Azn Viet (NA)
: But why cant it say rent champion or rent skin, that would be much more representative of what is actually going on wouldnt you agree?
> [{quoted}](name=Azn Viet,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TnA9Qtks,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-03-20T04:35:58.924+0000) > > But why cant it say rent champion or rent skin, that would be much more representative of what is actually going on wouldnt you agree? Rent implies repeated payments, which isn't how the content is handled. Content is aquired by a one time payment per item per account. You could make a case for using the word "unlocked" instead, but not for "rent". Looking at screenshots, it seems like "unlock" was indeed the term used in the store.
: Remove Autofill, Remove Autofill, Remove Autofill, Remove Autofill.
Learn all roles. Learn all roles. Learn all roles. Learn all roles. Learn all roles. Because Autofill isn't going to go away so long as Role Selection is a thing.
: Could someone tell me how to block the Boards?
If you're looking to block it on both devices, then you'd probably want to look into filtering it at your WiFi router.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Dunk master Ivern...
There are 19 champions that haven't gotten a new skin since before Ivern was a champion. Let that sink in for a while...
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zheEAhMI,comment-id=0001000000000002,timestamp=2019-03-19T10:24:43.341+0000) > > League's user names are a joke step in security. 1/3 of the time they'll be the Summoner Name, 1/3 of the time they'll be the email address they signed up with. > > While the 4 words of entropy sounds good on paper, in practice it is less impressive. You cut down the dictionary to words most people will know, then you cut it down again to words people can spell easily (otherwise you've lost half the benefit of using words), then you cut it down yet again to make sure that every combination is less than 32 characters long (words less than 8 characters) so every website and service can store it. By the time you've done that, you're at the same strength as a 8-10 character traditional password (upper, lower, digit). > > You say it's easy to crack 2FA, but you forget (or don't know) that you've only got 1, *maybe* 2 attempts before the key is invalidated. It's a 1/1,000,000 shot ***added*** to cracking the password. > > ---- > > People aren't going to stop reusing passwords without resorting to other means of obtaining the password - either a password manager (which is only as secure as the password you seal that with) or writing it down (only as reliable as those around you). 2FA makes bad passwords *drastically* less bad to use by adding an extra step. You do a great job of breaking down why he's wrong, but its also worth noting that brute forcing is far from the only way to steal a password
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zheEAhMI,comment-id=00010000000000020000,timestamp=2019-03-19T13:56:01.774+0000) > > You do a great job of breaking down why he's wrong, but its also worth noting that brute forcing is far from the only way to steal a password You're absolutely right, there are other, more common ways to get passwords. But I believe he already categorized password reuse, phishing, and malware as "your problem, not Riot's". As a side note, I'm personally curious about the most common passwords. Since most websites only track failed login attempts per username, you could try logging in with the same password on many different accounts without issue. How many usernames do you think you would have to try before you found someone with the password "monkey" or "123456" or similar?
: What/who is fun to face on the rift?
Champions are fun to play against when they're of a similar power level as you, when it feels like it comes down to skill to win/lose against them instead of luck/whoever can burst first, and when it ~~doesn't~~ feels like you're on par with what you can do to outplay each other. *Every* champion should have something that makes them frustrating to play against, but if it feels like your only options are hope and pray they screw up then it's not a fun champ to play against.
Ephixus (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zheEAhMI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-19T00:18:12.295+0000) > > Honestly I have no idea why there's no form of verification like SMS or some kind of ID tied to the account. Like I'd have to go dig out credit cards to verify a purchase through Riot support to prove its me but if someone else used my account to be toxic they'd likely get away with it since they just refuse to revoke bans related to that. > > We'll never really know how often this happens since they just lockdown cases related to this and act like it doesn't happen. Blizzard doing this long time ago. Riot still havent implemented two-factor auth...
> [{quoted}](name=Ephixus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zheEAhMI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-03-19T09:23:24.726+0000) > > Blizzard doing this long time ago. Riot still havent implemented two-factor auth... It took them how many years to make the website and Boards mobile friendly? 4? 5? More? Riot isn't exactly good at keeping up with technology.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=AlvaaQ,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zheEAhMI,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-19T00:09:34.555+0000) > > Accounts can still be cracked no matter the difficulty of the pass and the precautions u take, at least with my solution we can know if theres been activity on our acc so that we can swiftly deal with the situation before any dmg is done. And do u know how hard it is to get on an account with randomised mobile verification? They are going to need to get your email pass aswell. They really can’t. Authentication requires username and password to be entered exactly. There is no manner to “crack” an account without knowing these two things - which would require brute force. A password with four random words, even if they’re all lowercase, has enough “entropy” to take **over 1000 years to crack using brute force**. Randomized mobile verification most commonly uses a 6 digit number, but sometimes an 8 or 4 digit number. 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 is only 1,000,000 - only one million choices to try and crack. That would take mere seconds on today’s computing power. So no, it’s not more secure than a secure password. The only way a password becomes insecure is through negligence - either via being gullible and falling for a phishing attempt, allowing a keylogger/other malicious software onto your computer, or otherwise.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zheEAhMI,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-19T00:20:05.139+0000) > > They really can’t. Authentication requires username and password to be entered exactly. There is no manner to “crack” an account without knowing these two things - which would require brute force. A password with four random words, even if they’re all lowercase, has enough “entropy” to take **over 1000 years to crack using brute force**. Randomized mobile verification most commonly uses a 6 digit number, but sometimes an 8 or 4 digit number. 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 * 10 is only 1,000,000 - only one million choices to try and crack. That would take mere seconds on today’s computing power. So no, it’s not more secure than a secure password. > > The only way a password becomes insecure is through negligence - either via being gullible and falling for a phishing attempt, allowing a keylogger/other malicious software onto your computer, or otherwise. League's user names are a joke step in security. 1/3 of the time they'll be the Summoner Name, 1/3 of the time they'll be the email address they signed up with. While the 4 words of entropy sounds good on paper, in practice it is less impressive. You cut down the dictionary to words most people will know, then you cut it down again to words people can spell easily (otherwise you've lost half the benefit of using words), then you cut it down yet again to make sure that every combination is less than 32 characters long (words less than 8 characters) so every website and service can store it. By the time you've done that, you're at the same strength as a 8-10 character traditional password (upper, lower, digit). You say it's easy to crack 2FA, but you forget (or don't know) that you've only got 1, *maybe* 2 attempts before the key is invalidated. It's a 1/1,000,000 shot ***added*** to cracking the password. ---- People aren't going to stop reusing passwords without resorting to other means of obtaining the password - either a password manager (which is only as secure as the password you seal that with) or writing it down (only as reliable as those around you). 2FA makes bad passwords *drastically* less bad to use by adding an extra step.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3qxq4fl,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-03-18T18:28:28.330+0000) > > What makes a superhero interesting is their weaknesses/shortcomings, and seeing them overcome that. Yes, it's awesome to see moments where their strengths shine, but those should serve to get them to the place where they're challenged. > > Superman's "oh, I can do that. I can do that too. I can also do this," is what makes him so uninteresting to me. His "weaknesses" are a Kryptonite (which why in the world does it seem like there's so much of this stuff on Earth?) and if he'll *chose* to do the right thing - a weakness he shares with *literally every hero*. As a result, he's pinned into one of three scenarios: Bad guy has green rock, Bad guy is even more super, or will Superman do the right thing yet again. > > Ultimately, any story that could be made staring Superman could be made even better if it stared literally any other hero. I would say that you force yourself somewhat into a corner with that definition of overcoming shortcomings. It´s a proven concept that already lays out the foundation for a potential character arc, producing very relatable characters, but it fails to encompass all the different ways from which such an issue can be tackled. You could have deconstructionist approaches similar to how inconceivable power and other tropes in battle shounen are portraited in One-Punch-Man or you could tell a more traditional story by focusing more on how this overpowered character affects his environment and how other characters react to that rather than how the overpowered character beats the bad guy, leaving room for more philosophical questions than practical ones. There are so many ways to incorporate an overpowered character into a story. Writers just have to make the effort to make the overpowered element are part of the story. What often happens is that a character is either intentional or unintentional made overpowered, while the overall plot is still designed as if the character was still the underdog or even worse when a character is deliberately made overpowered to create a lazy power fantasy where every character and every element of the story is designed to gush about how great, in most cases, the main protagonist is in the most self-indulging way possible cough..sword art online cough....just laughable. All in all, I find that stance a bit dismissive in the same way people often dismiss flat characters in favor of round ones, when in reality the former is not inferior to the latter, as they serve different purposes for different kinds of stories.
> [{quoted}](name=Dorans Pants,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=h3qxq4fl,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-03-18T20:38:21.497+0000) > > I would say that you force yourself somewhat into a corner with that definition of overcoming shortcomings. It´s a proven concept that already lays out the foundation for a potential character arc, producing very relatable characters, but it fails to encompass all the different ways from which such an issue can be tackled. What issue? There's no issue the Overpowered character can't tackle blindfolded. Without a weakness, and something exposing that weakness, any issue they face is as complicated as blinking. > You could have deconstructionist approaches similar to how inconceivable power and other tropes in battle shounen are portraited in One-Punch-Man One Punch Man only works because it showcases the tropes and laughs at them, because a lot of people can't take the original content seriously. > or you could tell a more traditional story by focusing more on how this overpowered character affects his environment and how other characters react to that rather than how the overpowered character beats the bad guy, leaving room for more philosophical questions than practical ones. By focusing on how the overpowered character affects their environment/others, you've resorted to telling the story from the characters with weaknesses instead of the one with the OP strengths. > There are so many ways to incorporate an overpowered character into a story. Writers just have to make the effort to make the overpowered element are part of the story. I agree that overpowered characters can be part of a story. I just think they're particularly well suited to being villains, because it makes them seem like the unbeatable obstacle that the hero must overcome. When the %%%%% in their armor is found, it's a moment for the hero to succeed. I don't think the equation works well when it's the overpowered hero that's repelling foes effortlessly and can't be overcome except by some rules that everyone knows. > What often happens is that a character is either intentional or unintentional made overpowered, while the overall plot is still designed as if the character was still the underdog or even worse when a character is deliberately made overpowered to create a lazy power fantasy where every character and every element of the story is designed to gush about how great, in most cases, the main protagonist is in the most self-indulging way possible cough..sword art online cough....just laughable. In my eyes, the difference between Superman and Sword Art Online is the theme and the background characters. Superman has *infinitely* better background characters, which do help the stories have some leg to stand on. Both rely on bland OP protagonists that I can't help but roll my eyes at. ----- If you've found Superman comics that have helped give you a different perspective on the hero, great. More power to you. But as someone who's only read a very few comics and seen very few cartoons/movies about the guy, he doesn't win any awards in my book.
: Why do people hate superman?
What makes a superhero interesting is their weaknesses/shortcomings, and seeing them overcome that. Yes, it's awesome to see moments where their strengths shine, but those should serve to get them to the place where they're challenged. Superman's "oh, I can do that. I can do that too. I can also do this," is what makes him so uninteresting to me. His "weaknesses" are a Kryptonite (which why in the world does it seem like there's so much of this stuff on Earth?) and if he'll *chose* to do the right thing - a weakness he shares with *literally every hero*. As a result, he's pinned into one of three scenarios: Bad guy has green rock, Bad guy is even more super, or will Superman do the right thing yet again. Ultimately, any story that could be made staring Superman could be made even better if it stared literally any other hero.
: autofill protection gone?
Could be a side effect of positional MMR. It's auto filling you (presumably to a weaker role), but it's picking easier opponents for you to play against.
: Yasuo, Veigar, or Leblanc?
I also recommend Veigar. Since you get more AP for CSing with Q, it helps you focus on last hits more, which will serve you well the higher you climb.
shemokk (EUW)
: Account banned
Your second chance was your 10 game chat restriction. Your third chance was your 25 game chat restriction. Your fourth chance was your 14 day ban. Your fifth chance is the new account you're playing on now. Anything that earns you a chat restriction will earn you a permaban if you keep doing it, and I agree with the system on this one. You really lost it in Game 1, and Game 2 wasn't much better. You were cruising for a punishment, and if you'd already had your 14 day ban (and hadn't shown enough evidence of changing your ways), that leaves only one punishment left for you. Also, I find this slightly ironic. > Shemok: rep akali x9 pls > Shemok: she will get perma ban
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ubPBAFkI,comment-id=00000000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-17T04:00:12.316+0000) > > And if they log into the email from an unrecognized location then email services can send warnings to backup accounts - such as those of family members. That still provides some heads up something is going on. > > As it stands right now, your only way to know your League account was compromised is to either religiously check your match history or sign in one day and see you've been banned for things you never said. That's not a Riot thing, that's an email thing. You're saying Riot should spend extra time and money to implement a system that relies on other companies keeping emails secure through their own policies. I'm not sure of any company that encourages using a family member as your backup - they certainly encourage a backup email of *yours* but not a family member. And most still allow the login, just send a notice, so it works be too late anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ubPBAFkI,comment-id=000000000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-17T04:38:32.919+0000) > > That's not a Riot thing, that's an email thing. It's an email chain that Riot would kick off by saying "hey, I just need to make sure this is really you." > You're saying Riot should spend extra time and money to implement a system that relies on other companies keeping emails secure through their own policies. I'm saying Riot should implement 2FA. If they do that with an app (LoL Friends) or a text message or an email, that should be up to the player opting in. > I'm not sure of any company that encourages using a family member as your backup - they certainly encourage a backup email of *yours* but not a family member. And most still allow the login, just send a notice, so it works be too late anyway. Gmail suggests either another email you own as the recovery email or the email of a family member. Yes, it doesn't stop the login, but at least you're aware something's going on a whole lot sooner than you are today. And again, email 2FA is the lowest common denominator. You seemed pretty upset at the idea of needing a phone to use a feature, I was simply pointing out there's an alternative to using a phone.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ubPBAFkI,comment-id=000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-03-17T03:15:00.401+0000) > > 2FA can also use an email account instead of an app, so if you can make a League of Legends account then you can use it. > > League is a game where people can *and do* spend hundreds of dollars. Riot spending a little bit of time catching up to 2015 security standards would only ease the minds of those willing to spend more. While that is true, it's generally accepted that TFA with email is virtually useless - if someone is stealing passwords from someone, they'd have the email password too most likely.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ubPBAFkI,comment-id=0000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-17T03:16:39.295+0000) > > While that is true, it's generally accepted that TFA with email is virtually useless - if someone is stealing passwords from someone, they'd have the email password too most likely. And if they log into the email from an unrecognized location then email services can send warnings to backup accounts - such as those of family members. That still provides some heads up something is going on. As it stands right now, your only way to know your League account was compromised is to either religiously check your match history or sign in one day and see you've been banned for things you never said.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ashborn2,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ubPBAFkI,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-16T23:02:39.383+0000) > > No, you're just injecting your own interpretation into my post. > > Having a strong password isn't a 100% guarantee that you're safe. I also find it very hard to believe that there are that many league players who don't have a mobile device of some sort. > > I paid 10 bucks for my battle.net physical authenticator, it paid for itself after watching several friends get their accounts compromised who did not own one or use the free mobile version. > > Besides, if you're like me and you like to purchase skins on occasion, 10 dollars really isn't that big of a deal since it wouldnt be a required thing to have anyway..literally nothing but good could come out of this. For your account to be compromised someone must know your password. The only way for that to happen is you to either be careless and have a weak password, or be careless and let it get hacked by phishing or a keylogger. You're asking for Riot to spend time and money implementing something that will never be *required* because many players just *can't* - doesn't matter what you find hard to believe, not everyone is as privileged as you. If it's optional, the very people it would help will be those least likely to use it, thus making it spending money from Riot for little or no benefit.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ubPBAFkI,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-16T23:08:34.322+0000) > > For your account to be compromised someone must know your password. The only way for that to happen is you to either be careless and have a weak password, or be careless and let it get hacked by phishing or a keylogger. > > You're asking for Riot to spend time and money implementing something that will never be *required* because many players just *can't* - doesn't matter what you find hard to believe, not everyone is as privileged as you. > > If it's optional, the very people it would help will be those least likely to use it, thus making it spending money from Riot for little or no benefit. 2FA can also use an email account instead of an app, so if you can make a League of Legends account then you can use it. League is a game where people can *and do* spend hundreds of dollars. Riot spending a little bit of time catching up to 2015 security standards would only ease the minds of those willing to spend more.
: I reported racist player and I got my account banned.
You weren't banned for reporting someone. If you want you can post your chat logs in Player Behavior and Moderation.
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: the hitbox should match the model, not the other way around.
Models change how much space they take up as they move around. So unless you think there should be some poses which are harder to hit than others, the hitbox will never match the model.
: I'm feeling quite sick, so I'm not even getting into the human trafficking part. That's going to be a much longer conversation than I want. Marketing by its very nature is manipulative. The point of marketing is to get people to spend their money. These are pretty much universal techniques used everywhere. Do you give out about every single television commercial you see? Are you upset that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser isn't actually magic? Do you get upset every time you see a limited time offer? I just don't get why this is the example that everyone gets worked up about, when we are bombarded with the exact same stuff on a daily basis, by every other company that exists.
There's a world of difference between marketing something and designing a system to entrap customers who engage in it. Any one point on it's own probably wouldn't be worth fretting over, but all of them combined is beyond what's acceptable.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GFmGict2,comment-id=00030000000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T22:35:03.013+0000) > > What stops the 30/0/0 player from considering you a troll? What prevents the duo from labeling you a troll *or* preventing your from enabling this friendly fire? > > Any system that could detect who the real troll was in game could be used to hit the troll with a ban, which would be far more effective and less likely to become a tool of the trolls. easy one way street friendly fire that tells them if someone is clearly leashing herald and assisting the enemy on basically pinging our teams locations. they gotta clearly say that they are helping the enemy therefore is helping them also. equals a 1 way street friendly fire for however the game lasts or till the majority says so its null.
As soon as you make it dependent on something they say they'll find another way to say it that doesn't trigger the system. And anything that requires a majority can be stopped or misused by a premade. Your one way friendly fire only makes things worse if the wrong person is being attacked.
: How so?
An extreme example that makes it really clear: human trafficking. Just because you don't support it and don't buy other people doesn't mean no one does, and so long as *anyone* buys the practice continues. My gripe with Prestige skin sales is how out right manipulative they are. You get points *only* for buying loot boxes, as oppose to any RP purchase. The random rewards of loot boxes start out pretty good, but progressively get worse as you increase your chances of duplicates - and that inconsistent payout basically makes it a Skinner Box. Then you've got the points themselves, which will expire Dec 31. Because they expire, people will feel pressured not to let the points they've accumulated go to waste, and will buy boxes, further pushing them into the Skinner Box system. Then there's the name swap. The first few Prestige skins had an element of "you worked for this" attached, which raises the perceived value in the eyes of players (since working for something is how you achieve success). They took the same name - with it's perceived value - and turned it into something only available for purchase. But they know they can't maintain that perceived value by keeping it as purchase only, so they have to alternate between purchase only and earned. And for all of that extreme manipulation, you get a white and gold chroma that color coordinates particles... Yeah, no. The practice needs to change.
: psssst. you dont have to buy it.
Pssst. Just because you don't buy something doesn't mean it's not problematic that it's for sale.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GFmGict2,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2019-03-15T20:27:58.539+0000) > > And what about the person that says "You all suck. You don't deserve to win. I'm 30/0/0, you're all less than that", then turns friendly fire on and starts spawn killing your team? im saying it as in the troll cant attack the team. but they can attack him why should one person destroy everyones fun. if you allowed 1 way street friendly fire on that person you can keep him out of the game as often as possible.
What stops the 30/0/0 player from considering you a troll? What prevents the duo from labeling you a troll *or* preventing your from enabling this friendly fire? Any system that could detect who the real troll was in game could be used to hit the troll with a ban, which would be far more effective and less likely to become a tool of the trolls.
Juice (EUNE)
: She can consistently sometimes 1v5 and 1v2 under the enemy tower by diving and only 2v5. I'm trying to claim only one Trust me, I main Vayne since season 2
> consistently sometimes You may be a Vayne main, but your reasoning/logic just took it's third silver bolt.
Juice (EUNE)
: Riot, if you nerf Vayne I am quitting the game
Your logic contradicts itself. > Vayne depends on the support, that's why I always have to duo with my 1 million mastery points Thresh partner > Vayne has 1% less win rate on top than she has as an ADC in bot lane, what does that tell us? These tell us that Vayne is only 1% less effective without a support, and can hold her own. > Vayne ... consistent ability to 1v5 (Riven comes close second) > Vayne has the potential to 1v5 at any given moment, but it doesn't always work out > She can be outplayed if she dives 1v2 > Vayne depends on the support Pick one. She can either consistently 1v5, sometimes 1v5, can occasionally 1v2, or can only 2v2. You're trying to claim all 4.
: > [{quoted}](name=Done25,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GFmGict2,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-15T19:37:48.857+0000) > > This would backfire in soooo many ways. not really if someone literally says "im gonna help the enemy team and feed them to end early because they deserve the win" the team should vote on allow attack X player for actually inting/assisting the enemy turning it into a 6v4.
And what about the person that says "You all suck. You don't deserve to win. I'm 30/0/0, you're all less than that", then turns friendly fire on and starts spawn killing your team?
: Post ITT and I'll tell you one thing I like and dislike about you.
Nerinel (NA)
: Why can't we outclude a role while filling, after support became more popular role?
Honestly, if someone is putting Fill primary, I see no reason why they can't decide to exclude a position. Worse case scenario they get auto filled into that position anyway if things are bad enough, but it would provide the "almost random" that Fill is in Blind Pick.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eGEAdAck,comment-id=00000003000100000001,timestamp=2019-03-14T18:43:18.685+0000) > > It's no more a "god complex" than stating that the vast majority of people who play this game have two working hands. Those who don't have two working hands and want to play help themselves, either by using special hardware to play the game or by figuring out other ways to work the controls - such as using their feet. > > What's worth noting about the difference between self-mute and accessibility features like colorblind mode is one *disables* your control while the other *enables* you. Just like Riot isn't going to add an option to remove your Minimap for the entire game, they're not going to add an option to prevent you from strategizing with anyone who will listen. More excuses trying to argue about something simple that would only net 2 results. Things wouldn't change or they would change for the better if implemented. You go to the extremes. I am not talking about extremes. I am talking about something simple. You do not care about helping people. Please refrain from arguing the empty point you are trying to make because whatever you need to tell yourself you are looking at it from one POV and that is your own. IE, GOD complex. What would be the harm in seeing what a simple implementation would do to possibly help people who are trying to help themselves? Nothing at all.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eGEAdAck,comment-id=000000030001000000010000,timestamp=2019-03-14T19:11:46.898+0000) > > More excuses trying to argue about something simple that would only net 2 results. Things wouldn't change or they would change for the better if implemented. You go to the extremes. I am not talking about extremes. I am talking about something simple. You do not care about helping people. Please refrain from arguing the empty point you are trying to make because whatever you need to tell yourself you are looking at it from one POV and that is your own. IE, GOD complex. More *reasons* why it wouldn't be a good idea, not excuses. Excuses are being used by those who don't want to be accountable. I'm all on board for changes that assist others who are in a different position than myself. I've always upvoted requests to add a visual indicator/toggle for Sion and Kled ults so those with hearing loss can know it's coming. I'm also in favor of adding another punishment between the first gameplay ban and a permaban, because I think some people don't take chat restrictions seriously enough and need the extra time to change. Don't assume because I disagree with you in this instance that I'm incapable of putting myself in someone else's shoes. > What would be the harm in seeing what a simple implementation would do to possibly help people who are trying to help themselves? > > Nothing at all. The harm is you're trapping them, locking them out of being able to offer anything to the team's strategy that isn't controllable via pings. Like I said earlier, the setting you're asking for isn't something you'd be able to turn on and off in game, because that requires the same amount of self control to operate as hitting the enter button. They could be matched with a friendly team they could get along with, but they won't be able to chat with them because that's a setting that would have to stay off for the entire duration of the match. I believe that long term it's in the best interest of the person to learn techniques to overcome their impulse to use chat negatively.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eGEAdAck,comment-id=000000030001,timestamp=2019-03-14T17:00:04.543+0000) > > I think you've got that reversed. Not pressing the enter key, exercising self control, is a solution that works for the *vast* majority of people. What we see are a few special outliers who either can't do that (a medical condition that makes them more impulsive) or won't do that. > > It's worth pointing out that this isn't at all like the mute button we have in game. You can toggle the mute button on and off in game as needed, checking if someone has cooled down, giving them a second chance, etc. What's being proposed is a complete lockout of your chat functionality. You couldn't have a toggle, because otherwise the same lack of self control that keeps you from hitting the enter button would have you disabling the toggle. As I have said already, people like yourself and the other person I responded to can't fathom the fact that not everyone is the same as you are. You both have a GOD complex and feel it necessary to share your meaningless excuses instead of actually helping those that don't act like you do. There is a simple fix that the OP asked for. It could help those trying to help themselves but I guess that is not good enough for you, the other guy or RIOT.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eGEAdAck,comment-id=0000000300010000,timestamp=2019-03-14T18:00:05.565+0000) > > As I have said already, people like yourself and the other person I responded to can't fathom the fact that not everyone is the same as you are. You both have a GOD complex and feel it necessary to share your meaningless excuses instead of actually helping those that don't act like you do. There is a simple fix that the OP asked for. It could help those trying to help themselves but I guess that is not good enough for you, the other guy or RIOT. It's no more a "god complex" than stating that the vast majority of people who play this game have two working hands. Those who don't have two working hands and want to play help themselves, either by using special hardware to play the game or by figuring out other ways to work the controls - such as using their feet. What's worth noting about the difference between self-mute and accessibility features like colorblind mode is one *disables* your control while the other *enables* you. Just like Riot isn't going to add an option to remove your Minimap for the entire game, they're not going to add an option to prevent you from strategizing with anyone who will listen.
lUGill (NA)
: Duo Q IS RUINING GAMES
1. *Smurfing* is the destablizing factor in your first example 2. Equally bad = they're the same rank = no different than 2 solo queue players
PavLoo (NA)
: Jikker
Jikker isn't a Riot employee.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eGEAdAck,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-14T03:36:46.317+0000) > > There is one! It is called self control. There's actually another one also! It's called not pressing enter. Otherwise known as you believe that everyone should think the same way you do. Guess what? Not everyone is the same and to make this excuse, which is what it truly is, means to me that you think you are special or something and you aren't. What the OP is asking for is a very simple fix in which there is really no good reason that it hasn't been implemented yet.
> [{quoted}](name=dragfin12,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eGEAdAck,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-03-14T15:27:37.897+0000) > > Otherwise known as you believe that everyone should think the same way you do. Guess what? Not everyone is the same and to make this excuse, which is what it truly is, means to me that you think you are special or something and you aren't. I think you've got that reversed. Not pressing the enter key, exercising self control, is a solution that works for the *vast* majority of people. What we see are a few special outliers who either can't do that (a medical condition that makes them more impulsive) or won't do that. It's worth pointing out that this isn't at all like the mute button we have in game. You can toggle the mute button on and off in game as needed, checking if someone has cooled down, giving them a second chance, etc. What's being proposed is a complete lockout of your chat functionality. You couldn't have a toggle, because otherwise the same lack of self control that keeps you from hitting the enter button would have you disabling the toggle.
: Repertoir asking the league players a question about items and runes
{{item:3056}} is the only item in the game that only works on 1/2 of the map, *and* becomes less valuable both when you're winning (fewer towers left to use it on) and when you're losing (harder to get to those towers). It could *partially* be fixed by adding an effect on friendly towers, but ultimately it needs a reason to exist when there are no towers remaining. Maybe a minor Azir Passive tower when used on stumps?
Modi (NA)
: Why not Elise? She is the closest to a bug that we have, Beemo not withstanding.
Because Morde has more bugs than Elise. (The post was inspired because someone was confused that the enemy team managed to take a Fire Dragon and Ocean Dragon within a 40 seconds of each other. Turns out there was a Morde on the other team, and it was just another bug with him)
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qeBEXA5k,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T12:39:21.672+0000) > > I think it would build a case for looking into ID banning him, but I think Shaclone would still have to actively encourage it before Riot would take action. If imitation alone was good enough to earn someone a ban, then I doubt Kaceytron would have gotten as big as she did. Should an ID ban require encouragement of imitation as well as people actually doing so? Or merely the encouragement?
I think that there will always be a certain percentage of people who try to do what a streamer tells them to in game, for good or bad. It seems pretty unlikely that you could encourage people to troll and have no one take you up on it *unless* your sphere of influence is small enough it's not worth ID banning you anyway. So if you're encouraging others to imitate *and* you've got enough viewers that it's a problem, then you could get an ID ban. Add to that what the [Support Page on ID Bans](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013815928-Understanding-ID-Bans) says - you'd have to "show extreme aggression in chat and/or intentionally feed across many permanently banned accounts", which we're taking as a given in Shaclone's case.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qeBEXA5k,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-03-14T11:09:56.362+0000) > > From what I understand, Tyler1 was actively encouraging his viewers to troll/int/afk as well. After his ban when people were sharing clips about T1 I realized I had quite a few games where people would copy his exact methods, or say they could get away with it because T1 got away with it. > > I suspect that's the difference, and why Shaclone isn't ID banned. So, if people started to troll and rationalized it with "but Shaclone does it," imitating his methods - basically becoming copycat criminals - he'd be more likely to be banned? I can see why proliferation of that sort of behavior would be cause for concern, but I think people should be banned for their own actions, not those of others. Isn't that what we tell people who post chat logs and say "it was okay that I said those things because a teammate in that match said worse"?
I think it would build a case for looking into ID banning him, but I think Shaclone would still have to actively encourage it before Riot would take action. If imitation alone was good enough to earn someone a ban, then I doubt Kaceytron would have gotten as big as she did.
: How did Tyler1 get an ID ban and not Shaclone? I know that T1 used to be very toxic, but Shaclone is arguably worse and has stated that he won't change his ways.
From what I understand, Tyler1 was actively encouraging his viewers to troll/int/afk as well. After his ban when people were sharing clips about T1 I realized I had quite a few games where people would copy his exact methods, or say they could get away with it because T1 got away with it. I suspect that's the difference, and why Shaclone isn't ID banned.
Rioter Comments
: Enemy team captured Ocean Drake and then Infernal Drake within 36 seconds of each other?!
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=60Hkbbmz,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T19:19:48.440+0000) > > They're not looking at *time* elapsed, they're looking at *games* elapsed. Your one game continued a pattern of behavior that was one game away from a punishment the last time your played. Regardless of how RIOT looks at it. It really does tho, even if you have the most toxic player in the world you have to give them more than 1 game to know if their the same after a year. I don't understand your point you judge books by their covers or something?
> [{quoted}](name=Dat Phick,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=60Hkbbmz,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-12T20:39:44.125+0000) > > Regardless of how RIOT looks at it. It really does tho, even if you have the most toxic player in the world you have to give them more than 1 game to know if their the same after a year. I don't understand your point you judge books by their covers or something? They're not judging you by your cover though. They gave you a fair chance to show you had changed, and you showed you are the same as always on the first game. If you wanted to turn over a new leaf, then maybe you shouldn't have fallen back into old habits on the first game.
: and _your_ blanket statement is supposed to be any different? I care about winning, and only if I perform exceptionally well. My entire post only talks about my desire to not let my teammates live in the ignorance of their mistakes and poor play. Obviously I make mistakes too, and I don't care if people treat me the same way, because its the right thing to do.
> My entire post only talks about my desire to not let my teammates live in the ignorance of their mistakes and poor play. Uh... you might want to re-read your post if you think that's what it says. > I hate the whole entire 'thats toxic' mantra every single NA solo q player adapts like they cant handle a single word directed towards them. > I would love to rip into all of my teammates even if they did nothing and really give them the worst experience possible, and I should be allowed to. *None* of that comes across as the words of someone trying to give constructive criticism.
: what backs up these statements? "Riven is powerful right now, but she really doesn't seem to be near the strongest option in the game." "When considering power level, we look for trends that are consistent across regions."
The first statement is backed up by her having the [9th highest win rate](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/diamond/plus/champions/), according to the same site you used. The second statement doesn't need backing up, it's an explanation of philosophy.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=60Hkbbmz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-12T18:09:12.448+0000) > > Not logging in doesn't make Riot assume you're better behaved, they have to see games where you behaved better. It really does tho, even if you have the most toxic player in the world you have to give them more than 1 game to know if their the same after a year. I don't understand your point you judge books by their covers or something?SIDE note the log isn't toxic it's banter which is allowed if someone shit talks you all game you can't get banned for literally going "haha reported" which is what i did LOL
> [{quoted}](name=Dat Phick,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=60Hkbbmz,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-12T18:40:47.527+0000) > > It really does tho, even if you have the most toxic player in the world you have to give them more than 1 game to know if their the same after a year. I don't understand your point you judge books by their covers or something?SIDE note the log isn't toxic it's banter which is allowed if someone shit talks you all game you can't get banned for literally going "haha reported" which is what i did LOL They're not looking at *time* elapsed, they're looking at *games* elapsed. Your one game continued a pattern of behavior that was one game away from a punishment the last time your played.
: Lets talk about Riots social engineering
> If you can can get banned for this 1 game when you haven't logged on in a year. You can get banned for anything and it's gone too far imo. Not logging in doesn't make Riot assume you're better behaved, they have to see games where you behaved better.
: Riot Repertoir lies about how broken Riven is.
Global Ban Rate - 23.53% KR Ban Rate - 11.73% NA Ban Rate - 33.27% If Bans come from a combination of frustration and power, and she's at the same power everywhere, then that does back up the statement "Frustration over her current state seems to be an especially western phenomenon"
: Not getting game info from main riot sites
Yeah, it's pretty annoying when the official match history page breaks.
Tele II (NA)
: Umm... theyre talking about damage in general. Not specific champs. Its the way people get bursted down in .1 seconds that people have a problem with. If ALL damage goes down, then yeah theyre fine with a "nerf" to their main. They want damage to go down universally.
Adding to this, no one wants their main/role to be the *only* one getting nerfed, or to be the one that gets nerfed first while Riot waits to see if it's "in a good spot".
: i feel like 90% of the ppl who got banned for inting got banned because of a huge reddit post lol
I've seen a few random players come here complaining they've been banned for inting. Conversely, you could argue that the ban system is as weak as it is because of big posts - remember how Harashin (or whatever his name is) was banned for inting and then it was overturned when he submitted the video?
Show more

DrCyanide

Level 38 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion