: Why do i have to pick a new username when updating to a "Riot account"?
I thought this email was a phishing attempt at first because it wasn't in English and listed a Brazil account that isn't the same username as mine. But it also listed my username on NA in the same email. Not sure what's going on there. For some reason it's not letting me choose my username for the account update. I've had this username since closed beta. Riot has some explaining to do.
: Riot Forcing to change my Username!
I received an E-Mail in another language that I thought was fishing because it listed a Brazil account of a different username along with the NA account of my username (I think Riot may have screwed the pooch on this). I am unable to choose my username, the same one I have had since the closed beta of League. Why exactly is my nick being taken from me after all these years? Can someone explain this horseshit please.
ee tt q (EUW)
: Game play is way too complicated right now
Sounds like a personal problem.
: It may seem like it just promotes AFK farming, but for it to be used effectively, you have to get kills and assists ( they give you more stacks than just monsters ). So AFK farming for 15 minutes isn't THAT effective to actually stack this rune.
This is correct. Dark Harvest is highly nuanced. Most notably; not using a proc is a loss in expected value. Utilizing that value requires active involvement outside of just farming siege minions or large monsters. This applies to trading in lane with it, skirmishes/teamfights, and tower busting (it does provide a pseudo Demolish effect). Dark Harvest increases the skill floor of your gameplay. It introduces siege spawn timings for top laning bruisers/juggernauts, dictating when you can leave your lane to buy/roam/etc. It's the kind of thing that will never be popular to average or below players unless the numbers are overtuned, because they just can't deal with the increased skill floor.
: Hec is a stupid design. The champion is pure cancer when meta.
That's just like, your opinion, man. Hecarim is a worse Spiritbreaker, and Spiritbreaker is just a pub stomper.
: sounds like you need to play {{champion:33}} Ok.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: Hecarim is nuts
There's nothing more hated than bad champs that can lolrekt people when fed.
: > Legend:bloodline isnt so bad you know. Lets you sustain in the jungle more FTFY
Most Junglers have to take Alacrity or Tenacity. Even if they have Unflinching. Better to take Ninja or Swiftness than Merc.
: There is no shame in admitting failures
I've only ever seen someone admit to losing a lane and being outplayed once since TFT Allstars. It was during HoN Beta; I was mid as Puppetmaster and my Deny was almost 100%. Opposing laner said in all chat that he got rekt in laning and congratulated me.
: No i mean in terms of ability scaling. Like how AP is green and AD is orange, perhaps a different shade of orange for total/base/bonus AD.
With regards to champion abilities, you can do some napkin math to figure it out. Without more +BaseAD items in the shop I don't see them wasting development time on something like that, though.
: Does anyone even use Minion Dematerializers?
I use it to get siege minion kills as the support.
: Novice Player looking for champ to main at support to start ranked
Most fun supports at the moment are Kench, Braum, Leona, and Karma.
: {{champion:150}} is very reliant on Cleaver.
Gnarr can buy melee only items.
: > [{quoted}](name=Daimao,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPGErc9E,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-27T04:07:42.285+0000) > > Well that assertion is certainly true. People still refuse to buy mitigation stats on items and continue to complain about getting blown up when they make mistakes. Well not for me, {{champion:86}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3053}} {{item:3742}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3026}} {{item:3065}} I'm always ready :)
If anything it's just an inversion. Instead of the armor/mr being passive and the AD/AP/AS being bought it's now free AD/AP/AS with the armor/mr being bought.
: I have to ask: Does CertainlyT actually try to make his champions as frustrating as possible?
>complains about opposing/enemy champions because of _annoying sounds, "way of being", and physical looks_ You want to know how I know you're a hysteric?
: New Idea for Re-Balancing Runes/Masteries/Spells/Championis
Rexxiee (NA)
: PtA will never be good on bruisers. What they need to do is replace dark haverst with old fervor. Dark harvest has absolutely no space in the game anymore after the PBE nerfs, it will never be anything more than a bronze stomper, so why not get rid of it and give bruisers old fervor back? That way they could go domination, take fervor and gain the 11 AD back they lost on runes.
Dark Harvest has an increased skill floor. It will never be appealing to average players unless it is overtuned. You have to adhere to siege spawn timings when using it in the top lane. For junglers it requires aggressive invasions into enemy jungle.
Kyunsei (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=One Ashe On,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPGErc9E,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-27T02:52:26.712+0000) > > And why PtA will never be good on bruiser ? Please explain because i see multiple Fiora doing just fine with it. it's default choice. What he meant is that it will never be as good as fervor was for bruisers.
> [{quoted}](name=Kyunsei,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPGErc9E,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-11-27T03:13:46.956+0000) > > What he meant is that it will never be as good as fervor was for bruisers. Which is a strawman fallacy. Comparing PtA to another current mastery keystone would be a valid comparison. Old masteries are no longer relevant.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rexxiee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPGErc9E,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2017-11-27T03:14:16.754+0000) > > PTA is trash on fiora. > > Bruisers want AD over 18% attack speed, and PTA dmg amp does nothing to true damage (her vitals). That's a fact , but we all lost stuff in the runes update.. I play Garen and I want more AD but since I run grasp of the undying, I end with a low AD early on. Every class lost something. I agree fervor was good and could be added back somewhere maybe a bit differently but for now we got to adapt.
> [{quoted}](name=One Ashe On,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qPGErc9E,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2017-11-27T04:04:55.192+0000) > > we got to adapt Well that assertion is certainly true. People still refuse to buy mitigation stats on items and continue to complain about getting blown up when they make mistakes.
Kyunsei (EUW)
: @Riot Will Fighter/bruiser top lane get some love ? (Renekton, Fiora, Tryndamere, etc...)
: How many of us on the boards actually LIKE the high damage in the game right now?
Damage is fine. People just refuse to buy any defensive item stats because they still haven't adapted their mentality/gameplay to the removal of runes. New mastery system provides good defensive complements but healing/health need mitigation to pay dividends. You need to buy armor/mr if you want a cushion to make up for your mistakes.
: I can't agree with you that she should go full metal. Her model was the whole appeal of the concept, while her tentacles are the weak point that probably need some iteration
Illaoi's model is what we really voted on for the skin. Battlecast had the best looking Illaoi. That's what it ultimately boiled down to. The robot hand needs to go. Battlecast Vel'Koz's tentacles should be a source of inspiration. Segmented and armored tentacles. They can extend and retract mechanically as they go dormant/active. I think their hands might be tied with regards to it not being a Mythic skin, though.
: Just curious, who is actually satisfied with the selected Illaoi skin?
Illaoi herself looked better in Battlecast than the other two concept designs. However, as was suggested in another thread, they should change the robotic hand to robotic tentacles, similar to Battlecast Vel'koz. Segmented and plated metallic tentacles.
: Low elo trying to tell people how to build Darius like an idiot. Dark harvest works in ur sad shitty elo gtfo
You're making an appeal to authority fallacy.
Rioter Comments
: I feel like I'm taking more damage on my first clear now
Wolves give a full level at level 1 now. Try starting with them before hitting up Raptors.
BubbaV (NA)
: cuz then we wouldnt need to buy rune pages which means less $$$$$$$ for riot
: Who the hell takes dark harvest on darius?? Phase rush? sure but still not good enough. I guess people building ivern and nunu wrong by that logic rofl get the fuck outta here
Dark Harvest is a strong top lane bruiser/juggernaut mastery in general. It's doubly good on Darius due to his ultimate. As it becomes sustained damage when you chain ults and pick up a series of souls. It also becomes a pseudo demolish when pushing lanes, as you often get two boosted attacks from both siege units. Dark Harvest has an increased skill floor, which makes it unattractive compared to passive fire and forget masteries. The na.op.gg listing for Ivern is also using poor mastery choices as well. Not a single one is using Aerys. I shouldn't even need to explain that. You should take your own advice and "fuck outta here".
: Darius easily became one of the worst Juggernauts over night
Dark Harvest and Phase Rush are the truth for Darius. People using anything but those for their primary Mastery keystones are doing it wrong.
: Darius still at 45-46% wr with falling play rate
The mastery choices on that page are atrocious. I didn't see a single Dark Harvest or Phase Rush. Weaksauce Mastery choices, weaksauce performance. Nothing to see here.
: Bring back Force of Nature!
It may just be that Resolve needs some tweaking. Its passive bonus is currently a flat and relatively small health increase. They should probably add flat armor/mr to that, or considerably increase the health bonus. In addition they may need to change the three mid tier minor masteries. Iron Skin, Mirror Shell, and Conditioning are all underwhelming and the only real mastery options with runes passively baked into the new mastery system. Meanwhile the other two tiers have three solid choices each. It's the mid tier masteries and the passive bonus, the ones that are supposed to provide mitigation, that are bad at the moment. I'm all for bringing back Regrowth Pendant, though. Especially for Manaless champs like Vlad/Mundo/Kennen.
Cocho (NA)
: So tell me more about how you got away with 2 rune pages in the system?
He did it by having one for AP, one for AD, and one for Jungles with special needs (like attack speed). Everyone gets dynamic AP/AD or attack speed with the new mastery system now so nothing changed there. The difference is masteries now cost serioous time/money to have more than three.
: Can we have more Rune Pages??
It's just a cash grab to monetize masteries. People got around it with runes because you could have one AD, one AP, and one Jungle runepage for relatively little IP investment. If they hadn't renamed the new mastery system to rune pages (rebranding it) people would have been up in arms before the patch ever hits because telling people "we are now monetizing masteries" would not have gone over as well. Less intellligent people will associate them with the now removed runes and think nothing has changed. Smart people know it was a rebrand for money and will just live with the inconvenience of changing their Mastery setups during champion select. With the occasional human error where they forget to select a minor mastery and have to play suboptimally.
: > [{quoted}](name=NaHypochlorite,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=vm5b4eJl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-11T01:15:43.489+0000) > > I actually like it quite a bit. It really helps a midlaners survival early on in the game. FTFY {{champion:238}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:107}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:121}} {{champion:7}} {{champion:29}}
It's great for Ryze and Kennen. Early pro plays.
cFlame (NA)
: Suggestion for Dark Harvest and Tweaking it's high damage
Main issue with Dark Harvest is that it currently benefits laners more than junglers. Should be the other way around. Domination should largely be for Junglers or Top Laning Bruisers, not bottom lane ADCs. It's bass ackwards.
: Might as well bring back revive.
YFW You find yourself wishing Fortify/Revive meta came back.
Jet Sett (NA)
: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/352266982869172228/378284508052455425/unknown.png **_Extra Thicc_**
Damn, she really let herself go since her WoW days. Pulled an Amy Schumer.
: Bravo, sir. Very well said. It's another slimy marketing trick by Riot, as they keep doing such things more and more while many customers, like blind sheeps, don't realize what's going on. BUT. This time, there's an actual real advantage: I now am just as competitive as someone who spent a lot of $$$ or points on rune pages. I just have to remake the two free runepages every time I queue. But... for someone who spent years playing at a constant disadvantage because I spent zero everything on runes, this is better.
I want to say there was data brought up at one time showing the difference between rune page minmaxers and people who simply had generic AP/AD/Jungle runepages was negligible to the point of not being an issue (performance wise). Proper Mastery choices however were much more important. As a result the vast majority that didn't buy into the rune page monetization didn't suffer much from their generic setups. On the other hand people really feel the pain of not having their 10+ Mastery setups already locked and loaded before they even queue up. However, as long as they let people change the new masteries on the fly during champion select then that is exactly what people will do. Because, just like Runes, people will overwhelmingly not buy into the monetization of the new Mastery system. As long as a free option exists, no matter how inconvenient, that is the option most will take.
: Yeah, I know. Just being an idiot. Lol. It is silly that the 'runes' are really masteries. BUT. That allows them to say "lol. why are you mad at only two pages. You only had two rune pages in the past". Lol.
Of course you're still right, though. Just like how most people refused to buy into Rune pages, where they went with a generic AP page and a generic AD runepage, they will all just change their Masteries at champ select and still refuse to buy in to the monetization. It's less convenient but as long as it's still possible people will still take that route. There's no greater minmaxing than the reduction of time/money investment in a F2P game. Even if it's suboptimal from a gameplay perspective. There is only so much time/money most people are willing to invest.
: i think you should get some blue essence per game based on how well you did example get anything under an A- you get 20 blue essence A- to A+ 40 blue essence S- 45 S 50 S+60 winning a game is +20 BE the most you can get for a game is 80 BE, minimum is 20
How would you decide BE amount for Co-Op games (they don't grant mastery at all)?
Mhihnj (EUW)
: you can't reroll champs anymore.
> [{quoted}](name=Mhihnj,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IiE9T0GY,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-11-09T06:48:51.807+0000) > > you can't reroll champs anymore. Bigly.
: Runes reforged cancer
On the plus side Rek'Sai is a beast now. A new waifu has emerged.
: Runes can reforge cancer? Damn.
Through mutagenesis all things are possible.
: Cleanse should CLEANSE everything.
What if I told you it once did what you wanted and had a base cooldown of 120 seconds?
NiamhNyx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Daimao,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wXVnzFgv,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-09T09:17:20.711+0000) > > If by Rune Pages you mean Mastery Pages Rebranded as Rune Pages, then the answer is monetization. Had they not rebranded the new Masteries it would not have gone over well when they announced "we are now limiting you to two free Mastery setups". Why not just edit them? I mean its pretty damn fast to edit them, I have only made 1 of my 9 pages because of that.
> [{quoted}](name=NiamhNyx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wXVnzFgv,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-11-09T09:28:34.431+0000) > > Why not just edit them? I mean its pretty damn fast to edit them, I have only made 1 of my 9 pages because of that. Same could have been said about Masteries before. Everything else still stands, though.
: >They rebranded Masteries as Runes so they could monetize them. Naturally the point of rebranding is to be disingenuous. It's a classic business tactic. They did the rebranding so they wouldn't have to announce "we are now limiting you to two free Mastery setups". Because that would go over well. -remove options that players were compelled to pay for -increase amount of unpaid content given to player base -"This is to increase monetization, a classic business tactic" Riot's not _that_ bad at this game business thing
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue other than a painfully constructed strawman fallacy whose premise is already false in actuality. Both of your statements are the opposite of what occurred.
: Why are we limited to 2 rune pages?
If by Rune Pages you mean Mastery Pages Rebranded as Rune Pages, then the answer is monetization. Had they not rebranded the new Masteries it would not have gone over well when they announced "we are now limiting you to two free Mastery setups".
: I feel forced to buy rune pages
They rebranded Masteries as Runes so they could monetize them. Naturally the point of rebranding is to be disingenuous. It's a classic business tactic. They did the rebranding so they wouldn't have to announce "we are now limiting you to two free Mastery setups". Because that would go over well.
: I hate these new runes
MFW People fall for Riot's Mastery rebranding scheme. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} Stop calling them Runes. They are Masteries. Runes were baked into the new Masteries and they rebranded Masteries as Runes so they could monetize them with the new limits.
Jie Chen (NA)
: Your mom is a nice lady but you don't take showers with each other normally in this kind of a relationship.
> [{quoted}](name=EzSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FuUps2P6,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-07T23:16:43.516+0000) > > Your mom is a nice lady but you don't take showers with each other normally in this kind of a relationship. You are quite the savage. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Show more

Daimao

Level 53 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion