TheSlogs (NA)
: There is a difference between walking onto a campus and guns being illegal vs a country where guns are illegal. Look at the statistics of places in the EU. So few gun massacres in each of those countries since they banned guns, you can count them on your hands.
> [{quoted}](name=TheSlogs,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=GhKpxZ3p,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2016-06-12T20:41:55.042+0000) > > There is a difference between walking onto a campus and guns being illegal vs a country where guns are illegal. Look at the statistics of places in the EU. So few gun massacres in each of those countries since they banned guns, you can count them on your hands. yeah they just have bombings instead. much better.
: Click the gears in the client. Click "Suppress Esports Notifications".
> [{quoted}](name=TurquoiseYoshi,realm=NA,application-id=9hBQwnEU,discussion-id=VJLkEqPe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-06-12T00:53:12.211+0000) > > Click the gears in the client. Click "Suppress Esports Notifications". thanks, thats nice. still doesnt stop the front page news stories from spoiling , but at least slightly better.
Rioter Comments
: Tokens, Chests, Essence . . . I'm confused
Best advice I can give you is to do whatever you want with your stuff. They decided to hide Mastery 6 and 7 behind hextech crafting as part of a money dig to get people to spend money on chests so that they could advance in mastery. So you have to choose one or the other. There is no right answer, just pick what you prefer.
: Jesus fucking Christ I've opened several Hextech chests and only got skin shards.
nice that they're thinking of a solution, but once again.... why IP? why not let us cash in MASTERY points for that champ shard to make our champion mastery 6/7 you know, using the MASTERY system to advance in the MASTERY system?
: What champion do you always dodge when on your team?
: > [{quoted}](name=Drunk Rummate,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fAZYbiUI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-20T04:47:10.312+0000) > > Still great against champions with high cooldown CC. Especially suppression. > > Still great for squishy ADCs who can't afford even a second of CC without getting blown to smithereens. > > I think it was never meant to be a bruiser item in the first place. Big part of bruiser counterplay is CCing them because most of them (like pantheon) can just jump on you and murder you instantly. Here's why I went with QSS: Enemy Team Comp: {{champion:1}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:9}} Taliyah and {{champion:72}} Here was what I could build before we lost - {{item:3071}} {{item:3156}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3139}}
Straight up you should have gone Banshees instead of the scimitar. Survive the annie burst and just accept you're going to be CCd to hell because theres still a fiddle, sona, and skarner after the annie stun. Tanks counter that kind of stuff, not scimitar.
: So CertainlyT is going to work on warwicks rework..
its honestely a coin flip with this guy. i tend to like his stuff but as someone who doesnt play warwick, and doesnt intend on playing warwick... im very afraid.
: So my CSing has gone up with my rank...
I learned to CS in ARAM. Now I'm a CSing god because CSing in a lane against 5 opponents with 4 teammates randomly autoing and using spells is the most difficult training you could ever endure. Also made my teamfight is damn good too =^] Seriously, if you play it with a purpose aram can be good training.
: I don't know of a single high Elo top laner that doesn't complain about trundle
I play Azir top into him kekekeke Azir ulti counters Trundle Ulti because you just disengage and walk away. You can dash over his pillar easily. You can harass him without taking any return damage You scale harder than him. Really the only thing hes got late game is a split push, but TP azir can just waveclear for days against that kind of crap, and stalling out the game is a win for Azir anyways. But yeah, as far as standard picks go I agree Trundle is silly.
: So... what is the point of Mercurial Scimitar now that it's gimped?
Still great against champions with high cooldown CC. Especially suppression. Still great for squishy ADCs who can't afford even a second of CC without getting blown to smithereens. I think it was never meant to be a bruiser item in the first place. Big part of bruiser counterplay is CCing them because most of them (like pantheon) can just jump on you and murder you instantly.
: Your main is now a Dark Souls boss
{{champion:268}} Soul of Azir - Emperor of the Sands. One of the twisted souls, steeped in strength. Use to acquire many souls, or transpose to extract its true strength. Born to a royal family, but youngest of many siblings, Azir rose to be an emperor due to the untimely death of his siblings. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he led an army known as the Ascended and wrested complete control of Shurima. At the peak of his strength, Azir searched for his own ascension, only to be betrayed by the slaves he set free. The power of the failed Ascension turned Shurima to dust, and Azir was forced to wait many years before he was freed. **Transposed Items:** Sun Disc (Miracle) - Create a protective tower that generates light and damages enemies that approach it. Ascended Spear - Spear of an Ascended Soldier, formerly controlled by Azir. Weapon Art: Conquering Sands - Slide in a direction and thrust your spear for increased damage and shield piercing.
GI Jho (NA)
: Turn a character from a non-MOBA game you played recently into a champion
My Dark Souls 3 character ^_^ Energy Based (Stamina Bar) Passive: Sovereignless Souls - When minions, monsters, and champions die around you, you acquire souls. based on their size and strength. Returning to base converts these souls into experience, but dying before recalling loses them forever. Q: Swordplay - slash as many times as you desire, limited by your energy bar. Each slash costs 20 energy, but can be charged for extra damage at an increased energy cost (up to 40 energy and 1.5x damage). Hold Q to charge. Passive: Using Q against a target facing away from you performs a **backstab**, granting you both momentary invincibility during the animation but stunning them momentarily while you deal a critical strike. W: Block - Hold up your shield to absorb 100% of physical damage, or 60% of magic damage. Each attack blocked costs energy based on the damage absorbed. Running out of energy while blocking will stagger you momentarily. E: Roll - Expend some energy to quickly maneuver in a direction. You are granted a short window of invincibility during your roll. Using Q after a roll will perform a special animation. R: Crystal Magic Weapon - Buff your sword with sharp crystals to significantly increase damage and add magic damage to your attacks and abilities.
: Would you rather have 4 average teammates
average is always better than bad with good. good cant offset bad if good is playing against average, because average knows how to chill and stop feeding after they die a couple times. "You're only as strong as your weakest link"
: ARAM Lobby: You get the perfect team but then somebody leaves at 1 second left.
then next game you get something boring and one dimensional like WW :[ happens without fail
: when ur main is first picked banned every game
fortunately most people dont play my main even though he's OP :) {{champion:268}} though more and more people are taking him away from me because of MSI now :/ its fine tho my fallbacks {{champion:103}} {{champion:136}} can deal with him just fine :D
: Is Overwatch really that good?
its a post 2010 blizzard game so its probably bad.
: The REAL reason LATE GAME Vayne Is OP as hell
red trinket? if your support built sightstone item you can easily have 2-3 of these and not be lacking in wards. idk i think vayne's lategame is fine, but i play bullshit like azir and ahri so im maybe biased.
: No, but for real, how do I counter PLAY LeBlanc?
stand inside of your team and burst her when she comes in. she struggles against teams who do the 5 man huddle caveat: if she's super fed she's going to kill you and get away, nothing you can do about it. but thats true for any fed assassin.
: Ryze and Azir are the biggest mistakes Riot has ever made
> [{quoted}](name=HateDaddy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=JwuqnIp6,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-05-16T22:51:31.535+0000) > Even frustrating champions to face like Zed, Yasuo and Tahm have weaknesses. They're all melee for starters. Zed doesn't teamfight well, Yasuo can be easily focused (but knock up comps need to be deleted or made significantly weaker, that's my gripe with Yasuo) and tahm doesn't do much on his own. These champions carry games by being huge lane bullies and the best scaling champions in the game and that shouldn't be. **Azir's major weaknesses:** - Being a zone control mage limits him to teamfighting and turtling in his lane for the majority of the game. He can't deal with split pushers well, which is why you're seeing RYZE played against him (because Ryze can split push for a 1:3:1 setup, and is extremely strong with teleport due to it's initiation potential). - Weak to poke. He has low/no sustain and relies on potions and doran ring regeneration to keep himself topped off on health and mana respectively. Champions like Xerath who have tons of poke and built in sustain, or VelKoz who have low mana costs, great poke, and a strong all in from high range are extremely powerful against Azir. Advice: Stop picking assassins like Zed and Leblanc into Azir, then complaining when you can't snowball and win the game before 30 minutes. He has a kit that's designed to stall games out versus low waveclear assassins. Champions like Varus, Jayce, Xerath, and Ziggs on the other hand, perform extremely well against Azir during all stages of the game. Alternatively, adapt a split pushing playstyle and take side towers and pull his team apart, weakening his teamfight. **Ryze's major weaknesses:** - Extremely predictable burst combo that requires him to be stationary for a long time. This makes him very susceptible to CC. He also has low range, meaning for him to deal damage you will always have an opportunity to hit him back. - Heavily restricted to making plays based on his summoner cooldowns. He's very easy to kite when he can't just flash on top of you, or homeguard in with teleport. Advice: Anything with a reasonable amount of CC will cripple Ryze's damage output in a fight. It's very easy to land CC on him since he is immobile most of the time. A champion like Ahri who can stay at arms length most of the time, and them charm him if he flashes in for a combo is fantastic. Alternatively, pick something with longer range and keep away from him completely. Or pick something that he doesn't want to target, and CC the living crap out of him (Leona style).
: the "blame the jungler stereotype" created an even worse one.
what happens if you ping assistance after freezing your lane against a low health, pushing enemy and they come with great intentions and miss all their skill shots then die in a tower dive? :[
Kovah (NA)
: How do you get off a behavioral restriction?
generally i just dont talk to people in this game. chat with my friends in discord instead. pings are enough to tell ppl what my plans are. ive never gotten a behavioral restriction, so yeah. that probably works.
Amelie (NA)
: Zyra feels strong but less skillful to play now
zyra was my top support before this update, always loved playing her. it feels like they removed a lot of the skill with her QW combo in particular, since you dont even have to hit your seed for it to turn into a plant now. makes sense with the new passive, but its just counter intuitive to me as someone who played old zyra a lot. i guess they wanted zyra to be a control mage, so in that sense the rework is doing its job. more dps over an area, less dps to a specified target. it just feels bad because she used to have such controlled burst, and now it doesnt really matter how accurate you are with skillshots because you're going to make 4 plants with your Q anyways, and the Q damage isnt high enough to where you feel like you're boned for missing it.
: This game started with 4 bans for 40 champions
yeah but riot keeps 70 of those 130 champs balanced into the dumpster so we're basically in the same place as before
: Why I'm Quitting League of Legends, A Rant About Change
I like that they change it up dramatically every season. Even though I don't agree with many of the changes, I stick around because I know it's for a good underlying reason and they generally reach a decent balance soon enough. I mean, feel free to quit, its your choice really, but I don't agree with your reasoning.
: Just destroy tank ekko please
just give him the same base defense stat scaling as a ranged champion. problem solved.
: ...or you can just ask them which skin they're picking.
> [{quoted}](name=Gogo Tomag0,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=n1t6gNAh,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-12T03:18:39.534+0000) > > ...or you can just ask them which skin they're picking. Talking to people sucks.
: Cn we talk about the elephant in the room
his ult is kind of silly. idk his kits tough because it has obscene amounts of point and click CC on top of basically invincibility for an ultimate. the high cooldowns make up for the CC, but his ult being basically a self-kayle ult with double the duration i disagree with.
: PSA: Your support is allowed to CS if you're not there
sure, but dont push the lane unless it's already pushing. if you show absolutely zero knowledge of wave control, prepare to be bitched at.
: Mid lane, hard to mater, fun.
Diana - Can also go top or jungle, pretty much the same items except for the jungle one. Fizz - Can also top or jungle, but the builds are different. Kassadin - Can also top. Builds may vary. Lissandra - Can also top. Builds may vary.
: Last question. Do you think Riot should make an Ap defense item? Or melee/tank mages should either scale off their kit like Cho or use regular defensive items?
> [{quoted}](name=Samflash3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cAKBEqNT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-12T03:08:23.839+0000) > > Last question. Do you think Riot should make an Ap defense item? Or melee/tank mages should either scale off their kit like Cho or use regular defensive items? RoA, Abyssal, and Zhonyas are all very good in their own right. Many AP tanks already build RoA. It's not uncommon on Maokai or Cho, especially if they get ahead early.
: Hmm...good point. Okay another one...why do people buy Sunfire cape as opposed to Titanic or Deadman's Chest?
> [{quoted}](name=Samflash3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cAKBEqNT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-05-12T02:50:31.147+0000) > > Hmm...good point. > > Okay another one...why do people buy Sunfire cape as opposed to Titanic or Deadman's Chest? it's more consistent damage than deadmans and its more defense than titanic, its also better for teamfights than deadmans.
: What's the point of "Fill" if it is always just support
i usually queue with 2-4 of my friends and we always pick fill just for the randomness of it. one of us ALWAYS gets support though, so yeah. there's that.
Woook3r (NA)
: Which is worse? All ap or all ad?
all ap worse unless you have azir, he doesnt care about tanks. i guess brand or zyra would be pretty decent too.
I Be Rad (NA)
: I'm really not gonna understand the people complaining about Hextech Crafting.
im more annoyed that it exists at all, as someone who has spent a lot of money for my skin collection
The8east (NA)
: HERE IS A MESSAGE TO ALL YOU NEW LVL 30 PLAYERS
> [{quoted}](name=The8east,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=H0xwfnBG,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-05-09T08:55:38.636+0000) > > NO... YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY RANKED. NOR ARE YOU READY FOR RANKED. RANKED IS WHERE MOST OF THE TRY HARDS ARE LOCATED. IT IS NOT A GOOD LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR THESE REASONS. > > 1. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE DEAD FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME. > 2. IF YOU ARE NOT DEAD, YOU WILL BE COWERING UNDER TOWER ALL GAME NOT LEARNING ANY GAME MECHANICS OR SKILLS. > 3. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NOT GET ANY ADVICE BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL FLAME YOU (YES THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE MAD TOO.) > 4. RANKED IS WHERE YOU ARE EXPECTED TO KNOW YOUR LANE, THE GAME, AND SMALL MECHANICS. IT IS NOT THE TUTORIAL. > > RANKED-------------------TUTORIAL: THEY ARE SPELLED COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. > > THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY > > p.s Before all you haters invade the comment section, I just had a lux support that literally admitted to not knowing what she was doing, she just wanted to play ranked because she hit lvl 30 and thought it would be fun. hint* we lost that game due to her feeding jg and bot with her adc. actually the try hards are in normal draft because they got ranked restricted for flaming their teammates ^_^
: is teemo not available in one for all?
he's available, he's just hiding
: I have to admit, riot's solution is a little funny
as a mage main i hate these mage updates. i want my mana regen back... i want my high ap items back. i also want all the damn IP i spent on cdr runes back now that every fking item has cdr on it now lol
: Does Zed really need a slow?
the slow is fine its his passive and free AD thats silly
: Anyone tell me how Vlad E is not broken?
it only costs more if yoir opponent builds lots of magic resist.
: Hextech Rocket Belt
its quite good on diana
: I would play ap champs and rush a zhonyas. Or play some one like pantheon who has easy cc.
> [{quoted}](name=CR4ZYRONDH4VI,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gp08iA6V,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-05-06T03:26:11.433+0000) > > I would play ap champs and rush a zhonyas. Or play some one like pantheon who has easy cc. and if you are ADC? option 1 - play blue build ezreal option 2 - ...?
: With new Athene changes, what do we build vs AP assassins?
abyssal will be even better than before, actually but with mana regen being all but removed and QSS no longer removing zed's mark, I don't think you're going to have to worry about playing vs AP champs in midlane anymore. League of {{champion:238}} is approaching swiftly...
Fasmodey (EUW)
: And except Taric, how many attractive male champion do we have? I'm talking about a male champion that is oversexualized as much as Taric. No one. So let's look at female champions: {{champion:103}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:37}} I chose the most oversexualized ones, there are much more actually but some people may dont see them as oversexualized but anyway. It's more than 1 male champion. Taliyah is also beautiful in different way. Some people's standards are too high.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=k0zvzigH,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-05-02T20:06:16.933+0000) > > And except Taric, how many attractive male champion do we have? I'm talking about a male champion that is oversexualized as much as Taric. No one. First take a moment to understand male sexuality, because you're approaching it from the wrong angle. Guys attraction being based almost purely on looks, Womens attraction being based on a large mix between looks and personality. There are plenty of male champions in this game which push different types of sexuality, just as much as Taric. You're only looking at one facet, and it's honestly one of the less attractive ones to your average woman. {{champion:122}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:23}} studs. Your typical school athlete. There's one stereotype. {{champion:126}} proper. The original debonair. {{champion:157}} cool, calm, collected. Intelligent. {{champion:104}} {{champion:236}} badass. They'll take you on a motorcycle ride to the firing range and teach you to hunt. And keep in mind all of these characters are RIPPED and SLENDER. So yeah. You're totally fucking wrong lol.
: What if Ekko's utility... scaled with AP?
I'd rather just see him pushed back into assassin and get rid of this tank bullshit. He's fine as a teamfighting leblanc alternative...
: As a banned player myself, my thoughts on the Tyler1 debacle.
All I can say is I cringed through his Overwatch stream for about 5 minutes today before realizing he's nothing more than a whiny kid. I don't get what all the hype is about. Though I never really was on board with the community of people who watch things like that either. I also think twitch chat is cancer, and permanently hide it. I also can't bring myself to watch streamers like Sneaky *gasp* (despite thinking he's a decent guy) purely because of his donations puking all over the place constantly. So I guess I'm just old and out of it.
: Well that's time I'll never get back. Why did I even bother to read this
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=EzdqPEzO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-05-03T00:50:37.626+0000) > > Well that's time I'll never get back. > > Why did I even bother to read this Glad I read your post first so I would know not to read past "Kaceytron"
Rioter Comments
: Riot we need a good item to rush to counter sunfire cape.
literally anything with lifesteal or magic resist will help you counter sunfire.
: The indefinite banning of Tyler1
dont know who he is, dont really care either.
Show more

Drunk Rummate

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion