Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kai Guy (NA)
: Confused by matchmaker? Join me to learn more about ELO and MMR systems.
Wow....really long, but high quality post. Wish there was more of this on the Boards than the usual "riot sucks f-ags nerf lucain shit piss fre shavacado." My big issue with whatever system Riot is using; it's not fun. It's the same grindy BS as WoW, or any other MOG. Rank measures how long you're willing to beat your head against the Great Teammate Lottery, rather than actual skill. While I'm admittedly in the minority here, I'd rather wait 10 minutes for a game with teammates and opponents of my skill level, than have to deal with the kind of stoned idiots who are watching anime while they try to first-time Yasuo in ranked. If that's their thing, awesome, match them with other retards and make memes. But I'm not here for pretty colors and explosions. I'd like to win occasionally.
: What is this riot match making????
Totally agree. If "its just norms" means it's cool to suck so hard that you lose more than half of your matches...find a lava lamp to stare at. Casual is fine. Losing 10 games in a row because of retards like this? Ruins the game.
: Just some questions about league :) hopefully this post doesn't get deleted ;)
Yeah, I was pissed about Aatrox, too. Was just getting good with him. As for the rest, you summarized the biggest thing wrong with the game in your first two sentences: teammates. Most of them aren't worth the carbon they're written on.
Raoul (EUW)
: So, guess RIOT will screw the Western community even more to keep pleasing China now...
: You Can Always Carry Harder
Good job. You were the smart guy in the room there. This kind of sneak win depends on the enemy team being at least as stupid as your team. Not a fun formula for a game, even if it's winnable. Matchmaking is, by far, the worst part of League.
Rioter Comments
: ewww...someone's a furry
Only thing worse than furries are the whelps so desperate to find someone more pathetic than they are.
Rioter Comments
Zeus xD (EUNE)
: Cosmic Taric
Wow...nice re-skin. That looks great.
: Are you serious with these Nasus buffs?
Think you may have missed the part where they said those changes are just for Nexus Blitz.
: Add permanent 1v1 game mode
I'd love to see it. The four ball-and-chains I'm usually stuck with are a piece of content I could do without.
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0004000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T13:33:50.210+0000) > > Oh, gosh, then I guess I wasn't "whining" either, I was just making fun of the behavioral system, and then you afterward... > > Irony is second only to sarcasm in the number of people who fumble it. Dude, you're priceless. You take unintentionally funny to a whole new level :D
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00040001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T18:37:40.734+0000) > > Dude, you're priceless. You take unintentionally funny to a whole new level :D *whoosh*
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0027000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T13:39:25.152+0000) > > "Do not try and coordinate your team. That's impossible. Instead, only realize the truth...There is no team." Upvoted hard for epic quote adaptation. :D
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00270000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T06:43:25.622+0000) > > Upvoted hard for epic quote adaptation. :D Lol. Thank you sir. I appreciate all tasteful references, including yours.
: what the fuck got mass deleted?
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=002a,timestamp=2018-12-02T13:53:37.495+0000) > > what the fuck got mass deleted? The usual pair of grown men who degenerated into calling each other poopy-heads over a disagreement in a gaming forum...you know, valuable human lives.
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001a0000,timestamp=2018-12-01T07:05:52.164+0000) > > I greatly appreciate that you didn't suggest some obvious bit of idiocy, like "use tha muute booton!" or "play drunk with ur frends." > HotS did actually occur to me, and I played long enough to realize it wasn't League. It feels clunky to me, the animations and movement are abysmal (Looking at you, Lunara), the skills don't feel fluid to me like League's do, and HotS matches seem to me like they are basically decided by what champions are on what side in what combination. When I get tired of League, I play Overwatch, because I can mute all of the coms, and leave when I have a retarded team. > > Thank you for your suggestions, though. If I didn't know about HotS already, I would have tried it, just because you're well-spoken and intelligent. I hate it when people condescend by saying some obvious shit like using the mute button or dragging chat outside the game window (though I have done that before lol) and playing drunk with you friends is the same as playing a sport drunk with your friends, it's only fun for you guys not because it's actually fun, but because the intoxicated you and your friends are unable to comprehend anything. Both of which leaves your opponents either stunned or blessed with a quick but often still meaningless win. For me, HotS' clunkiness gets greatly outweighed by the comfort and casual fun it provides me, but ultimately I know that's subjective and up to preference. Besides, as a suuuper filthy casual I literally only play VS AI. I don't think I have any other game to turn towards. I've experienced from my knowledge the very best of the best and I've played them until they've gone to shit (LoL) or I have nothing more to play from them (Warframe). Now no other game in existence even comes close to the satisfaction and fun I've had with these games in the past. Nothing seems to be as smooth and fluid as Warframe in terms of shooters and nothing seems to be as intense and fun as LoL, at least before Season 5.
> [{quoted}](name=Jinto,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001a00000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T19:30:37.375+0000) > > I hate it when people condescend by saying some obvious shit like using the mute button or dragging chat outside the game window (though I have done that before lol) and playing drunk with you friends is the same as playing a sport drunk with your friends, it's only fun for you guys not because it's actually fun, but because the intoxicated you and your friends are unable to comprehend anything. Both of which leaves your opponents either stunned or blessed with a quick but often still meaningless win. > > For me, HotS' clunkiness gets greatly outweighed by the comfort and casual fun it provides me, but ultimately I know that's subjective and up to preference. Besides, as a suuuper filthy casual I literally only play VS AI. I don't think I have any other game to turn towards. I've experienced from my knowledge the very best of the best and I've played them until they've gone to shit (LoL) or I have nothing more to play from them (Warframe). Now no other game in existence even comes close to the satisfaction and fun I've had with these games in the past. Nothing seems to be as smooth and fluid as Warframe in terms of shooters and nothing seems to be as intense and fun as LoL, at least before Season 5. I used to think it was condescension...then I realized it was genuinely just stupidity. These people _actually_ think they're suggesting something that no one else has thought of. Lol...I love your line about how it's only fun to drunks because they "are unable to comprehend anything." That's exactly it. "Pitty colohs and explozuns, dam, I got a kill somehow, I can play drunk, I'ma gahd." Ah, well, there you have it. The key to enjoying any team-based game is to play exclusively versus bots. You know what, it doesn't give me what I want, but it's a new solution, and innovation is worth its weight in gold. I commend you for an original thought. What I actually ought to do is spend more time on activities that other people can't fuck up with their complete lack of comprehension. For me, the biggest attraction to video games is the way they keep me from having the time to think about my own problems...problems which I don't see a solution for. I feel like I'm running around in a world full of NPCs, with occasional real people mixed in, and it's driving me slightly less sane than one can safely be.
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00270000,timestamp=2018-12-01T08:17:50.707+0000) > > Glad to know there are still some Red Pills walking around the universe. :) "What if I told you... that you can play League of Legends _without_ hating your teammates?"
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=002700000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T14:51:13.052+0000) > > "What if I told you... that you can play League of Legends _without_ hating your teammates?" "Do not try and coordinate your team. That's impossible. Instead, only realize the truth...There is no team."
zoliking (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-12-01T01:13:24.808+0000) > > And yet....here you are, whining about someone else whining...If I were you, I'd save engineering for after you more thoroughly understand the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Dude, if you failed to notice, I wasn't "whining", I was making fun of it. In a manner that makes it super obvious to anybody with any common sense reading it. If the irony in your message above was measured in actual iron, you would have crushed the Earth :D
> [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-12-01T18:46:18.748+0000) > > Dude, if you failed to notice, I wasn't "whining", I was making fun of it. In a manner that makes it super obvious to anybody with any common sense reading it. If the irony in your message above was measured in actual iron, you would have crushed the Earth :D Oh, gosh, then I guess I wasn't "whining" either, I was just making fun of the behavioral system, and then you afterward... Irony is second only to sarcasm in the number of people who fumble it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2018-12-01T06:45:35.891+0000) > > You're covered under heading number 1: missed the point completely, ad hominem babble, etc. > > The best thought you can offer is that I must be toxic because you have a friend who plays Draven, who is mad at some other aspect of the game... You're adding nothing to this discussion, because you don't even know what is being discussed. This has almost nothing to do with addiction, toxicity, or playing with friends. But, to be fair, it wasn't written for you. Section 1 was written for you. yikes gj necroing a thread. If you do stuff like this leave the community alreadyyy.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001900000000,timestamp=2018-12-02T01:51:34.671+0000) > > yikes gj necroing a thread. If you do stuff like this leave the community alreadyyy. Since your parents didn't teach you how to read, or critically think, someone has to make sure you're aware of your glaring deficits. It's why God created your betters.
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T01:26:07.897+0000) > > I don't think you understand what I mean by addiction. I'm not talking about physical addiction, having skin-crawling withdrawals when I don't play. I'm talking about a mental addiction, like gambling. I don't physically withdraw, but I find it hard to focus on anything else if I haven't played in a long time. What you describe to me honestly sounds a lot more like compulsive behavior. You're not playing league because it feels good; you feel compelled to play league because it makes you feel normal. You know that it isn't particularly productive, but you do it anyways. It's just as destructive (and in some ways, can be more destructive), but the difference is that there is nothing special about your compulsion; no pathways that at creates that make you happy. Odds are you've got other issues - anxiety, depression, add, etc. Acknowledge that you've got a problem with compulsive behavior and try giving it a place. If you do that and address any other mental issues you have, your problem will go away. I should add that I dropped out of college twice because I was playing video games instead of going to class. Compulsive video gaming is absolutely an issue, but it really doesn't have to do with the content of the games. Anything entertaining can become a compulsion given poor coping skills and the "right" personality type.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-01T04:00:10.842+0000) > > What you describe to me honestly sounds a lot more like compulsive behavior. You're not playing league because it feels good; you feel compelled to play league because it makes you feel normal. You know that it isn't particularly productive, but you do it anyways. It's just as destructive (and in some ways, can be more destructive), but the difference is that there is nothing special about your compulsion; no pathways that at creates that make you happy. Odds are you've got other issues - anxiety, depression, add, etc. Acknowledge that you've got a problem with compulsive behavior and try giving it a place. If you do that and address any other mental issues you have, your problem will go away. > > I should add that I dropped out of college twice because I was playing video games instead of going to class. Compulsive video gaming is absolutely an issue, but it really doesn't have to do with the content of the games. Anything entertaining can become a compulsion given poor coping skills and the "right" personality type. Lol. The traits you're describing could be straight from a text-book on addiction, particularly the part about not getting good feelings from it, just doing it to feel normal. That being said, I'd agree that it's more of a compulsion than an addiction. It does make me feel good, but it's Intermittent Reinforcement, like gambling, so it only makes me feel good part of the time. Oh, and believe me, I KNOW it's a problem. The issue is, I haven't figured out how to deal with the root problems yet...I'm not even sure they can be dealt with. I play video games, League included, because I don't want too much time to think. When I think, I reason, and reasoning leads me to conclusions I don't like at all, involving problems I can't solve. Paths I've been over so many times, I've given speeches on them. But they're circular, and I haven't figured out how to get out of that circle yet. It's less the content of the games, and more with how they deliver it. League, like a lot of online games, takes a page from casino playbooks, and uses Intermittent Reinforcement, as I mentioned above. In random intervals, you get matched with teams and opponents that are actually challenging and skilled, leading to that achievement high, even if you don't win. You play the next however-many matches because you want that feeling again...crank, crank, crank. THAT is the addictive part, and it's insidious.
TisBis (NA)
: Just do /mute all if the chat is so unbearable for you?
> [{quoted}](name=TisBis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2018-11-29T03:55:49.807+0000) > > Just do /mute all if the chat is so unbearable for you? Section 1 applies here. You missed the point. It's not about the chat...it's about the inconsistent enforcement of rules surrounding it.
: Can't give it enough upvotes. (Literally, I can only give one.)
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2018-11-29T02:26:00.703+0000) > > Can't give it enough upvotes. (Literally, I can only give one.) Glad to know there are still some Red Pills walking around the universe. :)
: I still hate MY friends that recommended league to me, why would it do it someone else? So totally with ya on that one. As for breaking the addiction, I wish you the best of luck man, wish I had some tips for ya, but honestly mine kinda broke itself. I was addicted to getting the free boxes for S grades, and with season 8 having such short snowbally games and punishing play, I could no longer manage it so it kinda broke the spell for me. Not sure if that helps you.
> [{quoted}](name=Cavesloth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2018-11-28T20:57:57.805+0000) > > I still hate MY friends that recommended league to me, why would it do it someone else? > > So totally with ya on that one. As for breaking the addiction, I wish you the best of luck man, wish I had some tips for ya, but honestly mine kinda broke itself. I was addicted to getting the free boxes for S grades, and with season 8 having such short snowbally games and punishing play, I could no longer manage it so it kinda broke the spell for me. Not sure if that helps you. I appreciate the thoughts, bud. I'll end it when I'm no longer enjoying it at all. Right now, taking breaks seems to work nicely, and...Teemo support when it doesn't. ^_^
: > [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T14:03:23.967+0000) > > You just gotta ask nicely. :) > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/nEHxEsZU-request-to-unlock-a-thread I looked at it around the time of locking and there were like two comments that were problematic Is it too much to just remove the posts and warn the users rather than end a discussion that tons of people were actively using? I know the lock button is less actions for the moderators but its punishing basically everyone else, I don't think its an ideal first response.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001e00000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T19:18:25.825+0000) > > I looked at it around the time of locking and there were like two comments that were problematic > > Is it too much to just remove the posts and warn the users rather than end a discussion that tons of people were actively using? I know the lock button is less actions for the moderators but its punishing basically everyone else, I don't think its an ideal first response. Totally agree. It would make a lot more sense to temporarily block the offending parties from posting in that thread, delete the crap, give warnings and then resume. It's probably easier to just lock the thread, but that's a really lazy approach.
Cynicatt (NA)
: I agree with you League players are horrible, but I think your reasons are part of why this community is so damn toxic. This "I'm going to report you and then you'll be sorry" crap leaked into other online communities as a meme. I remember when Lyte started doing his shit to the community and world chat in WoW was mocking it for an entire expansion. League's reporting system has actually made it so that the player base is more sensitive than any community on any online game. Not only do people feel justified when they get offended over small insults like "idiot" or "noob", but they feel like they have the direct power to get someone permanently removed from the game for chat... _and on top of that they actually ENJOY trying to get people banned_. That alone makes the community worse than any other part of it, and wanting to see that pop-up saying you successfully got someone punished for saying "ggez" as your nexus exploded is sort of part of that toxic lust for vengeance they've trained into the players. And it seems players are far more likely to be banned for words than they are for actually trying to ruin and lose matches. I absolutely think that people should be banned or at least permanently muted for hate speech and threats, but the community is so sensitive now that they take every class of insult at the same level of severity. But yea... I would really never recommend this game to a friend. I've actually told several people not to start because I know how new players are treated here.
> [{quoted}](name=Cynicatt,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0025,timestamp=2018-11-28T17:56:31.031+0000) > > I agree with you League players are horrible, but I think your reasons are part of why this community is so damn toxic. This "I'm going to report you and then you'll be sorry" crap leaked into other online communities as a meme. I remember when Lyte started doing his shit to the community and world chat in WoW was mocking it for an entire expansion. > League's reporting system has actually made it so that the player base is more sensitive than any community on any online game. Not only do people feel justified when they get offended over small insults like "idiot" or "noob", but they feel like they have the direct power to get someone permanently removed from the game for chat... _and on top of that they actually ENJOY trying to get people banned_. > That alone makes the community worse than any other part of it, and wanting to see that pop-up saying you successfully got someone punished for saying "ggez" as your nexus exploded is sort of part of that toxic lust for vengeance they've trained into the players. > > And it seems players are far more likely to be banned for words than they are for actually trying to ruin and lose matches. > > I absolutely think that people should be banned or at least permanently muted for hate speech and threats, but the community is so sensitive now that they take every class of insult at the same level of severity. > > But yea... I would really never recommend this game to a friend. I've actually told several people not to start because I know how new players are treated here. I agree, the report system for chat stuff is retarded. If I had my way, chat of any kind would not be punishable...there's a mute button. Grow a thicker skin, or use the button as needed. Anything that actually screws with the game itself should start at a 24 hour ban, though. And anyone who reported them should know about it. Knowing that the people you screwed with are laughing at you is a powerful deterrent. My point isn't that the report system is good, and we need more bans. My point is that, if you're going to have a system like this, it needs to be consistent, specific, and, above all, transparent. If I report someone, I want to know why my report did or didn't apply, and whether anything did or didn't happen as a result. The system, as it is now, is the equivalent of invisible cops and invisible prisons, with your only point of contact being a nice old lady that tells you she can't inform you one way or another if the guy who ran you over got punished, but thanks for reporting it anyway!
: Heh, look at me. I tried quitting for a YEAR and somehow got back into it, because of a certain character I like. So, I think I agree with this poster. It's kinda like being in Hotel California but Hotel League of Legends. {{champion:163}}
> [{quoted}](name=PurpleKingCrazy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0024,timestamp=2018-11-28T17:02:02.929+0000) > > Heh, look at me. I tried quitting for a YEAR and somehow got back into it, because of a certain character I like. So, I think I agree with this poster. It's kinda like being in Hotel California but Hotel League of Legends. > > {{champion:163}} Lol...I love it that you somehow linked The Eagles and League...how unholy, but fitting.
Myrmiron (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=ı Sona ı,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2018-11-28T02:59:31.718+0000) > > Wait. Did a locked thread get UNLOCKED? Wooooah, twilight zone. You just gotta ask nicely. :) https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/nEHxEsZU-request-to-unlock-a-thread
> [{quoted}](name=Myrmiron,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T14:03:23.967+0000) > > You just gotta ask nicely. :) > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/nEHxEsZU-request-to-unlock-a-thread That was you?! You, sir, are a gentleman, and a schooner. I've never seen a thread unlocked, and certainly didn't know you could ask to have it done. Thank you. My faith in the populace remains low as ever, but I am now aware that some erudite creature named Myrmiron does not deserve to be counted amongst their unwashed ranks.
Modi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=KittySuppSquad,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=nEHxEsZU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-28T02:08:19.673+0000) > > Hello Myrmiron after disscussion I will be unlocking your thread again seeing as the bad comments have been taken care of. However if things get derailed again I will have to unfortunately lock it again. > > ~KittySuppSquad {{sticker:sona-playing}} {{sticker:sg-soraka}} This. This right here, is why I feel the moderation team here does an excellent job under difficult circumstances. In addition to doing the dirty work (cleaning up the ad hominem, removing all the shitposts, etc), you reopen threads when they may have been closed prematurely, closed for the wrong reasons, or just closed temporarily for a "cleanse". #Go mods! --- Side note, "hominem" is marked in Chrome as misspelled, and it's only correction is "Eminem"...makes me sad.
LOL...."eminem".....I weep....
Sizzl0r (NA)
: For a second there I thought you said you'd rather your friends got smoked
> [{quoted}](name=Sizzl0r,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0023,timestamp=2018-11-28T16:42:02.670+0000) > > For a second there I thought you said you'd rather your friends got smoked I mean, with as much dope as some of them ingest, you probably could smoke them.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-27T12:30:28.784+0000) > > Why should it matter? The catharsis factor from knowing they get punished would go a LOOOOOOOOOONG way towards helping some people deal with the anger generated by someone who is toxic all game, even tho you did nothing to him in return.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaFishbone,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2018-11-28T09:35:07.709+0000) > > The catharsis factor from knowing they get punished would go a LOOOOOOOOOONG way towards helping some people deal with the anger generated by someone who is toxic all game, even tho you did nothing to him in return. Exactly this. ^ If our law code looked like League's, the cops would be invisible, the prisons would be invisible, and the nice lady at the Support desk would politely inform you that she can't tell you whether or not anything happened to the guy who ran you over, but thanks for reporting it anyway!
Bultz (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThanksButNoTanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-11-27T16:37:01.302+0000) > > um.. i'm willing to bet you get swarmed when you post about whether something is broken, unfair, or unbalanced. Simply because you're in silver 4. I'm also in silver, and I don't pretend to know what's broken, unfair or unbalanced. Because well, I don't. And i'm willing to bet you don't either. Just because a champion beats you a lot. Doesn't mean its broken, perhaps you don't know enough about the champion to play against them. > > And why would someone sit in a forum, for a game they don't play. That simply does not make sense, considering Reddit exits, as well as 4chan, and a million other forums far more relevant to them. i'll bet you just assume that, like you assume "something" is broken, unfair or unbalanced, because they disagree with you. Instead of actually looking up their op.gg to see if they really play the game, and whether or not they are ranked higher than you. Which is a good indication of game knowledge in comparison to yours. Lol I do know what I am talking about, very well in fact. As for my Rank I get bottlenecked in promos. I can't win six games in a row then have 3 people feed within 4 minutes of the games star in my promos and rank up. It happens to a lot of players who would do well, but get bottlenecked. Anyways I actually look at game mechanics and the numbers behind them.
> [{quoted}](name=Bultz,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-11-28T05:55:47.352+0000) > > Lol I do know what I am talking about, very well in fact. As for my Rank I get bottlenecked in promos. I can't win six games in a row then have 3 people feed within 4 minutes of the games star in my promos and rank up. It happens to a lot of players who would do well, but get bottlenecked. Anyways I actually look at game mechanics and the numbers behind them. Rank is a measure of stubbornness, and not much else. If you're willing to play thousands of games in a year, anyone can rank up. But some of us have better things to do with our lives, and resent having to play a teammate lottery in order to get to play with people of our skill-level.
: > [{quoted}](name=Despìca Bìll,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-27T10:58:03.116+0000) > > 3. Riot can't seem to decide whether it wants to be the strict dad or the cool uncle. Calling someone an idiot in chat? GO TO YOUR ROOM. Spouting off "ez, trash" after barely winning against a 4 man team? Ha ha, that's just competitive banter. You can be strict, and have a well-behaved community of anodyne SJWs, or you can be lax and have an unruly crew of colorful assholes, but you can't have both. When you try, both groups get pissed off, because there's too much ambiguity to the rules, and now no one really knows if they're in the right room. > > ___ Actually opened up a new support ticket just to ask them what the hell constitutes as "toxic" behavior. In another ticket Riot Skeletor said _**ANY**_ negative behavior is punishable. Negative behavior leaves room for a very, very broad interpretation and evidently asking someone to stop feeding (even if you tell them to play passive on top of it) according to Skeletor constitutes as negative behavior. That made my head spin, back with the Tribunal, granted it was slow as molasses, there was empathy. The community understood that things get heated and sometimes to get your team back on track you need to tell whoever to stop doing whatever the hell they are doing causing your team to be at a disadvantage.
> [{quoted}](name=MrStealYoGanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-11-28T03:01:15.002+0000) > > Actually opened up a new support ticket just to ask them what the hell constitutes as "toxic" behavior. > > In another ticket Riot Skeletor said _**ANY**_ negative behavior is punishable. Negative behavior leaves room for a very, very broad interpretation and evidently asking someone to stop feeding (even if you tell them to play passive on top of it) according to Skeletor constitutes as negative behavior. That made my head spin, back with the Tribunal, granted it was slow as molasses, there was empathy. The community understood that things get heated and sometimes to get your team back on track you need to tell whoever to stop doing whatever the hell they are doing causing your team to be at a disadvantage. Totally agree. Waaaaay too broad, vague, and opaque. The Tribunal had its problems, but I wish they had stuck with it and improved it instead of resorting to automation like every other game. The Tribunal was one of the things that impressed me most about League when I first started playing. The idea of allowing a community to police itself to that degree was unprecedented. The players truly got to decide what was acceptable on a case-by-case basis.
: Wait. Did a locked thread get UNLOCKED? Wooooah, twilight zone.
> [{quoted}](name=ı Sona ı,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2018-11-28T02:59:31.718+0000) > > Wait. Did a locked thread get UNLOCKED? Wooooah, twilight zone. The People have spoken, viva la Resistance...also, looks like @KittySuppSquad does this after deleting the retarded derailments. Much better than the mods who just lock threads because they're too lazy to sort it out.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Raymønd Åmantius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-11-27T18:52:57.404+0000) > > I notice you left out point 1. Can't refute that, hmm? > Yeah, because it perfectly describes you. What he said is correct. League has one of the worst communities. I'm not going to deny something I agree with. Please, enlighten me. How am I part of the problem? You're provocating to get a negative reaction, but you won't get that from me :) ######PS: provoking is against boards rules.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-11-27T22:16:26.835+0000) > > What he said is correct. League has one of the worst communities. I'm not going to deny something I agree with. > Please, enlighten me. How am I part of the problem? You're provocating to get a negative reaction, but you won't get that from me :) > > ######PS: provoking is against boards rules. He's referring to when I said this: > frequently missing the point of the argument entirely In reply to you saying this: > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/GQ5IIimP-i-play-because-im-an-addict-would-i-recommend-league-to-a-friend?show=flat&comment=0001 You missed the point. I very clearly stated why it mattered, you got hung-up on the example I gave of negative chat instead of understanding it was just an example, and then went off on a long self-congratulatory piece on how you're not addicted to anything. This post isn't about addiction; I mention it only briefly in the title and at the end. This post is about why I don't recommend League to my friends, and very little of what you said had anything to do with those points, beyond just dropping "False" with nothing to back it up but your opinion. If an FAQ page on player behavior is enough to convince you that an invisible system works, it's no wonder the government gets away with all the things they do.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThanksButNoTanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2018-11-27T16:14:50.122+0000) > > So league is addictive, yet two people rage quitting one game because of a failed gank causing you to be demoted. Broke your "addiction" How logical does that really sound to you? I quit smoking cause I forgot to buy them one Saturday. (After seven years of smoking btw)
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-27T21:56:27.992+0000) > > I quit smoking cause I forgot to buy them one Saturday. (After seven years of smoking btw) This ^ At least half of addiction is mental. If something happens to sour the milk you're chugging, you're less likely to keep drinking it. The more sour it gets, the more its costs outweigh its benefits. A lot of substance addicts, myself included, experience some moment where they realize it's not worth it anymore, and some stop right then and there. Addictions to video games, gambling, etc...not much different.
: Point 3 sums it up pretty good. > unruly crew of colorful assholes I wouldn't say that it's impossible to keep both groups happy or at least satisfied. Player behavior was fine before. As long as you didn't pretend league was club penguin and punished the racists and hateful. But then riot Lyte came along and said fuck that we are going to make this into club penguin. Then the game entered a shit storm because turns out, the number of people who would fall under the range of _colorful asshole_ was much larger than a small minority.
> [{quoted}](name=Oakleaf Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2018-11-27T21:44:12.641+0000) > > Point 3 sums it up pretty good. > > I wouldn't say that it's impossible to keep both groups happy or at least satisfied. Player behavior was fine before. As long as you didn't pretend league was club penguin and punished the racists and hateful. > > But then riot Lyte came along and said fuck that we are going to make this into club penguin. Then the game entered a shit storm because turns out, the number of people who would fall under the range of _colorful asshole_ was much larger than a small minority. Hmm...Alright, how would you keep both groups happy, without making the system ambiguous and opaque like it is now? Personally, I'd rather have players be allowed to say whatever they want in chat, and just get squashed harder for actually screwing with the game (feeding, trolling, etc). Chat can be muted for those who don't want to deal with it, and the rest of us can talk mad smack and have a good laugh. I'd also like to see this non-shaming bullshit go away. If a person gets reported for feeding, and the system decides it was real, everyone who reported them should get to know about it. Otherwise, the system feels pointless. I think that's about as close as you're gonna get to keeping both groups happy.
: I wanna take some time to recommend an alternative solution, a solution that has so far worked quite well for me. The underlying problem with all of us is the 'Sunk Costs Fallacy'. We've all spent so much time, blood, sweat and money on this game that we feel like we should just keep playing or else all that time, blood, sweat and money would've been a waste, even though the clear answer to end our gaming suffering is to stop playing. In a nutshell, we're all a bit stubborn on the inside for playing this game for so long. Especially me being 6+ years into this game. So here's my alternative solution, and I hope Riot mods don't delete this because it's in a sense advertising their competition. Try Heroes of the Storm. Why specifically Heroes of the Storm? Mainly because the mechanical feel of the game is closest to LoL than any other MOBA. The cast times, movement and button pressing is closest to LoL compared to something like Dota2, whose mechanics and technical knowledge is actually far too different from LoL for a comfortable transition (I've tried at least 4 times, none of them worked). So in a nutshell, if you hate LoL like I do, but still crave that somewhat familiar MOBA experience, Heroes of the Storm is probably the best alternative that should more or less stay close to your mechanical roots.
> [{quoted}](name=Jinto,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2018-11-27T21:20:51.829+0000) > > I wanna take some time to recommend an alternative solution, a solution that has so far worked quite well for me. > The underlying problem with all of us is the 'Sunk Costs Fallacy'. We've all spent so much time, blood, sweat and money on this game that we feel like we should just keep playing or else all that time, blood, sweat and money would've been a waste, even though the clear answer to end our gaming suffering is to stop playing. In a nutshell, we're all a bit stubborn on the inside for playing this game for so long. Especially me being 6+ years into this game. > > So here's my alternative solution, and I hope Riot mods don't delete this because it's in a sense advertising their competition. Try Heroes of the Storm. Why specifically Heroes of the Storm? Mainly because the mechanical feel of the game is closest to LoL than any other MOBA. The cast times, movement and button pressing is closest to LoL compared to something like Dota2, whose mechanics and technical knowledge is actually far too different from LoL for a comfortable transition (I've tried at least 4 times, none of them worked). > > So in a nutshell, if you hate LoL like I do, but still crave that somewhat familiar MOBA experience, Heroes of the Storm is probably the best alternative that should more or less stay close to your mechanical roots. I definitely agree that's a big part of it for a lot of people. But that's fairly easy for me to let go of. I've spent a piddly $100 on this game, and I've easily gotten that much entertainment out of it. The energy I've put into it isn't what keeps me coming back. It's another mechanism which psychology has so kindly given an unnecessary name: Intermittent Reinforcement. Once or twice in a seemingly random number of games, I get a team filled with skilled, objective-minded strategists, frequently funny and imaginative. The enemy team is like-wise equipped, and that game gives me a high that lasts for hours, even if I lose. The competition was what mattered, the struggle and the banter, and the reversals. But then, it's back to the majority of games, where I'm virtually guaranteed to have either two stoned-worthless bot laners, a Sona jungle and an average top, or an enemy team composed of such. The game isn't fun, win or lose, because it wasn't a competition. So I keep playing, hoping for that one game in god-knows-how-many where I get matched with people on both sides who are peers. THAT is what keeps me playing League, but, unfortunately, since I am aware of it, eventually, it won't be enough any more. I greatly appreciate that you didn't suggest some obvious bit of idiocy, like "use tha muute booton!" or "play drunk with ur frends." HotS did actually occur to me, and I played long enough to realize it wasn't League. It feels clunky to me, the animations and movement are abysmal (Looking at you, Lunara), the skills don't feel fluid to me like League's do, and HotS matches seem to me like they are basically decided by what champions are on what side in what combination. When I get tired of League, I play Overwatch, because I can mute all of the coms, and leave when I have a retarded team. Thank you for your suggestions, though. If I didn't know about HotS already, I would have tried it, just because you're well-spoken and intelligent.
: This is honestly the saddest thread I've seen in a while. If you wanted to say you're an addict, you could've told that to a therapist, not the boards. I think you're problem is you don't have any friends to play with on league. If you have a team of 5 friends just about 100% of the toxicity goes away. If anything you need to be recruiting your friends because you sure hate people you don't know. Literally just having a duo in ranked even makes a lot of the toxicity go away because at least you have someone you can rant to/ someone that can keep your morale up. If you don't let that friend do that for you or if you ignore your friends embraces, to me it sounds like you're the toxic one. I have a friend that's a Draven main. He's been playing this game for years and has shown no sign of improvement. He always blames everything on everyone else and get's tilted over the smalles things like someone just going, "?", in all chat. You remind me of him lol. I've played Overwatch and Heros of the storm, their communities are easily way worse than Leagues. It seems like you're a toxic person yourself tbh. Also just saying, if you think League is anywhere close to a bad community, then you haven't played CoD, black ops or halo before. Those games just had angry young adults telling children to kill themselves 24/7. League ain't that bad, people just say it's bad because they've never had anything worse. Like just /mute all. That seemse to solve all your problems.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2018-11-27T21:08:33.123+0000) > > This is honestly the saddest thread I've seen in a while. If you wanted to say you're an addict, you could've told that to a therapist, not the boards. I think you're problem is you don't have any friends to play with on league. If you have a team of 5 friends just about 100% of the toxicity goes away. If anything you need to be recruiting your friends because you sure hate people you don't know. Literally just having a duo in ranked even makes a lot of the toxicity go away because at least you have someone you can rant to/ someone that can keep your morale up. If you don't let that friend do that for you or if you ignore your friends embraces, to me it sounds like you're the toxic one. I have a friend that's a Draven main. He's been playing this game for years and has shown no sign of improvement. He always blames everything on everyone else and get's tilted over the smalles things like someone just going, "?", in all chat. You remind me of him lol. I've played Overwatch and Heros of the storm, their communities are easily way worse than Leagues. It seems like you're a toxic person yourself tbh. Also just saying, if you think League is anywhere close to a bad community, then you haven't played CoD, black ops or halo before. Those games just had angry young adults telling children to kill themselves 24/7. League ain't that bad, people just say it's bad because they've never had anything worse. Like just /mute all. That seemse to solve all your problems. You're covered under heading number 1: missed the point completely, ad hominem babble, etc. The best thought you can offer is that I must be toxic because you have a friend who plays Draven, who is mad at some other aspect of the game... You're adding nothing to this discussion, because you don't even know what is being discussed. This has almost nothing to do with addiction, toxicity, or playing with friends. But, to be fair, it wasn't written for you. Section 1 was written for you.
: Is league actually the worst community though? It always seems to me when playing CS:GO and Overwatch that there is literally no difference.
> [{quoted}](name=Metallikaiser,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:48:21.942+0000) > > Is league actually the worst community though? It always seems to me when playing CS:GO and Overwatch that there is literally no difference. League is just the worst community I'm part of. I won't touch CS:GO, because I figure it's worse, and voice coms on Overwatch will stay off for me forever. The only way I can imagine League players being worse is if I had to listen to the little shits talk.
: > [{quoted}](name=How Do You Meta,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-27T12:36:33.531+0000) > > Reasons 2 and 3 are both the same complaints about the disciplinary system. > Also you do get sometimes feedback saying someone got punished but it shouldn't matter, because you should focus on yourself not whether someone gets punished or not. you're the someone that he refer's to who's missed the point completely.
> [{quoted}](name=NoMoreUserNames0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:43:15.704+0000) > > you're the someone that he refer's to who's missed the point completely. Wish I could upvote this to the front of this post. I told him the same damn thing.
Grace (NA)
: I will disagree with you on your perspective on the community, I actually find the league community in game to be quite nice. I rarely ever receive actual toxicity in game, though this may be because of my summoner name. A lot of people assume I'm a female in game and I either get special treatment or people type weird messages in chat. I've even had people add me and start messaging me creepy things after games, I feel pretty bad for how some girls must get treated by strangers in this game. That's as far as toxicity goes for me though, I hardly ever get called out for anything. I've played LoL since season 2 so I've seen toxicity, but I still hold the League community in much higher regard than the Overwatch community in and out of game. I've played Overwatch at the highest ranks for quite some time and no other game has even come close to it in terms of how awful some players act.
> [{quoted}](name=Grace,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:40:22.984+0000) > > I will disagree with you on your perspective on the community, I actually find the league community in game to be quite nice. > > I rarely ever receive actual toxicity in game, though this may be because of my summoner name. A lot of people assume I'm a female in game and I either get special treatment or people type weird messages in chat. I've even had people add me and start messaging me creepy things after games, I feel pretty bad for how some girls must get treated by strangers in this game. That's as far as toxicity goes for me though, I hardly ever get called out for anything. > > I've played LoL since season 2 so I've seen toxicity, but I still hold the League community in much higher regard than the Overwatch community in and out of game. I've played Overwatch at the highest ranks for quite some time and no other game has even come close to it in terms of how awful some players act. That seems like just a difference in our experiences, like you mentioned below. I've tried changing in-game names, dating profile pictures, etc. to appear female. I didn't believe it would make that big of a difference, but I was stunned. If you ever feel like doing an experiment of your own, try changing your name to something masculine, and watch how people react to you. It's a thing to behold, watching groups of grown men lose their minds because a girl is around. They won't call you out, they won't insult you...because they all think that, somehow, if they're nice enough to you in-game, it'll get them laid. Sounds ludicrous, but I shit you not, that's what is going through their heads. I had a guy break up with his girlfriend in the background of a voice chat, and then ask me if I was single...utterly ridiculous. I play Overwatch, too, and I barely see anyone talk at all, but I'm not playing with voice comms on, and not on high levels. I'd probably hate Overwatch if I had to listen to the little shits talk. I like Overwatch's method of dealing with AFK's way better. It'd be hard to do with League, but possible.
WrÆth (NA)
: > Riot can't seem to decide whether it wants to be the strict dad or the cool uncle. Calling someone an idiot in chat? GO TO YOUR ROOM. Spouting off "ez, trash" after barely winning against a 4 man team? Ha ha, that's just competitive banter. Never heard anyone say this more neatly, absolutely how I feel about riot
> [{quoted}](name=WrÆth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:34:45.815+0000) > > Never heard anyone say this more neatly, absolutely how I feel about riot You're the tiny minority of real people here that I write for. Glad to know there are still some Red Pills out there.
: > [{quoted}](name=ninjaroxas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-11-27T19:01:14.243+0000) > > I disagree, muteing only stops verbal toxicity. For for instance, he quit not because he got demoted, he quit because 2 people going afk made him lose and get demoted. > > If people don't feel like their reports mean any thing then why would they bother to report at all? I got your point, but i wasn't sure if its what you really meant to say because you did group the two separate individuals experiences together. And if he feels reporting someone without getting an instant notification saying "We're going to deal with this guy right now! thanks for the report." means nothing, then i don't know how to solve that problem for him. One report is not an instant punishment, many people abuse the report system because they can. Therefore, an accumulated number of reports of the same typical behavior will result in a ban. But the banned individual can just make another account, and work towards getting that one banned too. So muting toxic behavior which is something you can control is a good solution. and for the guy with afk/leaver i've dealt with it. It sucks to lose a promo, or get demoted for that. But it happens, and no matter how many people riot bans and you report, it will continue to happen. And it's something you can deal with or not deal with.
> [{quoted}](name=ThanksButNoTanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000a00000002,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:18:46.907+0000) > > I got your point, but i wasn't sure if its what you really meant to say because you did group the two separate individuals experiences together. And if he feels reporting someone without getting an instant notification saying "We're going to deal with this guy right now! thanks for the report." means nothing, then i don't know how to solve that problem for him. One report is not an instant punishment, many people abuse the report system because they can. Therefore, an accumulated number of reports of the same typical behavior will result in a ban. But the banned individual can just make another account, and work towards getting that one banned too. So muting toxic behavior which is something you can control is a good solution. and for the guy with afk/leaver i've dealt with it. It sucks to lose a promo, or get demoted for that. But it happens, and no matter how many people riot bans and you report, it will continue to happen. And it's something you can deal with or not deal with. It's not that I want one report to be an instant ban. It's that I want to know when my report stacked with others, and DID do something. Right now, the buttons feels meaningless, because there's no indication that ANYTHING happened at all. I'll deal with the shitters...you're right, they'll always be here. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna put up with some lil' piece of shit for 25 minutes without doing or saying anything back, click a lil button, and then hope it did something. That sounds too much like religion.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jinxalot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-11-27T15:35:35.402+0000) > > I would recommend it and have. It's a fun game...as long as you play it as a game. exactly. focus more on it being a game and not the Hunger Games and you are more likely to enjoy it.
> [{quoted}](name=Goblin Ranger,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:10:44.851+0000) > > exactly. focus more on it being a game and not the Hunger Games and you are more likely to enjoy it. Depends entirely on what makes it fun for you. Personally, my favorite matches are the ones that are so cutthroat competitive, you stop caring who wins or loses...the struggle was enough. The game loses its meaning when its too easy, or when one or two players decide to jerk off. If I had my way, people would be allowed to say anything they wanted in chat, players who actually screwed with the game (feeding, trolling, etc) would get 24 hour bans as a start, and anyone who was in the match with them would know about it. Riot decided not to shame people...I think they made the wrong call. They should be shamed. It's the only way they'll learn. That's basically the whole point of this post.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThanksButNoTanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000a00000001,timestamp=2018-11-27T19:45:57.376+0000) > > Buddy.. You're grouping two separate people together. The O.P did not quit, however the guy who "Quit because he got demoted, after two people rage quit on his team" did quit. But again two separate people. Not grouping, I didn't mean the OP in the first place. Regardless of that it wasn't the main point of the comment
> [{quoted}](name=ninjaroxas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000a000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-27T20:00:19.186+0000) > > Not grouping, I didn't mean the OP in the first place. Regardless of that it wasn't the main point of the comment It's cool. I got what you meant, and I agree.
imp1313 (NA)
: i feel your pain . i dont know why i play league as i hate it and it makes me far more angry than any other game i have ever played . i figure i have brain damage from years of physical abuse as a lad , falling out of trees , drastic bike wipes - fun stuff . when i get really cheesed i might leave for a few months but come back . i play mainly arams and modes when they are on . i think deep down inside i am hoping league will come back to what it was in beta-s1 . it was actually very fun then although the matchmaker was a horrible joke . i think if stats/items/ss were reverted back to s1 the game might be fun again . /shrug .
> [{quoted}](name=imp1313,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2018-11-27T19:27:13.068+0000) > > i feel your pain . i dont know why i play league as i hate it and it makes me far more angry than any other game i have ever played . > i figure i have brain damage from years of physical abuse as a lad , falling out of trees , drastic bike wipes - fun stuff . > > when i get really cheesed i might leave for a few months but come back . > > i play mainly arams and modes when they are on . > > i think deep down inside i am hoping league will come back to what it was in beta-s1 . it was actually very fun then although the matchmaker was a horrible joke . i think if stats/items/ss were reverted back to s1 the game might be fun again . > > /shrug . We always tend to look back on the early days of a thing with a halcyon glaze. In reality, it probably wasn't any better, we just had more patience for it, because it was new to us. Huh...works this way with women, too. XD
Spekkıo (NA)
: Give me a fucking break, people. I'm getting really tired of these completely empty talking points. You do not want the system to tell you that your report was successful because "I just want to know I'm contributing to the betterment of the community." You want a notification to pop up telling you that your report was successful because you want whatever misery you've suffered in the span of 20-30 minutes with said person to be paid with an unequal sum of misery from said person. At least the toxic assholes are genuine in their toxicity. I hate fake people.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-11-27T19:18:49.062+0000) > > Give me a fucking break, people. I'm getting really tired of these completely empty talking points. > > You do not want the system to tell you that your report was successful because "I just want to know I'm contributing to the betterment of the community." > > You want a notification to pop up telling you that your report was successful because you want whatever misery you've suffered in the span of 20-30 minutes with said person to be paid with an unequal sum of misery from said person. > > At least the toxic assholes are genuine in their toxicity. > > I hate fake people. First off, love your name. Brings back a lot of good memories of a certain fluffy god of war. Secondly, I totally agree. My primary motivation isn't some altruistic community betterment...it's revenge, pure and simple. And I see nothing wrong with that. If some lil' piece of shit decides to troll, spam, and feed, wasting 25 minutes of my time, I want him to suffer something more egregious. It's the only way these bipedal roombas learn, bumping into things over and over until they can fake being competent. I agree. Be what you will, but don't lay claim to virtues that don't exist in human beings. Justification is weak tea.
: > [{quoted}](name=ThanksButNoTanks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-11-27T16:27:10.691+0000) > > To the OP, there is a mute button. I highly suggest you use it, Toxicity problem solved. Unless of course, you are also part of the problem and can't help but return the toxic behavior you receive. Which again, the mute button solves that. I love league, i'm not addicted, and I've played for a very long time, Also quit for a very long time. I often mute everyone, even my team. And that makes the game far more enjoyable for me. I could care less if on the off chance a random on my team said good job! or you suck, uninstall. Because well, they're random people with their own issues. And their opinion doesn't mean anything to me. I focus on me, how well I do, and try to climb. Worrying about what others say or do, or whether or not they got punished for the comment they made is a waste of your time. Report them, move on. Stop pondering as to whether or not they received a ban for being toxic. If they didn't from you reporting them, then their continued behavior will cause them to eventually be banned. Not that them being banned changes anything, since its rather easy to make a new account and acquire the few champs you like to play. Had you muted them in the first place, or at the first sign of toxicity. Guaranteed you would have a much more pleasant experience. I disagree, muteing only stops verbal toxicity. For for instance, he quit not because he got demoted, he quit because 2 people going afk made him lose and get demoted. If people don't feel like their reports mean any thing then why would they bother to report at all?
> [{quoted}](name=ninjaroxas,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2018-11-27T19:01:14.243+0000) > > I disagree, muteing only stops verbal toxicity. For for instance, he quit not because he got demoted, he quit because 2 people going afk made him lose and get demoted. > > If people don't feel like their reports mean any thing then why would they bother to report at all? Exactly. That little button feels really meaningless when we have nothing but Riot's word that it does anything at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-27T12:30:28.784+0000) > > Why should it matter? > *** > > False. You will not be punished for saying "You're an idiot" in chat **once or twice**. You're punished when you go out of your day to** consistently** display such behaviour. > > *** > > I don't have any side-effects from playing League and I've been doing it since season 2. Maybe some people have better self-control. If I'm frustrated with the game, I stop for the day/week/whatever. In other words, I'm not addicted to League. > > If you want to kill time, I suggest you try other games/activies, because League certainly isn't the way to go if you want to kill time. > > There are so many different things you could be doing, gaming or not, for example: > > - Reading a book > - Listening to music > - Movies/Shows > - Youtube > - Doing puzzles > - Physical Exercise > - Cleaning the house > - etc > > Those are in no particular order. Plenty of activities that don't involve playing games. > If you want to play games, there're better alternatives to League. I notice you left out point 1. Can't refute that, hmm? Yeah, because it perfectly describes you.
> [{quoted}](name=Raymønd Åmantius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GQ5IIimP,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-11-27T18:52:57.404+0000) > > I notice you left out point 1. Can't refute that, hmm? > Yeah, because it perfectly describes you. Lol. I said the same damn thing to him, in slightly more politic language. XD
Show more

Despìca Bìll

Level 138 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion