: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZixF3gFR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-23T18:00:32.879+0000) > > Yeah, because Riot is just swimming in money when the game isn't even available to play, right? Or they made a split second decision because they were worried a flaw was about to completely ruin a game mode they just shoveled a ton of money into...
> [{quoted}](name=StompEmlnTheNuts,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZixF3gFR,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T18:01:36.416+0000) > > Or they made a split second decision because they were worried a flaw was about to completely ruin a game mode they just shoveled a ton of money into... And the problem with this is?
: "$orry Guy$, Emergency $hut Down wa$ nece$$ary" ~ Riot
Yeah, because Riot is just swimming in money when the game isn't even available to play, right?
Keyru (NA)
: Boards Moderation Discord Verification
: It's not flaming its constructive feedback.
> [{quoted}](name=GazalivesReborn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rNtULqPe,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-03-02T21:50:57.112+0000) >Try to farm under tower and play passive Because it's almost never this... >Wtf is that cs mid fucking dogshit, get me out of this game ...and almost always this. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen someone politely request _anything_ in this game, and I've been playing for a long time. And even if you are being nice about it, what are you actually asking? Your example is effectively saying, "Hey, you know that thing you're trying to do already? Well, try to do it even harder." Real constructive feedback there. /s
Dr Soraka (EUW)
: JP server PERMA BAN is totally ridiculous
A couple of tips for playing on JP. 1. Don't speak English. At all. Ever. For any reason. Whether or not anyone wants to admit to it, this alone is enough to get you suspended (or worse). 2. Don't speak Japanese unless you really, _really_ know the language. If you actually meet this criteria, keep your Japanese comments to a minimum and about the current match _only_. Briefly and politely congratulate people after a play or a match. This is an expected cultural thing and _will_ eventually get you reported if you don't do it.
Sképtic (NA)
: A Toxic Player
I love how people who are bitter and resentful that there's a system in place that stops them from being toxic shitbags in every match they play have to come here, to other people's threads, to vent about it. Just not opening a thread in the first place is even easier than muting someone, right?
: > I really wasn't trying to piss anyone off. Yes you were, and they told you so in chat. You seem to think you are making a stand. All you were doing is pissing your team off, and are pretending that you took the high ground.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=vTLQ3xfp,comment-id=000500000000000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2017-11-21T19:20:52.871+0000) > > Yes you were, and they told you so in chat. You seem to think you are making a stand. All you were doing is pissing your team off, and are pretending that you took the high ground. It's amazing how they think that just because we can't see the context they deliberately omitted in their post neither can a Rioter. I'm not sure why they think that, but it's always funny to see.
: Yeah totally stupid for IFS to ban people on abbreviations.. kys could mean many things thats absolutely dumb. .. kys could mean know yourself, it could mean ken's youth service, could be a nickname for a girl named kystal .. thers tons of things it could mean doesnt have to mean kill yourself .. rubbish!!! I know context helps determine what the abbreviation is probably meaning however IFS doesn't look at context.
> [{quoted}](name=ShroomDoom2k,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T2lHf0Fo,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-11-17T19:58:16.352+0000) > I know context helps determine what the abbreviation is probably meaning however IFS doesn't look at context. It doesn't have to. That's the beauty of it. There is literally no other meaning attached to "kys" in League. Any bullshit about "Ken's Youth Service" is just that, it's bullshit.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T06:27:14.176+0000) > > So, in other words, basically not the "NES era" at all? If you wanna nitpick, go for it man.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T06:29:40.242+0000) > > If you wanna nitpick, go for it man. Not nitpicking at all. The SNES released in '91 in North America, and the NES was basically on its way out. A budget console for people who couldn't/wouldn't upgrade. As an aside, I always felt there were some really good overlooked games that came out for it after the SNES launch, but that's another subject entirely.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T06:19:52.714+0000) > > Then I suppose I'm a little confused on your definition of "NES era" then, as S&K was a 16-bit Sega game and released in a completely different console generation than the NES. Basically, the 90s.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T06:23:51.228+0000) > > Basically, the 90s. So, in other words, basically not the "NES era" at all?
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T01:39:10.655+0000) > > Oh, but I thought we were making tired, pointless analogies based on NES era stuff? S&K was NES era tho.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-09T06:17:19.849+0000) > > S&K was NES era tho. Then I suppose I'm a little confused on your definition of "NES era" then, as S&K was a 16-bit Sega game and released in a completely different console generation than the NES.
: Why i don't get any missions ? patch 7.22
The only way you could have received those missions is if you previously qualified for them before preseason went live. Think of them less as missions, and more as rewards for veteran players that they gave out as missions.
NotSid (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-09T00:47:40.776+0000) > > Having grown up in the late seventies/early eighties, I can't ever seem to recall a time when my 2600 or NES ever gated content away from me if I didn't either grind for it or open up my wallet. Back then, expansion packs were essentially a whole extra game added on to the base game, sometimes in the very literal sense like with Sonic & Knuckles.
> [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WEElrMjx,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-11-09T00:53:55.341+0000) > > Back then, expansion packs were essentially a whole extra game added on to the base game, sometimes in the very literal sense like with Sonic & Knuckles. Oh, but I thought we were making tired, pointless analogies based on NES era stuff?
NotSid (NA)
: Remember the days when people played games because they were fun?
Having grown up in the late seventies/early eighties, I can't ever seem to recall a time when my 2600 or NES ever gated content away from me if I didn't either grind for it or open up my wallet.
Kartagia (EUNE)
: I call for 1 month strike of supports to make community see how important we are
> [{quoted}](name=Kartagia,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0zioJQH8,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-07T08:49:02.856+0000) > I got 14 day suspension due trolling again as off-meta supporting No, you didn't. Post your reform card, in its entirety.
scazzman (NA)
: there's a couple reasons they don't do that. A. it goes against player privacy B. it could lead to witch hunts, or worse. trophy collecting.
> [{quoted}](name=scazzman,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OX7J1wRK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-01T18:53:46.061+0000) > > there's a couple reasons they don't do that. > > A. it goes against player privacy > > B. it could lead to witch hunts, or worse. trophy collecting. Trophy collecting? So what? You aren't supposed to be doing the sort of thing that would get you "collected" in the first place.
DtimeD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cJkwzXu3,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2017-09-26T21:26:55.113+0000) > > No, I'm implying that his nationality leaves him with exactly zero room to feign ignorance regarding anti-Semitic/Holocaust vitriol. You do realize he's probably not a 90 year-old Nazi and that he had nothing to do with those acts, right?
> [{quoted}](name=DtimeD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cJkwzXu3,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-27T01:45:00.160+0000) > > You do realize he's probably not a 90 year-old Nazi and that he had nothing to do with those acts, right? And this has what to do with anything I said?
DtimeD (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Doc Robot,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cJkwzXu3,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-09-26T19:44:05.981+0000) > > Yes, I honestly think so. There is a line you can cross where Riot just doesn't even consider you worth redemption and cleanly boots you out. This is clearly what's happened here, and I can see why. Not only were the comments absolutely fucking vile, they were racist, anti-Semitic, and poking fun at one of the ugliest events in 20th century history. And I hate to be the guy to say it, but the OP is German. Just saying. You're implying he should be held more accountable for anti-semitic comments because he's German?
> [{quoted}](name=DtimeD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cJkwzXu3,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2017-09-26T20:57:30.498+0000) > > You're implying he should be held more accountable for anti-semitic comments because he's German? No, I'm implying that his nationality leaves him with exactly zero room to feign ignorance regarding anti-Semitic/Holocaust vitriol.
DtimeD (NA)
: You guys honestly thinks this warrants an instant perma ban? What's wrong with all of you. Seven years of his life/childhood gone for saying one bad thing? Seriously? Have some sympathy, he had no warnings.
> [{quoted}](name=DtimeD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cJkwzXu3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-09-26T16:54:25.566+0000) > > You guys honestly thinks this warrants an instant perma ban? What's wrong with all of you. Seven years of his life/childhood gone for saying one bad thing? Seriously? Have some sympathy, he had no warnings. Yes, I honestly think so. There is a line you can cross where Riot just doesn't even consider you worth redemption and cleanly boots you out. This is clearly what's happened here, and I can see why. Not only were the comments absolutely fucking vile, they were racist, anti-Semitic, and poking fun at one of the ugliest events in 20th century history. And I hate to be the guy to say it, but the OP is German. Just saying.
: I didnt excpect to get banned permanent.
> [{quoted}](name=Stoffsmaik,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=cJkwzXu3,comment-id=0000000100030000,timestamp=2017-09-26T16:34:00.966+0000) > > I didnt excpect to get banned permanent. You didn't expect to get permabanned for racial slurs and Holocaust jokes? Really?
: Stoffsmaik: was willst du lol Stoffsmaik: komm herold Stoffsmaik: den ficken wir (everything to this is not to them, line above "go herold" here I say "lets f*ck him up which was meant to the herold) Stoffsmaik: halt dein maul du kleiner neger (shut the hell your mouth you little n**) Stoffsmaik: iks deh (XD in german) Stoffsmaik: genauso wie du (just like you) Stoffsmaik: iks deh (XD again) Stoffsmaik: kleine juden (little jew) Stoffsmaik: jewjew makes the train to ausschiwtz (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbFmySMjV0) Stoffsmaik: they going to a trip to a place called auschwitz IT IS SHOWER TIME little jews rein (look line above) Stoffsmaik: komme ausm krankenhaus du %%%%%% ( i came out of the hospital you n**)(remember I had a car crash^) Stoffsmaik: komm mich besuchen (come visit me) Stoffsmaik: dann machen wir heissens schwulenseks (then we do hot gaysex) Stoffsmaik: oh ye boy (oh ye boy) Stoffsmaik: steck ihn rein (insert it in ) Stoffsmaik: lenr englisch kleiner türke (learn english little turkey) Stoffsmaik: japaner? (japanese) Stoffsmaik: %%%%%%%%%%% tai wang (i actually dont speak japanese) Stoffsmaik: they called me a jew
Holy shit, dude. Yeah, there's really no question why this was a one game permaban.
: Perm banned, PLEASE HELP!
This thread needs more chatlogs. Or any, really.
Windoges (NA)
: Instead of slapping CDR to Frost Queen's and Frostfang to match it with coin..
Wait a minute. Riot is seemingly listening to the constant community rallying cry about "buffing up around an OP item instead of nerfing the offending item into the dirt" and we're upset about this?
: Now Perma-Banned
This thread is bullshit without chat logs. That is all.
: Can we have bigger penalties for players that harass others in game?
Nope. That would adversely affect Riot's income, and that is _never, ever_ going to happen.
: Is this game truly banworthy?
Well, Riot? Did this guy get banned for this one game?
Nirvoy (NA)
: Hmm, interesting. I don't see a riot flair besides your name.
The chat restriction didn't give you a clue?
: Banned
Time to post those chat logs.
Keyru (NA)
: Boards Moderation Discord Verification
: Why do antagonists always go unpunished?
Because antagonists are spending the same money you are.
: I am not having a good day something I invested a whole lot of time and energy into is taken from me today with no good reason, it makes an already unstable psycho like me wanna seek revenge, especially on Riot
So now a Rioter is going to be along shortly to ban your posting privileges as well. Not really worth it, man. At this point, I get that you're just joking around with the fake chat log, the $2000 acct, the threats, etc. but I don't think Riot is going to take it that way.
: Threatening to AFK isn't bannable!! Despite what the chat said I still played my best and did the best, so it's irrelevant what I "threatened" to do cause it was a clear lie
> [{quoted}](name=Ansatsukage,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EAxROKYl,comment-id=0007000000010000,timestamp=2017-05-18T20:34:38.125+0000) > > Threatening to AFK isn't bannable!! Except that it is.
: Game 1 Ansatsukage: The fuck are you doing Ansatsukage: Thresh/Blitz mid Ansatsukage: Seriously fuck you dumb fucks Ansatsukage: I'm about to afk Ansatsukage: It blows my mind that you ganks a 0/1 lane Ansatsukage: Literally blows my mind that you have the time to do that Ansatsukage: Shut up Ansatsukage: Nooo Ansatsukage: I didn't wanna waste flash Ansatsukage: Whatever baddie Ansatsukage: Me Ansatsukage: The one that's better than you at this game Ansatsukage: in every way? Ansatsukage: me? Ansatsukage: what? Ansatsukage: Nah just shit at the game xD Ansatsukage: all skillshots isn't a challenge? Ansatsukage: You are dreaming kid Ansatsukage: You just have to hit E and you get the rest of your shit for fre Ansatsukage: HAHAHAHA Ansatsukage: so tryhard Ansatsukage: You pissed away your shit Ansatsukage: For no objectives Ansatsukage: Nothing Ansatsukage: A cheap kill thatyou don't deserve Ansatsukage: Grats Ansatsukage: That's cause I went top Ansatsukage: Not because of your idiotic "play" Ansatsukage: Sure do Ansatsukage: For what? Ansatsukage: You're so dumb Ansatsukage: I have done nothing wrong Ansatsukage: Being toxic to the enemy isn't reportable Ansatsukage: You idiots Ansatsukage: You are all testing me Ansatsukage: All of you Ansatsukage: So if I get reported Ansatsukage: All they will see is you idiots baiting me Ansatsukage: HAHAHAHA Ansatsukage: So tryhard it's unbelievable Ansatsukage: 5 ults down guys Ansatsukage: YOU DID IT YOU DID IT Ansatsukage: I'm sorry for being toxic to you guys Ansatsukage: I figure if you wanted me to stop you would have said so Ansatsukage: Instead of being twice as toxic back Ansatsukage: Okay Ansatsukage: You are obviously a desperate troll Ansatsukage: So go for it Ansatsukage: Nothing fake..just facts Ansatsukage: is that u madlife Ansatsukage: Uhh no Ansatsukage: Haven't done anything reportable whatsoever Ansatsukage: Calling you stupid unfortunately for you isn't bannable Ansatsukage: No I'm not Ansatsukage: Shut up Ansatsukage: GG Ansatsukage: I love how I'm all you can think about and talk about Ansatsukage: Because you're so obsessed with me Ansatsukage: I'm so skilled you guys are rallying like I'm a boss fight Ansatsukage: Love the obsession with me Game 2 Ansatsukage: the fuck Ansatsukage: yw Ansatsukage: Giving you a free kill Ansatsukage: If you had a brain you coulda saved me too Ansatsukage: stfu! Ansatsukage: You are dumb Ansatsukage: Doing drag with no vision Ansatsukage: Akali fuck yourself pussy Ansatsukage: yw for carrying you Ansatsukage: Jeez I'm sorry guys Ansatsukage: Akali you are toxic Ansatsukage: And quite literally horrible at the game Ansatsukage: But I'm not gonna let you get me so mad I get reported Ansatsukage: Just gonna mute you and move on Ansatsukage: Telling a toxic kid to fuck himself isn't reportable Ansatsukage: It's just a momentary lapse in judgment Ansatsukage: nice work fellas Ansatsukage: king kali Ansatsukage: close 1 ak Ansatsukage: gg
> [{quoted}](name=Ansatsukage,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EAxROKYl,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2017-05-18T20:28:33.942+0000) > > Ansatsukage: Telling a toxic kid to fuck himself isn't reportable Man, you could not have been any more wrong if you tried.
: Sure but a perma ban where nothing I said was even remotely as bad as it could have been and the frequency of it is incredibly low is the most idiotic thing I've ever fucking seen
Why is it so difficult to just treat people with respect?
: How to report someone for extreme racism in post game lobby?
You don't. Riot doesn't accept disciplinary reports via the support ticket system and pre/post game chat are, for whatever reason, not monitored. The old Riot excuse for this was a technical limitation in the client, IIRC. I have no idea if the new client is capable of this, but I'm willing to bet not as I seem to recall Phreak mentioning on stream not too long ago that your best option was to submit a report the normal way and make sure to write in the box that the offending chat happened in pre/post game. It doesn't actually do anything, but his reasoning for this was that if enough people report the player in question for pre/post game chat, that the system would eventually trigger a manual review.
: Why is Ezreal such a popular pick for marksman?
I have no idea. He's currently sitting at a 46% win rate and an almost 29% pick rate in Plat or higher games. I'd imagine it's his kit. He's a pretty safe pick, which might explain his popularity.
: PSA: I'm not going to go support Rakan just becuase you picked Xayah ADC...
I am. I'm kinda excited that I'm going to have a new support pick that seems pretty decent, but also has deliberate synergies with a specific ADC.
: Reports haven't lost weight since the instant feedback system was put in place. It's actually really simple. if (reports > 0) { review(); }
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9VrUtrJo,comment-id=0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-27T18:28:29.209+0000) > > Reports haven't lost weight since the instant feedback system was put in place. > > It's actually really simple. > > if (reports > 0) { > review(); > } Can I report you for not using Allman indenting?
Xesx (NA)
: IM PERMA BANNED?!?!?!???
Nah, I don't think I buy this. Who hijacks an account to spend their own money on it?
: @Riot NaKyle I've worked in this industry for years. I've had my time with Riot Games; I will preface this by saying that I am no longer member of their staff. I don't care if I get reprimanded for this by the staff because this needs to be said. You all need to get your collective heads out of your arses and actually come together and create a stance on this that is UNIVERSAL AND APPLIES TO ALL LEVELS AND LOCALS FOR THIS GAME. It should be pretty clear cut by the language in the TOS. All of player support should have to know a lot about the TOS, I know this because it's basically the player support bible for how to deal with situations of PLAYER A reporting PLAYER B for whatever action they were taking in game. I know support gets bombarded with player requests for bans to take place for actions and the system should be much more clear cut and transparent as to when bans are handed down or not. The biggest problem with how this has been handled is that the language in the TOS is ambiguous at best and it really shouldn't be that open ended in this case. I suggested that a system be put into place when I was there. It might sound familiar to you: A player calling out into chat for another player to get "reported" should always be classified as player harassment for two reasons: 1) **IT IS HARASSMENT regardless of the content of the message**. It is harassing to the targeted player and to the other team to have another player disrupt the flow of the game with negative chat like this in the ALL CHAT. Even if what they said was not offensive to the player, ALL CHATTING "REPORT PLAYER X" is distracting and can even change the way players are acting in the game (i.e., cause a team to target player X because they now know the harassing player will not support them). Regardless of the content of the message it still shows a clear cut lack of unity on the teams behalf and CAN AND WILL ALWAYS effect the game, regardless of the fact that the messages content is or is not defamatory. 2) **IT IS NOT NECESSARY for more than one player in the game to report another player for any reportable offense.** The Instant Feedback system was designed to automatically detect if a report was needed or not and as you yourself stated: **ONLY NEEDS ONE PLAYER TO REPORT ANOTHER PLAYER FOR IT TO KICK INTO ACTION**. The act of calling out another player to be reported is not necessary in any way shape or form for this to happen, therefore the act of doing this should be classified as negative and defamatory behavior regardless of the nature of the message be it "Report PLAYER X, they AFK'ed" or "Report PLAYER X, they're a (FILL IN RACISIT/DEROGATORY TERM HERE)." Harassment of another player should always be taken as a punishable offense, regardless of how slight it is; a lightly toxic offense allowed, leads players into being more toxic in nature in the future and should be squashed at the start, not when it gets bad enough to ban them for it. Riot should be more willing to issue chat restrictions to get their point across on this and the complete lack of action in attempting to usurp this type of behavior is appalling. It should be that they take action on these lower offenses with lower punishments to make the player understand that they are being watched and that this type of thing, **WHILE NOT BANNABLE** can result in action being taken against them. This was discussed at length in the past while such an issue had come up and we had decided that this should be the stance, but it was never approved by anyone as an official standpoint (**BUT SHOULD HAVE BEEN**). This is why Riot Husker had made the comment that he had made because that was intended to be the stance across the board and it just wasn't put into place. And I am sorry, > When we think about updates to Instant Feedback, we think about solving problems that really distract you from what matters: Winning the game. And this issue just doesn't chart that high. It's very clearly understood that this effects the low tiered levels of game at its very core. All games where this happens it effects the outcome almost 100% of the time and I don't think I could possibly sit here (being locked into bronze as I am) and watch a member of the player support team come onto the forums and try to tell me that it doesn't effect the game when it is very clearly known throughout all of the support staff (and the player base) that it does. There wouldn't have been need to comment on this (by Riot Husker) if it didn't. I have honestly off and on seen this behavior in game and warned people about doing this because it's a distraction and negatively effects team unity 100% of the time that it happens. Players can attempt to try to fix the issue and solve the problem in game **BUT EVEN THAT IS A DISTRACTION FROM WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO: WIN THE GAME**, and you can not say that it is not harder to CS as an ADC when you have to chat to your team to get them to stop flame warring each other. It is a distraction 100% of the time, and it should be reportable 100% of the time. We had even discussed ways to warn players about these sorts of things; the in game pop up box that warns players that their actions had been reviewed and action had been taken against their account, should be good enough. Most times players that see that go "oh shite" and stop acting this way. Players also receive a box to let them know when a report has had action taken upon those whom they had reported, which is good feedback for the people who are reporting these kinds of behaviors to let them know, "Hey, we actually do care that you care about this too." I know that the new client doesn't have this feature working (from what I understood) and it needs to be a higher priority because the feedback system needs to let the community know when it's actually doing work for them. I am sorry if I come across rude or pissed off about this (honestly I actually am kind of pissed off about this) but there needs to be a single statement by Riot Games in regards to this. Not a forum post by a somewhat misleading Riot Staff member that hadn't bothered to research the topic or to look over what their own co-workers had previously stated in the past. This comment makes Riot Husker (whom I have great respect for) look like he was talking out of his ass. It shows a very clear cut lack of a unified approach to player support and only serves to make Riot Games as a whole look bad to the community. You guys need to get your act together. Honestly if I were Riot NaKyle's supervisor I would advise him to delete this post and possibly tell him never to post on the topic again unless told to by the higher ups. All you've served to do here is make yourself look like you don't know what you are talking about OR at best, make Riot Husker look like he didn't know what he was talking about. Get your act together and finally address the issue with a well thought out and clear cut answer. Make it **THE RIOT GAMES OFFICIAL STANDPOINT** and go from there. And someone, please revoke Riot Draggles's posting rights. He basically trolled on another staff members post and didn't actually bother to add anything useful or insightful to the conversation besides calling the community "Sheep". If I were their super I'd write him up for that... I like League of Legends, I like the League of Legends community (as a whole), I enjoy playing the game and it's a great way to relax after a shite day at work. TLDR: Riot needs to have an Official standpoint on this.. not a bunch of blathering idiots making comments that are the opposite of each other... {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> [{quoted}](name=Gene Hikaze,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PzY1ArN3,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2017-03-29T14:51:09.677+0000) > TLDR: Riot needs to have an Official standpoint on this.. not a bunch of blathering idiots making comments that are the opposite of each other... The problem is that it wouldn't matter even if they did take your advice. Actual toxicity runs rampant in this game, and it's allowed to fester -- ruining countless games -- until it's finally dealt with. **If** it's dealt with. The system they have now isn't enforced with any rhyme or reason, so why adopt another one? Just to be ignored like the current? The report system is about as transparent as mud, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to take a look at a player's match history from a third party site to see that reports, by and large, do absolutely nothing. Everything but the most absolutely egregious offenses are handwaved off by Rioters as a player just "having a bad day." Or that players simply "aren't reporting toxicity when they see it." These are both dismissive and disingenuous. If this were up to me (and be truly thankful it isn't), you'd be on at least a chat restriction **the first time** the automated system correctly tagged you. Things would get worse for you **every single time** thereafter. Of course, there's about a 0% of this ever happening, as it would seriously affect the bottom line over at Riot, despite claims that toxic players are somehow this rare and completely insignificant percentage of the community. If that's really the case (and let's be honest, it isn't) then it should be no trouble whatsoever to quickly remove them with little to no repercussions on the greater community at large, the game itself, or Riot's wallet.
Leichy (EUNE)
: Maybe they'll realize they suck and stop playing ranked for a while :)
But you know they won't. They're just going to report you and queue up again. Again, the only thing I see anyone gaining from this is an account suspension.
Dionesus (NA)
: Well I mean people deserve the truth and if you are 1-11...the truth is that you suck. Plz don't defend people that don't deserve to be defended. If some one tells you that you suck and you played poorly...plz just keep your mouth shut and take it. For every action, there is a reaction. If you don't like the reaction...plz stop doing the action. It's quite simply.
This doesn't make much sense, though. Even if you really feel that people deserve the truth, what do you hope to possibly gain by telling them? They're not going to magically start playing better, and there's a very high probability they're going to start playing worse and/or trolling. You're drastically reducing any chance you have of pulling out a win, and it's already looking bad with a 1-11 player, so why screw it further? Really, the only thing I can see you "gaining" by doing this is an account suspension. Not much of a gain. I'd be more focused on thinking about what I was going to do to salvage the match.
: It's time for a round of "What will Riot do?"
To the Yasuo? Nothing at all. Trolling is fine and isn't punishable, same goes for intentional feeding or giving game information in chat. He's safe on all those counts. You, on the other hand, are skirting dangerously close to at least a chat restriction, as calling for reports _is_ actually punishable, as is any other manner of negative reaction to trolling in chat. Also, someone is going to find a way to make your screenshot "naming and shaming" despite names being censored. Ruining a game is usually pretty safe. Reacting negatively to having your game ruined usually isn't.
NutPantz (NA)
: I kinda wanna see Riot Lyte's take on this..
> [{quoted}](name=NutPantz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jFolJ59G,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-03-13T14:45:04.503+0000) > > I kinda wanna see Riot Lyte's take on this.. Good luck with that, as it's been quite a long time since Lyte's employment with Riot Games ended.
smfh (NA)
: Ping Issue (HELP)
Exact same issue here, with the exact same ISP. AT&T in Mishawaka, Indiana (greater South Bend area, about an hour and a half east of Chicago, Illinois) and I've had a steady ping of 94 all day. I'm usually at 36ms steady. |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 192.168.1.254 - 0 | 21 | 21 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | |xx-xxx-xx-x.lightspeed.sbndin.sbcglobal.net - 0 | 21 | 21 | 20 | 57 | 204 | 31 | | No response from host - 100 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 76.213.32.36 - 58 | 7 | 3 | 0 | 21 | 22 | 21 | | No response from host - 100 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 12.83.45.141 - 0 | 21 | 21 | 20 | 28 | 63 | 25 | | ggr1.attga.ip.att.net - 0 | 21 | 21 | 48 | 55 | 89 | 50 | | 206.121.10.38 - 6 | 18 | 17 | 48 | 54 | 85 | 49 | | 104.160.135.35 - 0 | 21 | 21 | 48 | 56 | 91 | 48 | | ae32-br02.chi01.riotdirect.net - 0 | 21 | 21 | 62 | 69 | 104 | 63 | | ae1-br01.chi01.riotdirect.net - 0 | 21 | 21 | 62 | 70 | 105 | 63 | | 104.160.131.1 - 0 | 21 | 21 | 62 | 69 | 103 | 62 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
Eiliveron (EUW)
: Most unfair perma ban ever?
Now can you go ahead and post **ALL** of your reform card chatlogs?
: Did you even bother to actually think about WHY I was building it. There is a REASON I chose the items I did. But that doesnt matter to you. God people like you make me SICK. You act like there is only ONE right path. You dont even ASK what the intention was. And yeah, When I have teammates who dont know what the damn MAP is, Ignore pings on it. Yeah< I am gonna blame them. And again, I die because I am focused on trying to get my adc fed, But I get the ones who ignore a stun, ignore a root, or a leash down to last hit while they got thier finger jammed up thier nose. So why dont you go deal with that swelled head up your backside first. Get some air, then come back.
> [{quoted}](name=Damagefox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=gGvxmg5X,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-12-08T12:48:22.426+0000) > > Did you even bother to actually think about WHY I was building it. Explain yourself, then. Why did you build it?
: > [{quoted}](name=Commbustion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xqEmmVxB,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-07-30T01:18:31.118+0000) > > If you think even one of these isn&#x27;t a good idea or can be abused then tell me how. Or tell my why the ideas are shit. Don&#x27;t just say &quot;whatever you tell yourself man&quot; If you think something I said isn&#x27;t true then tell me how it isn&#x27;t true. You can&#x27;t just say stupid shit and disagree without proving your point in the slightest and without any evidence. &quot;whatever you tell yourself&quot; Isn&#x27;t a counter argument I would, but it's not worth my time to argue with a baby raging 12 year old. If you wanna have people take you seriously or have a serious conversation about ranked try leaving out the shit-talking, pseudo-intellectual, internet warrior bullshit.
No, seriously, explain why any of his ideas are wrong. Don't hide behind disingenuous accusations. I thought a couple of his ideas were fairly good, but I'd like to know why they can't/won't work.
: Well... people are usually annoying when they are drunk, and may play poorly as well. Maybe they are making the statement in good faith with the team?
The problem is that they're not actually drunk, or high, or inebriated at all. It's just a preemptive excuse because they know, or strongly suspect, they're going to do poorly in the upcoming match. Same goes with all the fake "lag" out there... "zomg gaiz i'm laggin so hard rite nao lol" *proceeds to deliberately disconnect from game to make it look legit* And when they come back a few minutes later, if the team has somehow managed to turn around a 4v5 the "lag" is magically gone, and if they haven't it's usually about another minute or two before the "lag" causes them to "disconnect" again, permanently this time.
Jayjayko (EUW)
: Agreed. I've been asking for ages now for an option to -not- be matched with premades, especially on my own team, simply because I cannot stand the harassment they think they can get away with by being the majority in the team. I especially hate how they simply discuss amongst themselves any battle plan (fuck pings right?) since they can just speak to each other on skype group chat or heck are probably sitting in the same room.
Show more

Doc Robot

Level 124 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion