: Making yourself carriable
Sometimes you're Goku. Sometimes you're Krillin. Without Goku, Krillin would be dead and everyone would be doomed. Without Krillin, Goku wouldn't have the time he needs to come Goku and everyone would be doomed. There's nothing wrong with being either one. Except that it makes you a weeb, and no one likes that.
Boomer (OCE)
: I really don't even know how to respond to the first two paragraphs. Why is it okay when it's a medically accepted term? That doesn't change the intentions of the use. The heart of your argument seems to be that context matters. To which, I would again point out that I did not even use it when referring to a person. On the last paragraph, the point is that if the word itself is now an unacceptable word it's because its ubiquitous use has been saturated to the point where enough people have become offended and victimized by it. Lastly, as for the "bad" portion...that is exactly my point. "You're bad" when referring to a player and their skill could be construed as hurtful and pejorative...so when does that start being banned too? It's a slippery slope.
It was okay to use it as a medical term in a medical context. THAT'S what that means. It's NOT okay to use medical terms as insults. It feels like you're overthinking that. The first sentence of your third paragraph shows you understand exactly why it's not okay to say. You understand that the word is unacceptable to use in reference to anything because it's been used so much as an insult. You know that. I'm really confused why there's even an argument. It doesn't matter if you're talking about a person or not, the word itself is not okay to say. There are other words that are unacceptable to say no matter the context and I would imagine you know what at least a couple of those are and don't use them, either. It's NOT a slippery slope. There IS no slippery slope. "Slippery slope" is a well known logical fallacy that uses fictional outcomes as "proof" of where something will go but those things aren't going to happen. No one is going to ban the word "bad" and pretending that there's any kind of equivalency of the two words in terms of offensiveness makes no sense. Yes, it can be used to hurt people, but it's used for many other things much more often. The r-word is used almost exclusively to hurt people. It's not even the correct term to use in the medical field anymore, which is really the one other way it's been used in recent history in English-speaking countries.
Boomer (OCE)
: In America, at least, it has roots in referring to mentally handicapped people. To an extent, when referring to another human being, I can kind of understand. On the other hand, and my actual belief is that, people are taking victimization too far. It also begs the question as to why the word "autistic" is allowed.
The r-word isn't the preferred word to use in a medical sense anymore. It WAS the proper term a few decades ago, but people started using it primarily as an insult, so it was changed to "mentally handicapped." Then THAT was constantly used as an insult, so now it's "intellectual disability." That also gets used as an insult because of course it does, people are jerks and can't just let something be a medical term. "Autistic" and "autism," on the other hand, ARE currently accepted medical terms. That's the most likely reason they aren't automatically censored like the r-word. But they are still used as insults (because, again, _of course they are because people are jerks_) and using them as insults is still not acceptable in game or on the boards. As far as saying that referring to something that isn't a person with the r-word and saying that's victimization gone too far, that doesn't make sense. It's using a word that, for a long time, was a proper medical term and is still thought to be a proper medical term by many people for something that is inherently a part of someone and it's being used in a negative way. It's like using words that are associated with other things that are inherently part of someone's identity such as racial, religious, or sexual orientation-related words as a negative: You're saying that being that thing is bad by using it to mean "bad." So just say "bad" if you mean "bad," don't use words that could be part of who someone is and potentially hurt someone in the process. (And yes, I know not all people get upset about certain things, like some people with autism don't care if the word is used as an insult, but that's not true of a whole lot of people saying that it should be okay because Greg down the street doesn't mind is a bad argument.)
: rakan has no point and click cc chief neither does pyke
I think it was pretty clear they were saying that overly-mobile champions are un-fun to deal with _as well as_ point-and-click CC, not that those champions have point-and-click CC.
: MSI VODs aren't working for Watch and Learn 2 Quest
I wasn't even paying attention to that but I checked and I'm not getting credit, either. Good catch.
Bazerka (NA)
: What inner dialogues do you have / actively try to defeat?
It's not even one thing for me, or a group of things. It's everything, all the time. Everything involves at least some low-level negative thoughts. I manage to stay mostly happy, but there's always something bad in my head. A decade of therapists and medications only made me feel guilty about not getting better (I still** very strongly** support people seeking professional help, even though it didn't work for me), so I'm kind of on my own on it, too. I guess the biggest recurring things would be "if I make even one small mistake, everyone will hate me," which I know isn't true of anyone, and "no one will ever want me in a romantic way and I'll die alone because of my inability to work outside of the home." Also, I want to say that I really like this post existing, and thanks to Bazerka for starting it. A lot of people feel isolated because they feel their negative thoughts are some unique failing, but it's a struggle a lot of people have, so at least we can feel some kind of connection in that :)
: I'm very afraid that these are more permanent "experiments" than we think. I know the ARAM community is smaller, but I don't want to lose the random gameplay experience I came to love because it's meant to be more balanced for everyone. So here's my two-cents; * Items like mariner's revenge change _how_ certain champs will be played, allowing people to just force their way in (unless they have ghostly boots, then they just walk up) and suicide because they can still get a kills with the refresh and invulnerability. The stakes in those dive-engage situations are so much higher and more exciting when there's actually a chance for counter-play. I also think invulnerable, suicide dives are a dangerous and frustrating play-pattern to encourage. * I like that I can take skills and techniques I pick up onto SR with me without much difference. It's not a new experience, it's an offshoot with a map the forces fights. Personally, I don't want it to be a like a RGM that feels completely different. * Snowball fixed a lot of the problems melee champs had and champs that need to access the backline. Picking the right moment, knowing your limits, and working with your team is much more engaging from a player-perspective than having map-specific items that _guarantee_ you can get there and make an impact. * The reason I enjoy this mode so much is that even with a loss you can just say "unlucky" and move on without giving yourself too much grief. It isn't meant to be perfectly balanced. It's lovely chaos you have to adapt to. Against a teemo? Buy an oracles and position accordingly. Against a Xerath? Buy MR and get in his face. Team of 5 tanks? Play safe until 6, get a good fight, spend all that money, be an unkillable squad and roll over the other guys. There's always a way to win, and if it doesn't work out? Unlucky. Next queue. I hope this doesn't come off as winey or rude, just wanted to give my thoughts! Love, A Skeptical ARAM Main {{sticker:sg-soraka}}
> [{quoted}](name=UndercoverRaptor,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=0Bt20UUK,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2019-04-05T16:52:08.990+0000) > * Items like mariner's revenge change _how_ certain champs will be played, allowing people to just force their way in (unless they have ghostly boots, then they just walk up) and suicide because they can still get a kills with the refresh and invulnerability. The stakes in those dive-engage situations are so much higher and more exciting when there's actually a chance for counter-play. I also think invulnerable, **suicide dives are a dangerous and frustrating play-pattern to encourage**. This is a good way to state the big problem I have with Mariner's Vengeance, the part I bolded in particular. It's far too strong of an effect, and there's really no counterplay other than the standard "just CC them." It's not fun to play against, and it's a very unhealthy playstyle. Karthus and Sion passives have versions of it, but the champions are made to work with their passives by keeping Karthus from moving and removing Sion's abilities while also maintaining his ability to take damage. Mariner's Vengeance gives anyone that wants it Tryndamere's ult + Karthus's passive without the downside + fresh cooldowns on abilities on top of it being an AD item with armor. That's too many things all at once. I would rather have the current GA on ARAM than that.
Áery (NA)
: So are tier 3 boots ever going to return?
I think bringing them back as they were or anything close to that would be a bad idea. I've liked the idea of making boots a proper item, though. Make tier 2 boots just about stats and remove the passives, then make tier 3 boots better stats and have passives, and introduce more passives to create more choices. So, for instance, you'd go from basic boots to armor boots to a choice between a version of current ninja tabi but with more armor OR a different passive related to reducing damage from AD sources, like maybe something that reduces physical burst damage. Part of that is because I feel like boots have too strong of an effect when they're first bought and matter too little later in the game, so having a three-tier system for them would smooth that out.
CoraloDy (NA)
: * Curbing * Adding it to kits that didn't have it before Pick one.
I'm with iiGazeii on this one, and I don't think this is a "pick one" situation Having true damage on one champion's kit where it can be very simply and easily tuned as needed is a completely different animal than having an item and keystone that give true damage to any champion that wants to build for it. I really don't like that it's in Kayle's kit now and I'd much rather it not be there, but I do think it's a much better situation than what IE and Conqueror has been. I think some amount of true damage on a late-game hyper-carry like Kayle is meant to be even makes sense in theory since her identity is weak early and monster late, and building health against her will still be something so long as it's not another %hp true damage thing, but it _really_ needs to be handled with care even then.
: Gotta say: Not a fan of Kayle's new look.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ztZ0VOkM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-18T18:09:58.314+0000) > Hell, you could even fix this easily: Have Kayle's ascension give her more powerful, practical armor as she grows stronger. Have her feminine features disappear as she cares less about being human and more about delivering justice. It's not a perfect fix, mind you, but it'd at least do something to bring back some of her cool design. This is a perfect solution and don't you dare say otherwise. I love this idea and the story element it would have in-game that a lot of characters can lack. It would be awesome to have her become the embodiment of cold, unfeeling justice (related: new skin for Kayle that's just the image of a Garen ult) as the game progresses and she becomes more and more of a late-game hyper-carry monster.
: What Should I Get My BF For Valentine's Day?
Don't be afraid to be cheesy. Do something meaningful. It's underestimated how much that stuff means to guys because of societal standard. Do a drawing of the champs you played when you met or your favorite champs representing the two of you, write a fanfic about it, glue some felt on a pair of socks and record a puppet show while doing impersonations of Ray Romano and Betty White as the two of you. Don't overthink it, just do _something_ to show that you care and it'll be cool. (Also, Betty White as Yorick would be awesome, just sayin.)
: From one support to another; how do y'all keep your cool?
A little warning: I'm posting this while working, so it probably won't be as coherent as I want. I haven't been able to play much for awhile, and when I do, it's ARAM for the shorter games, but I was (and still am, at heart) a support main from the beginning of season 5, and the biggest thing I learned to help me stay calm was to focus on adapting to my ADC's playstyle. I used to have that "why don't they follow up on my play?" mentality and it frustrated the hell out of me, but 1) they can't read our minds, 2) they have their own brains and don't have to do what we want, and 3) they have to focus on farming and we don't, which both means they have different windows for trades and fights AND their focus isn't always going to be on what their support is doing. Because we as supports aren't required to think about last-hitting and trading/fighting windows based on that (although it's a good thing to think about because you can harass the shit out of the enemy ADC if you do), it's much easier for us to adapt our play to fit what they're comfortable with than for them to adapt to us. That doesn't mean we're subservient, either: it means we're mindful and adaptable. It can get boring, of course, but learning to play slower or faster based on what others are comfortable with and capable of doing at their skill level is rewarding in its own way, and people really appreciate it, too. So if they don't wanna go full crazy with you when you land a bubble, that's cool, just use the bubbles to protect them until mid-game and you can start initiating for the team instead of just one person.
: i actually really like this change. It's a buff for actual supports and takes away the BS cheese in top and stuff.
I'm excited about the change. I started playing and became a support main before support starter items were a thing. Bottom lane felt more fun and skillful when the supports provided utility rather than damage. Then the support items were added and mages using Spellthief's took over, and while that did increase the number of people playing support, it felt like it reduced the number of people with a support mentality. It went from support players mostly being "dun worry, bbies, I protecc and I initiate so you be safe" with enchanters and tanks (and full support Annie, which was amazing), to "uh, I think you'll find _I_ am the important one here, kthx" on Brand at first and then other mages after, and eventually taking over traditional supports like Morgana. It's really sucked because those high-damage supports have never truly been bad after support items were added. Even during the Ardent meta, the Ardent users would get banned and mage supports were still good. Tank supports were already a bit rough to play against ranged supports before support items were added, but they've felt awful since then because the ranged support can take Spellthief's and the tank support has to suck it up and hope not to die. This change might make mage supports feel less oppressive and create a little more diversity, and I would love that. And, like you say, support items might stop getting abused by others now. They've been taken by mids, ADCs, junglers for funneling, and now top laners. I would rather take away support items and give a special rune or summoner spell to supports than keep having the items abused and nerfed.
dome025 (EUW)
: >that i have to be humiliated by tryharding platinum 3 player in **normals** , and all this in iron and bronze players environment Ranked and normals don´t use the same mmr (if I remember correctly). A challenger who plays only ranked could have an iron mmr in normals cause he never played normals. Despite that normals has less restrictions than ranked which makes it again harder (3-5 premades with varying mmr between each of them).
Pretty much this, except that ranked MMR does influence MMR in normals to some extent. I don't think anyone that hasn't seen the formula can guess it, but Riot has said before that rank influences matchmaking in normals some but not too much.
EyeClown (NA)
: New players and parents click over here! Help is on the way!
Life circumstances keep me from being able to help out as an advice giver (or even playing the game much these days), but I wanted to say that I think this is awesome and I hope it really takes off :) The League community will really benefit from something positive like this! Good luck and thanks for doing something cool! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Khabith (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7PdRRB3I,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-22T18:09:08.183+0000) > > But wouldn't you be missing a great load of HP and armor? > The items may be decent, but i don't think they are close to items like {{item:3742}} or {{item:3001}} > > Honestly, I never thought about this before...while i'm no tank main, i do enjoy playing the class. > Might try it on Urgot, but i might be a bad idea (he's not a tank though, so maybe Ornn). Idk, something within is telling me that it could work, I mean I've predicted a decent amount in league, and utility tank just seems like a decent idea. Like a non-ap cho has no kill presence besides ulti, and support items give health, so once the cho gets gargoyles (Which is already cheap) and warmogs, I feel like anything with health seems up for grabs. Plus the shield would be amazing to give to an adc or something. Also something like zeke's convergence gives both armor and mr which is pretty solid
> [{quoted}](name=Khabith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=7PdRRB3I,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-22T18:16:32.814+0000) > > Idk, something within is telling me that it could work, I mean I've predicted a decent amount in league, and utility tank just seems like a decent idea. Like a non-ap cho has no kill presence besides ulti, and support items give health, so once the cho gets gargoyles (Which is already cheap) and warmogs, I feel like anything with health seems up for grabs. Plus the shield would be amazing to give to an adc or something. Also something like zeke's convergence gives both armor and mr which is pretty solid Cho with Stoneplate and Locket was a thing months ago and caused Locket's cooldown to get nerfed. Other support items have been popular on top and jungle tanks in the past, but Riot always nerfs them because it's unintentionally strong, and that screws over the utility-focused supports the items were meant for.
: Explain a champion lore badly. Others try guess the champion.
A creep lived in a church's basement, then some weird gas burned off his face and made him glow, giving him the confidence to steal another dude's woman.
Du Ma Mi (NA)
: Pikachu decided the best way to defeat Team Rocket was to become the next Hokage.
> [{quoted}](name=Du Ma Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k3phJcEV,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-12-13T00:05:48.616+0000) > > Pikachu decided the best way to defeat Team Rocket was to become the next Hokage. This is the best description of Kennen I've ever seen.
: Keystones are the main reason the game is how it is, nerf them or remove them
I'd be interested in seeing what it would look like if Riot removed keystones and kept the rest. That's where the majority of extra damage from runes is coming from, I'm pretty sure, so if they weren't there and the others were kept, it would make things feel less burst-heavy. If they really want to make compensation changes, make it so people can choose three options from two trees instead of four from one and two from the other, or do three from one, two from another, and one from any tree, including an extra from the trees already taken if someone wants to.
GigglesO (NA)
: Lowering Champion Damage
> [{quoted}](name=GigglesO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HERLwilv,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-23T14:36:15.180+0000) > > Honestly raising damage just makes players play even more passive because no one wants to die once and lose the game. This part. This was why pro games were so long at the start of season 8 which made the games stupidly long and made Riot increase the snowballing. Teams were playing hellaciously safe and it was boring and it's going to happen again at this rate, and that's going to mess it up for us regular players again.
: A tribute to Lux's lore.......
Oh dude, that is so cool. I would love to see more things like this! Only thing (and I know someone will downvote me for it), I _think_ what's on the right cover of Tom the Cat's book isn't allowed on the boards? I only point it out because I don't want to see something so cool have to be taken down or something because of a little thing like that.
Shıma (NA)
: @Rioters You're gonna wanna read this.
As someone with really severe social anxiety problems so bad that even writing this is causing problems, I fully support this idea. Having a hub where people are hanging out and there's different buildings to go into for different things (champ skins shop, ward skins shop, scuttle crab racing to bet on with blue essence, watching pro games together [and maybe betting on them with blue essence, too], a public library with the world's lore in it) and a global chat where people can hang out and talk would be really cool. Make it an optional thing and not the default so people can still get into games faster if they want to, make entry a part of the honor system to help keep out toxic people, and I'm in. Also, I can think of two good side effects of this: 1) People could chill there while waiting for a game, so matchmaking could be tuned back toward closeness of skill level and ensuring position preference instead of trying to keep down queue times. 2) There could be more community interaction for streamers, pro players, and Rioters that wanted to hang out with players. There's not really a good way to do that in the game itself, just people have Discord servers. Make the online version of convention halls that can be rented (so there don't need to be bunches of instances of these rooms available for whenever someone wants to do them because that would take up a lot of server space). They could put some "booths" in there, too, that do the things like in the larger public area (emote giveaways could be done through that instead of just on people's streams, which is something some people were upset about).
: I had my permanently banned account reinstated, and here's how it turned out.
> [{quoted}](name=P3rspective,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=84NHOpMA,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-05T19:27:46.804+0000) > ...let everyone know that sometimes you just gotta step away, and get a new point of view on things. One might say a new... Perspective? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} But seriously, congrats on getting your brain in a better place. Welcome back and good luck out there!
: > [{quoted}](name=Draffyr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PdiuVqfL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-27T02:21:53.517+0000) > > Someone did a full rundown on why displacements in general exist and suck, but I'm not sure where I saw it. It basically boils down to CC was too common, so tenacity became more common, then it became too common, so more and more champions with displacements were created because having hard CC that lasts for a specific duration is still important. But that means that people are now wanting something to counter displacements because they're too widespread. I don't think they'll make an item like that, though, because that'll make a new arms race. I think it was by CaptainMarvelous and it can be found in Gameplay+... I think.
Well remembered, friend. I managed to find it, and I'll leave it here in case anyone wants to read up on it: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-plus/YAjVBX96-the-history-of-cc-and-why-i-believe-its-a-problem It's a bit long, but it's really informative.
d0riyah (NA)
: Why do you guys have to be so...unresponsive?
A hell of a lot goes into a change on League compared to Fortnite. When a change happens for Fortnite, the players as a whole are all dealing with that one change in the same way. On League, the people playing as a champion will experience it different than the people playing against the champion, and the ones playing against the champion will be having that experience as one of 146+ different champions. That's a lot of learning to do, and it doesn't happen all at once. It can take a month or more for people to finally get used to bigger changes like reworks and new champions, and even adjusting to smaller changes take time. People bitch a LOT about things being too strong or too weak in those adjustment periods and listening to them is usually a really bad idea. There's also the need to find the right _kind_ of change. On occasion, Rioters have mentioned that when talking about champ changes. Sometimes a little numbers tuning works, other times they have ideas already for things that can be added or taken away, but other times they have to spend a lot of time figuring it out. Fortnite it can just be "lets nerf shotguns a bit" and there you go.
: IMO: Knockups are largely responsible for what feels bad about being a tank
Someone did a full rundown on why displacements in general exist and suck, but I'm not sure where I saw it. It basically boils down to CC was too common, so tenacity became more common, then it became too common, so more and more champions with displacements were created because having hard CC that lasts for a specific duration is still important. But that means that people are now wanting something to counter displacements because they're too widespread. I don't think they'll make an item like that, though, because that'll make a new arms race.
: For anybody wondering, the proper term for slang is 'colloquialism.' If you weren't wondering, sorry for wasting your time.
"Slang" and "colloquialism" aren't synonyms. They can overlap, but colloquialisms are more generally used by the speakers of a language in informal settings, whereas slang is confined to a more specific group. Jargon is the same kind of thing but used by even smaller and more specific groups than slang.
: Today I was fighting 4 skarners and they dragged me one after another... it was very fun...
Last night, there were eight in the boss fight with nothing else around. Kayn knocked me into them. I missed almost the entire second phase of the boss battle because I was never not ulted.
: An important message from everyone who understands balance mains to Katarina mains
I'm confused why there was a new post created on this topic. It's in response to an existing thread and wants to continue that discussion, so shouldn't it be where the discussion is already happening to increase the visibility to the people involved?
Willioss (EUW)
: Because Meowkai make sense with his theme and his kit ?
"Mao" and "Meow" sound very similar, that's why that skin exists. Sharks don't immediately make sense, but this could fit the Deep Terror skin line which fits with Maokai as well as it does with Thresh (meaning "not at all but it might look cool"). Make it generically scary water things like giving him an angler fish vibe with by putting a light on his head branch, turn the ult into eels instead of trying to make them into weird-looking sharks, and there you go.
Zeus xD (EUNE)
: One interesting fanart for Mundo
Looks like Blanka raided the Final Fantasy armory. It's a cool picture for sure, but this doesn't read as Mundo at all to me.
: Do you think Zoe needs a rework? As sad as that sounds.
I'm really confused by what Riot has decided to nerf about her. From what I can tell, people's problem is that she can burst people so hard with an E and a long-range Q, or even just a long-range Q when she has enough items. So, to me, the problem seems to be the damage-from-distance scaling on her Q, but her Q is the one thing that hasn't been touched. I know all the other stuff adds up as well, but it's like the problem with Nidalee back in the day: The long-range Q that takes off a massive amount of health feels unfun and unfair to play against even though it's technically dodgeable. So my proposition would be to reduce the damage-from-distance scaling on her Q instead of a rework. It feels like Riot has been trying to preserve her identity with keeping that one thing the same but it's probably the easiest change to make her feel fair to play against.
: Anime: sub or dub?
I prefer dubs, but if the voice acting is bad, then I'll go with a sub. Same with any foreign stuff, not just anime. I hear a lot of anime fans get all up in arms about dubs being some kind of abomination because the voice acting is almost always way worse, but after seeing a video by someone that actually _did_ learn Japanese in order to watch Japanese shows and movies (including anime and live-action stuff), that doesn't sound true at all. Japanese speakers are just as capable as English speakers at turning out really bad voice acting, but if you don't speak Japanese, you can't hear it. Unless it's all those female characters that have ridiculously high-pitched voices. That shit's just bad.
: Be careful out there
Hey, wait a minute... AIDS isn't a virus, it's a syndrome. HIV is the virus. This meme doesn't check out because _science._
saltran (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Draffyr,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=L7aWB2wj,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-08-06T21:48:35.223+0000) > > Why isn't there an option for "neither?" Neither is good but for different reasons. Censor meta was boring and over-reliant on a certain type of ADC and support, and the game currently has too much damage in general and burst in particular. This poll is like trying to determine if dogs or cats are better pets by asking if people prefer stepping in dog shit barefoot or waking up with cat piss on your pillow: Both options suck and people generally agree on that. > > I'm hoping for what's to come with all the subtle moves Riot has been making to tone down damage and help out a few tanks while also laying out a plan to address damage more thoroughly in the preseason. That'll likely be a much better meta than either one in the poll. Cats > Dogs everyone knows it.
Psh, the push for a cat meta is over. The dog meta is clearly superior in the modern ideal of teamwork over solo play.
: (+Vote) Which one is your favorite meta ?
Why isn't there an option for "neither?" Neither is good but for different reasons. Censor meta was boring and over-reliant on a certain type of ADC and support, and the game currently has too much damage in general and burst in particular. This poll is like trying to determine if dogs or cats are better pets by asking if people prefer stepping in dog shit barefoot or waking up with cat piss on your pillow: Both options suck and people generally agree on that. I'm hoping for what's to come with all the subtle moves Riot has been making to tone down damage and help out a few tanks while also laying out a plan to address damage more thoroughly in the preseason. That'll likely be a much better meta than either one in the poll.
: The tank "buffs" are weaksauce and you're not nerfing damage enough
They've said they're waiting until preseason to make big changes because they don't want to do a massive meta change again with how poorly it went earlier this year. It sucks right now, yes, but the small changes are something, they've done a proper analysis of what's gone on with damage and they know the direction to go to fix it, and they've given a very good reason to not fix it all at once right now. I've barely played this year because of how bad the game feels, but I'm willing to give Riot the time it'll take to do it right now that they've clearly shown that they know what's wrong and have a time frame for setting it right. Reading the Gameplay Thoughts in Dev Corner has helped me stop being so mad and frustrated about the lack of progress, maybe it'll help you, too.
: While I understand that I am stating that they are targeting the wrong areas. Wouldn't a smaller change be changing Conqueror keystone instead of all these minor buffs?
It is a change that I would want to see, and it is a smaller change in that it's only altering one thing, but that would be a nerf to all bruisers and every other champion that does well with Conqueror. It has the potential to completely upend the meta once again, while these proposed changes are more likely to allow a few tanks back into the meta without removing the champions that are already being played. It will still have an effect on the meta, of course, but not to the same extent.
: Tank changes for 8.16
I think this is awesome. It's both an overall solid list of changes for these champs and a really nice way to communicate with players. I am a bit unsure about the Tahm Kench stuff because it does seem like it'll completely remove him from bot lane, but overall I think this is a nice set of changes.
: > [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P4eh9Or5,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-03T18:09:10.297+0000) > > Hey folks, > > Putting this out to get some feedback on our current planned tanks changes. The general direction we chose was to find ways to scale each of their defensives in ways that were unique to their kits which hopefully nets some satisfaction while also generally being power up. Worth calling out that Tahm Kench got a bit of a different treatment than some of the other champs on this list. > > **Nautilus:** > Goal: Give Nautilus' shield some more flexibility; aiming to bring the effect into more usable trade windows and additional casts per jungle camp. > Titan's Wrath (W) > > * Shielding :: 65/70/75/80/85 (+9/11/13/15/17% maxHP) >>> 60/70/80/90/100 (+9/10/11/12/13% maxHP) > * Duration :: 10 >>> 6 > * Cooldown :: 18 >>> 12 > * Cost :: 80 >>> 60 > > **Amumu:** > Goal: Simply put, give some unique scaling to Amumu's defensive mechanicc. > Tantrum (E) > * NEW :: Passive physical damage reduction gains additional benefit equal to 3% of Amumu's bonus Armor and Magic Resist > > **Rammus:** > Goal: Generally just trying to make him a bit tankier at all stages of the game, but still with a heavier skew towards physical ad rather than magic damage. > Defensive Ball Curl (W) > > * Bonus Armor :: 50/60/70/80/90% >>> 60/70/80/90/100% > * Bonus Magic Resist :: 25/30/35/40/45% >>> 30/35/40/45/50% > > **Sion** > Goal: Increase the reward for stacking W passive > Soul Furnace (W) > > * Permanent max HP gain from small enemies :: 3 >>> 4 > * Permanent max HP gain from large enemies :: 10 >>> 15 > > **Leona:** > Goal: Giving Leona the potential for much higher uptime on her defense button, but trying to do so in a way that doesn't buff her lane too much. As such, W and E have had their damage redistributed to mean Leona doesn't get both incredible offense and incredible defense if she maxes W first. > > Eclipse (W) > > * Damage :: 60/100/140/180/220 >>> 60/90/120/150/180 > * Cooldown :: 14 >>> 18/16/14/12/10 > * Armor :: 25/35/45/55/65 (+20%) >>> 15/20/25/30/35 (+40%) > * Magic Resist :: 20/30/40/50/60 (+20%) >>> 15/20/25/30/35 (+40%) > > Zenith Blade (E) > * Damage :: 60/100/140/180/220 >>> 60/110/160/210/260 > > **Maokai** > Goal: Giving Maokai some stat help aimed at a moderate buff to jungle position and small buff to non jungle positions. We're particularly hesitant to over buff his top lane. > > Base Stats: > > * Movespeed :: 335 >>> 340 > * Magic Resist Growth :: 1.25 >>> 1.75 > Sapling Toss (E) > * Max damage against non champions :: 300 >>> 500 > > ------ > > **Tahm Kench** > Goal: Reduce the overall availability of his defensive devour and better reward use in aggressive scenarios. Also tuning Q to give him a few more buttons to press in light of longer cd ally W, and reducing the slow to compensate. > > Tongue Lash (Q) > > * Slow Duration :: 2 >>> 1.5 > * Cooldown :: 6 >>> 5 > > Devour / Regurgitate (W) > > * Damage :: 20/23/26/29/32% (+2% per 100AP) >>> 27/29/31/33/35% (+1% per 100AP) > * Devour Duration :: 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 >>> 4 > * Enemy champion duration still halved > Cooldown :: 14/13/12/11/10 >>> 28/25/22/19/16 > * Cost :: 90 >>> 60 > NEW :: Triggers half its normal cooldown on enemy cast > > Let us know what you think of some of these specific changelists, particularily if any of the more involved ones read more like nerfs than buffs to you. > > Thanks! > Maple Nectar I think what needs to be addressed more is tank items if anything. True damage in the game is getting a little ridiculous, and I think if you remove True damage and replace it with adaptive physical or magic damage would go a long way in making tanks viable again. Increase the scaling of the damage given but definitely change it from True to adaptive damage. Put it simply If I am a tank and I build only Armor items I want to feel like Marksmen and bruisers who use AD damage to basically do no damage, but while I myself do 0 damage. Not like Garen who can build 1 tank item and still do tons of damage. True damage should not be used as much as it is and that needs to be scaled back to when it was only available on so few champions. True damage just feels un fun and unfair.
I remember seeing somewhere that they don't want to make bigger changes because of how many there have already been this season and how poorly people have reacted to that, so that's why they're making these smaller, more specific changes. It should be a more gentle meta shift than making the necessary changes to tank items and certain runes to make tanks as a class better without being overpowered.
: How is this gonna help jungle Nautilus? Meddler said you were going to buff his jungle. And you nerf his W cooldown? Must be a joke. His clear is the slowest amongst all junglers
It's a cooldown buff, not a nerf. The duration is nerfed by 4 seconds, but the cooldown is down by 6 seconds and the mana cost is lower, too.
: > [{quoted}](name=Draffyr,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K7EzMaFw,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-07-12T19:12:16.750+0000) > > That isn't real love. It's not noble or admirable or a sign of strength. I've been in that kind of position and I understand what it's like to want to keep going despite being miserable but it's not okay. No one can make you change, and if you end up staying in that pattern of abuse -- both from her and yourself by willingly being hurt all the time -- then that's up to you. But don't call it real love like what you're doing is better or more real than what other people experience. It's not healthy for you, it's not healthy for her, and it's definitely not healthy for your child which you should know full well after knowing what this exact same thing did to your child's mom. This isn't being a martyr, it's not showing strength, it's willingly accepting abuse and hurt over and over again that serves no purpose except to avoid the pain of ending it. I know how hard it can be to have the realization and how much harder it is to break the cycle and get away from it, and I know some random stranger on the internet probably won't be able to get that through to you, but it is just the acceptance of very serious emotional abuse. Calling it "real love" is hurting yourself and other people that are going, or will go, through the same thing. I agree with you actually. She and I do love eachother, but its definitely possible its just damaged beyond repair. I always felt that ending it would be what is best for me, but not whats best for her.
> [{quoted}](name=PhearBunny,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K7EzMaFw,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-07-12T19:27:55.698+0000) > > I agree with you actually. > She and I do love eachother, but its definitely possible its just damaged beyond repair. > I always felt that ending it would be what is best for me, but not whats best for her. I understand wanting to stay for her completely. That's what kept me in very, very bad situations. But it's very important to realize that you can't fix her, she's going to be the same if you're there or not, and by staying, two people are being hurt instead of just one. Or in your case, three are getting hurt because this continuing situation can't be good for your little one. This is a very important thing that can be hard to accept: You deserve to be happy, the same as everyone else. Whatever may have happened in the past, even if you did something you think you deserve to be punished for, you deserve to be happy. There comes a time when you have to put yourself first because you can't be any good for anyone else if you don't. You have to be the one to want to change your life, so I'm not going to tell you what you _should_ do or _have_ to do, but I do hope that you see that your happiness matters, and also that providing a stable environment for your daughter matters, and I hope that that you find a way to end this cycle. And I know I'm just some random dude on the internet, but I do believe in you. You posted on a public forum about what you're going through, and while I don't know what your reason was, you were strong enough to put yourself out there for people to see and judge, and if you're strong enough to do that, you're strong enough to break the cycle of hurt and abuse. You just have to decide if that's what will make you happiest in the long run, and if it is, to act on it.
: Real love.
That isn't real love. It's not noble or admirable or a sign of strength. I've been in that kind of position and I understand what it's like to want to keep going despite being miserable but it's not okay. No one can make you change, and if you end up staying in that pattern of abuse -- both from her and yourself by willingly being hurt all the time -- then that's up to you. But don't call it real love like what you're doing is better or more real than what other people experience. It's not healthy for you, it's not healthy for her, and it's definitely not healthy for your child which you should know full well after knowing what this exact same thing did to your child's mom. This isn't being a martyr, it's not showing strength, it's willingly accepting abuse and hurt over and over again that serves no purpose except to avoid the pain of ending it. I know how hard it can be to have the realization and how much harder it is to break the cycle and get away from it, and I know some random stranger on the internet probably won't be able to get that through to you, but it is just the acceptance of very serious emotional abuse. Calling it "real love" is hurting yourself and other people that are going, or will go, through the same thing.
: Is using good words instead of toxic words still toxic or no?
Flaming is toxic whatever words are used, and certain words make it worse. People are going to know what's meant when someone says "funk you" or "go frick yourself" or "eat spit and dry in a fire" or whatever, so just don't. If it was completely changed and someone called somebody "beautiful person" as a special personal code for "useless feeder" and things like that and it wasn't being spammed in chat and there wasn't any ping spamming, that would be different. Even then, if someone called one particular teammate something positive whenever the teammate died, there's still a decent chance the teammate that's dying will get annoyed by it and mute the person. I don't know if it would be punishable, though, so long as the person wasn't also saying toxic things and/or trolling and throwing games.
: How about making it so a team is never going to inevitably win? That's what Is cancer about this game.
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qlkAhYBu,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-06-19T19:16:04.918+0000) > > How about making it so a team is never going to inevitably win? That's what Is cancer about this game. The best games I've had in League are the longer games with a lot of back-and-forth where it wasn't clear who was going to win. There were so many moments of positive intensity back then even if I was losing because I knew I had a chance if I played it right and it felt great to go through those rises and dips. The game feeling like there's an inevitable outcome early now just creates negative intensity for whoever starts losing and getting the snowball going on my side feels boring very quickly. I really miss the days when either team could win even if one side was a bit ahead.
HeeroTX (NA)
: I completely, utterly, 100% agree with OP's all caps statement. That said, the post doesn't make sense. IF both teams have a chance in every game and IF the "losing" team has a chance to come back, then how the HELL does that solve the "problem" of games being too hard to close out when you're ahead?!? IMO, not being able to close out means you're not good enough or you're not good at using your lead. That is not a PROBLEM that needs to be solved, that's players being bad.
> [{quoted}](name=HeeroTX,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qlkAhYBu,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2018-06-19T15:05:26.287+0000) >IMO, not being able to close out means you're not good enough or you're not good at using your lead. That is not a PROBLEM that needs to be solved, that's players being bad. I've been playing for three-and-half years, and this was the attitude players and Riot had for pretty much my first year of playing and it was great. When Riot shifted to making it easier for games to finish when ahead (way back in patch 5.23 with the minions being stronger for the team that's ahead to make it easier to push towers when ahead and harder to manipulate your minion wave to push out and buy time when behind), things started slowly going downhill a bit as far as game quality for me, and that just got worse and worse as more changes were made to make closing out games easier because it makes snowballing so much more important. It's particularly sad because they said sometime around pre-season 6 (I think, it may have been a little later) that they didn't want stalling to be such a strong tactic but that they didn't want to eliminate it as a possible option. It's felt more and more as time has gone on that playing safe isn't supposed to be an option even when at a small deficit, though, with the very notable exception of earlier this year when late-game wave clear made defending sieges far too easy.
: There is a secret mission where you have to kill a chicken without being spotted. This triggers an event where chickens put their own bounty on your head and start chasing and attacking you on sight, any form of retailation puts you in prison.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YNE7G6IT,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-06-11T13:36:34.500+0000) > > There is a secret mission where you have to kill a chicken without being spotted. > > This triggers an event where chickens put their own bounty on your head and start chasing and attacking you on sight, any form of retailation puts you in prison. I thought that was from the new Zelda game.
Euneek (NA)
: I am commenting for the first time. The current state of LoL feels exactly like the time of WOW when everyone started to leave the game (before ghostcrawler left Blizzard). The melee warriors and assasins are mirroring DKs in WOW, they do so much more dmg than traditional AP without considering mana and cdr. If Riot wants to listen to the voice of players, do surveys in game (with gift) instead of only reading posts, it's like there are less than 20% players posts on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Euneek,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Wzj3qLMp,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2018-06-11T01:27:30.017+0000) > > I am commenting for the first time. > The current state of LoL feels exactly like the time of WOW when everyone started to leave the game (before ghostcrawler left Blizzard). > The melee warriors and assasins are mirroring DKs in WOW, they do so much more dmg than traditional AP without considering mana and cdr. > If Riot wants to listen to the voice of players, do surveys in game (with gift) instead of only reading posts, it's like there are less than 20% players posts on the boards. Riot does send out surveys by email. I've gotten several and I always fill them out, but they rarely seem to be about the bigger scope of "what do you think of the current state of the game." It's usually more like "what do you think of [recently released champion]" or something about Riot as a company without going into how it currently feels to play the game. I don't know how I got on the list to get the surveys, but I love filling them out, and I don't care about not getting a gift or anything to do it. Just kinda wish I had gotten some that are more generally about the state of the game because I really haven't liked it since preseason started, and the people I play with regularly feel the same way.
: > [{quoted}](name=ZiLess,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7lteQQVt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-07T09:23:58.013+0000) > > There was a point that was true > > season 5. guess what happened. > > > Everyone on reddit and boards cried so fucking much about long ass matchmaking and how they'd "rather just get in a game" > > > now we have this garbage. ? are u high or did you just not play before s5? correct me if im wrong but wasnt s5 the dynamic disaster? where for some odd reason they said fk solo que and matchmaking quality? anyone who played before s5 will tell u that since then the matchmaker has only gotten worse since then (wasnt great before but it was better) i mean shit, i can go as far as to say the game was more fair and balanced.....least back then if someone fed their ass off you could still win, shit even back then you needed multiple kills to one shot someone....now its like lvl 2-4 in certain matchups you can just be 100-0'd lol game went to shit slowly after s3 ended, and ramped up getting worse big time s5+ (not to say they didnt make SOME OK changes, but the good ones are to few and far inbetween mixed with like 8 broken things for every good change made) pretty much as soon as tencent became the overlords they stopped caring about gamestate and only started caring about game$tate
> [{quoted}](name=OldDirtay,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7lteQQVt,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-06-07T15:44:59.553+0000) > > ? are u high or did you just not play before s5? > > correct me if im wrong but wasnt s5 the dynamic disaster? where for some odd reason they said fk solo que and matchmaking quality? > > anyone who played before s5 will tell u that since then the matchmaker has only gotten worse since then (wasnt great before but it was better) > > i mean shit, i can go as far as to say the game was more fair and balanced.....least back then if someone fed their ass off you could still win, shit even back then you needed multiple kills to one shot someone....now its like lvl 2-4 in certain matchups you can just be 100-0'd lol > > game went to shit slowly after s3 ended, and ramped up getting worse big time s5+ (not to say they didnt make SOME OK changes, but the good ones are to few and far inbetween mixed with like 8 broken things for every good change made) > > pretty much as soon as tencent became the overlords they stopped caring about gamestate and only started caring about game$tate Dynamic queue was season 6. Season 5 was still solo/duo queue.
: Hypothetical: what would happen if Jax picked up a Darkin weapon?
The new Jax lore rework is going to be that he was three yordles in a diving suit that picked up a Darkin weapon and got fused into one body. They thought about getting revenge on someone but they couldn't figure out who and they're all super chill and get along great so they didn't bother.
Show more

Draffyr

Level 142 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion