Rioter Comments
iiGazeii (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xxzXgZak,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-06-26T01:35:22.134+0000) > > Well the shield gauge isn't based off solely by how much damage he takes, part of it is charge from how much damage Mordekaiser does. I believe the tool tip states it's an 80/20 split between damage he takes / damage he deals. > > So it's not really like Tahm's grey health. Sort of. But not really. > > I mean if you want they could give Mordekaiser his health costs back, that also went into how his he generated his resource bar. The idea is that Morde builds up a shield that he can press a button and instantly add it to his health bar. Tahm Kench also has a button like that, only everybody can see exactly how big that shield is because it's displayed on his health bar as gray health. It would not be hard to grant Morde a portion of the damage he deals as gray health. Storing a value that will later be added to your health bar already exists in League, and the fact that Morde displays it as a non-descriptive white bar below his health bar is a clarity issue and inconsistent with other champions that do basically the same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xxzXgZak,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-06-26T01:46:31.074+0000) > > The idea is that Morde builds up a shield that he can press a button and instantly add it to his health bar. Tahm Kench also has a button like that, only everybody can see exactly how big that shield is because it's displayed on his health bar as gray health. > > It would not be hard to grant Morde a portion of the damage he deals as gray health. Storing a value that will later be added to your health bar already exists in League, and the fact that Morde displays it as a non-descriptive white bar below his health bar is a clarity issue and inconsistent with other champions that do basically the same thing. 100% agree, I've been saying this since he came out. Even playing as Morde, it's unclear how much your shield is going to be worth.
: >so now we can start seeing posts about other things on the boards again. Yet you decided to make **another** thread.
> [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=r8sPr9za,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-21T07:43:43.499+0000) > > Yet you decided to make **another** thread. If you dont tell the people, the people wont stop. That said, you aren't wrong
Rioter Comments
: Thanks! I appreciate the detailed feedback so much :) I tried to experiment with various levels of cosmic importance so having a few misses was inevitable, I suppose. It seems somewhere between "enemy of the gods" and "unusually strong Voidborn" is the most resonant. I'm personally leaning pretty heavily towards The Despoiler at the moment (but that may be because I want more Rune Wars lore.) But the potential of a rivalry with Volibear in Freljord, or with Malphite in Ixtal may also be too good to pass up... Were the more cultural bits relating to Cho'Gath in *The Cannibal* at least somewhat appealing, even if the premise was less so? I'm trying to find a way to smoothly incorporate him into the cultural memory/mythos of Runeterra in some way and that+Great Maw were the ones I pushed that the hardest on.
I have to say I actually really liked the cultural aspect, but I've always been more of a fan of connections among cities and such (like how characters are intertwined with multiple factions of runeterra and how they got to be that way), as opposed to event-oriented lore (like the rune wars). I'm not sure why, but "The Cannibal" was really cool for me because it showed how frightening he is, and in what light different areas saw the Gath'Sai.
: Unconventional builds and champions does not equal griefing, we've been over this.
This is a reference to his youtube channel with shit like "FULL CRIT FIDDLESTICKS 1-SHOT, ACTUALLY BUSTED - FULL CRITTLESTICKS GAMEPLAY" where he gets fed in a gold smurf game and calls the build strong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pepega Xerath,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FIqJTvdp,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-06T18:22:24.461+0000) > > Hello, I need you help please. I am trying to submit a formal apology but my comment is taken down. I am sorry for causing harm I was being dumb and stupid. I want to apologize to the community and to the person I hurt. I am sorry. I do not know what you are asking of me?
Write the apology for him damn it. The man wants to apologize!
: > He is a human being and have the right to not be threatened, be understood, and not mocked I do not think, you understand the person you replied to :) > you possess an abysmally low social intelligence Didn't you just talk about not mocking others? O.o
I wonder who it might have been threatening this guy. Perhaps someone with a bird-oriented name? hm?{{sticker:sg-ahri-3}}
Arakadia (NA)
: Its directly reinforcing his theme of bringing souls into his Afterworld to make himself stronger. He literally uses souls after bringing them to the Afterworld so it is very thematically appropriate even if he is not the biggest dueler ever.
But he kills people in the real world, then their souls are SENT to his death realm. "There, in the once empty wasteland, all those who had died under his latest reign were waiting. Perverted by dark sorcery, their spirits would never fade. The strongest became his devout, eternal army, bound to his will… but even the weak were given purpose." He doesn't take live people to the death realm and kill them there. The people who are there are there because he made quick work of them in the real world, and he was now raising an army. That's my point.
Rioter Comments
: You are obviously a terrible example, you would pick your CAN man to my SPIDER LEG BOY in term of coolness. I can't accept that, you are a false prophet Malicious Metal! BEGONE.
wait u like Peter Parker?
: What champs do you actually find fun anymore?
People won't like or respect you as a player, but if that isn't an issue for you, I find {{champion:105}} really fun. Lots of damage, some outplay, and isn't very complicated to pick up.
: > [{quoted}](name=Du Ma Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pvW9LQOx,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-18T05:07:36.906+0000) > > You missed the part where the stepdad physically abused him, or did that not coincide with your "mightier-than-thou" argument? Hm? Physical abuse does not automatically mean hate, it just means the person is severely fucked in the head and should have law enforcement involved. It was the norm for child discipline around the world up to as late as the 1980s, and i imagine some places still haven't progressed further than that even today.
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pvW9LQOx,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-19T06:30:53.963+0000) > > Physical abuse does not automatically mean hate, it just means the person is severely fucked in the head and should have law enforcement involved. It was the norm for child discipline around the world up to as late as the 1980s, and i imagine some places still haven't progressed further than that even today. A valid point, but that fact doesn't make it right, nor legal. Hence my point: to say that nothing here is *wrong* and the situation is the kid's fault (and can be handled easily with a simple conversation) is a severely false statement.
: > [{quoted}](name=G Master Hung,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pvW9LQOx,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-18T03:32:57.505+0000) > > No, not really....I'm in high school and unlike most kids, I'm actually not an asshole, I mostly keep to myself and have around 10 friends I'm very close with, so not an attention seeker this was not for attention. Also, I don't play league at my mom's, I only play at my dad's and I even play the game with my dad. Also most of the time my stepdad brings me up as the center of the fight. So I'm being ignored but my presence is not. You were very clearly attention seeking from your family. First you said that your stepfather, choosing to stay out of your fight with your mother means he clearly wants you out - it does not, it means he clearly wants to stay out of your argument because he either doesn't want to fight or he doesn't think he can make any difference, so he leaves you and your mom to it. Why should BOTH your parents be involved, anyway? You clearly don't consider him your dad so why would he hold any responsibility towards you and your upbringing? You are making that your mother's job yourself, and you also seem to ignore your step dad as much as you can - isn't he just doing the exact same thing you are? Who knows what's going on in his mind - for all we know, he might actually want to act like a dad for you, but is scared of doing so because you're always either angry at him or avoiding him. Alternatively, he might actually want you gone - and from the sounds of it you don't like him at all so why are you even upset if he avoids you? That sounds like exactly what you want him to. Unless you're desperate for his attention. And then after you ignore and avoid him, upon returning you are upset that he didn't react to your absence. Not only were you gone for less than an hour - you were with your dad, and your mother knew this. Why should they be angry, upset or worried about you? They knew full well you were in your dad's care - the moment you went to him, you stopped being their responsibility and started being his. Your dad is an extremely nice person to take time out of his day to come get you like that on a whim of yours - most adults do not have that kind of time, and have other things they want to do during their day. And yet he came the instant you called for him. It sounds like he is coddling you quite a lot. Reminds me of my own dad. From your behaviour in your story it sounds like you make a lot of trouble for your mom and stepdad because they're not behaving in ways you want them to. It also sounds like you're incapable of trying to understand things from their perspective (this is just my guess based on the story you've told me so far) and you tend to fight and yell at them because you decide in your head what they are thinking and feeling without actually talking to them about it and finding out from them. Have you ever actually asked them what they think or how they're feeling instead of deciding in your head what they think about you? Have you even had a conversation about these things when neither of you were angry and yelling at each other?
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pvW9LQOx,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-05-18T04:04:06.646+0000) > > You were very clearly attention seeking from your family. First you said that your stepfather, choosing to stay out of your fight with your mother means he clearly wants you out - it does not, it means he clearly wants to stay out of your argument because he either doesn't want to fight or he doesn't think he can make any difference, so he leaves you and your mom to it. Why should BOTH your parents be involved, anyway? You clearly don't consider him your dad so why would he hold any responsibility towards you and your upbringing? You are making that your mother's job yourself, and you also seem to ignore your step dad as much as you can - isn't he just doing the exact same thing you are? Who knows what's going on in his mind - for all we know, he might actually want to act like a dad for you, but is scared of doing so because you're always either angry at him or avoiding him. Alternatively, he might actually want you gone - and from the sounds of it you don't like him at all so why are you even upset if he avoids you? That sounds like exactly what you want him to. Unless you're desperate for his attention. > > And then after you ignore and avoid him, upon returning you are upset that he didn't react to your absence. Not only were you gone for less than an hour - you were with your dad, and your mother knew this. Why should they be angry, upset or worried about you? They knew full well you were in your dad's care - the moment you went to him, you stopped being their responsibility and started being his. Your dad is an extremely nice person to take time out of his day to come get you like that on a whim of yours - most adults do not have that kind of time, and have other things they want to do during their day. And yet he came the instant you called for him. It sounds like he is coddling you quite a lot. Reminds me of my own dad. > > From your behaviour in your story it sounds like you make a lot of trouble for your mom and stepdad because they're not behaving in ways you want them to. It also sounds like you're incapable of trying to understand things from their perspective (this is just my guess based on the story you've told me so far) and you tend to fight and yell at them because you decide in your head what they are thinking and feeling without actually talking to them about it and finding out from them. > > Have you ever actually asked them what they think or how they're feeling instead of deciding in your head what they think about you? Have you even had a conversation about these things when neither of you were angry and yelling at each other? You missed the part where the stepdad physically abused him, or did that not coincide with your "mightier-than-thou" argument? Hm?
: > [{quoted}](name=A Swarm of Koala,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pvW9LQOx,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-18T02:02:43.155+0000) > > Yeah but pretty much anything belongs in GD as long as it's not political, religion or like...racism or that sort of shittery. > > This is just a kid who is dealing with a shitty time, probably looking for a place to vent and maybe a little support. They're welcome here. More so than you and your putdowns. He should consult a professional, not the boards. I have to deal with a lot of shit too, but this forum is the wrong place.
> [{quoted}](name=Laufplanke,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pvW9LQOx,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-18T02:41:17.635+0000) > > He should consult a professional, not the boards. I have to deal with a lot of shit too, but this forum is the wrong place. Maybe he wanted to vent in a place where some other people might have lived through similar situations. Maybe he just needed to get the words down and a few upvotes and comments of support are helpful to his (assuming "him") self esteem. Maybe it's late and he's 15 and unable to go see a professional at the current moment. Maybe, if you'd read the rest of the story, you'd realize that the guy is in need of somewhere to go/put his ideas down where he isn't going to be attacked like he is in his own home. Maybe there are a lot of reasons for him to write this here. Maybe you should take your problems to a professional instead of shitting on people who are just looking for a little comfort. [removed by moderation]
: Same, Mine's a little different though https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/411/563/442.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Demon King Maou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NJgYErjO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-15T19:44:21.691+0000) > > Same, > Mine's a little different though > https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/411/563/442.jpg Shane! Put the cat DOWN. Oh god he has airpods in, oh god oh fuck
: Edit here: i only somewhat seen him here but i didnt notice him till a little while then i seen a malph ulting then poof i dodged by reflex i even surprised myself. (idk what UI means unless its user interface but it seems like your using it differently.)
Mortdog (NA)
: Hey everyone. Let me see if I can offer more insight. We see all the polls, upvate threads, and requests to bring bans back to ARAM. We understand that a very large group of players feel this way. We get the benefits it brings, feeling like you have some agency to remove particular champs you don't enjoy facing. That's super valid. (I personally banned Teemo every game because trying to push into shrooms is pain.) We understand the desire and the need bans fill. HOWEVER, they also come with draw backs. Whether or not you agree with them, there are players that enjoy and have a high affinity for champions like Veigar and Brand. There are players that don't want to think about bans and just want to get in the game quick. There are players that enjoy the high and low rolls of a pure random mode. And believe it or not, most of them aren't "ARAM accounts". Discounting and downvateing them doesn't make them not real. FOR NOW, we'd like to see if we can solve some of the pain points through other methods before considering re-instating bans. Balancing has proven to work quite well, as we've seen Sona/Ziggs go from 68% win rate to 57%. We still have some more adjustments that can be made, but the champions are more fair to face than they have ever been. There's still more work to be done though, and more adjustments will be coming more often. (I've already got a batch ready for approval.) Bans are a very strong hammer we aren't quite ready to slam down yet. If you look at the ban rates I posted on twitter, for a few champs it was basically the equivalent of deleting them from the mode. If we made a poll saying "Should we delete Zoe from SR?" I'm sure it would have a ton of upvates...but we still wouldn't do it because it's not the right call. Game design isn't always about the popular opinion. That being said, we are STILL OPEN TO BRINGING THEM BACK if our other methods don't solve the issues. If after a few months, Fiddle/Veigar are still a pain to play against, then we'll reconsider. I'm sure this post hasn't changed many peoples minds, but hopefully at least shows you where we're coming from. Other common thoughts: *Look we had 5 melee and they had the perfect comp. This shows we need bans and they were ARAM accounts* - No...this happened either way, regardless of bans and they very likely were NOT ARAM accounts. The thing about random is that highs and lows exist. With all champs unlocked in our internal playtests, we still managed a Lux/Morg/Blitz/Jhin/Alistar comp. It was terror. It happens. *Why not just unlock all champs* - This would help for sure, but has side effects we aren't comfortable with. It's no secret that Riot does need to make money in order to continue as a business, and this would impact that quite a bit. However, I do think we can make improvements in this area. 42 F2P champs isn't enough. More on this hopefully soon-ish.
> [{quoted}](name=Mortdog,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FA8HwyQe,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-23T16:20:31.805+0000) > > Hey everyone. Let me see if I can offer more insight. > > We see all the polls, upvate threads, and requests to bring bans back to ARAM. We understand that a very large group of players feel this way. We get the benefits it brings, feeling like you have some agency to remove particular champs you don't enjoy facing. That's super valid. (I personally banned Teemo every game because trying to push into shrooms is pain.) We understand the desire and the need bans fill. > > HOWEVER, they also come with draw backs. Whether or not you agree with them, there are players that enjoy and have a high affinity for champions like Veigar and Brand. There are players that don't want to think about bans and just want to get in the game quick. There are players that enjoy the high and low rolls of a pure random mode. And believe it or not, most of them aren't "ARAM accounts". Discounting and downvateing them doesn't make them not real. > > FOR NOW, we'd like to see if we can solve some of the pain points through other methods before considering re-instating bans. Balancing has proven to work quite well, as we've seen Sona/Ziggs go from 68% win rate to 57%. We still have some more adjustments that can be made, but the champions are more fair to face than they have ever been. There's still more work to be done though, and more adjustments will be coming more often. (I've already got a batch ready for approval.) > > Bans are a very strong hammer we aren't quite ready to slam down yet. If you look at the ban rates I posted on twitter, for a few champs it was basically the equivalent of deleting them from the mode. If we made a poll saying "Should we delete Zoe from SR?" I'm sure it would have a ton of upvates...but we still wouldn't do it because it's not the right call. Game design isn't always about the popular opinion. > > That being said, we are STILL OPEN TO BRINGING THEM BACK if our other methods don't solve the issues. If after a few months, Fiddle/Veigar are still a pain to play against, then we'll reconsider. I'm sure this post hasn't changed many peoples minds, but hopefully at least shows you where we're coming from. > > > Other common thoughts: > *Look we had 5 melee and they had the perfect comp. This shows we need bans and they were ARAM accounts* - No...this happened either way, regardless of bans and they very likely were NOT ARAM accounts. The thing about random is that highs and lows exist. With all champs unlocked in our internal playtests, we still managed a Lux/Morg/Blitz/Jhin/Alistar comp. It was terror. It happens. > > *Why not just unlock all champs* - This would help for sure, but has side effects we aren't comfortable with. It's no secret that Riot does need to make money in order to continue as a business, and this would impact that quite a bit. However, I do think we can make improvements in this area. 42 F2P champs isn't enough. More on this hopefully soon-ish. I'm aware you probably don't feel like starting an entire discussion in the boards comment section, but I'm just curious what you all think about the idea of unlocking all champions for ARAM. 1. The mode isn't competitive for most players - it's a for-fun game mode, so players not being good at champions should not dictate the enjoyment (plus, even if you've never played vel'koz for example, anyone can get a lucky combo or ultimate). 2. It let's players try out champion kits in a player vs player environment. 3. It makes it *more random*. You can't go wrong making a *random* game mode *more random*. I can see where the issue of not letting players play the champions they want to (i.e. people who have an aptitude for veigar or brand, like you say, may not get those champions nearly as often), but on the bright side they won't be permabanned, so the players will still have the opportunity to play them, even if it isn't quite so frequent.
: there's been people hating all the new stuffs that were added to the game since the beginning mate if you still like the game more power to you as for myself I remember when tanks were able to hold off multiple champs for a good deal of time, at the tradeoff of doing less damage than super minions everything hurts now
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=x5YaP3eq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-22T07:50:46.422+0000) > > there's been people hating all the new stuffs that were added to the game since the beginning mate > if you still like the game more power to you > as for myself I remember when tanks were able to hold off multiple champs for a good deal of time, at the tradeoff of doing less damage than super minions > everything hurts now A valid point, and I definitely don't think the game is in its prime right now. I'm literally watching the 'Road to Worlds" series from 2014, and it's giving me so much nastalgia. The game has definitely come a long way, but I don't think it's as bad as people say. But I might be wrong and completely ignorant on the subject, not sure.
XcomegaX (NA)
: People who complain about champs are just bad at the game. Unless you are complaining about sylas 300 health heal @ lvl 1
> [{quoted}](name=XcomegaX,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=x5YaP3eq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-22T07:47:15.443+0000) > > People who complain about champs are just bad at the game. > Unless you are complaining about sylas 300 health heal @ lvl 1 I have sylas permabanned in my games lmao fuck that guy
Rioter Comments
Yets4240 (NA)
: Where does durability, sustain, defense, etc factor in? Or are you, like RITO, convieniently forgetting the other side to pure damage, and huge numbers to stroke everyone's e-peen when they one shot each other without counter-play from pressing all of 2 buttons?
Sustain is a fair point, but defense (like hp and resistances) are usually build oriented and not it oriented. There are definitely abilities that contribute to these (Jax R, Nasus R, Garen W, sion w passive, etc...) but I mean I would say those are usually just an ability and not the focus of the kit or game breaking.
: According to Google, smurfing for the purpose of manipulating matchmaking is cheating.
On the other hand, if you're a diamond adc player making a new account to play mainly jg on, you have to start in high silver/low gold - you have to get through gold/plat. It's not like they can immediately start in diamond elo.
Terozu (NA)
: they are volunteers, they have not been given the authoriity to decide all rules and ban just anything.
They don't decide the rules, they decide whether the posts abide by them.
Terozu (NA)
: ...That has literally 0 to do with anything i've said. I never commented on the validity of Op's post nor did I ever say the mods should do something about it. Ever. I simply corrected the notion that what is and is not considered good discussion falls to the mods to decide. Since that's what Knights claimed. I did in I think my third post state that if there is a problem it should be looked into. But I can plainly see noone is actually reading what I wrote because everyone who has responded to me has said im saying things i didnt even remotely imply, yourself included.
Okay but Knight did not say "The moderators decide what they like and don't like". He said that the moderators determine whether the posts are against the rules (the ones that the "owner" created) and it IS their job to determine whether those posts do or do not meet the guidelines. The only thing up to moderators are whether the posts are against the rules, not the rules themselves. That's what Knight has stated: it is up to the moderators discretion whether or not a post meets the OWNER's rules (because obviously the creator of the boards cannot solo-moderate the boards).
Rioter Comments
: Neeko W not working on Turret bug has returned.
I had a game where, if I stacked my w passive first, it would apply on every auto on the tower without losing passive. But stacking on the tower didn't work, and no bonus damage came if I didn't previously have it stacked. Very bizarre.
: How to talk like a Yasuo main
I just found out I'm a Yasuo main :(
Divewing (OCE)
: Fizz has a second dash. Please point to me where Sylas' second dash is. Compare properly, don't cherry pick to suit an agenda
Fizz has one dash onto a target (q), and one free jump (on e). Sylas has one free dash (e), and a second, skillshot dash (also e), and a third small dash (similar in distance to Fizz's Q range) on W. That's where his second (and third) dashes are, assuming he doesn't take someone's ult like Warwick, in which he then has 4. Do you even play this champion?
: 1. Make her range at 10 or 9 lvl. 2. Let her attack when she ult herself. 3. Decrease W ms, increase healing. 4. Make her Q hitbox a better. 5. Required stacks to get a buff decreased to 4. That would help her a lot
May be a lot of buffs at once though. I would do 2 or *maybe* 3 of those to start and see how it works before continuing.
: I get what you're saying here, but if you're going to write an entire post in a sarcastic/comedic fashion, it belongs in memes and games, not gameplay xD
I mean yeah, it's a hard shit-post, but it does highlight some of her issues. Definitely could belong under either. Hopefully it doesn't get deleted rofl
: Those two are (well, varus after his lore update) much more recent than Taric, who is one of the original champions. His Targon update was also some time before Varus' lore update, so it is possible that in that time Riot has changed how they acknowledge (or don't) champion sexuality.
And it's possible that in time they will tell the public that he's gay, I'm just saying that as of right now, I assume he isn't, based on what they have recently done with champions who are confirmed to be.
Divewing (OCE)
: Theres a reason riot doesn't like champions like Sylas building tank, and it's called Tank Ekko and Tank Fizz. But you seem to know a lot more than Riot, so by all means, lets buff Sylas' tanking ability
You don't "build tank". You BUILD TANKY ITEMS. YOU BUILD LIKE A BRUISER. HE'S A BRUISER. I will reiterate: if you decide to play him like an assassin, don't complain about getting popped, because assassins get popped when they use their mobility to engage. If Fizz uses E to engage, then gets popped, he has no right to say Fizz needs buffs because he gets popped. It's absurd to think that.
Divewing (OCE)
: Every one of those you mention has cc or an escape. Sylas's options are "Go in", or do nothing. His heal only works after he's taken damage, so unless he times it like a god, he will die before it activates. Thats why the buff the ap of his heal, so he can skirmish better. Please, just ignore all your clear bias, and think for a moment about how every realistic teamfight will go for a 0 defenses Sylas. If the answer is anything other than: "he insta-dies or does nothing because he cant go in", you clearly just don't have the game knowledge to understand. That's a you problem, not a Sylas one
Okay, how about we buff pantheon then? Once he goes in with W or ult, he has no escapes. And if he doesn't combo like a god to keep his passive up constantly (and that's ONLY if they're autoing him instead of using ABILITIES), he'll just POP. You know why no one complains about this? Because panth builds tanky items so he won't get popped. Sylas should also do this. If you're playing full AP sylas, and refuse to position like any other assassin, and instead position like a normal bruiser, you deserve to get popped.
PB4UAME (NA)
: Getting dumpstered from top 10 top lane champions to bottom 3 in two patches with his only defensive ability as a juggernaut with no sustain or healing to speak of, high mana costs and low regen, reduced in power by over 50%, to the point where its not even worth its massive (and increased) cooldown and mana cost for the less than 100 HP shield and self slow it provides is not something any champion deserves.
At one point he was top 2. I think the nerfs ended up being too harsh, but they probably just overshot. Hopefully within the next few patches he gets some small compensation buffs.
Rustypug (NA)
: when you jokingly request to trade champs and they accept last second
: *is not confirmed to be gay iirc we don't know anything about his sexuality
I feel like, if a champion is gay, Riot likes to make sure you KNOW they're gay.{{champion:518}} {{champion:110}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Du Ma Mi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k0LZuMe6,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-02-24T21:13:34.178+0000) > > That's the absolute worst, holy Viridian kayle is just getting to a point where it's decent. The current one was part of why I quit the game last.
> [{quoted}](name=Tyrannus0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k0LZuMe6,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-24T23:01:15.995+0000) > > Viridian kayle is just getting to a point where it's decent. The current one was part of why I quit the game last. I don't blame you, that skin was trash tier for a good while
: Best use of a refund other than when Riot trashes your favorite skin in a rework because its "confusing price tiers".
> [{quoted}](name=MankeyMadness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k0LZuMe6,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-24T20:46:24.117+0000) > > Best use of a refund other than when Riot trashes your favorite skin in a rework because its "confusing price tiers". That's the absolute worst, holy
Rioter Comments
: Unpopular Opinion: Riots last few patches have made this game more fun
> [{quoted}](name=BlueSmurf2018,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=a0O2eMp3,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-21T18:50:58.705+0000) > > AND you gave us 1 refund per season. {{sticker:zombie-nunu-tears}}
: Describe one such essay.
nelogis (EUW)
: Thats a reward no?
Ulanopo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=CallMeBoomer,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=siENkTGa,comment-id=000b0001,timestamp=2019-02-02T19:47:49.258+0000) > > You honestly cherry picked and left out all of the stats/data the OP had. > > This is why people avoid the boards and use reddit more so these days. The stats were irrelevant to their argument. "There's about a 15-20% reduction in jungle EXP this year" isn't being debated. All those numbers and the way they were structured got in the way of their main point - which is that reducing jungle EXP incentivizes ganking. This is suspect logic, as changing EXP has no effect on clear times. Lowering jungle EXP changes the power of junglers at the points they go to gank, which might even be a disincentive to do so.
> The stats were irrelevant to their argument. The argument you quoted was entirely implications BASED ON THE DATA. Saying that the data behind an argument is irrelevant to the argument itself is completely false, and moderators are usually saying the opposite. Generally, when posts give their opinions WITHOUT information, the OP is asked to back it up. You just claimed that the data used to back it up was irrelevant. Please explain. > "There's about a 15-20% reduction in jungle EXP this year" isn't being debated. Although true, you said just a few posts up that: "You should avoid statements like this, as you're assuming facts not in evidence." Some people don't know about the 15-20% reduction. He did just as you told him, and you've now went the exact opposite direction in arguing because it helped further your own opinion. > All those numbers and the way they were structured got in the way of their main point - which is that reducing jungle EXP incentivizes ganking. Once again, the numbers do not get in the way, they help provide insight into how he drew those conclusions. As an aside here, he stated in the post that his conclusion was, in fact, that there will be more ganking (i.e. "reducing jungle EXP incentivizes ganking."). If this is the main point, and you also seem to agree that this is a valid main point, then the moderator who deleted the post because this WASN'T a valid conclusion should not have deleted it for this fact. If you'd like to tell me that it wasn't a valid conclusion, I have a comment further down on why it was that I would appreciate a response on - for clarity, of course. > This is suspect logic, as changing EXP has no effect on clear times. Lowering jungle EXP changes the power of junglers at the points they go to gank, which might even be a disincentive to do so. Finally, if you didn't grasp what he was trying to say, it may have not been clear enough on his part. To that point, however, I did understand his point. Changing experience may have no effect on clear times, but power farming junglers are incapable of keeping up in levels without ganking more often now, which they are generally not good at in early levels. This makes early pressure junglers more efficient, and allows them to further their lead. In essence, lowering the power of farming junglers means they will be picked less, leading to more aggressive-ganking junglers being picked more often. And even these early gankers will need to gank more than usual, as their few clears will not provide the ability to steadily level at the same rate that other junglers can. Maybe some of these were my own conclusions, but I drew them solely from the information I was provided by his original post, so saying that his logic is "suspect" because the changes don't directly affect ganking ability, even though (with his DATA, mind you) it was very evident to me that these changes would indirectly incentivize ganking more often.
: Talked with the moderator who removed that post. To your OP. It was not removed for that one comment. Overall, it just was not a stellar G+ post. While I do appreciate the math behind the jungle nerfs you provided, I don't feel like that should be the majority of the post. ---------------- Further points of improvement: -I understand that G+ is for the really deep gameplay thinkers. I do think some context to your post would help. If you're going to relate/cite a post from a Rioter, it may be helpful to link that post at some point. -The Jungle nerfs are present in your post, as is a single conclusion- it's gonna cause more ganks. I think that's maybe too broad of a conclusion. I'd suggest expounding on playstyles and/or strategies; hits to champs (buff/nerfs), in particular how this may affect champions in the extremes (S tier jungles versus D tier jungles).
> -The Jungle nerfs are present in your post, as is a single conclusion- it's gonna cause more ganks. I think that's maybe too broad of a conclusion. I'd suggest expounding on playstyles and/or strategies; hits to champs (buff/nerfs), in particular how this may affect champions in the extremes (S tier jungles versus D tier jungles). A good argument can focus on a general conclusion (i.e. junglers are going to gank more) provided it has the proper evidence to draw this conclusion. If I made the argument that "Subway is pretty good" and then gave you a page of statistics and implications about said statistics that show why, indeed, Subway is "pretty good", then my argument and the points behind it are valid. I'm not being specific in the range or variety of points I make, but the points I do make could argue a strong case for the standard of quality of a restaurant, much the same as his post very well could have argued a strong case for the outcome of these jungle changes (Junglers will, in fact, be ganking far more frequently). Just because he isn't nitpicking a single aspect of the changes doesn't mean his conclusion isn't valid. It also doesn't mean his information and the core ideas behind the info "wasn't stellar". It means he derived a proper conclusion from the information he had available, regardless of whether it was a specific point.
: and yet flash & TP can apparently be used to outplay someone but barrier, heal and ghost can't. Y'all tell me i'm wrong but don't tell me why, so i'm just gonna assume i'm right.
I mean I never addressed that you were wrong about the other spells, so chill with your blanket statement. I was addressing your opinion that flash is too strong. Which it is. But there's nothing that can be done about that now - but there IS something that can be done about other summoners. Flash is far too important to the game to be changed or removed. The others can be used for outplays, the OP is wrong about them being solely stat checks, but people would obviously be less affected by ghost being reworked than flash. That's also why ghost can't be kept in a state where it's a mandatory pick on all mid laners - it would become as important as flash, which would be terrible for gameplay.
: "when ghost was picked by everyone it was op." No really? when something is so strong it becomes mandatory on every midlaner it's too strong? who woulda thought. According to that logic so is flash. It's picked by almost everyone in almost every role. Ghost is a niche spell used by champs like singed and olaf. and that still doesn't change anything about what i said. How is flash more skillfull than ghost?
Flash has always been widely considered too strong compared to other spells. It's fundamentally broken, but it's an integral part of the game now, so nothing much we can do about it.
: If you were level 6-7, this was within 6-9 minutes in. Based on when kills happened, this would be at roughly 7 minutes, since that's his only kill on you in that timeframe. Your only items at the time were {{item:1054}} {{item:3024}} and 1-3 potions. You had +5 armor from runes (as you went with damage for your second shard, instead of armor). That's +25 armor. Poppy has 52 base armor at 6, putting you at a total of 77. Your W gave you +8/+15 armor, depending on your health, for 85/92 armor. That's decent, but not really that much, especially considering he already had the 15% armor pen from E (Giving you 72/78 effective armor). You had about 58% damage reduction when most of the physical damage happened. Meaning about 872 physical damage without Conquerer (again, assuming Conq did 300 true damage). Conquerer itself, however, only gave 126 damage (out of 998 total) that would have otherwise been reduced (300-174 (the damage that would not have been reduced)). Which really isn't that much, all things considered. In fact, Conquerer was *irrelevant* here. You had 976 health at the time. You only had 104 health after the physical damage alone, and you said his ult did 400 damage. Conquerer's true damage never *mattered*, because his kit killed you. tl;dr: Conquerer was irrelevant, as was ignite - Darius did over twelve thousand damage with his kit alone, which was 20-30% more health than you had.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=GX7rZRAj,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2018-12-31T09:10:52.574+0000) > > Darius did over twelve thousand damage with his kit alone I believe you mean hundred, 12000 damage at levels 6-7 is a little much don't you think?{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
: Let's read the comments! "Akali rework is an unfixable failure" oh...
Rioter Comments
Show more

Du Ma Mi

Level 166 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion