: Some of my thoughts about League of Legends after more than 6 years of playing.
Been here since season 1. Totally agree with you. I only keep playing because its the only game I play when I have time to play anything. I still have fun and do well but all my friends are gone and I just play for the satisfaction of my own performance and filling the roles noone wants to play so we can actually have a good match without a feeder leaver troll autofilled position
GigglesO (NA)
: No Defense = Poor Gameplay
: Name 5 mid laners that don't have projectiles blockable with windwall
> [{quoted}](name=facemelter710,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UKINxF4z,comment-id=0003000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-15T08:16:29.560+0000) > > Name 5 mid laners that don't have projectiles blockable with windwall No? I said he is annoying to play against in any scenario. Supporting your point. I replied to Letri
MDayR (NA)
: Why can't Riot let us know the voice actors like other videogames compagnies?
lUGill (NA)
: Do you empathize at all with responding to people flaming with no clue what they are talking about?
Mute works fine. Not every jungler ganks alot. But that is the current meta so you will get flamed because that's what people do when you don't play meta. Mute them and roll your own way Sometimes I tell them that they can jungle next game if they so desire, until then, focus on playing your own champ because typing loses games.
: My bot lane died 20 times last game and toxic flamed me for losing them the game. All hope is lost
Leetri (EUW)
: The shield is removed with a single auto attack, the mobility only works if he's fighting in your minion wave and his windwall does jack shit if you don't have projectiles. So he CAN have good defences, but only if everything goes his way. People always assume the worst case scenario every time they complain about something, but that's not realistic.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UKINxF4z,comment-id=00030001000100000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T16:36:40.994+0000) > > The shield is removed with a single auto attack, the mobility only works if he's fighting in your minion wave and his windwall does jack shit if you don't have projectiles. So he CAN have good defences, but only if everything goes his way. People always assume the worst case scenario every time they complain about something, but that's not realistic. He is annoying to place against in any scenario. That is realistic.
Terozu (NA)
: Why hasn't Yasuo been changed when he has >60% banrate in 9 regions?(of 13)
I say give him Mana. 3 years of being on top, let him sit in trash tier till they figure it out.
: Few thoughts of a random dude on design choices made so far
: What exactly is "The Laning Phase"?
Loosely defined as the time when everyone for the most part stays in their lanes. Usually ends when a tower is destroyed in one lane and the laners start roaming, which begins midgame.
Hilsun (NA)
: Consensus: New W/Passive Mostly Sucks
> Make Denting Blows her passive, and make Blast Shield her W active!! Riot, literally just do for Vi exactly what you're doing for Teemo--make Denting Blows her passive that scales over the course of the game, rather than an "ability" for which you put in points as you level. You could even add some unique mechanic with Blast Shield, like: Denting Blows proc lowers CD by 3 seconds. If Blast Shield is not on CD, increase the next activation by 50%. Or something. I dunno I literally just thought of that right now as I write this. > This guy has got a good idea here.
: Would be pretty neat if we could ping the status of our runes.
: If there were an Advanced Bots game mode would you play it?
Yes I play bots everyday and I think of ways they should be more challenging. I practice my csing in a bot game before every ranked match and I set all my wards and go for all the objectives to simulate a real game and it's just weird when the bots don't contest things or venture into the jungle.
: Xerath
Dodge a skillshot. End thread. And really? Play the champ... It's his only defense.
: I think the level of advantage you get out of early leads is a little over the top right now. Sure maybe towers are harder to kill early, but now you get $ for killing plating so an individual person can get fed and snowball. I've been playing since season 2 and I can say with 100% objectivity that in all the games I play myself, and all the games I watch on stream, I've never seen the game more one dimensional. At high levels of play, while it is still much more robust than low levels, is extremely focused on winning lane phase. People's champion choice is decided by lane matchup 95% of the time. The days where you could just pick a champ into a not so great matchup and just soft sacrifice the lane in favor of picking a champ who really synergies well with your team, or is a team counter rather than lane counter, is over. Even if you watched/listened to pro play last season, the way the casters talk about closing out games has changed. It used to be "Well it looks like team X has accrued a 2k gold lead at 20 minutes, let's see how team Y plays around that gold deficit. They've got a couple options..." and so on. NOW it's more like "Well team X has accrued a 2k gold lead at 20 minutes, team Y is going to have to make a big miracle play here or it's pretty much looking like this one is over". Think about when TSM and Cloud 9 were head and shoulders above the rest of NA teams. Against lower tier teams they would lean on the strength of their players and win lane phase, but when they played each other or a couple other higher tier teams, they would VERY often soft sacrifice a lane or player, but put together these really good team comps. And then even if they got behind early they were allowed to play around/through the disadvantage with superior team fighting, rotations, and/or team comp. GOLD AND XP LEADS ARE MEANT TO BE SOMETHING TO GET YOU TO A WIN CONDITION, NOT THE WIN CONDITION ITSELF! It's just horrendous how easy it is to get to the point where a few players are so strong that team comps and champ synergy doesn't matter. And no one cares if solo q heroes complain about how frustrating it is to stomp during lane phase, but then lose because you can't team fight or control waves. Don't cry about it, learn all aspects of the game or take your beating and don't complain about how you don't understand why you keep losing.
> [{quoted}](name=Whisper87,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=hg3LEVsc,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-12-20T18:50:35.426+0000) > > I think the level of advantage you get out of early leads is a little over the top right now. Sure maybe towers are harder to kill early, but now you get $ for killing plating so an individual person can get fed and snowball. > > I've been playing since season 2 and I can say with 100% objectivity that in all the games I play myself, and all the games I watch on stream, I've never seen the game more one dimensional. At high levels of play, while it is still much more robust than low levels, is extremely focused on winning lane phase. People's champion choice is decided by lane matchup 95% of the time. The days where you could just pick a champ into a not so great matchup and just soft sacrifice the lane in favor of picking a champ who really synergies well with your team, or is a team counter rather than lane counter, is over. > > Even if you watched/listened to pro play last season, the way the casters talk about closing out games has changed. It used to be "Well it looks like team X has accrued a 2k gold lead at 20 minutes, let's see how team Y plays around that gold deficit. They've got a couple options..." and so on. NOW it's more like "Well team X has accrued a 2k gold lead at 20 minutes, team Y is going to have to make a big miracle play here or it's pretty much looking like this one is over". > > Think about when TSM and Cloud 9 were head and shoulders above the rest of NA teams. Against lower tier teams they would lean on the strength of their players and win lane phase, but when they played each other or a couple other higher tier teams, they would VERY often soft sacrifice a lane or player, but put together these really good team comps. And then even if they got behind early they were allowed to play around/through the disadvantage with superior team fighting, rotations, and/or team comp. > > GOLD AND XP LEADS ARE MEANT TO BE SOMETHING TO GET YOU TO A WIN CONDITION, NOT THE WIN CONDITION ITSELF! It's just horrendous how easy it is to get to the point where a few players are so strong that team comps and champ synergy doesn't matter. And no one cares if solo q heroes complain about how frustrating it is to stomp during lane phase, but then lose because you can't team fight or control waves. Don't cry about it, learn all aspects of the game or take your beating and don't complain about how you don't understand why you keep losing. Well said.
: Damage meta. Reject or accept?
Neosphoros (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Kai Guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aplm97oi,comment-id=000300000000000000010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T18:28:45.909+0000) > > We can work with this. > > If you read a little bit Wikipedia on it you will find that its used by a lot more then just chess. The second sentence of Wikipedia is "the Elo system was originally invented as an improved chess rating system over the previously used Harkness system, but is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of video games,[1] association football, American football, basketball,[2] Major League Baseball, table tennis, Scrabble, board games such as Diplomacy (game) and other games." ...and I'm absoultely agree. There is only one big difference. All of those games - oposite to LOL, are based still on evaluation only one player (in meaning as a team) and not whole group of players. All of those games are making a matches against single players in 1vs1 formule. Even if there will be a basketball team, a player will be controling whole team. So he can be rated with just only traditional function of ELO system even withou changes. > > > Section 2 of the page is about different systems. Heres that. > Different ratings systems. > > The phrase "Elo rating" is often used to mean a player's chess rating as calculated by FIDE. However, this usage is confusing and misleading because **Elo's general ideas have been adopted by many organizations,** including the USCF (before FIDE), many other national chess federations, the short-lived Professional Chess Association (PCA), and online chess servers including the Internet Chess Club (ICC), Free Internet Chess Server (FICS), and Yahoo! Games. **Each organization has a unique implementation, and none of them follows Elo's original suggestions precisely. It would be more accurate to refer to all of the above ratings as Elo ratings and none of them as The Elo rating. ** But difference is only a rating value of specific ELO system and it is based on same formula. > > Riot did change it. They call their system League system. It works off MMR. In regards to function, your MMR Replaced your Elo rating. Riot used Elo rating in season 1 and 2. Season 1 and 2 Matchmaker built games around players Assigned Elo Rating Number. Seasons 3 onwards Matchmaker has built games around a players assigned MMR Number.[Riot talking about using Elo](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2744128) This information is worthless. First of all it becouse it is dated on 2012 year. For the secound it does not explain nothing. > > Ok. Proper name is where your stuck then. Need to find a way to help you understand that Elo rating systems are a term commonly applied to derivatives in addition to Arpad's system. Need to make you understand that we are not talking about "THE" Elo rating system, we are talking about Elo rating systems as a whole. A much broader topic. System ELO in traditional meaning can be applied to any game/team controled by only one player and it still does not matter if it will be football gme , American football game, basketball game, Major League Baseball game, table tennis, Scrabble becouse if whole team can be controled by one player - it still fit to system ELO description - and that is why the name of this system for those games - do not have be changed. LOL oposite to those games is not a 1vs1 type game but RANDOM (keyword) 5vs5 game (if it is about draft, and Ranked duo/solo games)... and becouse system ELO does not describe of 5vs5 games - system should have different name and it can not be based on ELO system, at least ELO as we now. System ELO can work with LOL, but only with CONSTANT/FIXED (keyword) team (with same players) then whole team could be evaluated/rated in ELO way as a one/unity. > > Do you understand why "Elo Rating System" is a term with wider application of meaning then just the original work of Arpad Elo and is used for multiple different systems? By looking on your question and by trying to relate them to things I wrote above - it is possible to write that this question make no sense because it is you - who do not understand logic and sense of applicability ELO system to specific environment.
> [{quoted}](name=Neosphoros,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEcPrLo8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T21:18:21.263+0000) > > ...and I'm absoultely agree. > There is only one big difference. All of those games - oposite to LOL, are based still on evaluation only one player (in meaning as a team) and not whole group of players. All of those games are making a matches against single players in 1vs1 formule. Even if there will be a basketball team, a player will be controling whole team. So he can be rated with just only traditional function of ELO system even withou changes. > > But difference is only a rating value of specific ELO system and it is based on same formula. > > This information is worthless. First of all it becouse it is dated on 2012 year. For the secound it does not explain nothing. > > System ELO in traditional meaning can be applied to any game/team controled by only one player and it still does not matter if it will be football gme , American football game, basketball game, Major League Baseball game, table tennis, Scrabble becouse if whole team can be controled by one player - it still fit to system ELO description - and that is why the name of this system for those games - do not have be changed. > > LOL oposite to those games is not a 1vs1 type game but RANDOM (keyword) 5vs5 game (if it is about draft, and Ranked duo/solo games)... and becouse system ELO does not describe of 5vs5 games - system should have different name and it can not be based on ELO system, at least ELO as we now. > > System ELO can work with LOL, but only with CONSTANT/FIXED (keyword) team (with same players) then whole team could be evaluated/rated in ELO way as a one/unity. > > By looking on your question and by trying to relate them to things I wrote above - it is possible to write that this question make no sense because it is you - who do not understand logic and sense of applicability ELO system to specific environment. Your post is so poorly made it is not worth the space here. His actually made sense
iiRebs (NA)
: High Elo: Efficiently CS, Abuse CD and trade windows, uses wave manipulation tactics effectively, understands rotations, proper target selection and engagement, plays around objectives, knowledgeable about match ups Anything else?
> [{quoted}](name=iiRebs,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qipauuhF,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-18T20:21:43.589+0000) > > High Elo: Efficiently CS, Abuse CD and trade windows, uses wave manipulation tactics effectively, understands rotations, proper target selection and engagement, plays around objectives, knowledgeable about match ups > > Anything else? Map awareness, tendency to tunnel vision.
: > [{quoted}](name=Anìmê,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKoV1efU,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-12-15T00:35:52.759+0000) > > Xin? He is definitely different then the others by a lot. He does practically the same thing as Shyvana, but worse.
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKoV1efU,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-12-15T10:20:23.159+0000) > > He does practically the same thing as Shyvana, but worse. What in the world? Get out of this thread.
: If we are complaining about dragons you sir can get in line {{champion:136}}
> [{quoted}](name=Armillus Dynat,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKoV1efU,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2018-12-15T06:21:46.114+0000) > > If we are complaining about dragons you sir can get in line {{champion:136}} At least he is playable. He's just not very good.
: {{champion:77}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:102}} basically the same champ with different flavours
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKoV1efU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-15T00:31:12.196+0000) > > {{champion:77}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:102}} basically the same champ with different flavours Um no. The other two have cc and multiple build paths
Moody P (NA)
: I take an interest in every juggernaut. I'm close to M5 or better on all of them but Shyvana might end up being my wall. I legitimately cannot stomach playing her. It might just be current meta because I've got a decent amount of games on her before the mastery system, but... I don't know how she actually manages to have dedicated one tricks. I'd like Shyvana to actually do something. At this point it doesn't even need to be something unique to Shyvana; just.. **something.**
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WKoV1efU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-14T23:07:17.099+0000) > > I take an interest in every juggernaut. I'm close to M5 or better on all of them but Shyvana might end up being my wall. I legitimately cannot stomach playing her. It might just be current meta because I've got a decent amount of games on her before the mastery system, but... I don't know how she actually manages to have dedicated one tricks. > > I'd like Shyvana to actually do something. At this point it doesn't even need to be something unique to Shyvana; just.. **something.** It is very sad, her state is such that you have to bring friends to select her nowadays.
: Because he told a Beta player to adapt? Someone who has seen more changes over almost ten years than he ever will, and might complain once a year or so? Also told someone with a net positive winrate over nearly 30,000 games that Smart Cast is the only way to play - despite performing exceptionally well in all roles except the one complained about? Haven't really done ranked, other than poking at it last season to see if it was as bad as everyone said, since Season 2 - wherein my name is still in credits for the early tournaments as Felreaper - but he walked in with the instant presumption that someone is a lesser player because he doesn't devote endless hours to Ranked. Some of us have kids and jobs now days.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HHfj8mEQ,comment-id=000200010001,timestamp=2018-12-12T01:38:55.149+0000) > > Because he told a Beta player to adapt? Someone who has seen more changes over almost ten years than he ever will, and might complain once a year or so? Also told someone with a net positive winrate over nearly 30,000 games that Smart Cast is the only way to play - despite performing exceptionally well in all roles except the one complained about? > > > Haven't really done ranked, other than poking at it last season to see if it was as bad as everyone said, since Season 2 - wherein my name is still in credits for the early tournaments as Felreaper - but he walked in with the instant presumption that someone is a lesser player because he doesn't devote endless hours to Ranked. Some of us have kids and jobs now days. You are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage on purpose so yes if you wanna react faster it takes less time to press one button than multiple.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: Learn to smartccast then. And there are plenty of non mage supports who still work eg.: Blitz, Tresh, Shen, Leona. I really can't feel sympathetic towards someone who can't improve and adapt at all. At least say that your favorite class of supports has been nerfed, don't diss a whole role because of your particular hang-ups.
> [{quoted}](name=ZaFishbone,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HHfj8mEQ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-11T13:46:01.754+0000) > > Learn to smartccast then. And there are plenty of non mage supports who still work eg.: Blitz, Tresh, Shen, Leona. > > I really can't feel sympathetic towards someone who can't improve and adapt at all. At least say that your favorite class of supports has been nerfed, don't diss a whole role because of your particular hang-ups. This guy is right. What's up with the down votes. You need to use smartcast to be competitive in the call of duty one shot meta. Not using smartcast is like trying to use a controller instead of a keyboard.
: Most of the Rioters make robot posts these days but I'm not sure if it's really our fault. The community used to be pretty balanced aside from the people who were just flat out of their minds. We gave credit where it was due, and complained when it was necessary. These days the community is very aggressive towards Riot and it usually feels as if they can't get anything right. Riot isn't the same company either though, I do feel there's a bit less transparency and communication. Riot as a company has changed in a lot of ways, including the Rioters who work there. You could try and suggest that the boards are only one aspect of discussion, but really, social media, reddit, and youtube all tend to mimic a lot of points made here, so while it might be different groups of people, the sentiments are pretty similar.
> [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Aod3ag7R,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-05T13:37:31.361+0000) > > Most of the Rioters make robot posts these days but I'm not sure if it's really our fault. > > The community used to be pretty balanced aside from the people who were just flat out of their minds. We gave credit where it was due, and complained when it was necessary. > > These days the community is very aggressive towards Riot and it usually feels as if they can't get anything right. Riot isn't the same company either though, I do feel there's a bit less transparency and communication. Riot as a company has changed in a lot of ways, including the Rioters who work there. You could try and suggest that the boards are only one aspect of discussion, but really, social media, reddit, and youtube all tend to mimic a lot of points made here, so while it might be different groups of people, the sentiments are pretty similar. I've been reading the same things on the boards for months. Very few opinions differ and everyone I know has quit the game.
TehNACHO (NA)
: >If you played a tanky jungler, it wouldn't matter if you got invaded because you had the raw stats to survive long enough for your team to come back you up. Ehh, are we remembering the same Jungle? Excluding Amumu and Rammus who were perpetual sleeper ops, the Jungle was often very literally defined by a holy trinity of high aggro Junglers at least before S5 or so. Some trio of Lee Sin/Elise/Lee Sin/Evelynn/Lee Sin/Vi/Lee Sin/and sometimes Jarvan. This was largely because not only did they have absolutely fantastic ganks early and decent enough utility late, but because their clear speeds were so extraordinary that they outpaced tank junglers and even had free time to counter jungle and bully tank junglers head on, invalidating most tank jungle picks in any decent enough elo that people were aware enough to counter jungle. I like the sentiment of this post but this just sticks out to me. S5+ Jungle, perhaps until the Lv3/3 camps to Lv3/4 camps change was ideal, but S4 and older Jungles were harsh as fuck.
> [{quoted}](name=TehNACHO,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=G9FFmEq7,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-12-04T23:12:38.489+0000) > > Ehh, are we remembering the same Jungle? > > Excluding Amumu and Rammus who were perpetual sleeper ops, the Jungle was often very literally defined by a holy trinity of high aggro Junglers at least before S5 or so. Some trio of Lee Sin/Elise/Lee Sin/Evelynn/Lee Sin/Vi/Lee Sin/and sometimes Jarvan. This was largely because not only did they have absolutely fantastic ganks early and decent enough utility late, but because their clear speeds were so extraordinary that they outpaced tank junglers and even had free time to counter jungle and bully tank junglers head on, invalidating most tank jungle picks in any decent enough elo that people were aware enough to counter jungle. > > I like the sentiment of this post but this just sticks out to me. S5+ Jungle, perhaps until the Lv3/3 camps to Lv3/4 camps change was ideal, but S4 and older Jungles were harsh as fuck. In my elo. You have always been able to play whatever you wanted wherever and could expect to do okay if you played well. Now it's autolose lane if your team bans badly and you didn't pick an op.
Senpanda (NA)
: My favorite part about league is constantly losing because one lane forgets how to play
> [{quoted}](name=Senpanda,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ovNE7xEY,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-02T21:19:37.774+0000) > > Doesn't matter how well i play when there's consistently one moron in either top or bot who dies every time they go to lane and feeds so much free gold that it's impossible to win. Game is easy to stomp. Playing safe is dead. All damage builds win. Defense is dead. Call of duty one shot meta.
: NA vs EUW
> [{quoted}](name=Cait Main,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=qNkK4jAA,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-03T06:52:36.556+0000) > > I accidentally stumbled upon the EUW boards and one thing I noticed is THEY DON'T JUST REPEAT POST ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THE GAME IS. > > I am not saying that EUW players don't hate the game state but they use their boards for constructive comments more so. Over here we just have constant posts about how "S4 was soo much better" and "This game is soo bad now." I don't see a reason for a rioter to ever be on these boards unless they are literally required with how hive-minded the NA boards are. > > Its like we spend more time complaining about the game rather than trying to innovate solutions for our problems. Damage is too high but that doesn't mean you have to skip that GA or QSS on jinx. Maybe in some games getting a zhonyas on a sion is better because it gives that guaranteed survivability. Frozen mallet on a marksmen might be playable. These solutions may all be absolutely terrible but its better than queueing up for a game, gettting 1 shot by an assassin, then going to the boards and complaining about damage. > > If all else fails, you aren't required to play League of Legends. Actions speak louder than words so maybe its time for you to hang up the towel. Good luck getting to some of those items.
: yeah its still fairly easy to tower dive, especially if theres one semi tanky person.
> [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xLe1wtv8,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-03T17:46:49.115+0000) > > yeah its still fairly easy to tower dive, especially if theres one semi tanky person. It doesn't even have to be anyone semi tanky. Double dark harvest bot lanes like mf and zyra only need to hit one ability each to kill you it feels like. So under tower they fire off and maybe take one shot and you are already dead or limping away. Rinse and repeat they have ~1000 tower gold cause as soon as they get one kill your jungler is like... Nope... Not going there. They are feeding.
: I've seen Riven jungle before and it works well once you get an item or two. But sadly we're cucked because unfortunately your question is true, even though Riot is trying to say otherwise. Although a better way to answer your question is this: Anything that is below 100-0ing people or aren't "flashy" = off meta = troll.
> [{quoted}](name=Burns Master,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lAM1ayVE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-03T17:53:48.939+0000) > > I've seen Riven jungle before and it works well once you get an item or two. > > But sadly we're cucked because unfortunately your question is true, even though Riot is trying to say otherwise. Although a better way to answer your question is this: > > Anything that is below 100-0ing people or aren't "flashy" = off meta = troll. The Meta is 100-0 instant damage. I love the idea of playing off meta picks. It's my favorite cause when I queue into league I usually have a champ in mind or a fantasy to play. However, this is now unsupported. Where before it was maybe not the best option but not a complete hamstring of your team.
: ik it doesnt matter, but im really competitive, and i just cant wrap my head around people feeding. Its not like they're tower diving you at every point of the game, its just you repeatedly doing stupid things that eventually leads to the enemy snowballing. Like after you died 3 times I feel like you should just hug tower and let someone else carry you.
> [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xLe1wtv8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T16:14:47.011+0000) > > ik it doesnt matter, but im really competitive, and i just cant wrap my head around people feeding. Its not like they're tower diving you at every point of the game, its just you repeatedly doing stupid things that eventually leads to the enemy snowballing. Like after you died 3 times I feel like you should just hug tower and let someone else carry you. Also damage is so high tower hugging is a joke.
: Is it meta needs to stop
> [{quoted}](name=reaper4042,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xLe1wtv8,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-03T15:57:00.369+0000) > > Recently I got demoted from gold5 to silver1. Ill climb back to gold soon enough but good lord, will i have to tryhard. This new Is it meta bullshit is starting to get out of hand. Literally every game has one person who doesnt know what they're doing, and they either int or afk. Set a new loss record btw, 9 games in a row. I even sent a ticket to riot and they explained to me how their matchmaking algorithm works. Evidently as it matches you with people similar to your skill level, it does not register player behavior. In essence you can freely feed as many kills as you want and as long as you dont afk or say any banned words, the system won't pick it up. Putting aside how broken that is, why is it that I can't play rakan and have fun, when my 2/12 ezreal flames me for not being good enough. I dont deal damage dipshit, learn to fucking land a q. Literally all my games, bot lane is the worst when compared to other lanes. Idk how tf there is such a massive difference between 4 people who are "matched according to elo" but evidently going 2/12 then staying at base is acceptable. > > Welcome to the the new meta boys, Preseason intfest. The "Meta" is completely unforgiving. So if you make one mistake you lose. It doesn't matter how good you are. It only takes one mistake.
: How much fed you need to be to just bring someone to half health with few teemo shot or one panth's spear? If they keep their hp high, you will never proc dark harvest.
> [{quoted}](name=The Darkened,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JTZslW5a,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-11-26T14:44:03.492+0000) > > How much fed you need to be to just bring someone to half health with few teemo shot or one panth's spear? If they keep their hp high, you will never proc dark harvest. Too hard to keep your hp high. Unless you are a shield tank.
: > Make it do 1/3rd damage on aoe abilities or dot abilities The reason other thing proc like this (Gunblade healing) is because you can hit more targets thus doing more damage making it do reduced damage even though Dark harvest Affects only 1 enemy champ would be the same as just nerfing dark harvest damage to a third. Though they should just remove the base damage all together and make it do basically no damage until you get a lot of stacks. I just want to put an emote here {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
> [{quoted}](name=nightwraith king,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JTZslW5a,comment-id=000700000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-30T00:00:33.345+0000) > > The reason other thing proc like this (Gunblade healing) is because you can hit more targets thus doing more damage making it do reduced damage even though Dark harvest Affects only 1 enemy champ would be the same as just nerfing dark harvest damage to a third. Though they should just remove the base damage all together and make it do basically no damage until you get a lot of stacks. > > I just want to put an emote here {{sticker:vlad-salute}} I know the reason. It was an idea for a simple fix.
: What is the story behind your summoner name?
When they did the first summoner name release I wanted Dragon but it was unavailable so I got Dragons. I like it better now than Dragon. It has grown on me. I get alot of compliments.
: I really wished people played TT because they really wanted to play TT
It's really fun. I feel that they are gonna delete it though. Played way more than than anything else this year.
: Actually you'd be surprised, i got banned in season 7, 2 months b4 the season ended, and im still not even honor 2. Once you get banned, its almost impossible to get honor back
> [{quoted}](name=Davínand,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=o1bhE10A,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-11-14T19:51:40.098+0000) > > Actually you'd be surprised, i got banned in season 7, 2 months b4 the season ended, and im still not even honor 2. Once you get banned, its almost impossible to get honor back Oh I cry for you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dragons,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plPLMmrE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-14T16:56:26.449+0000) > > Placement match's are shit shows that don't mean anything as well. People are at such wildly different skill levels every year during placements that they resemble Aram half the time. > > ESPECIALLY Twisted treeline placements. > > I think your account should have to have like 500 draft PVP games to be eligible for solo duo ranked because until you do that you can't possibly know how to play in ranked. I'd consider myself an average player and I've been playing since season 1. This year is the first year I made it to gold and It wasn't easy despite having so much experience. > > Positional MMR comes out this season which should help alot though. For me anyway because I've chose to learn like 50 champs so some games I can be an S+ player and some games I'm barely a B player. > > I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've had alot of mains... I went straight into ranked after I hit level 30 and I'm a Season 2 player. Went from Silver 4 to Plat 2 (Less than 450 games) in a season but I may be just an extreme. I don't entirely disagree with the placements (many friends that I have who are garbage literally don't play ranked if they place Silver 5), but I can also tell you that carrying bad teammates is not impossible. It's the difference between LEADING and FLAMING. I've made smurfs with bronze/silver/gold teammates who feed but am still able to carry. Personally, I despise positional mmr because if you're at an even average/decent elo, knowledge of the game trumps the skill of "mains" in Gold or below. For example, you can first-time Akali and defeat an Akali main in gold. This makes it extremely unbalanced in position ranks if I were to choose to queue up for Support or ADC in Silver if Top/Mid/Jg were all in Plat+. This, combined with the fact that I play 4 different roles interchangeably (Top>Jg>Mid>Sup) means positional mmr is alienating players like me who play many different roles. Also to the Twisted Treeline thing: I believe that the reason Twisted Treeline placements have such wonky matchmaking because most players who play twisted treeline are either complete garbage or extremely good in comparison. Many twisted treeline players lack knowledge or maco that makes it extremely easy for someone like me to carry even with 2 very behind teammates. I played 10 placements in Twisted Treeline. I won 7 of them, losing the first three because I was trying to figure out what champion can 1v3 and scale the best in Twisted Treeline. The first three games of losses I had Bronze teammates in both 5v5s and 3v3s. Then I decided to try playing Irelia the next 7 games and then matchmaking started placing me with Diamonds Twisted Treeline Players and other 5v5 players in similar ranks to me. I don't believe the matchmaking is that screwed up, I just believe the Twisted Treeline MMR does not correspond very well to 5v5 mmrs. From personal experience, it seems like a Diamond twisted treeline player is probably high gold in 5v5.
> [{quoted}](name=OneBarrel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plPLMmrE,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-11-14T23:46:14.557+0000) > > I went straight into ranked after I hit level 30 and I'm a Season 2 player. Went from Silver 4 to Plat 2 (Less than 450 games) in a season but I may be just an extreme. I don't entirely disagree with the placements (many friends that I have who are garbage literally don't play ranked if they place Silver 5), but I can also tell you that carrying bad teammates is not impossible. It's the difference between LEADING and FLAMING. I've made smurfs with bronze/silver/gold teammates who feed but am still able to carry. Personally, I despise positional mmr because if you're at an even average/decent elo, knowledge of the game trumps the skill of "mains" in Gold or below. For example, you can first-time Akali and defeat an Akali main in gold. This makes it extremely unbalanced in position ranks if I were to choose to queue up for Support or ADC in Silver if Top/Mid/Jg were all in Plat+. This, combined with the fact that I play 4 different roles interchangeably (Top>Jg>Mid>Sup) means positional mmr is alienating players like me who play many different roles. > > Also to the Twisted Treeline thing: I believe that the reason Twisted Treeline placements have such wonky matchmaking because most players who play twisted treeline are either complete garbage or extremely good in comparison. Many twisted treeline players lack knowledge or maco that makes it extremely easy for someone like me to carry even with 2 very behind teammates. I played 10 placements in Twisted Treeline. I won 7 of them, losing the first three because I was trying to figure out what champion can 1v3 and scale the best in Twisted Treeline. The first three games of losses I had Bronze teammates in both 5v5s and 3v3s. Then I decided to try playing Irelia the next 7 games and then matchmaking started placing me with Diamonds Twisted Treeline Players and other 5v5 players in similar ranks to me. I don't believe the matchmaking is that screwed up, I just believe the Twisted Treeline MMR does not correspond very well to 5v5 mmrs. From personal experience, it seems like a Diamond twisted treeline player is probably high gold in 5v5. I think you are just supporting my point.
: > [{quoted}](name=Dragons,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plPLMmrE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-14T16:56:26.449+0000) > > Placement match's are shit shows that don't mean anything as well. People are at such wildly different skill levels every year during placements that they resemble Aram half the time. > > ESPECIALLY Twisted treeline placements. > > I think your account should have to have like 500 draft PVP games to be eligible for solo duo ranked because until you do that you can't possibly know how to play in ranked. I'd consider myself an average player and I've been playing since season 1. This year is the first year I made it to gold and It wasn't easy despite having so much experience. > > Positional MMR comes out this season which should help alot though. For me anyway because I've chose to learn like 50 champs so some games I can be an S+ player and some games I'm barely a B player. > > I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've had alot of mains... Been playing since season 1 and just now made gold? So you finally took the game seriously? :)
> [{quoted}](name=The Swift Sc0ut,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plPLMmrE,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-11-15T17:26:10.842+0000) > > Been playing since season 1 and just now made gold? So you finally took the game seriously? :) Maybe I'm an average player.
: So just to point out why Dark harvest Resets on kills. Its because it would be harder to stack. If it did not reset the stacks could only max out at 1 per 45 secs. This would mean for dark harvest to surpass electrocute in damage you would have to proc it every 45 secs. for 20 minutes. I do agree with a lot of the points you have made but was to scared to make a post on it. The idea of limiting the ways to proc dark harvest would balance it out but to continue the changes rather then removing the reset completely and by proxy removing the point of dark harvest I would suggest making dark harvest either deal reduced damage per reset for instance every consecutive dark harvest proc deal 20% reduced damage making it so that you can only deal 300% of the dark harvest damage in a team fight and then having the reduced damage resetting after 45 sec. Another Idea that I had was to remove the resets damage and make it so that you get the stacks and something like 5 secs. off of dark harvests cooldown. Over all though I do like you post a lot its nice {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
> [{quoted}](name=nightwraith king,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JTZslW5a,comment-id=0007000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T03:14:14.924+0000) > > So just to point out why Dark harvest Resets on kills. Its because it would be harder to stack. If it did not reset the stacks could only max out at 1 per 45 secs. This would mean for dark harvest to surpass electrocute in damage you would have to proc it every 45 secs. for 20 minutes. > > I do agree with a lot of the points you have made but was to scared to make a post on it. The idea of limiting the ways to proc dark harvest would balance it out but to continue the changes rather then removing the reset completely and by proxy removing the point of dark harvest I would suggest making dark harvest either deal reduced damage per reset for instance every consecutive dark harvest proc deal 20% reduced damage making it so that you can only deal 300% of the dark harvest damage in a team fight and then having the reduced damage resetting after 45 sec. Another Idea that I had was to remove the resets damage and make it so that you get the stacks and something like 5 secs. off of dark harvests cooldown. > > Over all though I do like you post a lot its nice {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}} Make it do 1/3rd damage on aoe abilities or dot abilities. Make people have to actually work if they want their damage. My opinion. And I think every 45 seconds would be fine. Make them proc it on cooldown. Works for me. Hate the whole audience that is even interested in this.
: What majority of NA players? Do you have access to some secret group that has that many people in its membership? There are millions of people playing this game. The boards don’t make up a percentage point of that. Neither does Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc. And even on each of those communities, there is difference in opinions of what the game state is. And I don’t backtrack.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MhzEpfgA,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-26T18:08:35.556+0000) > > What majority of NA players? Do you have access to some secret group that has that many people in its membership? > > There are millions of people playing this game. The boards don’t make up a percentage point of that. Neither does Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc. > > And even on each of those communities, there is difference in opinions of what the game state is. > > And I don’t backtrack. Ya. Most of us disagree with you.
: > [{quoted}](name=TheSnowyLeopard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ionrPytJ,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T16:50:07.632+0000) > > My point that A) its not a common occerance because its: > B) not a problematic strat. > > Any strategy thats heavily abusable, IS ABUSED, thats what makes it problematic > > This strategy is a strategy that works yes, but only against the right teams, just like full damage assassins, Or full ap mages. > > Do you also think that singed support smite exsists therefore its problematic? I sure as hell dont. If someone is willing to take the risk of running into towers constantly to DIE to take towers, then I say go for it, while that is happening my team wins a 4 v 5 and we take the damn nexus. > > and again, the one time he faced it, HE WON so its not even a problem there lol. I think you misunderstood what i mean by problematic. I do not mean its simply "used a lot". Its problematic because of the following: - It removes the effect the other players have on the game it puts it strictly in Sion's hands. If he performs it well his teammates dont matter, if he executes it poorly its a 4v5 game. - It completely takes out a lot of the elements of the game - It makes the rest of your team feel useless and have little to no impactful - It promotes multiple deaths in a game where dying is suppose to be a negative and in fact suppose to give the enemy more of an advantage. Its problematic because of things like these not because of how often it is picked. I didnt actually run into Yi/Taric a whole lot either but it was still problematic.
> [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ionrPytJ,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T17:08:16.368+0000) > > I think you misunderstood what i mean by problematic. I do not mean its simply "used a lot". Its problematic because of the following: > > - It removes the effect the other players have on the game it puts it strictly in Sion's hands. If he performs it well his teammates dont matter, if he executes it poorly its a 4v5 game. > > - It completely takes out a lot of the elements of the game > > - It makes the rest of your team feel useless and have little to no impactful > > - It promotes multiple deaths in a game where dying is suppose to be a negative and in fact suppose to give the enemy more of an advantage. > > Its problematic because of things like these not because of how often it is picked. I didnt actually run into Yi/Taric a whole lot either but it was still problematic. I've just reported all of them for inting.
: Because his passive is already weak as hell, bordering on useless, and doing that would remove the one niche use that his passive has finally managed to find.
> [{quoted}](name=Strawberrycocoa,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ionrPytJ,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-11-14T16:50:03.200+0000) > > Because his passive is already weak as hell, bordering on useless, and doing that would remove the one niche use that his passive has finally managed to find. I don't think you play Sion if you think the passive is useless. It is okay and situational and gives him threat as a tank. Something they seem to be adding this preseason is more reasons to focus tanks. The amount of "feels bad" times on his passive can be fairly high already with so much mobility in the game. I am on the fence about removing the ability to damage towers because sometimes the tower is the only target you can reliably reach when you die and it will increase the "feels bad" cases. Inting Sion imo will be fixed with the bounty changes/report system (inters) and players learning how to play against it over time.
: Lol. well if it doesnt work in silver... And it isnt played in gold/platinum/Diamond... must not be a common occerance.
> [{quoted}](name=TheSnowyLeopard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ionrPytJ,comment-id=0001000000020000,timestamp=2018-11-14T16:45:42.075+0000) > > Lol. well if it doesnt work in silver... And it isnt played in gold/platinum/Diamond... > > must not be a common occerance. I'd say it was common for like a week or two at my level and very unsuccessful. Makes me sad because the people playing this strat probably would have won if theyd have just played the game correctly. I have put a ton of time into Sion and I won't pick him up again till they nerf him cause I don't wanna be associated with these trolls lol. Sion is REALLY good all by himself without ignoring everything for the tower.
moronpad (EUW)
: new players are always placed too high in their first ranked placements
> [{quoted}](name=moronpad,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=plPLMmrE,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-14T12:15:05.726+0000) > > I have introduced LoL to multiple friends and after achieving LV 30 and completing their placements they get placed mid/high silver. they often feed all 10 games and just through the nature of a LoL game get carried to 3/4 wins. Some even opting to play support, a role and champions (soraka) they do not play simply because of how easy it is to rely on the rest of your team and aim for a 50% win rate in placements. This inflated rank then dissuades them from playing ranked games because they feed in the too highly ranked games, get flames by more experienced and serious players and most of all the fear of dropping rank's out of silver and down into bronze embarrases them. I understand the smurfing problem the game has but new players need to be placed lower, so that they are pushed to play more ranked games to achieve their deserved rank, which is higher than their placed rank. rather than having their deserved rank be lower than their placed rank and fear playing ranked games. Placement match's are shit shows that don't mean anything as well. People are at such wildly different skill levels every year during placements that they resemble Aram half the time. ESPECIALLY Twisted treeline placements. I think your account should have to have like 500 draft PVP games to be eligible for solo duo ranked because until you do that you can't possibly know how to play in ranked. I'd consider myself an average player and I've been playing since season 1. This year is the first year I made it to gold and It wasn't easy despite having so much experience. Positional MMR comes out this season which should help alot though. For me anyway because I've chose to learn like 50 champs so some games I can be an S+ player and some games I'm barely a B player. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've had alot of mains...
: I have never once encoutered this strategy in a ranked game, neither has my diamond friends. If you are refering to "plagues the game" please provide evidence.
> [{quoted}](name=TheSnowyLeopard,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ionrPytJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-11-14T15:29:13.301+0000) > > I have never once encoutered this strategy in a ranked game, neither has my diamond friends. If you are refering to "plagues the game" please provide evidence. I've seen it, never seen anyone succeed with it in silver tho
: You climbed to 90lp
> [{quoted}](name=Dope Solo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7A7kh9vA,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-14T00:54:53.738+0000) > > Then lost every game till you were at 0 lp. How common is this experience? Tilt is real.
: There is still hope a message from RIOT
Honor 2 isn't hard to get. Man bunch of whiners.
AR URF (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=WeaselRune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=siOEAgve,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-11-13T04:06:29.628+0000) > > No offense, but it sounds like youre spending most of your time trying to tell people how to play rather than focusing on putting forth your own best effort. > > Even if all your points are right, most people in this game dont react well being told... err... anything. So all youre doing is tilting your team more than likely. > > Try focusing on doing your best, and when you see people making mistakes.... say nothing. When you see people do well, say "gj (champ here)." I bet if you did that you would probably climb. You cant play well cause your tilting over their mistakes and getting into chat wars with people, and they cant play well cause they get salty over you telling them what to do. > > Also, Silver can be pretty bad... but its nothing compared to Bronze. People in Bronze either have very poor understanding of the game, have some sort of issue that limits them, or want to be there to antagonize the people there. > > Iv maintained for a very long time that the only people in Bronze 5 are very smart cats that can only play by walking across the keyboard, and the people that want to be in Bronze 5 to be toxic to those cats and tell them to uninstall. Thats a joke, but.... I mean its probably true. > > In this next season though. If telling people how to play hasnt been working for you.... stop doing it. Play YOUR best, and stop playing for a while if you get tilted. > > Good luck. I don't sit there all game and tell people how to play. I think you're projecting. I drop hints, like "hey they're all ap, build mr. Or we need a tank. Thing is we all have some input that we can add to the game that is generally spot on. I tend to get my advice from high elo players that I watch on youtube so It's not usually my own. Like for example taking mid inhibitor before we take baron, when the death timers are at 30 seconds.
> [{quoted}](name=AR URF,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=siOEAgve,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-13T04:21:41.635+0000) > > I don't sit there all game and tell people how to play. I think you're projecting. I drop hints, like "hey they're all ap, build mr. Or we need a tank. Thing is we all have some input that we can add to the game that is generally spot on. I tend to get my advice from high elo players that I watch on youtube so It's not usually my own. Like for example taking mid inhibitor before we take baron, when the death timers are at 30 seconds. Yeah right
: > [{quoted}](name=Leto GT,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a970EAZZ,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-06T11:32:52.964+0000) > > Yi excels in lategame. Meanwhile urgot is early-mid during which he can also 100-0 ppl in a few seconds. So you're fine with dealing this kind of damage yourself during 2/3 of a game but you find awkward that some others champion can destroy you the same way past a certain time in the game because they outscale you? Dude i not talking about champions here, more like about that over 2k true damage when i have thornmail. That damage rammus amumu,etc will take that damag doesn't get affected by armor anymore or hp. That what i call ba, talking about urgot as he can just q + 2 AA assassins squishy with that build whike able to melt tankers within seconds? Legit no more toxic champion in game right now more than yi cause be legit play as assassins and hypercarry
> [{quoted}](name=ValiantKiller,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=a970EAZZ,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-11-06T13:49:39.485+0000) > > Dude i not talking about champions here, more like about that over 2k true damage when i have thornmail. > That damage rammus amumu,etc will take that damag doesn't get affected by armor anymore or hp. > That what i call ba, talking about urgot as he can just q + 2 AA assassins squishy with that build whike able to melt tankers within seconds? > Legit no more toxic champion in game right now more than yi cause be legit play as assassins and hypercarry This post hurts my brain
Show more

Dragons

Level 134 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion