vyoda (NA)
: I don’t particularly agree that {{champion:350}} needs more ’untargetability’
> [{quoted}](name=vyoda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hu53RkV1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-16T10:37:29.507+0000) > > I don’t particularly agree that {{champion:350}} needs more ’untargetability’ That's definitely true, I think that if her skills were nerfed while on a minion though, it might make a good compromise. I don't think it should be for more untargetability so much as a way to play Yuumi outside of support as well. You're also more trapped on minions than champions because they just move forward and to their target, so bursting or ccing it down would be really easy because it wouldn't make any attempt to dodge.
Rioter Comments
: Please make TFT a permanent mode like ARAM
TFT was always going to be a permanent addition to league. There was never a question.
Rioter Comments
: Dont let TFT be the next CLASH
The PBE is also a very small server, and they aren't very exclusive about who they let make an account. It also covers a wider area, note that there isn't a NA or EU server, but an english server. So it's harder than it seems to estimate how much it's actually going to be overwhelmed.
: PBE login queue due to TFT
Usually ends up being closer to 12 with updates, people losing internet connection, etc.
: Little Legends Skins - Why They Should Not Be RNG Only.
The loot boxes do seem to at least be limited to 3 or 4 types. So It's not a pool of everything. But yeah, they need to have some sort of individual selection, or at least make them purchasable with BE or rolled with champ capsules or chests.
: > [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-23T19:13:37.131+0000) > > found it. > > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/06/ask-riot-autofilled/ > > specifically this quote here "Autofill was introduced as a last resort way of ensuring people didn’t sit in queues for ridiculously long stretches." > > now granted this is from awhile back, but the logic of the post still stands > > without autofill queue times would jump, not encourage people to play those roles. why force yourself to play a role you suck at for a shorter queue time and hope that maybe someone will want to switch? when you can just slog through a longer queue to get the role you want > > the system isn't perfect, but it seems to be the lesser of two evils I briefly skimmed over it and I understand the logic behind it. I do. But I feel like in practice it isn't what they wanted it to be. When you level up you get a chest. Why not have it so when you play four support games you get one of those as well? Since in the article they said it was 70% auto fill support. Encourage that role with actual tangible rewards and those who are trying to get all the champions would be likely to spam support for shards.
> [{quoted}](name=MalumInSeGaming,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=MehEyk7N,comment-id=000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-23T19:23:30.610+0000) > > I briefly skimmed over it and I understand the logic behind it. I do. But I feel like in practice it isn't what they wanted it to be. When you level up you get a chest. Why not have it so when you play four support games you get one of those as well? Since in the article they said it was 70% auto fill support. Encourage that role with actual tangible rewards and those who are trying to get all the champions would be likely to spam support for shards. They do incentivize autofilling though, although it's just with the prospect of not having to autofill again. If you play a role you didn't queue up for, you're guaranteed one of your positions next game.
: PBE wait queues
What he said. Besides, around where it says you have 4 hours to wait, it tends to start skipping ahead faster than that. You usually only have an hour by that point. And it should be out on the 26th as soon as the patch hits
: Do You Enjoy Autofill?
In addition to lower queue times, autofill encourages players to learn new roles and champs as well as encouraging them to form their own teams. If you queue up as a team you don't have to worry about autofill, and being able to play any position helps you to become a better player in every position.
: > [{quoted}](name=AngelNipata,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bGKzbE3p,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-06-23T13:54:23.633+0000) > > I'd argue that the blue essence system isn't really toxic. Mostly because most players don't really need the whole champion roster. To an extent, the whole system of not having everything unlocked from the start is kind of intended. > > The way the system is currently set up, you get a few champions to begin with and you use them to learn the game and practice basic things like skill shots and resource management and then you start moving up into other champions with more complicated mechanics. > > Along with this sort of learning curve, the system also encourages mastery of just a personal roster of champions. I'd almost argue that most players have 1-3 champions per role they play and just play to get good at them because those are the champions they enjoy. > > The system also isn't very predatory. The combination of the free champion rotation and champion capsules actually open up a the ability to play most of the champions in the game. The champion capsules have a fairly moderate variance to them in which if you get cheap champion shards, the you're usually going to get quite a few and sometimes a bit of extra blue essence on top. Also the champion shard themselves give a discount on the champions allowing you to get them for about half the full blue essence cost. > > All in all the system isn't bad and is made so that growth is progressive as long as you play just a bit each day. Sure you won't get the entire champion roster in a year, but there really isn't much urgency to do so. That is if you are someone who doesn't want to have the whole roster. What I'm arguing is that league doesn't give you full access to the core of a free2pay game. It is highly predatory and petty imo. I'm willing to bet most of riot's revenue comes from skins and other cosmetics nowadays, but this practice is there to simply milk new players off their money. Generally dota 2 counters the whole notion that any roster exclusive system is there to "ease" you into the game. In dota no one complains for having a full 115 something champ roster from the get go. Players can try their hand at ANYTHING they feel like without paywalls or time restrictions (free rotation) and it is only an advantage when you can sample the full roster of a game in like a month so that you can begin understanding drafting and deciding on your main champ pool. And dota still makes tons of money.
> [{quoted}](name=NelsieLisnen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bGKzbE3p,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-23T14:12:26.664+0000) > > That is if you are someone who doesn't want to have the whole roster. What I'm arguing is that league doesn't give you full access to the core of a free2pay game. It is highly predatory and petty imo. I'm willing to bet most of riot's revenue comes from skins and other cosmetics nowadays, but this practice is there to simply milk new players off their money. Generally dota 2 counters the whole notion that any roster exclusive system is there to "ease" you into the game. In dota no one complains for having a full 115 something champ roster from the get go. Players can try their hand at ANYTHING they feel like without paywalls or time restrictions (free rotation) and it is only an advantage when you can sample the full roster of a game in like a month so that you can begin understanding drafting and deciding on your main champ pool. And dota still makes tons of money. Well, to be fair, most of their revenue comes from the Esports aspect of it. Companies like Statefarm sponsor the tournaments they hold, and they make a lot of money from that.
UwM8 (NA)
: Could TFT be brought to live early
What's hitting live is already going to be a beta. There's next to no chance it'll come early, especially with the PBE being updated 2-3 times a day as it is due to how glitchy TFT is right now.
: How long until anybody can play this?
26th it should be released on all servers
Rioter Comments
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Relax I am noob,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=pe52a3vM,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-21T12:11:52.808+0000) > > Copy past this into File explorer: C:\Riot Games\PBE\Logs > The file "Logs" contain multiple files that you can delete because you don't need them. As I understand it the client keeps a record of your logs and put it there. If you keep the client on for a long time these records become very. > > You can just delete them, since the client just creates new one for you automatically if you delete them. Problem is, to do that you have to close the client, and wait a day to get back in.
: Yuumi One for All
Please bring back rotating game modes in general
Rioter Comments
: pbe
I got 15 hours 10 hours ago, now it's at 10 hours. I'm just hoping for an update to kick everyone off so I can get in.
SLOGIC71 (EUW)
: End of PBE?
Well, the PBE Server includes Euw and NA, and is a smaller server than either of them. It's not built for large traffic, its built to test out bugs. Basically, once it hits the actual servers, they'll be better equipped for the traffic, and if you're queued up there, you'll have PBE as an option. it'll slow down once it's not so new anyways.
: Where is TFT?
They said they aim to have it released by afternoon today. I made the same mistake and have been up all night waiting.
CLG ear (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uTUK8WEt,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-18T06:21:35.096+0000) > > Havn't watched, but wouldn't it, like, kill her? Captain Marvel is literally God. She'd be ok.
> [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=uTUK8WEt,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-06-18T06:23:26.529+0000) > > Captain Marvel is literally God. She'd be ok. You realize her powers literally come from one of the stone right? So, there's a good chance it could kill her.
CLG ear (NA)
: Why didn't Captain Marvel just put on the Infinity Gauntlet and use it?
Would probably kill her, but most likely, they wanted to refrain from using it again if possible, they just got everyone back and they don't want to mess things up.
: If they don't matter, why do you choose to use them and type them? You also don't get to choose what words mean to people. You haven't been through what they have. There are a reason those words and phrases are punishable. You agreed to the rules. If you don't like them, no one is forcing you to keep playing. If you want to keep playing and break the rules, take responsibility for your actions.
Exactly, I for one, have PTSD, and one of the hardest parts of playing games like league is dealing with stuff like this. It creates a stressful environment that can trigger people's trauma. No one should have to skirt panic attacks to play a game because a teammate won't stop spewing filth out of their mouths. Even ignoring trauma and how words can trigger it, it creates an aggressive and stressful environment. Few people want to play a game and end up more stressed out because of it. Most people play games for fun, or as a method of stress relief. So behavior like that ruins the experience for everyone else involved. Evidently for you as well, as it seems you've been banned for it.
: i like the idea but the passive seems a bit much... maybe have it so it increases with lvl's 6 11 and 16 like tahms new passive (which im pissed about) or maybe give him a huge debuff for ad/ap when he is immortal for that max level IMMORTALITY, bc 18 seconds of time to wail or someone is to much,, interesting idea tho
That would probably work out a lot better. I was thinking it would have a huge cooldown though. The thing is, with negative Armor and Magic Resist, he could fairly easily be one shot without even activating his passive. Even if it's just, say, -10 for armor and magic resist per upgrade, that works out to -180 for each. Needless to say, in any case, 18 seconds is probably too much. maybe 3, 4, 5, 6 at levels 1, 6, 11, 16? Thank you for your feedback!
Rioter Comments
: Honestly, i wish there was a FFA mode because my team would get a kick out of who got the most fed. lmao
Yeah, that would be cool, you could maybe even que up as a party? 5 v 45? That could make things interesting as well
Rioter Comments
Flagged (NA)
: We should have a game mode that brings back all the bugs and glitches in league {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Q. What is in the champ mastery formula A. Uhh... just play normal That seriously doesn't help the people asking this question. I don't think it has occurred to Riot that the reason why this is such a popular question is that the grade you receive at the end of the match almost never matches expectations and seems arbitrary. Which is why people want to know what categories to perform well in because playing normally doesn't equate to you getting an S. Now Riot can keep saying they won't tell anyone because then people will try to play for stats (as if playing for good stats isn't a good thing), but the alternative is people play for stats based on popular theories on what helps. So Riot believes it would be problematic for someone to pick a champ and know what averages they need to beat in order to get an S, and then work toward that goal in game, because maybe someone decides to afk farm for a bit to hit a cs quota. The problem is Riot gives people incentives to care about the ratings and so people will go into games with the end goal of getting an S rather than winning anyway. Only instead of knowing what averages they need to beat, they do the same thing Riot thinks people will only do if they knew the exact formula, which is play for stats that are popularly believed to increase rating. An example of this is a recent gbay video where he is trying to get mastery level 7 on irelia. After failing to get an S by playing normally, he looks around for popular theories on what gets you an S and decides to afk farm away from his team as much as possible, and ks at every given opportunity because to the best of his knowledge kills contribute to your rating far better than assists. So instead of giving people the rubric on what they are being graded on (like any actually legitimate test giver who wants to be taken seriously), people resort to playing for stats regardless if their goal is centered on mastery rank. Only instead of trying to beat an average of 8 kills or something specific for their champion, they will just attempt to ks all game long, or extend the game to farm kills/cs. Good way to encourage unhealthy gameplay. EDIT: Glad to see the post generating a discussion (120+ comments so far) but keep in mind a couple things 1. Different roles do in fact have different rating criteria (saw a bunch of comments wondering if this was the case) 2. The issue I mostly discuss in this comment is how despite Riot not divulging the formula, players nonetheless play for stats but to a greater extent than they would if Riot was more transparent. 3. Where I think the system is lacking most and possible change ideas? http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/jUxEs8pi-differences-between-the-champion-mastery-rating-system-and-a-common-academic-grading-system
On a fairly recent game I played Ashe, got 47/0/0, won, and got an S rank, wondering, of course, how that wasn't an S+
Quepha (NA)
: Snowdown Showdown was an old 1v1 and 2v2 featured game mode where players would race either to 100 cs, two kills, or destroying a tower. It was my favorite featured game mode and I consider it the best way to learn how to lane. Unfortunately, I don't think it performed very well over the length of time it was available. Hopefully Riot would consider making some adjustments to it and bringing it back.
Ah, okay. I was out of the country and away from League for a while, that's probably why I hadn't heard of that.
Rioter Comments

Darkfire1408

Level 79 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion