Rioter Comments
Gliave (OCE)
: I referenced Zoe because she got buffed before release and was broken. She was also an example. irelia I dont give a shit about because Riot is milking that bitch soo hard for money due to her supposed "skill" cap. Kayn was not broken on release btw it;s just people going OMG BROKEN AF BUILD ON KAYN NEVER SEEN BUILD BEFORE OOOFF OOOOF, Kai'sa is in the same situation as Irelia and same as Akali. Either way, we can not assume that if 1000 people on PBE say Katarina is now OP that it is completely broken. You have to remember that only a small population of players are able to play on the PBE test client and just assuming that everything should be fixed it is unacceptable. Things such as the new Rune shard changes could somehow make Volibear 100% broken. It would be impossible to identify that on PBE unless someone randomly comes across it. Its when it's released to live servers where a larger population of players starts playing different champs ranging from bronze rank to challenger.
It's so simple to look at something new and immediately tell what champion has a stupid amount of synergy with that item/rune. It's not people randomly coming across these things, they're abusing their broken system of "balance" and have been for 2+ years now. And saying that just because there a is a very small number of PBE players doesn't excuse the fact that they are still going to gather data. Data is data, small numbers or not. If smaller companies can balance their games correctly around their even smaller playerbase then I'm 100% certain that Riot is capable of doing that with the supposed biggest game in the world (aside from Fortnite); That's like saying that only because a small percentage of players are abusing int Sion that its not a problem, and have you played against that shit? "I'll just build full HP tank and do more damage than anyone" And why? Because of his W's synergy with the new Resolve tree. It's that simple. They make such an unbelievable amount of cash off of this game, and that's why this shit is unacceptable. And Kayn was fine yeah, it was drain tank Rhaast that was and still is the problem. Drain tanks are not and will never be a healthy aspect of this game.
: A few questions from a Dota 2 player about game balance
They have no idea how to balance this game, forget it and go play Dota. League isn't even worth it anymore. This coming from someone who has played this game almost religiously over the past 4 years, not to mention spent 1k+ plus on it. Game is shit now. Wish I could learn Dota
Gliave (OCE)
: You do have a point although "Not enough data" is a valid excuse in this situation. Firstly not everyone plays on the test server. We can not assume that from a small population of players that this specific champion is broken and that this champion this buffs or needs be removed. It's only when people start posting complaints and YouTubers click baiting YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW BROKEN MORDEKAISER IS!!!!. It is 100% easier for Riot to put it on live servers, collect data from a significantly larger population of players across all servers (Oceana, Korea, America) and determine from there whether it needs changes. Majority of the time most things that are released are trash and take time to get used to with the exception of Dark Harvest changes and the release of Zoe...... Off topic* Riot likes to pretend to nerf champions so they can milk them for money through skins and nerf them to shit.
That mentality is what got this game is this unplayable state in the first place. Why bring untested balance into live servers? It makes zero sense. For instance, when Electrocute was initially released it had 50 base damage at level 1(not taking scaling into account). Guess what else did? Dark Harvest, except you don't even have to hit combos to proc it, literally braindead/uninteractive rune that does nothing but pump more damage into this already damage soaked meta. THEY DO NOT THINK. It's dumb and we're all sick of this shit. "Majority of the time most things that are released are trash and take time to get used to with the exception of Dark Harvest changes and the release of Zoe......" So we shouldn't talk about {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:84}} or maybe I should list a few items to remind you {{item:3095}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3814}}. With the exception of niche stuff, and awkward/strange play-styles that actually take practice{{champion:266}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:268}} you can expect the same shit from everything new that they introduce. EDIT: Oh and I forgot Conqueror, who even thought that was a good idea in the first place??? 20% true damage AND bonus AD all for being in combat, wonderful. Because true damage has so much counterplay.
Gliave (OCE)
: If I'm correct (I'm probably wrong) the main PBE server is located in North America and as Hayaishi said It simply doesn't generate enough data to balance around it. You have to remember that there is one server and there are multiple regions playing the game. People who live in Oceana will get around constant 200 ping while playing on it and those who live in Russia, Korea or other may have similar issues. People also have to be legible to play on PBE as well an Honor 2 account and other. The community is very split when comes to this and as Haya said, this affects the data.
"Not enough data" is literally just an excuse. It doesn't take that much to come to a conclusion. Anyone can read patch notes and blatantly tell that Riot has no idea how to balance this game.
: It simply doesn't generate enough data to balance around it.
Not an excuse, data is data. Doesn't take 100k+ daily to see that it was was overtuned at launch and still is. They just don't care.
Rioter Comments
: I've finally given up on Riot Games
Shit company that abandoned it's real player-base for LC$
BradNo (NA)
: What about AP champs?
Rune changes will fix them, AP is generally just gonna be bursty so just try and make sure they each have reasonable counterplay and you're good. EDIT: Forgot all about stacking pen, make {{item:3165}} just a grievous wounds item. They dont need flat pen with those kinda damage numbers. Nerf {{item:3020}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: 1. IDK what your first point means. Anything lower than plat doesnt have its win rate effected by whether or not there is counter play to it, its based off it not requiring alot of teamwork or skill to pull off. Anything especially below gold is to messy to have anything balanced off of what happens there, you should move that complaint to things should not be balanced around LCS where teams are expected to the cohesive. 3. On IE, a passive like that is kind of integral to scaling, which is what an adc is suppose to be about. It has to be something or you'd literally be killing all crit based adc's. 4. You would have to elaborate on the true damage complaint, toxic and anti-fun are buzz words people are using on forums alot now as placeholders for actual thought out reasons. The new IE changes to add true damage are to replace the obvious huge damage nerf crit adc's will get from not having the bonus dmg, it's actually a direct response to what people are bitching about on the forums. Crit adc's will do less "burst" damage to squishies with their crits while still doing damage to tanks, if you did one without the other, no one in the game would be able to reasonably deal with tanks, except the champs with %hp damage. 6. This one doesnt make much sense, are you saying you want there to literally be two ghostblades?. 7. This is already what they're doing, but plz stop using the term "anti-fun" many people found old gangplank and mord fun back when they were one dimensional. 10. Also extremely vague and unthought out. Are you saying raise death timers? Because that would be awful. 11. Every person who has played this game for along time would adamantly fight this idea and many would probably quit if the bounty system were anymore fucked than it already is. Its already at the point where if you're carrying your team, one death can cost you game. 12. They practice on the live servers... and people want to watch pro's playing LEAGUE at the tournaments, not some spoofed version. And this would require twice as much patching/updating. 13. Why? Some of these things are copy and pasted idea's I've seen a ton of times already on the boards. Some of these like the CDR thing everyone knows is a problem and is obvious. But most of this is just really unthought out and if you want taken seriously, you need to have a better idea of what you're talking about and provide more detail solutions. edit: I put the number of the point I was commenting on before each comment but... for some reason its showing up sequentially, dunno how to change it from doing that.
1. Believe it or not people below plat have brains too, they can figure out weaknesses and use them the same way a diamond player can. Everything is effected by counterplay, if something has a way it can be beaten then obviously thats going to have an affect on gameplay. What are you even saying? I'm saying that even though a champion may be at a 50% wr DOES NOT mean they're balanced. Stealth is something that definitely needs looked at here IMO as a big problem. 2. I'm saying don't give it to them for nothing, make it a scaling passive with time spent in combat and that would completely eliminate getting 2 shotted by any crit adc late game. I get they're supposed to scale, but why just give them that extra damage for nothing? Reward smart marksman players who actually know how to dps and position in a fight, instead of letting twitch basically insta kill you from stealth. 3. There is no reason for there to be true damage when {{item:3035}}, {{item:3034}}, and {{item:3135}} exist. Not even mentioning the items that have flat penetration. 4. Not at all, just an item that helps you to escape, maybe something that builds from {{item:3140}} and {{item:3134}}? Allowing whoever jumps in to possibly use a well timed {{item:3140}} to evade that dreaded CC and let you run away. 5. Edited that to make it reflect what I meant 6. Not at all, but maybe make consecutive minion deaths near you give bonus XP. Thus giving you a reason to play safer in lane without ruining your experience with a 30 sec death timer at lvl 7. Something like that 7. Then don't make the mistake of dying, if you're carrying then your team should be playing around you anyways. And that is incredibly not true, a measly 300 gold bounty amounts to barely anything in the long run since it's spread out among all 5 players. With good CS and lane presence, that 60 gold you got from that shutdown is worth less than a cannon minion. You're saying less than a cannon's worth of gold is enough to cost you the game? Right..... 8. Does basketball have the same rule set in the NBA and in high school? No they don't. They're professional for a reason. Imagine if there wasn't a shot clock at the NBA level. There's a reason every other professional sport has a different rule set at every level. 9. Counterplay EDIT: Just seen your edit, and yeah i was confused lol, but i think i got it.
Rioter Comments
: No game in history has ever recovered from the downward spiral of staleness. LoL is in a spot where its just a matter of time before the next ground breaking game steals all of its players. Were ALL waiting to get out of here.
It's not even the staleness that gets me, the 1 game out of 100 thats actually competitive and not a complete stompfest is so fucking fun, and i have no problem admitting that. It's just the other 99 are unbearably boring/frustrating. Either you're stuck waiting to ff(if you even can), or you end the game in 23 minutes with no problems. Neither of those are fun
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: need 1 more for flex add and pm me
: Well Assassins are supposed to be able to tower dive to an extent. The problem is that Tanks are also doing it without having to fear the towers at all, even less so than Assassins. And they can do that to invite their whole team. So % Health damage would make Towers more of an overall threat, but it would also secure that they don't be negligible just because a Tank has two Armor/Health items. So yeah, should encourage/discourage all the right things.
that was in addition to the damage already on turrets. %health plus flat(could nerf the flat a little to compensate)
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Kachomp (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dovahkiin416,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=KvivVMdg,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-29T23:23:58.655+0000) > > Second wind imo keeps you a lot healthier How much healing do you tend to get from it?
1000+ easily The only thing is you should be looking to skirmish as much as possible to take advantage of the regen
Kachomp (NA)
: Conditioning VS Second wind on junglers
Second wind imo keeps you a lot healthier
: who else struggles to get boxes cus they play less than 5 champs
As long as you cs well and don't feed it's really not that hard to get an S-
: Picking Ezreal is the equivalent of inting
He's fine just getting outclassed, nerf other overtuned carries and he'll be back to normal.
Rioter Comments
Ulanopo (NA)
: INTRODUCING "THE VERDICT"
Count me in :D (As long as I don't get punished for anything ;-;)
Psyrik (NA)
: i had a 58% win rate before my tilt streak and 3 with 60%+. feels bad. Silver 1 to Silver 3 is fun
> [{quoted}](name=CrossEffect,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=asxlXZHU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-31T14:43:59.046+0000) > > i had a 58% win rate before my tilt streak and 3 with 60%+. feels bad. > Silver 1 to Silver 3 is fun Your Yorick is pretty good. You playing anytime soon?
Rioter Comments
: as a gnar main I refuse to build frozen mallet just because of how stupid the item is to play against
League needs more people like you
: {{champion:122}} has clear weaknesses, being a _**THE**_ Juggernaut it's nearly impossible to 1 vs. 1 him with a melee champ. Depending on how fed/good he is he can even 3, 4, and 5 vs. 1. Depending on the enemy team comp. You should NEVER attempt to fight a Darius as a melee champion solo unless you are very far ahead. Being a Juggernaut, he has zero gap-closers aside from flash which has a very long cooldown. This makes him weak to ranged champions/being kited. Pick someone who out ranges him and you can force him out of lane as long as you can avoid his hook. If he even gets on you at all you should run, because he will 100-0 you with his combo. TL;DR Don't even try to fight him as a melee. Outrange him and poke him out of lane with someone like {{champion:126}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:8}} or {{champion:133}} and he will be useless later.
Also, if you ever have trouble against a champion. Play that champion. That's what I do, and that's how I learned how to play against Darius. There's nothing for frustrating to face a {{champion:150}} with first-item {{item:3022}} as {{champion:122}}...
xHAVOKxx (NA)
: Darius is not balanced
{{champion:122}} has clear weaknesses, being a _**THE**_ Juggernaut it's nearly impossible to 1 vs. 1 him with a melee champ. Depending on how fed/good he is he can even 3, 4, and 5 vs. 1. Depending on the enemy team comp. You should NEVER attempt to fight a Darius as a melee champion solo unless you are very far ahead. Being a Juggernaut, he has zero gap-closers aside from flash which has a very long cooldown. This makes him weak to ranged champions/being kited. Pick someone who out ranges him and you can force him out of lane as long as you can avoid his hook. If he even gets on you at all you should run, because he will 100-0 you with his combo. TL;DR Don't even try to fight him as a melee. Outrange him and poke him out of lane with someone like {{champion:126}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:8}} or {{champion:133}} and he will be useless later.
: Not placing wards as support should be reportable
Not warding in general should be reportable, it's just asking to lose. It's not only the supports job to ward.
: @Riot any plans for Teemo?
I feel like they should make his shrooms something other than just an annoyance, without having to build like full AP they really don't do much, especially with MR being so easily available now. The {{champion:42}} ammo system seems like it could be really good for him. Although I think a full scale rework on him would be appropriate to turn him into something people see as an actual champion, again, instead of an annoyance. BUT maybe he just has a high skill cap? I know going up against someone who actually knows how to play Teemo to his fullest potential is a literal nightmare. He's definitely something special, which is probably why Rito doesn't know what to do with him. ({{champion:99}} changes did go through btw)
Rioter Comments
: Nbn
Not familiar with them, I have Comcast(Xfinity) and I have the same issues. Your best bet would be to call them and speak with them about resolving it.
: Nice queue time you got there. https://i.gyazo.com/e04bc5b7b94c1fadccefcb9b4f0777bf.png May I join your misery?
Kill me EDIT: OH GOD I JUST REALISED THATS YOURS NOT MINE RIP
Rioter Comments
: pbe has it's own boards; but no, when I played PBE I waited 20mins for a ranked which never came. Blind and fun modes are the only reasonable way to play it.
Can you get me a link to it? I never knew that existed.
Rioter Comments
: Sometimes i'm unable to move my champion in game.
It's called "Packet Loss", basically when data is failed is be received on whichever end. It happens to me occasionally too. Who is your ISP?
: Fiora buff?
  Rioter Comments
Oatz (NA)
: How much LP do you gain per win?
Rioter Comments
Eedat (NA)
: BREAKING NEWS
This is the best thing I've ever read
Rioter Comments
Show more

Dovahkiin416

Level 131 (NA)