sob sob (NA)
: Half of my client is missing?
I wish mine looked like that. I can't stand the right side panel and lists that I can't delete or hide. Its a terrible UI. I want the borders on the client back, too.
: Yeah? Cite me a player who has been banned for behaving badly and I'll show you exactly _why_ their "_harsh words_" aren't the reason they're banned. They've been banned almost exclusively for actual in-game **griefing** which is, weirdly, something Riot doesn't do often enough to make a dent. Yet, apparently, DotA2's less toxic than LoL. Whaaa? OH, right, Riot apparently thinks that griefing people isn't a punishable offense because it _"can't be determined with reasonable certainty"_. If you can't tell, I'm cornering you into admitting exactly what you don't want to admit: LoL's problem is the griefers and trolls -- the source of the toxicity -- and not the flamers or people who hurt your feelings. The people who waste your time through throwing your matches are the problem, not the ones who bitch at them for being such horrible people. Riot thinks otherwise, and that's why while DotA2 is evolving LoL is stagnating.
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=maPoVkp2,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000000000000000000000000002,timestamp=2019-12-05T02:31:13.771+0000) > > Oh look, we've come full circle. Riot DOES ban for in game behavior. However, the problem with catching them is three fold. > > Issue #1: Detection of in-game poor behavior requires manual review by a person. With League having 8 million peak concurrent daily users players, there is way too much to do. > > Issue #2: Players far too frequently report people for intentional feeding when they're actually just playing poorly, leading to many false positives and further reinforcing the need for manual review. > > Issue #3: While catching someone running it down into the tower is relatively easy to identify, starting to auto-ban for that will only result in players being more sneaky about it, forcing a loss while not doing so blatantly. > > That being said, when you flame someone, there's really only two ways it can go: > > 1. The person is just doing poorly, and you're being an asshole to someone who is already frustrated at doing poorly. > > 2. The person is acting out to get a rise out of you, and you're the yuppy that's falling for it. > > And then of course, there's the other 3 people on your team that have to suffer through your flaming either way. In all cases, nothing good comes from flaming, and plenty of bad comes from it. So then you agree that bad play not words is the problem and that Riot has a fucking woefully inadequate reporting/punishment policy in place. Its like they got rid of the tribunal and left everything to a terribly implemented bot system. Great work, Subdue. You've cracked it. Now then.. maybe offer a solution to the problem instead of trying to convince us its futile.
Malignis (NA)
: I may just have been against mostly bad Sennas but I don't think I've ever actually lost against her in lane as Soraka. Unless she lands her E she can't really out trade you in my experience. That's not to say she isn't too strong. I've actually found taking Soraka supp with Senna adc is really oppressive. The sustain is bonkers and Senna E into Soraka E has great synergy to lay out the burst. I really kind of wish they would give Soraka a little more love. When she was first reworked she had her Q heal happen instantly and you could heal off multiple targets, I really miss that especially since Senna's self heal is instant. I wish they would at least make it so that hitting multiple targets gave you a stacking regen or at least gave you added duration for targets hit. It feels bad aiming properly to hit 2 targets and seeing both those lights returning to you only to still have the same tiny regen.
> [{quoted}](name=Malignis,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YL6bpilf,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2019-12-01T05:03:34.462+0000) > > I may just have been against mostly bad Sennas but I don't think I've ever actually lost against her in lane as Soraka. Unless she lands her E she can't really out trade you in my experience. > > That's not to say she isn't too strong. I've actually found taking Soraka supp with Senna adc is really oppressive. The sustain is bonkers and Senna E into Soraka E has great synergy to lay out the burst. > > I really kind of wish they would give Soraka a little more love. When she was first reworked she had her Q heal happen instantly and you could heal off multiple targets, I really miss that especially since Senna's self heal is instant. I wish they would at least make it so that hitting multiple targets gave you a stacking regen or at least gave you added duration for targets hit. It feels bad aiming properly to hit 2 targets and seeing both those lights returning to you only to still have the same tiny regen. I want that Q back. I miss silencing mana buffing soraka, but .. the q nerf which made the q into a hidden self regen really ruined her for me. but then again I still miss Shen's real kit and his epic regen. And force of nature. :(
: Auto-filled Players playing roles they're bad at isn't a new problem.
If you're playing pvp without knowing at least 1 champ in every role then you aren't ready for PVP and that should be a requirement. Like how level 30 used to be. Level up a champ from each role to 3 or 4 or something.
: RIOT BAN THE TROLLS
I really don't get why this is being downvoted. We all hate trolls and riot has long since removed the tribunal after claiming they were going to revamp it. But they didn't. They moved to a terrible automated system that literally *DOESNT* account for bad play. Just bad language. Bad language isn't such a big problem since there are language filters and options to mute or remove the chat all together. I do however auto report on racism/sexist/homophobia and the like. There are no options for removing bad players. Just today in my last five games two were remakes and two in a row had two bots on my team. HARD inting because their scripts were badly written. Only 1 game in 5 was a legit 5v5 game. With people. I'd rather have a bad player on my team than a bot. But there are no options for bots. I always select the "Cheating" option but it never works. I reported a kid TODAY for being afk, and inting. He was blocked and reported. ANd was placed in my VERY NEXT MATCH. THere is no reason for this. Except Riot's Greed. I would 100% vote for longer queue timers if I knew that I'd be playing with all people, and zero people I had blocked or reported. One. Hundred. Percent.
Kaliyana (NA)
: This is actually ridiculous. Been playing League for over 6 years now, have had the exact same login name (and username because I don't change that either) and now I can't use the one I've been using for SIX YEARS. Fuck you Riot. Where was the memo that we were going to be required to change our usernames? I never got one. Not even a notification on my account. Not even a fucking email. I was at work all day and when I came home to play league I log in fine but it tells me I have to change my login name. Literally ZERO notification that I had to change it or that a change was coming up. If I had known a change was coming up I would have done it this morning when I was able to play some TFT before going to work.
> [{quoted}](name=Kaliyana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=P6PzXAwc,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-11-26T22:56:45.738+0000) > > This is actually ridiculous. Been playing League for over 6 years now, have had the exact same login name (and username because I don't change that either) and now I can't use the one I've been using for SIX YEARS. Fuck you Riot. > > Where was the memo that we were going to be required to change our usernames? I never got one. Not even a notification on my account. Not even a fucking email. I was at work all day and when I came home to play league I log in fine but it tells me I have to change my login name. Literally ZERO notification that I had to change it or that a change was coming up. If I had known a change was coming up I would have done it this morning when I was able to play some TFT before going to work. I have had my account since season 1. All the variations of my name are also taken. And my username, pbe name, client name, so now i have to come up with something brand new for sign in on the new shitty client that doesn't save USERNAMES to sign in. All so I can chat with riots second game? Fuck you Riot. Fuck you in your fucking face.
: Rioters put more than you'd think into making these skins. So cut them a break guys
New skins are whatever. The only thing I ever raged about was changing my purchased skins. My Marquid Vlad, Hyena Warwick, Tribal Ryze, Pulsefire Ezreal, Full Metal Pantheon, Pentakill Karthus were all skins I wanted and paid for. Then riot changed them completely and utterly annd offered me no replacement or refund. | I didn't want the stupid warwick with the bullshit enginge on his back. I didn't want a cartoonishly silly tazmanian devil> I wanted a fucking brutal looking bloody hyena. Same with Marquis Vlad. He was horrific before. Now he's a cartoonish weeb vamp. Its fucking gross. I feel for the artist but we all know that we aren't targetting the artist. We are targetting Riot management who didn't make an artistic decision but a monetary one. I want my fucking money back.
rujitra (NA)
: Feel free to show the "real" math then, and feel free to show the "real life" numbers. I'm waiting.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=LO78NXOX,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-11-23T05:43:03.995+0000) > > Feel free to show the "real" math then, and feel free to show the "real life" numbers. I'm waiting. No. You're the one claiming incredibly stupid things. You say the world is flat to us and ask us to prove its roundness. You're just wrong.
rujitra (NA)
: To anyone complaining about jungle changes
So you ignore spawn times, the increased clear times, the less gold, the tough camps, and somehow say, "assuming perfect" over and over... Yeah you're just fucking wrong dude. Go play 100 jungle games with every jungle champ and show that you can only keep up with Yi or Jax or maybe WW. And then show how far you're lagging behind. Because you will be. On paper you're wrong. IN real life you're way fucking off.
: The support item changes are being blown out of proportion too (although that seems to be a "feel" vs. "power" issue) but that's another topic. Thing about balance is that it's mostly relevative to other champions in that role. If you nerf the whole role you don't make them more or less viable for the most part (carries get worse, non-carries get better). A lot of people feel like bot laners (including supports) and junglers needed a nerf. A lot of people who play those roles will disagree and say that solo laners need nerfs. In most cases they'll look at instances where they don't feel like their class is overperforming.
> [{quoted}](name=WTBeGirl100EUhr,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xAnL07MF,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-11-23T04:39:17.797+0000) > > The support item changes are being blown out of proportion too (although that seems to be a "feel" vs. "power" issue) but that's another topic. > > Thing about balance is that it's mostly relevative to other champions in that role. If you nerf the whole role you don't make them more or less viable for the most part (carries get worse, non-carries get better). A lot of people feel like bot laners (including supports) and junglers needed a nerf. A lot of people who play those roles will disagree and say that solo laners need nerfs. In most cases they'll look at instances where they don't feel like their class is overperforming. Hrm.. weird. Bot laners needed a nerf but pyke got buffed, and senna was released. Which is just ranged pyke. Its almost like they didn't want supports playing support and non-hyper carries playing jungle. Otherwise .. what the fuck are you saying and what the fuck is Riot doing?
: But that iteration wasnt fun either. Building frozen heart and spammable shields meant I couldnt hurt him. Also any iteration of ryze is a proplay nightmare and a dogshit solo que champ abusing toplane
> [{quoted}](name=AronCartman,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=o5fjEiwU,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T06:00:48.410+0000) > > But that iteration wasnt fun either. Building frozen heart and spammable shields meant I couldnt hurt him. Also any iteration of ryze is a proplay nightmare and a dogshit solo que champ abusing toplane Nobody gives a fuck about proplay. Never use that as a reason, fucking, ever. Fuck the "pro" scene. FUck the "pro" balance. Fuck the LCS fuck the horseshit changes every season and right before worlds every single fucking year. THe game is made and played by the people. Fuck the pro scene. Make those %%%%s play our shit. Not the other way around. They'd abuse all the mistakes riot makes and they'd have to learn to finally fix them and actually balance the fucking game.
: About the support item problem..
You aren't saying *anything* with this post. Things are better if they are better and you're doing better but if you aren't doing better with the new better items then you wn't be doing better you'll be doing worse. But don't worry cuz you won't have to play worse next year since there will be different game modes. Maybe don't say anything at all unless you're going to say something.
Rioter Comments
x Kuro x (NA)
: too much RNG
Oh. Game is frozen. Weird. I quit the game knowing full well I didn't need to watch the last round play. SInce there was lityerally nothing I could do to win. But my game is frozen now. Why? Look up Hearthstone and what a Concede button is. Jeezus fucking christ Riot.
: When I have a single champion witih a recurve bow and the first time I meet another PC he has a Shojen's spear? Wtf?
Wait just kidding. Just played a game where my Vayne upon meeting an enemy player for the first time saw that their Vayne had a Hextech and a Guinsoo while I had a recurve bow. Again. The RNG was such that I had a recurve bow and the enemy and a HEXTECH GUN BLADE AND A GUINSOO RAGE BLADE. And this is normal.
x Kuro x (NA)
: too much RNG
When I have a single champion witih a recurve bow and the first time I meet another PC he has a Shojen's spear? Wtf?
: The new colors are horrible. They blend into the backgrounds and are very difficult to read. The bright red and purple were great additions. This new thing is awful. Try reading magic damage on ARAM. It can't be done.
> [{quoted}](name=DaBaiXiong,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dN0LIMQk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-26T15:54:58.120+0000) > > The new colors are horrible. They blend into the backgrounds and are very difficult to read. The bright red and purple were great additions. > > This new thing is awful. Try reading magic damage on ARAM. It can't be done. Also color blind mode doesn't change the colors.
: The new damage numbers are hard to read. Light blue seems invisible, and crits are "delayed"
The new colors are horrible. They blend into the backgrounds and are very difficult to read. The bright red and purple were great additions. This new thing is awful. Try reading magic damage on ARAM. It can't be done.
Rioter Comments
: First, I'm impressed you found a 2 year old thread. Lol. Second, I don't like surrendering either. I won't agree to surrender if they're just being upset about not doing well in their lane during lane phase. However, if the enemy has taken our inhibitor and only 2 or 3 of us are fighting to defend and still win while the rest are doing nothing except trying to surrender. That's when I just give in because there's no hope of winning if half your team has given up and aren't even going to try.
First time I've logged into boards in ages. Was just on the list. I never give up. Ever. I also don't think that just because it isn't ranked means I have the excuse of playing terribly or trying out new builds I've never done before. It isn't fair to my teammates. We should all be trying to win games. And not fucking each other over for selfish reasons.
: You know what's better than a successful report feedback?
Riot doesn't care about gameplay. Only language. I think it was season 5 or 6. I was had gone 7/1 in provisionals. Playing bot lane support. Get a guy on my team playing jinx. The guys feeds. Hard. He went 1/22 or something. Was very obviously feeding. Game ends in a loss. I report him. Next game. He's on my team again. Still in bot. Feeds again. I report him again. I look him up. He went something like 9/154 in his provisionals. He was placed in bronze five. A week later he was in gold. He had been tanking his scores to get as low as possible to either start from the bottom and stomp kids or carry somebody up with him. I sent in a support ticket wondering why this person was still playing the game. Riot doesn't give a shit. They found nothing wrong. And even explained to me why they would actively put a person on your team, literally, right after you reported them. "Cuz queue times. People don't want to wait". This community will always be trash because of it. Just don't say "bad words" and you can troll as hard as you like. They don't give a fuck at all.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DaBaiXiong,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Il8ZUOkT,comment-id=000d00000000,timestamp=2018-03-21T07:22:06.945+0000) > > No game is lost until its lost. > > Its cowardly, and more likely to be malicious, to think a game is lost and try to quit, instead of just adjusting, lane swapping, grouping, warding, or any other number of variables that give an advantage. > > Also, you can't hurt my feelings, duder. Quitting anything game for any reason, since remakes were initiated, is selfish. Look, if you vote no on a ranked game, no matter how bad it is, it's probably the right call. That being said, in normals if you trap a bunch of people in a game they have no reasonable hope of winning and make them suffer through an extra up to twenty minutes of misery because your only way to compensate for certain anatomical issues you think you have is to beat your chest and yell "Me nevar quit, me be courage much!" at your monitor then you are a horrible person, harming others for nothing more than to reinforce an inaccurately positive self image of yourself. The decent way to assess in any situation whether to give up is to look at your chances of winning and the consequences of winning versus losing. In a life or death situation not giving up is right call because life times any minuscule chance of winning is better than death. In a ranked game it's all about the lp, and a minuscule chance of winning times what you would earn minus a great chance of losing times what you would lose is better than the loss of lp from the loss of game plus the average of 0 lp from the time you could spend on the next game using whatever time you freed up. In normals what you get is fun and xp. Let's start with the xp, as that's math and that's simpler. If you give up you lose the xp for the time you freed up from this game, but get the xp for the same time from your next game. The difference is that the xp you gave up most likely comes with a losing modifier and the xp in your next game, at the point of surrendering the current one is half way between losing xp and winning xp. See the formula below: XP for not surrendering: timeSaved * xp/unitTime * losingModifier * greatChance + timeSaved * xp/unitTime * winningModifier * tinyChance Whereas the XP for surrendering is the same except instead of getting a tiny and a great chance on the sides, you get 0.5 and 0.5. So that's a loss for you and each of your trapped teammates. The fun is more abstract, and varies with people, but I think it's safe to say that most people enjoy a tight game where each side can still win, a lot of people enjoy being ahead a bit and stomping on others, plenty, including myself enjoy being somewhat behind fighting for a comeback, but not too many enjoy being stomped on, unable to do much of anything. You advocate forcing your team into that specific situation because you saw Galaxy Wuest once and failed to realize that the "Never give up, never surrender" catchphrase comes from fiction even within the context of the movie and it generally applies to life or death situations, not gaming. A surrender decision in a game has nothing to do with courage or cowardice, there is no danger involved, which is a prerequisite for any person to show either of those characteristics. This is about logic and common decency. Be smarter.
Disagree. Also, I have no idea what a Galaxy Wuest is. I don't surrender ever because I've played a ton of games where kids would be spamming forfeits and begging to quit, only to go on and win that game. I invest my time to play a game. A loss because other players didn't get ahead and stomp their lanes and feel like they need to quit has nothing to do with me. I will never ever quit playing or trying to win a game. Regardless of whether or not it is ranked. Its a team game with people. Other people put their time in. Ideally they also enjoy the win because of good strategy and play. Sometimes its luck. A thing works when it shouldn't have. Catching an enemy team making a mistake. Whatever it is. Just because it isn't ranked. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try to play well. And just because you lost your lane. Or you feed a guy or whatever. Doesn't mean that a game is lost. Its more difficult yes. But a game isn't lost until its lost. Tight games are the best games. Kids who want to quit because they lost their lane, they thing, in the first six minutes are not okay. Also, don't condescend. You aren't in a position to do so.
: Irelia being a lich, with her soul contained in her blades rather than her body is an amazing and unique concept... and Riot doesn't like having those. Judging by the short available this far, she's a generic freedom fighter now.
Karthus is a LIch. Thresh's lantern contains Lucians wife's soul and absorbs souls. Varus is two souls entombed. Riot is garbage at remakes/reworks Tell me more about how Ryze is in a better spot. For a second. Stop remaking. Just admit LCS is garbage and hinges on temporarily op/broken champions. You keep messing with champs/items/masteries/"keystones" and you keep perpetuating the problem. Irelia didn't need a remake. And certainly t should have never been hired. Mini games are garbage.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Champion Update: Irelia the Blade Dancer
Boring and uninspired. What a waste. "Flying Blades" That's what you took from Irelia's core? And built around it? Oh cool more mini games in League. SMART.
: Frostblade Irelia feels like Dragonslayer Pantheon all over again
Hyena Warwick, Pentakill Karthus, Tribal Ryze, Captain Gangplank, Marquis Vlad. I want them all back. The new skins are fucking gross.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DaBaiXiong,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Il8ZUOkT,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2016-11-27T10:13:02.232+0000) > > I never surrender. Ever. > > Odin hates a fuckin' coward. Yeah, staying in a lost game is not brave, it's stupid and malicious. I'm not sure how Odin feels about dullards, but surely he can't suffer villains.
No game is lost until its lost. Its cowardly, and more likely to be malicious, to think a game is lost and try to quit, instead of just adjusting, lane swapping, grouping, warding, or any other number of variables that give an advantage. Also, you can't hurt my feelings, duder. Quitting anything game for any reason, since remakes were initiated, is selfish.
: I was having the same issue but i found the solution: 1. go to hot keys tab 2. click on display 3. Ctrl + F Problem solved {{item:3133}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Even though I'm still in the group, I cannot return to the lobby, I'm given the sweet sweet tool tip opportunity to shut down the client and restart it. And no way to communicate with the friends I'm playing with.
Keep getting notices saying patcher is disconnected. Over and over.
: Hey dummies.
Even though I'm still in the group, I cannot return to the lobby, I'm given the sweet sweet tool tip opportunity to shut down the client and restart it. And no way to communicate with the friends I'm playing with.
Rioter Comments
: > Kids who just think that Riots farts dont stink and give them handjobs like you... are a problem. And what about kids who know next to nothing about this game, and yet think as long as they scream about it obnoxiously on the boards constantly, that the game will get changed to how they think it should be just because? I find it troll af when someone from your elo bitches about meta. THERE IS NO META DOWN THERE. You can literally play whatever tf you want, try it, I guarantee you will see no difference in your success as long as you play any champ/role the way it was meant to be played, you will climb. The problem is you don't understand the champs, which begs the question, why should riot, balance their game around people who do not understand the champions? That would make absolutely no sense. But even beyond that, if you think what you read on the forums is going to be a direct relation to how much fun people are currently having with the game, then I cant help you lol. It SHOULD be obvious to anyone that there's going to be alot more people going to the forums to talk about what they dont like, then what they do. Now if someone comes up with a constructive criticism about a game issue, obviously it deserves to be looked at and discussed regardless of their game knowledge. But to many people who like you, include disrespectful and childish little quips in their posts, don't know much to anything about the game, but are convinced otherwise, and make really annoying posts where all they really do is rage and attack anyone who disagrees with them. Well my perspective is that THOSE people are the problem.
Hey, Kiddo. Been around since the very beginning. I know plenty about the game. There is a meta. There always is. There are nerfs and buffs based on pro league. It happens. Also, that isn't even the problem I brought up. I brought up the NARRATIVE. Which is that Riot wants its pro league to be successful. So its pushing CertainlyT's horseshit champ design so that in Asia, where League is supplanting SCII, it appeals more to tv/stream screens. That's a shit idea. The game began organically. Then once the players, of which I was one, began to figure out who best to play the game, I don't play ranked. :D So elo this and that if you want, but I've got like 20k games played since 09, own every champ and am not a child. So, get on my level? I guess. I don't know what you think it is you're doing with your response but it certainly isn't addressing anything I wrote. If league deserves a pro league scene then it will have one. One which is independent of the normal player base. It shouldn't be forced. It should remain organic. And it isn't. Its fucking stupid. Also, reread my post, then yours. And see who has constructive criticism and who is attacking whom? Nice try though. Maybe next time some other person who actually is a kid will be kow-towed by your horseshit. Nice try though. Shit dick fat fuck. :D /high fives
Sparkle (NA)
: An Experience Designer is kinda a cross between a game designer and an artist. Our main job is clarity - usually visual clarity in the user interface (so we work on things like the client or minimap etc) but that could extend to things like in game VFX clarity or even writing error messages. Projects I've personally worked on include things like Runes, Elemental Dragons or the League Friends app. EDIT: It's not a job people know of often in the games industry right now but it's a pretty common career in the more general tech industry
So its your teams fault we lost full customization of runes/mastery. Well let me extend a hearty, "FUCK YOU", to you and your team. New runes are a dogshit experience ruined by this most recent patch where tanks were nerfed, you kept adaptive damage, and fixed NOTHING. Seriously, how little balls do you guys have in that meeting? "Yeah, that seems like it would completely ruin the game/classes/customization/meta" Why isn't there one person on your crew that stood up to Tencent and said, "Kindly, go fuck yourself. This is stupid"?
Cosnirak (NA)
: Ghostcrawler isn't on the balance team, never was. Many Rioters have more than one account, often so that people like you can't look up their actual main gameplay accounts. Also some of their gameplay is in internal testing because it's what they're working on. And of course they act like they know best, they're literally professionals at it and most of them have been doing it for years. It doesn't make them perfect, it doesn't mean they think they're the best in the world at it, but it's their job and there's no other way to do it. It isn't like they're 2-3 guys sitting around just dictating things either. They're a decent sized team who work together on it, look at a lot of data, test, get others to test, take all kinds of feedback, iterate, ect. And lets be real, most random players would be awful at it. I'm not saying I think the balance team does fine or communicates remotely enough, I have plenty of criticism for them. But don't just make stuff up or get hyperbolic about it.
Disagree. They want to be a worldwide company, they need to fucking act like it. That means spend more money, and pay more attention. End of story. Their narrative isn't important. They were a player driven game back in the day when I started. They took the best part of the community, ran with it, got too big too fast, and then forgot that players made the game. They can't hope to catch up unless they forget about their pro league scene. That's an optional revenue stream. Real revenue would be working on the champions, and skins, emotes and all that shit. Their pro league scene means complete fuck all to the regular player. But all regular players are affected by their pro league driven narrative. Riot is completely fucking over almost every single player in its nearly 70 million strong community for like 100 dudes in Asia. Fucking. Gross.
Sqkerg (NA)
: And these audacious accusations you’re stating as fact are based on what evidence now?
: People dramatically overestimate how much of game changes are based off boards... 90% of posts about "balance" are nothing but silver players refusing to accept they played a lane wrong and learn from it so they just go to boards to find people who will agree with them that x champion is busted so they can validate themselves. This is why snowball champions like yas and riven get the most hate from the boards, because you feel it the most when you lose lane to them. But there's a balance team that actually plays this game alot, and can make much more valid opinions about champ adjustments, and if players really dont like the direction the game is going, they vote with their wallets, not board posts. This is only representative of a percent of a percent of the community.
That thing you're saying is fine. Except that there *ARE* boards. Where players discuss game mechanics. They'd be buttfuckinglyretarded not to pay attention to their player base. This thing you're saying is basically, "Boards are nothing. Riot knows what they are doing". Except we all know that Riot DOESN'T know what they are doing. They have a directive. "Make proleague in Asian countries flashy as fuck. Fuck everything else". And boards like these should be a sounding board, constantly, fighting against that forced meta. It doesn't work. But it SHOULD. Kids who just think that Riots farts dont stink and give them handjobs like you... are a problem. Riot is ruining their only game. And they are doing it by not paying attention to the PLAYER BASE. They are trying to force their system on the MASSES. And it won't ever catch on. And its sad. ARAMs and Rotating modes 4 life.
: Patch 8.1 notes
This was the patch? This is what you dummies went with? Before the season opener of your failed rune experiment, you nerf the already non-customizable runes, and pick a fringe champ to nerf, and absurdly so. Who the fuck is running this donkey show of a company? Please tell me moar about how we all get more keys cuz honor. Great. More useless essence. Awesome. Your rune system is shit. Adaptive isn't the same as custom. Klepto is still broken. Damage is out of control. Tanks were the only thing barely surviving, and your nerfed them as a class. Keep trying to force that fuckin' pro league. Top 20 meta champs, "skill floors". It will never catch on in a main stream way. Just break the company off. Give Tencent their Chinese league. And make this a player driven game again.
: > [{quoted}](name=DaBaiXiong,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vLbdAq7J,comment-id=00040006,timestamp=2018-01-01T06:27:40.734+0000) > > No dude. Kid makes a prank call. That's a prank call. That isn't deliberate intent to kill. That's absurd. There is no charge for being a liar. Its a 1st amendment issue. But abusing the emergency system does carry a charge and it varies on the area. > > The police handled this badly and are passing blame. This person shouldn't have been shot to death. Period. > > Cops who fear for their lives and murder civilians has be their go-to for far too long. > > IF you're a fucking coward, then you shouldn't be a cop. And if you make it to the force, and you act like a coward you should be punished. > > Fuck this cop who killed an innocent man, and fuck the guy who made the call. But one crime was waaaaay worse than the other. Don't get it twisted. You're the one getting it twisted by trying to push the blame onto the SWAT team. His call abused emergency services to send combat-ready people ready to kill someone. They killed an entirely innocent man. That's the same concept as a gun being waved around as a threat, and it goes off and kills someone else who is completely unrelated. The kid deserves to be charged as if he fired the weapon himself. He already bragged about pulling this crap before. He has no remorse for what happened. You are blaming the police when he sent SWAT out **TO HANDLE A MENTALLY UNSTABLE FATHER HOLDING HIS FAMILY HOSTAGE.** And do you think the police officer is going to go without any form of punishment? This guy is going to have to live with killing an innocent father **BECAUSE SOME SHIT STAIN OF A HUMAN BEING USED A PRANK CALL TO SEND IN THE SWAT TEAM.** Stop trying to pin this on the police. They followed procedure, the officer who made the shot still has to live with it, and you want to act like the kid is not the biggest problem when his actions lead to an innocent man being killed. Ask yourself this; if that "prank call" was never made, would an innocent man have been killed under the impression that he was a mentally unstable person with hostages?
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vLbdAq7J,comment-id=000400060000,timestamp=2018-01-01T09:27:16.189+0000) > > You're the one getting it twisted by trying to push the blame onto the SWAT team. > > His call abused emergency services to send combat-ready people ready to kill someone. They killed an entirely innocent man. That's the same concept as a gun being waved around as a threat, and it goes off and kills someone else who is completely unrelated. > > The kid deserves to be charged as if he fired the weapon himself. He already bragged about pulling this crap before. He has no remorse for what happened. You are blaming the police when he sent SWAT out **TO HANDLE A MENTALLY UNSTABLE FATHER HOLDING HIS FAMILY HOSTAGE.** > > And do you think the police officer is going to go without any form of punishment? This guy is going to have to live with killing an innocent father **BECAUSE SOME SHIT STAIN OF A HUMAN BEING USED A PRANK CALL TO SEND IN THE SWAT TEAM.** > > Stop trying to pin this on the police. They followed procedure, the officer who made the shot still has to live with it, and you want to act like the kid is not the biggest problem when his actions lead to an innocent man being killed. Ask yourself this; if that "prank call" was never made, would an innocent man have been killed under the impression that he was a mentally unstable person with hostages? I'm not. You can't charge the prank caller with murder. Abusing the 911 system is a crime just isn't sure what it is based on the area. Involuntary manslaughter is probably the highest level he could be charged with. Because his intent wasn't to get somebody killed. And murder one is reserved for planned murders in particularly heinous crimes. Sure as killing police. The officer who pulled the trigger acted like a coward, and actually murdered somebody without a justifiable cause. One crime is way worse than the other. The SWAT team is passing blame. You know what could have happened? A non-coward could have walked up and knocked on the fucking door and asked how things were going, like a normal fucking house call. Or once the address was found, CALLED THE HOUSE. The cop who killed an innocent person wasn't doing so because he thought the man was mentally unstable and going to hurt somebody. He was a fucking coward who feared for his life. For some reason. Cowardice most likely. So, he should be punished. Cowardly cops killing innocent people is an enormous problem in America. Lets start solving it.
Skorch (NA)
: Again, i dont care if anyone is pro-Riot, anti-riot whatever. If someone's ONLY goal is to talk shit about whatever they are talking shit about. Are completely disconnected from feedback they get, dont enjoy what they are playing. Why stay? Are they that bored to sit and just shittalk the game that they havent actually played in 3 years because "its not X season"
Just like if somebodies "ONLY" goal is to say, "Don't say bad things about league for this one specific reason or quit playing the game". That isn't how this works, Dude. You're literally just the opposite side of the coin.
: Kid should be charged with Murder 1. Murder 2 would be the technically correct version, but let's review... He prank called 911 (which is terrible in the first place). The SWAT team killed a completely innocent man. Kid brags about it later. He needs to be tried under Murder 1, deliberate intent to kill. He needs to be the example set for everyone else since such "pranks" can be lethal. It's like someone shooting someone in the thigh and they end up bleeding out. There may not have been any intent to kill, but you've used a lethal weapon and a person died for it. EDIT: Anyone who would rather say SWAT is at fault for the "shoot first" attitude they NEED to have on this job needs to reevaluate why this situation happened in the first place.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vLbdAq7J,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-31T02:23:55.348+0000) > > Kid should be charged with Murder 1. Murder 2 would be the technically correct version, but let's review... > > He prank called 911 (which is terrible in the first place). > The SWAT team killed a completely innocent man. > Kid brags about it later. > > He needs to be tried under Murder 1, deliberate intent to kill. He needs to be the example set for everyone else since such "pranks" can be lethal. It's like someone shooting someone in the thigh and they end up bleeding out. There may not have been any intent to kill, but you've used a lethal weapon and a person died for it. > > EDIT: > Anyone who would rather say SWAT is at fault for the "shoot first" attitude they NEED to have on this job needs to reevaluate why this situation happened in the first place. No dude. Kid makes a prank call. That's a prank call. That isn't deliberate intent to kill. That's absurd. There is no charge for being a liar. Its a 1st amendment issue. But abusing the emergency system does carry a charge and it varies on the area. The police handled this badly and are passing blame. This person shouldn't have been shot to death. Period. Cops who fear for their lives and murder civilians has be their go-to for far too long. IF you're a fucking coward, then you shouldn't be a cop. And if you make it to the force, and you act like a coward you should be punished. Fuck this cop who killed an innocent man, and fuck the guy who made the call. But one crime was waaaaay worse than the other. Don't get it twisted.
Skorch (NA)
: This needs to be said every once in a while.
Game is a shit show. It always has been. But the was geared differently in the beginning. It was a free for all. Then the players decided how to play the game. Then Riot fucked it all up by constantly catering to its tiny, shitshow, proleague. Its gross. Make the game. Lets the plays play the game. Fix broken stuff. Don't tune shit to suit your shitty proleague ratings. Also, report/block features need to be remedied. Also, white knights on the boards are stupid cute. And fucking gross.
Dehitay (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GvYoBfEl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-31T20:15:09.807+0000) > > That's really unfortunate luck. :( > > Blocking, however, doesn't work as well as you'd think. It's great at MMRs with thousands and thousands of players, but it leads to terrible situations in higher MMRs. OverWatch used it for a while, and the world's best Widowmaker found himself waiting for sometimes upwards of an hour for a game simply because so many other great players had blocked him because they didn't want to play against him. > > Effectively, in smaller MMR communities (such a Diamond+), you can actually start to recognize names, and having the ability to block people would effectively let you pick your own team. That's TERRIBLE for a competitive ranking system. I'm relatively confident that would be easily solved by mixing the blocking system and the punishment system together to where if a report registered abuse, but not enough to enforce punishment, it could at least force them to be barred from playing with any player that's blocked them after they reported them for registered abuse. Then that Widowmaker would have to actually be toxic to every player that's blocked him in order to get ridiculously high waiting times. In which case, they would deserve it.
Riot isn't interested in any of this. As long as they have players playing they make money. Blocking/reporting is next to useless. It hasn't done anything to slow the amount of trolls, or rehabilitate the shit community that plays its game. Riot is a garbage company.
: > [{quoted}](name=Karunamon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=GvYoBfEl,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-12-31T21:26:53.133+0000) > > Wouldn't it make more sense to change the way the system works at higher ranks when that's actually a concern, rather than forcing the majority of the playerbase who's not anywhere near that rank to wind up playing against someone they blocked? Not really. What happens when such a player improves? Suddenly the block list they loved and relied on just starts randomly failing them? What about players in the accepted MMR range who decide to play lower-player-number game modes like an unpopular rotating game more or Twisted Treeline? Is their block list suddenly invalid? What about the guy who just blocks everyone? Does he suddenly not get games? It's frankly an issue at all MMRs, just MOST obvious at higher MMRs.
Players don't improve. Despite what Riot says. They either change accounts or get lost in the numbers game at low levels. I've been playing since the beginning. Trolls have never slowed down. At all.
Netkous (EUW)
: Just mute them. Rito has a great report system... If you don't talk nothing happens. Just let them enjoy their false hope <3.
Lies. Riot does NOT have a great report system. A great report system would mean that if you reported a person or team that you wouldn't be immediately placed back into games with them. Also, "strategic blocking" is buttfucking retarded. It isn't a drawback; its a boon. I'd rather have 9 minute wait times to ensure I'd have troll free games then this community.
rcrc0526 (NA)
: 80% cdr urf
What does this post even mean?
: It's been an assumption based upon how in his old lore, Taric would never comment on his sexuality, despite being a favorite of the ladies. However, in his updated lore, he is the Aspect of the Protector from Mount Targon. He's not technically even 100% "Taric" anymore, and there is absolutely nothing in his new lore that mentions anything regarding his sexuality. He is the guardian of life, love and beauty, and was considered to be extremely charming prior to becoming an Aspect, but that doesn't mean he's gay. Now, if you want to talk about those furry pink leg warmers in the Armor of the Fifth Age skin... <.<
Am I the only one who remembers this as being the Original Taric? Taric was a black duder super shiny and flamboyant. And then at some point they swapped 5th age and Classic to make him a white guy with blue armor.
: Here's the one thing that the op post is wrong about. Varus himself (darkin) ISN'T GAY. His two passengers ARE (and that's totally ok). It's already been established that darkin are weapons that claim human lives (See Kayn/Rhaast) or is just an actual Darkin from old (aatrox). What the story did in my mind was bring what we had already thought (he was a darkin to begin with) and updates it with the tragedy. We don't know much about the darkins themselves other than they are immensely powerful beings of which only the known ones were imprisoned within weapons long ago. The Darkin was an extradimensional race attracted by the imprudent use of magic by runeterran magicians. Following this, they started a conquering act known as the "Darkin War" but were ultimately defeated by the Ascended. The remaining Darkins were cornered and trapped in weapons. For all we know right now, his old story IS STILL POSSIBLE. Darkin have to be bred somehow. Varus also personifies VENGEANCE. He could have joined into the war because magic users in the old realm killed his wife and child because they weren't human and were already at war with the likes of Aatrox, and Rhaast so they figured all darkin were evil.. It's like the sterotype that all southerners are rednecks and I hate rednecks so I'm going to just kill all southerners, another example is the Racial divide our country had back in the 60s.. I hate people of X race, so lets kill X race. Also, Varus DOES HAVE A SISTER, meaning that Darkin can be opposite sex's and reproduce. I personally love the new varus lore as it keeps with the tragedy of old varus with a new twist. New varus was released by love in the same pit that old varus was spawned from. Their love constantly reminds varus of his love for his wife and child he had before they were brutally murdered. He's still seeking vengeance, but now its Love vs Vengeance at war inside of him. I know most people are going to downvote this, but this is my opinion on the lore and I for one can not wait til riot actually releases a damn movie with the visual quality they keep throwing out on things.
IF this is true then why is Aatrox such an utterly underpowered dogshit champion? I mean, I love playing Aatrox. But he's weak assss shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Warkinge (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Cactopus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=etAGTcnq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-29T23:22:56.744+0000) > > We thought about this. We decided we didn&#x27;t want to do any more changes that make regular games feel worse when compared to the FWotD, so we actually came up with a better solution. At the same time we announced this change [we also drastically reduced the amount of XP needed to climb at higher levels](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/hAaYMrEs-leveling-and-rewards-early-impressions-and-adjustments) (it now stops getting progressively harder at level 50). > > Taken together, it&#x27;s a win-win change. Overall i do belive that players who play alot have more boxes wich means more chances to get the champion they want with a large discount or simple getting the BE to buy them normaly. Now the problem with this system you promised to give casual players more champions and that didn't quite hit the mark i guess. If i start "win" more BE at level 50 while before i had the same amount at level 30 then it is bad for casual players since they are casual wich mean they dont play alot wich mean they wont leave low levels before some time. Sure if i want for example Jhin i can get it with a large discount if i'm lucky but then if i'm not lucky enough i'll be frustrated and as casual i'll leave the game for the day. What i try to argue is that the RNG involved in these boxes is overall frustrating people more then making them happy to have a dicount on a champion. And even more casual players since they dont get to open boxes that much since they dont level up that fast since they are casual.
> [{quoted}](name=Warkinge,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=etAGTcnq,comment-id=00040006,timestamp=2017-11-30T02:10:56.364+0000) > > Overall i do belive that players who play alot have more boxes wich means more chances to get the champion they want with a large discount or simple getting the BE to buy them normaly. Now the problem with this system you promised to give casual players more champions and that didn&#x27;t quite hit the mark i guess. If i start &quot;win&quot; more BE at level 50 while before i had the same amount at level 30 then it is bad for casual players since they are casual wich mean they dont play alot wich mean they wont leave low levels before some time. Sure if i want for example Jhin i can get it with a large discount if i&#x27;m lucky but then if i&#x27;m not lucky enough i&#x27;ll be frustrated and as casual i&#x27;ll leave the game for the day. > > What i try to argue is that the RNG involved in these boxes is overall frustrating people more then making them happy to have a dicount on a champion. And even more casual players since they dont get to open boxes that much since they dont level up that fast since they are casual. Also, you only open boxes with keys, and when you earn boxes. At an S- or better. On a champion that you haven't already earn a box with. 1 box. Per champ. Per week. Per season. That's it. The champ capsules on the other hand, are absolutely dogshit. The same champions over and over again. In ten levels I got 1 thing that wasn't a champ shard I already owned. It was a gem. So that was nice I guess. 9 more and I can buy a skin. 90 more levels and I'll have a skin. NICE. Wait. I'm lying. I got the emote at level 40. The broken one that refuses to load. Crashes my emote loadout rendering them useless. But keep those mastery tokens at 3250 a piece. Or make us just save every shard to burn that instead. Denying BE. Fuckin'. SMART. Devalue Orange Essence on top of that. Sick cash grab. Cactopus how hard is it to keep getting these awful answers you have to shill out from your Tencent Overlords? Sure am glad you made 50+ leveling *less shitty* instead of all leveling *BETTER*.
Show more

DaBaiXiong

Level 187 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion