: might not be the best place for asking for professional help but here goes nothing. Studying Civil Enginering; Architecture division which basically means a TON of math, physics with some other subjects and sketching sprinkled into the program. Lest just say i've been doing very badly in the math/ physics part aka 90% of the program. My question is does the subjects taken in the program mirror what the everyday job is like? Or are these just subjects i get out of the way to get the degree and the work itself is a whole other story? Another question would be how in the heck can i get good at match? Algebra, derivatives, integrals and now mathematical statistics all feel like a pain. Just how do i get to UNDERSTAND math and not just memories it? Edit: I'm not planning on working as an engineering but planning on getting somewhat of a doubble major with this one being a basis to suppport my cv and career. A plain architectural degree is worthless where i come from.
> [{quoted}](name=Ozzie Storm,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Jusc2O1i,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-13T00:27:09.720+0000) > > might not be the best place for asking for professional help but here goes nothing. Studying Civil Enginering; Architecture division which basically means a TON of math, physics with some other subjects and sketching sprinkled into the program. > Lest just say i've been doing very badly in the math/ physics part aka 90% of the program. > > My question is does the subjects taken in the program mirror what the everyday job is like? Or are these just subjects i get out of the way to get the degree and the work itself is a whole other story? > > Another question would be how in the heck can i get good at match? Algebra, derivatives, integrals and now mathematical statistics all feel like a pain. Just how do i get to UNDERSTAND math and not just memories it? > > Edit: I'm not planning on working as an engineering but planning on getting somewhat of a doubble major with this one being a basis to suppport my cv and career. A plain architectural degree is worthless where i come from. Even though i'm not the one being asked I did work at an acoustic consulting firm and we did work with architects often. The architects I worked with did very little physics and mathematics and if they needed things to be calculated they used programs. I can't speak for architects everywhere but from my experience, after you finish college your in the clear. This will change depending on where you are of course.
: I'm bored and like teaching people math
How do incompleteness theorems impact modern day mathematics? In general is logic and meta-mathematics relevant to mathematicians?
KluPL (NA)
: A team of mine is making a new game based off League of Legends (MOBA)
: See I don't mind watching assassins insta kill people. That is their purpose, and that purpose can be predicted and countered. What I don't like seeing is bruisers and juggernauts being Bruisers and Juggernauts AND assassins. Jax, Irelia and Camille are bruisers that assassinate targets equally, if not better, than every assassin in the roster. I have a big problem with that. Mind you they go with a brusier build and still 1shot people. Shouldn't be a thing.
I have been an assassin main for a long time. Insta-killing is there purpose but over the years I noticed something changing. It became easier and easier to one shot when behind. Riot said during the class rework that they wanted them less feast or famine, but doing this made them far more annoying to play against. You used to be able to go into a game knowing that if you shut them down early they would be useless. Now they can be behind and still one shot and there is no real late game for them to fall off. Long story short: Assassins aren't "high risk" anymore and that makes them more annoying then ever. You don't see an assassin player pop off and think, "man he has skills" anymore because we know that playing them is now safe and consequentially easy.
: [Feature Idea] Merchant's Value to offer better tradeoffs (custom tailoring)
I also miss builds being in the game but I think there is one problem with this approach. Riot will have to personally balance all of this and there balance team is struggling enough lol. It also limits creativity since riot will be deciding what alternative build is viable. I personally think that the changes to items is a big factor for why we dont see more builds but I also think that changes to champions impacts builds even more. I used to main Talon, Kat, and Shen. After there reworks the amount of builds they had dropped drastically. It also seems like many champions are made with certain builds in mind these days. I think the way Riot approaches champions has to change before we get real build diversity back.
Rioter Comments
NiamhNyx (NA)
: I had the "privileged" up bringing of a drug addict mother running from CPS while collecting a horde of child abusing boyfriends. I now have the "privilege" to ride a bicycle 12 miles to and from work at an understaffed restaurant every day!
> [{quoted}](name=PlebosaurusRex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WUU044eX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:18:11.557+0000) > > I had the "privileged" up bringing of a drug addict mother running from CPS while collecting a horde of child abusing boyfriends. > I now have the "privilege" to ride a bicycle 12 miles to and from work at an understaffed restaurant every day! You're a man so you still have more opportunities than a girl whose daddy pays for her college. Just man up and don't oppress anyone.
Zira (NA)
: Riot is filled with very naive people. I'm sorry. I'm absolutely furious about this (along with many other female gamers).
> [{quoted}](name=Rebel Xaya,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WUU044eX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-03T03:21:09.051+0000) > > Riot is filled with very naive people. I'm sorry. I'm absolutely furious about this (along with many other female gamers). Thank you for your reply. I will never hold this against female gamers and I hope no one else does either. If we did we would be hypocrites.
Rioter Comments
Pika Fox (NA)
: Lethality is far better than arpen balance wise.
Rioter Comments
hOrnn (NA)
: hmm yeah some of the good items you need for squishy supports like bard and nami give 200-300 health but no real armor/mr :( theres plenty of health items it seems though.
When I say buff tank items I mean pure tank items. Items like {{item:3143}} {{item:3742}}. Support is another beast all together and I don't know enough about supports to make suggestions.
DearPear (EUW)
: Issue is that some bruisers or colossus would highly benefit from that when the goal would be to buff tanks.
I don't think buffing tank items would benefit bruisers that much. Bruiser items are expensive and if they wanted to get pure tank items they would have to not get bruiser items. If they don't get bruiser items they will function as tanks in team fights but wont have the cc to be able to be as effective as tanks.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Divine Thighs,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6lIF81QP,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-16T23:54:17.644+0000) > > Today Riot made me change my name. I was pissed. I loved my name. I was... Ashy Kneegro. Being a black guy with chronically ashy knees, I believed this was a perfect name. When my friends saw my name they were like, "damn bruh that is accurate." Why Rito why. I don't think any black person would have found this name offensive. There's no skin color on the internet Everybody is of every race at the same time Riot told you to change your name because society dictates that the spanish word for "black" can't be used by whites You're both a white person and a black person on the internet. Ergo, you can't use that word.
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6lIF81QP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-17T00:11:25.413+0000) > > There's no skin color on the internet > Everybody is of every race at the same time > Riot told you to change your name because society dictates that the spanish word for "black" can't be used by whites > You're both a white person and a black person on the internet. Ergo, you can't use that word. Even if I was white its not an offensive name...
: ... You... *DO* Know that riot doesn't care about race and everything else when putting in stuff like that, *Right?* ***Right?***
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6lIF81QP,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-17T00:08:10.864+0000) > > ... > You... > *DO* Know that riot doesn't care about race and everything else when putting in stuff like that, *Right?* > > ***Right?*** Even if I wasn't black its not an offensive name
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Toplane has zero impact on the game
Irelia is pretty good in team fights to. Imagine what other top laners feel like.
: This mana change shoud not apply only to mages.
Riot had the right idea. They just did it on the wrong class first. I mean mages are trash why start with them?
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=RainXBlade,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7P3oz2rc,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-02-24T01:30:43.054+0000) > > ~~Blame Ghostcrawler. He ruined melees in the game.~~ > > At this point, can we just bring back Fervor of Battle? honestly id like something that could be used on garen aswell. fervor wouldnt do that either. the only reason fervor even worked as a bruiser keystone was because of the melee/range split. there are a bunch of similar champions who just have awkward choices in keystones. when it comes to ad caster type fighters, there is really nothing that synergizes well with your kit. not even like press the attack synegizes with auto attacking bruisers right now. like what is {{champion:420}} going to pick for a keystone? except kelpto which she can use because she can proc it on the spirit, everything else is kindof shit. electrocute, phase rush and similar 3 hit keystones dont work well on her or only really awkwardly because multi hit spells (or multiple tentacle hits) dont count anymore. the same goes for garen really. we dont just need a bruiser keystone, but also a replacement for dft to support sustained damage patterns from spells. i mean come on do we have to really rely on half a support keystone with summon aery for sustained spell damage? this is kindof ridiculous. for grasp they might even just be able to reduce the proc timer from 4 seconds to 3 seconds and just reduce its effect by 25% so its not as awkward to proc for fighters anymore. that could be a good start.
If phase rush wasn't so trash garen and other juggernauts could run it.
: When you have no Gap Closers and need to kill the adc
When your playing {{champion:91}} and the enemy mid never once steps in q range.
: I had mained Shaco for 8 years. Had. This is bullshit.
Shaco is an assasin. Riot hates assasins.
: Riot considered nerfing Shaco because he is "too much of a pubstomp champion" but.....
: Dear friend, riot has forgotten about us. They don't like Talon. Live and die by the longsword.
: I'd argue its more because mages are harder to 1 shot than most ADCs. Most will always have a zhonyas if you are an AD assassin. If you are an AP assassin, they have Banshee's Veil. Not only that, they have levels. Most supports are much harder to kill now that there is so much residual defenses(health/armor/MR) on items, leaving ADCs to mostly have tabi's at best. Honestly, its one of the reasons Assassins just arent as good now. Its not only the peel, but there just isn't that many viable targets anymore outside of the ADC. Even most supports nowadays are kind of off limits. I mean you mention the 3 item powerspike, but its not like those 3 items keep you from killing them. There is no defenses on those items. IE/Double Zeal they are as easy to kill as they are on a Doran's Blade. I don't feel the reliance of focusing on ADCs is all because of their item spikes; they never get harder to really kill until they get GA's/Bloodthirsters/etc. I just feel your actual targets are less and less as the game goes on. ADCs usually remain the only class in the game who can still be bursted out .
Mages are harder to burst unless you get kills early which is hard since they dance outside Talons q range. Also as an assassin you want to stop the three item power spike not because it prevents you from killing them, but because they do absurd dmg to you and your team. As a Talon main many times I jump over the wall and get chunked by the autos before the animation completes. Also the longer you delay their build the longer you delay the life steal and ga. If the end up having to get ga early you reduce their dmg. Either way they are always the best target simply due to their early late game scaling. Also assassinating a lone mage is 2x easier than assassinating an ADC with a support.
: as talon i can see your point but i honestly don't mind just fucking over the botlane all game as shaco i have more options but even when i can kill the mid i find the clean one shot on an adc is more satisfying
Killing the ADC is more satisfying because they simply do more than mages. If mages had more impact on the game and did more than preventing tanks from going all armor, going after them would feel worth as well. Right now wasting your cool downs on the enemy mid is really not worth it unless they are really fed.
: because it's not HARD to win top literally everything Dan said summons up why meddler is wrong -it reduces snowballing -increases toplane impact both of those thing increases toplane's healthiness -**it is not hard to win top because if you make him use tp then you have free roam over the map because the other dude has no teleport**
This man is right Winning top is not hard at all. Winning top and then making that win translate to a victory is hard.
Rioter Comments
: Currently Mages face some pretty annoying issues that - sadly - can't be fixed by some Item changes. The main problem is their role: What are they supposed to do? (Besides preventing the opponent from Armorstacking) Historicly Mages were Midgame Carrys opposed to the Lategamecarry ADCs. This is no longer the case. ADCs spike in Mid now - harder than most mages. And mages no longer spike at all. (maybe once with Haunting/Sorcs) Right now a Mage is a roaming Support for the ADC. You AFK waveclear Mid - roam bot - get a lead onto your carry. Once Teamfights start you peel for your carry just like any other Support.
I think this is more of a mid lane issue than a mage issue. I main Talon and I do the same thing. Afk shove mid, roam, and try to get my adc ahead. Then I fall off and pray I can get past the support for a suicide bomb. As a role our relevance is still tied to bot.
Zerenza (NA)
: I'm so sick and tired of Nasus existing.
"AS A BRUISER" Why are you playing a bruiser in this meta? You are asking to lose son.
: I made a thread similar. Not sure if Talon will ever get his burst speed back but rengar's sure as fuck looks sweet on the pbe.
My fellow Talon main. We are a roaming champ now. We must spend out time trying to shut her down early by contributing to the party bot lane or we lose. That is our fate
: After a near two year break, last season i got back on track in LoL and went from S3 to D5....
As a Talon main I agree in a way. The AD assassins kits do no have the dmg to burst down an ADC so we have to rely on busted items like duskblade. Also ADC's are truly the only carry these days so we have to focus them. Back in the day and assassin did not just have one target. They could aim for the mid laner, adc, or any other carry champion that wasn't to tanky. Now it only matters if you kill the ADC so you are forced to target them all game. This is not fun for the assassin or the ADC.
: Why you should never consider the match to be over until it's actually over, in one image.
You guys had a Vayne. If you could hold on and farm the game was yours. Well done sir.
: MRW my friend (assassin main) starts playing ADCs to climb in ranked.
I'm in the same boat. Practicing ADC's on my smurf before I even touch ranked this season. Used to be a Talon main.
: But what's the difference between an ADC and an Assassin? :^)
ADC's have more range, more consistent dmg, and a support to protect them.
: Upvote so Riot can see. Can we give Zoe's E the Fizz ult treatment? Opinions?
Or they could reduce the dmg the e gives if she does not hit is directly.
: >Without his blink he can't really hop on a ranged mid laner. **GOOD**
Good for a ranged mid laner. Bad for bot lane. If he can't assassinate his laner who will he go after? That sexy squishy bot lane.
Arakadia (NA)
: Correct me if I'm wrong, but old Talon's combo was not difficult at all. He was more about macro right?
His base combo was very easy, but he had combos involving {{item:3077}} that allowed you to shave off burst time. A good Talon could kill people as fast as a good pre-rework Rengar. Him and Rengar actually had the fastest combos if done correctly since you could animation cancel the w and ult at the same time.
: You know Darius is a tank obliterator, right? He isn't the only champion. Jax, Kled, Irelia, Aatrox exist too.
Get bramble vest first on a tank and Aatrox is fucked.
KazKaz (OCE)
: Yep. Everything here is true. For point 4) I'd like to add my perspective as an assassin player. Similar to the ADC class the assassin class has also become far far easier, however, unlike the ADC class we do not have the entire team revolve around us. In fact, due to how inconsistent assassins are now we're almost 1v9ing a lot of the time....and a lot of the time it works since the new runes provide far too much free damage for simply doing our job and this item exists. {{item:3147}} Additionally, Riot removed any major mechanical skill from a majority of the assassins, replacing it with one go-to combo that is leagues better than every other combo. E.g. Talon used to have like 4 variations of his combo, now he only has one major combo and one niche combo. Combos as a whole just aren't as difficult or diverse than before the assassin update. Although, more to the point, assassins are just rewarded for doing their job, and honestly it's less your skill playing them and more how quickly you reach your one item powerspike, abuse it and your opponent slipping up. Even if a guy goes 0/5 in Bronze V as an assassin such as Talon he'll probably end up being 12/5 simply because Duskblade and lethality exist and the new runes pretty much do everything for you. ---------------------- As for macro play....why worry about spending mana when there's literally a rune that makes your spell(s) free every minute or so, why worry about sustaining yourself when you can just build to accommodate that directly in runes, why worry about dying multiple times when you can just make a comeback with your one item powerspike? Or...the best meme of all, why worry about farming and playing the game in a healthy way when you can just make gold off of one rune? The game simply doesn't reward good players as much as any of the other seasons, since this season seems to be intent of making the game as easy and accessible as possible, which is a good business plan but horrible for the balance and feel of this game. --------------- In terms of point 3) let me give you a rundown of how that applies to the jungle. You make someone die once early, and you pretty much take one entire side of their jungle, back, your opponent walks to that side of the jungle to check and they lose an enormous amount of EXP. Like....the sheer reward you get just from one early kill is obnoxious, especially if you're playing someone like Kha'zix, Kayn, Elise or Kindred who are just unforgiving if you ever fall behind to them. Or, even better, you kill your enemy jungler/watch them get killed and you give constant pressure to your other lanes. If you do that there's no proper response your opponent has and the game is pretty much over if you're even semi-successful with your ganks. ---------------- It also saddens me that the game is like this now. Hopefully Riot will tend to these issues....
1. As a former Talon main I agree, the new Talon is way to easy. All of the wall jumps make it so that you don't have to position well outside of the lanes since you can wall jump everywhere. He is also pigeon holed into roaming now and roaming top lane is pointless. This means he has to go bot and contribute to the party bot meta. 2. Without his blink he can't really hop on a ranged mid laner. He is forced to shove the lane and roam bot. The removal of his blink also removes the thought required when engaging. Deciding when to go in was so much more crucial. People now just pop ghost-blade to run in then wall hop out.
: Sometimes games you know and love just move off in a direction you can't follow. I played the original Guild Wars for a good seven or so years before Guild Wars 2 came out, and put a couple years into that one, but GW2 just wasn't the game I was trying to play. I was trying to play GW1 again, and eventually the differences just caught up to me and I stopped playing it. Games that get heavy updates like League are the same way, except for the fact that you can't go back and play the old versions. Try out some new champions and roles after the coming season starts (preseason is a mess, don't trust anything until it's over) and see if anything new takes your fancy. You moved from Jax back in the day, perhaps now it's time for a similar change. If nothing catches your attention that's fine too. I've been playing League since season 1, and my interest in it peaked around season 4-5. It's been downhill for me since, but nothing has outright pushed me away. That push could still come, and if it does I won't resist, but something new could come that renews my interest in the game. There are plenty of games out there for each of us, and every end is a new beginning. Best of luck in your travels.
You also played season 1 and felt like the game peaked around season 4. People like you remind me I am not crazy. I tried a bunch of champs already but that is when I realized it was not the champion, it was the game. This realization is what made me leave. I adapted to the new Talon and even played him, but the ardent sensor meta and lethality made it to hard to continue. The Talon rework didn't make me leave, it made me think. I came back in preseason but it was only worse lol.
Rioter Comments
: Thanks for giving everyone Assassin damage Riot
PLEASE REVERT THE LETHALITY CHANGES! Sincerely, a Talon main.
: Adaptive Champions, and Why Shaco Should be the First.
I feel like builds are becoming less and less creative with the changes to champions and items. Anything that can increase builds variety is welcome in my book. I miss the old days when there where multiple viable builds for a champ.
Kurieko (NA)
: Hey you ever thought "You know I really want pre rework nidalee spear back
Anyone miss pre-rework {{champion:91}} {{champion:98}} ?
: > [{quoted}](name=Devilreaper XIII,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fmclQPkM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-11T16:08:31.409+0000) > > its not marksmen (adc) that are broken its lifesteal and crit chance that are, with just 60% crit chance and 1 lifesteal item you are almost invincible. This guy gets it. Everyone seems to be forgetting that Tristana was considered one of the weaker ADCs (after the nerfs/rework of course) until crit kept getting cheaper and lifesteal kept getting better. Her kit still remains unchanged since then, but she's just stronger now due to how mindless crit building is. You don't even have to think about what you're building anymore, now that zeal builds into FOUR core crit+atk speed items. People will just rush zeal and decide what they want later...they even have the same build path after zeal... > [{quoted}](name=GayFluffyUnicorn,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fmclQPkM,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-11-11T20:29:57.759+0000) > > Why don't we see everyone else running around with crit and lifesteal if its broken? Because of the very obvious fact that mages clearly won't be able to put it to good use, bruisers and juggernauts (like darius) won't make crit useful outside of cheese glasscanon builds, and tanks will make it useless. Lifesteal is the only universal stat that works well on ALL AD champs, but paired with crit makes it insane. These other classes either can't afford to throw both those stats in their kit, or can only make one of them work. EDIT: Like I said to the other guy, ADCs have remained unchanged for the most part. It's how cheap and easily build-able their itemization has gotten with every patch.
When ghost blade and trinity force gave crit, assassins could work both crit and life steal into their build. They could go a build something like this: ghostblade, hydra, whisper, and ie. Im pretty sure at one point that was 50% crit. But with the crit being removed from those items, the crit life-steal combo became effective only on ADC's. Despite this, every class is countered by something and ADC's are countered by burst. Riot has also been giving assassins and mages longer burst windows. This in combination with crit being cheaper allows ADC's to life steal dmg back up easily. Also carry mages aren't that good at the moment, so in most situations the ADC is really the sole "carry". With the ADC being the sole carry of the team, assassins don't have much of an incentive to focus anything besides the ADC, and this is more cancer for both roles. So far this pre season, assassins seem to be doing very well despite the extended burst windows. Since mages still aren't that good, they will still probably roam bot and focus the ADC. May the bot lane party continue.
Show more

Divine Thighs

Level 46 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion