bad because I am female. (I hate this oneshot meta)
Rioter Comments
: The Good, The Bad, and the League: 1/3 - 1/9
> [{quoted}](name=Couch Commando,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=oBkT1OZO,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-10T20:42:59.289+0000) > > _Our team wanted to be a bit more transparent around server issues, as well as other information that the NA playerbase may want to hear about. This is 100% a work in progress, so feedback around what’s here, or what you might want to see, is highly appreciated! _ > > Your weekly dose of server problem-os, NA League news, and other! > > Patch 9.1 finally rolled out, making the next few days of ranked fun to figure out what’s good, what’s bad, and what’s just weird, Sylas might just be the largest champion possible and Twitch Rivals schedule has been revealed. > > **Follow-Ups:** > > * None currently > > **Server Stuff: ** > > * **Blackhawk prepaid cards not redeemable (1/5, ~4 hours). **Blackhawk datacenter decided to become a raven for a few hours, quoting large amounts of poetry at a datacenter instead of processing requests. After a few hours, the raven said nevermore to that issue, and the datacenter processed incoming and outgoing data properly again. > > * **RP & BE fail to load inside of the store (1/7, ~25 minutes). **Mischievous poros loaded a new config for the store, but forgot all the credentials necessary. Memory biscuits were added to their diet, and the credentials were properly added shortly after the mistake was noticed. > > **Game Stuff: ** > > * **Wrong season borders showing in profile (1/8, ongoing).** Well, last season ended and we pushed out the banners for last season, but it’s not the correct banner and can even show the wrong divisionas well. We’re looking at the proper fix, don’t quite have it yet. > > **Player Support Trend:** > > * With the new patch finally rolled out, there’s been a slight increase in patching issues. If you’re having issues finishing or installing patches, please take a look at the KB [here ](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202969434-Patching-Issues)and try some steps before contacting Player Support! > > Morgageddon & Couch Commando When are you guys gonna admit that Runes Reforged was a mistake and revert them back to the Runes and Masteries of season 7 and revert the stat changes that where made? If you guys are worried about rune costs you can simply make runes free. Everyone HATES what the game has become, ever since Runes Reforged came out almost all my close friends quit, a lot of my fav streamers have quit, quite a few of the most famous league players from around the world have said they don't enjoy this game like they used to and some have openly stated they hate the current league but only play and stream for the money. They HATE Runes Reforged WE HATE Runes Reforged, why do you guys keep trying to fix something that can only be fixed with a revert?
: > [{quoted}](name=Gentle Lynn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1jMGkLK7,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-07T12:36:33.918+0000) > > I would rather a balanced meta, a meta without the oneshots unless way ahead and playing properly. > > But if we had to get stuck with one of the 2 i would rather go for a tank meta where the game is actually PLAYABLE!!! > > Also a note: For a tank meta the tanks have to have high dmg, so if tank dmg is very low we won't get a tank meta it would be closer to a balanced meta. THANK. YOU! I don't like it when tanks have high damage. They are tanks, not juggernauts.
> [{quoted}](name=DragonShea,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1jMGkLK7,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-01-07T13:29:25.890+0000) > > THANK. YOU! I don't like it when tanks have high damage. They are tanks, not juggernauts. People tend to not realise this it is good to point out. :P
: I think league needs a shorter game mode such as dominion or nexus blitz more than the other way around. The biggest problem with summoner's rift is that riot is trying to stretch it too thin. They need a shorter map to retain players who want 20 minute games without compromising summoner's rift.
> [{quoted}](name=haaaaaaalp,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=QA7NFUJh,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-07T08:33:46.818+0000) > > I think league needs a shorter game mode such as dominion or nexus blitz more than the other way around. The biggest problem with summoner's rift is that riot is trying to stretch it too thin. They need a shorter map to retain players who want 20 minute games without compromising summoner's rift. This
: What is happening to League is what happened to Street Fighter, lowering the Skill Gap....
> [{quoted}](name=NA Darklarik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wGoNOgE9,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-07T03:43:39.748+0000) > > Literally word for word, what happened to Street Fighter is what is currently happening to League. One of the main reasons why Old pro players are leaving and why old Pro teams (like SKT) are losing. > > 5:30 "The idea that LucaFiasco won, and beat Daigo... what do you think a moment like that means to a larger audience outside of the FDC?" > "I think its speaks to... the accessibility of Street Fighter 5. It just shows that anyone can become a champion in this game if they sort of try." > (Basicly, this would be the equivalent of Reginald beating Faker in a skill matchup) > > 7:26 "Your trying to prevent something from happening, but your so limited in defensive options" > "I definitely like season 1 more because there was definitely more... defensive options, season 2 is more tailored **towards Aggression and more excitement for people to WATCH**. The end result is volatility." > --------------------------------- > Literally word for word, the exact same applies to League here. Dumbing down of skill gaps so that less skilled can stand toe to toe with much more skilled players, more enfasis on offense and exitement, lack of defensive options... > Leaving a volatile easily accessible game that is exiting for Esports and horrible for skill expression. > > **I guess this is just the inevitability of any game during its lifetime. To trade the soul of the game for the money of Esports. ** > So much Skill: > https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureHandsomeManateeTF2John unfortunately this game is done for.
: Would you prefer a tank meta or burst meta?
> [{quoted}](name=ChemicalBuster,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1jMGkLK7,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-07T03:13:33.240+0000) > > So I see a lot of people saying if we buff the champs to make fights more forgiving and less burst, we would have a tank meta again and at the same time seeing a lot of people hate how high risk the game is right now in the boards. > > If you had to choose either, which one would you want? I would rather a balanced meta, a meta without the oneshots unless way ahead and playing properly. But if we had to get stuck with one of the 2 i would rather go for a tank meta where the game is actually PLAYABLE!!! Also a note: For a tank meta the tanks have to have high dmg, so if tank dmg is very low we won't get a tank meta it would be closer to a balanced meta.
: Don't tell me it's not possible to win with someone feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=Not Ganking Bot,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TV5oveZH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-07T12:27:48.648+0000) > > The zyra had a rough game, but remained silent even though our team was verbally abusive to her and kept trying to help and use abilities on enemies. Even though i remained cordial I had thought we lost too. But I was able to carry hard enough to win and zyra thanked and honored me after and I honored her too. It was VERY HARD, But it certainly is possible!. > > Treat your Teammates nicely and maybe they can help turn it around. It won't always happen, but you never know!. > > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Great advice, but unfortunetly with damage so high and playerbase happiness tanking it is so much harder for them to stay positive and try to play for the win they would rather flame and give up. I noticed a lot of players who have gotten toxic or more toxic are players that remember when league was good and fun when it had much better balance years ago. Since happiness is down flaming and giving up is on the hard rise. I miss the good days of league.
: I took a few days break from league
> [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zdEEEG2K,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-07T12:10:50.857+0000) > > and it just feels so refreshing. It might've helped that I slept for something like an entire day straight as well. > > It's strange because I wasn't really playing that much league. I was just getting on every few days for a few hours to grind out my snowdown dailies, but I was seriously starting to get agitated by just about anything and everything. Same thing I been hearing from a lot of people since Runes Reforged dropped, people are happier after taking a break from league, Lets face it Runes Reforged and this oneshot meta is making people miserable
: > [{quoted}](name=Gentle Lynn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dpiHnfOU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-07T11:31:44.384+0000) > > Your kind of attitude is toxic for the game. People just sometimes are having a bad day and not playing well. Doesn't mean they should have their mmr tanked because of people like YOU. If you can't handle kids who sometimes don't play their best then maybe you should get off the playground. I didn't say one bad game, I said 7.
> [{quoted}](name=Radiant Wukong,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dpiHnfOU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-07T12:17:41.179+0000) > > I didn't say one bad game, I said 7. I didn't say 1 game either now did I? It is called having a bad DAY, I know on my days off I can get 10-20 games in EASILY. People have bad days now stop being a toxic little kid or get off the playground and let the good children play.
: 2019 Needs Damage Toned Down, Developers Being Held Accountable, & Work Done on Mistakes
> [{quoted}](name=Wintertechnics,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vQYom9Uj,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:28:02.404+0000) > > It's 2019 and Developers spent the better half of 2018 doing the same things they have been doing for the past few years: nerfing and then reverting something they made a mistake on. For the past few years it honestly feels like the game is going nowhere and nothing is actually being improved. Instead of improving what is already amazing about the game and trying to make League of Legends a fun game for every player, we have an over complicated rune system that favors specific champions and contributes to balance issues and damage creep, the same roles being nerfed and then buffed again every preseason and beginning of the new season, some stupid little gimmick being added to the game that makes the entire game unfun to play, and champion identities being botched and changed to fit the pro player scene. We have a large group of Developers not actually listening to older players and feedback from the community as a whole, because if it doesn't align with how well it plays in the competitive scene it doesn't matter. > > Why is damage still not being addressed? Things and outlying problems in the game are still contributing to damage creep. There has been zero attempt at actually addressing any of these problems since last year and damage creep continues to be a massive problem. How hard is it to tone down damage and actually remove things that care causing problems? > > ---------- > > {{summoner:14}} - Needs a nerf. > {{item:3147}} - Needs to be removed from the game. There is no place for this item in LoL if you are not going to nerf this item. It's free damage on a class of champions that are already hard to catch and do enough damage. It has also contributed to many balance problems and has been nerfed a lot. Remove the item. > > - Electrocute - It's still too strong and doing way too much damage. Nerf it. > - Conqueror - Needs a nerf. > > --------- > > The biggest problem I have with Developers for the past few years is the favoritism they have shown to the same champions. There are champions who are worked on every single year and get substantial kit changes and even art additions to them. We have a few champions that have gotten more reworks, VGU and art updates than problem champions these Developers know they made mistakes on. Instead of owning up to their mistakes or even working on champion that are struggling, we have a Development team that prioritizes reworks and VGU based off of what new skin line they have coming out for that champion. It really shouldn't take this Development team 2 years to give Lissandra a new passive when Lux and Ahri have had their kits reworked and received art updates almost every single year. It really shouldn't be a problem to work on a champion like Malzahar, Skarnar, Morde or Karma when these Developers have literally prioritized 7 large scale updates/VGU on Ryze when they know champions like Malzahar, Skarnar, Morde and Karma are still waiting for actual work to be done on them. We have nothing but excuses for the past couple years as to why nothing is being worked on. > > {{champion:43}} - Karma mains have been asking for art updates to fix a rushed visual update that has incomplete art assets, a poorly developed model, reused and rushed taunts, and no attempt to bring back her fans when it is one of the most highly requested things to return. Let's also talk about the kit that continues to be a massive problem for the past 6 years and is constantly buffed and nerfed right after. The recent attempt at actually doing some work on this champion is being very negatively received, despite Developers asking Karma mains for feedback and their opinions, nothing was implemented and excuses continue to be made. Yet again nothing is being worked on and nothing is being addressed for six years now, but there is another excuse as to why it isn't happening. The rework is still going through despite a massive dislike for the changes and just like 6 years ago, a kit with horrible functionality that is not cohesive is being shoved down our throats. Why bother asking for feedback and criticism if you are not going to make any attempt at implementing them? > > Karma mains understand she shouldn't get a visual update for other champions, even though it isn't fair to say her VU is actually completed. Just look at the new running animation and how it clips with her Mantle of Decorum and dress. Look at Shen's taunts and Karma's. Look at the new thematic that has nothing to do with her. Look at the splash arts that match nothing. The voice lines are terrible. The VU is a mess. We can wait for it. What we cannot wait for is a stubborn Development team to get their act together and right some wrongs. I feel very bad for new players that never got to experience parts of old Karma because they would know how old Karma mains feel, but I do not blame them for sitting here getting upset with old Karma mains constantly bickering about this champion. It's these Developer's fault for doing literally nothing for the past 6 years and having nothing but excuses. > > {{champion:82}} - Morde mains are waiting for something to be done for years now. This champion has the most bugs, his model is severely outdated, his gameplay was ruined by Developers, and he is ignored every single year. Where is any attempt at making Morde better by these Developers? The feedback has been given and suggestions have been made. Where is there a single attempt at making this champion better and rectifying mistakes? There isn't. He has a pretty good thematic to work off of. They know how he played before the update that ruined him. Where is the work? > > It's insulting to prioritize 7 large scale reworks/VGU on Ryze and a rushed Mini VGU on Ezreal when you have a champion like Morde who can actually use the work. He is a mess to play and makes no sense. He looks terrible and still has pizza feet. Why the heck are we prioritizing work on Ryze and a popular champion like Ezreal? > > {{champion:72}} - It's the same as Karma and Morde: he was worked on and the work is not good. There has been zero attempt at rectifying mistakes or even making this champion better, besides an excuse as to why nothing is being done. Meanwhile we have the same champions getting the same type of work getting done on them every single year. It's 2019 and he is still sitting at an abysmal playrate. > > {{champion:90}} - I haven't met a single Malz main that likes the rework. Where is the revert like Developers did to Kog'Maw? Malz was a lot of fun to play before the rework and only needed minor work. Now I see no one hardly playing him. I wonder why. It's 2019 and something needs to be done. Revert him. > > I am throwing {{champion:62}} into the argument too. Players have been literally asking for work to be done on him. Players want a new passive indefinitely but he could honestly use the mini VGU you prioritized on Ezreal for some reason. Is this going to be another two year wait for a champion that needs something done on them like Riot Game Developers did with Lissandra? Where is the work? > > =============== > > Hold Developers accountable for their problems guys. I know people are going to downvote, flame and get mad at me. Stop complaining about the problems if you are literally not going to hold these Developers accountable. Your voices can be heard if we are all giving them. It shouldn't take this much work by us to get these Developers to actually do their jobs. These Developers are literally not even considering anything if it doesn't align with the LCS. Damage is extremely high because they want competitive games to go very fast. Champion identities are being ruined and ignored because of the LCS and how well Developers want it to function in competitive play. Developers are constantly adding new gimmicks and over complicated features that ruin the game and make damage creep even more unbearable to play against, because having something new and flashy in the game is more exciting than actually working on even one single problem in the game. > > HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE AND MAKE THEM DO ACTUAL WORK AND NOT THE SAME WORK THEY DO EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Like holy crap . . . . ADC are constantly being nerfed, buffed, and reworked every single year. Assassins are either to overpowered or under-powered. Mages are still bland in terms of itemization and runes, but remain in a state of either being even or too powerful. Tanks are not doing their jobs but they cannot have too much power in their kits or itemization or they become unbearable to play against. Supports are either too powerful or another group of them are useless. Runes Reforged needs to be reverted back to the season 7 masteries and runes made free then they should try making another system again but without fucking humping the damage dragon and maybe make the game balanced where there isn't 1 shots unless you're way ahead and play correctly, you know how shit USED to be YEARS ago?
: Where are the fun balanced games?
> [{quoted}](name=LoLMasterLeet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ETIjYNOm,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-07T11:14:16.875+0000) > > Every single game is soooo one sided right now ive never seen it happen so consistantly. > > Riot needs look into the snowball aspect of the game badly.. it is easy to fix but riot will never do it. i miss the fun league.
GigglesO (NA)
: Looks like we've been arguing about the same thing for atleast two years.
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEbmIGGY,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T23:36:45.870+0000) > > I found this gem looking through past boards threads. > > Holy shit its almost a prediction come true. > > We are having that burst war right now. I wonder how far back these predictions were. > > #######BRINGBACKDEFENSE interesting to see people really predicted this, i never came on the boards much till runes reforged dropped. holy shit runes reforged broke the game hard and made a problem worse.
King Lego (EUNE)
: Isn't it obvious on why it's not going to be added? Here's the obvious answer: It will be abused to oblivion. At this point nobody will lose LP and for all we know, a way will be found to become Diamond+ or so.
> [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mFc7gjPm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-07T09:58:08.315+0000) > > Isn't it obvious on why it's not going to be added? > > Here's the obvious answer: > It will be abused to oblivion. > At this point nobody will lose LP and for all we know, a way will be found to become Diamond+ or so. not if the leaver loses double the LP of a loss. Double of max LP loss.
: Bring back "Unskilled" report and the reason why.
> [{quoted}](name=Radiant Wukong,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dpiHnfOU,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-07T11:07:21.679+0000) > > I just had 3 teammates combine for 22 kills, 56 deaths, 35 assist, 471 cs, 55 ward score, 80.5k champion damage, 12.1k turret damage, 51k objective damage. > The support and I (top) combined for 39 kills, 14 deaths, 16 assist, 33 cs, 90 ward score, 94k champion damage. > I dealt 11.1k turret damage and 22.7k objective damage. > > With that said, I think I should be able to report all 3 of them for being "Unskilled" or having "Failure to Adapt" to the state of the game. When this type of report is made, it will be reviewed. Your overall win rate and KDA will taken into consideration. After maybe 7 accurate reports of unskilled are filed, your MMR will be dropped 300 points. > > Why? With a tanked MMR, you will inevitably drop to the rank you should be playing at, then once your MMR matches your rank (and you hopefully stop getting reported and can contribute more to your team), you'll stay where you belong or climb. Your kind of attitude is toxic for the game. People just sometimes are having a bad day and not playing well. Doesn't mean they should have their mmr tanked because of people like YOU. If you can't handle kids who sometimes don't play their best then maybe you should get off the playground.
Quáx (NA)
: Zyra And Brand
> [{quoted}](name=EvilRubberDucky,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Lzxju0Rb,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T19:18:01.089+0000) > > Everyone wants to see them nerfed, except for their mains in which case it deserves a nerf. I agree with this.
Dynikus (NA)
: >and only contempt for you. and this is the reason they don't listen to you. Because you have nothing but contempt for the company, _no_ decision they make will appeal to you. Why should they listen to a vocal minority if the vocal minority does nothing but complain?
> [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vsIEqljc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-06T22:42:29.847+0000) > > and this is the reason they don't listen to you. Because you have nothing but contempt for the company, _no_ decision they make will appeal to you. Why should they listen to a vocal minority if the vocal minority does nothing but complain? Why do you think the MAJORITY has contempt for the company, because they don't fucking care about the players anymore. So maybe if you hopped of riots metaphorical stick and went into games and talk with players on multiple servers you will find the same answers in almost every single match, most players don't bother coming to the boards or to reddit or twitter because they know they will get ignored by riot. Maybe if you wheren't so fucking drunk on the damage meta and bothered to talk to players in every match for a few weeks across many servers maybe you will find that the ammount of people who feel the same way as me isn't a minority, most people just have no faith in Riot anymore and believe Riot doesn't care about the players anymore because it has become a fact. I played this game for a great many seasons and had no problems with the game till they introduced that ABOMINATION called Runes Reforged and there is no way they can fix that abomination except by a full revert. You may say that no decision will appeal to me? You're quite wrong all they have to do is fix the damage, fix tank items, fix true damage and make this game back playable like it was in season 7, season 7 was a bit high in damage but at least it wasn't a cluster fuck. Talk to me once you have spent a few weeks talking to players across the servers like I have. Bye~
: Runes Reforged has very little to do with this if anything at all. Having Tanks and Enchanters nerfed out of the meta is the primary thing responsible for this meta. No damage soakers, no shields, no peel. One of the few things that could be argued is Conqueror keeping tanks out of top lane, but that isn't a Runes Reforged problem. That is just a single rune's problem. All of these one shots would still be possible with the current items + old runes + Thunderlords.
> [{quoted}](name=Pandemic Punch,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Xjb593P,comment-id=00130000,timestamp=2019-01-06T22:43:07.088+0000) > > Runes Reforged has very little to do with this if anything at all. Having Tanks and Enchanters nerfed out of the meta is the primary thing responsible for this meta. No damage soakers, no shields, no peel. One of the few things that could be argued is Conqueror keeping tanks out of top lane, but that isn't a Runes Reforged problem. That is just a single rune's problem. All of these one shots would still be possible with the current items + old runes + Thunderlords. You might wanna go do your homework and math before you say that because if you even bothered to look up actual stats on these matters you would know that damage is way higher then season 7 and the biggest culprit is Runes Reforged and the stat changes they made when it dropped. Talk to me after you do your homework kiddo.
: > [{quoted}](name=Elf0491,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=PBwVEGNQ,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-01-06T00:37:13.216+0000) > > So I know you aren't the balance team, and I'm not going to ask about balance, but this seems like a nice way to try and connect with the community about what's going on in the game from a technical perspective. I'm wondering if you have any insight on how the League community can best engage with rioters in a respectful and constructive manner, be that rioters on the balance team, tech side (such as here), lore, etc. Just curious what you think really works for both ends of the communication. Some of the best advice I can give, from the giving feedback to someone who is working on a product, is to always ask yourself two questions: 1) Is the feedback I'm giving clear? 2) Have I shut anyone out? Long story short, think about how you want to engage, especially around hot topics. For instance, here's two ways to approach feedback from a recent topic on Reddit today around damage 1: "League sucks, everyone bursts everyone down instantly, this is stupid and I hate it." 2: League currently has a lot of burst damage in the game (items, champs, recent reworks), which makes my preferred champ and playstyle of damage and positioning over time feel incredibly bad. Is this the future of League? Can we go back towards more drawn out fights that last longer than a few seconds? Are there any upcoming changes that may make the immediate future less explodey-bursty? Both say what they don't like currently (the burst in game). However, the first basically says 'This thing sucks, fix it' and the second goes 'this thing sucks to me because [reason], what, if anything, can be done about it?' The second also opens up multiple avenues to talk around it, upcoming Pre-Season/New Season, changes to items, etc. The first just kinda hard dunks down 'X sucks, fix it' TL;DR, Express feedback in a 'X thing feels like Y because it makes Z.' Then ask questions. Feelings are important, just don't let them be the only thing you're saying.
> [{quoted}](name=Morgageddon,realm=NA,application-id=6WpmgL9O,discussion-id=PBwVEGNQ,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-06T20:36:20.698+0000) > > Some of the best advice I can give, from the giving feedback to someone who is working on a product, is to always ask yourself two questions: > > 1) Is the feedback I'm giving clear? > 2) Have I shut anyone out? > > Long story short, think about how you want to engage, especially around hot topics. > > For instance, here's two ways to approach feedback from a recent topic on Reddit today around damage > > 1: "League sucks, everyone bursts everyone down instantly, this is stupid and I hate it." > 2: League currently has a lot of burst damage in the game (items, champs, recent reworks), which makes my preferred champ and playstyle of damage and positioning over time feel incredibly bad. Is this the future of League? Can we go back towards more drawn out fights that last longer than a few seconds? Are there any upcoming changes that may make the immediate future less explodey-bursty? > > Both say what they don't like currently (the burst in game). However, the first basically says 'This thing sucks, fix it' and the second goes 'this thing sucks to me because [reason], what, if anything, can be done about it?' > > The second also opens up multiple avenues to talk around it, upcoming Pre-Season/New Season, changes to items, etc. The first just kinda hard dunks down 'X sucks, fix it' > > TL;DR, > > Express feedback in a 'X thing feels like Y because it makes Z.' Then ask questions. Feelings are important, just don't let them be the only thing you're saying. When are you guys gonna admit that Runes Reforged was a mistake and revert them back to the Runes and Masteries of season 7 and revert the stat changes that where made? If you guys are worried about rune costs you can simply make runes free. Everyone HATES what the game has become, ever since Runes Reforged came out almost all my close friends quit, a lot of my fav streamers have quit, quite a few of the most famous league players from around the world have said they don't enjoy this game like they used to and some have openly stated they hate the current league but only play and stream for the money. They HATE Runes Reforged WE HATE Runes Reforged, why do you guys keep trying to fix something that can only be fixed with a revert?
AjXtar (EUW)
: Burst meta summarized in one video
> [{quoted}](name=AjXtar,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7Xjb593P,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T12:49:44.389+0000) > > This was posted on reddit: https://redd.it/ad537m > > Video link - https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureHandsomeManateeTF2John Runes reforged needs to be reverted back to runes and masteries and the stat changes reverted as well.
: okay riot mort, where is it.. :eyes:
> [{quoted}](name=Cute Jhinger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UGE1qu5V,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T21:47:49.779+0000) > > https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/1075095897367764992 > > {{sticker:sg-shisa}} What are you talking about urf has been here since the preseason of season 8, it is called summoners rift.
: Tank stats are still worthless.
> [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lfsWj1Jo,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T00:52:15.018+0000) > > Short and simple. The game has way too much of a few things > > Armor pen > Mr pen > %pen in general > And max hp damage. > > Tank stats are suppose to counter damage. > So to give tank stats counterplay you made these. But these are taking over everything. > > I mean. Why go for an item like blood thirster when you can get Bork, and do endless amounts more. > > Why go for a crit build, then you can get a much cheaper pen build and still do way more damage. > > I get it. Tank stats need counterplay. > > But when I have 700 armor and it can be shredded down to 70 by any champion with % pen in its build, we have a problem. > > And true damage just needs to be overall reduced to fringe cases like it used to be. > > What is the counter to a fiora who deals 108% max hp true damage over 4.5 seconds? > What are you suppose to build against that? Can’t cleanse her ult. Can’t build hp. Can’t build armor. > > That leaves you with 1 option. Build damage and try to nuke her out faster than she can you. > > > Long story short. Damage is so high and makes tank stats so irrelevant that it’s only counter is more damage. And that’s a load of crap. Yup.
: Remember when True Damage used to be a luxury damage type?
> [{quoted}](name=After3perma,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dWqegWbK,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-06T08:38:34.068+0000) > > Ah the good old days. The great days of League, where all matches were fun, you don’t get blown up in 1 second, defensive items actually did something and True Damage was a luxury damage type. > > True Damage used to be a luxury damage type because it was only available on a few champions especially on their ultimates and Olaf’s point and click mini E nuke. > > Now what do we have? Most new champions and reworks have True Damage. Let’s create a keystone of the sole purpose of dealing continuous True Damage all game. Let’s change IE to deal True Damage also. Let’s allow Fiora to one shot tanks alone with ult because it deals like 80% Max HP True Damage. > > True Damage needs to be stripped back. Revert IE. Remove Conqueror, I don’t care about people trying to defend this keystone. I agree but lets not just remove conq it would be better if Runes Reforged was reverted as a whole back to Runes and Masteries.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5mvEIXEF,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-05T10:54:04.011+0000) > > The resist shards aren't as effective because they buffed base stats when they introduced the new runes. They are as strong as runes before, just that everybody has part of them already baked into their kit. The offensive options are laughable compared to before, where you would have up to 30 AP PLUS other masteries. Now you have to choose to start with 20 or 10. This would be accurate, if they hadn't also buffed base AD or ability base dmg/ratios on many champs. It is nowdays impossible to survive a lane with a passive champion. Before the runes reforged, you could easily simply farm and sacrifice some tower hp+map pressure.
> [{quoted}](name=Darth Αnakin,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5mvEIXEF,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-01-05T16:01:58.911+0000) > > This would be accurate, if they hadn't also buffed base AD or ability base dmg/ratios on many champs. It is nowdays impossible to survive a lane with a passive champion. Before the runes reforged, you could easily simply farm and sacrifice some tower hp+map pressure. Unfortunelt Riot gives no fucking shits about what we want they just wanna sit around and fucking destroy the game so people will be forced to play their new game.
Show more

DNFVixen

Level 102 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion