Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NjwmFL6g,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T05:00:49.401+0000) > > Using winrates to justify yadayada is just bad. They only have high winrates because the majority of silver/bronze players fall for cheese. Tanks are more consistent, and sorry, have you fought a maokai or an ornn? Nigh unkillable. Anytime I've played into a diver/juggernaut top lane as a tank, I will typically win the lane, just due to me being able to instantly out damage them due to % health damage, and then buying whatever item counters the enemy laner the hardest. Those stats are for platinum+ from all sites.
> [{quoted}](name=PopcornBunni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NjwmFL6g,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T05:43:54.382+0000) > > Those stats are for platinum+ from all sites. And the majority of the player base is silver/bronze. And I've seen a lot of diamonds act as stupid as a bronze player.
: So the twenty champs I need to play Draft mode, is that possible within 30 levels or is that something that happens way later?
> [{quoted}](name=TinkerTantrums,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7VU8aNEm,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T05:00:49.791+0000) > > So the twenty champs I need to play Draft mode, is that possible within 30 levels or is that something that happens way later? You can if you buy cheap as shit champions.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImGoodAtFeeding,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NjwmFL6g,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-20T03:59:44.347+0000) > > LOOOOOOOOL http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Top http://na.op.gg/champion/statistics https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/tierlist/ ?
> [{quoted}](name=PopcornBunni,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NjwmFL6g,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-20T04:49:05.813+0000) > > http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Top > http://na.op.gg/champion/statistics > https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/tierlist/ > > ? Using winrates to justify yadayada is just bad. They only have high winrates because the majority of silver/bronze players fall for cheese. Tanks are more consistent, and sorry, have you fought a maokai or an ornn? Nigh unkillable. Anytime I've played into a diver/juggernaut top lane as a tank, I will typically win the lane, just due to me being able to instantly out damage them due to % health damage, and then buying whatever item counters the enemy laner the hardest.
GripaAviara (EUNE)
: So .. when you gonna balance Lux?
Then ban her, she isn't that bad. Dodge a skillshot, ez. Buy a banshees or any magic resist item, ez.
: First time playing Bard
I hope you aren't maxing w before any other ability.
: TP is better than dumb snowballs for ARURF
They made 3 winter themed skins this year, the snowball is great, it's telegraphed, and it's a lot of fun. Also good for when you can't engage on certain champions. Makes teleport not stupid, because it is a stupid summoner spell. And "near perfect" Hah, hah, good one.
: permanently sustained, AOE shielding, healing, movement speed, and damage buffs
> [{quoted}](name=JavelinJoe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UXX6VFKt,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T00:53:45.948+0000) > > permanently sustained, AOE shielding, healing, movement speed, and damage buffs Untargetable 50% of the game, extreme mobility the ability to delete people without any reaction possible, and anyone that can feasibly beat him is locked behind "ar"
: She wasn't balanced in URF.
> [{quoted}](name=OurLestrade,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UXX6VFKt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-19T23:44:05.349+0000) > > She wasn't balanced in URF. Fizz.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ENQexO,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T14:15:52.786+0000) > > A, you can not prevent people from getting auto filled unless you remove the system, which, woosh have fun with those queue times. I'm not saying it completely prevents the problem -- I'm saying that with more people opting on their own to take the roles that need filling, people who don't want to fill won't have to fill as often, and therefore it reduces the need for the feature that almost nobody likes. > B. Giving people rewards that other players don't get is blatant favoritism and unfair to the rest of the player base. It's not favouritism, it's incentive to do something that other people don't want to do. Just like in World of Warcraft and other games that _incentivize_ players to do something they don't normally want to do so other people are happy. It's a complete win-win situation for everyone involved. > C. Autofill isn't that big of a deal. 9 times out of 10 there is someone that will swap you if for some reason you don't know what you're doing. And honestly, if you're playing ranked and don't know what a role is supposed to do, you probably shouldn't do ranked. I already said Ranked wouldn't be affected. It can't be -- that would end up in a bad state really quickly due to the fact that people who aren't familiar with roles are trying to fill them on purpose instead of trying to play their best.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ENQexO,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T16:50:16.815+0000) > > I'm not saying it completely prevents the problem -- I'm saying that with more people opting on their own to take the roles that need filling, people who don't want to fill won't have to fill as often, and therefore it reduces the need for the feature that almost nobody likes. > > It's not favouritism, it's incentive to do something that other people don't want to do. Just like in World of Warcraft and other games that _incentivize_ players to do something they don't normally want to do so other people are happy. It's a complete win-win situation for everyone involved. > > I already said Ranked wouldn't be affected. It can't be -- that would end up in a bad state really quickly due to the fact that people who aren't familiar with roles are trying to fill them on purpose instead of trying to play their best. So for B, it's favoritism. Players that play the role already, just get bonuses for playing it, not for something they don't play. I have said this several times, I don't know how obvious I can make this. For C, That's the only reason to change it, so that people can play their best roles.
paisy (NA)
: So what you're saying is: this preseason wasn't crazy enough yet still brought a lot of problems, let's make an even crazier preseason that could make even more problems
> [{quoted}](name=Vaermina,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HWtG3QNE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-19T15:56:45.623+0000) > > So what you're saying is: this preseason wasn't crazy enough yet still brought a lot of problems, let's make an even crazier preseason that could make even more problems Most of the problems are because runes. There haven't been a lot of other changes like in other seasons. The runes just brought out a shitty meta. Other seasons changed the jungle, added a lot of new items, etc etc. This one, here's some new masteries which we do every season anyway.
Weedbro (NA)
: Ranked is dumb. you're either stuck in Turd Tier, or Diamond 5. No matter what, its garbage.
I mean, there's no reason not to play it, other than people that hate on you because rank, but remember, average people are silver.
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ENQexO,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-18T23:44:54.114+0000) > > Did you read what I said or are you just restating what I said? It's meant to be a program that _prevents_ people from getting auto-filled because other people are willing to take the fill for the rewards instead and let others have a better chance at getting that main role.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ENQexO,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T04:48:20.829+0000) > > It's meant to be a program that _prevents_ people from getting auto-filled because other people are willing to take the fill for the rewards instead and let others have a better chance at getting that main role. A, you can not prevent people from getting auto filled unless you remove the system, which, woosh have fun with those queue times. B. Giving people rewards that other players don't get is blatant favoritism and unfair to the rest of the player base. C. Autofill isn't that big of a deal. 9 times out of 10 there is someone that will swap you if for some reason you don't know what you're doing. And honestly, if you're playing ranked and don't know what a role is supposed to do, you probably shouldn't do ranked.
jovack (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0MefT92x,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-18T20:38:21.624+0000) > > Actually, you get more than before, it's just delayed and it feels like ass. No, what they said was "some players earn champs sooner" -- then they proceeded to show how new players can earn faster, while others earn similar rates. This system is a nerf to overall earn rates for veteran players... unless you play like 1 or 2 games per day.
> [{quoted}](name=jovack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0MefT92x,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T01:56:54.129+0000) > > No, what they said was "some players earn champs sooner" -- then they proceeded to show how new players can earn faster, while others earn similar rates. This system is a nerf to overall earn rates for veteran players... unless you play like 1 or 2 games per day. They said some, due to the ability to get the worst out of every box because you're an unlucky duckling. Now, the increase isn't a whole lot higher, but it is more, even if it feels like yes. If you only play 1 or 2 games a day, ergo the first win of the day bonus, your income will be higher, due to being inflated with first wins. From level 30-40 I got approx 11-12k BE, at approx 10 games a level up on average, it's more than I got before. Just it takes forever to actually get paid. I have to wait for a level to get a small bonus, and then every 10 levels you get a big bonus.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ENQexO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-18T17:14:51.508+0000) > > People that already play the role then get free stuff for doing what a normal player would do. At most I'd say if you get autofilled. I tend to get auto'd into jungle and ad more often than support. So maybe it would cause other players to broaden their role and champion pools?
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=46ENQexO,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-18T20:53:24.437+0000) > > So maybe it would cause other players to broaden their role and champion pools? Did you read what I said or are you just restating what I said?
jovack (NA)
: Given how they nerfed the IP earn rate, I find it amazing that they still charge such crazy values for these masteries. No thanks.
> [{quoted}](name=jovack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=0MefT92x,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-18T07:53:43.131+0000) > > Given how they nerfed the IP earn rate, I find it amazing that they still charge such crazy values for these masteries. No thanks. Actually, you get more than before, it's just delayed and it feels like ass.
: What if there was incentive to play roles that people aren't queuing up for?
People that already play the role then get free stuff for doing what a normal player would do. At most I'd say if you get autofilled. I tend to get auto'd into jungle and ad more often than support.
Rioter Comments
: In ranked it's annoying, in norms its just downright pathetic to rage
I mean, it's the same game mode, just one has a nearly meaningless number attached to it.
DeKitteh (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UUXEXhN3,comment-id=001800030000,timestamp=2017-11-17T18:38:32.024+0000) > > A big reason why it was changed to this was because people who owned all the champions have nothing to spend ip on. This was supposed to help fix that, somehow, so can you not be toxic on the boards? There's enough of that in game. I agree, players who have done everything there is to do deserve more to work towards. But if that means making the game borderline unbearable for the rest of the playerbase, it's just not worth it.
> [{quoted}](name=DeKitteh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UUXEXhN3,comment-id=0018000300000000,timestamp=2017-11-17T18:59:33.434+0000) > > I agree, players who have done everything there is to do deserve more to work towards. But if that means making the game borderline unbearable for the rest of the playerbase, it's just not worth it. That's why I said somehow. The system didn't really give anything for us who have everything to work towards, while fucking everyone at once. Two fixes which they could do either, or, or both I think would fix it. Add rerolls back. This would mean it's possible to get nearly 3 champions from 2 level ups. This will introduce a choice, either save up for that champion you want, or get a random champion. It makes saving up for that champion you want all the more worthwhile, but if you just want champions you can just reroll. Note, this reroll will be like the old random champion, not the new one. Reintroduce EP to playing games, but decrease chest value(Even though it's low already, so maybe). This will increase EP gains slightly, so that it isn't as much of a grind. The biggest problem with the system is that it was made to "reduce" the amount of grinding, but all it did was increase it. If they did away with orange essence, converted that, and just increased ip gains, I think it would have been an acceptable change.
Purgë (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ez8MyoLk,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-31T00:13:47.671+0000) > > No, No, and no. > > Squishy ad is easy to kill even when fed, level 1 cheese? If he level 1 cheeses someone, they deserve to get cheesed, if you want level 1 cheese look at sion. And the entire ability is stealth, whereas eve's was her passive. Don't complain because you don't understand. XD ofc, so i deserve to get cheesed just cuz i wanted to walk up to take my first cs? seems legit , i played him jgl right now and u legit cant escape his ganks with red buff u will die 100% even if u flash cuz he will kill u with the DOT damage from red smite+redd buff+his E
> [{quoted}](name=Purgë,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ez8MyoLk,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2017-10-31T01:05:19.047+0000) > > XD ofc, so i deserve to get cheesed just cuz i wanted to walk up to take my first cs? seems legit , i played him jgl right now and u legit cant escape his ganks with red buff u will die 100% even if u flash cuz he will kill u with the DOT damage from red smite+redd buff+his E You don't even know the champion you're talking about. First off, he's not level 1 if he has red buff, second, you can, as he has no mobility, and if you warded right, you would see him coming, and the enemy lane should tell you what's happening by their actions, if he has red smite before his first back, he's cheating, and his E does not have dot on in, and twitches dot is incredibly small.
Veraska (NA)
: You think they'll ever make a champion thast can res
Kythers (NA)
: "What the fu-" https://puu.sh/yo5Xw/36f729d285.png ok carry on
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=z5Q1awh6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-17T18:36:31.091+0000) > > "What the fu-" > > https://puu.sh/yo5Xw/36f729d285.png > > ok carry on Because ranked determines how good something is. /s It's not like you're a support main or anything.
: It's funny ... urgot and yorick are finally "broken"
: > [{quoted}](name=StuntsMonkey,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UUXEXhN3,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2017-11-13T17:04:51.285+0000) > > I'm actually ok with the new blue essence system. Costs for players do seem to have increased, but I also understand that Riot is company that is trying to increase their profit margins. By increasing revenue they give all of us more content. Which I think is good in the long run, it'll bee painful in the short term though. My only complaint really is that I already have all of the champions and that there isn't really anything in the store that I want. I spent money to buy rune pages once upon a time and I would have liked to be able to have the ability to purchase more skins and emotes even if was just a one time deal. I also think player don't realize just how much work, time, and resources, go into reworking any single aspect of the game. can you seriously stfu . this is a HUGE problem to the new players who dont even have 1/4 of the champions in the game, not retards like you who own all the champions(because it really does not affect you) , you are sad because you cannot do anything with your BE [ i play in the garena server and that is why im level 16 or something here]
> [{quoted}](name=Hyndrome24,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UUXEXhN3,comment-id=00180003,timestamp=2017-11-17T06:51:59.802+0000) > > can you seriously stfu . this is a HUGE problem to the new players who dont even have 1/4 of the champions in the game, not retards like you who own all the champions(because it really does not affect you) , you are sad because you cannot do anything with your BE [ i play in the garena server and that is why im level 16 or something here] A big reason why it was changed to this was because people who owned all the champions have nothing to spend ip on. This was supposed to help fix that, somehow, so can you not be toxic on the boards? There's enough of that in game.
Purgë (EUW)
: i am not talking about killing him( whice is impossible if he is fed) , im talking about the lvl 1 cheese he shuold never be able to do that , they should make his stealth till lvl 6 atleast like they did to eve
> [{quoted}](name=LetterzB,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ez8MyoLk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-26T13:58:10.585+0000) > > i am not talking about killing him( whice is impossible if he is fed) , im talking about the lvl 1 cheese he shuold never be able to do that , they should make his stealth till lvl 6 atleast like they did to eve No, No, and no. Squishy ad is easy to kill even when fed, level 1 cheese? If he level 1 cheeses someone, they deserve to get cheesed, if you want level 1 cheese look at sion. And the entire ability is stealth, whereas eve's was her passive. Don't complain because you don't understand.
: Heimerdinger's entire kit revolves around the very toxic gameplay others have been reworked for.
Here's a weakness, he has to be in an area he prepared. Catch him anywhere outside of his turrets and you're golden. I play gnar into him quite often and do quite well.
: Hate to say i told ya so but.
I'm curious as to where you got your stats.
Purgë (EUW)
: Lets all main twitch
Twitch has plenty of counterplay, sure he's strong right now, but 52% win rate isn't all that bad. Pink wards, red trinket stops his invis, and then CC him. He's squishy. Kill him. Easy.
: Can anyone beat SKT at this point?
Honestly, from what I've seen, it's not hard to tilt faker, and once that's done, the team starts to fall apart.
: Add voice chat in solo ranked already
Pings are good enough to coordinate most of the time. Voice chat? More like Xbox lives golden years again.
: Ardent is going to shit next patch and honestly Ardent Support Ashe isn't too amazing tbh.
> [{quoted}](name=Shuyin178,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aVUEswAd,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-22T20:40:36.152+0000) > > Ardent is going to shit next patch and honestly Ardent Support Ashe isn't too amazing tbh. It's better applied than most other supports that would build it. And yeah, that's part of why I said Use it before it's gone.
: Is there a way to appeal low priority queue?
Just play the games. It's honestly not that bad.
: Your Opinion on this?
He quit without a notice, looking to cash in on a large bonus. Legally, no, I'd say, as he did not last the full year, and the assistant manager does not work there, so the wrong information was no fault of the companies. Ethically, no, as he quit without a 2 week notice, which is already the most dickish thing you can do to an employer, and he is trying to cause you trouble because he made a mistake. Note, I'm not a lawyer, it's just my opinion.
Rioter Comments
squido (NA)
: Ivern cannot attack the scuttle crab eating the Honeyfruit
He doesn't attack camps. What's wrong with one of the camps eating food? It doesn't prevent gameplay.
Tarquin96 (EUNE)
: IF CATCHERS ARE STRONG , you really need to improve your reading
> [{quoted}](name=Tarquin96,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YFKt5PNk,comment-id=0001000000000001,timestamp=2017-10-22T18:05:12.444+0000) > > IF CATCHERS ARE STRONG , you really need to improve your reading You need to improve your game knowledge. "Catchers" Are what you refer to champions with long range cc, I'm assuming, not just Blitz Thresh Naut, and technically Darius. Janna has consistently done well against almost every lane out there. Note how she's had a 55% win rate for the longest amount of time that any champion ever has. And heads up, There are very few supports that are ever weak, due to the entire role of support being utility, and it's hard to take that away. Some supports, like Brand, Velkoz, or Zyra, give up some utility to gain zoning in the form of damage. Others, like Thresh, Lulu, and Janna, go the opposite route, giving up damage for utility. None of which have been weak. Except nunu, because he really needs a rework to fit in with league after all these years. On the same boat, someone you wouldn't typically see as a support right now, Ashe, is fairly strong. I've been playing it, and while it doesn't carry like Brand can, It's a real lane bully with a lot of utility.
: [GAMEPLAY] Syndra R Bug (still not fixed)
Haven't seen it. Provide more information, why does it happen, when does it happen, etc.
Blitz100 (NA)
: A niche yet to be filled
: > [{quoted}](name=Drive By Max,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YFKt5PNk,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T19:34:07.742+0000) > > "supports like janna cant really do much" Right from your post. I believe you are just snipping for your own rightness, the entire phrase is "but what I think is the problem with supports is that they cant really be 2 support types at once, what I mean is if catchers are strong (blitz, thresh, morgana) supports like Janna cant really do much since they adc or them get cced and killed" if you're going to argue that someone is stating something wrong then you shouldn't use just what benefits your argument, instead you need to prove they are wrong by showing the statement itself is wrong. as above the op is saying that normally one class of champions outperforms another in any given meta not that janna herself is a weak support. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
> [{quoted}](name=Requiem of Bones,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YFKt5PNk,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-22T00:45:39.481+0000) > > I believe you are just snipping for your own rightness, the entire phrase is "but what I think is the problem with supports is that they cant really be 2 support types at once, what I mean is if catchers are strong (blitz, thresh, morgana) supports like Janna cant really do much since they adc or them get cced and killed" > > if you're going to argue that someone is stating something wrong then you shouldn't use just what benefits your argument, instead you need to prove they are wrong by showing the statement itself is wrong. as above the op is saying that normally one class of champions outperforms another in any given meta not that janna herself is a weak support. > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} You realized he called janna weak in the situations in which she is strong. Right.
iLBGAMing (EUW)
: Thresh is a support because of the whole lantern thing, and provides good peel for ADC
> [{quoted}](name=iLBGAMing,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OAL0Z2pH,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T09:25:14.872+0000) > > Thresh is a support because of the whole lantern thing, and provides good peel for ADC That's because he has CC.
Tarquin96 (EUNE)
: I didnt say janna was weak,go read the post again
> [{quoted}](name=Tarquin96,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=YFKt5PNk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-10-21T10:21:28.643+0000) > > I didnt say janna was weak,go read the post again "supports like janna cant really do much" Right from your post.
: You just said that gnar has 7 abilities. Thats not what I asked. Also where are the similarities between lee sin and gnar?? Gnar is a marksman/vanguard Lee is a diver ...
> [{quoted}](name=Canc3rGo7MeCr4zy,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I2PFFztO,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T16:50:54.203+0000) > > You just said that gnar has 7 abilities. Thats not what I asked. > Also where are the similarities between lee sin and gnar?? > Gnar is a marksman/vanguard > Lee is a diver > ... Gnar is a front liner that dives into the enemy team and then throws them against a wall. His ult is similar that it's a displacement.
Niyumi (NA)
: So, I'm starting to burn out on League.
Same here dude, I mostly keep playing because I haven't found anything that I have that urge to come back to, yknow?
: It's not gonna make them move away at such a close range, unless you want to waste an extra 5 seconds to kill them off.
> [{quoted}](name=BeatzBoyFTW,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=q0VZgW9P,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-10-21T06:34:12.964+0000) > > It's not gonna make them move away at such a close range, unless you want to waste an extra 5 seconds to kill them off. It does, and you don't have to kill them.
Doodlzzz (NA)
: Game times are really inconsistent
You realize that the only reason they are "inconsistent" is because people are inconsistent. Some teams are great, some are garbage, sometimes they are average. If two teams are about the same skill, games tend to last longer. If one is vastly inferior, you get those short games.
: Hey, I just got Poked and Tower Dived at level 3.
Pros dive at level 2. You just played like crap and got outplayed. "Trash" game is the most popular in the world.
: Can we please space out the Krugs' positioning to avoid getting cock-blocked?
Show more

Drive By Max

Level 95 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion