: Climbing with ashe
Focus on : Getting good farm, protecting towers, not dying. As you get better at those three things try to learn when you can get away with auto attacking enemies and towers( a clear indication you not being able to very away with it is you dying) Gl I first got into plat by playing almost only Ashe.
: Vote to kick system
Nah I can easily see this: Hey guys I'm autofilled jungle havnt played it in months can I do anything else? * kicked*
: > [{quoted}](name=Drehirth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-13T20:19:06.629+0000) > > You said it isn't arguable and to think it is is "sad." that wasn't you saying your belief it was you confusing what a fact is and what an opinion is, what is so hard for you to understand about that? > > if we are having a discussion over what is right (and not what riot says because I already said I know perfectly clear what riot says) then why is it different than reality is a perfectly legitimate question, simply saying it isn't doesn't go anywhere. > > If somebody said a racist statement to you in real life and you called them an idiot, versus calling somebody an idiot to their face when they ask you for help on changing their tire does paint somebody in a completely different light. Why is that different here? you do nothing but reiterate your point, but do nothing to justify it. Your entire thread is nothing but cringe and your only argument is "riot is right, because riot says so." If you never got the hint I was simply using your own word because i thought the fact that you even think there is an argument to make is completely absurd so I simply reversed what you said it was a no effort response to your statement. Sorry but i am done with this conversation comparing How you react to something in reality and in a video game is like comparing apples to oranges But if you want to talk reality . If player 1 was a customer player 2 was an employee do you think that response would be allowed? most likely not you have to behave the way your employer tells you to. Your not in "reality" when you play this game and no one needs to put up with two negativity people arguing in game. read my op again if you have to , It is however an absolute fact in or out of RIOTS rules that there is absolute no justification to "defy" even the most vile of verbal abusers or "defend" yourself against one in a recreational video game You have not even attempted to actually justify why your player 2 even responded other than "in defiance or defense" which is completely unnecessary in this space. Your whole examples rest on.... " Player 2 is a better person than player 1 because well what they said was in defiance of someone who said something worse so that make it alright " Player 2 was just "defending myself, teammate my friend" responding to someone who was being mean to them " Player 2 is better than Player 4 because player 4 was just being a jerk so that is completely different... " should be able to react how i would offline" All completely rubbish in my PERSONAL opinion. also (not specifically you) anyone saying "because its competitive" to justify any sort of negativity is also rubbish By defending negativity all that person is doing doing is justifying their desire to be negative . I agree with riot . Not because they are riot but because they are at least attempting ** to make a game that has no negativity.** I don't think they will ever succeed because they are not harsh enough and lack the ability to stop people who are banned for making new accounts The attempt is what I want from them ... that is why i agree with Riot because they are at least taking as stand again negativity in all its forms. and this ... > (LET'S NOT FORGET THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MY SELF WHEN SOMEONE ATTACKS ME VERBALLY ESPECIALLY ON THE FU*KING INTERNET) > __________ ___________ > [{quoted}](name=Ulanopo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=qm01IAZH,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-11-11T18:29:10.125+0000) > > No, you actually don't. This isn't a free speech issue. Riot controls the space, which grants them the authority to set the rules. If they don't want you in their house, you have to leave. ^^^this is a point i wish more people understood ^^^
> [{quoted}](name=Mindspeaker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-14T00:04:19.658+0000) > > If you never got the hint I was simply using your own word because i thought the fact that you even think there is an argument to make is completely absurd so I simply reversed what you said it was a no effort response to your statement. > > > Sorry but i am done with this conversation comparing How you react to something in reality and in a video game is like comparing apples to oranges > > But if you want to talk reality . > > If player 1 was a customer player 2 was an employee do you think that response would be allowed? > > most likely not you have to behave the way your employer tells you to. > > Your not in "reality" when you play this game and no one needs to put up with two negativity people arguing in game. > > read my op again if you have to , > > It is however an absolute fact in or out of RIOTS rules that there is absolute no justification to "defy" even the most vile of verbal abusers or "defend" yourself against one in a recreational video game > > You have not even attempted to actually justify why your player 2 even responded other than "in defiance or defense" which is completely unnecessary in this space. > > Your whole examples rest on.... > > " Player 2 is a better person than player 1 because well what they said was in defiance of someone who said something worse so that make it alright " > > Player 2 was just "defending myself, teammate my friend" responding to someone who was being mean to them " > > Player 2 is better than Player 4 because player 4 was just being a jerk so that > is completely different... > > " should be able to react how i would offline" > > All completely rubbish in my PERSONAL opinion. > > also (not specifically you) anyone saying "because its competitive" to justify any sort of negativity is also rubbish > > By defending negativity all that person is doing doing is justifying their desire to be negative . > > I agree with riot . Not because they are riot but because they are at least attempting ** to make a game that has no negativity.** > > I don't think they will ever succeed because they are not harsh enough and lack the ability to stop people who are banned for making new accounts > > The attempt is what I want from them ... that is why i agree with Riot because they are at least taking as stand again negativity in all its forms. > > and this ... > __________ > > ___________ > > ^^^this is a point i wish more people understood ^^^ No actually, it isn't comparing apples to oranges given how the entire reason rules should be taken seriously is because there are real people on the other side and it's not just a video game. It's a complete cop out to then say that it's just a video game and shouldn't be the same as real life. It's not that somebody being rude to somebody else is justified because there is context, it would be that it's not as bad(and shouldn't be treated as the same exact case because of it with just a few rigid punishments that escalate making it possible to be permabanned for taking a troll's bait). Treating them as a horrible person in both cases is fairly questionable which is why all I've ever asked is "why?." why is it different here? When that one question gives your entire argument so much trouble, it's time to rethink it. The only realistic reason which makes it forgivable on riots part is that it's so much more difficult to put that into an automated system (and they have also tried non automated, so I am not hating on riot for being imperfect here) and that it's just much easier to pretend as if it's the same, even though it's not- they do have plenty of other things to devote their resources to after all. Sometimes people in the endless echo chamber that is the boards need reminding of that. Glad to see I could have helped.
: > [{quoted}](name=Drehirth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-13T01:14:27.743+0000) > > you think something is right automatically because it's what riot thinks? It's just them justifying being lazy, so they wouldn't have to look at things closer, better to just hand out more bans. > > Something is an assertion (and not a fact) unless there's actual evidence that is irrefutable. This is an inherently subjective topic and the only evidence you use to argue your point is that "it's what riot thinks so it must be true." So no... this is you just blindly parroting and not even realizing it. It's okay to have an opinion, and to agree with riot, but you are very blind to use such justification and actually think something is a fact, and that is sad. No I think its right because "i " think it is ...everything "I" wrote is not because i am "parroting" riot. Its because I believe its morally right In fact I believe that Riot should have a more of Zero tolerance policy on such behaviors than they do now . > justifying being lazy, so they wouldn't have to look at things closer Its not being lazy thee simple is no reason to look closer No matter what anyone says or does no matter how disgustingly vile or insulting of words or legitimately wrong their actions are there is no justification for "any player " to respond to it.. What is sooooo hard about that concept you cant comprehended I am not saying its a fact out of thin air Its a fact Simply because There is absolutely no logical reasoning or no justification for the "player 2" in your story or the "player 1" in my story to react the way they did as a guest in a privately own space especially considering that space is just a video game, NONE . that is in no way mature or civilized behavior . The fact that you even think that Your player 2 was not as bad as your Player 4 is and you think you could make a case to justify it just makes me double facepalm and shake my head at the fact someone could defend such negativity and toxic behavior. This is a video game ...not reality ...the fact people throw temper tantrums over the outcomes and status is mind boggling in itself responding with the same negativity in defiance of other negativity it is equally mind bogging when it serves no purpose and should be punished equally. only RIOT has the power and authority to deal with such people so only riot should respond and deal with them
> [{quoted}](name=Mindspeaker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c00000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-13T06:38:50.619+0000) > > No I think its right because "i " think it is ...everything "I" wrote is not because i am "parroting" riot. Its because I believe its morally right > > In fact I believe that Riot should have a more of Zero tolerance policy on such behaviors than they do now . > > Its not being lazy thee simple is no reason to look closer > > No matter what anyone says or does no matter how disgustingly vile or insulting of words or legitimately wrong their actions are there is no justification for "any player " to respond to it.. > > What is sooooo hard about that concept you cant comprehended > > I am not saying its a fact out of thin air > > Its a fact Simply because There is absolutely no logical reasoning or no justification for the "player 2" in your story or the "player 1" in my story to react the way they did as a guest in a privately own space especially considering that space is just a video game, > > NONE . that is in no way mature or civilized behavior . > > The fact that you even think that Your player 2 was not as bad as your Player 4 is and you think you could make a case to justify it just makes me double facepalm and shake my head at the fact someone could defend such negativity and toxic behavior. > > This is a video game ...not reality ...the fact people throw temper tantrums over the outcomes and status is mind boggling in itself responding with the same negativity in defiance of other negativity it is equally mind bogging when it serves no purpose and should be punished equally. > > only RIOT has the power and authority to deal with such people so only riot should respond and deal with them You said it isn't arguable and to think it is is "sad." that wasn't you saying your belief it was you confusing what a fact is and what an opinion is, what is so hard for you to understand about that? if we are having a discussion over what is right (and not what riot says because I already said I know perfectly clear what riot says) then why is it different than reality is a perfectly legitimate question, simply saying it isn't doesn't go anywhere. If somebody said a racist statement to you in real life and you called them an idiot, versus calling somebody an idiot to their face when they ask you for help on changing their tire does paint somebody in a completely different light. Why is that different here? you do nothing but reiterate your point, but do nothing to justify it. Your entire thread is nothing but cringe and your only argument is "riot is right, because riot says so."
: > [{quoted}](name=Drehirth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2017-11-11T04:32:59.364+0000) > > no actually, it's riot's response, but that doesn't make it true *face palm* the part where you think it's a fact that isn't arguable is the sad part here I think it pretty much does make it true and if you think it is arguable I find that "sad" as you put it.
> [{quoted}](name=Mindspeaker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2017-11-11T14:19:26.812+0000) > > I think it pretty much does make it true and if you think it is arguable I find that "sad" as you put it. you think something is right automatically because it's what riot thinks? It's just them justifying being lazy, so they wouldn't have to look at things closer, better to just hand out more bans. Something is an assertion (and not a fact) unless there's actual evidence that is irrefutable. This is an inherently subjective topic and the only evidence you use to argue your point is that "it's what riot thinks so it must be true." So no... this is you just blindly parroting and not even realizing it. It's okay to have an opinion, and to agree with riot, but you are very blind to use such justification and actually think something is a fact, and that is sad.
: > [{quoted}](name=Drehirth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-11-10T16:18:08.707+0000) > > I agree that riots stance is definitely that context doesn't matter... it's just that they are wrong about it. > > player 1: *insert racist statement advocating the extermination of a group of people* > player 2: "you're a fucking idiot" > > > or > player 3: "please gank top i'm losing badly" > player 4: "you're a fucking idiot" > > in riots system where context doesn't matter, player 2 is just as bad as player 4 _**That because in actual reality they are just as bad. Player 2 and Player 4 both deserve the EXACT same punishment.**_ if you cant understand that ..***facepalm*** there is no actual difference between either player 2 and player 4 that is the point. that seem to be so hard for some people to grasp. All player 2 did was meet negativity and offensive language with negativity and offensive language- there for they are no different than player 4 really how hard is the concept .If ANYTHING happens in game you don't like legitimate or not . no matter how bad you think it is. DON"T REACT TO IT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM . Player 2 should not have responded at all. When they choose to they sunk right down to player 4' s toxic level. they should have muted not responded and reported them after the match ( without a report x statement in game) If you don't have anything positive , respectful and mature to say ( without being sarcastic ) ....don't say anything at all
> [{quoted}](name=Mindspeaker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eO50GuHl,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2017-11-10T22:39:26.207+0000) > > _**That because in actual reality they are just as bad. > Player 2 and Player 4 both deserve the EXACT same punishment.**_ > > if you cant understand that ..***facepalm*** > > there is no actual difference between either player 2 and player 4 that is the point. that seem to be so hard for some people to grasp. > > All player 2 did was meet negativity and offensive language with negativity and offensive language- there for they are no different than player 4 > > really how hard is the concept .If ANYTHING happens in game you don't like legitimate or not . no matter how bad you think it is. > > DON"T REACT TO IT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM . > > Player 2 should not have responded at all. When they choose to they sunk right down to player 4' s toxic level. > > they should have muted not responded and reported them after the match ( without a report x statement in game) > > > If you don't have anything positive , respectful and mature to say ( without being sarcastic ) ....don't say anything at all no actually, it's riot's response, but that doesn't make it true *face palm* the part where you think it's a fact that isn't arguable is the sad part here
GIJose65 (NA)
: what is the most unhealthiest food that you like?
Fried chicken for sure especially on a cold day...
: PSA : FACT : Context is completely Irrelevant You are 100% Responsible for own Actions/ speech
I agree that riots stance is definitely that context doesn't matter... it's just that they are wrong about it. player 1: *insert racist statement advocating the extermination of a group of people* player 2: "you're a fucking idiot" or player 3: "please gank top i'm losing badly" player 4: "you're a fucking idiot" in riots system where context doesn't matter, player 2 is just as bad as player 4
Salron (NA)
: I get autofilled all the time into top/jungle
> [{quoted}](name=Face The Win,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eenaexPc,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-10T02:42:21.422+0000) > > I get autofilled all the time into top/jungle same
: Does Riot not check boards?
yea, most of the "feedback" is just whining; them ignoring boards is mostly deserving. It's to give people a place to vent
Knalxz (NA)
: Faker is proof that regardless of how good you are, you team can always bring you down.
see, this mentality is exactly why trash are HARDSTUCK in grandfinal runner ups
: I'm finally in my first promo to plat!!
gl dude, ill be getting it this weekend as well
Besteau (NA)
: Send your energy please.
I gave it all to SSG, but it looks like they had more than they needed...
: Call Me That Guy, But
: It's sad that SKT lost because of champ picks
what? that's part of the game.. this is just as stupid as people making excuses for why skt won in other games and last year too...
: What. The. HELL!?
: A friendly tip from someone who has been permabanned twice for "Trolling":
: As someone with no college education, and no plans to get them... why SHOULDN'T i join the military?
Glîtchy (NA)
: Viktor tips?
max e>q>w and get upgrades in that same order(start q though). he's great against teams that have multiple adc, so a corki or lucian mid is basically free lane when you learn the matchup. Against winning lanes you can start playing super aggro after your q upgrade (gives movement speed letting you run up to them and dodge skill shots easier). take heal/barrier if you want a safer lane, but ghost is really nice later on to solo carry games by being able to run up to their squishy targets fast if you think you can get past laning without a combat summoner. Cleanse against heavy cc. fully upgrade your hexcore for your first item, but you may need to buy some items to get through laning phase (the first upgrade especially is the most awkward to get). Try to stay in lane and not force roams that can get you behind, because how hard he scales with levels missing xp can put you in a bad spot even if you are even in cs still. I like ryalis second item usually, especially if they have immobile squishies. lich bane if you find yourself able to get in range often for the auto attack (teams that have fighters will come to you, so its a good item for that as well if you don't need survivability, zhoynas or banshees if you do need it). his best strength is pushing lanes and keeping your towers alive by ending the enemies push by clearing minions so quickly, you can build massive cs advantages which can allow you to turn games around even with 0 kills (i guarantee your enemies will be surprised if you pay attention to power spikes and they see you with no kills and they've been killing your teammates a lot)
: Gold
if ur me it is
ImIvanI (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pinkapi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iFgh94GV,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-10-24T04:13:49.680+0000) > > The chat logs don't seem like joking. Looks pretty toxic. Keep it in the discord next time. Your friends wouldn't have reported you for a joke, they were probably offended but said it was only as a joke. I've known my friends for way too long. We were laughing our assess off, and these are only MY chatlogs. My friends said some pretty crude shit too :p
: The jungler and the support are like the parents of the team.
Yes actually, the supports are the mom going all PMs and the jungler is the deadbeat father who isn't apart of your life
: Riot, rehire Sanjuro
"Firing him is the least democratic thing you could possibly do." Actually that's a very good example of what a true democracy is.. a mob mentality.. hate how the word is misused today. Doesn't actually have to do with the point, but good to know still.. But no, stay fired. He is responsible for what he says on a Riot account... oh and no human reason to fire him? given me a break.. the best reason to fire him is to show that Riot despite their flaws are not hypocrites when it comes to toxic behavior, and they truly do not tolerate it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Drehirth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GUzEaEqL,comment-id=001900000000,timestamp=2017-10-03T14:10:53.096+0000) > > Well deserved. It did not happen to him, it happened because of him. No sympathy. No sympathy is different from taking glee in his demise.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GUzEaEqL,comment-id=0019000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-03T14:15:07.414+0000) > > No sympathy is different from taking glee in his demise. Very satisfying to see him smacked down, but mostly because it shows Riot practices what they preach in not tolerating that kind of behavior.
: > [{quoted}](name=Drehirth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GUzEaEqL,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2017-10-03T11:46:24.996+0000) > > Kid got wrecked, funny that he was somebody who would get salty over a ggez and thought he could get away with saying what he did. VERY satisfying. The man now has no livelihood, no way to support his family, and few-to-no job prospects. And that's somehow okay because it was 'satisfying?'
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GUzEaEqL,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2017-10-03T13:41:17.005+0000) > > The man now has no livelihood, no way to support his family, and few-to-no job prospects. And that's somehow okay because it was 'satisfying?' Well deserved. It did not happen to him, it happened because of him. No sympathy.
: This week's circle jerk: The mage holocaust!
: Should we be happy that Riot Sanjuro lost his job?
Kid got wrecked, funny that he was somebody who would get salty over a ggez and thought he could get away with saying what he did. VERY satisfying.
: Are silvers gods compared to bronze?
: How do i get out of Silver?
Stop dying so much, even in games that you might think you have good score like 7-3 or something, first realize how most deaths especially in silver are due to REALLY bad mistakes and even 3 deaths is alot because of it is first step all "stuck" bronze /silvers should do. Then Cs, then if your wins havnt just come naturally yet then objectives and other fine tuning, but the first two alone are good enough to get you out of silver easy
: I complimented a Zed on some fancy footwork he used to outplay me.
: When a plat thresh main is grieving you in aram for not playing your champion well
: Expected to see Yasuo main at number 1
Yes I was thinking that or riven/vayne
Mo0glz (NA)
: Can we stop promoting ??? spam pinging as if it's humorous?
ahh yes I am very proud of riot actually with this.
: Is there any situation where you'd choose ashe over any other ADC?
If you're playing meta then the answer to title is probably not, but I do see top ADCs still playing her in challenger atm. E may seem useless to some, but if you get timings right you can know where the enemy jungler is in their jungle which can be very good to avoid ganks not just for you, but for your teammates, also for those awkward moments where your team doesn't ward and you want to know if they are doing baron without face checking I still play her because of her e and r make her perfect for shot calling from the ADC role where most others will have to just react to what's happening. Jihn and sivir can be in that same playstyle though. I say she's okay and can make it work, but she's seen better days. She works best when there are control mages/juggernauts in the game (whether they are on your team or not)
: dont be a pussy flame on
Pretty much what BL said, being negative is never going to make someone play better, but it will put them in their place, though. They probably already feel terrible having gone 0/8, but you have to make sure they've learned their lesson. Try to be encouraging by showing your superiority in league skills, and they might start playing better.
: Which Marksman is easiest to play mechanically wise?
miss fortune, last season I was in mid plat before I realized my adc mechanics in general were complete trash.
xaufi (NA)
: Ashe, across all Ranks
:( just revert some nerfs.. they were already overkill at the time.
dominusx (EUNE)
: PLayed some adc just now.
Scythren (NA)
: GG EZ
You really wrote all of that and still try to claim you aren't salty?
: To duo laners. how do you have the patience to play in that lane when caitlyn exists as a champion?
Easier than you might think actually.. Some of my best games have been against a cait and most of my worst games have been as her... Not even close to as bad as the Lucian era when it's all said and done. Needing patience as an ADC main is due to every other person on the map coming to my lane to mess me up, and probably the last person im worried about is the enemy ADC if I'm being real.
: I think its pretty clear that Vayne needs additional nerfs
Maybe just a little bit. Really don't like to see anybody gutted. If only because other ADCs that were good a few months ago are struggling and she gets to have an easier lane because of it, but I would want to see what happens with the other ADC balancing first.
Teklm (OCE)
: Same thing happened with Jax in Season 4, and Zed in pretty much every season since release lol. People take a while to catch on.
PTSD lmao. Happened with Yi when devorer/rageblade was a thing also
Adalvar (EUW)
: The lategame nerf is present in the fact that you can no longer go to triple crit in this system since the crit would be unique (i.e you can't go {{item:3085}} {{item:3094}}) or ({{item:3508}} {{item:3031}}) and ADC's with no AA-steroids would be weaker overall in the lategame since under this system you'll have less attack speed without those stims and less crit chance overall similar to season 3 to 5. Besides atm ADC's are the other role's plaything even in the lategame. You have to track top laners, junglers, spells, etc, etc. ADC as a role is meant to be an agressive one by providing consistent damage, but you have to stay aware of so much crap that you are forced alot of times to stay behind and _not_ be aggressive.
It's true from a dps perspective that they will have much less damage, but with lucky crits they could still be bursting squishies which is a big source of frustration for other classes. For example a caitlyn who has 3 damage items ({{item:3031}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3094}}(+29 extra ad just to account for cost difference bear with me) vs {{item:3031}} {{item:3085}} {{item:3072}} at level 13 first build would crit for 441 vs 445 crit from the second build. The dps is lower due to lower attack speed/crit chance, but when you do crit it's about the same damage. Very rough math with 60ish armor and head shot bonus damage could mean she could still 3 shot a squishy from full health at that point of the game. That's not to mention the extra room you have in your build to get more safety. That's not to mention there's too many other characters with mobility that would benefit from the early game boost so well from it that it would make some sort of crit rework almost needed(and not just a few character nerfs to compensate). I think it's a great idea overall, it's just that with added safety and easier early game makes for much less chance to actually do anything to stop the class from taking over the game without some sort of way to reduce the burst you can have due to rng crit. (In short it would be as bad as many of the delusional boards members THINK it is currently.)
Adalvar (EUW)
: So ADC discussion.
While I like any real discussion when it comes to ADC, and I agree that you usually spend the first half of the game being every other role's play thing, don't you think that any substantial overall boost to early game power of the class would have to be compensated for with some sort of late game nerf? I think an idea like this could work, but it should be accompanied with some sort of crit rework (such as turning it into some sort of guaranteed damage that ramps up over time, so that other classes don't get two shot late game by a dps class).
Wuks (NA)
: Share your 2016 Season in Review Highlights! (Megathread)
Most of my worst games were on caitlyn (wish they had something for that in the stats, but it's just from memory). Funny enough my best one was with her too somehow. 14 000 volleys on ashe https://review2016.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/year-in-review/personal-stats?share=TkRneE1qWTJNalY4VGtFeDg5ODZiNTA1NmYxNDQ4NTlhNjNjOWEzNTEyYmFhYTI4TkRneE1qWTJNalY4VGtFeA
: Can someone please explain why almost every post gets down voted for no reason?
: Winrate means nothing on league
Could be worse. You could be one of the people posting on a level 7 account too afraid to even post on their main. So it'd at least get respect from me as long as it isn't some random whine post with nothing to back it up.
xScarfy (EUW)
: I just wanted to clarify my mentioning of Kassadin as you seem to have misunderstood me there. I think the intended use of the charge system is to be able to set more traps at a short period of time without requiring the ability to have a very short base cd. The change I suggested might be counteracting it to some degree, but you would still have the same charge system as before and thereby you could still do everything you can do right now, just with a higher price sometimes. So the skill would still fullfill its purpose. I thought of making the traps destroyable at first too, but this would be an overall nerf to Caitlyn and my idea was to only hit her aggressive trap spamming and specifically with them being spammed all over your turret. As this mostly refers to the early game the change could also be coded so the extra mana costs will be 0 at level 4 and 5 of the ability. Your idea with the traps only be destroyable if placed under a turret sounds interesting too, but I feel like there would be no reason at all left to place the trap under an enemy turret.
No it makes no sense. Increasing the mana cost for using it rapidly is in direct conflict with a charge system. You also make no effort to explain any of your thought process in the OP making this a "upvote if you want an adc nerfed" thread which makes me not take you seriously to begin with. It doesn't affect her using her traps under your turret (what you complained about) "it won't hurt her much" means basically nothing because you are wanting her to be punished for using traps as intended instead of (again) what you actually complained about
: And my point is that if her weakness to flanks and changing fight locations was actually meaningful, then she wouldn't be viable.
That's just being lazy now; half of the reason a top laner is meta is usually because they can do this. I know you may not actually think about the why in that sense, but it doesn't make it meaningless.
: You make some good points, but they all rely on the statement you made: "Also it does matter because it makes her team more vulnerable to flanks" Placing a trap wall does not in any way make her team weaker to flanks than if she were to NOT have a trap wall. Due to the arming time, they cannot be used to counter an ongoing engage, as such using them does not weaken you VS flanks. Due to the complete invalidity of that statement, I have trouble with the rest of what you said.
You asked why would the fight move. The answer was because you refuse to play her game and force it to move. Her trap wall isn't something that can be repeated immediately if circumstances change(it is not truly spammable like the OP suggested and this is what i meant by "it" which was not obvious to be fair and I updated it in parenthesis). If a fight doesn't happen around her trap wall then she does not have as much influence in a fight, and if you choose not to exploit that then you are not using the counter play option available. You'd really have to give an example of who you are talking about to actually "invalidate" that statement because comparing a caitlyn who has a trap wall that she will use in a fight vs a caitlyn who doesn't is most definitely weaker in a fight. Adcs generally have weaknesses and flanking is definitely caitlyns(and is to many adcs outside of maybe ez or trist I suppose, part of my overarching point is that most teams can deal with cait and she isn't particularly oppressive outside of traps under enemy turrets which COULD use a change, but the change should be focused on that and not anything other than that in my opinion).
Show more

Drehirth

Level 35 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion